Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

(edited)

Singing and playing guitar? VIDEO OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

As for the one-handed thing, I highly recommend the Nerdit podcast JMo did last year. She was awesome in it in general but she talked about that. Apparently there are times when Colin reads the script and will actually jokingly complain that the writers hadn't seemed to remember that he only had one hand.

Well, they did have him climbing a beanstalk, didn't they? :) I like that their lack of foresight makes him have to think outside the box!

I'm so jealous....the con sounds amazing. I'm glad it's going well!

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1
(edited)
Colin clarified his remark about the improv in the beanstalk scene. Still doesn't change that it was awesome.

I loved how he included Adam in  his clarification. I wonder if he's seen the "Friends" episode where Joey gets written out of "Days of Our Lives" for saying that he writes  a lot of his own lines. There abundance of magic in Storybrooke would make up for there only being one elevator shaft to drop him down.

Edited by kili
  • Love 3

Not only did he clarify, but he used that tweet. The one with the picture and the emojis with a dead fan, heart eyes and a big ball of fire. What a deliciously adorable troll.

• Love 1

This cast really is precious. No matter what I think of the show at times, they really are good to the fans.

Lots of adorable moments, fun pictures, great costumes, and wonderful insight into the characters and/or favorite scenes.

Love that Jen clarified that Emma's sacrifice was for everyone and not just Regina.

• Love 2

I love this cast. They look like they have so much fun! I've been fortunate to be in fandoms where the celebrities have been great to their fans. It tells you a lot about someone by how they treat others! And they put up with a lot of crap as well, so I appreciate their willingness to interact.

• Love 2

I love this cast. They look like they have so much fun! I've been fortunate to be in fandoms where the celebrities have been great to their fans. It tells you a lot about someone by how they treat others! And they put up with a lot of crap as well, so I appreciate their willingness to interact.

It also says a lot when even guest stars rave about how much fun they've had working on the show and how well the main cast treated them. They're like a big goofy family that plays dress up together.

• Love 1

The cast is one of the reasons I keep watching the show.

I've had a very limited access to internet this weekend, so I haven't seen many things from the Paris con. If someone has a link with a summary of the panel with Jennifer, Colin and Meghan, I would be very grateful. :-)

• Love 1

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised that this con did not end in huge fandom dramas over something an actor said/didn't say/where they sat/what they wore, etc. A few days ago, I would have bet good money that it would all end in tears on tumblr. 

Perhaps my favorite quote from the con:

Colin was asked about Dark Emma and he said it’s a problem, he used to hate the Dark One and wanted to destroy him and now he wants to do OTHER THINGS to the Dark One.

http://meowdonoghue.tumblr.com/post/122067260498/colin-was-asked-about-dark-emma-and-he-said-its-a

Some of the descriptions about this said he actually raised a very knowingly Colin O'Donoghue eyebrow. You know the one. Of course, Captain Swan fans weren't the only ones to lose their minds. Lana and Jen touched briefly at the end and SQ went bonkers. So a little something for everyone after all I guess.

The Brazil con schedule looks interesting, especially considering that Colin is going to be flying solo on a few more things. It seemed like there were more actors around him during Paris to help him out -- or hurt him considering the cheerleader mode Jen and Lana went into when people asked him to sing. ;) And there seem to be more pairings than group things with more than three actors. So that lends itself to Lana and Sean together, and Bex and Sean together. I don't know how quick I would sign up for a Sean and Bex duo photo.

I didn't even know there was going to be a Brazilian con. Yay, more goodies to look forward to! Poor Colin though, having to do a panel by himself. Hopefully the fans are gentle with him. :) I thought it was nice that Jen got up to dance when Colin started singing, because she probably could tell he was a bit uncomfortable and it helped take some of the attention away from just him.

• Love 3

I didn't even know there was going to be a Brazilian con. Yay, more goodies to look forward to! Poor Colin though, having to do a panel by himself. Hopefully the fans are gentle with him. :) I thought it was nice that Jen got up to dance when Colin started singing, because she probably could tell he was a bit uncomfortable and it helped take some of the attention away from just him.

Yes, nothing like being asked to do an impromptu song!

