Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I don't know who the guests are going to be for tomorrow's show.  But might there be a chance they will make time to discuss Jim Jordan?  I don't know if the story on my Facebook feed and Mediaite is factual or not...but hopefully we will hear some something.  From Joe, of course.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I don't know who the guests are going to be for tomorrow's show.  But might there be a chance they will make time to discuss Jim Jordan?  I don't know if the story on my Facebook feed and Mediaite is factual or not...but hopefully we will hear some something.  From Joe, of course.  

Probably won't air a new show being a holiday. Usually it's just MSNBC live or reruns of various segments.  I'd be surprised if JoMika even appear Thursday or Friday. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

Been watching the show less because my schedule has changed so I rely on the posters here to get my fix. When the news broke today/tonight I recalled the "assistant wrestling coach" conversation here a few days ago and re-read the posts, hoping to determine the context. It's now clear to me that "that was then and this is now" so surely, no matter who is at the table, they will expand on/examine Jordan's "coaching career." I hope they don't go chickenshit and air a re-run.

• Love 2

Ok, even though it's a taped segment today they still manage to be irritating.  They started off with the usual THIS IS A TAPED SEGMENT schtick (which isn't getting any funnier) and then Joe was whining about the 4th being on a Wednesday and "it's like getting 15 minutes off".   Sigh.

Happy Fourth of July everybody.  Please enjoy, celebrate and remember this most important day my friends!

And happy belated Canada Day to our friend Oakville.  Thank you for all that our beloved neighbor to the north has done for our great nation!

• Love 4

So the Gold Dust Twins lack confidence in their job security so much that they have to pre-tape a show?  Why not give the three hours (granted, part of an hour is a rerun) to another MSNBC news person and let them have a live show?  In these dark times, the news is truly a 24/7 "doesn't take a holiday) phenom.  Are they the only hosts/show that does this?  Probably not.  But it is cheap and tacky on MSNBC for doing it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was watching part of yesterday’s show this morning, and we missed this gem. Joe said Mika told him he’s getting fat and old as Mika protested, she added she’s out of shape too, and they will talk about it off the show. 

The sibling-esque banter is just weird now that the relationship is out in the open.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
On 2018-07-03 at 12:03 PM, XOQueens said:

With the exception of Joe's post-facelift tirade, Morning Joe is steering back toward Fox News Light.

Eventually the #MeToo shoe is going to drop on Joe. I have a hard time believing the man who pals with Halpern, Ford Jr., Brokaw, Donny Deutsch, [I'm probably forgetting more] and now Bolling, the man who is engaged to his subordinate co-worker, is clean in this regard. Bird of a feather and all that. 

It will shafenfraude to watch Joes downfall

• Love 1

Happy 4th and Canada Day to everyone. WOW, that Jim Jordan story is really getting ugly. Of course he denies knowing anything, and soon his GOP buddies will defend him and call this another Liberal witch hunt. Personally, I'd like to see the offensive, rude and nasty jerk get burned if this story turns out to be true. Right now, it looks very credible. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, teddysmom said:

Probably won't air a new show being a holiday. Usually it's just MSNBC live or reruns of various segments.  I'd be surprised if JoMika even appear Thursday or Friday. 

I’ll put $5 on Joe streaming in from Nantucket and “Mika has the day off”.

Edited by XOQueens
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Intriguing.  Based on Joe's whining about only having 15 minutes off for the nation's Independence Day I believe you are correct.  I am ashamed to say I set a reminder for the show.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I think it was recorded in advance?  There were a few live hours on MSNBC midday (the Chris Jansing works project, filling in for so many vacationing anchors), and the afternoon and evening were all pre-recorded shows.  I don't know why they bothered -- not going to tune in for canned shows on a holiday.  

2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Intriguing.  Based on Joe's whining about only having 15 minutes off for the nation's Independence Day I believe you are correct.  I am ashamed to say I set a reminder for the show.  Sigh.

• Love 2

Katty Kay's eyes this morning...how often does she has them "freshened" up? Every month?  She is always wearing that look of "perpetual surprise" - a description I heard years ago from my favorite old-time sports journalist, Tony Kornheiser.  Loved his years at The Washington Post; and then his numerous suspensions from ESPN.

• Love 4

These two, I don’t even know.  Mika is in fine form this morning, reading the TelePrompTer like she just burned the roof of her mouth with a slice of pizza. Maybe whoever types into the TelePrompTer messes with her by not putting in any punctuation because she emphasizes the wrong words and doesn’t pause when required, always with that tone of surprise. We’re surprised too Mika!

