Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Um, yikes. I would have hoped they would leave a bodily function accident off of national tv. Something like that has the potential to follow the girl around for years and years. Imagine being the "pee girl." I feel terrible for her. Yes, I know the auditioning girls sign releases, essentially signing their rights away, but CMT could have taken the high road and decided not to air it. I'm sure it was bad enough being humiliated at finals. Now to be humiliated on national television.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Hmmm from that Olympic moments clip, looks like Lacey has 'blossomed' this summer. 

Wow, yea Lacey definitely has the "refund gap" going on now.  Yikes.

Also, Amy T went way too heavy with the Botox this time around.  Her face is so frozen and she can't even make normal talking expressions. 

• Love 3

Have a few moments, in between kitten bottle feedings, thought I'd add...

I have a huge problem with the hypocrisy. To quote either J or K, "When someone serves you a tuna fish sandwich, you eat a tuna fish sandwich." Also, K sitting in her office telling Ashley Pro she too is perceived to be a certain way and, having Megan F read passages aloud, during training camp, from a book about Jackie O.  To then make fun of Colby on National TV?? Definitely hypocritical and very mean girl. 

Thing is, they have a fan vote. What did they think was going to happen? The best, most technical dancer isn't going to win fan vote. It's the prettiest and/or most popular girl that's going to win. Colby won, like it or not. And again I never thought she'd be a DCC however, she won. That should be respected if only for the fans that voted for her. How many was it and how many were turned off from the show seeing Kelli's obv dislike and mocking of her? How many viewers did they lose? I get that Kelli has to be firm, that her time is valuable, but it's a Fan Vote. There's also grace, one can be firm with grace. Personally, I think Kelli should pen an apology note (I know Ha Ha) to Colby for her loathing and snide comment's. Kellis disliked many girls in the past, never has it been so blatantly obvious. It's never too late for an apology. Thinking Audrey Hepburn AND Jackie O would agree with me there. ;)

Adding, I like Amy S. and could care less she cracked a bit on TV. Not everyone is exposed to the public as many of the girls auditioning. I'm referring to pagents, modeling etc. I believe Kelli said at last years first TC mtg, that everyone in the room had a title or a crown, thus more public exposure and experience. Plus, I adore seeing a woman in a mans field, aka "Auto Amy." I hope she makes the team (?) she's now trying for. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
Wording
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Also, Amy T went way too heavy with the Botox this time around.  Her face is so frozen and she can't even make normal talking expressions. 

I am so bad at telling if someone has had work done.. 

I thought Lacey was just wearing an amazing push up bra.

And how can you tell that Amy T has had botox? I see her eyebrows moving.. lol. 

45 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Um, yikes. I would have hoped they would leave a bodily function accident off of national tv. Something like that has the potential to follow the girl around for years and years. Imagine being the "pee girl." I feel terrible for her. Yes, I know the auditioning girls sign releases, essentially signing their rights away, but CMT could have taken the high road and decided not to air it. I'm sure it was bad enough being humiliated at finals. Now to be humiliated on national television.

I don't think they show the girl do they? 

I feel bad for the guy that had to wipe it up, essentially with his hands. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Oh wow, I thought Amy T was so pretty last year but she is really making strange expressions when she spoke.  If Lacey got a boob job she definitely should have gotten a nose job first.

• Love 1

Lol - I agree about the Botox on Amy T.  Goodness.   I guess I'm way overdue for Botox when women who are 20 years younger then me are getting it and I have none, huh? ;).

It's so bad how they have the names wrong on those videos - really funny, but still bad.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Lol - I agree about the Botox on Amy T.  Goodness.   I guess I'm way overdue for Botox when women who 20 years younger then me are getting it and I have none, huh? ;).

It's so bad how they have the names wrong on those videos - really funny, but still bad.

The names of the video was really suprising.  I always think Amt T and Kat looked quite a bit similar.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I haven't seen the clip, so that's my bad for assuming they showed her. However I still think they should have just left that off altogether. No one needed to see that for the sake of whoever the girl was.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

No, they didn't show which girl.  There is a kicking montage and then they mention that someone peed.  I tried to post the video but too big.

I freaking love love LOVE both Holly and Madeline. Young gals, kicking booty, doin' their thing in Show Group. I really hope they stick around for years to come. That's what the team needs. Longevity! 

