Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

After 11 seasons...I finally discovered the blogs! Wow so many people with theories, thoughts and provocations. Where do I begin??

There are two people on here that seem to "be in the know" of how things are run. It's safe to assume that one is either a friend of a DCC or former TCC and the other is likely a part of the production crew. But neither are 100% accurate, after all, it's second hand knowledge. 

I will tell you that our DCC staff consists of 8 people, 5 of whom have worn the uniform for a total of 21 years and over 120 years combined with the organization, #beyond the boots!! Each staff member has multiple duties that are creatively intertwined with the end result being the perfect squad each season. But our jobs don't end at announcements. Beside the games, there are appearances, sponsor events, corporate shows, USO tours, media events, charity functions, nursing home visits, etc. that all have to be coordinated to function cohesively into a rigorous rehearsal schedule. And about rehearsals, some of you are correct in stating Kelli & Judy are not at all rehearsals, one part is missing...together. There is ALWAYS a staff member at rehearsal, whether the cameras are there or not. Sometime it's both of them, one of them, me or Shelly Mc. Not only do we multitask our DCC duties, but also our personal lives. Imagine that?!?!

How easy it is to sit behind a screen and even more so, a screen name, with an avatar as your profile pic and cast opinions on people you watch on tv? We, staff and DCC, are all aware of the comments, judgements, etc. At least for every girl, whether they've been cut at auditions, training camp or have made the team, they have all been real. If you think you "kill it" doing Thunderstruck, post a video! If you want to debate "fit vs. curvy", post a pic! Want to discuss technical ability vs. showmanship, show us what ya got! 

It's hard enough to put yourself in front of 15 judges, let alone the armchair quarterbacks.  But speaking of judges, the diversity on our team comes from our panel of judges. Our audiences all have different tastes & likes. Therefore, having a panel of judges that come from many backgrounds, helps us choose the absolute best. Trust me, I have questioned the no's and the yes's, the why's and why not's. Our process is the most fair and diplomatic I've seen and I've judged my fair share of competitions. Every girl in training camp is given a fair shot, with notes and critiques beyond non filming days. It's ultimately up to the individual to rise to the task. Wearing the uniform is more than beauty and talent. The few women chosen each season are also full of heart. To paraphrase...When you dance in their boots, see what they see, hear what they hear, feel what they feel, THEN maybe you'll  understand why they do what they do. 

• Love 11

I guess I don't understand why us discussing things is a bad thing. People are invested in the team which is good for you and your tv show. You just lost a viewer and a fan. 

Edited to add: if the organization doesn't want people talking about them why have a reality show?

Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 13

Two things:

1)  Yay for Season 1!  Been wanting to rewatch that one for awhile now (side note: Boy, Kelli has packed on the pounds over the years!)

2)  I'm so sick of the "these girls have feelings!  Stop saying mean things!"  It is 2016 -- we have had both social media and reality television for sometime now.  If you don't want to be publicly criticized on fan forums, then don't go on a reality show.  Simple solution!  Otherwise, accept that this is the world we live in and get over it.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

After 11 seasons...I finally discovered the blogs! Wow so many people with theories, thoughts and provocations. Where do I begin??

There are two people on here that seem to "be in the know" of how things are run. It's safe to assume that one is either a friend of a DCC or former TCC and the other is likely a part of the production crew. But neither are 100% accurate, after all, it's second hand knowledge. 

I will tell you that our DCC staff consists of 8 people, 5 of whom have worn the uniform for a total of 21 years and over 120 years combined with the organization, #beyond the boots!! Each staff member has multiple duties that are creatively intertwined with the end result being the perfect squad each season. But our jobs don't end at announcements. Beside the games, there are appearances, sponsor events, corporate shows, USO tours, media events, charity functions, nursing home visits, etc. that all have to be coordinated to function cohesively into a rigorous rehearsal schedule. And about rehearsals, some of you are correct in stating Kelli & Judy are not at all rehearsals, one part is missing...together. There is ALWAYS a staff member at rehearsal, whether the cameras are there or not. Sometime it's both of them, one of them, me or Shelly Mc. Not only do we multitask our DCC duties, but also our personal lives. Imagine that?!?!

How easy it is to sit behind a screen and even more so, a screen name, with an avatar as your profile pic and cast opinions on people you watch on tv? We, staff and DCC, are all aware of the comments, judgements, etc. At least for every girl, whether they've been cut at auditions, training camp or have made the team, they have all been real. If you think you "kill it" doing Thunderstruck, post a video! If you want to debate "fit vs. curvy", post a pic! Want to discuss technical ability vs. showmanship, show us what ya got! 

