Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Steve Wynn gave money to the GOP. He was charged with sexual misconduct. Paul Ryan accepted money from him. He must return the money. He was the number 1 fundraiser. The GOP is doomed!

Joe is upset that Trump did better than expected at Davos. He didn;t vomit all over the stage.

Joe is ranting at Trump for letting China make deals. Trump is a fool& outwitted by the Chinese.

Why is Andrea wearing a dress without sleeves. It's cold outside.

Trump wants out of TPP. So does Hillary under the pressure of Bernie Sanders.

Andrea is sad. She loves TPP. The Chinese love TPP.

• Love 4

Joe reads China Daily. China is doing well with one belt. Joe is ranting at Trump again.

Everyone is mad at the Muslim Travel Ban. It's clips from last year.

Music Video Monday. I remember this song from the 1980s.

Why isn't Joe singing the song. LOL!. This show is wild. Is that U2?

u2 doesn't have much credibility since they hide their income in tax havens.

14 minutes ago, millennium said:

What was that awful attempt at a music video?   It sounded like a karaoke version of Bono from U2's Boy album.

It was U2 song the Refugee.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe reads China Daily. China is doing well with one belt. Joe is ranting at Trump again.

Everyone is mad at the Muslim Travel Ban. It's clips from last year.

Music Video Monday. I remember this song from the 1980s.

Why isn't Joe singing the song. LOL!. This show is wild. Is that U2?

u2 doesn't have much credibility since they hide their income in tax havens.

It was U2 song the Refugee.

LOL, that's funny.   It was Bono!  One of those songs I never bothered with on the War album.   (Remember albums?)

I don't think I can watch this show tomorrow, or any news-related show.   The run-up to the State of the Union is beyond ridiculous.   The press is treating it like the Super Bowl pre-game show.   I'm sure Scarborough will be no exception.   I'm already tired of buzz words like "reset," this 2018 version of "pivot."  Like one speech can make everyone forget the past year.   I won't be watching any of the pre-coverage, or the speech itself.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

Hey, that's Phoebe's boyfriend Roger!    The psychologist who freaks out the Friends gang because his offhand observations about their personalities is uncomfortably spot-on.   (The One With the Boobies).

Edited by millennium
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I don't think I can watch this show tomorrow, or any news-related show.   The run-up to the State of the Union is beyond ridiculous.   The press is treating it like the Super Bowl pre-game show.   I'm sure Scarborough will be no exception.   I'm already tired of buzz words like "reset," this 2018 version of "pivot."  Like one speech can make everyone forget the past year.   I won't be watching any of the pre-coverage, or the speech itself.

Any college student taking Public Speaking 101 can read a speech off a teleprompter.   I swear even dogs figure out after you don't throw the ball that you're fucking with them and they stop looking for it. Why is it so hard for adults with functioning brains to stop thinking because Trump can string three sentences together without saying the N word  or yelling Fake News twenty times that he's suddenly Presidential? 

First thing this morning I head Joe say that the interview they did with Trump when they pointed out Putin killed journalists was "probably the most important interview of the campaign".  Joe for the love of God STFU. You're embarrassing yourself. Nothing you do is the most important anything. 

He's as bad as Trump. He lies and lies and thinks if I say this enough times people will believe me. 

• Love 7

I have to say I like those show teases showing up in the lower right hand corner.  For someone like me that has a tendency to wander off, I find that useful.

Did you know there's a prescription medication for that?

Noah looks like a young Halperin. His tie is too big.

Hee! I love you Oakville! Noah "Fartsmeller" Rothman.

• Love 4
On 1/26/2018 at 8:07 AM, Chloesmom said:

Oh look, Trump's speaking live . . . click.

Total reflex at this point.  ?

Mika & Joe must be hella jealous of the Clintons....they can't go a day without talking about them.  I'm sure they'd give a limb to be friends with them.  They want to be a power couple so badly. ?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Total reflex at this point.  ?

Mika & Joe must be hella jealous of the Clintons....they can't go a day without talking about them.  I'm sure they'd give a limb to be friends with them.  They want to be a power couple so badly. ?

Mika & Joe we’re friendly with Bill when he the Clinton Foundation seminars  in New York. Mika used to brag about the gift bags.

