Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Scope

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

The NCIS team re-examines an ambush on a group of Special Ops snipers in Iraq after an American couple is attacked in the same area six months later. When Gibbs discovers he needs the account of the lone survivor, Marine Gunnery Sergeant Aaron Davis, he tries to connect with the wounded warrior who is being treated for PTSD at Walter Reed Medical Center.

Seeing Mark Harmon onscreen while listening to "Hallelujah" had me expecting to see CJ Cregg sobbing on a D.C. bench.

I had the same thought.

MH and TD both knocked it out of the park tonight. I thought this was a great episode overall. 

• Love 6

Getting to look at Taye Diggs is always a good thing but hearing him sing as well is a double bonus.

This!

Seeing Mark Harmon onscreen while listening to "Hallelujah" had me expecting to see CJ Cregg sobbing on a D.C. bench.

Seeing Gibbs lay down on their bed made me tear up.

I loved seeing the men all ride off on their bikes; especially Ducky with Palmer in the sidecar.

• Love 7

I was a total mess after this episode. Can we have Tay Diggs and the actress who played his daughter come back again? They were both so good.

The guys on their motorcycles was nice to see, as was McGee looking at engagement rings.

Now I'm watching TD singing again and back to crying. His voice is amazing. No wait, the crying has stopped after looking at the primary results and has turned into disgust.

• Love 3

Loved this episode--it had a season-finale feel to me.  But I see it is not....  My allergies were really bad at the end. 

I feel like we will see the Taye Diggs character again, as well as his daughter.

Ever since Sex, Lies, and Videotape it's hard for me to see Laura San Giacomo any other way but I guess I will need to get over it. 

• Love 1

Its espisodes like this one that really makes me appreciate Mark Harmon.  A character like Gibbs that so easily could be played over the top is played so subtlety by MH.  All his little nuances and use of those eyes allows us to see the humanity in Gibbs.

So we made to to espisode 300...I would guess the rest of the season will be building up to Michael Weatherly/Tony DiNozzo's departure and the introduction of the new characters.

• Love 4

I really liked the episode.

A question regarding  the daughter's (who I loved as a character) screen time, and the repeated examples that showed how much of a "detail person" she was.

Were they more than was needed for the story, and could this be a setup for future appearances?

I want the daughter and Emily Fornell to hang out and solve crime together.

I really liked this episode. I always like when the delve into Gibbs' past in the military and his sniper background. I loved the lowering of his head after he took the final shot. MH is great for subtle moments.

• Love 8

Now there's a spinoff I can get behind.

Beautifully acted episode. Appreciated it's slower pace. One thing bugged though. Gibbs had 3 wives after Shannon. Where the hell did they sleep?

• Love 5

Yes, I wondered about the sleeping arrangements of Gibbs' prior marriages too - maybe there's the true reason for all those divorces? And not to diminish the awesomeness that is sniper Gibbs but I think the FBI and whoever else was alerted about what was going on on that airfield might have insisted on a younger sniper to take Gibbs' place (and did he stay for three days in his sniper's nest?)

Minor quibbles aside it was a beautiful episode very well written and acted and I hope we get to see more of Gunnery Sergeant Davis and his daughter.

• Love 1

Yeah, they've not kept track of where Gibbs slept over the years. I know I've seen him in that bed and the season with JLC coming down the stairs implied that he'd slept with her in it! I think they tried to explain that everytime Gibbs remarried they lived in a different house so that one would be empty until he divorced them. Who knows, I think  they're forgetting their backstories.

• Love 1

I fanwanked that there are multiple bedrooms in that house, and he probably just set up a bed in one of those, but a different house altogether would work as well! Have we ever been given any sort of indication that this happens?

• Love 2

I really loved the episode. Am gonna rewatch it.  No lie, I started bawling once Taye started singing.  And I also loved the REAL flashbacks to Gibbs' past, that were interpersed in the episode.  Hello, Hiatus!

I think, that with one of his ex-wives, the last one, they were living in France. Or was it Russia?  And maybe they had sex in that bed, but I don't think Gibbs has been able to actually sleep in the bed he also shared with Shannon. OR, that he and witch Wife Diane and whatever the first one's name was, used a different room, and that this one was "off limits."  I almost expected to see Shannon and Kelly again near the end, there.

#nailedit

Its espisodes like this one that really makes me appreciate Mark Harmon.  A character like Gibbs that so easily could be played over the top is played so subtlety by MH.  All his little nuances and use of those eyes allows us to see the humanity in Gibbs.

YES. Man he does more acting with his eyes than 75% of the rest of actors on TV.

YES PLEASE!

I fanwanked that there are multiple bedrooms in that house, and he probably just set up a bed in one of those, but a different house altogether would work as well! Have we ever been given any sort of indication that this happens?

that's what I figured, too. Also, I'm guessing the shower was upstairs, so guests would have to go upstairs.