It's hard enough to put yourself in front of 15 judges, let alone the armchair quarterbacks.  But speaking of judges, the diversity on our team comes from our panel of judges. Our audiences all have different tastes & likes. Therefore, having a panel of judges that come from many backgrounds, helps us choose the absolute best. Trust me, I have questioned the no's and the yes's, the why's and why not's. Our process is the most fair and diplomatic I've seen and I've judged my fair share of competitions. Every girl in training camp is given a fair shot, with notes and critiques beyond non filming days. It's ultimately up to the individual to rise to the task. Wearing the uniform is more than beauty and talent. The few women chosen each season are also full of heart. To paraphrase...When you dance in their boots, see what they see, hear what they hear, feel what they feel, THEN maybe you'll  understand why they do what they do. 

Quite frankly you're lucky people care enough about the DCC and this show to have opinions and discuss the show. I highly doubt there are message boards and heated discussions about the Eagles cheerleaders.

• Love 18

Long long time lurker, posted maybe once before. Very active in animal rescue, never enough time or energy to post. Do enjoy reading the updates and am always amazed and happy with posters detective work. That being said, it's a reality show and, while I agree some, a few, posters can be harsh, there are more that are supportive and kind. I've never understood any of the comments about Amys size. She's every man's dream. She's beautiful, a great dancer, the camera loves her. Is she Lacey thin, no, but she is Texas...if that makes sense. I was really looking forward to this season, 2 of my absolute favorites, Kelsey & Madeline made it!! Been rooting for them, esp Kelsey. It's not only that she's stunning, it's that she can laugh at herself and she can take the 'heat.' As per her Instagram. She comes across as humble and kind and adds some much needed glamour to the squad. Not to say l the DCCs aren't very pretty, stunning but, over the years, the squad lost a bit of that Texas glamour. This year, with this squad, that's back. JMO.

Unlike previous years, I was really looking forward to this season. Finally, contestants to root for. However and whether I post or lurk, I'm not going to be chastised for agreeing a massive exception was made for Yoko. And questioning that. 

May you have a great season, now and in the future but like another poster, you've lost a fan and a viewer. 

• Love 8

So, the first two episodes of the new MTT season are now showing up as pending recording on the DVR. The second episode is entitled "Comeback Girls" and the description reads: "Second-year cheerleader Amy Trader returns to camp to serve as a veteran guiding a new class of rookies though the tryout process as DCC director Kelli McGonagill Finglass and chereographer Judy Trammel mentor recruits."

Interesting! Is this something new they're trying with Amy T.? Or has there always been a vet who serves as a guide during tryouts? 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

Long long time lurker, posted maybe once before. Very active in animal rescue, never enough time or energy to post. Do enjoy reading the updates and am always amazed and happy with posters detective work. That being said, it's a reality show and, while I agree some, a few, posters can be harsh, there are more that are supportive and kind. I've never understood any of the comments about Amys size. She's every man's dream. She's beautiful, a great dancer, the camera loves her. Is she Lacey thin, no, but she is Texas...if that makes sense. I was really looking forward to this season, 2 of my absolute favorites, Kelsey & Madeline made it!! Been rooting for them, esp Kelsey. It's not only that she's stunning, it's that she can laugh at herself and she can take the 'heat.' As per her Instagram. She comes across as humble and kind and adds some much needed glamour to the squad. Not to say l the DCCs aren't very pretty, stunning but, over the years, the squad lost a bit of that Texas glamour. This year, with this squad, that's back. JMO.

Unlike previous years, I was really looking forward to this season. Finally, contestants to root for. However and whether I post or lurk, I'm not going to be chastised for agreeing a massive exception was made for Yoko. And questioning that. 

May you have a great season, now and in the future but like another poster, you've lost a fan and a viewer. 

Glad you joined us, and I hope you will continue to post when you have time! Your screen name has made me smile. My name is Lauren, and between my husband and myself, we own four cats!

• Love 2

If a person doesn't want criticism, then choosing to be an entertainer and/or on a reality TV show is a bad choice. Auditioning for a team that prides itself on physical beauty, sexiness, athleticism and dance training, AND that has been on TV for 11 straight seasons, absolutely opens anyone participating up for a whole lot of critique.

