Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

It's definitely reached the point where Joe should simply call it a day and retire.  He's never there.  He's either off the entire day or disappears after 8:00am and never returns.  They do a 6-8am show, then an hour of repeats from the 6-8am show and then they come back at 9:00am (usually minus Joe).  Yeah Joe, those 2-hour workdays must really be exhausting!  There was really no good reason to extend this show to 3 hours.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently Joe saved up all his bullshit for this morning. 

For someone who knows he talks too much, he sure won't shut up. Even Mika has told him to stop talking about when he was in Congress.  

Edited by SeanBug
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Moderators...I don't mean this to be political; so please don't punish me.   I just watched Joe bloviate about how much better off we are than we were four years ago. This is a subject that is discussed several times a week. At least.

I am not an Old Country Lawyer; I am on old retired librarian.  Joe - you, Donnie, Miss KYV, Elise, Jennifer P, etc. live insulated lives.   People are in sticker shock at the grocery store, car dealerships, cost of housing. So no, economically, many many people say they are not better off.  At least where I live.

It doesn't take a political analyst to see why many polls are where they are. 

Edited by Kemper
technically challenged
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Moderators...I don't mean this to be political; so please don't punish me.   I just watched Joe bloviate about how much better off we are than we were four years ago. This is a subject that is discussed several times a week. At least.

I am not an Old Country Lawyer; I am on old retired librarian.  Joe - you, Donnie, Miss KYV, Elise, Jennifer P, etc. live insulated lives.   People are in sticker shock at the grocery store, car dealerships, cost of housing. So no, economically, many many people say they are not better off.  At least where I live.

They might not be better off than they were four years ago but if they pay attention to what's planned if a new administration is in charge it'll scare the beJesus out of them 

• Like 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, tres bien said:

They might not be better off than they were four years ago but if they pay attention to what's planned if a new administration is in charge it'll scare the beJesus out of them 

Absolutely.  I think it was Tip O'Neil who famously said "all politics is local" .... Joe, of all people, should know this.  That is what I maybe didn't explain well.  

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

True, but Joe said cable news host salaries are at record levels.

• LOL 2

Joe complained about down-ballot Republicans not getting money from the RNC because Lara Trump is giving money to pay Trump's legal bills.

Joe said Trump's campaign is broke.

Joe complained about polls showing Trump leading Biden.

Joe said the pollsters are not interviewing enough Democratic-leaning voters.

Joe was mad at his mom for giving money to the PTL club.

Joe told his mom that Tammy Fay Baker was a fraud.

Jennifer Palmieri was excited that Biden had more campaign contributions than Trump. She should recall that Hillary Clinton raised more money than Trump in 2016.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

JFC, Joe is out of his mind this morning.  Screeching.  Bloviating like he's competing for the Olympic bloviating squad.  He's gonna pull a muscle.

True. This is why MSNBC allows Joe to take 1-2 days off weekly and let him leave the show after 7:30 am. They don't want Joe to miss covering the election.

Joe will have several rants prepared for this fall.

• LOL 1

Joe said he grew up using Crest toothpaste. Nothing would convince him to use Colgate.

Joe blamed Republicans for migrants overrunning the border. Trump killed the bill.

Donny & Elise agreed with Joe.

• Like 1

Joe said he ran a successful campaign ad in a newspaper outlining his opponents' words. It was a breakthrough that everyone in Congress admired.

Mika said she is better off than she was 4 years ago. She said she is happy that MSNBC allows her to work from home in a state that doesn't levy income taxes. Mika says MSNBC knows her value.

• LOL 2

Summary of every show: hot mess hosted by two privileged people that think they are experts on every subject and enabled by mostly dull and boring guests.

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1

Joe went on a rant against Bibi. He has 3 indictments. He will go to jail when the war ends.

Joe said he was a strong supporter of Israel. Joe said he was taught in Sunday school that Jews were God's chosen people.

Joe said Bibi's motives have to be questioned.

Elise is worried about starvation in Gaza. She supports Israel getting rid of Hamas tunnels.

Eddie said young Democrats won't show up if Biden continues to support Bibi.

Mika began moaning when Eddie started quoting the Old Testament.

Mika thought she was named after the  Old Testament book of Micah.

• Mind Blown 1

The top story today was Trump's legal problems.

At 6:14 am, Mika & Joe addressed the decision on NBC News to hire Ronna McDaniel without consulting Joe. Joe is opposed to her hiring.  Joe said Ronna supported Trump's fake elector scheme & pressured election officials not to certify the vote.

