Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Just now, XOQueens said:

Who wants to bet a truck:::: that Joe is on the phone with Very Important People right now trying to make sure Trump doesn't deflect from today by tweeting about Mika (or him, or them) again. 

Barnicle never paid off Mika with the Truck over whether Trump would win he GOP nomination. That was cheap of Barnicle. He has enough money that he could have donated the truck to a charity.

13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think Joe was chiding Mika for her "Are there going to be revelations in the 60 minutes interview?" question.   That's kind of a duh question.  The attorney is helping to promote this interview, and his not answering questions would lead most people to believe  there are going to be revelations. 

I forgot about that one. So he chided her at least twice in one short segment. Joe gets an A+ in assholery today. Lol. 

I get what you're saying, but I also don't think it was that bad of a question. I just assumed the 60 Minutes interview would be more "Can't answer this" and "Can't answer that" (like every other interview thus far) mixed in with the basic information that broke a few weeks ago from the pre-non-disclosure interview a few years ago. 

ETA: I'm also not sure if I feel like Mika got lucky stumbling into that question. On one hand, yeah, for sure, and she blabs stuff out enough on the regular to just put it all out there. But despite her faults, she is rather intuitive and, given her upbringing in DC politics, I have no doubt she's been around these types of affairs/divorce/scandal cover ups with threats before (not with the president, mind, lol). I'm leaning toward giving Mika full and proper props for this. Lol

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3

For me, neither Joe or Mika are good interviewers.  Mika does well reading the news and Joe's role should be the color commentator.  Actual interviews should be handled by Willie or Heileman.  Like Teddysmom said, Mika has no self control and Joe can't help but make the topic/segment be about himself. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I get what you're saying, but I also don't think it was that bad of a question. I just assumed the 60 Minutes interview would be more "Can't answer this" and "Can't answer that" (like every other interview thus far) mixed in with the basic information that broke a few weeks ago from the pre-non-disclosure interview a few years ago. 

Joe could have said, "I think we can assume there will be revelations he can't discuss now", but Joe being Joe, he has to be an asshole. 

From what I've read, this interview is going to expose a lot of stuff Trump wants kept quiet.  Trump can't keep 60 minutes from airing the interview, he can only sue Stormy. 

If she wasn't going to say anything, I don't think CBS would bother.  It's not a stunt like what Kimmel pulled when he had her on, just to poke at Trump.  He knew she couldn't say anything back then. 

What kills me is as awful as JoMika are,  think what they're going to be like now, getting this scoop. Jesus Mary and Joseph, they will be fucking unbearable. 

And Joe will do everything in his power to play this down, and bring up Bill Clinton. Because as much as he tries to make it sound like he hates Trump, he's trying to coach him with the insults. He still thinks Trump is savable.  That's why the constant "yeah but" on anything he does.

Yeah but Clinton. Yeah but Obama. Yeah but Bush.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

What kills me is as awful as JoMika are,  think what they're going to be like now, getting this scoop. Jesus Mary and Joseph, they will be fucking unbearable. 

And Joe will do everything in his power to play this down, and bring up Bill Clinton. Because as much as he tries to make it sound like he hates Trump, he's trying to coach him with the insults. He still thinks Trump is savable.  That's why the constant "yeah but" on anything he does.

Lol oh for sure. Joe is going to try to rewrite this as his scoop too, you just know it, after telling Mika her questions are stupid. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

they will be fucking unbearable

"Will be?"  Thank God this happened on a Friday.  It won't even be a memory by Monday.  Trump will have fired a few people and whole new news cycles will already have ended by then.
100% chance at their rehearsal dinner or at the reception, someone is going to give a speech where the loving couple is referred to as "...fucking unbearable.  I kid, I kid.  Mazel Tov!"

• Love 5

Three minutes in and I turn to CNN because I think I'm watching The View.

An hour later at the gym MSNBC and FOX are above my head. MJ is talking to Ari Melber and Joyce Vance (she's fabulous) about important news but FOX has one of their financial guys who says the media is disingenuous cause no one cares about old affairs and Russia. Trump has saved the world in the past year, didn't ya know?

