Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Love these cameos!  On a side note though, am I the only one who wondered who went all 'Mission Impossible' with the spy camera to sneak in Kelli's office and snap these pics??? Lol -- which one of you put on your best ninja outfit and camo paint to get these? 

Of course, they probably leaked these pics themselves, just to throw us a bone.  ;)  If so, thank you!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, pink317 said:

Robin, the new point girl?! Is Jenn injured????

Here is the conversation on Twitter about Robin being point. So, she's not!

Denise Ortiz Rivera ‏@LadyDeeRivera  3h3 hours ago

@DCC_Judy Is Robin the point? That is so cool!!

Judy Trammell ‏@DCC_Judy  20m20 minutes ago

@LadyDeeRivera just rehearsing!!! She does look cute though. #shakeitup

Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

Also, is that Tasha to Robin's left (Melissa's spot)? They moved several girls around.

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

11 hours ago, pink317 said:

Robin, the new point girl?! Is Jenn injured????

Edited by DCCFAN71
8 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Also, is that Tasha to Robin's left (Melissa's spot)? They moved several girls around.

No, that's Melissa. I can see how it looks a little like Tasha. From what I can see the other girls are in their normal spots.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha yeah, looks like Tess got the Serious Face pose this year.  I wouldn't mind Robin rotating in because she is SO fun to watch, but if they are flipping around so many girls in point Erica should be considered before Robin.  

I also think a lot of the cameos are overall better this year because no one has their arm up weird or looking back over their shoulder. Those were always terrible ones. 

Well we still haven't seen there actually cameo pictures yet in the locker room...are they up now???  The one's shown in the Star Magazine are just head shots so they ended up picking poses for everyone with their arms down.

7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I know that some on the board are saying that Erica has a gr8 spot in the triangle. However, I don't think so. You can't see her looking str8 on because of the point person. 

I thought the exact same thing looking at the photo

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

random but I would so love to be 31 again ... ladies, enjoy your youth ... those years go way too quickly

Right. I'm 42 now. I loved my 30's and they went by fast. Too fast. Honestly, I can't decide about KQ. She looks old in some photos, and then not so much in others. 

• Love 2

I'm ok with Kelli Q's looks...she looks a little older than the other girls but it's not like she looks like she's Charlotte's age.  She still looks younger than Colby did. 

Yeah, still not a fan of Erica's triangle position. I'm sure I'll see what people are talking about once they perform and we have a different view but right now it sucks lol 

Ah @KristyMc19 i see what you're talking about...these could just be one of the headshot options. Ugh. I hate all the weird poses.

• Love 2

These are not the best but here Emma is dancing for Kinzie (who was the girl behind the point girl) last year. A good portion of the dance is in straight line. She is dead center (top of the star) for straight lines and gets love from the camera since it is stationed at the 50. I'm sure K&J know where the camera pulls shots from at this point and puts strong girls there. There are better videos with Lauren and just show group but this is the first one I could find.

Also, if someone blows out a knee and they need to do an inverted triangle (see below when Ashley H couldn't perform at Oxnard), then you're the star of the show.

Re: rookie cameos...  In general, they are "okay".  Tasha looks startled and it is odd.   Kelli Q looks old, but she looks old in almost every picture I've seen so far - I know this is bad, but often at first glance I think she is Judy, and her cameo has that effect too.  Madeline's cameo looks nice, but her face is lighter than her body some.

Re: vet cameos...  Megan looks really heavy.  Wow.  Raylees is really nice, and yeah, Holly's is an improvement.   Not sure what I think about Kashara's - I think they could have done better.   Robin's is really nice. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Kelli Q looks old, but she looks old in almost every picture I've seen so far - I know this is bad, but often at first glance I think she is Judy, and her cameo has that effect too.  

I agree, she looks much closer to 40s than 30s.  If I didn't know her age & you stood her next to Kelli Finglass, I'd say KQ looks the same age.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree, she looks much closer to 40s than 30s.  If I didn't know her age & you stood her next to Kelli Finglass, I'd say KQ looks the same age.

