Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"When I travel this country, I meet with small business owners.  Many of them.  Medium sized business owners.  They all talk to me.  They all want to know.  Large business owners, and even very large business owners.  They all say the same thing, Trump is a pig.  Trump is a deplorable human.  Trump makes them physically ill.  Trump is an embarrassment and beyond distasteful.  But... that's right, BUT, he's opening mines in Colorado.  He's lifting restrictions.  He's changing policy.  He's helping us out.  That's what they tell me.

What a childish rhetorical conceit to make up a fake story to support your own point.  This is Joe's go-to move.  He's forever inventing stories to support some stupid pet narrative.

He's more full of himself than ever.   He would have us believe that every man out there, from captains of industry to Joe Sixpack, wants his ear, seeks his counsel.   At the same time, he's been doing "I told them so" all morning, making himself sound like an oracle whose sage advice was ignored by Donald Trump and the Republicans (who apparently were consulting him at every step).   

The show is so boring these last two weeks.   Change the name to Yawning Joe. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, millennium said:

He's more full of himself than ever.   He would have us believe that every man out there, from captains of industry to Joe Sixpack, wants his ear, seeks his counsel.   At the same time, he's been doing "I told them so" all morning, making himself sound like an oracle whose sage advice was ignored by Donald Trump and the Republicans (who apparently were consulting him at every step).   

The show is so boring these last two weeks.   Change the name to Yawning Joe. 

Ha! I think Joe or Mika should be forced to show up in a studio. Hosting a show from the Bunker makes no sense from an optics point of view.

• Love 2

I could really get on board with a Velshi/Ruhle show.  He is calm; she is intense..the play off of one another really well.  And they are not romantically involved.  They would both be in the studio most days...there would be no bunker.  When we tuned in each morning, there would be two co-hosts sitting together.  Geez, what do Joe/Meeka have on the powers-that-be that enable them to have such a sloppy show.

I would so miss the snark if Joemika left; it, and this board, liven up my day.  But I could get used to a well-paced show with competent hosts really fast.  I don't know why Ali Velshi left CNN..he was always one of my favorites.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

7:40 AM--Women Voting in the Rain !FOR HOURS! 

Wasn't there a Willie Nelson song called "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain"? That's what I think of every time I hear Women Voting in the Rain.

• Love 6

I could really get on board with a Velshi/Ruhle show.  He is calm; she is intense..the play off of one another really well.  And they are not romantically involved. 

I would love 3 hours of Velshi and Ruhle! They have such respect for one another and can cover a variety of topics.  I would also like to see Craig Melvin paired with someone to replace Joe and Mika.  Maybe Kristen Welker or Hallie Jackson? If they really wanted to stay with the idea of a couple, Craig's wife (Lindsay Czarniak) has left her job at ESPN. I have loved these two together since they were both on my local news. At least Lindsay wouldn't start cleaning out her purse every time the conversation turned to a baseball or football game. 

I enjoyed the conversation about women candidates just being themselves instead of trying to act like men. However, Claire Mccaskill needs to get over herself. Hillary Clinton is a private citizen now and can say what she wants. If Mccaskill doesn't agree, then say that but don't tell another woman she needs to "watch what she says".  I don't see Trump and the other Republicans being all that concerned about hurting liberals feelings!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Are you telling me that in order to get rid of Squinty and Meek-a, I have to endure another term of tRUMP??????   Or that to kick tRUMP to the curb in 2021, I'm stuck with the gruesome twosome every morning???   No no no no no no no no no.  Please no.  There must be a third option in that equation somewhere ?

Landsnark I will take 10 years of JoMika over  Trump. JoMika are idiots but they aren't destroying the country.   I always have options if I'm not up to their bullshit, or I know it's the same shit diff day. For instance, I watched a little of Judd Apatow's wonderful HBO documentary about Garry Shandling this morning. 

Joe ranting, or seeing how one of my favorite comedians got his start? No contest. 

No flipping. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Joe is still lugging around those steamer trunks under his eyes.  He's also not taking off his glasses, under the misguided impression that he's hiding them behind the lenses.  Guess what, Joe:  You can see out, therefore we can see in.   But he's not acting heartbroken, so should we chalk it all up to allergies? 

It really frosts my butt that we're on the second or third week of those two apparently not being able to be in the same room together - or even on the same screen, considering Joe's always in the bunker.  And didn't he say yesterday, by way of explaining Mika's absence, that she was on a "well-deserved vacation"?  That's a bit odd; wouldn't the lovebirds vacation together?  I'm really beginning to think there IS trouble is paradise.