The next big story on FOX is an NYPD cop killer getting out of jail.

Meanwhile back on MJ is Stormy's lawyer (yay!). Stormy will not be backed into a corner! Stormy cannot be muzzled!

• Love 5

I liked how Donnie, after the famous-forevermore, "Threat Of Violence Moment, March 16, 2018" that savvy, gnarled journo, Mika Bryzynski cracked wide open that memorable Friday morning, how Donnie said, "I know who it was.  It was..."  And Joe about leapt out of his seat, "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!  NO.  I think we all can suspect who but we won't surmise here now." 
Ha.  That slander lawsuit by Michael Cohen would shut the show down.  Joe being smart.  But I do like gossipy Donnie.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"I know who it was.  It was..." 

Keith Schiller. 

Every news/political web site has this as their lead story.  

I really wonder if this wasn't set up, if she told the attorney she was going to ask it as the last question, and they knew what would happen. This is a little too perfect. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I really wonder if this wasn't set up, if she told the attorney she was going to ask it as the last question, and they knew what would happen. This is a little too perfect. 

I doubt Joe would let anything like this get set up without him being the one to break it.

32 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"Will be?"  Thank God this happened on a Friday.  It won't even be a memory by Monday.  Trump will have fired a few people and whole new news cycles will already have ended by then.
100% chance at their rehearsal dinner or at the reception, someone is going to give a speech where the loving couple is referred to as "...fucking unbearable.  I kid, I kid.  Mazel Tov!"

Are you thinking there's a 100% chance of the wedding actually taking place? I kid, I kid. Maybe? Lol

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

re you thinking there's a 100% chance of the wedding actually taking place? I kid, I kid. Maybe? Lol

I have serious doubts about them ever getting married. Not for a long time. Maybe once her daughters are a little older and get over how she behaved. 

• Love 3

Weren't there several references to "a cake being baked"  "baked cake"  "that cake is baked" this morning?  Is that kind of like Goose is Cooked?  Been There Done That?  It's All Over.  We all Knew That. We're Done Here.  Nothing to See Here.  

I love this board!  You guys should write a new West Wing type of show about the Trump White House.  It would practically write itself; you could just add the "special" touches.

• Love 2

I think it was "baked into" everyone's perception of Trump, meaning Trump having affairs, being an asshole, etc. is known information and nothing revelatory about it.

Trump threatening a woman with violence if she doesn't stay quiet, or the woman having physical evidence of an affair, (God help us if it's pictures/video) that's a new one. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Weren't there several references to "a cake being baked"  "baked cake"  "that cake is baked" this morning?  Is that kind of like Goose is Cooked?  Been There Done That?  It's All Over.  We all Knew That. We're Done Here.  Nothing to See Here.  

I love this board!  You guys should write a new West Wing type of show about the Trump White House.  It would practically write itself; you could just add the "special" touches.

Mika loves cake. Mika usually makes sure that a cake is available on set for her, Joe' or anyone else on the show.

The "cake baked in" theory is that Trump did not run as a family values candidate, so people accepted the fact that he had affairs & was crude towards women.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I liked how Donnie, after the famous-forevermore, "Threat Of Violence Moment, March 16, 2018" that savvy, gnarled journo, Mika Bryzynski cracked wide open that memorable Friday morning, how Donnie said, "I know who it was.  It was..."  And Joe about leapt out of his seat, "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!  NO.  I think we all can suspect who but we won't surmise here now." 
Ha.  That slander lawsuit by Michael Cohen would shut the show down.  Joe being smart.  But I do like gossipy Donnie.

It would be hilarious if the show got cancelled because they accused someone without proof of threatening Stormy.

Morning Joe only came on the air after Don Imus was fired for insulting an Female African American basketball team's hair style.

Donnie Deutsh's MSNBC show was cancelled after he showed a picture of Keith Olbermann as a left wing extremist. Olbermann demanded that he be fired.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Keith Schiller. 

I thought it would be Corey Lewandowski. However, I have no clue if the physical threat story is true.

Din't Joe say that he & Mika were physically threatened due to people becoming ill after listening to his songs. ?

