Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I think Rev. Al should have to disclose his personal relationship with Twitler before Rev. Al went through his supposedly righteous reasons for not labeling Twitler as the racist he is.  Thanks to @oakville for bringing that up.  

As sad and horrifying and stupid as the events in Charlottesville were, they were a great distraction for Twitler this morning.  I don't think Mueller or Russia came up once on the entire show.  

• Love 2

So Al Sharpton is a fraud and a phony and a slanderer with a shady group and basically got his show on MSNBC for helping Comcast when it acquired NBC and I think he should never be on TV opining about anything. That said there is no need for him to disclose the mistress apartment stuff that is alleged in that article, which is based on unnamed sources. If there was something there, a real news organization other than the National Review would have ran with it. And as for his friendship with Trump via Don King....old news. Trump has been friends with a lot of people over the years. Hell, even the Clintons attended his wedding to Melania.

• Love 3

Harold Ford Jr reminded Eugene that Trump did better with Latinos & African Americans than McCain or Romney.

And Ford also reminded us how Vice President Pence was "lied to" by members/former members of the Administration -- LOL! -- and somehow that justifies his awkward non-answer to why Trump didn't condemn the supremacists and Nazis. Huh?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Eugene Robinson came on to rant against Trump for trying to get the white supremacist vote during the campaign.

The show played a clip of Trump bashing Duke in 2000 when he joined the Reform Party but not remembering him in 2016.

Harold Ford Jr reminded Eugene that Trump did better with Latinos & African Americans than McCain or Romney.

Eugene sheepishly admitted that Bill Clinton's policies of mass incarceration of African Americans was not popular with African Americans.

Hillary didn't do much to excite the African American base. She took them for granted.

See, this is what really pisses me off.  I can't stand false equivalencies.  I wish someone had asked Mr. Ford Jr. what the fuck Latino and African American voters, Bill Clinton's policies of mass incarceration and Hillary's supposed failure to excite the African American base (as if they were dating her) has to do with Eugene Robinson's point (calmly stated).  Drumpf invited the support of white supremacists--something that was well documented last year in several publications.  Eugene also cited the numerous ways in which Drumpf courted this support and that nothing about this is new.  

Harold Ford Jr. should be fucking ashamed of himself.  I have absolutely no patience with this attempt to minimize what happened in Charlottesville and the shit that's been going on ever since Drumpf put forth his "birther" lies against President Obama with no restraint or checks on his lies whatsoever.  Eugene handled Ford Jr. better than I would have in this instance.  I'm glad that Eugene also cited Maya Angelou's statement that when someone shows you who they are, believe them--the first time. 

Yes, maybe we should look at why in the world some Latinos and black folks threw their support behind Drumpf, and what in the world did they expect, as Eugene stated.  But, again--that has absolutely nothing to do with the horror we saw in Charlottesville this weekend and takes the onus off of Drumpf and his surrounding himself (in the alt-White House) with white nationalists like Bannon, Gorka and Miller.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

So Al Sharpton is a fraud and a phony and a slanderer with a shady group and basically got his show on MSNBC for helping Comcast when it acquired NBC and I think he should never be on TV opining about anything. That said there is no need for him to disclose the mistress apartment stuff that is alleged in that article, which is based on unnamed sources. If there was something there, a real news organization other than the National Review would have ran with it. And as for his friendship with Trump via Don King....old news. Trump has been friends with a lot of people over the years. Hell, even the Clintons attended his wedding to Melania.

It would be embarrassing for Sharpton to disclose receiving funds from Trump in the past . I doubt NBC would report on anything shady that Sharpton has done. They needed him to get the Comcast deal approved.

Trump was considered to be a "respectable businessman" when he donated to the Democrats. Why else would the Clintons attend his wedding?

NBC is hypocrital for allowing Trump to air the Celebrity Apprentice post 2011 after Trump demanded to see Obama's birth certificate.

• Love 1

Donnie is opposed to Nazis. Who would support Nazis?

Well, our president, apparently.

Pretty sober panel today. I'm not a Willie fan, but I think he did a good job moderating.

Biggest tool of the morning was the mayor of Charlottesville who spent his segment talking up how nice his town is. Lol when Willie told him, your chamber of commerce is pleased with you, now answer the question.

Seriously! That cracked me up.

Runner up was Harold Ford Jr. He's always an obsequious toady with nothing original to say, granted, but I had to roll my eyes even more than usual when he started going on and on about, "Let's hope John Kelly can bring Trump around..."

