Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

While I am enjoying this conversation about where Trump will find his next lawyer, Podhoretz had a great idea on Nicolle's show yesterday:

https://twitter.com/DeadlineWH/status/978834956939157506

I think they are in separate studios (or whatever is going on today) because they are jealous of the new walls that Rachel and now Nicolle have with the names of people Trump either fired or dissed via Twitter.  My guess their wall will be all their quotes that do not support Trump so people will stop bringing up those pesky ones that do.  That or it will be a rolling montage of videos of them galloping through the streets of Manhattan and the South of France.

Ha! I like Podhoretz, I think he’s funny and usually jolly AF. I’d watch a show of him and Heilmann drinking and talking shit. 

Do #joeandmika still have the tres romantic pics of themselves up around commercials? I’m a cord cutting millennial and stream via the app so the commercial situation is a bit different on my end. I remember when I found out they have a private photographer. What does he shoot if his photos aren’t used on the show anymore? They haven’t updated the MoJoe Instagram or Flickr in months. It’s all quite weird, their branding is really slipping.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

She’s really opening herself to a lot of shit about her own affairs. 

I gulped every time the words "extramarital affair" were uttered this morning. Kudos to them for going there, I guess.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Every time I hear "Stormy Daniels" I think of that beautiful 60's Classics IV song, "Stormy."

Me too! But I imagine it as Trump looking at the TV and wistfully singing "Oh, Stormy . . . oh, Stormy. Bring back that <can't think of a good substitute for sunny day>."

Did I hear Joe ask this morning whether evangelicals would vote in the rain, or was I dream-watching again?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Ha! I like Podhoretz, I think he’s funny and usually jolly AF. I’d watch a show of him and Heilmann drinking and talking shit. 

Do #joeandmika still have the tres romantic pics of themselves up around commercials? I’m a cord cutting millennial and stream via the app so the commercial situation is a bit different on my end. I remember when I found out they have a private photographer. What does he shoot if his photos aren’t used on the show anymore? They haven’t updated the MoJoe Instagram or Flickr in months. It’s all quite weird, their branding is really slipping.

I like Podhoretz too.  At least you know what's coming at you within a few seconds.  When he's in a good mood, he's terrific and when he has his cranky sweater on, forget it.  I haven't seen any of their specially branded commercials in a while.  Maybe they are holding off until they have wedding pictures.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, suomi said:

I gulped every time the words "extramarital affair" were uttered this morning. Kudos to them for going there, I guess.

It’s so weird (I know I keep saying that lol) from two people who are going to such extremes to pretend they aren’t in the same location and for someone (cough Mika) who loses her mind any time their romantic relationship/engagement is mentioned on air. They’re practically inviting Hannity in for ratings gold. 

I can’t believe Mika looks so rough on her vacay. Lord girl. She looked so good on her own in DC... now she looks like she spent a week in Azkaban. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, millennium said:

Why would anyone who likes movies, television, popular music and popular culture want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't like movies, television, popular music or popular culture?

Why would a pro choice Catholic liberal get involved with a chauvinist,twice married,  evangelical Baptist who is strongly pro life, has an A rating with the NRA and treats said liberal like shit on national television? 

20 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Azkaban. 

Say that to her and she'll respond, "why did you think I'd been in Afghanistan?" 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Why would a pro choice Catholic liberal get involved with a chauvinist,twice married,  evangelical Baptist who is strongly pro life, has an A rating with the NRA and treats said liberal like shit on national television? 

Say that to her and she'll respond, "why did you think I'd been in Afghanistan?" 

Insert [I was rooting for you!] Tyra Banks gif. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

Me too! But I imagine it as Trump looking at the TV and wistfully singing "Oh, Stormy . . . oh, Stormy. Bring back that <can't think of a good substitute for sunny day>."

Did I hear Joe ask this morning whether evangelicals would vote in the rain, or was I dream-watching again?

"Bring back that NDA"

• Love 6

1 HOUR AGO, JORDAN BAKER SAID:

"Bring back that NDA"

Suomi, you win the interwebs today!!!!  I was just logging in to suggest " Bring back your spanking ways."

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Suomi, you win the interwebs today!!!!  I was just logging in to suggest " Bring back your spanking ways."

Thank you! I like yours. It's naughty. I would love to see "plants" at various opportunities, women with rolled up magazines.