Joe’s world salad game is strong this morning. He’s babbling, borderline incoherent at points. Example: praising some politico from Oklahoma City for being like Pensacola Fla...what? I though he was talking about rednecks but no....turns out he was pointing out that Oklahoma City and Pensacola are both in the Central time zone. That’s the quality talk show we’re getting this morning. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, novhappy said:

These two, I don’t even know.  Mika is in fine form this morning, reading the TelePrompTer like she just burned the roof of her mouth with a slice of pizza. Maybe whoever types into the TelePrompTer messes with her by not putting in any punctuation because she emphasizes the wrong words and doesn’t pause when required, always with that tone of surprise. We’re surprised too Mika!

Joe’s world salad game is strong this morning. He’s babbling, borderline incoherent at points. Example: praising some politico from Oklahoma City for being like Pensacola Fla...what? I though he was talking about rednecks but no....turns out he was pointing out that Oklahoma City and Pensacola are both in the Central time zone. That’s the quality talk show we’re getting this morning. 

At least they made it to work today. I was totally expecting them not to be there.  But,  I love your description of Mika reading the TelePrompTer. 

• Love 2

Teleprompter Meeka!  I switched to Beach Hunters this morning on HGTV after some Republican senator/congressman spewed for awhile.  I tuned back in to see David Ignacius (spelling?) satellite-d in from what looked to be a vacation.  They were discussing the shaming of Alan Dershowitz (spelling, again) on maybe Martha's Vineyard?  I found it rich that here was David I. (tanned and relaxed looking - maybe on vacation) talking about Alan D's probably deservedly-shaming vacation.  One entitled nabob talking about another.  Could these talking heads BE any more out-of-touch and oblivious?

• Love 3

Sigh, they have taken my favorite story and ruined it with their rich people blather.  A quick tour around Twitter and you will find there were plenty of times Dershowitz hasn't been invited to parties and has been turned away from many as well.  I think he's been persona non grata since that whole Klaus von Buhlow thing and has become just an outrageous publicity hound.  Did they mention my other favorite story about Jim "Jockstrap" Jordan?

• Love 3

We all get to see what kind of sweater and shirt combo Podhoretz feels its appropriate to wear in 98 degree humidity. Apparently Chaps line also includes an oatmeal cotton/silk blend.

Martha's Vineyard-shaming.  Awesome. I wonder if Dershowitz also wears those faded red Nantucket pants that Joe has.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Sigh, they have taken my favorite story and ruined it with their rich people blather.

I was pretty entertained when it became clear Mika had no idea why Podhoretz keeping kosher meant he’s never been to a clam bake. Lol.

• Love 3

I would like to know, also...have they discussed Jim Jordan?  It seemed to be a "story" a couple of days ago but now...not so much.  Has it been completely discredited?  Is it awful of me to hope it hasn't been and that they will be forced to discuss it at some point?  Maybe Mr. Assistant Wrestling Coach will be on himself.

• Love 1

Tom Cole from Oklahoma and was allowed to expound, COMPLETELY UNCHALLENGED, on his opinion that asylum-seekers are "using their children" to gain entrance into the United States and that that is a bad thing.

I don't even understand what that means. If you're fleeing a dangerous country with your children, isn't bringing them along kind of the point?

Why are these idiots allowed to get away with spouting such nonsense?

• Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, jjj said:

Who is that?

Jim Jordan, Freedom Caucus founder, US Rep from Ohio and one-time assistant coach at OSU. Penn State 2..0 is brewing. Story is slowly evolving; today we're at the point of he-witnessed-lewd-acts-in-the-shower and Squinty remains silent/indifferent. Evidently.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I would like to know, also...have they discussed Jim Jordan?  It seemed to be a "story" a couple of days ago but now...not so much.  Has it been completely discredited?  Is it awful of me to hope it hasn't been and that they will be forced to discuss it at some point?  Maybe Mr. Assistant Wrestling Coach will be on himself.

Can someone explain this to my as if I am five. Is Jim Jordan a Friend of Morning Joe?

I don't know if Jim Jordan is a Friend of MJ...but I know he seems to be on with Katy Tur a lot and probably some other shows.  I would just love for him to appear and watch Meeka purse her lips and tsk.

2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Poor Joe, never invited to a clam bake during the Clinton years.

My favorite part was when he said he was never invited to parties when he was in MV because he's a republican.  No, sorry Joe it's because you're a dick.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Sigh, they have taken my favorite story and ruined it with their rich people blather.  A quick tour around Twitter and you will find there were plenty of times Dershowitz hasn't been invited to parties and has been turned away from many as well.  I think he's been persona non grata since that whole Klaus von Buhlow thing and has become just an outrageous publicity hound.  Did they mention my other favorite story about Jim "Jockstrap" Jordan?

I love the Dershowitz story.   This is the best article about it, because it contains the text of emails people sent to Dershowitz:

The Martha's Vineyard crowd strikes back at Alan Dershowitz

As for Jordan, I predict he'll come through this unscathed.   People are afraid of him.   I think the no-jacket look makes him seem unhinged.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

I love the Dershowitz story.   This is the best article about it, because it contains the text of emails people sent to Dershowitz:

The Martha's Vineyard crowd strikes back at Alan Dershowitz

As for Jordan, I predict he'll come through this unscathed.   People are afraid of him.   I think the no-jacket look makes him seem unhinged.

