Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I'm going to enjoy this while I can. All over Twitter people are telling him his show is better with just Mika, and you know Joe is going to have to puff up his chest and reclaim his property. 

I don't get it.   I find the show literally unwatchable with her alone.   I have turned it off for the last two days.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Ms. "I made millions harassing other women to Lean In" Sheryl Sandberg has been conspicuously silent as well.  She isn't Leaning In to this problem of their own creation.  She has leaned away, to the point of taking zero responsibility for the actions of a company where she is COO and on the board.

Wasn’t Sandberg a guest on Morning Joe?

I think her husband died prematurely a few years ago & she wrote a book about it.

23 minutes ago, millennium said:

I don't get it.   I find the show literally unwatchable with her alone.   I have turned it off for the last two days.   

For me, what has made the show a bit more watchable is that Mika keeps it moving along without Joe droning on or arguing with/over panelists.  I wish they would move Stephanie Ruhle (or Kasie) up into that slot as her show really clips along and she shows up locked and loaded and has gotten much better about steamrolling over people (I used to notice that a lot a few months ago).  The rubber has truly hit the road these days and I want to hear the latest news with people that can speak intelligently to them.  The morning show needs a major overhaul.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

For me, what has made the show a bit more watchable is that Mika keeps it moving along without Joe droning on or arguing with/over panelists.  I wish they would move Stephanie Ruhle (or Kasie) up into that slot as her show really clips along and she shows up locked and loaded and has gotten much better about steamrolling over people (I used to notice that a lot a few months ago).  The rubber has truly hit the road these days and I want to hear the latest news with people that can speak intelligently to them.  The morning show needs a major overhaul.

What irks me is Mika's complete lack of talent.   She doesn't know how to read the news.   It always sounds like someone trying too hard or doing an impression of how they think a newscaster sounds.   Like a female Ted Baxter.   Add to that the way she badgers over things she has deigned too-important-to-miss, i.e., the Brennan interview the other day, or the Sarah Sanders press conference.   She is so amateur it drives me crazy, especially when I consider how much money she's being paid for such a poor performance.   Of course then I remember what she's really being paid for: to be a sidekick/straight man/cheerleader.   Which is fine as long as she sticks to that.   But don't foist a side dish on me and tell me it's the same as the main course.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

What irks me is Mika's complete lack of talent.   She doesn't know how to read the news.   It always sounds like someone trying too hard or doing an impression of how they think a newscaster sounds.   Like a female Ted Baxter.   Add to that the way she badgers over things she has deigned too-important-to-miss, i.e., the Brennan interview the other day, or the Sarah Sanders press conference.   She is so amateur it drives me crazy, especially when I consider how much money she's being paid for such a poor performance.   Of course then I remember what she's really being paid for: to be a sidekick/straight man/cheerleader.   Which is fine as long as she sticks to that.   But don't foist a side dish on me and tell me it's the same as the main course.  

A lot of this describes both of them. OMG. Mr & Mrs Ted Baxter. LMAO

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

How bad is Morning Joe?

People think it's better with Mika. Let that sink in. 

How fucking bad is something that Mika running it makes it better? 

Oh goodness, this is going to make me laugh for the rest of the day.  Thanks so much Teddysmom as I really needed it!

8 minutes ago, suomi said:

A lot of this describes both of them. OMG. Mr & Mrs Ted Baxter. LMAO

All I can think of now is Georgette Brzezynski . . . hee!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I agree.  No giggling boys talking about having sex with sea creatures.

• Love 2

So, this popped up on YouTube under recommended videos after I mentioned the unmentionable above. Now everyone must go through this with me. This is, um. Yeah. "Vibrator Gate Day 2"

ETA: Mika was a babe with that hair length and shade.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Mika was a babe with that hair length and shade.

Yes.  Wow.  When she looks to her left and bites her lip at around :35... wow.  Really, really attractive.  I had totally forgotten or never realized.

I'll never take you for granted, Stephanie Ruhle!   (Hmm... what would Stephanie look like as a Bond villainess?)

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 2

I don't get any babeness from Mika.   I don't know, maybe if I were stranded in a nursing home and watching TV ... but no.

Underlying all my complaints, I think, is my disdain for Mika's pretentiousness.   Instead of those stupid scarves, she should wear a sign around her neck that says "I AM BETTER THAN YOU."    Her constant reminding the audience who her father was, her hypocritical delusion that she is uniquely qualified to speak about sexual harassment and female empowerment, her tongue-clucking response to pop culture, her "signature" look (again, the stupid scarves -- who else in cable news has a "signature" look?  Oh, that's right, Tucker Carlson), her substitute teacher approach to moderating the show when the titular blowhard is absent ... all of it screams pretentious.