Honestly, geography, age, a worn out hip and knee, and adult responsibilities keep me from being any part of the professional dance world, but I enjoy the show. It's fun to see how that world has advanced and how so many things stay the same. I do think it's really bizarre that after 11 years, we finally have so many dancers, parents, staff, etc. identifying themselves. I would've thought they'd comment sooner (especially during the Everybody Hates Cassie years).

I guess there really is some DCC Kool-Aid that makes former DCC and staff think they're a whole lot more elite and prestigious than they are, and that they're above any public comment - especially when the public comment comes from footage from a national cable TV show, social media, youtube, etc., all very public sources. I don't live anywhere near Dallas, so maybe things are different there, or maybe it's just the Kool-Aid, but I'm really close to being over the whole show now.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I guess there really is some DCC Kool-Aid that makes former DCC and staff think they're a whole lot more elite and prestigious than they are, and that they're above any public comment - especially when the public comment comes from footage from a national cable TV show, social media, youtube, etc., all very public sources. I don't live anywhere near Dallas, so maybe things are different there, or maybe it's just the Kool-Aid, but I'm really close to being over the whole show now.

Yes, if that really is Shelly Bramhall who posted, bad move. Way to piss off the diehards. 

Oh, and the DCC are elite in Dallas only in their own minds. ? And by DCC I mean Kelli. Most of the DCC I've met over the years have been down to earth.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8

and here I was about to fork out money to buy the new MTT episodes on iTunes... no doubt money that goes in your pocket Shelly.  Think I'll pass.  

I could go on how ridiculous it is to bite the VERY small hand that feeds you (this isn't the Bachelor after all) but I've got better things to do.  

• Love 8

Wow....we are here because we love the show and cheer for our favs to make the team...we are allowed to have our opinions, and I feel we are fair judges, some are more harsh than others, but we support the women trying out and those whom make the team.  The diversity of the forum allows for everyone's personal opinions. We all have different tastes & likes when talking about the show and the cheerleaders.  The forum posters also have personal lives,  and as fans of the show we multitask everyday to not only lead productive lives but also to talk with each other about a show that we like.  I am amazed by the dedicated posters that keep track of names, handles etc.  We know there are other instructors etc, but just because we alert others to the fact that K&J are not there every night, doesn't mean we think they should not be having other parts of their lives go the wayside.  It's just a fact they are not there every night, and we know that the women are being judged by others and that notes are written up and given to all of the performers. And by the way, we are your audience too.  We definitely have different likes and tastes.  One more thing, the shorts seem to be off this year.  Thanks 

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 11

Lol if this is true, it's hysterical. Kind of like when whoever manages the DCC social media shared that "great" article from EW which was basically "This show is a hot mess of mean women and trashy ridiculousness and that is why I can't quit it". They are totally tone depth to the perception outside of Dallas.

• Love 7

Just giving all and any that want to know, a chance to come straight to the source. There have been plenty of posts that were lovely and supportive of many of the girls over the years. It's the few unecessarily hurtful ones are questioned. Maybe my "lumping together" is because I didn't feel the need to call anyone out by name, I only stated there were two that were slightly accurate. Most are without face. I've only seen a handful with a real name and picture. 

Out of the gazillion things posted, I mentioned the few things that stood out as hot topics, i.e. rehearsals, weight/body types and abilities. Being on tv, doesn't shield DCC from criticism...it comes with the territory. But for every critic, there are 10x the amount of supporters. The reasoning for our Fan Votes is because of the show. We DO recognize that fans want to know more, be involved, etc. and look for opportunities to have them participate...thank you for love. 

For those that are offended that  a staff member would respond, it was done with collective thought. We love legit conversation...so if you wanna know, just ask. 

• Love 5

You said yourself your audience have different likes and dislikes. We are part of "your" audience, no? But we're not allowed to discuss those. 

If you read a little of some of the pages/threads you'll see that for every 1 mean/bad/slightly off comment about a girl there's like 50+ nice comments about that same girl. So there's no need for you to leap to their defence, lol. 

They put themselves onto a reality show to audition for a major team. If they don't want to be discussed, go try out for a minor league team instead - then nobody will care enough to talk about them. ? 

• Love 8

I can only think of a couple of instances where things said here were worse than what Kelli has said: thut, face isn't HD, jiggly belly, gummy smile, too big, stocky, legs are like drumsticks, legs are too short, cankles, fillers in her face, looks like a grandma.. please guys help me?

Eta, every time you have q&a online all questions are filtered to 'what's the best part of being a DCC?' 'Do you get to keep the uniform?' Not really interesting stuff

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 7

HI @ShellyB! There are lots of interesting things that seem to have happened throughout this season... so many questions that may or may not be answered on the show.

