Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

MTT dress rehearsal videos. I'm still seeing 36?!

EDIT: Holly P's solo from last year that was mentioned above. I dont like it. Lots of tricks and technique but no energy. I've seen better from her in other videos.

PS. Erica's Dirty Diana if anyone cares.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2
On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 5:08 PM, DancingForLife said:

Yay! Kelly has some fashion sense- just her around town in jeans, otbt's & Kendra Scott earrings!! No- not in Belk- ha!!! at lunch!! She was with someone I recognized/ but can't think of their name- anyway---She looks less harsh/ softer in real life!

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 8:31 PM, bigskygirl said:

Maybe the reason why they are not having the girls doing their solos and extra show group performances tomorrow night is because they have their first home pre-season game the next day. They may have extra rehearsals Thursday, and of course Friday before the game.

And a major pet peeve of mine...why the heck do the girls and Kelli and Judy say the same blasted thing every single season. I think I would pass out from shock if someone said something original.

Does anyone happen to have the solos of Amy T or Holly P from this year or last year?  (Actually solos from any of the girls would be welcome)  I can never find them anywhere!

I really loved Loren too- one of my favorites.  I know I am in the minority but I really liked her hair better blond.  All they needed to do was add a violet toner to tone down any yellow.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

If I were to choose out of all the girls on the team, who's body I would like to have.. I would totally choose Amy. I LOVE curves. I know that every single girl on that team has a banging body because they work hard for it but to me Amy's is perfect. Flat stomach and hips! I wish there were more girls like that on the team. Who said the girls had to be consistent in their body shapes and weights. The only thing I wish is that K&J would be less critical of body shapes and they also need to know who they are catering for. As much as Vivian frustrated me personality wise, I'm sure men would like to see her shaking it in front of them rather than the someone like Lacey who is very slim and has no curves at all. On the other hand, I freakin love Jinelle's body too but again, she may be slim but has curves! 

I disagree.  Curves = out of shape.  

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, pink317 said:

EDIT: Holly P's solo from last year that was mentioned above. I dont like it. Lots of tricks and technique but no energy. I've seen better from her in other videos.

Thank you- can't wait to watch these!

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, missmansfield said:

I thought K&J were there every night too!  So who runs the nights in TC?

Vets run practice or former members. So weird to think they don't attend practices. Just only on camera or CMT nights are they there. And half the practice they spend primping in hair and makeup. Sometimes the cameras are gone all week and so are they. I heard Judy has come in for paperwork but does not bother to look at the team. Smh. So really it's an act. I lost all respect when I found that out a few years back. TV makes them seem hugely involved but no m'am it's clearly all acting. 

• Love 4

Thanks for the team pic!  I can't wait to see it on the web as opposed to on that giant screen. The lighting and the angle washed out some very beautiful girls, but glad to see it.  

Interesting how they've placed the girls; I always thought that the general rule was seniority gets you closer to the front, but looking at this it seems more like Show Group gets you placed lower.

Does the comment "curves = out of shape" cross the entire spectrum for the female body or does it just mean those who dance?  I'm met people who were in incredible shape and they had curves which meant they had an actual body shape that wasn't stick straight (including some who were dancers) and I've met some people who WERE stick straight but were unhealthy and out of shape for a variety of reasons including medical.  I'm curious to know what you meant as how you phrased it could either be incredible insulting or a shrug of the shoulders among a variety of other things (including a poor choice of words).

• Love 10
5 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Please tell us more. Was there drama with Loren? Is that why she didn't return? The only drama I can think of that came up on this board was about Kyndall. There seemed to be new posters that came here to call her out but then an insider defended Kyndall and stated that Megan had asked Kyndall about her reasons for not getting help from M.R.

Considering Kyndall may have been the last RC cut, that does sound like drama to me. But hey, if there is more please give us a spoiler as this is the spoi pler thread. I, for one, will miss Loren. 

Me too!  Loren was always one of my favorites-  I know I am in the minority but I liked her hair better blond.  It de nofinitely seems to me like she is a natural blond.  If they felt it was too yellow a violet toner would have neutralized that.  I have personally had that problem and Shimmer Lights works great!