I mean, I think a makeover could help her not look so old - like the bright blonde playboy bunny hair doesn't help, and it kind of looks like her roots are grey (which actually could be the case cause I've known more than a few women who's hair turned grey in their 20's).    Her makeup ages her too.   If they made her hair more like that color they gave Emily Rosslyn, gave her some sweeping bangs, and did her makeup w/ more earthy tones on her eyes and lips I think she'd look more like her actual age. But, the DCC didn't change her look at ALL, which I find really odd.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I guess I don't see what everyone else does with Kelli Q. I think she's beautiful and looks great. She doesn't look old to me at all. She just has no body fat so her face is lean.

Yeah I'm not seeing it either. I think she still looks like she's in her 20's for sure. Put her next to 13 year old Heather though and I can see where she might look older but I think she's gorgeous.

can we talk about Mandy? Holy hotness

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

I guess I don't see what everyone else does with Kelli Q. I think she's beautiful and looks great. She doesn't look old to me at all. She just has no body fat so her face is lean.

I'm with you on that.  I can only dream of having a body like Kelli Q.  Her abs are ridiculous! She doesn't look at all "old" in my book...I would say more mature than some of the other girls.      

Why does it seem like we've been waiting FOREVER for this season of MTT to come out! Jeesh.  Too anxious!

• Love 3

I've seen Kelli in person many times. She's quite lovely and doesn't come across as though she's in her 30's (let alone 40's or Charlotte's age) I believe she is 28 or 29, not 30. I could be wrong.

She has a young at heart personality too. Not childish or immature, but fun, cheerful and carefree like a cheerleader should be.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Again, even in this she looks like Judy - if Judy were to wear non-age appropriate clothes and makeup.  It's something about her neck, and the coloring of her hair and makeup.  Sorry, but she looks a lot older than Colby and Chandler did.

Agree to disagree. For me, Colby looks at least ten years older. And yeah, I don't see the Judy resemblance either. Judy looks great, but I don't think her body looks like that, lol.

On the subject of Chandler, I never thought she looked old either. Her smile only looked bad when she was smiling extra big. Otherwise she was super cute.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: rookie cameos...  In general, they are "okay".  Tasha looks startled and it is odd.   Kelli Q looks old, but she looks old in almost every picture I've seen so far - I know this is bad, but often at first glance I think she is Judy, and her cameo has that effect too.  Madeline's cameo looks nice, but her face is lighter than her body some.

Re: vet cameos...  Megan looks really heavy.  Wow.  Raylees is really nice, and yeah, Holly's is an improvement.   Not sure what I think about Kashara's - I think they could have done better.   Robin's is really nice. 

Are there full cameos anywhere? I don't think Megan looks heavy from the headshot.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Again, even in this she looks like Judy - if Judy were to wear non-age appropriate clothes and makeup.  It's something about her neck, and the coloring of her hair and makeup.  Sorry, but she looks a lot older than Colby and Chandler did.

IMO yes, she looks much older in that picture as well.  From the neck down she looks great, but I'm just not seeing an HD face.

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

On the subject of Chandler, I never thought she looked old either. Her smile only looked bad when she was smiling extra big. Otherwise she was super cute.

I didn't either, I just recall her face getting wrinkly when she smiled so big.  I was sad for her that she didn't make it.

• Love 1
On August 11, 2016 at 0:18 PM, bigskygirl said:

Yes, I think that was the way he asked her. I thought it was about having a woman run for president. I still chuckle when he ask Natalie Wood the one question about who you would call if you had a chance to call someone before you die or something like that. I think she said Miss America or Miss USA.

It wasn’t Natalie Wood.  It was a pretty brunette who looked like Ashley Paige. I knew her name at one time. I will look.  Jessica something. 

• Love 1

Kelli definitely has that "older than her years Texas" look. At some point when you keep trying to look young, you just look older. 

I remeber when people discovered the sheet from Kitty a few years ago during deliberations that said Kelli was "so much prettier than Amelia". Honestly, Kelli kind of looks like Amelia past her prime.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

It wasn’t Natalie Wood.  It was a pretty brunette who looked like Ashley Paige. I knew her name at one time. I will look.  Jessica something. 