I grew up in Dallas and absolutely looked up to the DCC as a little girl. My Dad took me to games, all the fan events, and DCC appearances. Seeing familiar DCC faces year after year was HUGE. It made me feel so special to recognize them. "Hey! I know her!! I met her at ________!" I would get so sad when I didn't see my favorites again after they retired! 

Showing my age, but here I am in '93! Yup, I am in my 30s now and still a total fangirl. So excited for this season!!!

1, 2, 3, D, C, C!!!!

10575963_276587975878105_1984255787_n.jpg

Edited by dizzystar
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

I freaking love love LOVE both Holly and Madeline. Young gals, kicking booty, doin' their thing in Show Group. I really hope they stick around for years to come. That's what the team needs. Longevity! 

I grew up in Dallas and absolutely looked up to the DCC as a little girl. My Dad took me to games, all the fan events, and DCC appearances. Seeing familiar DCC faces year after year was HUGE. It made me feel so special to recognize them. "Hey! I know her!! I met her at ________!" I would get so sad when I didn't see my favorites again after they retired! 

Showing my age, but here I am in '93! Yup, I am in my 30s now and still a total fangirl. So excited for this season!!!

1, 2, 3, D, C, C!!!!

This is awesome!! Thank you for sharing it, you were a little cutie and I can just imagine how star struck you felt being that little girl with that famous beautiful role model!! Awesome memory and picture to have!

3 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Anybody know what song that is they're dancing to?  LOVE the dance!

No I don't know- but I love it too! I love how it's fresh and current and DARES to break the mold of moving in unison for an entire song. The fans at games and here have been very patient with the same mix of the same moves being shuffled around every year. This choreography is fun to watch and I hope we see more!!

Edited by GingerJ
Spelling
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I agree it doesn't need to be shown.  It 's bad enough they showed poor Sheridan leaving the kickline to throw up in season 10.  Someone here called her puke girl.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, dizzystar said:

1, 2, 3, D, C, C!!!!

Whose the DCC?

19 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

i feel so bad for the girl who peed. Omg. So bad. Love Candace Romo for being empathetic.

Candace looked like she had a lot of work done herself - goodness these young women getting their face shot up w/ fillers and stuff at such young ages.   Is that a Dallas thing?

• Love 2

Nope not a Dallas thing. When I was 25 I was advised to start getting botox at 28! I don't have wrinkles! I know girls that have done it at 22. I live in the crazytown aka LA and work in the ent. industry (business side) so that could be part of it. Highly doubt the 22 year olds in Spokane are out botoxing.

Edited by pink317
Clarifying a point
On August 19, 2016 at 9:52 AM, PrincessLeia said:

This is so true. I'm going to be blunt. Fat  people who have an unhealthy BMI like to refer to themselves as curvy. No. You are fat. I'm curvy. I'm a DD, tiny waist, booty, hips from childbearing, but I'm a size 6. I'm healthy. Big diff.

Same. I'm 5'7, C cup, big booty and hips, and small waist, also a 6. Curvy as well. My sister wears an 18 and calls herself curvy. Not sure where you draw the curvy line.

On August 20, 2016 at 4:34 PM, ShellyB said:

Just giving all and any that want to know, a chance to come straight to the source. There have been plenty of posts that were lovely and supportive of many of the girls over the years. It's the few unecessarily hurtful ones are questioned. Maybe my "lumping together" is because I didn't feel the need to call anyone out by name, I only stated there were two that were slightly accurate. Most are without face. I've only seen a handful with a real name and picture. 

Out of the gazillion things posted, I mentioned the few things that stood out as hot topics, i.e. rehearsals, weight/body types and abilities. Being on tv, doesn't shield DCC from criticism...it comes with the territory. But for every critic, there are 10x the amount of supporters. The reasoning for our Fan Votes is because of the show. We DO recognize that fans want to know more, be involved, etc. and look for opportunities to have them participate...thank you for love. 

For those that are offended that  a staff member would respond, it was done with collective thought. We love legit conversation...so if you wanna know, just ask. 

I have a name and picture. I have also always been positive in my comments. In fact, going so far as to say my stroke wish was to meet the DCC and attend a game. Anyhow, I've been a Cowboys and DCC fan since I was 7, and I did not like how we were dismissed and treated like we should be dancing thunderstruck or posting selfies for our bodies to be evaluated. I'm not trying out for DCC, but I've been through four months of rehab so I could go back to work after my stroke. I also have two left feet, which is why I love living vicariously through the DCC. I legitimately root for these women to make it. I feel connections with some, and maybe you might think that's dumb, but it makes me feel like I know them a bit. Especially if I've met them, and I have 2 or 3. Anyway, I'm a nice person, and I would never talk ugly about them. I'm proud of what they do.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Nope not a Dallas thing. When I was 25 I was advised to start getting botox at 28! I don't have wrinkles! I know girls that have done it at 22. I live in the crazytown aka LA and work in the ent. industry (business side) so that could be part of it. Highly doubt the 22 year olds in Spokane are out botoxing.

