Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Oakville …. Joe is tired of people shouting at debates? Has he met himself? And. Chris C….Nikki Haley can take care of herself; she doesn’t need you to defend her. 
Did anyone pick up on him throwing shade at John Heilemann? Apparently Christie is feeling his oats.  But it is inevitable that he will cross the line with one or both of  The Twins.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 12/5/2023 at 3:16 PM, Kemper said:

From what I saw (I think I missed the beginning) it was just Willie and Lemire with Liz  Cheney in the studio…with no Joe talking. Really good interview.  Then it switched to The Twins in whatever room/studio they inhabit. 

But yes, Joe simply had to bring up his stellar political career. With Newt G. He embarrassed himself today. 

Being mostly absent during the key MJ interviews and only bothering to interject with sneering sarcasm during the Cheney and Sgt. Gonell segments was incredibly frustrating to watch and in the case of Gonell I found it really disrespectful. But yes - at least we got to hear about Joe's political career. That he quit over two decades ago.

3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Did anyone pick up on him throwing shade at John Heilemann? Apparently Christie is feeling his oats.  But it is inevitable that he will cross the line with one or both of  The Twins.

MJ has turned Christie into their new Trump - giving him all the airtime he wants so he can insult the regulars and talk about how terrible the current president is whilst ignoring the fact that Christie was just fine with Trump when Christie needed a political lifeline after Bridgegate. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Dovetails beautifully with KYV.  

Several years ago on the show, Mika thanked Joe for chaperoning her during her book tours. Her husband was unavailable, so Joe agreed to sit next to Mika & keep any rowdy males from flirting with her while she signed the books.

• LOL 6

Mika got very mad with Tal Heinrich who is a spokesperson for Bibi. She demanded to know why the military didn't show up for hours after the attacks in Israel. She would not wait for the results of the inquiry. Mika forgot that Hamas used drones to attack the cameras.

Mika said when she orders Uber Eats they arrive within 30 minutes. The military should be quicker.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

The way I interpreted Mika's comment yesterday was that how can there be an acceptable explanation for the IDF hours long response to the attack that happened on 10/7

She talked about cellphone usage, availability of panic buttons and the like

Yet victims were terrorized for hours (children hiding in closets for up to 14 hours after there parents and siblings had been killed or kidnapped)

She was truly astonished that one of the world's most effective militaries was caught so shocked 

• Like 1

I have to say after Willie and Lemire were letting the Netanyahu spokeswoman off pretty easy, Mika coming in and lighting her up was pretty awesome. 

I didn't hear the UberEats comment, but the spokeswoman was, shall we say, not being completely forthcoming in her answers. 

And for her to say "we'll discuss the delay in responding when the time is right" was ten pounds of BS shoved in a five pound bag.  I wish Mika would have asked her about the hospital in Gaza. That would have been icing on one of her cakes, for sure. 

• Like 2

Pablo T appearance this morning! With no Joe interrupting with his vast sports knowledge and Meeka not having to listen to the discussion… it was a fun segment. And yes, we can have those sometimes. They were teasing him about his “blue” shirt; hinting that he had dressed in the right color for the network. And a Nick Confessori sighting - again, no Joe interrupting.

• Like 3
On 12/8/2023 at 11:20 AM, Kemper said:

Please tell me you are making this up. 🤡

On 12/9/2023 at 8:17 AM, tres bien said:

The way I interpreted Mika's comment yesterday was that how can there be an acceptable explanation for the IDF hours long response to the attack that happened on 10/7

She talked about cellphone usage, availability of panic buttons and the like

Yet victims were terrorized for hours (children hiding in closets for up to 14 hours after there parents and siblings had been killed or kidnapped)

She was truly astonished that one of the world's most effective militaries was caught so shocked 

This was discussed with Admiral Stravidis again this morning 

• Like 2

Keep hammering the response time, Joe.  At this point it's the least of Bibi's problem.  As the entire panel says,  It's just another of his horrendous decisions that is not helping his people or the Palestinians. 

How is it  that until yesterday, US media didn't pick up on the  story they covered  about Netanyahu funneling money to Hamas thru Quatar? It's been in Israeli press for YEARS!   I just re Googled it and there's a story from 2018 about this.  Doesn't our former Congressman and Mrs KYV have a staff with access to the internet?  They cover news and he knows EVERYONE and everything about everything. I appreciate if US media was confirming the story but it's not like it was a blurb in a tabloid. it was widely known.  I guess except for our hapless media, too interested in Trump and Taylor. 