Edited by missmansfield
misspelled word
  • Love 1

Tonight was a great success! The ladies did amazing and for the most part are game day ready! Some of them still had missteps but was probably first performance jitters. Big day tomorrow in Dallas! First game and last day of CMT!

• Love 15
21 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Judy has been doing this formation since the Earth was cooling. If they wanted Kelsey in they'd figure out how to do it with 37. 

Yeah - but I do think once they do the thunderstruck formation, don't they kind of stick with it?  If they were able to move things around on the fly w/ different numbers, why do they even get all stars to fill in for injuries?  Like just tweak the pyramid if it's only one girl?

10 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I wonder if Kelsey performed tonight? 

She did indeed, Yuko sat out with Simone. Though Kelsey made a lot of mistakes. Specifically a mistake in every dance. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

She did indeed, Yuko sat out with Simone. Though Kelsey made a lot of mistakes. Specifically a mistake in every dance. 

Why did Simone and Yuko sit out? Are one or both of them injured?

• Love 1

So definitely K &J were right to leave her out? Aww I'm bummed. I wanted her to be a stand out. Hopefully it was just new team jitters.

2 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Why did Simone and Yuko sit out? Are one or both of them injured?

Simone has a concussion. Not sure what from. But no idea why Yuko sat out... @TXStar35 can you pretty please give us more info. What were the highlights of the night? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Simone has a concussion. Not sure what from. But no idea why Yuko sat out... @TXStar35 can you pretty please give us more info. What were the highlights of the night? 

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. I felt like I read something about Simone recently, but couldn't remember what it was.

So if Simone is sitting out, was she also sitting out in the pic someone posted up thread of the entire triangle formation for Thunder? If so that would mean Kelsey WAS included, since there were 36 in the pic, and Simone would be the one not included. Hmmm. I hope that's the case.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Interesting....wonder if it's intentional?!?

Jenna is positioned to completely block out Amy's less-than-flattering feature (yeah, big azz hips - IMO). No way is that not only purpose. K & Jackie miss nothing.

I think the new team photo is an improvement from last year's. Congratulations ladies. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

werk

AWESOME!!!! Wish we could watch the entire dance clearly. K&J / CMT IF YOU ARE LISTENING the fans want to see solos in their entirety and more showgroup performance dances!!!!!!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

werk

Last year when Holly made the team I wondered why she bothered tbh. She is an amazing dancer and the choreography seemed very tame for her, but if she gets opportunities to be front and centre like this it makes more sense.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Yuko is leaving Saturday to finalize her visa, she got approved for her longer visa. Highlights were obviously thunderstruck, group dances, and show group. The squad photo reveal was very special as well, lots of emotions!

34 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. I felt like I read something about Simone recently, but couldn't remember what it was.

So if Simone is sitting out, was she also sitting out in the pic someone posted up thread of the entire triangle formation for Thunder? If so that would mean Kelsey WAS included, since there were 36 in the pic, and Simone would be the one not included. Hmmm. I hope that's the case.

There was 36, Kelsey was in the dance and alumni Emma filled in for Simone. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Yuko is leaving Saturday to finalize her visa, she got approved for her longer visa. Highlights were obviously thunderstruck, group dances, and show group. The squad photo reveal was very special as well, lots of emotions!

Ah, so Yuko and Simone were both out of the big formation? Good to know. Thanks for the info as ways. :)

I know this should probably go in a different thread but it is related to TXStar35's post.

Do DCC's get paid by game or do they have a year contract? I wondered if Emma gets paid more than the All Stars as she has done so much extra covering for girls.

In a way it is a pity (last year in particular when she did it so much) that she didn't get more credit somehow.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Thank youuuu @TXStar35! Love Emma. It's like she never retired! haha 

• Love 2

On a more on topic note - I'm getting my popcorn ready, the Yuko visa drama continues! It sounds like they're not too happy with her about the whole thing if they took her out of the game for it? Isn't it easier to put her back in than Emma? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, pink317 said:

WOW-  Hollys routine was incredible!  I wish I could dance like that!

8 hours ago, BritFan said:

Last year when Holly made the team I wondered why she bothered tbh. She is an amazing dancer and the choreography seemed very tame for her, but if she gets opportunities to be front and centre like this it makes more sense.

Wow, Holly looks awesome in that video -- I think she's quickly becoming the current face of the DCC.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone happen to have the solos of Amy T or Holly P from this year or last year?  (Actually solos from any of the girls would be welcome)  I can never find them anywhere!