Keep up, Harold. John Kelly is SO last week's conventional wisdom. Nobody's talking about him anymore and he's already irrelevant.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

And Ford also reminded us how Vice President Pence was "lied to" by members/former members of the Administration -- LOL! -- and somehow that justifies his awkward non-answer to why Trump didn't condemn the supremacists and Nazis. Huh?

Ford Jr has no credibility. It amazes me that MSNBC pays him for his views. He should be a spokesperson for Nytol Sleep aid medication.

• Love 7

Remember how everyone - including this show - was all gee it's good Ivanka and Jared are there, they will be a moderating voice for Trump to listen to? Just replace "General Kelly" for "Ivanka and Jared." These idiots have this savior/rescue complex. As they pointed out this am, it seemed like Trump improvised the "both sides" line (not that the prepared statement was so great.) You can have whoever you want in there but Trump is gonna be Trump. To paraphrase Dennis Green, he is who we thought he was.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Well, our president, apparently.

Pretty sober panel today. I'm not a Willie fan, but I think he did a good job moderating.

Seriously! That cracked me up.

Runner up was Harold Ford Jr. He's always an obsequious toady with nothing original to say, granted, but I had to roll my eyes even more than usual when he started going on and on about, "Let's hope John Kelly can bring Trump around..."

Keep up, Harold. John Kelly is SO last week's conventional wisdom. Nobody's talking about him anymore and he's already irrelevant.

I like Willie Geist. Ford Jr & Barnicle drive me to drink.

Donnie redeemed himself  in the final segment interview with DNC chair Perez. He said that Trump's ad attacking the media , including an old photo of Mika & Joe was very effective.

Willie reminded Perez that Obama cannot run for President again, so the Democrats need new leaders.

Perez said that Hillary made a contribution to the Democratic party. Wow!

Perez said that Democrats were able to find a credible candidate  like Bill Clinton who was able to beat George H. W Bush in 1992.

9 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Remember how everyone - including this show - was all gee it's good Ivanka and Jared are there, they will be a moderating voice for Trump to listen to? Just replace "General Kelly" for "Ivanka and Jared." These idiots have this savior/rescue complex. As they pointed out this am, it seemed like Trump improvised the "both sides" line (not that the prepared statement was so great.) You can have whoever you want in there but Trump is gonna be Trump. To paraphrase Dennis Green, he is who we thought he was.

That's because the fools are still waiting for him to "pivot."  They figured, here's his chance to unite the country in tragedy and to be the Healer-in-Chief--something that Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama managed to do.  The fact that Drumpf's advisers and surrogates have to keep "clarifying what he meant" several months into his presidency speaks volumes.

I won't even touch on how ridiculous and unseemly it is that the so-called president of the United States needs a babysitter to sit on his hands, paddle his butt and employ strategies that most parents use with their toddlers if he doesn't stay within the boundaries.  I always laugh when the panel is ga-ga over the latest Drumpf hire whose supposed to be a "moderating influence" on him.  That they expected that of the Kushners is even more laughable given what we witnessed during the campaign and the fact that they shouldn't even be there themselves.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Brilliant analysis! In the spring of 2016, Joe was like a parakeet everyday trying to soothe audiences that Trump would pivot & become Presidential after he insulted all the GOP presidential candidates.He didn't pivot one inch.  Joe turned on Trump in the summer of 2016 & then became BFF with Trump on November 9 2016. This is nonsense.

Joe should admit that his goal is to obtain the highest ratings possible for his show which will help trigger bonuses in his contract.

Joe should tell his audience that he needs the extra bonuses to offset  high cost of taking private jets to Nantucket in summer.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

See, this is what really pisses me off.  I can't stand false equivalencies.  I wish someone had asked Mr. Ford Jr. what the fuck Latino and African American voters, Bill Clinton's policies of mass incarceration and Hillary's supposed failure to excite the African American base (as if they were dating her) has to do with Eugene Robinson's point (calmly stated).  Drumpf invited the support of white supremacists--something that was well documented last year in several publications.  Eugene also cited the numerous ways in which Drumpf courted this support and that nothing about this is new.  

Harold Ford Jr. should be fucking ashamed of himself.  I have absolutely no patience with this attempt to minimize what happened in Charlottesville and the shit that's been going on ever since Drumpf put forth his "birther" lies against President Obama with no restraint or checks on his lies whatsoever.  Eugene handled Ford Jr. better than I would have in this instance.  I'm glad that Eugene also cited Maya Angelou's statement that when someone shows you who they are, believe them--the first time. 

