Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said Nikki Haley could be disqualified from attending her KYV festival if she endorses President Trump.

As if Nikki doesn't have enough to worry about already.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, oakville said:

She won't come on Morning Joe.

Ha! I'm sure Mika wouldn't invite her...Meeks doesn't know how to KYV when she's up against strong, successful women who aren't part of her liberal elitist cult. She'd sit silently, making sneering, mean-girl faces while Joe grilled Nikki.

1 hour ago, jenkait said:

Aimlessly scrolling Reddit this morning between orders of French toast, and came across the new Abu Dhabi event.

Wait! Hold up! Is there a sub for KYV? Or Mika? Or MJ? I'm up to my eyeballs over there, scrolling through adorable kittens, medical matters, housewives, food, etc. etc. and never once thought to look for those two!!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said DeSantis was weak because he allowed Trump to insult his wife.

The show played clips of Trump getting confused between Obama, Biden, Pelosi & Nikki Haley. The new term is calling Trump addled.

There was a good discussion with author Brian Klaas on the chaos theory.

• Like 4
(edited)

I was up early this morning and needed a distraction.  Pablo T was on - he and Joe discussed the weekend playoff games; Taylor Swift was mentioned, I think. Joe let him talk, Meeka didn't sigh; just a great back-and-forth between Joe and Pablo.  Then.  Did anyone hear the joke Joe made about Trump's bronzer?  He was apparently repeating it from another source.  I actually snort-laughed, Meeka was horrified.  It was a wonderful way to start the day.  I won't repeat the joke because it is probably  inappropriate.   Still....it was discussed on the show so maybe....but no. I did text it to my adult children. It got their day off to a great start, too. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 4

Pablo T is a welcome addition to the show. I enjoyed the football talk although I am very upset that the Buffalo Bills lost the game.

Joe was in a good mood today. He loves riffing on Trump. He called him Fat Elvis circa 1977.

• LOL 2

Joe is wearing his fleece top again. Joe said he & Mika predicted that Nikki Haley would become governor of SC after moderating a debate.

Heileman said Trump is furious at Haley for not quitting the race.

Heileman said that Haley will stay in the race until Super Tuesday. Trump could falter and have more legal problems.

Willie mocked all of Trump's statements.

Joe said Biden doesn't want to run against Haley.

• Like 1

Joe said it would be easy to defeat Iran in a war.

Joe said he is fed up with Iran causing problems in the Middle East.

Joe supports destroying their bases, infrastructure & oil fields.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

I guess Joe is so confident in his standing and importance at the network that he doesn't think twice about trumpeting possible controversial ideas.  That was quite the long sentence. 😉

47 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I guess Joe is so confident in his standing and importance at the network that he doesn't think twice about trumpeting possible controversial ideas.  That was quite the long sentence. 😉

Admiral Stravidis replied to Joe that the USA could damage some Iranian navy ships. He did not endorse a military attack on Iran. Joe considers himself to be an expert on US-Iranian affairs.

Joe said he used to watch the Shahs of Sunset reality tv show on Bravo.

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said it would be easy to defeat Iran in a war.

Joe said he is fed up with Iran causing problems in the Middle East.

Joe supports destroying their bases, infrastructure & oil fields.

I have to agree with Joe. I said to a coworker the other day I am sick and tired of Iran. We have been dealing with their bs since the 80's.  I don't think attacking them unless they blatantly attack Israel or one of our bases is reasonable, (like Joe has ever been reasonable)  but it is getting old.  How Iran thinks funding Hezbollah as their proxy is going to end Israel's existence is beyond me, when the US is Israel's number one ally, and we could bomb them back to the Middle Ages if we felt like it. 

I'm going to have to rely on Oakville and the rest of you for my MJ updates. Peacock removed the live stream from their site and I pulled the plug on cable a couple years ago.  

I'm kind of surprised Joe didn't put his foot down. He's losing at least 10 to 20 Peacock viewers. 😀

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, SeanBug said:

I have to agree with Joe. I said to a coworker the other day I am sick and tired of Iran. We have been dealing with their bs since the 80's.  I don't think attacking them unless they blatantly attack Israel or one of our bases is reasonable, (like Joe has ever been reasonable)  but it is getting old.  How Iran thinks funding Hezbollah as their proxy is going to end Israel's existence is beyond me, when the US is Israel's number one ally, and we could bomb them back to the Middle Ages if we felt like it. 

I'm going to have to rely on Oakville and the rest of you for my MJ updates. Peacock removed the live stream from their site and I pulled the plug on cable a couple years ago.  

