Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I doubt they will get rid of Melissa Rycroft any time soon. Not everyone here dislikes her -- I for one have enjoyed some of her segments, but I have a bit of a soft spot for her because she's one of my favorite girls from the first few seasons. Regardless of what people here think though, I'm sure she does bring in some viewers. It's not like she's a super star, but she does have fans, and since she's somewhat relevant to the organization as an alumni, it's a win win for them. While we would all be thrilled to see other girls like Michelle Keys on the show, the average viewer is more likely to know who Melissa Rycroft is, and visibility is key.

I liked her a lot in the first two seasons when she was performing, but less in these mentor segments. I think having a mentor is a great idea, but some of her segments are kind of lame, perhaps because they are scripted? I like it more when we see current vets coaching the girls on their dancing. I also wonder what the other rookie candidates think when only some girls are getting extra coaching. Are they glad when they're not approached by her because that would seem they're doing well and don't need help or does it seem unfair to them?  

• Love 1

I am watching season 10 and so I need to amend something I wrote above.  I did not remember that Jay was brought back last season...so, YAY!  He was such a big part of the DCC in the beginning (of the show) and I am glad he is back and hope we see more of him. He’s so impressive and I love the way he thinks in terms of what the girls need. :0]

I have to disagree about Jay.  His segments are the most boring part of the whole show.  Actually, the most boring part was when they brought Jason Garrett or whatever is name is in last year.  What a snooze. 

• Love 5

McCoy WAS back this year and I admit I am one who was happy about it :) I like how positive and upbeat he is.  He is an entertainer and performer so I actually think he is a legit person to have on the judging panel. 

Fitness is a huge part of my life so I like the Jay segments - in the past, there were way too many and some were eye-rollers (the bikini bootcamp one lol)  But I appreciate that they showed how the girls have to be able to do more than dance - they need stamina and to push themselves out of their comfort zones.  I cannot tell you how much I'd love to utilize his bootcamps and expertise if I were in their shoes...!!

The boring parts to me were the fear challenges - like climbing pamper poles and bungee jumping or whatever.  I get why they did it (teamwork, facing fears, etc.) but I always fast forward those now when I rewatch seasons lol 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Last season the 2 times it seemed that Kelli was irritated with a TCC was:  

#1 When Colby got into TC with the FV

#2 When Megan B quit before she could cut her

Having a brain lapse....which one was Megan B? Pic?

16 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Having a brain lapse....which one was Megan B? Pic?

Megan-B-Copy.jpg

She was the one who sat in the office and said "you know how I'm taking Anatomy this summer?" And the whole conversation was super awkward. 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, dalgal214 said:

On the field and on the HD screen Amy looks good. You can tell she works out, eats healthy, and takes care of herself. I will agree sometimes she photographs bigger, but she definitely fits in with the rest of the team.

Now Megan on the other hand was alarmingly large. She's always had a beautiful statuesque figure, but on the HD screen you could tell she had a bad muffin top and was trying to hide her tummy with her poms. Her cheeks even looked fuller. I'm honestly surprised she wasn't benched but I believe she is one of Kelli's favorites.

Everyone else looked good IMO.

ugh to megan looking out of shape.  that girl is so beautiful and I never thought her figure was bad.  I would be surprised and disappointed if she didn't get a warning and work to fix the issue

• Love 2

I always liked the Jay segments back when the show first started. Especially the Power Squad announcement. I agree, could do without the bikini bootcamp stuff. But I've always liked Jay and how he is 100% committed to helping the girls maintain or improve their fitness. I would think the ones who are on weight warning would utilize him as a resource more often than they do. Not sure how that works behind the scenes, though.

One thing I wish they'd do is announce ALL of the girls who make it in to training camp on the show, not just a select few. It wouldn't take too long to show them being announced. In some seasons, there are TCCs who make the team and you have no idea who they are.

Edited by SopranoKris
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

ugh to megan looking out of shape.  that girl is so beautiful and I never thought her figure was bad.  I would be surprised and disappointed if she didn't get a warning and work to fix the issue

She has definitely been warned...I mean, I'd assume she would have been one of their first picks for Oxnard otherwise? 

I will say that in the few clips I saw from their recent performances I didnt think she looked bad? I did notice though that she was the only one wearing like a flowy tank during the Neecie-choreographed performance.  I hope she can find something that works for her like holly did because she is such a beautiful dancer! 

• Love 1

I loved Neal McCoy on the show and can't wait to see him again this coming season.  He was so cute w/ Ashley Paige in the interview - saved her from Charlotte's uncomfortable attack about how she went back and forth between Dallas and KC, by saying the stuff about "leave him in KC" and made her laugh/broke the tension.   His bless her heart comments about Kelsey were cute too, again fending off another Charlotte attack in a way that kind of said - you ladies are being silly, this girl is gorgeous and here you are picking on these dumb mistakes that don't make a difference at all to your male fans ;).