I saw it a couple weeks after Oct 7 when someone on another forum mentioned it and I was so astounded I had to look it up. 

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 4

I cannot believe they have Matthews on again. Wasn't he fired for inappropriate behavior toward women, Mika????   WT ever loving F?? 

Why not have Halperin and Lauer on and complete the trifecta of creeps?

Know Your Value my ass. 

Gotta love Mika calling him "former MSNBC host". Yeah I guess that's one way of putting "fired in disgrace ". 

JFC 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Did Joe take some Time Off during the show? I tuned in around 7 and saw a whole lot of Chris Matthews, Mika and others … but no Joe. During the discussions - the kind that Joe always dominates - he was nowhere to be found. Came back around 8 - and there he was. Is it just me that finds his absences happening more often?

• Like 1
On 12/12/2023 at 7:29 AM, SeanBug said:

cannot believe they have Matthews on again. Wasn't he fired for inappropriate behavior toward women, Mika????

Ha!  I'm not a fan of people being punished for poor judgment by losing their careers, retirement, etc.   Actually I think it's pretty decent of them to give Matthews another chance.   They did the same for Alexi McCammon, who certainly didn't deserve to be made a leper for stupid remarks she made in college.

• Like 2

Joe got into an argument with the Israeli journalist Naval over the IDF response time to the terrorist attack on October 7th. Joe has worked hard on his talking points, and the IDF hasn't done anything for hours. Joe is mad at Israel, telling Qatar to finance Hamas. Joe's head was shaking.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

Joe is yelling at Eddie Glaude. He told Eddie that he had no idea what was going on college campuses. Joe said there is too much antisemitism & kids were bubble-wrapped and afraid to state unpopular opinions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is yelling at Eddie Glaude. He told Eddie that he had no idea what was going on college campuses. Joe said there is too much antisemitism & kids were bubble-wrapped and afraid to state unpopular opinions.

Good. Maybe Eddie Fraud won't come back.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Except Eddie teaches at a university and Joe sits on his ass in his basement studio making a fool of himself on the reg. 

Did Joe see anyone at one of these campus rallies screaming about killing Jewish people?  Or were they protesting the treatment of Palestinians by Netanyahu and calling for a two state solution? 

Also Joe, as a lawyer, albeit a dumb one, you have heard of the Constitution, correct?  Free speech? 

I'm glad I missed this insanity. My sister texted me that shit was going down and I was so happy I was binging the last six episodes of The Crown and wasn't about to turn it off for Scarborough's bullshit. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Except Eddie teaches at a university and Joe sits on his ass in his basement studio making a fool of himself on the reg. 

Did Joe see anyone at one of these campus rallies screaming about killing Jewish people?  Or were they protesting the treatment of Palestinians by Netanyahu and calling for a two state solution? 

Joe said some of his children went to college in the past 5 years & he also spoke to a neighbor that had a child attending college.

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe got into an argument with the Israeli journalist Naval over the IDF response time to the terrorist attack on October 7th. Joe has worked hard on his talking points, and the IDF hasn't done anything for hours. Joe is mad at Israel, telling Qatar to finance Hamas. Joe's head was shaking.

Joe and Mika have grabbed onto the talking points re the IDF and their response time during attack. It is depressing and cynical to listen to on a seemingly endless loop.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2023 at 9:04 PM, Kemper said:

Joe and Mika have grabbed onto the talking points re the IDF and their response time during attack. It is depressing and cynical to listen to on a seemingly endless loop.

If only they would get past one idea or side and read about what is happening now instead of 2 1/2 months ago.   Also, don't compare it to Sept 11. There are fire houses just blocks from WTC and police are out patrolling normally when the planes hit.  Of course they were able to get there faster. 

Not to excuse the response time, or the fact Netanyahu let it happen on his watch. 

Joe and Mika are like a toddler, who when they make Mom and Dad laugh, they keep doing the same thing over and over and over again. Til Mom and Dad are like "okay that's enough". Too bad there are no parents at MSNBC to tell them to stfu.  