I'm kind of surprised Joe didn't put his foot down. He's losing at least 10 to 20 Peacock viewers. 😀

If Dr Z was still alive, he would roast Joe over starting a war with Iran. Mika would freak out.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Remember when the whole show would head to NH for a few days, installed in some iconic bar for some lively conversation? I suppose supporting whatever they've got in FL plus 2 full studios every day cuts into that travel budget.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, oakville said:

If Dr Z was still alive, he would roast Joe over starting a war with Iran. Mika would freak out.

You'd think Joe, with his network of insiders from foreign heads of state, to Congress, the WH, the Pentagon, State Dept, etc. (JK, who in their right mind would take a phone call from a buffoon like Joe) would know  that thru third parties, probably Switzerland,  we are in talks with Iran to knock this shit off pronto.  Instead of screaming about destroying their infrastructure and military bases.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SG429 said:

Remember when the whole show would head to NH for a few days, installed in some iconic bar for some lively conversation? I suppose supporting whatever they've got in FL plus 2 full studios every day cuts into that travel budget.

Those shows were very entertaining. Mika used to spray whipped cream on cupcakes and offer them to guests at the end of their segments.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

You'd think Joe, with his network of insiders from foreign heads of state, to Congress, the WH, the Pentagon, State Dept, etc. (JK, who in their right mind would take a phone call from a buffoon like Joe) would know  that thru third parties, probably Switzerland,  we are in talks with Iran to knock this shit off pronto.  Instead of screaming about destroying their infrastructure and military bases.  

Joe said he played the board game Risk when he was younger, so he knows the strategic value of the Middle East .

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
On 1/25/2024 at 6:42 PM, SeanBug said:

(JK, who in their right mind would take a phone call from a buffoon like Joe)

Inside Biden's obsession with Morning Joe

In other news, I hate Steve Kornacki.

Doesn't matter what the topic of a poll is, he's always excited about the outcome.   There could be a poll like, "78% of Independent Voters favor female circumcision" and Kornacki would be into it.   And I just want to yell at him "Stand up straight, damn you!"

• Like 4
5 hours ago, millennium said:

Doesn't matter what the topic of a poll is, he's always excited about the outcome.   There could be a poll like, "78% of Independent Voters favor female circumcision" and Kornacki would be into it.   And I just want to yell at him "Stand up straight, damn you!"

I am surprised that they waited till after 9 am to discuss the NBC poll results.

Joe was mad at the results & kept grumbling while Kornacki was explaining the results.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, millennium said:

All due respect, I wouldn't believe 90% of anything Axios reports.  And this is just the kind of nonsense Joe would love, have a "legitimate" media source claiming President Biden is obsessed with the show. 

I'm sure the Communications Office keeps an eye on all political cable shows, and in the morning, what else is Biden supposed to watch? The competition? 

I notice in the article it claims Biden calls Joe.  JFC if this isn't the ass kissing ego boost Joe lives for. 

To your other point, I cannot stand Kornacki either.  Election results are nerve wracking enough without his over the top anxiety inducing behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was mad at the results & kept grumbling while Kornacki was explaining the results.

I'm not sure "mad" covers it.   Or perhaps it does, in the other meaning of the word.   That's how I feel.   I want to scream.   We're living the movie "Don't Look Up" in real life, with the same delusional public reaction, and the same self-serving media reaction.  But instead of an asteroid it's an election. 

3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Election results are nerve wracking enough without his over the top anxiety inducing behavior.

Precisely.

• Like 1

Count me in as another one who can't stand Kornacki.  Also, as annoying as he is covering politics, he really crossed the line for me when he got into covering sports. 

There's no getting away from him now. 😱

• Like 1

Joe is outraged at Republicans for trying to impeach Mayorkas.

Joe said they should accept the Senate border policy deal.

Joe can't believe they are helping Putin.

Joe said Tucker Carlsson is not a journalist and should not interview Putin.

Senator Clair supports the Kansas City Chiefs.

• Like 3

Joe is happy that the Democrats won the special election in NY. He said people voted in the snow to stop Trump.

Joe said they would have also voted in Lightning & Hail to support Biden.

Mika has a special gift for Joe in a box but Joe won't open it during the opening segment.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika has a special gift for Joe in a box but Joe won't open it during the opening segment.

I tuned out after Mika brought that stupid box to the table.  Did Joe ever open it?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I tuned out after Mika brought that stupid box to the table.  Did Joe ever open it?

Yes it was a brass bell with her name on it. But they couldn't decide if it was for her to summon Joe or visa versa.

• LOL 3
41 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Yes it was a brass bell with her name on it. But they couldn't decide if it was for her to summon Joe or visa versa.