(Little remembered factoid from, IIRC, 1970's The Bust Book: What To Do Until The Lawyer Comes. From the Demonstration chapter. Newspapers, especially the Sunday paper, when rolled can be used as a means of self-defense; when dropped after their purpose is served, they become simply litter. My demonstrating days were over by the time that book came out but I've never forgotten that tip.)

29 minutes ago, jjj said:

The podcasts I saved are dated, but I can't remember when that incident happened.  

Your wish is our command.

Edited by suomi
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Best show ever.  As I recall they even had to cut it off 15 minutes early and not finish out the last hour live or otherwise.  An MJ classic.

When was that show? I recapped it, but I can’t remember the date

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

When was that show? I recapped it, but I can’t remember the date

Ohhhh, yeah. Thank you. Here I am stressing about finding the date. Duh. RECAPS. Maybe you could search your MJ episodes posts for words like "wasted" or "drunk" or "high." I seem to remember those. LMAO.

Edited by suomi
3 hours ago, stormy said:

The poll of trump vs the Democratic party was interesting. I hadn't seen it before. In fact CNN has been showing one this week that show trump's approval rating at 42.

And the poll has respondents overwhelming approving of trump's handling of the economy and domestic trade.

The top story on CNN was the North Korean's in China. Trump has already taken credit for it.

Trump won the Electoral College with 46% of the popular vote.  The NY Times article from yesterday gives the GOP an estimated 214 seats in 2018. Morning Joe makes it sound like the GOP will be wiped out.

Mika & Joe should focus on covering the upcoming election. Stop with multiplie studios all over the USA

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, suomi said:

Ohhhh, yeah. Thank you. Here I am stressing about finding the date. Duh. RECAPS. Maybe you could search your MJ episodes posts for words like "wasted" or "drunk" or "high." I seem to remember those. LMAO.

Joe’s been saying he doesn’t drink. I wonder if he’s lying, and why, since they made a commercial with him being brought back to life after a bender (I don’t remember how long ago the commercial was, but someone posted it here recently).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe’s been saying he doesn’t drink. I wonder if he’s lying, and why, since they made a commercial with him being brought back to life after a bender (I don’t remember how long ago the commercial was, but someone posted it here recently).

He played a bit of a rough character in that and IMO was a bit too convincing. Like Mark Harmon:Ted Bundy.

• Love 1
On 2017-11-27 at 6:38 AM, oakville said:

Monday Recap.

Joe showed up late to the set & had hs microphone installed by one of the taff.

Mika & Joe were giddy and mocking viewers that believed that the show was live  on Friday.

Mika  said the viewer who complained to the Washington Post  was probably Trump & she called him a moron.

Joe refused to name the newspaper & doesn't like it that they used un named sources.

Joe warned viewers that they will not inform viewers again if the show is not live. It's not a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Mika's hair is a mess & has not been combed.

Mika is mocking Trump's tweets in a sarcastic voice.

Joe said he had his family over during the holiday & they didn't talk politics. Some of his family still supports Trump. Mika mocked Joe's family for supporting Trump.

I have never seen Mika so giddy before at 6 am.

Joe is excited that Flynn may be indicted. He said Flynn was close to Trump throughout the campaign so he knows what Trump was doing.

Joe is mad at Trump for picking fights over the NFL.

Joe is demanding that everyone speak up for the free press.

Joe forgot that at 6 01 am, he attacked the newspaper that wrote a negative article about him about Friday's taped show.

Joe is going on a long rant about how much he loves CNN. &

I think this is the show they were drunk on

On 2017-11-27 at 6:49 AM, oakville said:

Joe is shouting about the lack of ambassadors in many countries. Joe used the term "ass" on live TV.

I predict joe will get bleeped by the end of this show.

Mika said Trump is not fit to be President.

Joe is now saying people will get hurt by Trump's tweets.

I wonder if they went to a late party last night & just showed up on set. Mika is wild today!. Did she take some ADHD pills?

She has theories about everything!

Mika is going on about MAGA Pill website. Joe is scared about her behavior.

Joe said they would play clips of his new Trump Christmas album! Mika beamed at Joe.

It’s this episode

• Love 2

Mika's hair is a mess & has not been combed.

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Oh, my. Thank you. 11-27-2017. Now for the podcast, somehow ...

• Love 1
6 hours ago, millennium said:

At the risk of dating myself, I went to Expo '67 (but I was very young).