Yes, maybe we should look at why in the world some Latinos and black folks threw their support behind Drumpf, and what in the world did they expect, as Eugene stated.  But, again--that has absolutely nothing to do with the horror we saw in Charlottesville this weekend and takes the onus off of Drumpf and his surrounding himself (in the alt-White House) with white nationalists like Bannon, Gorka and Miller.

Morning Joe has failed to bring on guests to discuss why Trump was able to obtain a higher percentage of Latino & African American voter support than Romney or McCain. It's confusing given his hostility towards illegal Latino immigration.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

With all that's going on right now I thought a refresher was in order. 

It's a tough job trying to moderate this forum!. I hope you get a bonus:) For clarification purposes, if a guest on Morning Joe makes a statement that contradicts what he/she has said on twitter  or in print or on a past show , is it OK to link to the contradiction?Nick  Confessore applauded Julia  Ioffe for her article on Melania Trump's secret half brother  in 2016 but did not mention her tweet about Ivanka having sexual relations with her dad that got her fired from Politico.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

For clarification purposes, if a guest on Morning Joe makes a statement that contradicts what he/she has said on twitter  or in print or on a past show , is it OK to link to the contradiction?Nick  Confessore applauded Julia  Ioffe for her article on Melania Trump's secret half brother  in 2016 but did not mention her tweet about Ivanka having sexual relations with her dad that got her fired from Politico.

I try to give you guys some leeway because you're adults and act like it and I realize conversations evolve, but for something like that I'd not post it as it really would add nothing to the conversation other than open a non-show talk related can of worms.

• Love 1

What infuriated me more than anything this morning was when they ran a series of clips of Republican presidents/candidates who supposedly spurned support from the racist fringes like the alt-right, they ran a clip from Saint Ronnie, the same Saint Ronnie who kicked off his 1980 presidential campaign (after the Republican convention) in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the site of the murder of three civil rights workers during the struggle for civil rights in the South.  Saint Ronnie was more than dog-whistling when he came out and told his audience hey, you'll get to keep your "states' rights" if I'm elected president, continuing Nixon's Southern Strategy.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan's_Neshoba_County_Fair_"states'_rights"_speech

Not one of the panelists thought these facts relevant enough to bring them up after that Saint Ronnie clip aired.  Now I have to go and listen to "Break Stuff" or I really will break stuff.    

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Brilliant analysis! In the spring of 2016, Joe was like a parakeet everyday trying to soothe audiences that Trump would pivot & become Presidential after he insulted all the GOP presidential candidates.He didn't pivot one inch.  Joe turned on Trump in the summer of 2016 & then became BFF with Trump on November 9 2016. This is nonsense.

Joe should admit that his goal is to obtain the highest ratings possible for his show which will help trigger bonuses in his contract.

Joe should tell his audience that he needs the extra bonuses to offset  high cost of taking private jets to Nantucket in summer.

And hair products . . .  :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Halperin is still waiting for him to "pivot."

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mumbles said:

By far the star of the morning was Julia Ioffe. First, she calls out all the talk about whether this is a "turning point" for the GOP to distance it from Trump. She pointed out, they made murmuring noises of disapproval last year when he went after Judge Curial, the Khans, the pussy comments....but stuck with their man. And they will do so now. They are moral cowards. And then she snarked about how they fall back on "we are the partying Lincoln" garbage (which Rick Tyler actually tried the first hour). As she pointed out, the party that ran Nixon's Southern Strategy gave that up 40 years ago. (I'd go so far as to say Goldwater marked the end.)

This show likes to promote the "good Republicans" meme -- that is, the notion that the party still contains men of honor, integrity and courage who are overshadowed by Trump.   But it's a joke.

They all signed their names in the Devil's book.   In blood.

The ones tut-tutting about Charlottesville are the same bastards who think it's a great idea to rip healthcare away from the people who need it the most, and who remained determined to do that at the first opportunity.

Make no mistake, the Republicans decrying Charlottesville have an agenda, either re-election or ambitions for higher office. 

(Remember when Charlottesville was just a visit to the city on "The Waltons?")

