Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

To clarify, Joe said Eric GarDner.  He just will not get the man's name right.  Talk about adding insult to injury!

Agreed. Why did he keep mispronouncing his name ?

1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I sense a theme here, Oakville! This is one of the many reasons I can't watch this show. Joe's yelling and outrage day after day is just soul killing and no way for me to start the day. I caught a glimpse of the Rev. on my surf over to CNBC: that emaciated look is not aging well.

Agreed. It's very tough to watch the show now. Mika & Joe are very angry that President Trump has not been following their advice for the past 3 years . Mika & Joe worked hard to get him elected & gave him recommendations for his cabinet & tips on how to run his administration.  Trump would be very popular with women if he had agreed to Mika's KYV philosophy. Men would swoon at Joe's principled conservatism with respect for the Constitution. Trump could have followed Joe's solutions for a balanced budget.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. It's very tough to watch the show now. Mika & Joe are very angry that President Trump has not been following their advice for the past 3 years . Mika & Joe worked hard to get him elected & gave him recommendations for his cabinet & tips on how to run his administration.  Trump would be very popular with women if he had agreed to Mika's KYV philosophy. Men would swoon at Joe's principled conservatism with respect for the Constitution. Trump could have followed Joe's solutions for a balanced budget.

And don't forget Joe's band, The Pathetics, could play in the lounge at Mar A Lago every Thursday night! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joe and Mika are excited that Atlanta rapper Killer Mike urged people not to burn down their city.  Mika seems excited.  She and Joe love Killer Mike.

Joe is wearing a black suit, white shirt and a black tie.  He got a haircut and color. 

Al Sharpton recalled riots in 1968 following the death of MLK Jr.  Al says there is a battle against neglect of criminal justice.

Joe fears that rioting and looting help Donald Trump. 

Mika claimed to care about suffering businesses.  She seems to me like the type of person who shops at the fanciest Georgetown stores.  She is such a fake asshole.

Joe quoted Congressman John Lewis.  It would be great if they cried about how he performed their wedding.

Edited to add, I mixed up Joe and Mika's famous political connections.  Rep. John Lewis is their good friend, and the late Rep. Cummings united them in holy matrimony.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, freddi said:

Mika:  “His talk with the governors was just, just off the hook.” 

???

She's talking about Trump's phone call with all the governors.  It's posted online at Washington Post and I believe on Twitter. 

Where's Joe today? Working on his latest tribute song? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

Joe says religious leaders are angry with the president for using churches in response to protests.

Joe reminded us that he is a man of God and was raised as a Southern Baptist.  God speaks to Joe.

Joe ranted about protestors and members of the press getting hurt.  Joe is especially offended that a member of the Australian press got hurt in Lafayette Park.

Joe called on Defense Secretary Mark Esper to resign.  I'm sure Esper's gonna get right on that.

Poor Jonathan Lemire, someone give him a show so he  can get away from Blowhard Joe.  He deserves so much better.

• Love 5

They invited  Wes Moore from Robin Hood, an anti-poverty organization, to speak; he was so eloquent about race and justice, then Joe/Mika just continued to blather, not recognize what he had said.  Then ten minutes later, Willie followed up with Moore, who made a further very eloquent statement, and I thought, Ah, they will let this moment and speaker engage.  But no, Mika jumped in like Moore had never spoken. I know this is their style, but sometimes, they need to step away from their loud talking points and learn how to elevate a fresh, reasoned voice on their show.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe says religious leaders are angry with the president for using churches in response to protests.

Joe reminded us that he is a man of God and was raised as a Southern Baptist.  God speaks to Joe.

Joe ranted about protestors and members of the press getting hurt.  Joe is especially offended that a member of the Australian press got hurt in Lafayette Park.

Joe called on Defense Secretary Mark Esper to resign.  I'm sure Esper's gonna get right on that.

Poor Jonathan Lemire, someone give him a show so he  can get away from Blowhard Joe.  He deserves so much better.