Maybe that's why I prefer the show when Scarborough is on.  Because he skewers her pretentiousness on a regular basis.   He cuts it right down to size, even without meaning to.  His presence alone discredits her because when you see them together you think, "There's Miss Know-Your-Value who's having a relationship with her boss."  And you start thinking she probably wouldn't have the job, or book contracts, or anything if not for her association with that blowhard.    When Scarborough's around, all Mika's airs go sailing right out the window.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7

Joe's cat makes an appearance. Some of the facial expressions on Willie and Harold J are priceless.

29 minutes ago, millennium said:

I don't get any babeness from Mika.   I don't know, maybe if I were stranded in a nursing home and watching TV ... but no.

Underlying all my complaints, I think, is my disdain for Mika's pretentiousness.   Instead of those stupid scarves, she should wear a sign around her neck that says "I AM BETTER THAN YOU."    Her constant reminding the audience who her father was, her hypocritical delusion that she is uniquely qualified to speak about sexual harassment and female empowerment, her tongue-clucking response to pop culture, her "signature" look (again, the stupid scarves -- who else in cable news has a "signature" look?  Oh, that's right, Tucker Carlson), her substitute teacher approach to moderating the show when the titular blowhard is absent ... all of it screams pretentious.

Maybe that's why I prefer the show when Scarborough is on.  Because he skewers her pretentiousness on a regular basis.   He cuts it right down to size, even without meaning to.  His presence alone discredits her because when you see them together you think, "There's Miss Know-Your-Value who's having a relationship with her boss."  And you start thinking she probably wouldn't have the job, or book contracts, or anything if not for her association with that blowhard.    When Scarborough's around, all Mika's airs go sailing right out the window.  

I swear she had a more pleasing personality before she started bleaching her hair. I don't know which came first, the bleach or the attitude.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, suomi said:

I swear she had a more pleasing personality before she started bleaching her hair. I don't know which came first, the bleach or the attitude.

Maybe Trump tipped the scales.   It's like she "got religion" and became as insufferable as those types.   Which I could forgive.  Because Trump has brought out the worst in many of us, whether for or or against.

• Love 3

Mr. Kemper and I had a little getaway...and could not figure out how to work the tv in our love nest.  (We are 70/80ish). So we missed a couple of days of MJ.  From what I have seen, the show runs more smoothly without Joe; guests actually get to speak; Meek-a is more relaxed and keeps things going.  We aren't constantly waiting for an eruption from the host.  To sum up, it is a better show without Joe; but I don't enjoy it as much.  I think because I just can't stand Mika.   Plus, part of me enjoys listening to his off-the-rails rants - it gets my blood circulating early in the morning.  I can direct any invective I am feeling about life in general towards his hair, his feet (without socks), his big head, and his sense of importance.   It gives me life.  We take what we can get.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, millennium said:

Mika was much better at being a solo host during the "Pre Trump Pre Affair" period of Morning Joe.days. She would do  a good job of keeping the show going. The show had a much more diverse range of topics & guests that Mika would comment on with some knowledge . Mika could discuss parenting issues, health, food, athletics etc. Spending two hours plus per day freaking out over everything Trump says, tweets or does not tweet is exhausting.

38 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Mr. Kemper and I had a little getaway...and could not figure out how to work the tv in our love nest.  (We are 70/80ish). So we missed a couple of days of MJ.  From what I have seen, the show runs more smoothly without Joe; guests actually get to speak; Meek-a is more relaxed and keeps things going.  We aren't constantly waiting for an eruption from the host.  To sum up, it is a better show without Joe; but I don't enjoy it as much.  I think because I just can't stand Mika.   Plus, part of me enjoys listening to his off-the-rails rants - it gets my blood circulating early in the morning.  I can direct any invective I am feeling about life in general towards his hair, his feet (without socks), his big head, and his sense of importance.   It gives me life.  We take what we can get.

Could Joe rants help people with low blood pressure? Joe's rants are hilarious.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Mika was much better at being a solo host during the "Pre Trump Pre Affair" period of Morning Joe.days. She would do  a good job of keeping the show going. The show had a much more diverse range of topics & guests that Mika would comment on with some knowledge . Mika could discuss parenting issues, health, food, athletics etc. Spending two hours plus per day freaking out over everything Trump says, tweets or does not tweet is exhausting.