Wonder if Joe has been sent to his room after his little hissy fit Friday. A few weeks without him would be the greatest Christmas present of all! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Joe and Mika are like a toddler, who when they make Mom and Dad laugh, they keep doing the same thing over and over and over again. Til Mom and Dad are like "okay that's enough". Too bad there are no parents at MSNBC to tell them to stfu.  

Wonder if Joe has been sent to his room after his little hissy fit Friday. A few weeks without him would be the greatest Christmas present of all! 

Joe used to brag that he was best friends with the head of MSNBC, so it's unlikely that anyone can reign him in.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

so it's unlikely that anyone can reign him in.

His wife surely can't.

I just drive-by the show now and then, since I loathe the hosts and the format, yet every single time I've seen Mika the Inquisitor shrieking "where were the sirens, where were the phone calls, blah blah blah". Time to move on, dear.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe used to brag that he was best friends with the head of MSNBC, so it's unlikely that anyone can reign him in.

I remember that.  Was it Chris Licht or someone before?

6 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

His wife surely can't.

I just drive-by the show now and then, since I loathe the hosts and the format, yet every single time I've seen Mika the Inquisitor shrieking "where were the sirens, where were the phone calls, blah blah blah". Time to move on, dear.

Remember when someone here used to call it her "cry reading" ..... a cross between shrill and sobbing. It is too bad that she sometimes has a good point to make; but  the hysteria when she tries to Make The Point kind of ruins it.

• Like 2

I remember that.  Was it Chris Licht or someone before?

It was Phil Griffin. Licht was the executive producer of the show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Griffin

Remember when someone here used to call it her "cry reading" ..... a cross between shrill and sobbing. It is too bad that she sometimes has a good point to make; but  the hysteria when she tries to Make The Point kind of ruins it.

It was me. Mika began to cry read during the pandemic. She was crying because she had to take her mom to the hospital for medical tests, but there were sick people at the hospital suffering from Covid and were not kept away from her mom.

• Like 3

Joe is mad at Trump for making statements about various dictators supporting him. Joe is also mad at media critics whom he calls clowns for complaining about his reporting on Trump.

Mika was wearing a bathrobe today. Her lipstick was on the table next to her. She tried to pick it up but someone told her to put it down while they were filming.

Meacham said words matter. People should be warned about Trump.

• Like 2

Elise Jordan is worried about 50 million low-information voters caring more about how they feel about the economy & possibly voting for Trump rather than voting.

Sharpton said Trump was racist to talk about immigrants poisoning the blood of America.

Joe is shouting at Biden. He demands that Biden send his staff to the campaign .

Joe wants them to work on the campaign.

Joe said Trump could cancel TV shows & execute generals.

Lemire is worried that Trump could still win even if he is convicted.

It's strange because last summer, Joe assured viewers that Trump couldn't win an election against Biden.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was wearing a bathrobe today. Her lipstick was on the table next to her. She tried to pick it up but someone told her to put it down while they were filming.

Meacham said words matter.

plumbago blues says appearance matters.

Edited by plumbago blues
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Joe could have been an excellent, MVP football player. 

Yeah. 🙄

Joe said he played football when he was in high school. He was very popular and scored many touchdowns. Joe excelled at yelling out plays for the team to follow. His mom wanted him to become a lawyer, so he gave up the sport.

• LOL 2
45 minutes ago, millennium said:

Why do they keep raiding the nursing homes to bring in panelists like Walter Isaacson?

I love him. Big reason? I am about his age. I find him never bombastic or smug and full of himself. Our host (especially) and a few regulars can sometimes make my head hurt.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Lemire is hosting alone today with Elise Jordan & Rev Al. The top story was Trump sent an angry tweet complaining about crime. Biden gave updates by Norad on where Santa Claus was.

Elise gave her daughter a rainbow frog.

Rev Al served meals to poor people at the National Action Network. He served 1500 meals. The mayor of New York attended his event.

Lemire is worried about Trump's state of mind. He may be too angry to be President again.

• Like 2

Wille & Lemire hosted today. Willie hyped a pre-taped segment with Mika interviewing Huma Abedin on women's achievements in 2023. Huma was married to Anthony Weiner.

Abortion rights will be a crucial issue in 2024.

Huma was promoted to Mika's Vice Chair during the next 30-50 summit.

Huma said Hillary Clinton will be a guest speaker at the next summit.