I thought it was Natalie from Season One. Oh well!!! Maybe Jay asked the same question to a different girl in a different season.

On August 11, 2016 at 0:27 AM, pink317 said:

Someone may have already posted this but SG practicing for an extra performance that will take place on game day. Judy posted a still pic from the rehearsal but below is a clip.

So fresh! What a nice surprise to see our DCC doing something current, sharp and fun!

20 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I see Jenn back there. They probably just switched the two and snapped a picture. Just to be assholes. ;)

Or more likely, they're super busy doing the important work of preparing the squad for the season. They're enjoying the different looks of the pyramid as routines rotate positions. 

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't think KQ looks close to 40, but I do think she looks older. And I think she replaced Kat with the teeny, pinched face look. I agree Chandler had that too, but her face was fuller. KQ is a pretty girl, but a whole lot  of her appeal comes from her being such a happy, joyful, giving and sweet spirit.  To me, as an outsider, KQ seems way more confident and fun to be around than Kat. But just based on looks, they are fighting some of the same features.

Kashara's pic is the type I hate most because it looks like her head is disconnected from the rest of her. I'm glad there are no arms above the head poses but those with the head that way look just as bad to me. Kelsey's is the same way. I don't know if it's the backwards lean or what but it just looks wrong.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I recently lost 52 pounds and I think I look older because of it. I have thought of even gaining a few pounds back to see if it will go to my face.LOL!

• Love 5

Now that I'm closer to 30 than I am to 25, I feel that 30 is no longer old lol but FWIW, both Kelli and Jinelle had visible lines on their faces during the Oxnard M&G that the other ladies did not have, even Jenn K who I think is closing in on 30. They were sitting next to Robin and looked about 10 years older than her.. which I think is correct. She doesn't look like a senior citizen but next to a 19 year old, you can see the difference.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Or more likely, they're super busy doing the important work of preparing the squad for the season. They're enjoying the different looks of the pyramid as routines rotate positions. 

Can't tell if serious? My post was 90% snark and only 10% serious, but if you really don't think they're just trying to confuse people by posting a pic with a two year vet at the head of the squad...eh, moving on.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Now that I'm closer to 30 than I am to 25, I feel that 30 is no longer old lol but FWIW, both Kelli and Jinelle had visible lines on their faces during the Oxnard M&G that the other ladies did not have, even Jenn K who I think is closing in on 30. They were sitting next to Robin and looked about 10 years older than her.. which I think is correct. She doesn't look like a senior citizen but next to a 19 year old, you can see the difference.

Of course there will be a difference in looks when you're comparing women who are separated by ten years. But there is a difference in looking older than others, versus looking old. The DCC has women ranging from 18 all the way to 30-ish. I can get behind the fact that they don't keep women off of their squad for not being 20 years old. The women on the squad are all still beautiful despite having lines or not. I guess I just have a different idea of what looks old. Kelli (Finglass) doesn't even look old to me.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Of course there will be a difference in looks when you're comparing women who are separated by ten years. But there is a difference in looking older than others, versus looking old. The DCC has women ranging from 18 all the way to 30-ish. I can get behind the fact that they don't keep women off of their squad for not being 20 years old. The women on the squad are all still beautiful despite having lines or not. I guess I just have a different idea of what looks old. Kelli (Finglass) doesn't even look old to me.

Ya'll just wait until you are past 50!  I barely even remember being 30 and would not want to go back (unless I can also keep the wisdom I've gotten since then).  

After watching other groups performing, I can truly appreciate the preciseness of the DCC.  K & J and the leaders must work their butts off teaching and the girls themselves have to have something in them to be able to endure the pressure and perform with such perfection.  I think I realize now why there are some one-timers.  It is frankly just a whole lot of work and it was supposed to be more "fun."

