Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Sybil and Ron

I'm pretty sure that the bottled water company would have been fine with their name being blurred out. Nothing like having your product associated with bottled urine..

• Love 6

I think they have. Oh and was Sybil drinking out of a bubble bath bottle???

It sure looked like a cleaner of some kind, but it was actually Biotene (sp?) which helps with dry mouth.

I agree about the clearly shown label on all those bottles of urine.   It actually seems to be a popular receptacle, cause there was another hoarder that used them too.

• Love 1

It sure looked like a cleaner of some kind, but it was actually Biotene (sp?) which helps with dry mouth.

I agree about the clearly shown label on all those bottles of urine.   It actually seems to be a popular receptacle, cause there was another hoarder that used them too.

That brand of bottled water has shown up many many times on different Hoarding shows.  It comes from Big Lots and is often on sale, so that's probably why it's the Hoarder's Choice.  Maybe they could start a new product line!

I recognized the Biotene bottle right away - I use a lot of their products.  It's expensive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Poor Sybil. She was so far gone. Even after the cleanout her house looked like it smelled musty and damp, and still looked dirty. shudder.

Ron was a character. I didn't feel like he was a hoarder so much as overwhelmed with all the minutiae. The most entertaining part was the war between his friend and his sister. What the hell was going on there? Sheathe the claws, ladies, and deal with the matter at hand!

• Love 2

the one sister realized Sissy was mentally ill because of the urine collection and not because her sister lived with mice and never took her garbage out and slept outside with the cats. I think it was fairly obvious YEARS before the hoarders crew showed up,

so are they hoarding their urine? what goes thru the mind when storing urine?

• Love 2

Well, they hate to throw anything away! Seriously, there have been others who've hoarded their waste. She probably couldn't figure out how to dispose of it, one thing led to another, and now she's in this predicament. I can't imagine how embarrassing that would be.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure that the bottled water company would have been fine with their name being blurred out. Nothing like having your product associated with bottled urine..

I think there was another hoarder that did this. It was this show or the other one. Hoarders: Buried alive

My guess is that they have no working plumbing in most cases (the BSOJ said as much at the end) and they have to have some place to put it, so they pee somewhere into something and dump it into bottles (since that's harder for ladies to do than men, who could probably pee directly into the bottle).  Then the issue becomes disposal.  Meanwhile, body functions don't stop, so the bottles start to pile up.  After just a few days, I'd imagine it's probably easier to pretend they're not there than deal with reality.

• Love 1

Sybil was resourceful with storing her urine, but where was she hiding all her poop?

I don't want to know.....maybe she uses public restrooms or showers?  She has to shower somewhere too.

Sybil was resourceful with storing her urine, but where was she hiding all her poop?

In Ziploc bags somewhere that they haven't yet looked?

I'm trying to figure how the mice got into the refrigerator.  She must have left the door open.

Think about this the next time you order vitamins on eBay!

Hoarding shows have pretty much put me off any ebay buying.  Especially seeing what goes into "sell" piles.

• Love 2

This weekend we had a plumbing issue at our house with the sewer line.  Fortunately, we were able to have someone come in and fix it right away because they could walk through our house, the bathrooms were clean and accessible, etc. Without the plumber, we had no running water and no way to flush the toilet or take a shower.

I told my husband -- I can't imagine being in the situation where a plumber couldn't come into our house, and the domino effect.  I think the worst thing that happens to these hoarders is the loss of plumbing.  

• Love 6

So what was up with Ron's "son"? A grown person freaked the fuck out completely irrationally over a single caged snake to the point where he had to immediately run to his car and drive away without even being able to discuss it or anything. He never even returns to help clean and it was just kinda glossed over and forgotten about about for the rest of the episode. That's just really weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

In Ziploc bags somewhere that they haven't yet looked?

I'm trying to figure how the mice got into the refrigerator.  She must have left the door open.

Hoarding shows have pretty much put me off any ebay buying.  Especially seeing what goes into "sell" piles.

Hoarding show have totally put me off  potlucks.Esp after some of the hoarders living in godawful conditions saying how they like to to bring cookies/cakes etc to work

• Love 2

Hoarding show have totally put me off potlucks.Esp after some of the hoarders living in godawful conditions saying how they like to to bring cookies/cakes etc to work

I taught GED back in the day, in a sketchy area of town. Sometimes, I wd bake brownies or cookies for the adults just because these were the days before Internet, cell phones, and cable tv, so I was bored. Students wd also bring in food once in a while. Another teacher warned me abt not eating certain students' food cuz once she saw a cockroach crawl out of a cake. Never again. I told them i wd save it for later.......to throw away.
  • Love 3
So what was up with Ron's "son"? A grown person freaked the fuck out completely irrationally over a single caged snake to the point where he had to immediately run to his car and drive away without even being able to discuss it or anything. He never even returns to help clean and it was just kinda glossed over and forgotten about about for the rest of the episode. That's just really weird.

Being generous here, I assume that the son must be phobic about snakes.  It seemed more than the average "skeeved out by reptiles" response.  I have a friend who won't even say the word "snake".  It's the "S" word for her. She certainly wouldn't be able to be in the same room as a snake, caged or not.