• Love 1

The whole Devin Nunes story turned my stomach. It actually makes me sick that this is real life.  Maybe this is what the McCarthy era was like. We need an eyewitness. Bring in Tom Brokaw.  I turned MJ off.

However, I did feel better because it turns out Nunes' hometown paper The Sacramento Bee thinks he's a weasel.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6
On 1/27/2018 at 9:30 AM, oakville said:

Donnie is worried that people will focus on the stronger economy, higher paycheques & their own situation rather than the chaos in Washington.

^^^^^^^This is my sister's feelings.  Drives me crazy!  ??

• Love 2
3 hours ago, stormy said:

The whole Devin Nunes story turned my stomach. It actually makes me sick that this is real life

What is the Nunes story?   I have never heard the "memo" fully explained.  I don't get it.  Is the smoking gun "proof" that the DNC paid a British agent for a dossier on Trump?  And if that's the case, then it means that the DNC colluded with the Russians to attempt to influence the elections?   Or am I way off?

33 minutes ago, Landsnark said:
4 hours ago, stormy said:

The whole Devin Nunes story turned my stomach. It actually makes me sick that this is real life

What is the Nunes story?   I have never heard the "memo" fully explained.  I don't get it.  Is the smoking gun "proof" that the DNC paid a British agent for a dossier on Trump?  And if that's the case, then it means that the DNC colluded with the Russians to attempt to influence the elections?   Or am I way off?

I posted an answer in Small Cup of Joe, it's kind of long and didn't know if it should go here. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, teddysmom said:

First thing this morning I head Joe say that the interview they did with Trump when they pointed out Putin killed journalists was "probably the most important interview of the campaign".  Joe for the love of God STFU. You're embarrassing yourself. Nothing you do is the most important anything. 

I turned on the tv, heard this exact moment, turned it off and put on some music. 

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, cased said:

Are they going to be in Washington for the State of the Union? I saw that Joe and Mika are going to be on the Tonight Show on Tuesday, which is the same day as the State of the Union, and the Tonight Show is taped in New York.

Excellent work, Detective cased! Warm cookies for you from the rest of the squad.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, The Solution said:

Mika has been around intelligent people most of her life (until now, that is) but is not herself intelligent.

I think this is very insightful.   It explains a lot about the air of desperation that clings to her, a need to constantly convince the world that she's relevant (we're still not buying it, Meeks).   Just ask yourself, where would she be right now if Scarborough hadn't lusted after her? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, novhappy said:

I turned on the tv, heard this exact moment, turned it off and put on some music. 

Ha!. Why didn't Joe play the clip of Mika telling Trump that she wouldn't ask him questions tough questions during the South Carolina primary in 2016 . This was a few months after Joe complaining about Putin killing journalists. Joe thinks his audience doesn't have access to DVR's.

• Love 1

I think this is very insightful.   It explains a lot about the air of desperation that clings to her, a need to constantly convince the world that she's relevant (we're still not buying it, Meeks).   Just ask yourself, where would she be right now if Scarborough hadn't lusted after her? 

Mika acknowledged that she had the lowest SAT scores of anyone ever admitted to Williams College.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/magazine/mika-brzezinski-refuses-to-perk-it-up.html

• Love 1

Desperately Seeking Relevance. A match made in heaven, these two, that borders on pathetic. Mid. Life. Crisis.

I think she would be right where he found her - reciting headlines in her gravitas voice and tossing it to the next program, on the graveyard shift.

• Love 2

I suspect that Joe will be livid tomorrow with the potential release of"The Memo" & the early retirement of the Deputy FBI Director. Why didn't the committee listen to Joe? Joe said it would cause a national crisis.

Will Joe show up in the studio?

3 hours ago, novhappy said:

Did you play Joe's music?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika acknowledged that she had the lowest SAT scores of anyone ever admitted to Williams College.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/magazine/mika-brzezinski-refuses-to-perk-it-up.html

It is sad that, as Joe has shared on the show (and elsewhere) many times, Mika's mother and brother made a point of confiding to him that Mika's scores were the lowest ever at Williams. Each one brought it up, in separate conversations. WTF, sneering at their daughter and their sister like that?