My original conspiracy theory, before getting on the massive fight train, was Joe got mad at the whole of the internet @ing him to say how much better the show is with just Mika and how much better she is, full stop, without him, so he went day drinking with the divorcees of Florida. His spray tan really plays well into this fan fic about Joe and his new friends. Lol. 

Really, the show was so much better without the Brady Bunch cosplay on the screen and Joe’s newfound small business expertise. I guess he learned all that at the Goldman Sachs small business event they spoke at/his band performed.

Yeah, yesterday he said Mika has a well deserved day off. Now she has two well deserved days off, I guess. I’d be a little surprised if she shows up tomorrow. I do think something is up, at least with her (who knows about Joe, he’s so emotionally weird to me; I keep thinking if that pic of them in the car and they’re both grimacing at the camera and he has earphones in lololol). She didn’t even Tweet about her favorite topic ⛈ over the weekend, with the interview, the next day when Avenatti showed up on her show without her, or today with Clifford’s defamation filing.

Mika, wat r u up 2? r things ⛈ n ur lyfe?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

"When I travel this country, I meet with small business owners.  Many of them.  Medium sized business owners.  They all talk to me.  They all want to know.  Large business owners, and even very large business owners.  They all say the same thing, Trump is a pig.  Trump is a deplorable human.  Trump makes them physically ill.  Trump is an embarrassment and beyond distasteful.  But... that's right, BUT, he's opening mines in Colorado.  He's lifting restrictions.  He's changing policy.  He's helping us out.  That's what they tell me.

What a childish rhetorical conceit to make up a fake story to support your own point.  This is Joe's go-to move.  He's forever inventing stories to support some stupid pet narrative.

When does Joe travel the country? Does he mean he says hi to the guy stocking groceries at his fave shop in Nantucket? 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

When does Joe travel the country? Does he mean he says hi to the guy stocking groceries at his fave shop in Nantucket? 

When he and the band are traveling around in their Scooby van serenading the unwashed masses.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Landsnark I will take 10 years of JoMika over  Trump. JoMika are idiots but they aren't destroying the country.   I always have options if I'm not up to their bullshit, or I know it's the same shit diff day. For instance, I watched a little of Judd Apatow's wonderful HBO documentary about Garry Shandling this morning. 

Joe ranting, or seeing how one of my favorite comedians got his start? No contest. 

No flipping. 

In actuality I of course agree wholeheartedly.  ~   Since I am of the "get off my lawn" demographic, my biggest fear is that I'll drop dead while the orange buffoon is  still in the WH, making him the last US president of my life.  That simply cannot happen. 

Now that JoMika are not longer hosting MJ together, I find that I do watch when she's there and not so much when he shows up.  I really paid next to no attention to the show this morning because he's so unwatchable, in every sense of the word.  ~  He was looking so damn rough yesterday and today.

• Love 6

Later this morning Chris Jansing covered the 2020 census. The question of citizenship has been added which hasn't been in the census form since the '50's.

We're being dragged back to the pre civil rights era. Was anyone screaming about that on MJ today? It's disgraceful. Eric Holder works for a redistricting watch dog.  They are suing. Thank you Eric Holder

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, ShuFace88 said:

I enjoyed the conversation about women candidates just being themselves instead of trying to act like men. However, Claire Mccaskill needs to get over herself. Hillary Clinton is a private citizen now and can say what she wants. If Mccaskill doesn't agree, then say that but don't tell another woman she needs to "watch what she says".  I don't see Trump and the other Republicans being all that concerned about hurting liberals feelings!

Loved that part of the show.  And since snark is necessarily built into this format here we use, I have to add to my originally positive statement some negativity... Joe Scarborough is the very definition of all the obstacles to women succeeding in politics.  He spread the fake news about Hillary, he said, "There is Something About Her I Just Don't Like," he called her an "historically flawed candidate," he harped on only negatives about her.  However, he knew to keep his big yap shut during that segment.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, stormy said:

Later this morning Chris Jansing covered the 2020 census. The question of citizenship has been added which hasn't been in the census form since the '50's.

We're being dragged back to the pre civil rights era. Was anyone screaming about that on MJ today? It's disgraceful. Eric Holder works for a redistricting watch dog.  They are suing. Thank you Eric Holder

See this is what I'm talking about.  Spending three hours every fucking day bashing Trump is getting so old. Who cares?  They have spent SO much time talking about Stephanie Clifford, her attorney, why isn't Trump tweeting, blah blah blah. He's crazy, he's awful he's a racist. Yeah I know.  That's why I didn't vote for him, and tried to tell everyone I knew prior to the election what a piece of shit he was.