Plus it fuels Trump's ego.   And diminishes MJ's brand.   The more they become dependent on Trump -- and it's now at 100% -- the harder they'll fall when the circus leaves town.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Maybe Trump tipped the scales.   It's like she "got religion" and became as insufferable as those types.   Which I could forgive.  Because Trump has brought out the worst in many of us, whether for or or against.

It's getting harder to remember the pre Trump era. I recall visiting my relatives in Buffalo during the 1990's. Some of them were very pro Clinton & others were anti-Clinton. I think the polarization grew after the Florida recount in 2000. I hope things calm down after the next election. You wouldn't believe how many people approach me every day at my cubicle to discuss the latest "whacky" thing that Trump has dome or tweeted. Life was a lot calmer pre smart phone Politico Breaking News Alerts . I wonder if Joe will show up tomorrow to rant about Trump replacing McMaster as National Security Advisor with the singer Michael Bolton. His music is OK but does he have the foreign policy experience? He has toured many countries during his career, but is he a Lover or a Fighter?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, millennium said:

Plus it fuels Trump's ego.   And diminishes MJ's brand.   The more they become dependent on Trump -- and it's now at 100% -- the harder they'll fall when the circus leaves town.   

Very True. What happens to the show post Trump? Mika & Joe will gloat over Trump leaving office .If Mike Pence replaces Trump, Joe will be excited that a "True Conservative" is back in power. However,how long will it be before Joe starts bitching about Pence? If a Democrat replaces Trump, Joe will start complaining about Government spending being out of control.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Very True. What happens to the show post Trump? Mika & Joe will gloat over Trump leaving office .If Mike Pence replaces Trump, Joe will be excited that a "True Conservative" is back in power. However,how long will it be before Joe starts bitching about Pence? If a Democrat replaces Trump, Joe will start complaining about Government spending being out of control.

But who'll watch?   Not me.   I stopped watching Keith Olbermann's show the day Obama was elected.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Joe's cat makes an appearance. Some of the facial expressions on Willie and Harold J are priceless.

Mika was more pleasant pre 2010. Her hair was a lovely color.

1 minute ago, millennium said:

But who'll watch?   Not me.   I stopped watching Keith Olbermann's show the day Obama was elected.  

There is a theory that Fox did well when Obama won the election & MSNBC did better when Bush Jr won the election.

I think all cable channels ratings are up with Trump winning.

Morning Joe became popular when Obama challenged Hillary Clinton. Mika supported Obama. Joe supported Hillary & called her his tv girlfriend. Joe liked McCain as well.

• Love 1

I broke away from the show to read Scarborough's Washington Post piece.

These reader comments amused me:

"snarkqueen" writes:

Are you sickened yet by your contributions to this reality, Joe? While you preach to your former colleagues about what should be done now to stop the result of your party’s downfall, do you feel any remorse for your role in the downfall? Are you filled with self loathing for embracing Donnie during his rise? Do you regret the hours of free TV you afforded him? Or the legitimacy it gave him to be on your show?

How dare you now decry what has become of conservatism when you stood by silently and even assisted the rise of the demagogues. You should instead be using your position, your money and your voice to help clean up the mess you helped make. Demand your former party impeach him until he can be prosecuted. Call out the ideology that has torn this country apart.

and immediately after that, from "cornan":

He actually thought trump would make him vice president! Remember that? He was trump biggest fanboy for months and gave trump millions of dollars worth of air time for free! And Mika joined in.

and "majordeegan":

It would be interesting to review "conservatism’s failures" over the last 50 years. But Joe will say he predicted what he doesn't know happened and Mika will effect a sigh, grandiosely, and then nod in agreement. Plus Mike Barnicle!

LOL,

• Love 6

Friday Recap. Mika is solo in the studio. She is wearing a black top with a gold / beige line. It looks like a uniform. Mika is mad at Trump's pagents.

Mika is very hyper & using her substitute teacher voice. Mika said that Trump can't read. She knows it for a fact. He needs glasses when he reads!

Mika said that Trump is obsessed with sex & Money.

Can Trump fire Muller directly? I thought it was Rosentein who has to do that.

Mika is badgering Heilemann for answers. How does Trump think?

Bolton is in . McMaster is out.

Mika said Sunday will be Stormy!.

Trump is assembling a war cabinet. War against Muller. Trade War against China. Hot War against North Korea & Iran.

Mika hyped Joe's article in the Washington Post.

Mika mocked Bolton for not knowing if he was a Fox Contributor or National Security Advisor.

Trump called McMaster. No tweets! Baby Steps!.