Would that be Spokane, WA you're talking about?  As for Botoxing, yes there are likely some who are already are doing that.  Advertising it? Not likely for most of them.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I wish Kat was around to say her favorite Olympic moment was actually being an Olympian! *mic drop*

I'm pretty sure she didn't actually compete in the Olympics. These are the national teams back to 2001 and I couldn't find her. Unless Kat Rogers is a stage name--there are a couple Ekaterinas--or she competed for another country.

https://usagym.org/pages/rhythmic/history/past_nat_teams_sr.html

https://usagym.org/pages/rhythmic/history/past_nat_teams_jr.html

23 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I'm pretty sure she didn't actually compete in the Olympics. These are the national teams back to 2001 and I couldn't find her. Unless Kat Rogers is a stage name--there are a couple Ekaterinas--or she competed for another country.

https://usagym.org/pages/rhythmic/history/past_nat_teams_sr.html

https://usagym.org/pages/rhythmic/history/past_nat_teams_jr.html

I think she said she was a Jr. Olympian. This is very old school, but http://www.angelfire.com/wa/RhythmicWorld/rogers.html

Not exactly Gabby Douglas, but still pretty accomplished and a Jr. Olympic competitor.

Ok here's another Kat Olympics*article. http://www.chron.com/news/article/Teen-lands-spot-on-gymnast-U-S-national-team-2116331.php

*eta National team isn't the same as Olympic but basically on the same skill level

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think she said she was a Jr. Olympian. This is very old school, but http://www.angelfire.com/wa/RhythmicWorld/rogers.html

Not exactly Gabby Douglas, but still pretty accomplished and a Jr. Olympic competitor.

Ok here's another Kat Olympics article. http://www.chron.com/news/article/Teen-lands-spot-on-gymnast-U-S-national-team-2116331.php

Ok - that second article is funny since she says she was "noodley."  So I just she was accustomed to hearing that critique before training camp.  I don't think she went to the actual Olympics.  The article only discusses nationals.

Kat's accomplishments are incredibly impressive. The USA is actually pretty weak when it comes to rhythmic gymnastics, compared to other countries, like Russia. 

She was a junior Olympian and on the national team. The training is pretty similar if not identical to Olympic training. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I have a name and picture. I have also always been positive in my comments. In fact, going so far as to say my stroke wish was to meet the DCC and attend a game. Anyhow, I've been a Cowboys and DCC fan since I was 7, and I did not like how we were dismissed and treated like we should be dancing thunderstruck or posting selfies for our bodies to be evaluated. I'm not trying out for DCC, but I've been through four months of rehab so I could go back to work after my stroke. I also have two left feet, which is why I love living vicariously through the DCC. I legitimately root for these women to make it. I feel connections with some, and maybe you might think that's dumb, but it makes me feel like I know them a bit. Especially if I've met them, and I have 2 or 3. Anyway, I'm a nice person, and I would never talk ugly about them. I'm proud of what they do.

Thanks for your support, that goes a long way. We always hope to make connections with fans, otherwise our appearances would be pointless. Clearly you were not among the posts I mentioned. ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Annette said:

Why now?  After so many seasons....why now? Is it because we notice Amy's body hidden behind Jenna's in the team photo?  Is Megan wearing the only loose top in Showgroup not noticeable? Jerrah's desire to court Asian investors & giving Yuko the ultimate break? Why now?

Suddenly appearing says EVERYTHING. Come on forum....what don't they want discussed & why? Have we struck a proverbial nerve? Sure seems so.

If I'm remembering correctly, a few weeks ago some people said some not-so-nice things specifically about Shelly during her 1996 auditions in the media thread. I'd imagine that feels insulting and draws someone to the board. Surely, the comments were made in jest without consideration that she'd ever see them, but they probably sting for someone who tries to stay behind the scenes.

Edited by KellyAnn3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm not sure why people think Holly isn't on the team for the right reasons? She's obviously talented enough to almost go anywhere. Maybe she has always wanted to be a pro cheerleader. Isn't that everyone else's "dream" on the team also? Good for her!