Joe called out James Mad Dog Mattis for not insulting President Trump ! I doubt General Mattis would do that .

Joe is mad at Trump calling the looters thugs. Joe used to call Trump & his minions thugs.

Viewers are lucky to have a religious scholar like Joe hosting the show.

Was Mika wearing too much red blush ?

Why is she wearing a blue bathrobe?

• LOL 4

If this morning's drinking game is 1 shot for every time Joe says "inflection point," I would already be speaking backwards to my wife, crying, standing in a pile of empty bottles.
This morning I should do 1 sit up for every time Joe says "Churchill," 'Inflection Point," or "Mattis"

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

If this morning's drinking game is 1 shot for every time Joe says "inflection point," I would already be speaking backwards to my wife, crying, standing in a pile of empty bottles.
This morning I should do 1 sit up for every time Joe says "Churchill," 'Inflection Point," or "Mattis"

For the first hour, I couldn't take my eyes off two pieces of white lint on his suit jacket, near where a pocket square should go.  Is nobody in the control room?  I walked by the screen again around 8:45 a.m. and one piece was gone, the other was on his left sleeve. Oh, the things that drive me crazy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mika is off again today. Joe still sounds like shit.

Joe is still talking about the president's visit to St. John's church on Monday.  

Joe says that polls show that two-thirds of Americans oppose the way that the president has handled the protests.  Willie said that Trump wants to put the military in the streets.

Jonathan Lemire said that the White House is fixated on the clashes involving some protestors.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 7

The poll that Joe is citing regarding protests is an ABC News/ Ipsos poll with 700 respondents.  I am not sure that a sample size of 700 represents the views of a nation of 300 million.

Is Joe pulling random polls off of Twitter?  He seems so half assed and low energy about everything.

• Love 7

Joe's back to concerned campaign manager at 6:30 when the conversation switches to what can trump do to turn this around. 

I expect Joe to show up with a trump 2020 bumper sticker on his forehead. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It was funny to see Joe & Steve Ratner at a loss for words after the Labor Force Survey was released at 8 30 am. Everyone was expecting a loss of 8 million jobs , but 2.5  million jobs were created. Joe had to admit that it was good news. Ratner said that the number was at odds with the unemployment claims & was worried that Trump would take advantage of the good report & brag that America was recovering.

• Love 3
(edited)

Mika is off today.  Apparently, She is no longer interested in the show.

Al Sharpton joined Joe.  Al is on his way to Houston for George Floyd's memorial service and burial.  Al said that Joe Biden will be in Houston tomorrow for the service.  Al is probably gonna pull some photo op shit if he can get past Dr. Jill Biden.

Joe has a hard-on for Colin Powell because he announced that he does not support Trump.  Powell says that Trump drifted away from the Constitution.

Mitt Romney marched against racism.  Mitt is a civil rights crusader now.  

Kasie Hunt is on the show.  She flew on a plane with Mitt Romney.  She says he was nice in his private moments. It sounds so intimate, Kasie.

Kasie has a neck like a football player.  Scoop neck tops are not your friend Kasie.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Donnie joined the show from his home in the Hamptons.  Donnie looks rough.  

Donnie is pumped that polls are unfavorable to Trump.  Donnie has some personal issues with Trump since Donnie had a failed relationship with Marla Maples.

An ABC/Ipsos poll of 1100 voters shows Biden leading Trump by 14 points.  Joe seems happy about the commanding lead.

Jonathan Lemire says it is hard for the president to bring up his poll numbers.  Lemire says Trump might go more negative on Biden. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is off today.  Apparently, She is no longer interested in the show.

She's not the only one.🙂 I flipped by a few times and it was all Joe, all the time. Snooze fest.

I heard NY state was starting to open today. Did she fly off to her "struggling" hair stylist for a proper cut and color?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Mika and Joe are off today.  I missed the beginning of the hour, so it is unclear what is going on. 

Yesterday Joe said Mika would be on today, and now, they are both off. 