Ah, banter. It comes to them so naturally. 🤓

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)

The bell is on the desk. Good Lord don't tell me these two are going to be ringing it WWF style 

Edited to add. I spoke too soon 🙁

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

There was conversation on this thread months or maybe years ago re Mika seemingly being sarcastic with Sam Stein. When he was introduced today in one of the Hollywood Squares panels … she actually seemed to stiffen.

But now here she is chatting about Bob Marley! Props to her. And why wouldn’t Joe be in on this? Him being an authority and a musician. 

• Like 2

Mika was happy that Fani Willis was defiant in her testimony yesterday. Mika complained that she was asked too many personal questions about her relationship with Wade. Mika was surprised that Fani had a cash box at home.

Mika said that when she was dating Joe he paid for all their trips and she didn't have to reimburse him for any expenses.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Super funny to her ex husband, probably.  WTF is wrong with her?

Mika's ex husband has kept a low profile since their separation. He may have suspected Joe's affection for Mika when he deposited part of his bonus in her bank account in 2008.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Super funny to her ex husband, probably.  WTF is wrong with her?

She feels entitled; she has always been entitled.  Comes from growing up in a prominent, probable well-to-do family. She was raised this way.

• Like 4

Mika just did a story on Yulia Navalny, most of it just taken from the HBO/Max documentary, because why do your own work? 

Then, right on schedule, she invokes Know Your Value when she tells women to support Yulia and Ukraine.  "Women in the Know Your Value network, donate to this charity or that".   Pretty sneaky, mentioning your cult while discussing a woman who is actually doing something worthwhile, instead of sitting on her ass and running a sham. 

JFC Mika. Have you no shame??!  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Mika just did a story on Yulia Navalny, most of it just taken from the HBO/Max documentary, because why do your own work? 

Then, right on schedule, she invokes Know Your Value when she tells women to support Yulia and Ukraine.  "Women in the Know Your Value network, donate to this charity or that".   Pretty sneaky, mentioning your cult while discussing a woman who is actually doing something worthwhile, instead of sitting on her ass and running a sham. 

JFC Mika. Have you no shame??!  

Yulia will probably be invited to Mika's summit.

Mika announced that Huma Abedin will be the vice chair of the KYV summit.

Mika interviewed the EVP of Cisco. Francine Katsoudas. She supports Mika's summit.

Mika said she had her picture taken with Hillary Clinton, Billie Jean King & the First lady of Ukraine. She called it an iconic photo.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe mocked a former regular Morning Joe guest.

He sure didn't protest at all those "I agree with you, Joe" responses Harold gave him for years. I'm kind of happy for Harold. He seems to be able to hold his own weight on the Fox shows I've seen. Joe is a pompous ass. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Joe was excited that Shania Twain would be a guest at the summit. Suze Orman inspired Mika to improve her knowledge of personal finance. The ex-wife of Canada's PM , Sophie Gregoire will also attend.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Then, right on schedule, she invokes Know Your Value when she tells women to support Yulia and Ukraine. 

When she invoked KYV, my head almost blew up like that emoji.  Mika has no shame.  None.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was excited that Shania Twain would be a guest at the summit.

I'm sure. Perhaps she can sing back-up when he performs his drug running song while Mika's video plays. Certain to enthrall the KYV crowd at their annual Grifter's Convention. (Summit cracks me up, Oakville!)

• Like 3

Today is the first day of Kasie's new early morning show which competes with Morning Joe. Mika & Joe upped their game by dressing professionally today. Joe brought a highlighter & read from parts of the WSJ editorial criticizing Trump.

Joe said that he was furious when someone ran against him and got 20% of the vote.

Joe said Trump is doomed because 40% of the voters still backed Nikki Haley.

Rev Al Sharpton can't belive that African Americans will vote for Trump.

• Like 3

The show began with a clip of President Biden being interviewed by Seth Myers. He wouldn't comment on a potential endorsement by Taylor Swift for this year's election.

Mika was puzzled by Biden answering questions on Israel while licking ice cream.

Mika said it was as awkward as when she and Joe dressed up in Christmas Pajamas.

Joe was reluctant to discuss that episode.

Joe said Republicans have only won the popular vote once since 1992.

• Like 4

Mika said that some Democrats will vote uncommitted in the Michigan primary today to protest the war in Gaza,

Adrienne Ellrod said protests aren't new.

Joe is in the Florida bunker today. Joe said it was ok to protest against Netenyahu.

Joe said Obama was protested by Hispanics because Obama deported illegal immigrants.

Lemire is worried about Muslim voters in Michigan voting 3rd party in November.

• Like 4