Edited by millennium
  • Love 10

It's a tough job trying to moderate this forum!. I hope you get a bonus:) 

In lieu of a bonus/salary/stipend/minimum wage, MyAimIsTrue get his/her own extra special purty yellow post background! I'm sure that suffices.

but did not mention her tweet about Ivanka having sexual relations with her dad that got her fired from Politico

That's disgusting.  Right that she got fired.  I have never been on Twitter and hope to hell I never have to. Seems to me that it's so easy to just take your short fingers and quickly type something stupid and blathering.  Email gives you the chance to edit and make sure you aren't copying the person you're gossiping about.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

That's disgusting.  Right that she got fired.  I have never been on Twitter and hope to hell I never have to. Seems to me that it's so easy to just take your short fingers and quickly type something stupid and blathering.  Email gives you the chance to edit and make sure you aren't copying the person you're gossiping about.

Twitter glamours people into believing that everything they think is clever, snarky and ready for prime time.   A real problem in a society composed largely of dullards and nitwits.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, millennium said:

How much vacation time do these people get?

Way more than they deserve.  Way more than they earn.  They "work" from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.   But the first half hour or so is replayed at 8 o'clock, so ramp that down to 2 1/2 hours.  Then deduct the time Squinty disappears from the table for entire segments.  Then factor in the fact that Meek-a adds next to nothing to the discussions, opting instead for dramatic facial expressions, sighs and tsk tsk-ing.  So the need for so much time off is truly mystifying.  Hell, they take time off while they're "working".  But there is a wedding to plan, so I'm sure they're stretched to the limit.  *gag*

• Love 7
2 hours ago, millennium said:

(Remember when Charlottesville was just a visit to the city on "The Waltons?")

I used to have a client in west central Virginia and to visit them I would fly into Charlottesville and the real life inspiration for Walton's Mountain is literally in the next county.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

In lieu of a bonus/salary/stipend/minimum wage, MyAimIsTrue get his/her own extra special purty yellow post background! I'm sure that suffices.

I think the problem with commenting on Morning Joe is that the panelists say something on the show but expect viewers to forget what they have said or done in the past. Life was easier pre internet. No one would remember what you said.

Julia did apologize on twitter after being fired concerning her comments about Ivanka f** her dad, but it baffles me that someone who went to Princeton would write that on a public forum.

52 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I used to have a client in west central Virginia and to visit them I would fly into Charlottesville and the real life inspiration for Walton's Mountain is literally in the next county.

I have a book on the consequences of Nuclear War written in the early 1980's . They describe the consequences of a Nuclear attack on DC & how it would affect Charlottsville. It was scary.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Way more than they deserve.  Way more than they earn.  They "work" from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.   But the first half hour or so is replayed at 8 o'clock, so ramp that down to 2 1/2 hours.  Then deduct the time Squinty disappears from the table for entire segments.  Then factor in the fact that Meek-a adds next to nothing to the discussions, opting instead for dramatic facial expressions, sighs and tsk tsk-ing.  So the need for so much time off is truly mystifying.  Hell, they take time off while they're "working".  But there is a wedding to plan, so I'm sure they're stretched to the limit.  *gag*

Prior to the affair, Joe or Mika would take alternate weeks off , so there was always someone around to keep the show running smoothly.

I was off work today & able to watch the show live. The guests were not in order of importance.

Al Sharpton should have been on in the first bloc. He is an expert in civil rights demonstrations. Why was he on after 8 am?

Richard Haas is useful for foreign affairs but he was on the first block.

Tom Perez, who is the DNC leader gets the final 5 minutes? Why wasn't he on earlier?

Where was Corey Booker & Kamala Harris or John Lewis ? Booker used to be a regular on Morning Joe when he was mayor of Trenton. I haven't seen him on the show since he was elected Senator.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I'm female and I do like my yellow background :)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I have a book on the consequences of Nuclear War written in the early 1980's . They describe the consequences of a Nuclear attack on DC & how it would affect Charlottsville. It was scary.

Good night John-Boy.

• Love 4

I just don't enjoy the show nearly as much as I used to anymore.  I don't know if it was the affair finally being exposed (did they or didn't they?) and now that we know that they did for me I find their personal lives taking over the program.  It isn't so much their seemingly endless time off as I realize this is prime time for folks to be taking their vacation but now that they are a couple for me it disrupts the structure of the program.  I more than love me some Willie Giest and I would love to see him taking over this slot but his reach is diminished when playing second fiddle to these two.  The direction of the show is usually predicated on Joe's mood/musings plus they used to have a terrific variety of guests (I saw Jon Meacham the other day and realized what a loss it is for the show that he rarely if ever appears).  I don't know, I guess for me I have gone from ooooh is there something going on to sigh, get a room and let an adult take over . . . :(

• Love 5

Tuesday Recap. The King & Queen will be back on Thursday.  Willie has a new cohost, Hallie Jackson.

