Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: A Priest Walks Into A Bar

I know in this show's universe (and the comics as well?) that Jesus doesn't exist as the literal son of God (or else he would be God's favorite son, not Lucifer). But I wonder if Jesus exists as an actual person that lived who humans mistakenly think was divine, or if he is a complete myth like the Greek gods.

Not to get all theological, but under the concept of the Trinity, Jesus is God, not a separate person. He is called the son of God to differentiate that aspect. So Lucifer would be Jesus' favorite son.

• Love 1
Oh man, I remember that. I also remember making up some "sins" for confession because I otherwise I had nothing to say but some white lie, then being told X numbers of Hail Mary's and X numbers of Lord's Prayers, then mumbling them out in my head as fast as possible because, "really, Priest?" Why not 11, or 13 or 27? Why those specfic numbers?? If I say only 9 Hail Mary's, am I not forgiven?

That's why I love this show, the subtle little digs at some of the absurdities of this religion, coming straight from Lucifer's own voice! The "Why does everyone think it's a good plan?" really made me laugh - so dead on and I'm was yelling at the TV, "OMG, he's so right!" :')

Glad to see this was (and probably still is) an international practice ;-) I once made the mistake of asking our teacher if confessing sins I didn't commit wasn't a sin in itself because it broke the whateverth commandment (the one about lying). Whoopsie, not a good idea.

Those are my favourite parts of the show as well. I love when things are questioned and not taken as facts 'just because'.

• Love 1

Oh yes! I remember my religion teacher prepping us "Have any of you been mean to your siblings (cue 'they started it' defenses), lied to your parents? Told your teacher you were sick when you weren't? Use them." Those days must have been painfully boring confession days for the Priest. On the opposite front, my sibling not that long ago was a Godparent and had to go to confession at some point beforehand and he was freaking out to me, even though he's not religious either, and it became an exchange like this: "Just tell him the stories of your Guys trips to Vegas?"/ "I can't tell that to a Priest!"/ "It might brighten up his day?"

I thought Lucifer told the woman in confession "10 Bloody Mary's" as to mean get drunk, then shag the driver.

• Love 3
I thought Lucifer told the woman in confession "10 Bloody Mary's" as to mean get drunk, then shag the driver.

He might have said Ten Bloody Mary's - I remembered it as Hail, but other's here have quoted the bloody so they are probably right. Either way, I laughed. Hilarious line.

• Love 1

Wow. Okay, I need to get that book. Sounds fascinating.

One more quote for you, HalcyonDays. This one I find really amusing. It's not often Death is compared to a never-ending, boring tax accountant. Which sounds like something Lucifer would say. *GRIN*

"It was inevitable that all four of them [the Four Horsemen] couldn't contribute equally, War thought. She'd been surprised at her natural affinity for modern weapons systems, which were so much more efficient than bits of sharp metal, and of course Pollution laughed at absolutely foolproof, fail-safe devices. Even Famine at least knew what computers were. Whereas… well, *he* [Death] didn't do anything much except hang around, although he did it with a certain style. It had occurred to War that there might one day be an end to War, an end to Famine, possibly even an end to Pollution, and perhaps this was why the fourth and greatest horseman was never exactly what you might call one of the lads. It was like having a tax inspector in your football team. Great to have him on your side, of course, but not the kind of person you wanted to have a drink and a chat with in the bar afterwards."

Same kind of irreverence that makes me like the humor on this show.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2

"Just tell him the stories of your Guys trips to Vegas?"/ "I can't tell that to a Priest!"/ "It might brighten up his day?"

That probably would make the priest's week ;-)

I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

The best part for me was the constant quipping, which was up to standard.  There can be no greater prize for Luci than a corrupt priest.  Heck yeah he was keen as he could possibly be about this one.  And God ensnared Luci, didn't He?  Awesome!  It was a nice touch when the lighter failed.

One of my personal beliefs is that even Lucifer (the actual one) could, in theory, be redeemed.  Having said that, we got here in the show a little too easily.  That being true, it is tremendous that it got here despite, not because of, Amenediel's scheming.

By far, the worst part is the groveling Mazi.  Why can't she be irredeemable and horrid and fierce?  We do not need her to be jealous to hate Chloe.  Chloe is so easy to hate all by herself!    She also is messing up Luci.  Mazi needs no other motive than protecting the Luci she knows.