• Love 9

Some of the cheerleaders are probably exhausted after a year on this team.  It is probably a rush the first year, but after that, I think only the fabulous, strong dancers continue for more than 2 years. My problem with Kelli & Judy is the negativity towards the team during practices, and that is just what is filmed.  I wonder what it is like when no cameras are rolling.  The shouting at the cheerleaders grates on my nerves and makes Kelli & Judy sometimes look uncouth. There are better ways to get your point across.  As much as they state these cheerleaders are accomplished women, sometimes they treat them as 12 year olds. I feel they should hone their management style a little bit better.  A previous TCC Kali wrote that during camp she only saw Kelli & Judy during CMT filming.  I think most of the credit for the team belongs to the behind the scene dance coaches, leaders etc, and Kelli & Judy show up once everyone has learned it.  When there was a problem with Caila during her rookie year, they called in a coach. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Some of the cheerleaders are probably exhausted after a year on this team.  It is probably a rush the first year, but after that, I think only the fabulous, strong dancers continue for more than 2 years. My problem with Kelli & Judy is the negativity towards the team during practices, and that is just what is filmed.  I wonder what it is like when no cameras are rolling.  The shouting at the cheerleaders grates on my nerves and makes Kelli & Judy sometimes look uncouth. There are better ways to get your point across.  As much as they state these cheerleaders are accomplished women, sometimes they treat them as 12 year olds. I feel they should hone their management style a little bit better.  A previous TCC Kali wrote that during camp she only saw Kelli & Judy during CMT filming.  I think most of the credit for the team belongs to the behind the scene dance coaches, leaders etc, and Kelli & Judy show up once everyone has learned it.  When there was a problem with Caila during her rookie year, they called in a coach. 

I agree, does Judy ever say anything nice to the girls when they're working their tiny tails off?

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, winenotwhine said:

Ok, haven't contributed much since auditions, but something you all may find interesting:

Auto Amy is auditioning for the Golden State Warriors dance team today. First-hand knowledge. 

Good!  I hope that means we never see her on another season of Making the Team.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I recently lost 52 pounds and I think I look older because of it. I have thought of even gaining a few pounds back to see if it will go to my face.LOL!

Congratulations SandieDog!  I want to say "I'm proud of you for reaching that success" Great Job! 

I'm dealing with my decade long lbs creep of 50 pounds. As a former dancer, I've been incredibly demoralized & just embarrassed by my appearance.  My 40's were filled with fighting breast cancer & 2 hip replacements (my sweet hubs).  Toss is an early onset menopause and...ugh, my figure.?  On a positive note; just lost the first 10...only 40 to go.

Our DCC should all be lean & lovely.  Megan is fighting genetics period. Kelli (imo) appears much older than the rest and not in a good way.  Amy...oh, Amy. I think she looks "big"...still.  I also think her hair OFTEN appears flat & greasy?  Yes, her face (itself....no hair) is pretty but the rest is not. Jmo folks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, winenotwhine said:

Ok, haven't contributed much since auditions, but something you all may find interesting:

Auto Amy is auditioning for the Golden State Warriors dance team today. First-hand knowledge. 

Maybe because she knows Jasmine she thinks it will get her on to the team.

I wonder if Amy will ever come back to audition for the DCC.  However, I think it will all depend on what was said in the office on her last visit.  If she was encouraged to come back and try again, especially since she made it to the last night, then whatever she decides will be HER choice and not made from the pressures of being filmed and everything that was said about her on the Internet (among other things).  If she was told not to bother coming back because it just was never going to happen for whatever reason, then it's good she's moving on and she won't have to wonder "what if".  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I agree, does Judy ever say anything nice to the girls when they're working their tiny tails off?

I am sure she does.  I remember Erica had a sweet picture of her and Judy that she posted on Judy's birthday like "love her!"  Judy is strict because she needs to be but I think she is encouraging and kind when it calls for it. JMO. 

And that would be awesome if Amy made Warriors!! I would love to see her get some major experience like that! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

In season 1 (2006) Kelli called Brooke and Kandi in to say they looked good after losing weight and were doing a great job. Judy was in there too but I don't rememebr what she said if she did say anything.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Y'all I love you guys, but KQ does not look 40. ???? I say this as someone who is 5 years away from 40, and has lots of friends who are pushing 40. She looks about 30. She is not as fresh faced as most of the girls, which makes her appear older. 

• Love 3