Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Not following? And both of the videos are the same.

ETA are you saying they mixed up names on another video...? If so, yeah, that sucks, but stuff happens.

ETA again, here's the other video. Mistakes like that are bound to happen when you have a bunch of beautiful girls running around in identical uniforms. Sounds like they need to get their editors in check.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-how-to-take-a-selfie/1513563/video/#id=1739934

That's weird. When I checked them after I posted them both they were different videos

19 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Not following? And both of the videos are the same.

ETA are you saying they mixed up names on another video...? If so, yeah, that sucks, but stuff happens.

ETA again, here's the other video. Mistakes like that are bound to happen when you have a bunch of beautiful girls running around in identical uniforms. Sounds like they need to get their editors in check.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-how-to-take-a-selfie/1513563/video/#id=1739934

Thanks for correcting it for me.

13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Jenn K and Jenna looked beautiful in those videos.   Wow I really thought Melissa was Amy T at first until her very last smile, so I don't know if I could blame CMT for their mistake - haha.

Robin seems like she may be a candidate for replacing for Jenn K in the ambassador sense when Jenn K retires - she is so well-spoken.

Well, I guess I was under the impression that J or K reviewed all media prior to it being available to the public. You know to "protect the brand"!

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, dalgal214 said:

It's actually Thursday. Usually anyone who gets a barbie performs. Megan and holly did last year and kat even opened. Anyone who got a barbie and maybe someone with an extra  exciting solo will perform.

I crossed out the location for the privacy of the cheerleaders and their family and friends.

image.jpeg

Last I was told there will be no solos. It is going to be Thunder, Show Group doing the hip hop number, and each group performing a dance each. Its a shame though, the solos and other show group dances were some of the best parts! Excited for Thursday!

• Love 5

Yay! Kelly has some fashion sense- just her around town in jeans, otbt's & Kendra Scott earrings!! No- not in Belk- ha!!! at lunch!! She was with someone I recognized/ but can't think of their name- anyway---She looks less harsh/ softer in real life!

• Love 2
Just now, DancingForLife said:

Yay! Kelly has some fashion sense- just her around town in jeans, otbt's & Kendra Scott earrings!! No- not in Belk- ha!!! at lunch!! She was with someone I recognized/ but can't think of their name- anyway---She looks less harsh/ softer in real life!

Kelli always seems to look great no matter her weight or anything else.  She seems to get better every year.  Great hair and makeup!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Last I was told there will be no solos. It is going to be Thunder, Show Group doing the hip hop number, and each group performing a dance each. Its a shame though, the solos and other show group dances were some of the best parts! Excited for Thursday!

Is it invite only or can you buy tickets?  I'm nowhere near Dallas, just curious

7 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

That's weird. When I checked them after I posted them both they were different videos

Thanks for correcting it for me.

Well, I guess I was under the impression that J or K reviewed all media prior to it being available to the public. You know to "protect the brand"!

They need to review spelling, too. Gold METAL? Seriously CMT. You should be better than that. 

• Love 5

I'm late to the discussion, but the photo with Robin in the front -- it was just a still shot, right; not part of a video (there was a video clip posted with show group doing a really fun number before that).  I wonder if Robin was pulled up front maybe not to "mess" with us, but just to diversify the look.  I really think if Jacee stayed, she would be at the front - beauty, talent, and  not-a-blonde.  I could definitely see Judy arranging her "bouquet of flowers" by switching 2 or 3 girls up for a pyramid photo.  I do love Robin, but even if they do cycle different girls into the tip of the triangle, I would be upset as a vet to have a 2 year vet usurp me if I was a 4-5 year and actually had the legit talent and personality to be at the head of the pyramid (I like Jinelle, for instance, but I wouldn't put her at the front.  

Poor Erica - it is a good spot I think for being in the stadium -- from the few videos I've seen on YouTube, Kinzie (and Lauren before her) got a lot of attention there from the cameras.  But in that still shot, Erica's so tiny, you just see her poms.  

Someone also posted above that the talent has improved over the years (and maybe that's why Kelli repeats it at every audition).  Now that I've seen seasons 1 & 2 (even 3 -4), the solo portions are SO much better than they were.  In S1, one girl (Andrea Richards perhaps) was dressed as a cop in high heeled boots.  it was truly a routine worthy of a stripshow.  Compare that to Melissa, Erica, Lacey, Holly, Amy T - almost any of them.... the talent pool has increased.  Maybe MTT has influenced that somewhat -- just like SYTYCD.  The early seasons had FAR more bad dancers featured for humor and those that made the show were good, but not as talented as in later seasons.  

