Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Have you forgotten Mika's little visit to Nicolle's show within the past year so Mika could pimp the book based entirely on her intern's experiences, and Nicolle drooled all over Mika...such a mentor, what a great friend.  I was so disgusted I boycotted (girlcotted?) Nicolle's show for a week.

Yes I do. It was pathetic.     Sure they all get along on the surface, but behind the scenes I'd bet money is a different story. Of course there aren't going to be on air cat fights.  We all know when someone gets special treatment because they married someone with power in the company.  And you dare not say anything, it's easier just to grin and bear it. 

14 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Kinda like Morning Joe, where you tune in for news and analysis, and get Mika instead.

But you get tips on what cereal treats mood disorders, and what carpeting is the most comfortable to roll around on when you have a psychotic break, where the best sheet cakes can be found in Florida, etc. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The president gave a recorded address to the United Nations session.  A  lot of his address was about coronavurus.  Mika rolled her eyes after the video and said "mmmkay."   Her maturity is like a 22 year old college student.  If she cannot make an intelligent comment, she should leave the interview to Joe. When interviewing an expert like Richard Haas, most journalists would try to make an intelligent point, but not Mika.

Richard Haas basically ignored Mika's ass and talked to Joe. He said that the president was right that China did not fulfill its obligations to WHO, but China is not responsible for our decisions. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

8:30 am-- WILLIE (paraphrase):  "Cindy McCain endorsed Joe Biden , basing her support on Trump's statements about military members.  Trump responded with comments which I will spare you repeating."

Dry Willie, dry. Drier than the Sahara.  I'm going to go get a drink of water now...

8:45 AM:  Mika is po'd about the lack of Trick or Treating options.  She's glum and naysaying all of the alternate ideas.  HOWEVER--all of a sudden she springs into life when describing this guy's Trick or Treating candy shute.  In fact, she's so animated you would have thought that pop culture and Star Wars movies were officially banned. 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

Ace reporter Kasie & journalist/former Congressman/know it all blowhard Joe didn't notice that there were quite a few people in that footage of Ronna McDaniel and the Trump campaigners w/o masks.  I could see them, so I'm wondering why they were so adamant that "everyone had masks on...blah blah blah" Some didn't have masks on at all, others had them hanging around their necks.  The only ones with masks were in the front row.  

And of course if they have news crews following them they're going to obey CDC guidelines. Jesus Christ on a cracker people. Grow the fuck up. 

I see Mika has dragged out her fall wardrobe of ministerial garb.  

Kasie is still acting like she's hosting a cross between The Daily Show & Kelly & Ryan or whatever they call that now.  It's obvious why Joe is pushing for her, they have similar political views, and even tho she may not be cut out to host a news program, at least she isn't sitting their pouting like Meeks. 

Donnie was right about Jews voting for Trump.  And he shouldn't apologize for that opinion. 

33 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Mika is po'd about the lack of Trick or Treating options.

FFS woman just go to WalMart, load up a cart with candy and take it home.  Why do you give a shit about trick or treaters?  Like you're going to share your stash with a bunch of kids.  

• Love 5

Mika opened the show wearing a Unitarian Scarf! I think she wears them now before Joe gives his sermons. It adds to the religious nature of the show.

Joe is wearing his navy blue sweater.

Mika called Trump's rally a super spreader event.

Mika started sighing at 6 01 am. This show really gets her tired.

I am old enough to recall Barnicle, Mika & Joe speaking about how much fun  they were having attending Trump rallies in 2016. It's hard to take them seriously when they moan & groan about Trump rallies now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

At 6:14 am, Joe shuts down Jason Johnson who said he had warned about Trump being a white nationalist in 2015, to tell his story about not voting for Trump in 2015 when he discussed having a muslim ban on travel to the USA. I wish that Johnson would have told Joe that it didn't stop him from giving Trump softball interviews in 2016 & partying with Trump at Mar a Largo in December 2016.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, oakville said:

At 6:14 am, Joe shuts down Jason Johnson who said he had warned about Trump being a white nationalist in 2015, to tell his story about not voting for Trump in 2015 when he discussed having a muslim ban on travel to the USA. I wish that Johnson would have told Joe that it didn't stop him from giving Trump softball interviews in 2016 & partying with Trump at Mar a Largo in December 2016.

