Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

That kind of pokes yet another hole in Mika's constant lament re: raising 7 children...at least packing lunches would be in her exhausting earth mother role though I kind of doubt a couple of teens and a 12 year old carry lunches in today's world...in fact, I wonder if they are actually going to real school at all.

Mika may need to see a doctor and get on some type of medication. She is delusional. Her daughters are in their 20s, Joe's kids from his first marriage are married. His kids with Susan live the majority of the time with Susan, and even if they do come visit the house on Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs Lane; Joe & Susan are raising their kids. I don't know who she thinks she's "raising".   

Perhaps the huge quantities of sugar she consumes every day are starting to affect her ability to function.  

Joe must really have his hands full these days.  Picking up a case of Lucky Charms at Sam's Club, baking brownies, ordering birthday cakes, smearing peanut butter on a slice of bread.  While Mika rolls around on the floor moaning about how blobby she is. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 4
25 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Wait? He said that? That kind of pokes yet another hole in Mika's constant lament re: raising 7 children...at least packing lunches would be in her exhausting earth mother role though I kind of doubt a couple of teens and a 12 year old carry lunches in today's world...in fact, I wonder if they are actually going to real school at all. My first thought when I hear white lint is dandruff and that's hard to get past. I cringe when they have guests on with "lint" obviously showing on their collars and then they come back from commercial with it still there...doesn't anyone else notice these things?

I wonder if Joe's kids have to listen to his sermons while they eat lunch ?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Wait? He said that? That kind of pokes yet another hole in Mika's constant lament re: raising 7 children...at least packing lunches would be in her exhausting earth mother role though I kind of doubt a couple of teens and a 12 year old carry lunches in today's world...in fact, I wonder if they are actually going to real school at all. 

I think it's more that in these times kids in college and in their 20s are still largely dependent on their parents, both financially and emotionally. And I think Joe has mentioned one of the married kids have some sort of medical issue. Maybe she's not changing diapers but she's probably spending a a lot of time worrying and checking in. MY mom does that and I'm very much and adult, heh. But yeah, it is kind of a misrepresentation, perhaps she should have clarified that she's not literally breastfeeding septuplets. 

3 hours ago, zentropa said:

So the show went on until about 9:15 when the let Steph Ruhl start. WTF is going on in that control room?

They were helping Stephanie Ruhle out. You could hear her microphone was on and she was saying "oh shit!" and shouting about printing paper. So they dragged things out for her. It was pretty hilarious.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, neona said:

But yeah, it is kind of a misrepresentation,

Mika would never miss an opportunity to exaggerate a situation in order to garner sympathy for her miserable lot in life. 

Worrying about an adult child is not "raising a child". Having a child out of college living with you is not "raising a child".  My niece lives with her parents, her previous roommate decided to move and my niece had to move home, temporarily, then the virus hit and she has stayed. My sister has not once in the last year said she was raising a child.  

Mika barely works three hours a day so even helping to take care of her mother, who doesn't really seem to be in a situation where she needs that much care; what with the wielding chain saws to cut up trees, etc.  I worked a 40 hour a week job while my father was in the hospital with a broken hip, then he was moved to a nursing home. Before that, I had to take him shopping to dr appts etc. and juggle my job.  By myself.  My only family lived 300 miles away.  I'm not complaining I know lots of others have been thru the same thing.

But Mika can STFU. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Worrying about an adult child is not "raising a child". Having a child out of college living with you is not "raising a child".  My niece lives with her parents, her previous roommate decided to move and my niece had to move home, temporarily, then the virus hit and she has stayed. My sister has not once in the last year said she was raising a child.  

But to be fair, Mika didn't actually say she was "raising a child", anywhere. She said she was "managing the needs of our seven children". That could literally mean anything. 

But yeah, there's no doubt she's speaking from a position of privilege, and could benefit from expanding her horizons a bit, I agree with that.

• Love 2

Dear God... 12 minutes in and Joe is already hysterical. Imitating Republicans in a Donald Duck voice when Bill Clinton said “It is what it is” back in the day. Fasten your seatbelts, this morning is looking to be a wowser.

• Love 2

Joe’s book is coming out in November; they showed the cover.  You can pre-order!  I can only imagine the “push” we are in for. I wonder how Joe will fare when he makes the rounds on all the MSNBC shows.  

• Love 2

On 9/18/2020 at 2:02 PM, teddysmom said:

Mika would never miss an opportunity to exaggerate a situation in order to garner sympathy for her miserable lot in life. 