• Love 3

"Someone left the cake out in the rain," said Joe last week, quoting "MacArthur Park".  Didn't know actual cake was so important to Mika.

11 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika loves cake. Mika usually makes sure that a cake is available on set for her, Joe' or anyone else on the show.

The "cake baked in" theory is that Trump did not run as a family values candidate, so people accepted the fact that he had affairs & was crude towards women.

Heilemann said that some women that were sexually assaulted feel worse than what may have happened to Stormy Daniels. Is he referring to his partner , Mark Halperin?

Joe went on a rant about Bill Clinton authorizing the sale of missile technology to China by his cronies. Joe was furious about Clinton's cronies lying to the committee that he was on.

Joe said no one cared about Clinton's cronies lying about serious issues, but they all got excited about Monica Lewinsky.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

However, I have no clue if the physical threat story is true.

I can't imagine the attorney saying it if she didn't have proof. He would have said "I can't answer that". 

Hell for all we know the Russians are threatening her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I'm glad you brought this up Landsnark as you could almost hear the lawyers that must have been screaming at them throughout the break.  I have never seen a group so carefully walk back some of the more unfortunate comments that were almost said right before the commercials.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, jjj said:

"Someone left the cake out in the rain," said Joe last week, quoting "MacArthur Park".  Didn't know actual cake was so important to Mika.

I think Mika's books referenced her love of Cake. She had an eating disorder & she would binge on cake after starving herself for a day.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Joe could have said, "I think we can assume there will be revelations he can't discuss now", but Joe being Joe, he has to be an asshole. 

From what I've read, this interview is going to expose a lot of stuff Trump wants kept quiet.  Trump can't keep 60 minutes from airing the interview, he can only sue Stormy. 

If she wasn't going to say anything, I don't think CBS would bother.  It's not a stunt like what Kimmel pulled when he had her on, just to poke at Trump.  He knew she couldn't say anything back then. 

Yeah but Clinton. Yeah but Obama. Yeah but Bush.  

I wonder if Trump would call Joe if  he loses control of Congress in November? Would Joe leap at the chance to be a Chief of Staff or Senior Counsel to Trump?

Stranger things have happened. Mika would faint.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Keith Schiller. 

Schiller, interesting.  The obvious guess was Cohen, huh.

I agree about the set up as I caught the last half of Cuomo grilling Avenatti right after Morning Joke (<---- got that via Twitter earlier today) and Cuomo looked a little pissed about the revelation.  Avenatti basically said something about "you don't expect me to say the exact same thing on every show".  I got the impression Cuomo expected to drop that particular bomb with the 60 Minute interview being with AC and it makes sense as I was actually watching Mika when she asked the question and it seemed to be spur of the moment.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Lol. I laughed, but then I felt bad because I'm 99.9% sure that comes from her having all the eating disorders. 

• Love 2

I think Mika's books referenced her love of Cake. She had an eating disorder & she would binge on cake after starving herself for a day.

That's an eating disorder?  I thought it was just called "Thursday" (or Friday, etc.)

I wonder if Ms. Daniels is getting paid for 60 Minutes.  They don't seem like the type of show that would pay???

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

That's an eating disorder?  I thought it was just called "Thursday" (or Friday, etc.)

I wonder if Ms. Daniels is getting paid for 60 Minutes.  They don't seem like the type of show that would pay???

For me, if it was about money enough would have been grubbed up (even if Cohen had to take out a second line of credit) to get her to shut up.  They did something bad to her and she is going to make them pay.  And she found a lawyer that is able to scare the daylights out of that Stupid Watergate gang.  They're used to kicking around construction vendors, welcome to the big leagues boys.  Being President isn't all cheering crowds and never having to stop for a red light.

Seriously, if you guys get a chance check out the front page of Mediate.  There is a priceless shot of the MJ crew reacting to the Stormy Daniels bombshell but unfortunately I don't have the technical skillsets to capture and post it.  If I didn't know better I would say it was edited but it's not.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Seriously, if you guys get a chance check out the front page of Mediate.  There is a priceless shot of the MJ crew reacting to the Stormy Daniels bombshell but unfortunately I don't have the technical skillsets to capture and post it.  If I didn't know better I would say it was edited but it's not.