How much did I love the Reconciliation of the MILF?!  "Bless me Father, it's been 30 minutes..."  Classic!  She expects  her desire to simply be taken from her?   Aaaahh.  Luci does lots of fun things with such shallowness.

I do hope we get another season.  I also hope we get to see a truly angry Luci in the process.

Oh.  Almost forgot...How many super-human acts of violence does Chloe need to see before she recognizes?   

• Love 2

After a second watch, I can definitively state that the penance is ten Bloody Marys,* rather than ten Hail Marys. I heard it correctly the first time but second-guessed myself. (I'm Catholic, and thus assumed it should have been Hail Marys.)

I hope this episode represents the direction the show wants to go. That God might have a plan (not a bad plan) where Lucifer, who clearly decided that he can have free will just like humans, discovers what it's like to be an full-on angel with free will and the consequences that go along with that. Thus far, as we've noted, he's pretty much ignored the damage in his wake.  

In canon, Angels don't have free will, which leads me to wonder how Amenadude (cudos, Rosiejuliemom, for coming up with that) can do what he's done without being directed by God. If he raised Malcolm from the dead and is threatening Lucifer's existence on his own, then he's rebelling the same way that Lucifer did. So, congrats, Amenadude, you've just won the key to Hell.  (eta:) He's now the poster boy for the path to Hell is paved by good intentions.

*On the type of penance: I'm a non-drinker, so ten Bloody Marys would be an egregious penance for simple lustful thoughts. However, if I confessed to that "weekend in Vegas with the Guys"... 

Edited by dragonsbite
  • Love 2
One more quote for you, HalcyonDays. This one I find really amusing. It's not often Death is compared to a never-ending, boring tax accountant. Which sounds like something Lucifer would say. *GRIN

Love that quote too - thank you sinkwriter! Yup, defniately getting that book.

After a second watch, I can definitively state that the penance is ten Bloody Marys,* rather than ten Hail Marys.

Well then, if that would be the actual penance in real life, maybe I wouldn't be a lapsed Catholic....

• Love 3

I want a second season so bad. They could pair it with Sleepy Hollow on Friday nights and have a whole supernatural theme going. Win/Win.

I'm all for this idea. Especially if it (somehow) leads to a crossover like SH did with Bones.

• Love 2

I'm all for this idea. Especially if it (somehow) leads to a crossover like SH did with Bones.

Friday night spent with two British hotties? What are you people trying to do to me?

An excellent idea, both the scheduling and the crossover. *sigh*

Here that, FOX?

• Love 4

If they could move both shows to another day I'd be on board but Friday is generally considered a bad night for TV, SH deserved better than to be moved there, and Lucifer is too new for that move. But I'm down for both on the same night and/or a crossover!

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

Lucifer meets Abbie and Ichabod?? Can Luci ask Ichabod what's his heart's desire and Crane says "Abbie Mills"? Can Luci try to seduce Abbie and she rolls those beautiful eyes at him and says, "Boy, please. I will shoot you where you stand."?

Dammit, FOX. Gimme, right now.

• Love 4

At least those two worlds (Lucifer and Sleepy Hollow) make sense, in a way. They are both supernatural in theme and style. But the crossover between Bones and Sleepy Hollow was awful! A "real" world and a supernatural one mixing? That did not work for me. I felt like taking a world like Bones where everything is grounded in reality and the FBI and science and suddenly pretending that it fits with a world in which there are zombies and monsters and supernatural elements throws everything in the "real world" of Bones off its axis. Booth and Brennan are not investigators who would just "not notice" monsters. Treating them like clueless ones makes them seem incompetent. 

Unless they have characters who already know one another and that make sense crossing over (like Buffy and Oz and Spike coming into Angel's world, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Angel the series, and vice versa, or characters from Cheers such as Diane or Sam or Lilith coming into Frasier's spin-off show), perhaps TV shows should just stay separate. Quit messing with storylines that don't belong together. It messes with the very fabric of each series and just seems like the networks serving themselves rather than going with what makes sense for each show.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 4

Lucifer meets Abbie and Ichabod?? Can Luci ask Ichabod what's his heart's desire and Crane says "Abbie Mills"? Can Luci try to seduce Abbie and she rolls those beautiful eyes at him and says, "Boy, please. I will shoot you where you stand."?