CMT can't show everything - will you stick around for the 'Ask me anything' after episodes?

Until then, Yuko has been the hottest of topics on here, and inside info on her path to making the team this year would be totally awesome!

• Love 2

There will always be a few hurtful posts in any forum, but nothing I have read here is any worse than Kelli questioning on tv if a cheerleader has an eating disorder, making Botox faces about Colby, and the little country music singer saying that a makeover can't fix a face.  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I can only think of a couple of instances where things said here were worse than what Kelly has said: thut, face isn't HD, jiggly belly, gummy smile, too big, stocky, legs are like drumsticks, fillers in her face... please guys help me?

Well lol of course you can saying anything about a girl who doesn't make it. You just can't criticize someone who is part of the brand.

• Love 6

Shelly,

I have a question.  Don't you all worry that your audition process is super-flawed.  After all, Kelli has tried out multiple years and not even made it to training camp.  This year, she finally makes training camp and is apparently so awesome that she made show group!  Now, I doubt she got THAT much better between last year and this one.  Instead, it makes me think your decision-making process leaves something to be desired.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

@Pinknblue you are correct! CMT can't show everything. Hours and hours of footage that must be edited to fit into an hour. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

@ShellyB Please tell us about Yuko's journey to become a DCC!

In the past, it has been clearly stated that no TCC may miss a single rehearsal. Yuko's inclusion on the squad has inspired heated debate here because we've been led to believe she was granted leave to sort out visa issues. We're all curious about why the exception was made! My view is that it's the organisation's prerogative; but still, there must be a compelling reason given the prior emphasis made on the total commitment to the squad. Or, has this sentiment been overplayed in the past by CMT?

Edited by Pinknblue
Edited to add tag
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Wow, this just took an interesting turn. A celebrity from the show has joined us!!! Can't wait to hear from you more this season @ShellyB. 

I'm no celebrity. Just someone that deeply cares about the past, present and future of an organization that I became a part of 27 years ago. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Wow, this just took an interesting turn. A celebrity from the show has joined us!!! Can't wait to hear from you more this season @ShellyB. 

31 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Shelly,

I have a question.  Don't you all worry that your audition process is super-flawed.  After all, Kelli has tried out multiple years and not even made it to training camp.  This year, she finally makes training camp and is apparently so awesome that she made show group!  Now, I doubt she got THAT much better between last year and this one.  Instead, it makes me think your decision-making process leaves something to be desired.

I don't think it's flawed at all. Yes, it took Kelli longer to make the team, but every year the audition process is different. The prospects are different, coming with different talents, etc and the judging panel fluctuates slightly. When it comes to finals, veterans thrown in the mix, the interview process, test scores, final talent audition and the semi finals choreo are all factors and tally up. Those points fall into three categories: yes, no, maybe. Maybes are placed into round table discussions. As I originally stated, I don't think an audition has gone by that I haven't questioned the yes's and the no's. I'm not in the judges deliberations, so I don't know what is discussed. We are so happy that she is a DCC, she's extremely poised and gracious. And the icing on the cake is she was chosen for Show Group! 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 2

Was it CMT's idea to bring in Melissa Rycroft to be a mentor? I know fans were asking for a former DCC to be a mentor. And do the girls who get more no and maybe votes get discussed more by the judging panel? I admit I have questioned why certain girls made the team, cut during TC, or made it to TC, but I am not a judge, Kelli or Judy, and I have not been to one of the games.

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

Lol if this is true, it's hysterical. Kind of like when whoever manages the DCC social media shared that "great" article from EW which was basically "This show is a hot mess of mean women and trashy ridiculousness and that is why I can't quit it". They are totally tone depth to the perception outside of Dallas.

Omg I read that today and after reading it, had to double check to make sure I wasn't crazy, and that the DCC did actually share that on Facebook!

1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

There will always be a few hurtful posts in any forum, but nothing I have read here is any worse than Kelli questioning on tv if a cheerleader has an eating disorder, making Botox faces about Colby, and the little country music singer saying that a makeover can't fix a face.  

EXACTLY

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

Please tell us about Yuko's journey to become a DCC!

In the past, it has been clearly stated that no TCC may miss a single rehearsal. Yuko's inclusion on the squad has inspired heated debate here because we've been led to believe she was granted leave to sort out visa issues. We're all curious about why the exception was made! My view is that it's the organisation's prerogative; but still, there must be a compelling reason given the prior emphasis made on the total commitment to the squad. Or, has this sentiment been overplayed in the past by CMT?