• Like 1

Oakville....Please please tell me you are making this up.  Meeka? Barbie?  Well, that one I guess I can see.

Who actually has an interest in the Forbes list?  Other than the women who are on the list. Most of them well-connected and/or rich before they made the list.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Oakville....Please please tell me you are making this up.  Meeka? Barbie?  Well, that one I guess I can see.

Who actually has an interest in the Forbes list?  Other than the women who are on the list. Most of them well-connected and/or rich before they made the list.

Nobody even knows what the Forbes list is other than Mika and her "friends".

Why isn't Mika interested in Ruby Freeman and Shay Moss being part of her KYV? Last week she was practically in tears over what they have endured

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

It's true ! Mika will invite them to come to Dubai for her festival in March.

Mika hinted that Joe will be a guest speaker at the conference.

17 hours ago, Kemper said:

Mika does have a contest each year where she invites some people who apply online to be a guest.

Mika's hairstyle & makeup artists do accompany her to Dubai. It can get windy there in March.

• LOL 2

Oakville - I honestly cannot come up with a snappy comeback to this.  Funny while at the same time depressing.  It is like Marie Antoinette meets Mother Theresa. And she is married to a king whose name is not Louis the 14th.  😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/28/2023 at 10:59 AM, oakville said:

Mika will invite them to come to Dubai for her festival in March

Her festival. OMG, too funny! The Forbes thing is just a bunch of connected women congratulating and gushing over other similarly connected women. What a fraud to call it any kind of empowerment seminar or whatever. There's nothing of value for everyday working women, IMO. It's just a corporate- sponsored vacation and shopping trip. And Huma Abedin? She's a bit long in the tooth, now, isn't she? Mika doesn't look too far beyond her stable of insiders.

Did anyone here take a look at her KYV Christmas message? Yikes. No joy or merriment there. She has such low self esteem. I'm sorry she struggles but I feel even sorrier for Joe. She seems mired in the past and so sad.

Poor Lemire. For a guy to work so much and so hard and get zero "buzz"...you'd think we'd see articles in the usual "News About the News" sites but I, at least, never do. I never see him quoted anywhere. (I'm not a MSNBC aficionado so maybe he IS a big deal.) I hope his compensation is somewhere near the (part-time) hosts. (Yeah, no.)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 12/27/2023 at 1:41 PM, oakville said:

Mika was excited about Beyonce , Barbie & Taylor Swift gaining popularity.

Yes I'm sure Bey & Tay needed more popularity. 

As far as Barbie, I thought she didn't like pop culture and was above all that nonsense.  Mika, Barbie dolls and that movie are not role models for young women, and dressing a piece of plastic up like an astronaut doesn't inspire girls to get into STEM classes.

I was LOL at the comments about Joe and the Rose Bowl. When Mika said "Joe will be fine, he loves a good game", I was like "Have you met your husband??" When Lemire laughed about that bad play AL called at the end of the game, Joe's head would have exploded. 

But him staying off air and pouting is a gift. So, win/win. Michigan and viewers. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 12/29/2023 at 4:08 PM, plumbago blues said:

Did anyone here take a look at her KYV Christmas message? Yikes. No joy or merriment there.

Puts a blow up santa on her front stoop.
Consciously records and shares via socials that Xmas and commercialism is beneath her.  She's ironic, edgy,  serious.
Adrienne Elrod's and Ali Vitali's thirsty sucking up in the comments is pretty cringey.   "LITERALLY EPIC! LITERALLY!!"

She drove her vintage, teak lobster boat to Bar Harbor to get her Golden Goose sneakers to kick santa because she's above commercialism and synthetic imagery.

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 10.45.49 AM 2.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Puts a blow up santa on her front stoop.
Consciously records and shares via socials that Xmas and commercialism is beneath her.  She's ironic, edgy,  serious.
Adrienne Elrod's and Ali Vitali's thirsty sucking up in the comments is pretty cringey.   "LITERALLY EPIC! LITERALLY!!"

She drove her vintage, teak lobster boat to Bar Harbor to get her Golden Goose sneakers to kick santa because she's above commercialism and synthetic imagery.

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 10.45.49 AM 2.png

I scrolled thru those pics, did she give her daughter a dog dish?  

That's the present she holds up? The dog dish?  Christmas must be a barrel of laughs (followed by yelling and slamming doors). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1