When Holly got on the team I wasn't sure she would be right for it.

She seemed more of a soloist than a team dancer, also she had won amazing dance scholarships and been on So You Think You Can Dance and it seemed a bit like a step down and that she could do better.. BUT I am a Brit and in the UK I would say 99% of the population here have never heard of The Dallas Cowboys, let alone the cheereleaders. 

MTT is televised on a slightly obscure channel and at 2pm on a weekday, hardly a prime time slot.

Plus, I'd only been watching MTT for a year and didn't realise the opportunities for further TV work like DWTS.

Now I've seen how many gazillions of people are watching at the Stadium, let alone on TV, and that the show group get to do TV appearances and have larger solo parts to perform it makes more sense.

This is why I like it when we get to see more clips of the other dancers too. I've never seen Amy T dancing except in the distance on a youtube vid and there are never any real clips of her, but she got a Barbie? .. basically most of the girls are probably stunning dancers but I will never know unless they share clips on Instagram. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, BritFan said:

She seemed more of a soloist than a team dancer, also she had won amazing dance scholarships and been on So You Think You Can Dance and it seemed a bit like a step down and that she could do better.. BUT I am a Brit and in the UK I would say 99% of the population here have never heard of The Dallas Cowboys, let alone the cheereleaders. 

MTT is televised on a slightly obscure channel and at 2pm on a weekday, hardly a prime time slot.

Plus, I'd only been watching MTT for a year and didn't realise the opportunities for further TV work like DWTS.

Now I've seen how many gazillions of people are watching at the Stadium, let alone on TV, and that the show group get to do TV appearances and have larger solo parts to perform it makes more sense.

This is why I like it when we get to see more clips of the other dancers too. I've never seen Amy T dancing except in the distance on a youtube vid and there are never any real clips of her, but she got a Barbie? .. basically most of the girls are probably stunning dancers but I will never know unless they share clips on Instagram. 

I thought the same about Holly last season - she's a showboater, not a team player, isn't trying to mesh with a team, needs to tone up, etc, but she has definitely proved herself in my eyes and makes a great addition to the team. I don't mind a little show boating from a vet. 

How far did she make it on So You Thjnk You Can Dance? 

DWTS - Melissa Rycroft was in there bc she was dumped on the Bachelor and ABC was riding those coat tails. Nothing to do with the DCC if I recall. I detest the Bachelor and think it's the most idiotic premise to find love or someone to marry, so I didn't watch. The whole concept of fighting over a man who is televised making out with other women, etc honestly disgusts me. 

Amy T - she's really good. Brooke Sorenson good. She can move. She has technique but doesn't seem to use a lot of 'studio tricks' like some of the girls who were competitive dancers (Melissa, Erica, Milan - all very good but rely so much on tricks).

• Love 2

I don't remember her making it all the way, maybe to the finals or something, but not to the top 20 or whatever the final group is.  I haven't watched that show in years (no cable), but I wasn't a fan of the show either so . . . 

Fan vote???? You all really think that the true fans-i.e. dance lovers- are voting in the "winner"? Vivian, Colby...look at the "top 3" vote getters!!yikes!!

I think the fan vote isn't a true picture- it is the most votes- ever watch American Idol? Usually the Worst one wins--sorry Viv? not the true favorite/best dancer/ most beautiful-- but a bunch of votes to sabotage- poke fun

5 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I wonder why Jessika switched groups??

I LOVE this picture!! Just love it <3  Beautiful group. That's kind of nice that they kept the 'international' girls in the same group too. I'd think Jinelle would be a great resource for Yuko. 

1 hour ago, BritFan said:

I don't think Amy T got one, it was Amy L (who did a tap dance).  But I agree that until they share clips we usually have to take their word for it LOL  Like Carisa Rose - she never stood out to me on the show but seeing her solos on youtube I was like OK WOW, beautiful dancer! 

I think Holly's in it for the right reasons, she said she wanted to stay to like the 5 year point. She also did say that she wants to become a professional dancer after that so I'm not sure how DCC really looks on a dancer's resume.

11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think Holly's in it for the right reasons, she said she wanted to stay to like the 5 year point. She also did say that she wants to become a professional dancer after that so I'm not sure how DCC really looks on a dancer's resume.

Interesting, I always wondered if she wanted to be a professional dancer in the future. Do you know what she is studying?

I think if she did 5 years she'd definitely be up for point.