Did MSNBC fly them to Houston to run the broadcast for the George Floyd memorial?  

Willie is hosting  the show with Yasmin from First Look.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika and Joe are off today.  I missed the beginning of the hour, so it is unclear what is going on. 

Yesterday Joe said Mika would be on today, and now, they are both off. 

Did MSNBC fly them to Houston to run the broadcast for the George Floyd memorial?  

Willie is hosting  the show with Yasmin from First Look.

Willie just said Joe and Mika have the day off.  Um, they work from home, nes pas?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I missed the beginning of the hour, so it is unclear what is going on. 

Who cares? 

Today was so much more enjoyable.  I don't need yelling and sighing and fumbling over two syllable words at 6 am.  Interrupting people who were nice enough to get up at 6 am to be on your shit show. As we all have noticed the list of people willing to do that  is getting shorter and shorter. 

Willie & Yasmin can host every day as far as I'm concerned.   Just give Yasmin the 6-9 am show. She can handle it. Let her sleep in an extra hour and rerun Rachel or BriWi at 5 am. 

Yasmin can do the stories she does at 5 am, and then get into more in depth interviews. First Look is the better more concise version of Morning Blech, anyway. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Ohhhh. Stop with yourself!!!!!! That would be like the day they "covered" the aftermath of a tornado. Out of their league.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Today was so much more enjoyable. 

Sorry I missed it...a rare statement from me regarding this show.

• Love 3

Donnie joined the show from his home in the Hamptons.  Donnie looks rough. 

You'd think he'd have plastic surgeon contacts who could inject him at his house???

I'm was driving in when someone said something like the Democrats major in hand-wringing, and I laughed out loud.  Good to have this show finally make me feel something pleasant.

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 6/8/2020 at 6:19 AM, nittanycougar said:

Joe has a hard-on for Colin Powell because he announced that he does not support Trump.  Powell says that Trump drifted away from the Constitution.

Mitt Romney marched against racism.  Mitt is a civil rights crusader now.  

Kasie Hunt is on the show.  She flew on a plane with Mitt Romney.  She says he was nice in his private moments. It sounds so intimate, Kasie.

Kasie has a neck like a football player.  Scoop neck tops are not your friend Kasie.

Joe neglected to mention that Colin Powell has not endorsed a Republican for President since 2004.

Joe said he was a longtime friend of Romney's. He said that Romney's campaign was upset with Joe because he was very critical of the Romney campaign in 2012 because they were too cautious on issues. Joe said Romney should have listened to him & he would have become President.

Why don't all politicians listen to Joe?

I remember that Joe voted for Rand Paul's dad in the 2012 GOP primary.

Donny looked horrible. His face has numerous bruises. Was he in a fight ?

I was also distracted by the mirror in the background that was showing his feet bobbing around.

It also looked like he had a urinal on the table in back of him.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 5

Catching up with Monday's show.

Joe was very cautious in talking to Rev Al. Joe took 2 minutes to ask him a question with a preamble that most police officers are good, but some are bad. Furthermore, most protesters were good, but some looters took advantage of the situation.

Joe was very careful to downplay any of the damage from looting .

Rev Al agreed with Joe and was more forceful in saying that George Floyd's family did not support looting.

Joe is afraid of arguing with Rev Al now.

Joe was also timid in discussing the stock market's recovery with Ratner. Joe was afraid to admit that the market had recouped virtually all of its losses. Joe hopes that viewers won't remember how gleeful he was when the market had collapsed in March.

Joe said that the market is higher because companies can lay off workers after the pandemic is over . Ratner had to explain to Joe that companies had to be saved & that the government's PPP plan & federal reserve liquidity has helped the market. Interest rates are virtually zero.

Joe's knowledge of the stock market is very limited.

Joe got Ratner to explain that the unemployment rate is not accurate. It's worse than the BLS survey report.

Ratner said the fiscal stimulus & federal reserve moved much more quickly during this crisis compared to 2008.