Dammit, FOX. Gimme, right now.

df443e4b22ebf8986a20856f14eb35f5.jpg

Seriously, FOX, give this to me and I will forgive 65% of my residual Firefly anger. Not even kidding, serious offer.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 6

I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

This, yes. What a lark. I felt the same way about last week's ep, but this one packed on more depth.

It's funny that I can sit there and be in awe of Tom Ellis as Tom Ellis with his wonderfully emotive face, such as when he is ohsoclose to crushing the life out of Spider--and Chloe tells him Frank wouldn't want that--and oh, the expressions, angst and hatred and sorrow and a terribly dangerous amount of control--and not get thrown out of the scene at all. Somehow this series has become recreation + super cool insight into this version of the Devil.

Though I'm still puzzled as to why Luci isn't all that quick to sense when someone is being less than honest. It's his business to suss out desires and he always seems to know when people are holding back...

When Father Frank said he was at peace, my last hope that he would live was just as shot, but damn. Loved his character. Loved how he play-whacked Luci at the piano and Luci did that fast blink-and-look-down and looked like he didn't know if it was okay to like it. Who playfully whacks the Devil? And Chloe showing up just because she thought he needed her. This is stuff Maze won't do--and yet Maze is going to protect the shit out of Luci in spite of himself. He needs to realize that if she's sworn to protect him, that must mean that in her mind, she's doing what she needs to do or she'd be incapable of doing it. But he's getting as conflicted and complicated as a human. :)

Mustache Guy can get lost any time now, and take blockheaded Dan with him. Boring.

• Love 5

First time I felt something about anyone in this show - so loved the priest - If they had him in more episodes, losing him later on would be even sadder.

I did want to scream at Lucifer to stop moving the priest after he had been shot.  You don't do that!  You can do even more harm by moving someone the wrong way - 

It was, for me, the best storyline of the show so far - the devil and a priest and done in a way that was unexpected to me.  

The piano playing made me swoon....

• Love 1

Is there space for one more? I don't care about weird moustache guy (who probably can't shoot anyone for a few days while he's praying to the porcelain god after stuffing his face with the entire menu) or Dan. Even if Dan shot him to save Chloe, what was he doing there in the first place that prevented him from coming clean right after the shooting?  If they turned Dirty Dan into Dead Dirty Dan, I wouldn't give a ****; which they are not likely to do because he's apparently a good(ish) dad, so I fear they are in some way going to try to redeem him.

I don't mind this storyline, but you do make an excellent point. There was only one obvious way in and out of that room. If Dan had simply been following Chloe because he was worried about her, he'd have been somewhere behind her, not under the secret trapdoor that (as the writers have established) only a dirty cop would know about. And he would have been able to come forward and say, "I saw that Chloe was in immediate danger of being shot, so I opened fire." He'd get a mandatory suspension with pay, but they'd have cleared him of any wrong-doing if that's all there was to it. Clearly that's not all there is to it. So Dan's dirty to an unknown degree, just maybe not as dirty as Malcolm. I actually don't have a problem with that, because it means he's an imperfect person, not a one-note character.

Come to think of it, though, how did Dan even see that Malcolm the Mustache was going for his gun? Is that secret trapdoor supposed to be made of glass? How did Dan manage to open the trapdoor and open fire faster than Malcolm could unholster his weapon and shoot at Chloe? Seriously, writers, get a police consultant...

• Love 2

Not to get all theological, but under the concept of the Trinity, Jesus is God, not a separate person. He is called the son of God to differentiate that aspect. So Lucifer would be Jesus' favorite son.

Is that Catholic? My background is LDS (Mormon) where the belief is that Heavenly Father (God) and Jesus are separate individuals. And there's a Heavenly Mother too, to complete the heavenly nuclear family.

Loved how he play-whacked Luci at the piano and Luci did that fast blink-and-look-down and looked like he didn't know if it was okay to like it. Who playfully whacks the Devil?

Loved that too! And it's mirrored at the end when Luci gives Chloe an encouraging shoulder-to-shoulder nudge when asking if she plays piano.

Edited by vampdetective
vampdetective, on 26 Mar 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Is that Catholic? My background is LDS (Mormon) where the belief is that Heavenly Father (God) and Jesus are separate individuals.

Same for Lutheran. Jesus is God's son and God's representitive (for the lack of a better word) on earth.

Now, as much as I like Lucifer, I don't hope that they plan to let him go down that path. I don't really want him to become a Savior. Unintentionally, maybe. You know, if he were sort of a catalyst, let's say for Chloe and Dan to fix their marriage and get back together. Doing good while being the bad boy he is. That I would like. But everything else I feel would change his personality far too much and it's his personality which I love and why I watch the show.