• Love 8

Neal McCoy seems so sweet. However I didn't care for his comment about Madeleine's face. I'm sure he didn't mean it in the way it came off but I still didn't care for it, nor the bitchy reaction from Kelli et al. 

He was lovely to Ashley Smith and Kelsey though. I honestly think he was shocked at how vicious Charlotte was being.. I know I was. 

• Love 3
On 8/19/2016 at 0:59 AM, Bailey3606 said:

werk

I can't make out everyone. Who is that tall brunette next to Madelyn, she is working it. I can't tell if it's Megan, or ?? Also, I love this dance and Maddie is holding her own. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I loved Neal McCoy on the show and can't wait to see him again this coming season.  He was so cute w/ Ashley Paige in the interview - saved her from Charlotte's uncomfortable attack about how she went back and forth between Dallas and KC, by saying the stuff about "leave him in KC" and made her laugh/broke the tension.   His bless her heart comments about Kelsey were cute too, again fending off another Charlotte attack in a way that kind of said - you ladies are being silly, this girl is gorgeous and here you are picking on these dumb mistakes that don't make a difference at all to your male fans ;).

This sums up my feelings on him so well! 

2 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Neal McCoy seems so sweet. However I didn't care for his comment about Madeleine's face. I'm sure he didn't mean it in the way it came off but I still didn't care for it, nor the bitchy reaction from Kelli et al. 

He was lovely to Ashley Smith and Kelsey though. I honestly think he was shocked at how vicious Charlotte was being.. I know I was. 

Yeah, that made me cringe too but I honestly dont' think he meant it as 'she's not attractive at ALL.' more like, she isn't our usual DCC glam and I don't know if she could be.  

I actually think Neal is a Madeline fan - and that the comments he made about her face were in response to other judges saying her face was bad.   Like he said if you don't like her face, a makeover isn't going to change it - then Kelli said she wouldn't want to change it meaning that she liked her face.

My bet is that Neal being on the show group judging panel this year helped Madeline make SG - he made multiple comments on the show re: really liking her dancing.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I can't make out everyone. Who is that tall brunette next to Madelyn, she is working it. I can't tell if it's Megan, or ?? Also, I love this dance and Maddie is holding her own. 

I was thinking that was Jax but I could totally be wrong.  It's so hard to figure out who is who.  Megan is the one wearing the tank top, more towards center (she was the awesome tilt in the beginning) 

22 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I actually think Neal is a Madeline fan - and that the comments he made about her face were in response to other judges saying her face was bad.   Like he said if you don't like her face, a makeover isn't going to change it - then Kelli said she wouldn't want to change it meaning that she liked her face.

My bet is that Neal being on the show group judging panel this year helped Madeline make SG - he made multiple comments on the show re: really liking her dancing.

Agree.  Though I know they all were fans of her dancing last year, it was just getting the DCC style.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I have to disagree about Jay.  His segments are the most boring part of the whole show.  Actually, the most boring part was when they brought Jason Garrett or whatever is name is in last year.  What a snooze. 

No, Jason Garrett. Some of us who reside outside TX and actually KNOW/watch/support football, recognize he's simply Jerrah Jones "yes"-man.  Actually anything to do with Jerrah or his male progeny is a major ICK!

When in doubt, stick to the DANCING.

• Love 2

I take offense to that lol I actually like Jason as a coach. He's a great motivator, actually I take that back. He's not a great coach, but he's a great motivator. I just hope the training staff is better this year so less injuries to all our good players. I was thinking of taking the rest of my vacation time and seeing a game this year, but I have to save for next year's vacation. Maybe in 2 years I can go see the girls lol

4 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

One thing I wish they'd do is announce ALL of the girls who make it in to training camp on the show, not just a select few. It wouldn't take too long to show them being announced. In some seasons, there are TCCs who make the team and you have no idea who they are.

That is so smart.  Show their pictures or names or something at the end of the show or during the credits.  Love that Idea.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

That is so smart.  Show their pictures or names or something at the end of the show or during the credits.  Love that Idea.

There was one girl who got cut last year right around the same time as Courtney J who was in Melissa's sessions but I had no idea who she was until those sessions lol

And do the same thing when the team is announced!  Show all their pictures/names at the end of show. Everyone is so invested in the girls.  It would be a great moment and I’m sure the girls would LOVE it.