Heidi! is in the studio. Heidi said the generals calmed people down. Bolton is a Neo Con. The Iraq War was Bolton's idea.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, XOQueens said:

So, this popped up on YouTube under recommended videos after I mentioned the unmentionable above. Now everyone must go through this with me. This is, um. Yeah. "Vibrator Gate Day 2"

ETA: Mika was a babe with that hair length and shade.

This entire clip epitomizes the  hypocrisy of Mika Breszinski and her so-called “Know Your Value” workplace empowerment schtick. As her male colleagues taunt and belittle her with talk of sex toys in a way that is clearly intended to embarrass her, she sits and simpers and mugs for the camera.

• Love 2

I actually liked that Mika said trump is obsessed with sex and money.

I am also sick of these political journalists discussing what the hell is going on.  This goon and his not funny antics should scare the hell out of everyone.  And I agree with Joe, aren't there two republicans that will ever stand up and do the right thing? 

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is very hyper & using her substitute teacher voice. Mika said that Trump can't read. She knows it for a fact. He needs glasses when he reads!

Mika said that Trump is obsessed with sex & Money.

Mika has dramatically identified Trump as a human! 

Also, Heilan seemed very done and over with Mika. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

It would be interesting to review "conservatism’s failures" over the last 50 years. But Joe will say he predicted what he doesn't know happened and Mika will effect a sigh, grandiosely, and then nod in agreement. Plus Mike Barnicle!

LOL,

Ha!

Anyone notice how Mika has been trotting out this line over the past 3 days, "Trump has relationship issues.  With women... with putin... with.... "?  She's trying it on and hoping it becomes a thing.  You're not going to make "fetch" happen, Mika.  Just read the news and stay in your lane. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, stormy said:

And I agree with Joe, aren't there two republicans that will ever stand up and do the right thing? 

Nope. They're all afraid of being primaried, and if that doesn't happen, there's a better than 50/50 chance they'll lose in November anyway.  

Also, Joe was a Republican who wouldn't stand up to Trump until it became cool and he saw his ratings go from basement to landing at the top of the basement stairs.  So where does he get off yelling at all his former buddies? 

Re the comments from his WaPo musings, no wonder he loves Mika apparently she's the only person left that likes him. 

Does he have a contract with them to write these idiot columns that supercedes Marty Baron becoming editor? I cannot imagine Marty thinks Joe could find his ass with both hands, let alone give him a guest column writing gig.

Bolton was announced last night sometime after 6 pm, because it hadn't broke when I had The Beat on, I turned on Chris Hayes and saw it at 8:15 and my blood pressure shot up 20 points. So how much thought does Jo put into these columns that he dashed this out and got it published online for their morning edition? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

Speaking of girls in Hollywood bungalows, did the panel discuss Anderson Cooper's interview with Karen McDougal?

Yes, they ran some of the AC360 interview this morning and when I heard their affair was in 2006 (same as with Stephanie) I thought Good Lord how many women was he sleeping with in one year?  I used another term that starts with b and rhymes with hanging because the dog doesn't care how vulgar I am.

She thinks Ivanka is brilliant, and said she didn't think it was weird that he talks about how much he loves Ivanka and compared her to Ivanka, because she talks about how much she loves her dog. 

Yes but Karen do you talk about how you'd date your dog if he wasn't your dog? Or how hot your dog is?   

• Love 5

Yes my thoughts on not even two republicans are willing to stand up and say or do the right thing, I had the "pleasure" of FOX and Friends above my head at the gym this morning.

Lindsey Graham must have been forced to sign an NDA with Bolton. Cause he says finally after 8 years of leading from behind, our country will be safe with Bolton at the helm.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yes, they ran some of the AC360 interview this morning and when I heard their affair was in 2006 (same as with Stephanie) I thought Good Lord how many women was he sleeping with in one year?  I used another term that starts with b and rhymes with hanging because the dog doesn't care how vulgar I am.

She thinks Ivanka is brilliant, and said she didn't think it was weird that he talks about how much he loves Ivanka and compared her to Ivanka, because she talks about how much she loves her dog. 

Yes but Karen do you talk about how you'd date your dog if he wasn't your dog? Or how hot your dog is?   

The one in the AC interview thought she spent the weekend with Trump and now realizes it was the same weekend as his tryst with Stephanie Clifford.  Let that sink in . . . . there isn't enough hot water in the world to scrub some of that interview off of me.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Plus, part of me enjoys listening to his off-the-rails rants - it gets my blood circulating early in the morning

Hey Kemper, does MJ work better than Vasopressin?