Counting the days!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

yeah I think she's really classy looking and put together.  is she a "celebrity" in dallas?  do people stare and go up to her for selfies and autographs?

• Love 1

Kelsey's instagram post said she was excited to be performing at preseason on Friday so I'm assuming that means she's in.

15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Kelsey's instagram post said she was excited to be performing at preseason on Friday so I'm assuming that means she's in.

whoa ... that's good ... wonder what happened there!

it's just you and me Heather lol ... I can't believe how quiet the boards have gotten.  For a second there I thought I've been blocked... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

whoa ... that's good ... wonder what happened there!

it's just you and me Heather lol ... I can't believe how quiet the boards have gotten.  For a second there I thought I've been blocked... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LMAO it's a ghost town, when the show starts I'm sure it'll be better.

17 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Someone also posted above that the talent has improved over the years (and maybe that's why Kelli repeats it at every audition).  Now that I've seen seasons 1 & 2 (even 3 -4), the solo portions are SO much better than they were.  In S1, one girl (Andrea Richards perhaps) was dressed as a cop in high heeled boots.  it was truly a routine worthy of a stripshow.  Compare that to Melissa, Erica, Lacey, Holly, Amy T - almost any of them.... the talent pool has increased.  Maybe MTT has influenced that somewhat -- just like SYTYCD.  The early seasons had FAR more bad dancers featured for humor and those that made the show were good, but not as talented as in later seasons.  

Amen sister. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

:) 

It is quiet because there is literally nothing new to talk about at this point without going in circles lol 

Soon, friends - SOON :-D 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Maybe I didn't understand correctly, but I didn't think she was taken out of the whole game, I thought she was just out for Thunderstruck.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe I didn't understand correctly, but I didn't think she was taken out of the whole game, I thought she was just out for Thunderstruck.

I think she was just out for Thunderstruck but she made it seem like she was in for the whole thing so idk

I'm here, too, just needed a little break. When it gets too crazy, I leave for a few. :-)

Meet the Team is tomorrow so hopefully we'll get some pics and video. Then first game on Friday! Let's hope all 37 hit the turf!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

LMAO it's a ghost town, when the show starts I'm sure it'll be better.

Yeah, not much to talk about until the show starts next week. Can't wait! I'm sick of them replaying the same 3 seasons over & over.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BritFan said:

I'm here too! *waves*

I really hope someone puts up each new episode on Youtube like they did last year, or I will be one very angry Brit!

I want that so badly. Though I will say that the episodes on Youtube of last season were either sped up, slowed down, or had everyone with awkwardly deep voices. I can't stand it haha

• Love 1

Yeah it's so satisfying when you find an episode online though after searching for ages! You lucky American peeps can view it so easily. I have to watch grainy footage on youtube with chipmunk or man voices overdubbed. 

• Love 4

Maybe the reason why they are not having the girls doing their solos and extra show group performances tomorrow night is because they have their first home pre-season game the next day. They may have extra rehearsals Thursday, and of course Friday before the game.

And a major pet peeve of mine...why the heck do the girls and Kelli and Judy say the same blasted thing every single season. I think I would pass out from shock if someone said something original.

1 hour ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I know, right?!?!?!?  I practically have seasons 8, 9 and 10 memorized.  What I'd really love is to see the early seasons; I wonder why CMT doesn't show them?

I think someone said it was because the earlier episodes weren't in HD?

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 5:08 PM, DancingForLife said:

Kelli always seems to look great no matter her weight or anything else.  She seems to get better every year.  Great hair and makeup!

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe the reason why they are not having the girls doing their solos and extra show group performances tomorrow night is because they have their first home pre-season game the next day. They may have extra rehearsals Thursday, and of course Friday before the game.

And a major pet peeve of mine...why the heck do the girls and Kelli and Judy say the same blasted thing every single season. I think I would pass out from shock if someone said something original.

Does anyone happen to have the solos of Amy T or Holly P from this year or last year?  (Actually solos from any of the girls would be welcome)  I can never find them anywhere!

36 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Only 36 in this picture. Looks like someone is (still) out of Thunder.

So if this is the triangle for thunder.. will one person have to always sit out each game? I can't see a space where they could slot in an extra person.. Or would they have to change to entire formation.. 

Hi everyone, I'm here too! School started today and on my way home from taking my son this morning Thunderstruck came on the radio! In rare form and wearing my robe (my usual attire when driving my son to school), I performed the dance routine in my mind while driving. I killed it!???????