Mika said Conservative Republicans should be allowed to appear on the network. She wants NBC to reconsider their decision.

They played clips of her interview on MTP. Mika called it exhausting.

Joe called it a sickness in the GOP.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

At 6:14 am, Mika & Joe addressed the decision on NBC News to hire Ronna McDaniel without consulting Joe. Joe is opposed to her hiring.  Joe said Ronna supported Trump's fake elector scheme & pressured election officials not to certify the vote.

Mika said Conservative Republicans should be allowed to appear on the network. She wants NBC to reconsider their decision.

When Chuck Todd  calls out NBC News, you know there's trouble,  Todd apologized to Kristen Welker for being put in the position of having Ronna on MTP. 

Well if there's one thing Mika should know, it's being  an exhausting on air tv host.  Maybe she can teach Ronna how to scribble on a note pad and hold her Starbucks so everyone sees the expensive rings she wears. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Interesting interview with Rory Kennedy about her new documentary on HBO. Mika went to Madeira around the same time as Rory. Mika asked her to recite the motto of the school. Rory couldn't remember the motto.

Feistina Londo, Make haste slowly & a snail was the mascot.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I was glad that they addressed the elephant in the room early on this morning.

But Mika really hit the jackpot when CNN aired her comments.

The CNN media reporter thinks this is so bad for NBC that might have to rethink their decision 🤔

• Like 6
On 3/22/2024 at 3:27 PM, oakville said:

True, but Joe said cable news host salaries are at record levels.

Well, no self-awareness there. 

6 hours ago, oakville said:

When is it not?

At least this morning I got Pablo and Mike Lupica.  After that I was out. And yes, Meeka was continually scribbling something on her pad of paper. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

I was glad that they addressed the elephant in the room early on this morning.

But Mika really hit the jackpot when CNN aired her comments.

The CNN media reporter thinks this is so bad for NBC that might have to rethink their decision 🤔

The cable networks are like Mean Girls. They revel in each other's problems. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

The cable networks are like Mean Girls. They revel in each other's problems. 

Yes! But CNN dodged a bullet and they're probably happy that MSNBC won the bidding war for Ronna

• Like 3

The top story today was the collapse of the bridge in Baltimore. It was hit by a cargo ship. There could be up to 20 dead people in the water.

Joe was happy that Biden is tied with Trump in Michigan, and Pennsylvania & leading by 1 point in Wisconsin.

Trump doesn't have money for campaign events.

Joe said he was right in predicting that Biden would recover after the SOTU speech.

Joe is concerned about Trump leading in Arizona & Georgia.

The UN Security Council passed a resolution for a ceasefire in GAZA. There was no condemnation of Hamas. Israel is mad at the USA.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

The top story today was the collapse of the bridge in Baltimore. It was hit by a cargo ship. There could be up to 20 dead people in the water.

Joe was happy that Biden is tied with Trump in Michigan, and Pennsylvania & leading by 1 point in Wisconsin.

Trump doesn't have money for campaign events.

Joe said he was right in predicting that Biden would recover after the SOTU speech.

Joe is concerned about Trump leading in Arizona & Georgia.

Wasn't it a couple weeks ago Joe and others were realizing how fucked up polls are re the Presidential election?  In GA & AZ they must have gone to the rural areas for these polls.  Take the poll in Atlanta. See what the results are then. 

Joe would claim he's "right" when saying "remember when I told you 2 + 2 = 4???  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tres bien said:

To Steve Ratner. Look back at your 2016 fundraising charts and ask President Hillary Clinton how that worked out for her 

Yet another reason to get rid of the electoral college, and better secure voting machines. Fund raising as a rule is a good guideline as to how a candidate is doing. 

Vetting Presidential candidates for security clearances would go a long way to getting better candidates.... just saying. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

Wasn't it a couple weeks ago Joe and others were realizing how fucked up polls are re the Presidential election?  In GA & AZ they must have gone to the rural areas for these polls.  Take the poll in Atlanta. See what the results are then. 

Joe would claim he's "right" when saying "remember when I told you 2 + 2 = 4???  

Joe considers himself to be one of the best election poll analysts on cable tv. He knew that the polls would turn around for Biden. In past campaigns, he would spend large portions of the show touting polls that showed Biden & Clinton leading Trump. Joe used to mock Nate Silver of 538.com for being too focused on data models.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 4:02 PM, oakville said:

Mika said she is better off than she was 4 years ago.