Mika barely works three hours a day so even helping to take care of her mother, who doesn't really seem to be in a situation where she needs that much care; what with the wielding chain saws to cut up trees, etc.  I worked a 40 hour a week job while my father was in the hospital with a broken hip, then he was moved to a nursing home. Before that, I had to take him shopping to dr appts etc. and juggle my job.  By myself.  My only family lived 300 miles away.  I'm not complaining I know lots of others have been thru the same thing.

But Mika can STFU. 

It is especially weird to talk about taking care of the needs of married adult children.  Married adult children usually work out problems with their spouses.  

Some of this is about Mika's stress of having a blended family.  It can be a mess, speaking as someone with stepparents and stepsiblings.  But she chose to marry Joe, and that is part of the deal.

I think she is aware that she doesn't have the same problems as people of average means.  That won't stop her from telling us how the one percenters deal with these problems. She has to do it in the public eye while putting up with Joe.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Did the Kasie/Way Too Early maneuver come about so that she could occupy a Brady box on MJ for the first hour, as happened this morning?

I recorded Kasie ! on the DVR. She appears to be broadcating from her home. Her guests were Senator Joe Mancin, Jeremy Peters & the lady from the Washington Post Almavayny ?. There were plenty of jokes about it being way too early to be on TV. Kasie was very gracious with her guests & thanked them numerous times for appearing on her show. Kasie ! wore a black top with a violet cardigan. Kasie told a few jokes & was very pleasant.

I think she will be a successor to Mika, if Mika & Joe agree to leave the network . Having her on Morning Joe will build her profile.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

I recorded Kasie ! on the DVR.

She seems to be trying a little too hard to be bright & chipper.  Like it doesn't come naturally to her.  I don't know why they felt they had to remake the show, is it supposed to be a light version of the news? Is that why they went back to Way Too Early? When Willie hosted it previously, it was more light news, etc. And I believe it was only 30 minutes.  

I don't know that she's really cut out for hosting, her strong suit was reporting. Joe & Mika,   considering their over inflated opinions of their own abilities, would prefer someone they can push around to someone who is actually good at the job. 

I saw Yasmin's show this weekend, she handled a huge news day with the grace and professionalism we have come to know. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

I only saw the last 15 minutes of Kasie's show, but I thought it was good. It was pleasant and interesting, and as oakville said, she was very gracious with her guests. It actually woke me up a bit more, that is, until Joe started his long-winded, meandering ranting, ugh.

He and Willie had such great conversations on Friday, like he is really such a good conversationalist, whyyyy does he keep subjecting us to these dull-ass lectures. Everytime he starts it's like one of those black things in Harry Potter that come to suck out your soul. Can't we have fun irreverent Joe back, I miss him.

Yasmin's show was fantastic. I didn't think I would watch it, but I did because of the breaking RBG news. She knocked it out of the park. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She seems to be trying a little to hard to be bright & chipper.  Like it doesn't come naturally to her.  I don't know why they felt they had to remake the show, is it supposed to be a light version of the news? Is that why the went back to Way Too Early? When Willie hosted it previously, it was more light news, etc. And I believe it was only 30 minutes.  

I don't know that she's really cut out for hosting, her strong suit was reporting. Joe & Mika,   considering their over inflated opinions of their own abilities, would prefer someone they can push around to someone who is actually good at the job. 

Kasie was extra chipper today . It's a welcome contrast to Mika cry reading the news & Joe's fire & brimstone rants from the Jupiter Florida bunker.

Willie used to have a segment on Morning Joe called "News you can't use" which were a few funny clips.

I do remember Willie hosting Way to Early. Didn't Bergdoff also host that show ? What happened to him ?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, neona said:

He and Willie had such great conversations on Friday, like he is really such a good conversationalist, whyyyy does he keep subjecting us to these dull-ass lectures. Everytime he starts it's like one of those black things in Harry Potter that come to suck out your soul. Can't we have fun irreverent Joe back, I miss him.

I think Joe is happy when Mika is away from the show. He could joke around with Willie about sports, tv shows etc  without Mika complaining .

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

If it's too early, why was First Look on at 5 am? 

Bullshit marketing strategy changes. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Can't we have fun irreverent Joe back, I miss him.

Mika married it away. Though I agree he is more relaxed and relatable when she's not there kicking him under the table. She is such a downer.

• Love 4

It's quite a contrast from Kasie's cheery introduction of stay tuned for Morning Joe to Mika's funeral director voice & Joe's complaint about Trump lying about the number of deaths from Coronavirus. I thought Mika was going to start crying at 6 02 am.