Jason better watch it if he doesn't want to be banned from MSNBC. How dare he bring up actual facts and throw them in Joe's face? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said Trump has a complicit Congress. It's run by Democrats Mika.

Mika didn't have enough Lucky Charms this morning so she had to substitute Cheerios which do not have the sugar content of Lucky Charms, which she relies on to appear lucid. 

Mika meant the Senate. The House of Representatives is a Democratic majority.  Congress is split at this point, but with the WH & Senate being Republican, the House can only do so much to check power.  (If I over explained, my apologies). 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika opened the show wearing a Unitarian Scarf! I think she wears them now before Joe gives his sermons. 

I liked this! It was simple and professional, and not the same as yesterday. I actually thought Mika and Willie did a really good job in the second hour, it was actually a refreshing range of different people and subjects, from Abigail Disney, to the airline folks, to the cute Halloween discussion. And dude, if your kid is named Mars you DO NOT dress him as a candybar, you buy him a TOGA AND A HELMET AND A TINY CHARIOT and make a BABY WAR GOD. 

I thought Joe was a little bit rude to Jason Johnson. He wasn't necessarily criticizing Joe, he was trying to explain what this has been like for journalists of color, from his own perspective. Joe should have let him, instead of interpreting it as a personal rebuke. It reminded me a little of that SNL skit with Joe and Eddie Glaude, heh. 

Imma move to Alaska so I can be represented by the dude who killed a grizzly bear. 

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Mika didn't have enough Lucky Charms this morning so she had to substitute Cheerios which do not have the sugar content of Lucky Charms, which she relies on to appear lucid. 

Mika meant the Senate. The House of Representatives is a Democratic majority.  Congress is split at this point, but with the WH & Senate being Republican, the House can only do so much to check power.  (If I over explained, my apologies). 

Yes, the House has a Democratic majority & the Senate is Republican.

I thought that when people refer to Congress, they mean the House of Representatives .

3 minutes ago, neona said:

I liked this! It was simple and professional, and not the same as yesterday. I actually thought Mika and Willie did a really good job in the second hour, it was actually a refreshing range of different people and subjects, from Abigail Disney, to the airline folks, to the cute Halloween discussion. And dude, if your kid is named Mars you DO NOT dress him as a candybar, you buy him a TOGA AND A HELMET AND A TINY CHARIOT and make a BABY WAR GOD. 

I thought Joe was a little bit rude to Jason Johnson. He wasn't necessarily criticizing Joe, he was trying to explain what this has been like for journalists of color, from his own perspective. Joe should have let him, instead of interpreting it as a personal rebuke. It reminded me a little of that SNL skit with Joe and Eddie Glaude, heh. 

Imma move to Alaska so I can be represented by the dude who killed a grizzly bear. 

Mika has a very large collection of religious scarves.

I don't understand why Kasie would name her son after a planet.

Joe gets very sensitive when other journalists point out that they were worried about Trump in 2015. Joe used to make fun of the media that warned about Trump in 2015. He said Trump was an actor who would put on a show for the crowds, but in private didn't believe what he was saying in public.

I remember that Mika & Joe said that Trump would pivot once he was inaugurated & stop tweeting.

There was an episode in September 2016 when Joe praised Trump for calling him one night after his oldest son fell down the stairs & hurt himself. Joe had been bashing Trump for weeks on air but Trump called him to offer sympathy for Joey's injuries.

• Love 2

I couldn't stop laughing when Joe complained about the Washington Post polls that showed Trump leading by 4 points in Florida & tied in Arizona at 6 49 am. Joe called them outliers!.  Joe calls any poll that doesn't show Trump losing by 5 points  an outlier.

He's become so enamored with his own talking points about Trump being crushed in the election that he can't accept any information that contradicts his opinion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I thought that when people refer to Congress, they mean the House of Representatives .

Sometimes I hear people refer to it like that but it's erroneous. I think because of the term Congressional district, which is what people who are elected to the House of Representatives represent. 