Me too.  I was unemployed due to Covid and my father died, likely from Covid.   Trying to escape her grief, my mother immediately sold the family home, so that was also lost.

I'm back on my feet now, so is everyone I know.   Inflation has taken a toll, but this is a global problem, not exclusive to the United States.  

On 3/25/2024 at 11:33 AM, oakville said:

Mika asked her to recite the motto of the school. Rory couldn't remember the motto.

Awkward moment.   "Mika, I am going to have to ask you to remind me."

How do you forget that you attended a school where the mascot is a snail?

Edited by millennium
  • Like 6
(edited)

Notable alumnae[edit]

See also: Category:Madeira School alumni

Brooke Astor, philanthropist, socialite, and writer

Mary Lincoln Beckwith, descendant of Abraham Lincoln

Stephania Bell, physical therapist and commentator

Christina Bellin, model and socialite

Clara López, former Colombian minister of labour

Blair Brown, actress

Campbell Brown, anchor and news reporter

Mika Brzezinski, journalist, talk show host, commentator, and author

Well... while the above is all technically accurate, is it really actually accurate?  Debatable, right?
She's in the same list as an Astor and a Lincoln. 
"Notable?" eh 
"Journalist?"  c'mon now. 
"Commentator?"  Possibly?   
I presume she's authored her books on her own so that squares.   
And I think "oftentimes talk show host" is most accurate.

Wouldn't Mika, Campbell Brown, Blair Brown, Rory Kennedy, and a few other notable 56 yr old alumnae be besties?  Went to high school together for four years with only 200 or so other girls, dads all had the same kind of job so same parties, lived nearby... I guess she was socially awkward.
Yes it's a wildly privileged environment, but it's her tribe.  You'd think she'd leverage the bonkers connections she has just from high school to produce mentoring programs or the like.  This dovetails into KYV perfectly.  Perfectly.  Many of the alumnae are actual philanthropists.

Edited by Lowcountry snark
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

They had Yamiche Alcindor reporting live from US Supreme Court this morning. I haven't seen her on Morning Joe in years, I thought she was banned, but perhaps it was an extended time out, or they couldn't get anyone else to stand out there in the cold so early in the morning.

How hypocritical of this show and other MSNBC shows to rail against Ronna Romney McDaniel for spreading the misinformation but in the same hour or day showcase Alcindor who has continually misreported events that she was covering and given questionable to flat-out wrong analysis. Alcindor was also on The Eleventh Hour on the same day as the Rep. Boebert interview and unfortunately Boebert didn't call her out.

I am an adult and I can handle different types of views but will not tolerate bad reporting from Alcindor.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Mika Brzezinski, journalist, talk show host, commentator, and author

Hold on, now. Mika is the Founder and the Leader of The Know Your Value Movement!!!  Surely the Alumni department is aware of that. Can't believe they haven't updated her bio.

3 hours ago, millennium said:

Mika said she is better off than she was 4 years ago.

Of course she did!  We'd ALL be better off if we had million dollar salaries which were regularly increased by our agents' negotiating for us. She's so full of crap.

• Applause 3
5 hours ago, mispickel said:

How hypocritical of this show and other MSNBC shows to rail against Ronna Romney McDaniel for spreading the misinformation but in the same hour or day showcase Alcindor who has continually misreported events that she was covering and given questionable to flat-out wrong analysis.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Yamiche was ever instrumental in an attempted coup.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, millennium said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think Yamiche was ever instrumental in an attempted coup.

I wasn't aware there was a problem with Yamiche, but agree she didn't try to help orchestrate a coup. 

My advice to the powers that be at NBC News, MSNBC et al:  Read the room.  You cannot hire people like McDaniel and not expect your employees/on air talent to revolt, and your viewers to say "fuck this, guess we'll watch CNN or I don't know read a newspaper". 

I mean, Chuck Todd was raked over the coals repeatedly for having certain politicians, or analysts, whatever on MTP and just let them blather on without saying "hold on, you know what you're saying is BS, right"?  To the point that they pushed him off MTP.  

• Like 2
17 hours ago, millennium said:

I wasn't referring to that. I remarked that it was a juxtaposition to have a MSNBC host say "facts matter" and then show Alcindor in the next segment. Notably, Alcindor tweeted at the 2021 NATO summit that Ukraine was being admitted to NATO. She does not have credibility as a foreign affairs reporter, so I'm inferring that her reporting on the US Supreme Court on Morning Joe and other shows is a better fit for her. I guess foreign affairs just isn't her "beat."