Joe's is wearing the navy blue sweater again , but it looks like it was cleaned.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's quite a contrast from Kasie's cheery introduction of stay tuned for Morning Joe to Mika's funeral director voice & Joe's complaint about Trump lying about the number of deaths from Coronavirus. I thought Mika was going to start crying at 6 02 am.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all indications indicate the thrill is gone.  The excitement of their affair, sneaking around, yada yada, travelling etc. was what made this relationship, it may not have been built for the long haul. Joe is on his third marriage, and Mika is unstable emotionally at best. 

The fact that she tells a story that he runs out and buys her a caramel sundae and tells her to eat it because their marriage depends on it speaks volumes to what kind of a relationship they have. 

Personally I wouldn't mind if they handed the show off to Kasie and Willie. I don't have anything against Kasie personally, maybe with a more seasoned host to help her, she could grow into the position. Anything would be better than Joe & Mika. 

Glad I slept thru this morning's show, it sounds like it sucked. 

• Love 5

Joe talked about his friendship with Lindsay Graham. Joe used to admire Lindsay. Joe mocked President Clinton for his testimony during his impeachment trial. Joe now said that Lindsay is lying.

Joe bragged about how honest he was when he ran for Congress & that he was the first Republican elected to his district since Reconstruction.

Joe said Americans don't want Roe V Wade overturned even if half the population is pro choice.

Joe said the GOP is doomed if they try to replace Justice Ginsburg before the election.

Joe talked about his grandma sayings about "a horse with a different color ".

Joe allowed Claire to speak at 6 18 am. She said that Joe was exactly right & that Republican having a sinking feeling about replacing Justice Ginsburg.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Reverend Al was allowed to speak at 6 36 am.

It is very rude to have a show & let your guests sit in front of a computer for over half an hour until they re allowed to interact with the host.

MSNBC should warn viewers that Joe's monologue & Mika's cry reading will take up the first half hour of every show. Morning Joe should be sponsored by a funeral home chain & Kleenex .

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Joe started another rant at 7 20 am about Republicans appointing activist judges to overturn popular court rulings like Roe V Wade.

Joe used to complain about Democrats appointing activist judges but now that's what Republicans do.

Joe said he used to recommend judicial appointments to Florida Gov. Jeb Bush when he was in Congress. Jeb liked Joe's recommendations & spoke to Joe's nominees.

Mika started muttering when Joe was speaking. I bet Joe made her listen to his scripted rant yesterday. No wonder Mika gets stressed out & eats brownies & sheet cake.

I hope Bravo decides to start a Real Housewives of Palm Beach tv show when she retires from Morning Joe.

She could recruit Dr. Dave Campbell 's wife & Melania Trump who might move to Mar A Largo after the election to be on the show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

Joe’s book is coming out in November; they showed the cover.  You can pre-order!  I can only imagine the “push” we are in for. I wonder how Joe will fare when he makes the rounds on all the MSNBC shows.  

NOBODY should buy this book until after the new president is elected and installed. I'm also afraid that someone will buy this book in the lame duck session...

• LOL 7
55 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

NOBODY should buy this book until after the new president is elected and installed. I'm also afraid that someone will buy this book in the lame duck session...

I can't wait to buy the book. Mika wrote the forward to the book.  I wonder if Mika will accompany Joe on his book tour ?

Joe used to attend Mika's book signings when she was married to Jim Hoffer & intervene in case any men got too close to her.

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She seems to be trying a little too hard to be bright & chipper.  Like it doesn't come naturally to her.  I don't know why they felt they had to remake the show, is it supposed to be a light version of the news? Is that why they went back to Way Too Early? When Willie hosted it previously, it was more light news, etc. And I believe it was only 30 minutes.  

I saw Yasmin's show this weekend, she handled a huge news day with the grace and professionalism we have come to know. 

Spot on.  I really like Kasie's straight news reporting.  But I could not stay with her for an entire show.  Hosting a show on cable is probably one of the hardest jobs on tv and not that many do it well.  But I think a natural sense of humor is probably one of the most important things a host should have.  In truth, I think Joe has it but the network has let him get carried away with his own importance.  Meeka does not have it.

I miss the days when they would all sit around the desk, report the news, snark a bit, talk sports, tv and music.  Then more news.  It was like a 3-hour coffee klatsch.  (Spelling?  Well, you get the drift).  Of course those were the days when the show was actually 3 hours.  