The answer to your question is two-fold. On one hand, it is true that there is a lot of emphasis put on total commitment to the team. Along with training camp rehearsals 4-5 nights a week, 3-4 hours a night ( much longer when filming), the girls have their daily jobs or school. If they are chosen to move into finals, they are given a calendar for the summer that includes every possible scenario leading up to the first game. We always tell them "look this over, consider your personal life and agenda and make sure you can commit."

As far as Yuko's absence is concerned, she was given permission to travel at the most opportune time. She left on a Friday- no rehearsal, Monday was a holiday and traveled back Tuesday. She was at rehearsal the rest of the week...I was there, it was rookie week. I've not been in the mix of what is going on with her visa, I only know that she had one that was short in duration. She was in America about 3 weeks before our auditions started, using up some of her time. 

Trust me in saying that if she was not a viable, qualified candidate to remain on the team, other decisions would have been made. The fact remains that she is cute, talented, fun to watch and extremely personable. Her only fault is that some wires were crossed when it came to her understanding what type of visa she needed. 

We have several audition inquiries every year from people outside of the US. As a rule, we inform them to check all of their countries rules and regulations for requiring visas with extended stay. I know Angela and Jinelle both worked on paperwork a full year before they auditioned. Whereas, other former DCC and training camp candidates from Mexico, didn't need as much lead time. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Wild applause!!!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

I can only think of a couple of instances where things said here were worse than what Kelli has said: thut, face isn't HD, jiggly belly, gummy smile, too big, stocky, legs are like drumsticks, legs are too short, cankles, fillers in her face, looks like a grandma.. please guys help me?

Eta, every time you have q&a online all questions are filtered to 'what's the best part of being a DCC?' 'Do you get to keep the uniform?' Not really interesting stuff

I'll have a go, when Kelli made fun of Colby squinting, "playing peek-a-boo." On camera. I agreed Colby was never going to make the team but Kelli seemed 'mean girl' for saying that while being filmed. Kelli knows where the camera's are, she's been doing this how long? I thought it was unnecessary and snarky. And the face she was making, imitating Colby, was just as bad. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Was it CMT's idea to bring in Melissa Rycroft to be a mentor? I know fans were asking for a former DCC to be a mentor. And do the girls who get more no and maybe votes get discussed more by the judging panel? I admit I have questioned why certain girls made the team, cut during TC, or made it to TC, but I am not a judge, Kelli or Judy, and I have not been to one of the games.

With Melissa coming off of a DWTS Mirror Ball win and being a former DCC, it made sense to have her come in. She is relatable because she's been in their exact positions during the early seasons of MTT and can be a "big sister" to turn to when they have questions. 

Maybes are definitely discussed and it's possible that some no's are too. I'm not in deliberations on any of the three days of auditions. 

If you're ever in Dallas, come to a game!

For some reason the 'grandma' comment from Tina Kalina bothers me the most over all the years, that just seemed really cruel. Like Kelli brought in her bitchy friend to snark with.

I always thought Shelly seemed smart to stay behind the scenes (by choice or not) 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

For some reason the 'grandma' comment from Tina Kalina bothers me the most over all the years, that just seemed really cruel. Like Kelli brought in her bitchy friend to snark with.

I always thought Shelly seemed smart to stay behind the scenes (by choice or not) 

Can't speak on why certain comments were made. Keep in mind it could have been a small soundbite of a complete conversation. Hours and hours of footage, edited and condensed for a one hour episode. 

I stay somewhat behind the scenes, but you never know where I pop up. My role is more on the creative side along with contracting shows and appearances and travel with the team. 

Edited by ShellyB
21 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

The answer to your question is two-fold. On one hand, it is true that there is a lot of emphasis put on total commitment to the team. Along with training camp rehearsals 4-5 nights a week, 3-4 hours a night ( much longer when filming), the girls have their daily jobs or school. If they are chosen to move into finals, they are given a calendar for the summer that includes every possible scenario leading up to the first game. We always tell them "look this over, consider your personal life and agenda and make sure you can commit."

As far as Yuko's absence is concerned, she was given permission to travel at the most opportune time. She left on a Friday- no rehearsal, Monday was a holiday and traveled back Tuesday. She was at rehearsal the rest of the week...I was there, it was rookie week. I've not been in the mix of what is going on with her visa, I only know that she had one that was short in duration. She was in America about 3 weeks before our auditions started, using up some of her time. 