• Love 16
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

So if this is the triangle for thunder.. will one person have to always sit out each game? I can't see a space where they could slot in an extra person.. Or would they have to change to entire formation.. 

Not sure what they'll do, but the 36 in the traingle sure looks like their formation, and I'm starting to wonder if they really picked a team a team of 36 in their mind, and Yuko is essentially in Kelseys spot :/.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Not sure what they'll do, but the 36 in the traingle sure looks like their formation, and I'm starting to wonder if they really picked a team a team of 36 in their mind, and Yuko is essentially in Kelseys spot :/.

Judy has been doing this formation since the Earth was cooling. If they wanted Kelsey in they'd figure out how to do it with 37. 

• Love 8

They've had a number other than 36 several times, and it's been an odd number on more than one occasion. In fact in the entire time that the show has been running, they've only had a squad of 36 two times. I'm sure there's a place for Kelsey.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4

Sorry- been teaching- new classes just started. I am friends with a friend of Loren- don't know any fun details- but there is quite the drama this season. They say it isn't manufactured by cmt/ but cmt likes to stir the pot & make situations more exciting. You all figured that out. As for MR- she had no clue her first time mentoring.  She said some really stupid things and They couldn't air that- so All her sessions were staged --to give her a purpose. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Sorry- been teaching- new classes just started. I am friends with a friend of Loren- don't know any fun details- but there is quite the drama this season. They say it isn't manufactured by cmt/ but cmt likes to stir the pot & make situations more exciting. You all figured that out. As for MR- she had no clue her first time mentoring.  She said some really stupid things and They couldn't air that- so All her sessions were staged --to give her a purpose. 

Please tell us more. Was there drama with Loren? Is that why she didn't return? The only drama I can think of that came up on this board was about Kyndall. There seemed to be new posters that came here to call her out but then an insider defended Kyndall and stated that Megan had asked Kyndall about her reasons for not getting help from M.R.

Considering Kyndall may have been the last RC cut, that does sound like drama to me. But hey, if there is more please give us a spoiler as this is the spoiler thread. I, for one, will miss Loren. 

So, I'm checking out the pics on Facebook from Showgroup performing on Access Hollywood...and let me just say once again....Amy looks big.  I don't care how beautiful her face is. I don't care how "flat" her stomach is. Next to every other DCC, she stands out as the largest. Her hips are wiiiiiiiide.

When K & J make exceptions, it messes with the consistency of the product.  I believe weight is one of the worst ways to "control" their product.  A person can be extremely thin, but unfit. We all know that muscle weighs more than fat. How about a standard, consistent measurement of a woman?  

Sorry for the rant. I suppose that I'm getting pre-worked up about what we are about to see on season 11 regarding Yuko. I personally have this strange feeling that she's just going to get "weaseled in" vs physically being in camp, earning her spot. After seeing Amy 2X in person last football season, no one will convince me she looks as good as ANY of the others.  She was the largest by far (as was Holly however, she got in shape)& she still stands out for me because of those hips.

Ok- now tell me how wrong I am.

• Love 4

I personally don't care that Amy's hips are larger than the others.  Good for her for making the team.  She's a beautiful person, smart, intelligent and she can dance. She is fit, not fat. I think it's great that they don't have a team of stick figures :)

• Love 7

If I were to choose out of all the girls on the team, who's body I would like to have.. I would totally choose Amy. I LOVE curves. I know that every single girl on that team has a banging body because they work hard for it but to me Amy's is perfect. Flat stomach and hips! I wish there were more girls like that on the team. Who said the girls had to be consistent in their body shapes and weights. The only thing I wish is that K&J would be less critical of body shapes and they also need to know who they are catering for. As much as Vivian frustrated me personality wise, I'm sure men would like to see her shaking it in front of them rather than the someone like Lacey who is very slim and has no curves at all. On the other hand, I freakin love Jinelle's body too but again, she may be slim but has curves! 

• Love 2

Holly P retweeted her solo from last year.  Looks like someone filmed it from the audience and posted.  Sorry, I don't know how to post it here.  

Edited by Jazzmom
22 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone happen to have the solos of Amy T or Holly P from this year or last year?  (Actually solos from any of the girls would be welcome)  I can never find them anywhere!

Holly P retweeted her solo from last year today on Twitter.  It was filmed from the audience & someone posted it.  Sorry , I don't know how to post it here yet.

Edited by Jazzmom