I don't think I've seen that interview before. The bitter housewife and the gay stylist. (You can't make this stuff up.) Thank you for sharing the link. The comments alone are worth the price of admission. Oooff. 

• Love 3

If I'm following the show this morning, the Republicans are going to release Devin Nunes' fallacious propaganda memo, but have voted down the release of a corrective memo by Adam Schiff and the Democrats exposing the lies of the Nunes memo.  

I wonder if someone on the Democrat side will have the balls to leak Schiff's memo anyway.

Also a new brainwashing commercial about how wonderful the tax reform bill is.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

Tuesday Recap from snowy Oakville. Joe is in full Bunker Blowhard mode. The hot air coming from him is not enough to melt the snow on the driveway. Joe's refusal to show up in the studio is sad.

Mika looks great in her black turtleneck.

Joe is mad at Russian bots that are using twitter hashtags #release the Memo to get people excited about the memo.

Joe said the memo is filled with half truths & salacious details.

Joe said it was unbelievable. Nunes will start a political purge with false allegations against the FBI.

Joe said that using the FISA warrant against Carter Page was justified.

Joe is basically calling Ryan & Nunes traitors.

Joe said the really classified info will not be released to the public. If it is that classified, why does Joe know about it.

Secret Agent Clint is upset about the memo.

Mika said that Meacham sounds like an a adult Peanuts character.

Heidi has been released from the library.! She is on the set with Mika! She is wearing a lovely black dress.

Hillary mishandled classified information & now Trump is allowing the committee to do that.

Joe keeps interrupting the panelists. Joe used to like Paul Ryan. NJoe campaigned for Paul Ryan & helped him win a seat in Congress.

Everyone in Wisconsin was happy that a powerful congressman like Joe showed up to campaign.

Van Der Hei is freaking out over the memo. The memo makes the FBI look as guilty as Trump.

Mika said the GOP is on the yellow brick road to hell.

Joe is now discussing the Wizard of Oz.

Vander Hei us furious that 50% believe in the FBI deep state.

Joe said Trump is doomed.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika looks great in her black turtleneck.

And may I say I like Joe's suit coat however that dreadful tie has to go.  It's a great panel today but this news is too much to watch for any great length of time without causing structural damage to my home and I too am boycotting the SOTU tonight (I'll do anything to drag down those ratings).

Oh and just in case your day can't get any worse, he's back and I'm sure putting us all to sleep in no time:

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/29/vindicated-harold-ford-jr-is-returning-to-msnbc/

Be careful with the snow removal today Oakville!

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4

Joe wants the GOP to speak truth to power. Why isn't Corker attacking Trump on the mem?

Joe said that floor speeches are great but they need to vote against the memo.

Joe is comparing Paul Ryan to Joe McCarthy.

According to Mika, McCabe stepped down from the FBI because Trump insulted MCCabe's wife & called her a loser.

McCabe's wife received 700K from Clinton ally , McCauliffe for her campaign. She lost the election.

She was defeated by Russian Bots.

It was a co incidence that McCabe was in charge of the investigation of Hillary's emails.

Russia is accusing the USA of meddling in its election!

Joe is mad at Trump for not implementing  more sanctions against Russia.

Joe is furious at the Russian Bots. There was report on twitter that half of Joe's followers on twitter are fake.

This is outrageous. Joe will fight the evil Bots.

Everytime I hear the term FISA, I think it is a credit card.

• Love 5

I just saw the Depends underwear ad & the evil Nancy Pelosi commercial. She looks silly calling tax cuts crumbs.

Joe is mocking pundits who said Trump became President after reading off a teleprompter. Joe does not remember that he was one of those pundits!. Joe went on & on about JR & Bobby & Omarosa.

Joe said Trump will blurt something stupid after the speech.

Chardonnay Peggy & Doris Kearns Goodwin will be on the set. The Powerful 1980's pundits are back! Where's George Will & Tom Brokaw. ? They should take over the show and talk about Reagan & Kennedy.

Joe is upset that McCabe is leaving the FBI early. He should stay & fight Trump. Secret Agent Clint said that he has vacation leave due, so he can use it up before he retires.