I watched Claire M this morning; when they threw the mic and picture to her she seemed to be a bit surprised.  No one really knows how long Joe's rants will take.  Where is Heidi Przbyla?  Robert Costa isn't on that much anymore; Elise; etc.  Joe's rant this morning was really off-the-rails.  It was almost entertaining in a fun way.

• Love 4

Willie and Joe started the show by promoting NBC's digital network, Peacock. They highly recommended watching The Office and 30 Rock.  Willie claims that his children love these shows. Why is Morning Joe pimping for the entertainment division of NBC?  Gross.  No Willie and Joe, I don't want to stream The Office.

Mika and Joe criticized a Trump rally in Ohio.Joe is doing his Covid talking points from January.

Mika informed us that a lot of people will die from Covid.  Joe called the Trump supporters idiots.  He pointed at the camera when he said it. He thinks they are watching him.

Joe says the economy will stay terrible no matter who is elected.  Joe said the Republicans are responsible for staggering death tolls.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Mika, while introducing the new book by Andrew Weissman, initially pronounced his last name as Wees-man. Then she kept repeating the name, pronouncing it correctly, as if hoping we hadn’t noticed.

Edit: Mika does such a poor job feigning compassion when she recites the New York Times' profiles of people who lost their lives to COVID. On her own show, Nicolle Wallace manages to tell heartfelt, highly personal stories that make me feel the loss in my gut, and she does it with kindness and genuine empathy. Mika sounds like she's grudgingly conveying a Starbucks order.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Willie and Joe started the show by promoting NBC's digital network, Peacock. They highly recommended watching The Office and 30 Rock.  Willie claims that his children love these shows. Why is Morning Joe pimping for the entertainment division of NBC?  Gross.  No Willie and Joe, I don't want to stream The Office.

It's cross platform promotion, which is something Jack Donaghy was a huge fan of.  🙂  I doubt he was ordered to do it, no one else is promoting Peacock other than Today Show.  The blank stare on Mika's face when Joe was talking about 30 Rock was proof that Tina Fey's award winning show was beneath the dignity of Mika. 

The Office is a huge hit with kids now. I have friends with kids from college to middle school and they're all obsessed with it.   I love the show so I get a kick out of 12 years olds discovering it. 

2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Edit: Mika does such a poor job feigning compassion when she recites the New York Times' profiles of people who lost their lives to COVID. On her own show, Nicolle Wallace manages to tell heartfelt, highly personal stories that make me feel the loss in my gut, and she does it with kindness and genuine empathy. Mika sounds like she's grudgingly conveying a Starbucks order.

I thought the same thing. Nicole has me in tears every evening when she does that segment. The one last night about the young OB/GYN who died at age 28. And I had already seen the story online. 

15 hours ago, Kemper said:

Spot on.  I really like Kasie's straight news reporting.  But I could not stay with her for an entire show.  Hosting a show on cable is probably one of the hardest jobs on tv and not that many do it well.  But I think a natural sense of humor is probably one of the most important things a host should have.  In truth, I think Joe has it but the network has let him get carried away with his own importance.  Meeka does not have it.

Kasie needs to stop waving her hands around and modulate her voice. Either she drank 2 pots of coffee before going on air or she's nervous.  She is just not cut out for this.  And why all of a sudden is 5 am "too early", Kasie made a big deal about Hans being there so early, he was on with Yasmin at least once a week, she'd thank him but not act like she drug him out of bed. 

I also notice it's "Way Too Early with Kasie Hunt", which I assume was a power move by Joe, as Yasmin and Ayman never had their names in the title. With them it was "Morning Joe First Look".  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, oakville said:

Kasie was extra chipper today . It's a welcome contrast to Mika cry reading the news & Joe's fire & brimstone rants from the Jupiter Florida bunker.

Willie used to have a segment on Morning Joe called "News you can't use" which were a few funny clips.

I do remember Willie hosting Way to Early. Didn't Bergdoff also host that show ? What happened to him ?

Do not put his name out in the ethos!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Liberty said:

Is Joe wearing a new sweater, or is it an old one just back from the cleaner's?

Joe has 2 sweaters. The dark blue with white flakes & the grey one. Joe is wearing the grey one today. The sweater with the flakes was clean yesterday.

Poor Kasie has to stay on the show to be one of Mika's minions. Kasie ! wore a top without a cardigan.

Joe talked about reading the bible & cleaning his shotgun on Saturday mornings. Joe like's John Wayne movies.

Joe watches English soccer.

Why would Mika watch the Peacock network ? She hates tv.