I really loved Loren too- one of my favorites.  I know I am in the minority but I really liked her hair better blond.  All they needed to do was add a violet toner to tone down any yellow.

Has Lauren changed her hair back to blonde since DCC?

10 hours ago, pink317 said:

Over posting tonight but here is the squad photo

Holly's (my favorite) tummy looks unpleasantly plump in this pic which has to be the angle because she's got a fabulous figure.

10 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I disagree.  Curves = out of shape.  

Physiologically, curves come from changes in bones as the pelvis widens to accept a pregnancy as we mature and additional fat to support a pregnancy.  That lack of fat is often why people in Hollywood have difficulty getting pregnant as the percentage of body fat is incredibly low.  In fact, the low amount of fat in athletes means most of them don't even have menses.  OK, off of my educator/nurse role!!

• Love 4

Kelsey will get it, I'm confident! I'm thinking back to all the other girls who screwed up in the first performance and got screamed up and ended up being great.  

Yuko is so adorable - I can see why they'd like her personality so much.  And I doubt they are mad at her about the VISA and that's why she didn't perform - wouldn't she legally not be allowed if her VISA isn't right at the moment? 

SG number is awesome!!! Maddie looks great in that one too and I love seeing Holly in the center :-D  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Physiologically, curves come from changes in bones as the pelvis widens 

These days (geez that makes me feel old haha), there are many many obese women out there who are referred to as "curvy" & are always speaking of their "curves", which is what I think @Smplsimon was alluding to.  The way you are describing curves, @cherryblossom, is what I always thought was the correct meaning of that term. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Holly's (my favorite) tummy looks unpleasantly plump in this pic which has to be the angle because she's got a fabulous figure.

I really think it's just the angle and the shading. She looks SO awesome in the footage from last night and her pics on IG with her family! Just really toned and in shape.  Go Holls! 

LOVE seeing Erica right in the center - that makes up a bit for me with her being stuck right behind Jennifer in the triangle lol 

• Love 3

Love the show group video!  Holly is awesome and I'm glad they took a few of her moves into the routine!  The group did great by picking up this new style and it just makes them even more impressive.  

So Yuko sat out because she isn't allowed to perform because the visa is not straight? 

When young girls start to turn into women, curves happen and that's normal!  It is rare to have a stick thin body.  I have seen a Hollywood lady eat a salad, and it was only 3 leaves of spinach, 1 cherry tomato!  I also am surprised that DCC wants to keep the cheerleaders at their rookie weight.  We know they will really hone their bodies with all of the practices etc, and if they build muscle, the scale will go up.  You would think they would be more modern with their expectations.  If they go up 5 pounds but are leaner...then what?

I hope more video from last night shows up! 

Have a great weekend!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Annette said:

So, I'm checking out the pics on Facebook from Showgroup performing on Access Hollywood...and let me just say once again....Amy looks big.  I don't care how beautiful her face is. I don't care how "flat" her stomach is. Next to every other DCC, she stands out as the largest. Her hips are wiiiiiiiide.

When K & J make exceptions, it messes with the consistency of the product.  I believe weight is one of the worst ways to "control" their product.  A person can be extremely thin, but t theyunfit. We all know that muscle weighs more than fat. How about a standard, consistent measurement of a woman?  

Sorry for the rant. I suppose that I'm getting pre-worked up about what we are about to see on season 11 regarding Yuko. I personally have this strange feeling that she's just going to get "weaseled in" vs physically being in camp, earning her spot. After seeing Amy 2X in person last football season, no one will convince me she looks as good as ANY of the others.  She was the largest by far (as was Holly however, she got in shape)& she still stands out for me because of those hips.

Ok- now tell me how wrong I am.

I'm with you ... I think it's not fair that they kick out other strong dancers or they reject RC who have less than "perfect" measurements but they're ok with Amy.  Her hips are indeed wider than the average / all DCC.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I never understood why people who have nothing good to say or dislike everything about something don't just change the channel or find something they enjoy.  Life is too short to spend so much time and energy on something you clearly can't stand.

sheesh guys it's a forum - everyone can say what they want and we can all use the ignore feature.  no need to call names please

• Love 6