• Love 2

Re: that show group piece - wow - looks like Holly has accomplished her dream of being the center of the attention while all the other girls dance around her - and it only took her one year! :).  My money is on her being point once Jenn K retires - no joke that I can see her being point next year, cause she's clearly on their fast track list if they have her dancing in the center while 3 and 4 year vets back her up.    She's very good in that number so it's hard to be snarky, but I kind of hate it when the ones I just know are out for individual glory get exactly what they want, even when they are actually good ;).

Re: the calling out of names of who made it to training camp, I would love CMT to release a bonus scenes video where they show that entire calling out of the names from start to finish w/ no editing.    Just once I'd like to see how that really goes down.

• Love 5

ugh not a fan of people coming in and scolding us for being mean or telling what what we can say vs. not.  I'd rather not have insiders then - a couple comments:

1) this is a reality show which means you put yourself out there and in exchange for fame and payment, you subject yourself to the opinions of the public (right or wrong)

2) we are fans and we do not get paid nor do we get fame, therefore we are able to stay anonymous.  we did not sign consent forms for others to judge our physical appearances, dance skills, etc.  we have not set a price for that.

3) comments made here are no worst than the ones K+J+C have made on national television and "behind the girl's back"

4) our interest which is what drives the comments is what also drives viewership for the show which is what keeps it renewed and keeps the $$ in for the Jones and for K+J

5) CTRL+u

Thanks and I hope we can all continue to exercise our free speech and say what we want without feeling like we will get categorized as mean girls or rude or hurtful or xyz 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Annette said:

No, Jason Garrett. Some of us who reside outside TX and actually KNOW/watch/support football, recognize he's simply Jerrah Jones "yes"-man.  Actually anything to do with Jerrah or his male progeny is a major ICK!

When in doubt, stick to the DANCING.

Sorry, but Jason Garrett is actually a really great guy. He's also talked Jerry down from the ledge these past few years when he's wanted to go out and draft guys like Johnny Manziel. He is not Jerry's yes man. He actually knows how to handle Jerry pretty well. Is he a super bowl coach.... That I'm not sure about, but he's not done bend over and take it from Jerry kind of guy.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, grabalifevest said:

Jenna posted the whole dance in 3 parts on her instagram

Part 1: 

Part 2:

Part 3:

thank you! this is such a cool number! Still having trouble figuring out who is who but oh well lol 

I liked Coach Garrett's appearance and I liked Emmitt's pop up as well. Such appearances help illustrate that the girls are important to the organization as a whole. I'm actually sad the girls don't workout with Jay regularly like in the TX Stadium days. They had a mile run and full hour boot camp before practice. No wonder they (jokingly) think the ATT Stadium girls have it easy.  The old school girls were ripped and could withstand the elements!

Y'all someone please post the "pee" video from the facebook page! I can't seem to grab it. Someone peed on the dance floor during auditions!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Y'all someone please post the "pee" video from the facebook page! I can't seem to grab it. Someone peed on the dance floor during auditions!

I JUST CAME IN HERE TO TALK ABOUT THAT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!  Neal's vamping was ridiculously hilarious!

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

ugh not a fan of people coming in and scolding us for being mean or telling what what we can say vs. not.  I'd rather not have insiders then - a couple comments:

1) this is a reality show which means you put yourself out there and in exchange for fame and payment, you subject yourself to the opinions of the public (right or wrong)

2) we are fans and we do not get paid nor do we get fame, therefore we are able to stay anonymous.  we did not sign consent forms for others to judge our physical appearances, dance skills, etc.  we have not set a price for that.

3) comments made here are no worst than the ones K+J+C have made on national television and "behind the girl's back"

4) our interest which is what drives the comments is what also drives viewership for the show which is what keeps it renewed and keeps the $$ in for the Jones and for K+J

5) CTRL+u

Thanks and I hope we can all continue to exercise our free speech and say what we want without feeling like we will get categorized as mean girls or rude or hurtful or xyz 

BRAVO!  I completely agree with you.  I don't need anyone,  let alone an "insider" telling me what I can/can't say or trying to "explain" this show to me. It isn't rocket science.  It's reality frickin' TV.  

Why now?  After so many seasons....why now? Is it because we notice Amy's body hidden behind Jenna's in the team photo?  Is Megan wearing the only loose top in Showgroup not noticeable? Jerrah's desire to court Asian investors & giving Yuko the ultimate break? Why now?

Suddenly appearing says EVERYTHING. Come on forum....what don't they want discussed & why? Have we struck a proverbial nerve? Sure seems so.

Thank heavens we don't live in North Korea. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Sorry, but Jason Garrett is actually a really great guy. He's also talked Jerry down from the ledge these past few years when he's wanted to go out and draft guys like Johnny Manziel. He is not Jerry's yes man. He actually knows how to handle Jerry pretty well. Is he a super bowl coach.... That I'm not sure about, but he's not done bend over and take it from Jerry kind of guy.