Poor Jonathan Lemire. He is stuck waiting for Joe's monologue to end & then he has to agree with Joe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said the economy is not getting better. He spoke to business people & they told him that it will be bad even if Biden is elected.

Joe forgot that Steven Ratner told him last week that the economy is recovering.

Nothing gets in the way of Joe's rants!

Joe ranted about people not wanting to take the vaccine because they don't trust Trump.

• Love 1

Kasie needs to stop waving her hands around and modulate her voice. Either she drank 2 pots of coffee before going on air or she's nervous.  She is just not cut out for this.  And why all of a sudden is 5 am "too early", Kasie made a big deal about Hans being there so early, he was on with Yasmin at least once a week, she'd thank him but not act like she drug him out of bed. 

I agree with you. Kasie just doesn't have "it". Her ability to chase down interviews was one thing. Ring-leading a show does not fit her naturally. She shouldn't be too nervous since they tried this concept with her before. These journo's must have incredible contracts that allow them to be recycled from show to show rather than giving up on them. (Hmmm...Meeks immediately comes to mind...goes from a lousy newsreader to co-host to her dated women's lib platform.) Maybe the grand scheme IS to replace her with Kasie but it wouldn't be MY choice. 

9 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I agree with you. Kasie just doesn't have "it". Her ability to chase down interviews was one thing. Ring-leading a show does not fit her naturally. She shouldn't be too nervous since they tried this concept with her before. These journo's must have incredible contracts that allow them to be recycled from show to show rather than giving up on them. (Hmmm...Meeks immediately comes to mind...goes from a lousy newsreader to co-host to her dated women's lib platform.) Maybe the grand scheme IS to replace her with Kasie but it wouldn't be MY choice. 

Stephanie Ruhle could also be a replacement for Mika. However, Mika doesn't like her as much, so she probably wouldn't approve of her to take over her job.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Nicole Wallace's lover is on the show- Michael something? He has an insider account of the Mueller probe with the latest details from 2017.

Michael apparently likes Joe's casual style.  He's wearing half of a tracksuit.  Very professional looking.  

Yeah but it works for Michael Schmidt. With the collar he looks like Count Dracula, it's awesome! Joe in his sweater looks like an old dude who lives alone with his cats. This Edwardian Funeral Parlor Timeloop color scheme is so depressing though. I don't think they realize, small things like that affect viewers' mood and sets the tone for the rest of our day, even sometimes subconsciously...so many are dealing with genuine depression, and perhaps some are even watching because they haven't slept at all. It just seems odd to me that they don't consider things like this 

I saw the last 15 minutes of Kasie's show again this morning. I actually like that she's more awake, and she's kind to her guests. I think it's probably a bit hard to launch something like this in the Covid-format, I remember when Willie was doing it, he was on his feet a lot, sometimes standing at a high table etc. She doesn't really have that option, but I still think she managed to make it dynamic and interesting. But YMMV of course.

Some great conversations today, I loved the one with Hal Brands. And Stacey Abrams!!

Surely Joe *IS* the Jack Donahue of the 30 rock news division, now wonder he loves the show, heh.

Willie Geist is Kenneth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

. Joe like's John Wayne movies.

I wouldn't consider How The West Was Won a "John Wayne" movie.  It had a huge ensemble cast, Gregory Peck, Debbie Reynolds, Carroll Baker, Henry Fonda Lee J Cobb every big star of the 1960s was in it and he was just one part of it.   It was a huge deal, three hours long. Filmed in Cinemascope (whatever that was). 

John Wayne movies are The Searchers, Rio Bravo, The Quiet Man, True Grit, They Were Expendable, etc.  There's about 100 of them. 

Nicolle needs to buy her BF some new clothes, he has worn out that black sweater/white shirt. 

42 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Nicolle needs to buy her BF some new clothes, he has worn out that black sweater/white shirt. 

Nicolle should be able to afford to buy her BF some clothes now that she took over Chuck Todd's late afternoon spot. I think she will eventually force Chuck Todd to leave the network after the election. I am not the biggest fan of Cackles Wallace. She was too afraid to stand up to candidate Trump when she was a guest on Morning Joe during the primaries. She also refused to fight back against Mika during the 2016 election campaign when Mika applauded Trump for bringing on President Clinton's accusers during the second debate. Mika yelled at Nicolle on set.