27 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I LOVE this picture!! Just love it <3  Beautiful group. That's kind of nice that they kept the 'international' girls in the same group too. I'd think Jinelle would be a great resource for Yuko. 

I don't think Amy T got one, it was Amy L (who did a tap dance).  But I agree that until they share clips we usually have to take their word for it LOL  Like Carisa Rose - she never stood out to me on the show but seeing her solos on youtube I was like OK WOW, beautiful dancer! 

I thought perhaps Amy T got a Barbie because K&J seem to overlook her being slightly bigger when other girls of her size were cut for it.

I loved Amy L's tap routine! I'd have loved to see the second part of it too.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BritFan said:

Interesting, I always wondered if she wanted to be a professional dancer in the future. Do you know what she is studying?

I think if she did 5 years she'd definitely be up for point.

I'm not sure, I know Raylee is studying drama. I think you can study dance at SMU so I say that's prob her major.

Unrelated, but the mention of Raylee reminded me .. but I asked some friends and family who they liked best in the Swimsuit edition of Star magazine and Raylee came out top!

Other faves were Amy L and Bess. 

These were people who know nothing about the girls and were based purely on the shots in the magazine, but I thought that was quite interesting.

**Last years favourites were Holly A, Jacie, Kinzie and Ashley Nicole.

***Those are the only two editions I have so that was as far as my research took me!!!

Edited by BritFan
Misspelling due to chubby fingers hitting the wrong keys.
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I wonder why Jessika switched groups??

Jessika has always been in Danielle's group but switched to Jennas for the first game due to Yuko being out for the game. If you check back to the night the groups were originally announced she was in Danielle's group. I am not sure if it is permanent, Shelly I am sure could shed more light on that matter.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Unrelated, but the mention of Raylee reminded me .. but I asked some friends and family who they liked best in the Swimsuit edition of Star magazine and Raylee came out top!

Other faves were Amy L and Bess. 

These were people who know nothing about the girls and were based purely on the shots in the magazine, but I thought that was quite interesting.

**Last years favourites were Holly A, Jacie, Kinzie and Ashley Nicole.

***Those are the only two editions I have so that was as far as my research took me!!!

Raylee is SO photogenic (in my opinion).  She is one of the few red heads that I think it fits her well.  

22 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Raylee is SO photogenic (in my opinion).  She is one of the few red heads that I think it fits her well.  

I loved Stephanie, I think she is very photogenic.. though she gets a lot of negative comments here. and Danielle, who always photographs well.

.. Holly did a little twitter video with Raylee singing, do they sing for show group auditions?

Edited by BritFan
17 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I loved Stephanie, I think she is very photogenic.. though she gets a lot of negative comments here. and Danielle, who always photographs well.

.. Holly did a little twitter video with Raylee singing, do they sing for show group auditions?

Agree on Stephanie and Danielle! 

They do sing for SG (at least some do?) - they like to see if there is anyone who could sing the anthem at games. They also used to sing on USO tours, not sure if that's still a part of it tho. 

56 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Jessika has always been in Danielle's group but switched to Jennas for the first game due to Yuko being out for the game. If you check back to the night the groups were originally announced she was in Danielle's group. I am not sure if it is permanent, Shelly I am sure could shed more light on that matter.

So the Yuko situation is already causing the other girls to have to adjust things for games? I wonder if they will show this on the show or cover it up.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So the Yuko situation is already causing the other girls to have to adjust things for games? I wonder if they will show this on the show or cover it up.

I imagine this has more to do with cuts being made than Yuko. There has usually been shifting in group to accomdate  cuts. 

I love it when they make girls who can't sing, sing the national anthem for SG auditions, it is HYSTERICAL! Sooo hope they show it this year ? Little Karen and "star sprangled banner" ? Bless her heart 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I imagine this has more to do with cuts being made than Yuko. There has usually been shifting in group to accomdate  cuts. 

Well, all the cuts had been made at this point. I thought I read that Simone and Yuko sat out of the Meet the Team, did they sit out of the first game too? I know Simone has a concussion but what was Yuko's reason??? Was her lack of a long term Visa the reason she had to sit out? 

Or am I having a senior moment and cant remember correctly???

I love love the Group pic of Jenna's group. Jenna has 5 show group members (including herself) in her group. That's a lot. Did they form the groups b4 show group auditions. You would think they would try to spread their best talent evenly among all groups. I think she has a great group! Just a thought. 

• Love 1