Now I feel bad (kinda, not really). Unfortunately the national media doesn't feel the same way re: Garrett. He's nice I'm sure, but after that woman beater Greg Hardy sh*t show, he obviously has little control over Jerrah's desires. If he wants Manziel, he'll be a Cowboy.

I wish Jones would pay these women a better salary. It's not like this gig actually promotes their cred in the dance world.  Plus, for all the community work they do not to mention some rather sexist/yucky stuff (hello, "modeling" in swimsuits & thigh highs), these women generate far more for Jones bottom line than given credit for. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, grabalifevest said:

Jenna posted the whole dance in 3 parts on her instagram

Part 1: 

Part 2:

Part 3:

Love this number.  Holly has brought fresh moves to the team, and the choreography shows that the group is shining in this number.  These girls love to dance and you can see that they love this piece!   It is ok to showcase the strong talent over seniority too.  The DCC should make sure that they can keep fantastic dancers by not being stagnant but by giving the girls a chance to grow as dancers with new material!  When you have it, flaunt it! 

Kelli showed a video of the new facilities but did not show the cheerleaders locker room.  I hope the cheerleaders have their own sauna, jacuzzi & weightroom too! 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Colby worked for a social media company while in London.  I thought most assumed she got the vote because of this?  I could be wrong though.

The whole Jason Garrett bugged me too.  Talking about how valuable the cheerleaders are ect. Then pay them!!!

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, JC123 said:

WHAT?! 

I sincerely wish I could figure out how to grab the video and share but it appears to have flown into the ether.  But yes, apparently a girl peed and Candace Romo admitted to peeing on herself during cross country runs.

It was possibly the single greatest DCC promo I have yet to see.

• Love 3

I'm not sure why people think Holly isn't on the team for the right reasons? She's obviously talented enough to almost go anywhere. Maybe she has always wanted to be a pro cheerleader. Isn't that everyone else's "dream" on the team also? Good for her!

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm not sure why people think Holly isn't on the team for the right reasons? She's obviously talented enough to almost go anywhere. Maybe she has always wanted to be a pro cheerleader. Isn't that everyone else's "dream" on the team also? Good for her!

Right reasons meaning she was unfairly chose or right reasons meaning she has ulterior motives? I don't think either. She is very technical and artistic, and what motives besides wanting to be a pro dancer are there? I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

I wonder how the R &B dancers feel about SG doing hip hop and using the drum line?  Seems a bit of low blow to the R&B dancers.

DCC has had that drum line routine for longer than the R&B dancers existed.

• Love 5

I think Holly's motives = I want to be the star dancer on a dance team that is on a reality show and often does spots on other TV shows, etc. - that way it will lead to other things in the entertainment industry, as well as general fame.

I bet if Holly didn't make show group last year she wouldn't have even came back, and she'd be gone in a heartbeat if a show like SYTYCD would have taken her into the top 20.  I also bet if they had cancelled MTT she'd be gone as well.   Just the impression she gives me.  She is a very good dancer though - she was excellent in that SG number, or should I really call it "her" SG number.   She is so featured in that first 3rd of that dance that Kitty's she could do show group by herself line is literally happening. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
On August 21, 2016 at 9:24 AM, LaurenBrook said:

Oh gosh yes - if CMT was to put together something of all the solos (or at least the judge favorites, etc.) and sell it on itunes ...no joke, many of us would BUY it!!! 

Even if you can't put all the solos together, sell the solos on iTunes for $1 each !

On August 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM, RhiRhi said:

For some reason the 'grandma' comment from Tina Kalina bothers me the most over all the years, that just seemed really cruel. Like Kelli brought in her bitchy friend to snark with.

Bitchy seems like WAY too nice of a word for that monster. Chandler was beautiful and SO cute. Watching Tina Kalina guffawing and making fun of her smile and saying she looks like a grandma was the worst moment of show. I hope we never have to see her liver spotted hands and "I think I'm a teenager" outfits on our screen again.   

On August 21, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Smplsimon said:

6)  Tell Kelli that her snarky comments about the girls behind their back might make for better TV, but it makes her look like an unprofessional bitch.

Agreed!  For someone who has had as much work done on her face as Kelli has, I can't figure out where she gets off making those comments about Colby and making those facials to openly mock her. Ugh. That "middle school bully" side of Kelli is truly ugly.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Thought I'd save that little incident for TV. The poor thing got embarrassed and went again in her seat!

That poor girl.  The clip was hilarious but she must have been mortified.

• Love 2