Cackles refused to accept responsibility for the Bush administration's poor response during Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

From the Pappas post :

"Wallace is no stranger to the national stage. During the Hurricane Katrina tragedy, much of the blame placed on the Bush Administration’s response to the catastrophe was placed on a lack of communication from his press office, which Wallace was in charge of at that time. That very topic arose during a conversation between the ladies on the show yesterday. Rosie O’Donnnell asked Wallace about her involvement in what many called President Bush’s low-key response to Hurricane Katrina’s aftermath. Wallace dispelled the notion that it was her fault by pointing out that at the time she was having her lavish wedding on Mykonos."

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Nicolle should be able to afford to buy her BF some clothes now that she took over Chuck Todd's late afternoon spot. I think she will eventually force Chuck Todd to leave the network after the election. I am not the biggest fan of Cackles Wallace. She was too afraid to stand up to candidate Trump when she was a guest on Morning Joe during the primaries. She also refused to fight back against Mika during the 2016 election campaign when Mika applauded Trump for bringing on President Clinton's accusers during the second debate. Mika yelled at Nicolle on set.

Cackles refused to accept responsibility for the Bush administration's poor response during Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

From the Pappas post :

"Wallace is no stranger to the national stage. During the Hurricane Katrina tragedy, much of the blame placed on the Bush Administration’s response to the catastrophe was placed on a lack of communication from his press office, which Wallace was in charge of at that time. That very topic arose during a conversation between the ladies on the show yesterday. Rosie O’Donnnell asked Wallace about her involvement in what many called President Bush’s low-key response to Hurricane Katrina’s aftermath. Wallace dispelled the notion that it was her fault by pointing out that at the time she was having her lavish wedding on Mykonos."

I remember Mika yelling at Nicole. I believe that was the end of that friendship.   Mika has moved on to Katy and Kasie. I posted her new PDB (Psychotic Daily Briefing) on the hosts forum.  Things aren't getting better.   If Ladies Home Journal was still being published she & Joe would be featured in the monthly column "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" 

I wonder if Nicole has thought about what transpired while she was in the Bush Admin and is trying to make amends maybe?  She does go out of her way now to be as gracious as a person can be.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It was hilarious to watch Mika shuffling papers at 6 22 am. Her papers went from her screen onto Joe's screen. It could b the grocery list or minutes from Joe's meetings with world leaders.

It proves that Mika is sitting right next to Joe. Why can't the show film them sitting together? It's public knowledge that they are married & live together.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

If Ladies Home Journal was still being published she & Joe would be featured in the monthly column "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" 

This is my favorite comment of the day. Maybe the week. 

I used to read that column back in the day, and I am chuckling, just thinking about how a J&M version would be written.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

used to read that column back in the day, and I am chuckling, just thinking about how a J&M version would be written.

I know, it was my favorite part and I was just a little kid. My mom got all those magazines, LHJ, Redbook, Good Housekeeping. 

I remember Mika yelling at Nicole. I believe that was the end of that friendship.   Mika has moved on to Katy and Kasie. I posted her new PDB (Psychotic Daily Briefing) on the hosts forum. 

I really don't think MSNBC is like the Real Housewives of New York. The women there seem to get along pretty well and support each other. 

It's insane Nicolle Wallace used to work for GWB... but she is so damn talented I'm willing to forgive her anything... Like if she used to work for Pol Pot and her entire show consisted of her reading the phone book, I'd be there for it. She's just such a generous, engaged, smart and funny host tbh

20 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

They may each want a separate camera so either can wander off set while the other is ranting.

Well I also tend to wander off while one of them (read: JOE) is ranting so I'm not sure that strategy is working out, heh. oakville is right, they're literally the only humans on the tee-vee who don't *need* to socially distance. It looks silly and it feels like poor Mika has been exiled to Siberia

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I remember Mika yelling at Nicole. I believe that was the end of that friendship.

Have you forgotten Mika's little visit to Nicolle's show within the past year so Mika could pimp the book based entirely on her intern's experiences, and Nicolle drooled all over Mika...such a mentor, what a great friend.  I was so disgusted I boycotted (girlcotted?) Nicolle's show for a week.

47 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

My mom got all those magazines, LHJ, Redbook, Good Housekeeping. 

I just recently found out Family Circle stopped publishing a few months ago.  I was very sad. 

I get a bunch of magazines, but I won't pay for them.  I order them through freebie sites.  Good thing, since when I read them, I bitch about them and say if I had to pay money for them, I'd never read them.  Like Good Housekeeping and Better Homes and Gardens, which inexplicably publish pages and pages of beauty and makeup tips to the exclusion of the decorating porn I love and expect.

Kinda like Morning Joe, where you tune in for news and analysis, and get Mika instead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2