Trust me in saying that if she was not a viable, qualified candidate to remain on the team, other decisions would have been made. The fact remains that she is cute, talented, fun to watch and extremely personable. Her only fault is that some wires were crossed when it came to her understanding what type of visa she needed. 

We have several audition inquiries every year from people outside of the US. As a rule, we inform them to check all of their countries rules and regulations for requiring visas with extended stay. I know Angela and Jinelle both worked on paperwork a full year before they auditioned. Whereas, other former DCC and training camp candidates from Mexico, didn't need as much lead time. 

Thank you for answering the question regarding Yuko. I cannot wait to see her story on the show. I've been one of her biggest fans since auditions, and figured she must be the cat's meow if Kelli gave her the opportunity to fix her visa issues. I think it's awesome to have a girl from Japan on the team- such a fascinating and unique culture. 

I'm definitely snarky sometimes, but I love this show and the girls I know who have been on the team. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I love show group this year. The choreography has been bumped up a notch, with more power & precision!  

Show group looks incredible. 

@ShellyB Did they have new choreography for SG this year? The clip of one of the dances looked unfamiliar and BADASS!

• Love 2

@ShellyB  Were you on the Show Group judges panel in Season 10, and do you know why Angela was not chosen to be in Show Group for three years? Was it because she was turning down performances? Did she change her mind about trying out for her fifth season, but she was not allowed to go on the Swimsuit Calendar Shoot?

50 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Thank you for answering the question regarding Yuko. I cannot wait to see her story on the show. I've been one of her biggest fans since auditions, and figured she must be the cat's meow if Kelli gave her the opportunity to fix her visa issues. I think it's awesome to have a girl from Japan on the team- such a fascinating and unique culture. 

I'm definitely snarky sometimes, but I love this show and the girls I know who have been on the team. 

Show group looks incredible. 

@ShellyB Did they have new choreography for SG this year? The clip of one of the dances looked unfamiliar and BADASS!

Denise DiCharry did the new show group piece. She's the former director and choreographer for LSU Tiger Girls. Super talented and we were lucky to bring her in this past Spring for master classes and subsequently setting the new funk routine. 

I like snarky, as long as it's not mean and hurtful. You gotta be able to laugh at yourself. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

@ShellyB  Were you on the Show Group judges panel in Season 10, and do you know why Angela was not chosen to be in Show Group for three years? Was it because she was turning down performances? Did she change her mind about trying out for her fifth season, but she was not allowed to go on the Swimsuit Calendar Shoot?

Yes, I was on the panel season 10. The decision was made for multiple reasons, some of which you mentioned. Show group is an even bigger commitment to the team. She was a great group leader and assistant to Judy throughout her last season. She didn't go on the calendar shoot because she had already booked travel to Australia by the time the arrangements were finalized for the shoot dates. It's not the first time a vet missed a shoot. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

and here I was about to fork out money to buy the new MTT episodes on iTunes... no doubt money that goes in your pocket Shelly.  Think I'll pass.  

I could go on how ridiculous it is to bite the VERY small hand that feeds you (this isn't the Bachelor after all) but I've got better things to do.  

Oh my God Rhirhi- you are spot on and hilarious with it!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Oh my God Rhirhi- you are spot on and hilarious with it!

A lot of the time these insiders come in swinging, accusing people on the board of being haters but they usually come around and see it's a pretty good group here. Nice of Shelly to answer questions. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

A lot of the time these insiders come in swinging, accusing people on the board of being haters but they usually come around and see it's a pretty good group here. Nice of Shelly to answer questions. 

Didn't come in swinging, just offered to be direct. Happy to answer legit questions. I would say a majority of the posts have been inquisitive and pleasant. Can't change the fact that haters gonna hate. But we can offer them the opportunity to ask the sources and get real answers. ?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

BTW looks like Season 1 is on the website - Brooke, Deryn, Kandi, etc. that rookie class, and also Kalli Fullerton, Meagan Flaherty, etc.

YES!!!! This is the best news I've heard in a while! I have been dying to rewatch that one - I almost tweeted Kelli after the interview a few weeks ago where she said "they are all on itunes" to say no, not the first two! and i would buy them! lol 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

YES!!!! This is the best news I've heard in a while! I have been dying to rewatch that one - I almost tweeted Kelli after the interview a few weeks ago where she said "they are all on itunes" to say no, not the first two! and i would buy them! lol 

I don't see the 2hr special, but the first full season.