I went to Expo '67 too, and I was very young (6 years old)!  I lived in Rochester, NY.  My brother and I were Irish dancers and there was an Irish dancing competition there that my parents took us to.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, roughing it said:

I went to Expo '67 too, and I was very young (6 years old)!  I lived in Rochester, NY.  My brother and I were Irish dancers and there was an Irish dancing competition there that my parents took us to.

I still have my parents expo67 passport

• Love 1

My brother and I were Irish dancers and there was an Irish dancing competition there that my parents took us to.

Ha,that was before Michael Flatley (who was mesmerizing, IMHO). My Riverdance tape was worn out.  OT:  why do the girls wear those krazee curled wigs.  I could understand them all wearing red wigs or something, but why those??

I didn't have to have curly hair in my dancing days, but my daughters had to have curly hair as part of the "look".  I used to curl them myself the night before and they would sleep in the rollers, but then everyone started wearing the curly wigs for convenience.  I prefer just natural hair.

And....back to the show.  Will Mika and Joe ever appear together again?  Or is this the new normal?

Edited by roughing it
  • Love 2

Remember, they later provided a new opening 20 minutes or so to cover up the original opening -- BUT THE ORIGINAL OPENING WAS THE ONE THAT WENT ON THE PODCAST! 

I did download that podcast, and will try to paste the URL here.  Okay, I did that and tried to open the episode from the link I have for the 11-27-17 podcast, but it takes me to iTunes and the most recent 12 or so podcasts.  So, I don't know any way to forward the actual podcast from that date.  It did make me laugh to hear the opening again.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/morning-joe/id974299441?mt=2&i=1000395311648 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, cased said:

Barnicle, Heileman and Heidi are in New York, Willie is on vacation. 

Joe and mika are together, but trying to make it look like they are in separate locations, even though they just talked about watching the Muppet movie together last night. What a weird show. 

This was one of the more bizarre conversations of recent times. Mika's random, belated "KERMIE!" almost made me choke. Then the awkward silence when Heilemann calls the poll out for being incredibly stupid. And then the awkward tension eventually followed up by Joe explaining how he wanted to show Mika a Muppets movie from the 1980s because that's what her family did when she was a kid. But then no-longer-a-child-Mika starts critiquing it so he turns it off. No talking during the movie or Daddy will shut it down! Tsk tsk! All the while they're pretending they aren't in the same city. ?

• Love 5

Have you ever tried to explain snark-watching to someone who doesn't do it, wouldn't do it and has never heard of it? I usually finish up with "Ay, mi vida loca" while slinking away.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, oakville said:

It’s this episode

Yes.  That’s right. It was the Monday after Thanksgiving. That was a weird week, because for that whole week Mika was not wearing her engagement ring, and she tried to keep her left hand hidden all the time. By the following week, the ring was back. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, suomi said:

He played a bit of a rough character in that and IMO was a bit too convincing. Like Mark Harmon:Ted Bundy.

LOL, poor Mark Harmon.  I joke about that all the time.  He'll always be Ted Bundy.  (The actress who played his girlfriend in that movie, Glynis O'Connor, called me at home once regarding an unrelated matter and we had a great 45-minute conversation -- no Mark Harmon jokes, though)

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

Screw them all and their fawning praise for Roseanne and "learning to laugh" at the political divide.

To say you're a Trump supporter comes with the implicit and undeniable reality that you support racism, homophobia, lying, and sexual abuse of women, for starters.   Then there's the systematic demolition of democratic institutions and that whole "Rusher and Trump" thing.

Being a Trump supporter isn't a takeout menu.   You can't say, well, I just support the tax cuts and the elimination of Obamacare.   You support Trump, you support the whole enchilada.  

Scarborough knows that, but he's selective about where he casts shade.   If it behooves him to sound enthusiastic about Roseanne, he'll do it, probably hoping he can get her on the show

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, suomi said:

Have you ever tried to explain snark-watching to someone who doesn't do it, wouldn't do it and has never heard of it? I usually finish up with "Ay, mi vida loca" while slinking away.

It's difficult. My wife wonders why I would recap a show every morning that I don't like watching. I used to enjoy the show. I flipped through all the possible options this morning. I can't believe that MSNBC is allowing Mika & Joe to host a show from 2 separate studios yet they are in the same place. It makes no sense.Why not find a studio that can accomodate both hosts? Why not let someone else host the show? I turned on the show this morning & shook my head.

Joe said there are many lawyers on the show. Joe will brag that he is a country lawyer.