• Love 3

On fox news, they said McCabe is fleeing the FBI because he was worried about the Inspecto  General report criticizing McCabe's handling of the Clinton investigation. I wish Joe would address these issues. Is it true?

Avtion Figure Congressman Eric showed up. Joe said the memo is cherry picked.

• Love 1

Well, someone there took my advice and called in Brokaw.  He is boring.  Let Doris talk!  She can talk about real history. 

Why can't the Dems pull a Dianne Feinstein and release their document?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, oakville said:

On fox news, they said McCabe is fleeing the FBI because he was worried about the Inspecto  General report criticizing McCabe's handling of the Clinton investigation. I wish Joe would address these issues. Is it true?

Avtion Figure Congressman Eric showed up. Joe said the memo is cherry picked.

First SHUT UP BROKAW IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH TRUMP SHOWS UP TONIGHT AND WHICH ONE TWEETS TOMORROW AS THEY SPIN AROUND IN AN HOURLY CYCLE IRREGARDLESS AND WE'RE ALL STUCK WITH THE SAME BARF INDUCING BREAKFAST SHAKE.

Ahem, last night when all the McCabe news was breaking there were a few sinister innuendos that started floating that the IG had something on McCabe.  For me, if someone, ANYONE had the goods on McCabe that would have flown out of Fox News like a bat out of hell.  I wouldn't doubt they found something to shade him with but if it was serious or real they would have blasted it out.

Oh no sorry Mika, Peggy can't stay as the Shady Rest bus will be pulling out shortly.  C'mon Peggy, time to go find the Gipper, Daddy's home!

3 minutes ago, stormy said:

Well, someone there took my advice and called in Brokaw.  He is boring.  Let Doris talk!  She can talk about real history. 

I was so glad to see Doris and for a second there she looked like she was going to go over the desk at the Pegster.  We'll have to see how this revolting document lands but my money is on the rebuttal somehow making it's way to WAPO.

• Love 6

Thanks,@oakville, for the recap of the overrated and past retirement panel of Brokaw, Noonan, and Kearns Goodwin, Mika's All-Stars.  I saw them standing in the background being previewed by Meeks and felt like projectile-vomiting. 

1 minute ago, stormy said:

From the way-back machine, these were the Democrats of the post-9/11 Chimpy McCokeSpoon era.  Even now Dems still have bouts of spinelessness that bring back those bad memories. 

spine.jpg

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

I'm not sure calling Scarborough a blowhard is appropriate in this instance.

This is serious stuff, and people ought to be angry, and not just tut-tutting with tepid asides like "strange times" (Mika)  

It would be helpful if Joe discussed the suspected facts of the memo instead of saying every party would burn down Washington if the memo was released by Obama or Bush . Joe goes on and about constitutional norms, repeating himself & shouting insults. Why can't Joe just explain what it is in the memo

VanderHei said its OK to be Pro Hillary text messages while working on the Hillary investigation.

Stop saying Violate Joe. It;s annoying.

• Love 3

John Kasich sounds so rational but no. No!

However, I will agree with one thing he said. It's the next generation that will stand up and reject this behavior. And hopefully it'll be in November.

The panel agrees that trump will successfully read off a teleprompter tonight but will blow up in a few days.

Kasich says people will hear what they want. Agreed. But I'd  like to see a poll tomorrow. I would guess ratings will be low and the majority watching will be the adoring "base".

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4

Anyone else turn on MJ today with the looming apprehension of a high school senior opening the decision letter from the only college he applied to for the Fall?  I knew it was going to be the State of the Union Follies. Can someone hear strap on a barf bag and watch it for us--take one for the team??

Everytime I hear the term FISA, I think it is a credit card.

It is!  It's one of those pre-paid Visa cards for those whose credit is fucked.  That's why its F ISA.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Just ask yourself, where would she be right now if Scarborough hadn't lusted after her? 

Hosting: a) Dateline   b) infomercial for Piyoga or Yogalates or whatever that is  c) still married to first husband 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Hosting: a) Dateline   b) infomercial for Piyoga or Yogalates or whatever that is  c) still married to first husband 

Alex, I'll take 'C' for $1,000 please.  I often wonder if she had to do it all over again if she would still pick the path she is on now.