If there is anything simple about the US system of government, we've yet to discover it.  Don't even get me started on the electoral college.  

• Love 2

I don't understand why Kasie would name her son after a planet.

Not the planet, it's from the Roman pantheon - people name their kids Diana and Venus, so why not Mars? The god of war!!! I think it's freaking awesome. Can you imagine if she had a little girl and named her DIANA HUNT. The brains of all history geeks worldwide WOULD SIMULTANEOUSLY EXPLODE.

4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Ace reporter Kasie & journalist/former Congressman/know it all blowhard Joe didn't notice that there were quite a few people in that footage of Ronna McDaniel and the Trump campaigners w/o masks.  I could see them, so I'm wondering why they were so adamant that "everyone had masks on...blah blah blah" Some didn't have masks on at all, others had them hanging around their necks.  The only ones with masks were in the front row.  

And of course if they have news crews following them they're going to obey CDC guidelines. Jesus Christ on a cracker people. Grow the fuck up. 

I

Ok, they are trying to gin up something about knocking on doors. Do you really think at this point that a couple of Trump people are going to convince anyone to change their minds about Trump and vote for him because two masked people with Trump hats come to your door? How many doors go unanswered? I have a doorbell camera and a peephole in my front door, and I don't open the door to anyone I don't know or expect. It's best for me to avoid all of these types of stories for the next weeks before the election. I don't need the agitation.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Ok, they are trying to gin up something about knocking on doors. Do you really think at this point that a couple of Trump people are going to convince anyone at this point to change their minds about Trump and vote for him because two masked people with Trump hats come to your door? How many doors go unanswered? I have a doorbell camera and a peephole in my front door, and I don't open the door to anyone I don't know or expect. It's best for me to avoid all of these types of stories for the next weeks before the election. I don't need the agitation.

If Joe isn't bossing people around, there's no reason for his existence.  And now he has Kasie to back him up, while Mika sits there looking like a Cocker Spaniel trying to understand who that other dog in the mirror is. 

I really try to avoid as much as I can, agree re the agitation. 

I couldn't stop laughing when Joe complained about the Washington Post polls

Great way to keep getting your moronic diatribes published, Joe. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
52 minutes ago, neona said:

Not the planet, it's from the Roman pantheon - people name their kids Diana and Venus, so why not Mars? The god of war!!! I think it's freaking awesome. Can you imagine if she had a little girl and named her DIANA HUNT. The brains of all history geeks worldwide WOULD SIMULTANEOUSLY EXPLODE.

OK, but I still wouldn't name my son Mars or Jupiter or Uranus. It's weird.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Ok, they are trying to gin up something about knocking on doors. Do you really think at this point that a couple of Trump people are going to convince anyone to change their minds about Trump and vote for him because two masked people with Trump hats come to your door? How many doors go unanswered? I have a doorbell camera and a peephole in my front door, and I don't open the door to anyone I don't know or expect. It's best for me to avoid all of these types of stories for the next weeks before the election. I don't need the agitation.

Agreed. Joe bragged about knocking on 10,000 doors when he ran for Congress in 1994. He would leave personal notes on the doors when they didn't answer. Those voters were lucky.

If Joe campaigned today, he would keep singing his songs until the voters answered the door.

53 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

If Joe isn't bossing people around, there's no reason for his existence.  And now he has Kasie to back him up, while Mika sits there looking like a Cocker Spaniel trying to understand who that other dog in the mirror is. 

I really try to avoid as much as I can, agree re the agitation. 

Great way to keep getting your moronic diatribes published, Joe. 

I think Joe wants Kasie on the show so he has someone to talk too about politics. Mika is checked out of virtually every conversation on the show after her 6 am cry reading.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, oakville said:

YMMV. I agree with you about Uranus, for obvious reasons. 

ETA: But the name Mars is still awesome

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agree.  

Don't name your kid something that is going to cause him 12 years of being teased.  

11 minutes ago, oakville said:

If Joe campaigned today, he would keep singing his songs until the voters answered the door.

Or called the cops. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Ok, they are trying to gin up something about knocking on doors. Do you really think at this point that a couple of Trump people are going to convince anyone to change their minds about Trump and vote for him because two masked people with Trump hats come to your door? How many doors go unanswered? 