• Love 1

I don't really want him to become a Savior. Unintentionally, maybe. You know, if he were sort of a catalyst, let's say for Chloe and Dan to fix their marriage and get back together. Doing good while being the bad boy he is. That I would like. But everything else I feel would change his personality far too much and it's his personality which I love and why I watch the show.

Thing is, that's actually a major theme of the comics.

Though he insists he has no interest in doing so for any 'greater good' Lucifer is forever stepping in and saving the Silver City's ass when things go pear shaped. It's Lucifer who identifies what's happening with Creation and drags Michael kicking and screaming to the realization that Yahweh has abandoned his creation. It's Lucifer and Mazikeen who fight against the Titans when they try to usurp the Silver City. It's Lucifer who identifies, protects and prepares Elaine to take over Creation from her grandfather. Again, a lot of the time he does these things while serving his own wants and it could be argued that had Elaine not stepped up, Luci would have been like "Screw you all, I'm off to the Void anyway" but he is still very instrumental in saving his Father's creation.

So Luci as savior in spite of himself, particularly the way he was with the guy on the roof in "Eh Tu Doctor", is very much in line with the source material's themes.

• Love 2

I wish the priest could have lasted a few episodes, he brought out a lot in Luci and I loved their rapport. I also liked the reaction shots we got from Chloe--her expressions when she realized Luci had the dancers dressed as nuns cracked me up.

When Dr. Linda was going on about Lucifer not having a friend early on I thought the Priest was going to end up as a friend.  Luci needs a religious adviser. I liked the speculation that Lucifer could end up both performing good deeds accidentally (such as saving Chloe's marriage (though not sure I want that)) and that gods plan for him could be on the order of him learning what it is like to be among humans and hopefully eventually deciding to rejoin his father.

I want more show but I really wish this was on cable. I just think a lot of themes could be explored in more detail and better on cable.

• Love 2

Hmm, it really feels like this show has found it's footing now, because I've really been enjoying these past few episodes.

The case of the week is easily my favorite, because I really enjoyed the Father Frank character.  I was looking forward to it because I thought Colman Domingo pretty much saved Fear the Walking Dead when his character showed up (and is the main reason I'll return, along with them hoping they'll finally do something with Alycia Debnam-Carey), and he didn't disappoint.  Loved his interactions with Lucifer and thought Domingo and Tom Ellis played off each other well.  It was a bit of an obvious "opposite attract" thing (non-sexually, I'm guessing), but I liked the idea of Lucifer bonding and even liking a man of the cloth a.k.a. someone who worships the guy he really can't stand.  Sad that he had to die.  I wouldn't have mind seeing him pop up from time to time.  But I thought Tom Ellis did a great job.  Never thought I would feel sympathy for the Devil (I'm so sorry...)

I did get a kick out of Adam Bartley obviously being The Spider, because I"m so use to him as Ferg on Longmire.  I can just picture him being like this on that show, and having Walt, Vic, and the rest be all "What the fuck, Ferg?!"

I thought this was a pretty solid episode for Chloe, even if she was more supporting in this one.  I like how she's just so use to Lucifer being Lucifer at this point, but I liked that she was there for him at the end.  Still not sure if I'm down for an obvious romance, but I like their slow, but budding friendship.

Not surprised they found a way to save face with Dan.  So, he shot Malcolm, because Malcolm saw Chloe, and was going to shoot her.  A bit pat, but whatever.  I'm more interested in that Malcolm's revival is all part of a plan by Amendial to get Malcolm to kill Lucifer, so he can go back to Hell.  Diabolical, Amendial!  Lucifer might actually be impressed, if he wasn't the target!

I do wonder how FOX feels about this show. I know it's dropped in the ratings, but I think it has potential.  In a just world, I do think a paring with Sleepy Hollow would work much better then with Gotham (and yes, a crossover would totally work.)

• Love 3

So Dan's dirty to an unknown degree, just maybe not as dirty as Malcolm. I actually don't have a problem with that, because it means he's an imperfect person, not a one-note character.

Come to think of it, though, how did Dan even see that Malcolm the Mustache was going for his gun? Is that secret trapdoor supposed to be made of glass? How did Dan manage to open the trapdoor and open fire faster than Malcolm could unholster his weapon and shoot at Chloe? Seriously, writers, get a police consultant...