• Love 1

Yes, I thought that was a bit much, too.  Surely he knew when he went back there that it was the room where the snakes and other creatures were kept?  Did Ron lure him to the back by promising lollipops and girly mags, only to ambush him with a caged snake, and that's why the "son" got so angry and nearly killed innocent people on the road while screeching insanely out of the parking lot, never to be seen again?  It said at the end he was still "struggling" (???) and has not spoken to Ron since the cleanup.  I mean, I have a thing about spiders, they make me lose my ever loving mind, so I get irrational phobias, but good grief, man, get a grip.

I wonder, when they showed the pictures of Ron and his wife from happier days...how did he manage to lock that down?  She was quite beautiful, and certainly came across as a sane and normal person in the few minutes she was shown.  What was it about Ron that she decided was marriage material?  He just seemed so icky to me, all hoarding aside.

I felt really badly for Sybil.  She wasn't mean, and she wanted help.  She was humiliated, and once it was decided that all the contents in her home would just be shoveled out for the dumpsters, I can completely understand why she wanted to go lay down with her cat friends and feel sad.  When she kept saying what's the point of me watching everything I own get thrown away, I didn't think Dr. Green was very convincing when all she could come up with was "It's the process".  On a funny note, Sybil had nice skin, and her face didn't look as "old lady" as the rest of her did, so my brain kept imagining her as Estelle Getty playing Sophia on The Golden Girls.  I hope very much that she sleeps in her nice, new bed, with her cats, and never gets out of control like that again.

I also felt bad for the mouse that was pitched out into the yard like a flying missile.  It's not the mouse's fault that it lived there, you could be a little more gentle, fuckface.  GRRRR.

• Love 7

Yes, I thought that was a bit much, too.  Surely he knew when he went back there that it was the room where the snakes and other creatures were kept?  

The nope-nope-nope Pee-Wee Herman-esque reaction to the snakes confused me as well.  Weren't there pictures of Ron with reptiles in the pre-hoarder-intervention montage?  

I was shocked that Sybil was even allowed to go back into her house. To me, it seemed like there was something seriously wrong with her mentally. Did you notice her speech? I couldn't tell if it was some type of accent or impediment, but in any case, she sounded very childlike and she also had those wide vacant eyes. I also picked up on the disconnect between her oddly unlined porcelain complexion in contrast with the crazy gray old-lady perm. Storing gallons of your own urine is crazy-pants no matter what and letting that mice infestation get out of hand.

At the very least, Dr. Green should have had the family agree to send Sybil off for some type of extensive mental health evaluation.

I was also wondering how they got rid of some many mice that quickly. I think it would have taken many day or weeks to completely get rid of them, not to mention completely clean and disinfect that awful house.

This is one where I say "lock 'em up and burn it." So sad.

• Love 2

I was also wondering how they got rid of some many mice that quickly. I think it would have taken many day or weeks to completely get rid of them, not to mention completely clean and disinfect that awful house.

Maybe they use the same elastic timeline of other reality shows.  On this show, and Hoarding, at the end of day 2 not much is done, and then in the next scene it has become livable again.

I just don't get the hoarding shows.  People put themselves, often children, and as far as vermin, the neighbors in jeopardy.

Would they go up to a drunk and ask nicely for the car keys, but says it was the drunk's choice? 

I was also wondering how they got rid of some many mice that quickly. I think it would have taken many day or weeks to completely get rid of them...

Well, the epilogue only said that she reported seeing no NEW mice. Didn't say anything about the previous mice families. Heh.

• Love 3

My resident feline was too lazy to get rid of three mice that somehow made their way into my second-floor apartment a few years ago. (We live in a wooded area.) All she did was corner one and play with it. LOL!  I can't imagine four cats and over 1,500 mice! That made my skin crawl. The cats were probably happier outdoors.

• Love 2

Well, the epilogue only said that she reported seeing no NEW mice. Didn't say anything about the previous mice families. Heh.

My thoughts too. Maybe she befriended some of the previous mice to the point that she cd recognize them, or even named them like in Cinderella.

I used to think mice were cute until I got a few in the house, several years ago, and always in November. Good old fashioned mousetraps worked the best. We wd go to bed, lights out, about 10 pm. At 10:30, invariably, the traps wd snap. After a couple of days, they were no more. The past 2 years, we haven't seen any mice, although that cd be due to our dog noticing a snake under the porch in the summer. Which is worse?

• Love 2

Snakes is worse!  The Florida Everglades have been the unwilling hoarders of Burmese Pythons introduced by collectors like Ron.   A  few weeks ago they had a two day challenge to catch some of them and hunters caught 105.  Shudder.

I don't want to know.....maybe she uses public restrooms or showers?  She has to shower somewhere too.

Yeah, she looked very neat and tidy in her appearance. I too think there was something off with Sybil mentally, too. Then again, I can never get my head around the mounds of filth type of hoarders.

Those cats were, like, "1500 + mice? Unh-uh! Not in our job description! Not even if we could get inside the house." ;-)

Ron and his rodent teeth annoyed me. Yeah, how did he snag a pretty girl like his wife?

• Love 1