Wes Moore is on!. The panel table is full of people. Barnicle was able to utter his predictable line of The Presidency is tarnished.

Everyone on the panel is mad at trump for taking too long to criticize the Charlottsville terrorists.

Everyone is mad at Trump for criticizing the media & calling Acosta Fake News.

Heileman has new glasses.

The polls show Trump is very unpopular.

Heileman said the other GOP will come out and blame Trump since his poll numbers are low.

Hallie says that Tax reform will still get done even if people are personally mad at Trump.

• Love 2

Kristen " Hillary will get 320 EV" said that if Trump has support in the 20's , they will lose support.

She admitted that the polls were wrong in the last eleection & people won't tell a pollster that they like Trump.

They are excited that people will not admit publicly that they support Trump.

Hallie was excited that everyone is quitting the Manufacturer's council. This is a big deal! Intel will stop selling chips. Merck will stop selling overprice drugs!. /sarc.

Can anyone explain if corporate policy is affected by being on a council?

Now Barnicle said that the economy is weaker than the stats show. He questions the numbers produced by the agencies.

Fake stats? Barnicle should stick to his "kitchen table" commentary.

They showed clips of the Mooch blaming Bannon & Priebus for leaking news. Why would anyone take the Mooch seriously?

• Love 2

Kim Jong backed off his plan to attack Guam today. Barnicle asks Stavridis about Charlottsville. LOL!

Isn't North Korea the issue?

No one on the panel remembered bashing Trump last week for his tough talk "fire & fury" at Kim. Kim backs off attacking Guam. Maybe it worked?

The panel is too one sided today to have any meaningful discussions. Barnicle should go see his friends on Nantucket.

Heilemann is now forgetting that you can still can get relected if you have a bad first year. It happened to Bill Clinton.

Willie is mad at Trump retweeting a Trump Train crashing through a CNN logo.

• Love 1

Can anyone explain if corporate policy is affected by being on a council?

There are two CEO advisory councils, accent on advisory. One is for policy and strategy and the other is for a manufacturing initiative. They've done nothing beyond being announced and presented and it's been four months since their last meetings.

The CEO resignations story was everywhere last night; I was looking forward to hearing Joe's take on it this morning. But, noooooo.

Edited by suomi
10 minutes ago, suomi said:

There are two CEO advisory councils, accent on advisory. One is for policy and strategy and the other is for a manufacturing initiative. They've done nothing beyond being announced and presented and it's been four months since their last meetings.

The CEO resignations story was everywhere last night; I was looking forward to hearing Joe's take on it this morning. But, noooooo.

Based on his Twitter, Joe seemed to be pretty happy with the CEO resignations. He tweeted that he was going to buy Under Armor in support. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I just don't enjoy the show nearly as much as I used to anymore.  I don't know if it was the affair finally being exposed (did they or didn't they?) and now that we know that they did for me I find their personal lives taking over the program.  It isn't so much their seemingly endless time off as I realize this is prime time for folks to be taking their vacation but now that they are a couple for me it disrupts the structure of the program.  I more than love me some Willie Giest and I would love to see him taking over this slot but his reach is diminished when playing second fiddle to these two.  The direction of the show is usually predicated on Joe's mood/musings plus they used to have a terrific variety of guests (I saw Jon Meacham the other day and realized what a loss it is for the show that he rarely if ever appears).  I don't know, I guess for me I have gone from ooooh is there something going on to sigh, get a room and let an adult take over . . . :(

It will be harder for Joe & Mika to take different positions on issues now that they are an official couple. They are both now anti-Trump on every issue after being attacked by him.

It is very revealing that Joe refuses to disclose his text messages to Jared about the alleged blackmail over the National Enquirer issue.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, suomi said:

Unfortunately these councils are better at optics than official USA government policy. 

Mika used to brag about being considered to be on Ivanka council of working women

Just now, stormy said:

Will Mika and Joe be the new James Carville and Mary Matalin?

I think that's the plan but they are too personally offended by Trump to be effective. 

• Love 2

Who was the guys sitting next to Wes Moore with the red tie?  We don't like him, right?  

I realize people show up to peaceful protests just to start shit.   

But it sounded like he was pulling the false equivalency bullshit that the anti KKK protesters were being as violent as the Brotherhood of Tiki Torches, trying to give Trump a pass on the "all sides" comment. 

As I left I thought I heard it mentioned that the alt right group was suing the police department of Charlottesville for restricting their First Amendment right. 

Fuck off. 