I got you, lol.

Ncx6x4C.jpg

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I got you, lol.

Ncx6x4C.jpg

Oh thank you my friend and I hope you can hear me laughing all the way by you . . . honestly they look like puppies when you put them in the car to take them to the vet for the first time and each one has a different reaction.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

No. No legit paper, network, etc pays for interviews. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, stormy said:

Haha! It looks like some weird rendition of the Last Supper!

Too bad they didn't have cake at the end of the show. I just found some old cake in my fridge. It's stale. I am sad. :)

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Heilmann's sitting there like, I knew I should have done a wake and bake this morning.

Xoqueens, I just want to say thanks for always broadening my internet horizons . . . wake and bake. hee!

Too bad they didn't have cake at the end of the show. I just found some old cake in my fridge. It's stale. I am sad. :)

No one ever found old cake in my fridge, 'Jus Sayin'. You shall have to console yourself with warm cookies...

My bet....all this is going NOWHERE. Probably the 60 Minutes story will get kwashed, and we will all have spent our employer's time typing out all these comments for nuthun'. (I am in a Sarah Palin apostrophe-usin' mood)

• Love 1

While everyone is excited about Stormy Daniels & Trump, I found the interview with Graeme Wood to be fascinating. Germany is trying to deal with 1 million refugee claimants. It was an interesting interview that showed how the German government is trying to distinguish between refugee claimants & economic migrants. The migration started after Gaddafi was killed in Libya & the Syrian Civil war broke out. This interview reminds me Morning Joe in its glory days. I would learn something new.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/04/the-refugee-detectives/554090/

Mika & Joe  are repeating the clip with Stormy's lawyer every few minutes.

Joe was ridiculous to ask the author of "It can Happen Here" about Star Wars Return of the Jedi. That is irrelevant . Mika , repeated that she hates Star Wars.

• Love 2

It was interesting to watch the way Joe spun the physical threat revelation. The lawyer clearly stated that he couldn't say whether the threat came from Trump or someone associated with Trump, but the minute he was off the show Joe pounced, repeating the claim but adding that it was someone associated with Trump who made the threats. Heileman ended up having to walk that back in the next segment.

It's just so typical of what Joe does - takes something grounded in truth and puts his own incorrect interpretation on it.

Also, count me in the camp of those who believes Mika stumbled across that question by sheer accident. She was so zeroed in on the $130,000 part - "Why that amount? What is it about that amount? It's an unusual amount!" that I can't believe she had any other thoughts in her vapid little head.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Also, count me in the camp of those who believes Mika stumbled across that question by sheer accident. She was so zeroed in on the $130,000 part - "Why that amount? What is it about that amount? It's an unusual amount!" that I can't believe she had any other thoughts in her vapid little head.

If there is a recording of it somewhere, watch her 2 minutes before the show ends.  She congratulates herself and her detective work in zeroing in on the right question.  "I just knew.  I just knew there was more.   More... like... a THREAT maybe."   haaaaa.  I laughed.  Then facepalmed.  Then wrote on this board.

• Love 3

Also, if I am understanding the internet correctly, George Soros has more money than anyone on earth, and all of it is for convoluted conspiracies designed to sap the precious bodily fluids from True American Patriots.  Why isn't he just paying for these women to break their NDAs?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She kept saying it was a weird number for someone with so much money.  

We're talking about Donald Trump.  This guy doesn't pay for anything if it doesn't have to. 

I do find the $130K to be puzzling. Why isn't it a round number? Perhaps it was 100K damages + 30K legal fees ?

7 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She kept saying it was a weird number for someone with so much money.  

We're talking about Donald Trump.  This guy doesn't pay for anything if it doesn't have to. 

Very True. He is known to not pay contractors if he finds a fault with their work.

Kudos to the Previously.TV graphics design team for the "on fire" symbol next to this forum. Morning Joe is now a hot show!. LOL!

• Love 2

Joe missed a golden opportunity to combine his law experience and his personal life experience. “When I drafted NDAs for my ex-wife and my fiancées ex-husband, we used round numbers.”