• Love 4
(edited)

Looks like Mika had some work done on her face.  Her skin is smoother and her face is plumper than usual.  

Reverend Al back, giving a glowing review of his own performance as the officiant at George Floyd's funeral. 

Joe reminded us that we can die from Covid-19. 

Rev. Al reminded us to practice social distancing.  They practiced distancing at George Floyd's funeral according to Al. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
(edited)

6:41 a.m. Eastern: “Black women voting in the rain.”

BINGO!

The clip of George Floyd’s funeral with the families of other police violence victims rising to their feet was very moving. 

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Looks like Mika had some work done on her face.  Her skin is smoother and her face is plumper than usual. 

She looks botoxed and it appears her hair has been done.

That D. Senate candidate from Georgia was impressive, and the level of corruption in their voting process is fucking astonishing.

Joe interrupting Mika to go on a wildly bizarre rant about Mark Meadows was so uncomfortable I had to mute then change the channel. 

• Love 4

Did I hear Madeline Albright thank Mika for "the work you do"?

Since when is eating cake considered work? 

Or did she say "thank you for the work you had done?" 

I actually thought, Did Mika fly to NY or France or wherever she goes on a private jet and have a little nip and tuck on the face?  Then I felt bad for approx 2 seconds as I thought maybe Bebop is sick and that's why she was off. 

I was in the bathroom when I heard Mika speak to Madeline Albright, I didn't even know she was on this morning so I didn't get to see Mika ver 5.0

I was so disappointed when I saw Joe instead of Willie & Yasmin I turned it off at 6 am. I didn't want to hear Joe blather on to Rev Al about the funeral, trying to sound like he's been a friend to #BLM all along.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've had long standing back issues that have flared up badly during quarantine from... doing nothing and sitting with bad posture.  An awkward night's sleep Sunday and I woke up a leg that didn't move well, a lower back locked in place and an upper back in spasm.  It has since mostly resolved until...

14 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Since when is eating cake considered work? 

the laughter put my back in spasm.  THANKS @teddysmom

Mika stress-eating cake by the fistful is the funniest thing in the world.  Sorry Mika, I'm sure you're lovely in real life.

• Love 7

Running and rerunning reporters asking Republican senators for their reactions to tweets is a waste of time.  Who cares?

More time should have been spent on the disgraceful situation in GA yesterday. And the mess going on in Iowa to prevent absentee voting (but I saw that on Rachel's show last night.  I don't expect MJ to cover hard news stories).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Running and rerunning reporters asking Republican senators for their reactions to tweets is a waste of time.  Who cares?

More time should have been spent on the disgraceful situation in GA yesterday. And the mess going on in Iowa to prevent absentee voting (but I saw that on Rachel's show last night.  I don't expect MJ to cover hard news stories).

Why do any work when you have footage from a week ago you can keep running. 

They don't even know about the debacle in Georgia, Mika was probably still woozy from "her work", and Joe had to pick her up at the airport. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Who cares?

This has become our theme.

I think Mika has given Dr. Dave, esteemed laser surgeon, some work now that the show has furloughed him from his gig as resident Covid expert. What happened to her big, splashy announcement that she gave up the Botox and other facial enhancements?? Oh, yeah, it was big and splashy and got her a little bit of attention but she's "moved on". Similar to having Trump on daily and squirming over him and now declaring him the enemy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

In today's Adventures in News (mis)Reading, Mika pronounced "photo op" as "photo app."

There was no excuse. She was reading directly from a news report that was displayed on the screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Eliot said:

6:41 a.m. Eastern: “Black women voting in the rain.”

BINGO!

The clip of George Floyd’s funeral with the families of other police violence victims rising to their feet was very moving. 

I was very excited to hear that !. I hope it is the title of Joe's next book.

• LOL 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, oakville said:

I hope it is the title of Joe's next book.

The title of his book that he didn't get released last fall as promised is "This Ends Badly". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2