Edited by teddysmom
they're "suing the police" not "suiting them
  • Love 9

ill Mika and Joe be the new James Carville and Mary Matalin?

Mary's politics aside, Mika wishes she was as smart as Mary Matalin.

Also, neither have ever been asked to work as counselors/advisors to Presidents which Mary & James both have. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Who was the guys sitting next to Wes Moore with the red tie?  We don't like him, right?  

I realize people show up to peaceful protests just to start shit.   

But it sounded like he was pulling the false equivalency bullshit that the anti KKK protesters were being as violent as the Brotherhood of Tiki Torches, trying to give Trump a pass on the "all sides" comment. 

As I left I thought I heard it mentioned that the alt right group was suiting the police department of Charlottesville for restricting their First Amendment right. 

Fuck off.

No ma'am, we do NOT like him.  I hope he's never on the panel again.  If I were on the panel with him I'd have grabbed him by that tie and shook the F out of him and slapped his smug face while explaining false equivalencies... except I wouldn't because it may have caused Hallie Jackson to view me in a bad light and I really, really want her to like me.  I'd had like 2.5 cups of coffee and actually imagined that scenario while he was explaining that the real villains here aren't violent white supremacists.
The producers must have liked him because they had him move seats and bounce around the set during different segments.  When he was asked to stay, he had such a smug look on his face.  (He'd have been an obsequious Death Eater politician in a Harry Potter movie.)  His intentionally incendiary comments must've caused angry FB page comments and Twitter to blow up in the MSNBC universe.  I doubt he believes his idea thoroughly, and instead is looking for notoriety.  He couldn't truly defend his thesis to something like a panel of rhetorics profs. 
FWIW, I don't support Antifa, but I do support everything anti-fascist.

4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

We don't like him, right?  

But we do loooove some Hallie Jackson.   50/50 at some point she's gonna kick a question over to that goof Heilemann and catch him flat footed, mooning over her.  And he's gonna blurt, "You're so pretty!"  and then cover his mouth and turn red.

Mika has less gravitas than Mary Matalin's purse lint.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Why should he?  How would he benefit by talking to these nimrods?  He's in office until 2020, he doesn't need to campaign.

I thought he might want to increase his profile. 

1 minute ago, oakville said:

I thought he might want to increase his profile. 

The MSNBC audience already knows who he is. If he didn't have any ties to Big Pharma and if he wasn't dogged by rumors of his alleged closeted life he'd be the Dems Big Hope for 2020.

• Love 1

It pains me to say this, and I like Willie Geist.  But I just don't think he can carry a morning show.  He comes off as having no energy at all and the entire panel seems to deflate.  He would be great on a Meet-the-Press type of show where he could interview and ask pertinent questions rather than try to lasso a panel full of media people.  With all that has gone on in the last few days, there is SO much fodder to get a group of people talking; but today's show just about put me back to sleep. God help me, I can't stand Joe - but I actually miss his energy when he is not on.  I never ever ever miss Meek-a.  She is just a bunch of twitches, fake outrage and facial expressions...hardly ever comes up with any comments that are pertinent; or funny.  God bless her, she tries to have a sense of humor but that is something that just cannot be learned or forced.  I don't dislike her but to me...she is just "there"...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, oakville said:

No one on the panel remembered bashing Trump last week for his tough talk "fire & fury" at Kim. Kim backs off attacking Guam. Maybe it worked?

No, it didn't.  What worked is that China just banned imports of North Korean iron, lead and coal as part of their sanctions against North Korea.  AND China told NK that if they attacked the U.S. (Guam), China would remain neutral, meaning NK would be on their own.  THAT is what calmed things down, not threats of fire and fury.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

The MSNBC audience already knows who he is. If he didn't have any ties to Big Pharma and if he wasn't dogged by rumors of his alleged closeted life he'd be the Dems Big Hope for 2020.

Wouldn't Democrats be excited about nominating a gay African American candidate at least for VP? We have elected Lesbian Premier(Governor) in Ontario. 

23 minutes ago, izabella said:

No, it didn't.  What worked is that China just banned imports of North Korean iron, lead and coal as part of their sanctions against North Korea.  AND China told NK that if they attacked the U.S. (Guam), China would remain neutral, meaning NK would be on their own.  THAT is what calmed things down, not threats of fire and fury.

Sanctions have just started. Kim is being a wimp. He promised to launch missiles at Guam's coastal waters. 

Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Not a candidate that's a closet case.

If he came out during the primaries, wouldn't the base support him?