Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

So Mader was invited to the panel this year? Why do I get the terrible feeling the Zelena pregnancy plot is going to take up way too much screen time next season? Well, any screen time devoted to it is too much, but still...

(edited)

Socha was a regular last year too, but he didn't go to the panel. And based on the amount of screen time he got, I now understand why.

Edited by Curio

Jared is also a regular and he is not going this year. I read somewhere that Sean wife's is due around the Comic Con dates, so maybe he doesn't go. With Rebecca there, Lana has someone to interact with if Sean ends up not going.

• Love 3

Say what you will about Henry, I think it's pretty crappy that Jared was the only main cast member not invited to Comic-Con this year. It sounds like maybe they are leaving him in Vancouver to film something on that Friday, but for a kid, that's gotta feel bad.

• Love 1

Eh, no. I think "filming" is just an excuse. They're leaving him out because if they didn't, they would have one more person's hotel/travel/etc to pay for, and that wouldn't get them enough bang for their buck because nobody likes Henry. Every other character has a fandom. The only reason he got to go last year for as a "replacement" for GG. Plus, him being underage, they would probably have to pay someone to chaperone him, etc. 

I kind of liked his latest tweet in response.

Believe me everyone, I'm more bummed at not being able to go to @Comic_Con than you are. I am hoping to be busy "Writing" #OnceUponATime

Hmm...perhaps he is filming something while the rest of them leave. It would make sense considering they're only going to be back for a few days at that point. Or there's always the kid factor. He seemed a little shy and uncomfortable with the media last year -- maybe they just figured it would be a better idea to not put him in that situation again.

• Love 1

I can;t imagine what they could possibly discuss at a public event open to children that would be unsuitable for a 15-year old to hear. Jared reads the scripts. He knows exactly what is happening on the show.

Just today, Sean posted this on Twitter:

A special Big shout out to ALL #SwanQueen fans. Your kindness has been overwhelming. ❤ p.s but just be clear I love all ships.

Step away from the rabbit hole, Sean!

• Love 3

LOL, I think some of them realized how some of their shipmates have been terrible to him on Twitter and made it a point to approach him and say they were SQers but liked him. Good for them.

Lana's husband seems super fun.

• Love 2

Did anyone see this? Ginny will be on the upcoming season of Who Do You Think You Are?:

· Ginnifer Goodwin, who sets out to learn about her mysterious paternal great grandparents, whom her father, regretfully, does not know much about either.
  • Love 1

Use Me? Holy crap. The only reason I know that song is because I found an awesome version by Liza Minnelli once. Liza! And it looks like it may have originally been a Bill Withers song. Geez, that's a deep dive for a great song.

We need more video! More!

Posting this here because it was in the spoiler thread, but Ginny's new hairstyle isn't really a spoiler ;)

Ginny and Josh are at Disneyland (they seem to go there like twice a month!). Here is a pic of Ginny's new blonde hair. Here is a super cute pic of Josh with Oliver, but it's possible it'll be deleted soon.

I wonder who will be doing the commentaries on the Season 4 blu-ray?

Adam said on Twitter a couple of months ago that he and JMo did a commentary on one ep. Didn't say which one.

It's complete with the whole "Evil isn't born, it's made" off on the side.  So ABC is putting money into this promo?  Is there a chance ABC is also chaperoning our awesome writers and going "no, no, no" at some things?

No. They did the same thing last year with Frozen. In fact, the billboard is probably in the same exact location as last year -- definitely on the same building at least.

Sigh. Yet again, the graphic designer in me weeps. Seriously ABC, do you have any job openings in your marketing department?

I'll give them props for the black swan feathers as the eyes/eye lashes, but this just looks like a cheesy poster for a horror film, which I doubt will be the feel of Season 5. (Who knows, maybe this season will have more of a scary movie vibe?)

• Love 1
(edited)

If they were going to rip off the Black Swan poster, I wish they had Jennifer Morrison do a photoshoot more like this and rip that poster off instead.

(Maybe I'll just photoshop my own poster and look at that...)

Edited by Curio

Well, I certainly don't look at that poster and think, "Fun, family fare to watch on Sundays."  Dramatically different from Elsa last year.

And it's not a bad thing.  I wish they'd go back a bit to their season 1 formula before they were dubbed a family show and everyone started tip toeing around issues and backtracking (I'm not talking about the 30 year rape because that will never be acknowledged as such anyway).

I wish they'd go back a bit to their season 1 formula before they were dubbed a family show and everyone started tip toeing around issues and backtracking

This show was marketed as a family show from the beginning and no season was more family friendly than S1. S1 had kid hero Henry front and center in every episode and driving major plots, Hansel and Gretel, kid Bae, kid Snow and Grace/Paige that all carried episodes and plot. The tip toeing around issues and backtracking only applies to their Mary Sue Woegina fanfiction. I mean I don't think they were tip toeing around the fact that Snow and Charming kidnapped a baby and ruined her life or the multiple times of red-lettering Snow as a murderer onscreen. I doubt parents would want to explain that one to their 5 year daughter playing with Disney princesses dolls on what a murderer is and why Snow White is one.

That poster is such a blatant rip off of Black Swan, I'm sure somebody could sue if they wanted to. Don't think Disney put out that movie.

(edited)

That poster is such a blatant rip off of Black Swan, I'm sure somebody could sue if they wanted to. Don't think Disney put out that movie.

That would be hilarious, actually. It also reminds me a bit of True Blood.

I do think it's deliberate that the poster style is so jarring, though. Maybe the ABC marketing executives know how badly this show has fallen off the plot bandwagon, so they're desperate to reel in new viewers any way they can. This new poster screams "horror show," and with the popularity of American Horror Show, maybe they're banking on new viewers tuning in and thinking Once will be like that?

Actually, the more likely answer is that the ABC marketing and graphics department has a higher-up executive who has the final say in what goes out into the press, and they just happened to choose this option instead of the other (probably better) options their graphics department presented to them. That's assuming they have an in-house design department and they don't outsource they're materials. If they hired an outside ad firm to make that? Yikes.

Edited by Curio