But I mean, isn't it worth trying? Some people probably *would* answer their doors, and they may even be those most longing for company and conversation and who might more easily change their minds.

I actually do think people change their minds this way, especially the elderly, for whom personal human interactions still represents a sort of touchstone for what's real and what isn't. But obviously, I don't know - but they really ought to do WHATEVER THE HELL they can, even if it's not guaranteed to work

• Love 4

I am surprised that it took until 8:58 am for Mika to ask Kasie about Mitt Romney's decision to allow a vote for a new justice of the Supreme Court .  Kasie said that Romney was a social conservative.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

When Kasie first started broadcasting from her home, she had a map of the Solar System over her right shoulder.  I thought it an odd wall decoration, and then she switched to a virtual background.

In an unrelated event, the planet Mars is the brightest object in the the southwest sky 1 - 2 hours before sunrise, which strangely is around the time "Way Too Early" comes on in the central time zone.  The planet Venus is the brightest thing in the eastern sky at the same time.

Edited by Liberty
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, oakville said:

I agree, Oakville.  He'll have to go around his entire life telling people, "Mars like the planet." 

If you want to give your kid a really unusual name, you can do it with the middle name.  Then the name becomes an interesting conversation point and does not burden the kid.   When I see Mars as a first name, it makes me think that Kasie is either really weird or lacks judgment.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

When I see Mars as a first name, it makes me think that Kasie is either really weird or lacks judgment.

Well she has hitched her wagon to Joe & Mika  so lacking judgment may be the correct answer.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, oakville said:

...and sucking up to him during the transition with Mika visiting Ivanka at Trump Tower and gushing about how Ivanka was going to do "great things for women."

And dude, if your kid is named Mars you DO NOT dress him as a candybar, you buy him a TOGA AND A HELMET AND A TINY CHARIOT and make a BABY WAR GOD

That would be so freaking cute. 

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3
On 9/23/2020 at 1:28 PM, teddysmom said:

I thought Congress was both the House of Representatives and the Senate.  Like, they are all Congressmen/women, but some are Representatives and some are Senators.  I could be 100% wrong though (happens often).

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought Congress was both the House of Representatives and the Senate.  Like, they are all Congressmen/women, but some are Representatives and some are Senators.  I could be 100% wrong though (happens often).

It is. I have mostly heard Congressmen/women referring to members of the House of Representatives, and Senators are in the Senate. 

It is confusing how they're referred to by various media, themselves etc. 

Oh I'm often wrong but I'm learning to check something with the interweb before I make a complete fool of myself. 

• LOL 2

Article 1, Section 1 of the Constitution states, 

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

• Love 3

Katy Tur just five minutes ago said "A Democratically controlled Congress", which is incorrect. 

The House is controlled by Dems, Senate by Republicans. 

Not hard to imagine why people get confused. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Katy Tur just five minutes ago said "A Democratically controlled Congress", which is incorrect. 

The House is controlled by Dems, Senate by Republicans. 

Not hard to imagine why people get confused. 

There was no confusion from 1994-2001. It was called the Scarborough controlled Congress.

Joe said he was influential in balancing the budget, bringing down crime & impeaching President Bill Clinton during that era.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

It was called the Scarborough controlled Congress.

And now he hosts a Wayne's World basement cable show and runs to Publix for cake and ice cream for his chronically depressed wife. 

Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

If his family meant more to him than Congress, why is his two terms in Congress the topic he brings up ad nauseum? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The 5 minutes of my viewing displeasure featured Joe sermonizing yet again about every real or imagined fault of Trump. So very tiresome and boring. I just can't take it anymore. I can't even watch for snarkage. I'm surprised that even MJ fans still stay with this repetitive snooze fest. I'll go back to my boyfriend Joe Kernan at CNBC and DVR'ed Real Housewives and just check in here for a few laughs. Carry on.

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I'll go back to my boyfriend Joe Kernan at CNBC and DVR'ed Real Housewives and just check in here for a few laughs. Carry on.