Was glad to see others questioning the 'off limits' master bedroom. I mean, the man was married three more times after Shannon, and he slept with countless other women in between. He certainly didn't sleep on the sofa that whole time!

That said, I thought this was a wonderful episode. Very well acted all around, especially by MH, Taye Diggs and the girl who played the daughter.

• Love 2

Can we have Tay Diggs and the actress who played his daughter come back again?

When his character said "I need to find out who I am now" (paraphrasing) I paused the DVR and posited to Mr. DangerGirl that he would be DiNozzo's replacement.  Not sure if that's possible IRL (training, blah blah fishcakes) but surely it's possible in TV Land.  And TD has done TV if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 1

My LAME two cents:

This was a wonderful episode.  

Mark Harmon was wonderful.

The guys taking off on motorcycles at the end was wonderful.

McSWEETHEART looking at engagement rings was wonderful.

I also wish to see Taye Giggs and Samantha Logan (Riley) again.  And Giggs does have a great voice.

I had the privilege to see/HEAR Jon Bon Jovi sing Hallelujah A cappella a couple of years ago.  I will never forget it EVER.

I also had the privilege to see the Music Corp. at the Grand Ole Opry last year.  It was a great show with Vince Gill, Trace Adkins, Lee Greenwood and Kellie Picker.

I'm going to miss Tony.

• Love 4

Where were Gibbs' wife and daughter living when they were murdered?  I remember a recent episode (w/in the last year I think) where he went to a house in California and stood outside and looked at it.  In the front yard was a bird bath or some type of yard art with his daughter's hand print in it.  Am I imagining this?  If they were in California, then they never lived in the Washington house.  Perhaps I'm just totally confused.  

• Love 1

Where were Gibbs' wife and daughter living when they were murdered?  I remember a recent episode (w/in the last year I think) where he went to a house in California and stood outside and looked at it.  In the front yard was a bird bath or some type of yard art with his daughter's hand print in it.  Am I imagining this?  If they were in California, then they never lived in the Washington house.  Perhaps I'm just totally confused.  

you make an excellent point. i have no memory on where they lived when. Gibbs *did say "our room," right, to Taye? Not "our bed?"

• Love 1

I always assumed they bought the current house when they were stationed in the DC area.  They were transferred to Pendleton where Gbbs was quickly deployed and ultimately Shannon and Kelly were killed.  Maybe the rented out the DC house while they were out west or kept it because Shannon's mother bought it for them.But that house was always home base for them.  He was obviously stationed at a west coast NIS office for a while too because that is where he met Leon.

• Love 3

Two thumbs up on [the Emily Fornell/Riley Davis solving crimes show]!

Co-signed! CBS, make this happen!

When his character said "I need to find out who I am now" (paraphrasing) I paused the DVR and posited to Mr. DangerGirl that he would be DiNozzo's replacement.  Not sure if that's possible IRL (training, blah blah fishcakes) but surely it's possible in TV Land.  And TD has done TV if I'm not mistaken.

Taye Diggs has done a number of starring (Private Practice, Murder in the First, Kevin Hill) roles as well as some supporting/guest ones (Good Wife, Will and Grace, and a few episodes as a Secret Service Agent on West Wing).

Edited by St. Claire

Loved this episode.

I've been a little confused about the Gibbs house myself.  It makes sense that he lived elsewhere when he was married to his exes, but I think Diane said a few things about hating that house (didn't she?) but she could have hated it without actually living in it.  But in the episode where Kelly's childhood friend came to him for help, he dug up that "treasure box" the two girls had buried and put the photo of them in it and reburied it.  At his current house.  But Kelly's handprint also was on the birdbath at the house in CA.  It was implied that the childhood friend had been friends with Kelly at the time she was killed, which means that they lived in the current house when Shannon and Kelly were killed.  Very confusing. 

I'm also getting a little tired of horndog!Tony overcompensating for his angst at the breakup with Zoe and Jeanne Benoit weaving in and out of his life lately.  If they had kept it as empty bragging at the office, with him going home to a lonely apartment, that would be fine, it would add another layer of complexity to the character.  But instead, in the last episode, they emphasized what a "player" Tony is with his little set-dressing of turning the picture frame to show him with a cat after ascertaining that his date was a cat-person.

Unless this is all building up to a conclusion that Tony has been a consummate con-man this entire time.  That would be awesome.

There's a master bedroom that is able to be removed and re-installed magically... like the basement boats.

• Love 4

Military families often have a "home base," to come home to after moving around to their soldier's various assignments. We returned to ours (though we did not actually own a home there, as some families do) after my father retired.

• Love 1