Call me when somebody is actually doing something about it other than bitching.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 9

See this is what I'm talking about.  Spending three hours every fucking day bashing Trump is getting so old. Who cares?  They have spent SO much time talking about Stephanie Clifford, her attorney, why isn't Trump tweeting, blah blah blah. He's crazy, he's awful he's a racist. Yeah I know.  That's why I didn't vote for him, and tried to tell everyone I knew prior to the election what a piece of shit he was.

10 trillion likes, teddysmom.  TEDDY WOULD BE PROUD.....

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Loved that part of the show.  And since snark is necessarily built into this format here we use, I have to add to my originally positive statement some negativity... Joe Scarborough is the very definition of all the obstacles to women succeeding in politics.  He spread the fake news about Hillary, he said, "There is Something About Her I Just Don't Like," he called her an "historically flawed candidate," he harped on only negatives about her.  However, he knew to keep his big yap shut during that segment.

But Joe Scarborough says no one is more of a feminist and less chauvinistic than Joe Scarborough! He gave his poor underpaid coworker his bonus, you know. 

Lol

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

When the fuck does he have time to do this?  He travels the country and talks with all biz owners.  Are we circling back to this bullshit again, Joe? You just walk up and down the street going into offices, stores, other businesses, and everyone stops what they're doing to tell you they hate Donald Trump but love uranium mining? 

Opening mines in Colorado and killing all the people who live near them. WOOHOO!!! 

10 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

10 trillion likes, teddysmom.  TEDDY WOULD BE PROUD.....

Teddy is very proud of me. He just doesn't like when I yell at the tv in the morning and scare him.  "Don't watch that mean man, Mommy, he's awful and he upsets you. And Donald Trump is bad too". :)

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Wouldn’t it be more entertaining if the show focused on up and coming Democratic candidates.? Trump bashing is boring. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wouldn’t it be more entertaining if the show focused on up and coming Democratic candidates.? Trump bashing is boring. 

Katy Tur interviewed Rachel Crooks, running for Congress from OH and a Trump accuser. 

If Mika wants to do something relevant and focus on women, follow Katy's lead and interview women running for office in 2018. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

Katy Tur interviewed Rachel Crooks, running for Congress from OH and a Trump accuser. 

If Mika wants to do something relevant and focus on women, follow Katy's lead and interview women running for office in 2018. 

I’m not so sure Mika gets any say in what she does when Joe is there (either in person or in the bunker), otherwise all her Know Your Value friends would be cycled in more regularly. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s behind her oversized Frau cardigan sets so no one looks at his fiancée like he looked at her ex husbands wife. ?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ShuFace88 said:

I would love 3 hours of Velshi and Ruhle! They have such respect for one another and can cover a variety of topics.  I would also like to see Craig Melvin paired with someone to replace Joe and Mika.  Maybe Kristen Welker or Hallie Jackson? If they really wanted to stay with the idea of a couple, Craig's wife (Lindsay Czarniak) has left her job at ESPN. I have loved these two together since they were both on my local news. At least Lindsay wouldn't start cleaning out her purse every time the conversation turned to a baseball or football game. 

Claire was very upset at Hillary in 2008. She said that she would be scared at allowing her teenage daughter be alone with Bill Clinton in an elevator. She was afraid that Bill would flirt or sexually assault her. Hillary was mad at Claire for that comment. Claire had to apologize & eventually endorsed her for President in 2016. The story was covered on Morning Joe

• Love 1

As far as Rachel Crooks goes, Rachel Maddow had her on a couple of months ago.

And whining Claire McCaskill was on Kasie's show Sunday night. (Claire no longer friends with M & J?)

Joe likes to talk about women standing in line in the rain. As long as they're not on his show.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

But Joe Scarborough says no one is more of a feminist and less chauvinistic than Joe Scarborough! He gave his poor underpaid coworker his bonus, you know. 

Lol

Joe didn’t share his bonus with Willie or any other staff members. He gave the cash to Mika in exchange for ...? At a later date

2 hours ago, stormy said:

This is a big issue. States with large numbers of illegal immigrants would probably have lower populations counted. Illegal immigrants won’t fill out the census forms. The electoral college for 2024 would be affected.

• Love 3

Yes congressional districts will not be properly represented. People that qualify for food stamps and other social services would be effected too.

And we need more chaos with the electoral college.   :(

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

As I may have mentioned before, I am no match for recommended videos section of YouTube. Today, I came across this gem. None other than our own Joe Scarborough melting down about, well, about many things -- including Iraq and .... bashing everyone at MSNBC for being Independents

https://youtu.be/DJc8K3P49ls?t=2m50s

ETA: it's hard to believe, but he was even worse back then. 