Oh phooey, you have to be a BG subscriber to get to the story.  I didn't realize people actually put the revulsion in writing, hee!  I love me some Dershowitz snark!  Nothing more disgusting than an aggrieved millionaire.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh phooey, you have to be a BG subscriber to get to the story.  I didn't realize people actually put the revulsion in writing, hee!  I love me some Dershowitz snark!  Nothing more disgusting than an aggrieved millionaire.

I'm not a subscriber, but it does say "your last free article" at the bottom.   I'll cut and paste it and message you.

“I never thought I would see McCarthyism come to Martha’s Vineyard, but I have,” Mr. Dershowitz wrote in an opinion column last week in The Hill, revealing that he has been on the receiving end of a social chill from friends here.

“For them, it is enough that what I have said about the Constitution might help Trump,” he wrote. “So they are shunning me and trying to ban me from their social life on Martha’s Vineyard.”
“There’s a whole cabal of people who have decided that they will try to get people to stop interacting with me,” Mr. Dershowitz said. “The campaign has utterly failed. It’s affected my life zero. I’m not looking for sympathy.”
I can't even decide upon the appropriate pejorative to insult him.  He's a grown man behaving this way. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/us/marthas-vineyard-trump.html

• Love 2

I saw a brief interview with "Jockstrap" Jordan yesterday...well it was just a reporter asking him to respond to the allegations against him.  He was surprisingly more subdued than I have ever seen him. Not too much about it today....is someone trying to make this story just "go away"? Didn't see MJ today.....didn't they even mention it? Dershowitz is acting like a kid who didn't get invited to the prom or big party....oh grow up and look around you, many people are suffering unbearably, and you're upset about your stupid social life???? No sympathy here.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Eliot said:

Tom Cole from Oklahoma and was allowed to expound, COMPLETELY UNCHALLENGED, on his opinion that asylum-seekers are "using their children" to gain entrance into the United States and that that is a bad thing.

I don't even understand what that means. If you're fleeing a dangerous country with your children, isn't bringing them along kind of the point?

Why are these idiots allowed to get away with spouting such nonsense?

Because, like water, idiots seek their own level.

• Love 1

What was the point of having so many guests for the final segment today? Aside from John Podhoretz. they only got to say about one sentence each.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Now wait, Chloesmom.  Are you talking about Dershowitz or Joe!!!!

In this case it was the Dersh but let's face it that's pretty much Joe everyday.  I'm going to start calling him Thurston Howell the Third.  Hey and Meeks can be Lovey!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Landsnark said:

“I never thought I would see McCarthyism come to Martha’s Vineyard, but I have,” Mr. Dershowitz wrote in an opinion column last week in The Hill, revealing that he has been on the receiving end of a social chill from friends here.

“For them, it is enough that what I have said about the Constitution might help Trump,” he wrote. “So they are shunning me and trying to ban me from their social life on Martha’s Vineyard.”
“There’s a whole cabal of people who have decided that they will try to get people to stop interacting with me,” Mr. Dershowitz said. “The campaign has utterly failed. It’s affected my life zero. I’m not looking for sympathy.”
I can't even decide upon the appropriate pejorative to insult him.  He's a grown man behaving this way. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/us/marthas-vineyard-trump.html

To Dershowitz:  Womp Womp.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Ah I see Dersh is confusing McCarthyism with McDouchebagism.  How he could even remotely compare his being a social pariah to the horror of the McCarthy era is nothing short of staggering.  I can't wait until he chains himself to the front deck of the Chilmark General Store.  Maybe Joe and Mika could do a live remote from there.

• Love 6
(edited)

Doesn't look like MJ is taking any of Dershowitz's desperate baiting . . . . yet:

Updated Fri. guest list: Jonathan Lemire, Susan Del Percio, Mike Allen, Eugene Robinson, Michael Warren, Susan Glasser, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Souad Mekhennet, Dominic Chu and mor

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I just have to laugh at spectacle

If you wish to be considered for reinstatement, we're gonna need to see a note from your doctor. :)

• Love 4

I have to say I enjoyed Joe's rant about how disgusting it is to listen to Trump mock both McCain and now GHWB.  Whether you like their politics or not they still served our country.  Of course he doesn't understand the 1,000 points of light reference as he has never spent a minute in genuine service to our nation.

On a lighter note, that guy at the rally wearing the cowboy hat with a MAGA hat stuffed over it . . . . priceless.

Ding ding ding ding, we have the first Dershowitz shot.  

• Love 8

Willie: "There's a lot of throne-sniffing going on." Mika held her mud, and managed: "I've. Never. Heard it called. That." Welcome home, Mr Geist, we missed you but it was worth the wait.

• Love 5