I have no idea about Yamiche....after the above comments I realized I had not seen her in a long time but always liked her.  

So I focus on wondering what Meeka might be thinking when she is busily scribbling her notes during discussions.  Grocery List? Questions that "must be asked" (remember that oldie but goodie?). Where KYV will be held next year? It is a little disrespectful toward the guest who is speaking. Lapping from my bowl of cream.

• Like 3
On 3/26/2024 at 4:27 PM, mispickel said:

They had Yamiche Alcindor reporting live from US Supreme Court this morning. I haven't seen her on Morning Joe in years, I thought she was banned, but perhaps it was an extended time out, or they couldn't get anyone else to stand out there in the cold so early in the morning.

Yamiche used to be a regular. She would speak very quickly and it was hard to follow her. .

• Like 4
23 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Hold on, now. Mika is the Founder and the Leader of The Know Your Value Movement!!!  Surely the Alumni department is aware of that. Can't believe they haven't updated her bio.

Of course she did!  We'd ALL be better off if we had million dollar salaries which were regularly increased by our agents' negotiating for us. She's so full of crap.

Mika used to let Joe negotiate her contracts for her. She also has an agent

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
54 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yamiche used to be a regular. She would speak very quickly and it was hard to follow her. .

Yes, Yamiche spoke so fast, I would just change the channel.  

• Like 2

When I tuned in, Willie and the guys were talking baseball, mainly Opening Day. I figured Joe was off because he would never miss a baseball discussion. When I clicked back, Joe was front and center with Meeka by his side. Doing her energetic scribbling. Now I seem to be fixated on how often and how much she engages in this pastime.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is where Know Your Value began.

But wasn't an important precursor to KYV the time Joe had a great deal of $ deposited in Mika's bank account without her knowledge.   

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-scarborough-on-his-pa_n_867524

Also, someone else read this article and Joe's comments and does it sound like they were together all the way back in 2008?   We knew there was monkey business going on BTS, but when he says "we woke up one morning" who is he talking about? 

FYI: Mika didn't divorce Jim Hoffer til 2016. 

Mika knows her value because she saw the deposit when she went online to check her bank balance. 

Oh the hypocrisy is strong with this one. 

• Applause 3

Big morning for Rev Al today. I caught the end of Lemire's show with the Rev and also on MJ

He knows Trump. But no one asks him why he isn't mobilizing all the black leaders to be in Detroit, Milwaukee and Philly

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The gloating and bragging this morning about the huge fundraiser last night and all the millions of dollars it raised seemed a bit unseemly. My grandmother would love that I just used that word! 

It seemed a bit over-the-top.  Maybe because I had already heard about it many many many times before Show even started this morning. But I do realize the star power that the even drew was a really big deal.

13 hours ago, Kemper said:

The gloating and bragging this morning about the huge fundraiser last night and all the millions of dollars it raised seemed a bit unseemly. My grandmother would love that I just used that word! 

It seemed a bit over-the-top.  Maybe because I had already heard about it many many many times before Show even started this morning. But I do realize the star power that the even drew was a really big deal.

The DNC would have raised even more money if Mika & Joe co-hosted the event.

• LOL 4

The top story today was Trump's social media postings. Mika said she went to church with Joe yesterday. the pastor gave a moving sermon without being interrupted by Joe.

Mika was outraged at Trump for rage-tweeting on Easter Sunday & trying to sell Bibles. Donny Deutsh couldn't believe Trump was setting himself up as a Messiah.

MTG  was mad at Biden for proclaiming March 31 as Transgender Day of Visibility. It has been celebrated every year since 2009.

• Like 3

Katty Kay was worried about misinformation on social media. Mika was happy with the Biden campaign ad which is trying to recruit Nikki Haley voters.

Mika liked the new insults that Biden was proposing being used against Trump. It will get under Trump's skin.

• Like 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was outraged at Trump for rage-tweeting on Easter Sunday & trying to sell Bibles. Donny Deutsh couldn't believe Trump was setting himself up as a Messiah.

After how many years of socializing with him; after how many years have they reported on his Presidency.  Outraged? Geez.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

After how many years of socializing with him; after how many years have they reported on his Presidency.  Outraged? Geez.

Agreed. It's amusing how Mika & the rest of the analysts act shocked at Trump's latest comments.

• Like 2