As soon as he shot Malcolm and his 'informant', fled the scene and let his wife and mother of his child get ostrachised by the rest of the precinct, he became as dirty as Malcolm, even if he wasn't before.

That's a very good question!

• Love 1

I think Malcolm would have had to run to the door and open it to get a clear shot at Chloe, probably taking several seconds, so that last at least makes sense. He was probably too stunned by Dan popping up out of hiding like John Malkovich's character in RED to draw and return fire, too. The only real question is how Dan knew what was going on if there were no openings that would indicate the presence of a hidden tunnel to the crack CSI team (who clearly went over the scene of a cop's shooting with a fine-tooth comb! Your tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlement!).

Does anyone know if Tom Ellis can actually play piano? He seems incredibly natural and relaxed in those scenes.

According to his CV, he plays the drums and the French horn. "Strong dancing ability" is also listed as one of his skills. He danced a bit as Gary on "Miranda" but I'd love to see Lucifer on the dance floor.

• Love 3
(edited)

His CV doesn't mention that he can sing, so it doesn't list all his skills. And in this article where he's talking about the Lucifer set, he says, "Maybe it wouldn’t be quite as dark in there if I owned it but I certainly love that whiskey collection and a grand piano in my living room would be amazing." It would be a little weird (though not implausible, I suppose) to want a grand piano at home purely as a decorative item.

I tend to think it's not him playing since they haven't shown him playing piano where both his head and hands are in the shot. But he does look really natural in the piano playing scenes, and he tweeted that filming the piano duel with the priest was the most fun he's ever had on a set. So maybe he does play, but not to a professional standard?

Edited by vampdetective
  • Love 2

At least those two worlds (Lucifer and Sleepy Hollow) make sense, in a way. They are both supernatural in theme and style. But the crossover between Bones and Sleepy Hollow was awful! A "real" world and a supernatural one mixing? That did not work for me. I felt like taking a world like Bones where everything is grounded in reality and the FBI and science and suddenly pretending that it fits with a world in which there are zombies and monsters and supernatural elements throws everything in the "real world" of Bones off its axis. Booth and Brennan are not investigators who would just "not notice" monsters. Treating them like clueless ones makes them seem incompetent. 

Unless they have characters who already know one another and that make sense crossing over (like Buffy and Oz and Spike coming into Angel's world, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Angel the series, and vice versa, or characters from Cheers such as Diane or Sam or Lilith coming into Frasier's spin-off show), perhaps TV shows should just stay separate. Quit messing with storylines that don't belong together. It messes with the very fabric of each series and just seems like the networks serving themselves rather than going with what makes sense for each show.

I loved Sleepy Hollow's first season. Then the second season ruined the show for me. Although the third season is much better storywise, I don't feel the chemistry between Ichabod & Abbie anymore, and can't love them as much as I did in the first season. So I don't want Sleepy Hollow crossing over with Lucifer, especially if it means Lucifer moving to Friday.

Although unlikely to happen, I think the best crossover Lucifer could do is with Supernatural. Supernatural has a similar angel mythology going on that they could exploit. But even better, Supernatural has already established a Trickster character who has the ability to send Sam & Dean to alternate realities, including into the worlds of TV shows. There's an episode of Supernatural where Sam & Dean are sent into worlds that are essentially Grey's Anatomy and CSI. And most meta of all, the episode where Sam & Dean are sent into a reality where they discover they are actors on a TV show named Supernatural!

So it would be easy to have Sam & Dean thrust into Lucifer's world. And since Lucifer and Supernatural film on the same studio lot, the logistics of getting the actors together would be easy too.

Though I'm still puzzled as to why Luci isn't all that quick to sense when someone is being less than honest. It's his business to suss out desires and he always seems to know when people are holding back...

He said that the more complex someone is, the more challenging it is to draw out their desire. Maybe it's the same with honesty -- he can sense simple lies easily, but sometimes people on some level start to believe the lies they're telling, which could make them harder to read.

Now, as much as I like Lucifer, I don't hope that they plan to let him go down that path. I don't really want him to become a Savior. Unintentionally, maybe. You know, if he were sort of a catalyst, let's say for Chloe and Dan to fix their marriage and get back together. Doing good while being the bad boy he is. That I would like. But everything else I feel would change his personality far too much and it's his personality which I love and why I watch the show.