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

He is known to not pay contractors if he finds a fault with their work.

He is known to not pay contractors, period. There can be no problem at all, he'll just make one up, he knows he can wait them out if they sue.  He has run more than one company out of business with his bullshit. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

No one ever found old cake in my fridge, 'Jus Sayin'. You shall have to console yourself with warm cookies...

My bet....all this is going NOWHERE. Probably the 60 Minutes story will get kwashed, and we will all have spent our employer's time typing out all these comments for nuthun'. (I am in a Sarah Palin apostrophe-usin' mood)

I am off work today. I picked a good day to watch the entire show. I wonder what will happen between Stormy & Trump. Luckily Willie & Heilemann were on the set for the interview with Stormy's lawyer. I  found it interesting that  Stormy's lawyer used to work for Jonathan Turley. Did Morning Joe know that he would reveal explosive details & then just so happen to have his former supervisor as a guest shortly later? Was there an emergency call placed by Morning Joe bookers to Turley? It's an odd co incidence.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

He is known to not pay contractors, period. There can be no problem at all, he'll just make one up, he knows he can wait them out if they sue.  He has run more than one company out of business with his bullshit. 

Very true!. I was trying to be polite:)

I will never forget how Trump's  decision to speak at a hotel that we were staying at in Sarasota created havoc with our vacation budget  in 2012. The room rates went up by $150 per night & the hotel was packed with security & GOP Congressmen & Senators. We were blocked from accessing the elevators while he was going upstairs to prepare for a speech. He is very tall in person & had several bodyguards around him.

Looking at the clip from the event at the Sarasota Ritz , you can see Trump's bodyguard(Keith Schiller)  , who Mika & Joe think threatened Stormy & Trump's lawyer , Gary Cohen who paid the settlement to Stormy from his home equity  line of credit.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Joe missed a golden opportunity to combine his law experience and his personal life experience. “When I drafted NDAs for my ex-wife and my fiancées ex-husband, we used round numbers.”

Ha!. Joe did draft a clause in his divorce agreement from his second wife where she stated that he was faithful & a good father. If the divorce was so amicable, why was there a clause that stated that Joe couldn't visit Susan's part of the house that he & Susan lived in. It's very unusual. It's like a quasi restraining order.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Looking at the clip from the event at the Sarasota Ritz , you can see Trump's bodyguard(Keith Schiller)  , who Mika & Joe think threatened Stormy & Trump's lawyer , Gary Cohen who paid the settlement to Stormy from his home equity  line of credit.

Michael Cohen, Trump lawyer, threatened a Daily Beast journalist over an article. I assumed they were all referring to this guy, but maybe not. Details of the threats against the journalist from the lawyer are down toward the end of the story. How insane that there are an entire handful of possible suspected folks though. 

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up… for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet… you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” he added.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-me-feel-violated-during-sex

• Love 2
5 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I got you, lol.

Wow, they really look like they have been blown away! 

5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh thank you my friend and I hope you can hear me laughing all the way by you . . . honestly they look like puppies when you put them in the car to take them to the vet for the first time and each one has a different reaction.

3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Ha, I am actually eating a warm cookie while reading this thread and listening to the Nicolle Wallace show, which she labelled "Porn Friday."**  And is quoting extensively from the Morning Joe/lawyer interview.  Jennifer Rubin (WaPost writer) was giving a great critique of the MJ interview.  Even if you don't like how Mika asked the questions, she certainly got responses that are playing over and over on the other shows today. 

**Come on Nicolle, be fair, *every* day is Porn Day at this point. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I do find the $130K to be puzzling. Why isn't it a round number? Perhaps it was 100K damages + 30K legal fees ?

Very True. He is known to not pay contractors if he finds a fault with their work.

That is a very good explanation -- she was paid $100K and the 30% attorney's fee was paid on top of that. 

It is always so entertaining to watch the really good lawyers on the other side of Trump's issues, like Stormy's stoney-faced attorney on Morning Joe today, compared to the chuckleheads that we see on television "defending" him, but really just tossing chum into the roiling sea.

Edited by jjj
  • Love 3