Anyone alarmed that Wilfred Brimley is now our National Security Advisor? Hey if Trump keeps hiring away all the Faux News employees will:

1.  Faux News go off the air or

2.  Trump will have to move to a different network to find personnel.  May I suggest TLC? I think Dog the Bounty Hunter and Honey BooBoo's Mom are free....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The one in the AC interview thought she spent the weekend with Trump and now realizes it was the same weekend as his tryst with Stephanie Clifford.  Let that sink in . . . . there isn't enough hot water in the world to scrub some of that interview off of me.

I know, let alone the same year, but the same weekend? This is Silkwood shower material. 

The person I feel terrible for is Barron. That poor kid doesn't deserve any of this.  I'm sure Melania knew he was cheating on her, I don't think she thought it would be thrown in her face like this. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Trump will have to move to a different network to find personnel.  May I suggest TLC? I think Dog the Bounty Hunter and Honey BooBoo's Mom are free....

Lot of young women just got thrown off The Bachelor.... Obvious they have no self esteem and would welcome a chance to sell their soul again. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Lot of young women just got thrown off The Bachelor.... Obvious they have no self esteem and would welcome a chance to sell their soul again. 

Oh God Teddysmom and Whineandcheeze now I need a gallon of brain bleach . . . ugh.

5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

2.  Trump will have to move to a different network to find personnel.  May I suggest TLC? I think Dog the Bounty Hunter and Honey BooBoo's Mom are free....

Mohammed and Danielle from 90-Day Fiance could offer insights into immigration and the Muslim ban ...  Penny from My 600-lb Life could help profile the 400-lb person sitting on their bed who hacked the election, finally bringing closure to the Russia investigation ...  the cast of Little People, Big World could help Trump deal with Little Marco, Liddle Bob Corker, and Little Adam Schiff ...  you may be on to something!

• Love 5
On 3/22/2018 at 7:38 AM, madfortv said:

Lately I've noticed the commentators on MSNBC asking really, really long questions. Mika has been doing this lately.  UGH! I guess you need 20+ sentences these days to ask a question!

You're not the only one who has noticed it:

• Love 3
On 3/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, teddysmom said:

Re the comments from his WaPo musings, no wonder he loves Mika apparently she's the only person left that likes him. 

Bolton was announced last night sometime after 6 pm, because it hadn't broke when I had The Beat on, I turned on Chris Hayes and saw it at 8:15 and my blood pressure shot up 20 points. So how much thought does Jo put into these columns that he dashed this out and got it published online for their morning edition? 

Lol I looked at the replies to Mika’s tweet about “my Joe’s” article, and it was a wild mix of you are Stormy and you are better without him boo Joe boo

I did see some other political writer type replying to Joe about how he (he=Joe) used to shoot others down when they said the same thing years ago. 

Anyway, I too was wondering when he wrote that and how long this takes. Just many who, what, where, when, why questions lol. Is this the type of stuff that keeps him up at night? He had to have written it overnight. Does he do his WaPo all nighters in his suit and tie sans socks? Does he listen to Mystified as his background music?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Lol I looked at the replies to Mika’s tweet about “my Joe’s” article, and it was a wild mix of you are Stormy and you are better without him boo Joe boo

I did see some other political writer type replying to Joe about how he (he=Joe) used to shoot others down when they said the same thing years ago. 

Anyway, I too was wondering when he wrote that and how long this takes. Just many who, what, where, when, why questions lol. Is this the type of stuff that keeps him up at night? He had to have written it overnight. Does he do his WaPo all nighters in his suit and tie sans socks? Does he listen to Mystified as his background music?

Joe's a hypocrite. I doubt that he would dare challenge the GOP leadership on Guns or any other issue  if he was still a Congressman from Pensacola. He would have been primaried by a GOP opponent by now.

Joe is a TV hack & too chicken to run for public office. He knows he would be defeated if he tried to run in a GOP or Democratic primary.

The Washington Post lets him write articles that allow him to trash the GOP. That's fine.

I find Mika to be a hypocrite over getting excited about Stormy's interview with 60 Minutes  & the PlayBoy Bunny interview Anderson Cooper.

Would she like it if her ex husband or Susan Scarborough did an interview on 60 minutes discussing  Mika & Joe's affair.?

People living in glass bunkers/studios shouldn't throw stones.

• Love 6

I saw Karen McDougall with Anderson Cooper. She made me sick, really. To hear her talk about how she loved trump and he told her he loved her. Puke!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6