That's what I meant when I suggested God may be sending Lucifer down the same path as Jesus. The outcome wouldn't be the same because Lucifer is a completely different personality. Instead, by living among humans, Lucifer has the opportunity to learn and grow and change. Angels, by comparison, seem to have static lives -- whatever job/duty they have, is theirs for eternity and their personalities and outlook on existence, etc. doesn't change over time. Part of God's plan could be for Lucifer to reach a point where he would sacrifice his life to save a human like Chloe; I don't see God intending for Lucifer to become the Savior of all mankind.

It would be difficult to write, but I think most cases of the week should be like "Et Tu, Doctor" where Lucifer solving the crime or saving anyone is just a coincidental byproduct of some other agenda he has going. It would be a major way of distinguishing the procedural aspects of Lucifer from all the other procedurals out there.

There's another, smaller way that the show already distinguishes itself from most procedurals. On other shows, a case will mirror something in the personal lives of the characters, causing the characters at the end to have some new insight. With Lucifer, he usually (outwardly, at least) completely denies that any insight has come out of his experience on a case, e.g. No, he's not jealous at all. No, his situation is totally not like Junior with his Pops, etc.

• Love 2

Random thought, that finally beat itself into my head almost two weeks after I first watched the episode.

In one conversation with Father Frank, Lucifer mentions that he doesn't bother talking to his Father anymore because he believes his Father stopped listening long ago.  Then, at the end of the episode, though he's hurt and angry ... he's talking to God.

• Love 2

I tend to think it's not him playing since they haven't shown him playing piano where both his head and hands are in the shot. 

They did very briefly when he sang Sinnerman - just before the "I ran to the devil" verse.

• Love 1

His performance of Sinnerman made me think he knew how to play. They filmed that entire sequence beautifully. 

(Though I will say episodes that followed seemed to avoid showing his hands and the piano and the rest of him in all the same shot, like the piano scene with the priest, which made me wonder if maybe he doesn't know how to play. Or only knows how to play a little.)

Whether he plays or not, I was really wow'ed by his voice on Sinnerman. I think FOX should put that out on iTunes.  

• Love 2
(edited)

If they could move both shows to another day I'd be on board but Friday is generally considered a bad night for TV, SH deserved better than to be moved there, and Lucifer is too new for that move. But I'm down for both on the same night and/or a crossover!

Although unlikely to happen, I think the best crossover Lucifer could do is with Supernatural. Supernatural has a similar angel mythology going on that they could exploit. But even better, Supernatural has already established a Trickster character who has the ability to send Sam & Dean to alternate realities, including into the worlds of TV shows. There's an episode of Supernatural where Sam & Dean are sent into worlds that are essentially Grey's Anatomy and CSI. And most meta of all, the episode where Sam & Dean are sent into a reality where they discover they are actors on a TV show named Supernatural!

According to his CV, he plays the drums and the French horn. "Strong dancing ability" is also listed as one of his skills. He danced a bit as Gary on "Miranda" but I'd love to see Lucifer on the dance floor.

So here's my dream Lucifer show crossover: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! Dementedly inspired by the painkillers I'm currently taking — or just plain inspired? What might Lucifer make of West Covina? Acres and acres of smog, freeway traffic, strip malls and office parks — they must have all of that in hell, right? I'm thinking original songs, clever lyrics in a Cole Porter/Gershwin mood, a little dancing, some Lucifer-style truth-telling and advice for the man-children, and who wouldn't want to see Rachel, Chloe, and Maze tie one on together? — those girls all need some more friends, and Chloe really needs to loosen up. Plus Tovah Feldshuh might finally get some, and who better than with a direct connection to the Almighty. Maybe Amenadude? [Yes, I know, different network, blah blah, who cares, it would be fun.]

Edited by Margherita Erdman

Though I will say episodes that followed seemed to avoid showing his hands and the piano and the rest of him in all the same shot, like the piano scene with the priest, which made me wonder if maybe he doesn't know how to play. Or only knows how to play a little.

Or it could be a way to make production easier, instead of having your lead tied up filming multiple takes playing the song you have him mime at the piano with his hands hidden, get him off to do another scene and bring in the professional to do the inset shots.

(edited)

While I love the piano playing, I hope Lucifer sings another song before the season is over. If the actor sings, AND the character sings, then look for opportunities for him to sing! It works for Scott Bakula on NCIS:NOLA (and Quantum Leap).

Edited by vampdetective