Have not been back to CNBC because of your boyfriend!  Don't do it!  If it's business news you want, there are better channels than CNBC.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

And now he hosts a Wayne's World basement cable show and runs to Publix for cake and ice cream for his chronically depressed wife. 

Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

If his family meant more to him than Congress, why is his two terms in Congress the topic he brings up ad nauseum? 

I think Joe is happy to make $7 million plus per year. Mika might also make a similar amount . Joe was able to lure Mika onto his show. 

I suspect that Mika & Joe's contract won't be renewed at the same salary level in 2021.

Joe could agree to appear as a cranky Andy Rooney type on Morning Kasie in 2022.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

The 5 minutes of my viewing displeasure featured Joe sermonizing yet again about every real or imagined fault of Trump. So very tiresome and boring. I just can't take it anymore. I can't even watch for snarkage. I'm surprised that even MJ fans still stay with this repetitive snooze fest. I'll go back to my boyfriend Joe Kernan at CNBC and DVR'ed Real Housewives and just check in here for a few laughs. Carry on.

Ha!. I got up early today & started watching Morning Joe but I got tired of Joe's apopletic rant about Trump not accepting the election results.

It was nice of Mika to give Kasie! the morning off.

I switched to CNBC to see how the markets were doing. Joe Kernan has been around for years. He loves needling Andrew Ross Sorkin who used to appear on Morning Joe.

There was a discussion on Morning Joe about various state legislatures sending Trump electors to vote based on the election night results as opposed to using results from mail in ballots arriving after the election. It sounded like an episode of House of Cards.

It's a bit bizarre, since there was an episode of House of Cards that featured Mika, Joe & Kasie congratulating President Francis Underwood after winning 2 states after a disputed election. Joe bragged that the "Constitution held". Mika beamed at Joe.

However, I could see Mika & Joe going bonkers if there a dispute after election day similar to what happened in Florida in 2000.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Liberty said:

Have not been back to CNBC because of your boyfriend!  Don't do it!

Awwww. He's been my crush since the 90's. Smart (I mean, come on, a masters in molecular biology!), witty, curious...has a real personality. Exact opposite of his competition on MSNBC. He makes me laugh and think.

11 hours ago, Kemper said:

To be 40 years younger.

And Joe's my age! From my home state! Perfect.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Mika is off.  She has a hair appointment, followed by lunch with friends.

Joe says that Trump won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power.  

I am confused as to why Joe is talking about he transfer of power before the election is decided.  

Joe and Willie are having a bromance about baseball.  Kasie told Willie that she hates the Yankees because she grew up watching the Orioles. 

Polls in Ohio, Iowa, Georgia and Texas show a statistical tie between Biden and Trump.

Joe informed us that a statistical tie is important.  Joe said that Ohio is significant.  If Ohio is close, Biden will win according to Joe.  Wow, you heard it here first. 

Here I was thinking the seventh largest state in the nation didn't matter.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Here I was thinking the seventh largest state in the nation didn't matter.

Ohio is a huge battleground state.  It ranks right up there with PA, MI, WI, FL.   It's because these states can be toss ups, they can go either way, they have big urban areas and big rural areas. 

46 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe warned Trump supporters in the media that their tweets, internet postings & podcasts are there forever. Hey!, just like clips of Morning Joe from 2015 & 2016.

Joe I'm really sure they could give two shits whether something they say about Hillary & Pizzagate is there for posterity or not.  When you're that down with conspiracies, you hope your warning lives in perpetuity. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

followed by lunch with friends.

The imaginary ones, right? 'Cause we all know how busy she is and stressed and...                                                                                                           She doesn't have time for real friends.

• Love 1

Joe was happy that all the polls showed Biden leading in most swing states. Joe wants the Biden campaign to knock on doors but Jim Messina said that reaching people on line is better these days.

Katty looks great today. She said that Democrats want more visibility on the ground in North Carolina & Arizona.

Joe said that debate performances didn't matter except in 1980.

Heilmann said the first debate for an incumbent debate is usually rough. Obama, Reagan & George W Bush did poorly on their first debates as President.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Kasie told Willie that she hates the Yankees because she grew up watching the Orioles

OMG, this means I will have to become a fan of Kasie's.  I'm not sure I have that in me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1