Is there really something called Yogalates?  Like regular Yoga isn't hard enough?  Oy.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

If pilates is pronounced puh-lot-ees, why isn't pirates pronounced puh-rot-ees?   These things keep me awake at night.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Is there really something called Yogalates?  Like regular Yoga isn't hard enough?  Oy.

I looked it up and it's actually called "PiYo".  

Which is what I say whenever someone brings pie.. "Hey Pie!! Yo!! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She's not good enough for Dateline.  She isn't talented enough to introduce the great storyteller, Keith Morrison.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She's not good enough for Dateline.  She isn't talented enough to introduce the great storyteller, Keith Morrison.  

Or Craig Melvin.  He's doing them now too. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, suomi said:

Excellent work, Detective cased! Warm cookies for you from the rest of the squad.

I just looked on the Tonight Show website, and according to it, Joe and Mika are not scheduled to be on tonight (or any time this week). Either there was a change in plans, or the news release that I saw a few days ago was incorrect.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, cased said:
20 hours ago, suomi said:

xcellent work, Detective cased! Warm cookies for you from the rest of the squad.

I just looked on the Tonight Show website, and according to it, Joe and Mika are not scheduled to be on tonight (or any time this week). Either there was a change in plans, or the news release that I saw a few days ago was incorrect.

Mika didn't want to go up against Stormy Daniels on Kimmel.  

• Love 5

Okay, I'm out.   I lasted 5 minutes, just long enough to think Elise Jordan has a cute smile, then came the speech clips.   More than I could stomach.   I didn't watch the speech last night.    I don't want hear the greatest hits version less than twelve hours later; I can also do without Scarborough's liner notes.

From the little bit I saw, it struck me that Trump is like an abusive parent.    He beats the shit out of you for a year, then stands up in front of the country and says how he much he loves you and how he just wants everyone to get along.    The public face vs. the monster at the dinner table.   

• Love 16

Wednesday Recap:  Mika & Joe are on the set together in NY with a set backdrop of Washington !. The top clip was Trump wanting to fire civil servants that abuse the public trust & fail at whatever Trump thinks is failure.

Mika is wearing a black V neck top.

Joe liked the speech in a vaccuum but thinks that Trump will blow up any good feelings with a dumb tweet.

Joe said Trump is usiing the language of tyrants.

Joe went ballistic over Hillary's handling of classified information. He started yelling at Clinton supporters on twitter. Shut Up!

Go talk to yourself! said Joe.

kasie! still gets a lightning intro. Boo. It was 5 seconds late into her speaking.

Elise called Nunes Secret Agent man. She trashed him as a former farmer. Yikes!. that's elitist Elise.

Joe said the economy was srong under Obama & wahe growth was high during Obama.

He called Trump a better cheerleader than Obama.

Joe is very dissapointed in Paul Ryan. He wants to release the memo.

Joe has no faith in Trump.

Kasie said Democrats didn't even cheer the good news on unemployment. They hate Trump.

Elise is turning into a wind up doll for anti Trump talk. She is speaking too quickly. What did she do to her hair?

Joe talked about China winning on the USA begining last night.

Haas doesn't like the tariffs on washing machines & solar panels.

Joe did do a scripted rant against Trump. It lacked the usual bluster.

Heileman said the USA is in a constitutional crisis. He is afraid that the memo will lead to a purge in the FBI.

Willie  was excited to interview  Kennedy gave the State of the union rebuttal. Why isn't Joe drooling over him. ?

He has hair like Joe but does he wear socks?

Joe Kennedy acknowledged too much lip gloss.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

I was glad Richard Haas gave the real facts on the tariffs on washing machines and solar panels.  I read about a local solar panel company that says this tariff on imports will cost them jobs.  Will they stay in business.

Had to use my mute button a lot this morning.

Anyone read the usually out of date crawl this morning?  Stormy Daniels says she never had an affair with trump but was paid $130,000 to not discuss the non-affair.  WTF

Oh, Christ.  Now Frank Lutz shows up.  With a two tone rug on his head.

Thank you, Eugene Robinson for calling out Lutz who criticized the democrats for sitting on their hands last night.  (hmmm, remember Joe Wilson).

Edited by stormy
  • Love 7