Edited by XOQueens

Fire the AV guy!   Echo chamber effect!   What next?  Mic feedback?  This is the sort of thing that happens to the guitar guy in my church.

Sorry for being cold-hearted, but I don't care about Mika's father and I find it strange the panel is falling over itself to praise a dead guy I never heard of until I watched this show.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, millennium said:

Fire the AV guy!   Echo chamber effect!   What next?  Mic feedback?  This is the sort of thing that happens to the guitar guy in my church.

Sorry for being cold-hearted, but I don't care about Mika's father and I find it strange the panel is falling over itself to praise a dead guy I never heard of until I watched this show.

Wednesday recap. Joe is still in the bunker but he is not wearing glasses. The echo chamber is horrible. How does MSNBC allow that.

The top story is that Dr Z would have been 90 today. OK. Joe is going over board praising Dr Z. Mika is in a anan adult film actress.other bunker with too much light. She is wearing a violet scarf.  Joe is making hand signals about his ear piece while Mika is talking.

Mika keeps calling Stormy a porn star. That is rude. Lester Holt calls her an adult film actress.

Joe is ranting about John Bolton starting a war with North Korea & Iran.

Mika is lisping the words face lifts. Mika is mad at Trump for talking about her plastic surgery at Mar A Largo.

They are making fun of Trump for not punching back at Stormy Daniels.

Joe is mad that TRump called him a murderer

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, millennium said:

Agreed. Something is definitely fishy about these two people. Why would Joe allow the show to open with such bad acoustics ?

Why would Joe allow a tribute to Mika's dad at the beginning of the show? Normally this would be done at the end of the show.

Joe is old enough to remember the  Iranians taking 52 American Embassy employees hostage crisis in Iran & Dr Z's's role in the  starting the crisis.

It ended up costing Jimmy Carter his job. There was also an oil embargo against the USA in 1979. I remember the gas lines when we were on holidays in Cape Cod.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

It ended up costing Jimmy Carter his job. There was also an oil embargo against the USA in 1979. I remember the gas lines when we were on holidays in Cape Cod.

I thought you were in Canada.   You're supposed to vacation at Old Orchard Beach.

We sometimes went to Canada for vacation.   My parents had friends there.   At the risk of dating myself, I went to Expo '67 (but I was very young).  And Old Fort Henry.   And the Thousand Islands tour, all that, lol.  Oh, and we would stop at Frontier Town in the Adirondacks on the drive home.

Edited by millennium
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Barnicle, Heileman & Heidi are in the 3rd studio. This is weird. Where is Willie?

Heidi is excited about all the women who Trump harassed.

Barnicle, Heileman and Heidi are in New York, Willie is on vacation. 

Joe and mika are together, but trying to make it look like they are in separate locations, even though they just talked about watching the Muppet movie together last night. What a weird show. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, cased said:

Barnicle, Heileman and Heidi are in New York, Willie is on vacation. 

Joe and mika are together, but trying to make it look like they are in separate locations, even though they just talked about watching the Muppet movie together last night. What a weird show. 

Wait, didn't Mike Barnicle play Statler in that movie?

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, millennium said:

I thought you were in Canada.   You're supposed to vacation at Old Orchard Beach.

We sometimes went to Canada for vacation.   My parents had friends there.   At the risk of dating myself, I went to Expo '67 (but I was very young).  And Old Fort Henry.   And the Thousand Islands tour, all that, lol.  Oh, and we would stop at Frontier Town in the Adirondacks on the drive home.

I grew up in Montreal which is a 7 hour drive to Cape Cod.  I went there every summer. My parents met there. The water is warmer in Cape Cod than Old Orchard Beach. Old Orchard is popular with french speaking Quebecers.

My parents went to Expo 67. I wasn't born yet.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

The 2020 election polls are out. Biden 7 Sanders would beat Trump 55-39. Kamala Harris would win 43-39. Booker wins 49-39.

This is a weird poll. Wouldn't Harris be more popular than Biden?

The highest name ID would beat Trump.

Joe is watchingthe Muppets.

Heidi is posing for Glamour Shots .

So Mika & Joe watch movies together but can't be in the same studio for work?

Joe Biden & Sally Yates as a ticket in December 2018?. What is Barnicle smoking? It's surely illegal.

• Love 2

Someone is trying to make it look like Joe/Mika are on a set together by making their closeups the same size -- but their backgrounds are completely different colors, although the buildings are similar.  They seem glued to the pose of "sit frozen and stare into the camera." 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, cased said:

They. Are. So. Weird. 

• Love 2