My neighbor in Oakville is the co host of Canada's equivalent of the Today Show. She has a similar role  to Savannah Guthrie. She is very nice & she used to do TV promos in front of our home. I might start watching that show.

22 minutes ago, millennium said:

Screw them all and their fawning praise for Roseanne and "learning to laugh" at the political divide.

To say you're a Trump supporter comes with the implicit and undeniable reality that you support racism, homophobia, lying, and sexual abuse of women, for starters.   Then there's that whole "Rusher and Trump" thing.

Being a Trump supporter isn't a takeout menu.   You can't say, well, I just support the tax cuts and the elimination of Obamacare.   You support Trump, you support the whole enchilada.  

Nothing funny about that.

I's sad how polarized the American public has become. I used to watch Roseanne when the show first aired. Did they discus politics back then?

I remember that Family Ties discussed politics. Alex was pro Reagan & his parents were Democrats.

24 minutes ago, millennium said:

To say you're a Trump supporter comes with the implicit and undeniable reality that you support racism, homophobia, lying, and sexual abuse of women, for starters.   Then there's that whole "Rusher and Trump" thing.

Nothing funny about that.

Roseanne is coming to do a comedy show in Oakville in April. The local theatre is almost sold out. From a business point of view, it was smart for her to support Trump on her show. I was watching Fox & Friends & they were excited about the strong ratings.

• Love 2

Will Morning Joe spend 3 hours on Trump's legal problems? Anything else going on in the World? It's opening day for Baseball. I am going to the game to see the Blue Jays battle the evil NY Yankees. Morning Joe used to discuss baseball. Don't US Presidents throw out the first pitch on Opening Day.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

I's sad how polarized the American public has become. I used to watch Roseanne when the show first aired. Did they discus politics back then?

I remember that Family Ties discussed politics. Alex was pro Reagan & his parents were Democrats.

Roseanne is coming to do a comedy show in Oakville in April. The local theatre is almost sold out. From a business point of view, it was smart for her to support Trump on her show. I was watching Fox & Friends & they were excited about the strong ratings.

Politics isn't the same sport it was in the past.   It's dirtier and far uglier today, with higher stakes.   There is an active intent to hurt people, to destroy lives, to take away health care, to remove people from their homes, to punish people for who they are, for who they love, and for committing the unforgivable sin of being poor.   

7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Will Morning Joe spend 3 hours on Trump's legal problems? Anything else going on in the World? It's opening day for Baseball. I am going to the game to see the Blue Jays battle the evil NY Yankees. Morning Joe used to discuss baseball. Don't US Presidents throw out the first pitch on Opening Day.

Not Presidents who can't be guaranteed that he won't be booed.   Trump NEVER goes anywhere where there's a chance he will be booed or catcalled.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, millennium said:

Politics isn't the same sport it was in the past.   It's dirtier and far uglier today, with higher stakes.   There is an active intent to hurt people, to destroy lives, to take away health care, to remove people from their homes, to punish people for who they are, for who they love, and for committing the unforgivable sin of being poor.   

I agree. Luckily Canadian politics has not descended to that. It's sad what is happening to the USA. People have political differences in Canada but we don't have heated battles over taking away healthcare from people.  In fact, political parties here are trying to increase access to prescription medicines & dental care even if you have a health & dental provided by your employer.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, millennium said:

Not Presidents who can't be guaranteed that he won't be booed.   Trump NEVER goes anywhere where there's a chance he will be booed or catcalled.

Didn't Trump show up at a College football game in Alabama around New Year's?  I remember Joe used to bash Obama for throwing the baseball like a girl.

8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Didn't Trump show up at a College football game in Alabama around New Year's?  I remember Joe used to bash Obama for throwing the baseball like a girl.

The key word is "Alabama."

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, oakville said:

I agree. Luckily Canadian politics has not descended to that. It's sad what is happening to the USA. People have political differences in Canada but we don't have heated battles over taking away healthcare from people.  In fact, political parties here are trying to increase access to prescription medicines & dental care even if you have a health & dental provided by your employer.

Gee, it's almost like your government works for your people.

• Love 5

I am having fun watching my neighbor talk about the Blue Jays on TV. It's an easy going show.

Is Joe still ranting about Trump's legal problems ? This is boring.

8 minutes ago, suomi said:

Gee, it's almost like your government works for your people.

Isn't that what government is supposed to do?

• Love 2