• Love 1

The two events are organized by different people. As far as I know one has nothing to do with the other. Maybe it's the actors who don;t want to appear as even a pseudo-couple off-screen. I can totally see that what with all the over-invested fans quasi shipping them as a couple and squeeing "How cute!" and "They are so adorable together!' whenever they appear anywhere in public

• Love 4

I'm not talking about the people who have organized the cons or about the actors, but about that particular subset of fans who just a few weeks ago harassed Jennifer until she had to cancel her photo duo with Colin in Paris. They never attack Lana when she talks about OQ, or when she posts pics with Sean. If the Brazil Con was about CS, you can bet the Swan Queen shippers would be in an uproar right now.

• Love 3

The uproar that eventually led to changes to the schedule didn't start until they had confirmation that Morrison and Parrilla would both be attending that convention without doing a single thing together. Now, I'm not saying they should be obligated to do that and I'm sure there are multiple very good reasons why things were scheduled that way. But my point is: I don't think the situations are all that comparable.

You'll always have the bitter, hate-filled drama queens who grow petty whenever they don't get their way and some of the stuff that's been said by the extremists in the SQ fandom about the upcoming Rio convention made me feel uneasy already, especially for the two men. But I'm not buying for a second that the situation would have been any different from the Paris one if Morrison would be attending that one too and the con or the teams organizing these things for the actresses would only pair them up with the actors playing their respective male love interests while they're at the same event.

(edited)

The uproar that eventually led to changes to the schedule didn't start until they had confirmation that Morrison and Parrilla would both be attending that convention without doing a single thing together.

Not entirely true. The uproar was only over the photos. The sked wasn't released until weeks afterward, so they didn't know they wouldn't be "doing a single thing together" -- just no photos. The Brazil con clearly learned from the Paris drama, because before they released their sked, they came out and basically said, "No whining over the sked."

Many SQ fans treat JMo & Lana completely differently. They attack JMo mercilessly while barely saying anything if Lana says or does something similar. I think Emma is mostly a self-insert for them.

How's this for an awful, crazy fan encounter? Colin told a fan in Paris that a fan once broke the window of the car he was in to touch him! How scary and insane is THAT?

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

Real words from A&E:

http://news.moviefone.com/2015/06/22/once-upon-a-time-creator-describes-season-5-in-one-word/

Quotes:

"When Zap2it asked for a one-word description for Season 5, Kitsis answered: "Swan." Not Emma. Not Darkness. Swan."

"That's not to say that Emma will dominate the season, since Horowitz told Zap2it an overall theme has been talked about, but not confirmed. "We start with a theme we want to explore and go from there," he said. "We've done our mini-camp. We actually have the next month so we like to sit for the next month and ask 'Does it still hold true?'"

Nice recount of one of Colin's meet-and-greets from the con.

Colin is definitely a one-of-a-kind treasure.  And  how cute was it that his first day on the set, he was trying to play cocky Hook while his inner starstruck fanboy was geeking out over getting to act opposite Robert Carlysle?

• Love 2
Really sounds like they're doing a swan fairy tale. The Swan Princess? Swan Lake?

Sort of sounds like it.  Actually, at this point, I don't care what they do as long as it's good and doesn't become about other people who aren't Emma.

• Love 3
(edited)

What's-her-face is doing another EW hot seat yes/no question thing again. If anyone cares.

I'm gonna ask if there's a chance of Madam Mim popping up. I know it's highly unlikely (just by the sounds of casting), and it looks like they'll probably stay away from the Disney Sword in the Stone stuff besides little easter eggs, but I'm still going to ask just cause I can.

I'm gonna ask if we'll get to see Archimedes the owl too.

*how do we get words in italics/bold? I've been blanking out on how to do it for some reason. I know brackets are involved, but i can't remember the correct order of the slashes and the letters.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
(edited)

*how do we get words in italics/bold? I've been blanking out on how to do it for some reason. I know brackets are involved, but i can't remember the correct order of the slashes and the letters.

If you're on tablet and therefore don't see the menu buttons:

38871xu.png

Edited by pezgirl7

Don't ask any CS questions because you know she won't pass those on.

I'm really curious as to why the people at any entertainment site would allow this type of thing to happen. In an episode review, I can understand the writer editorializing and hating on a character or ship or storyline, but as a general media interview/interest story, they want traffic. Why would you ever allow your staff to cut out a very popular ship/character from your interview/story? The best way to get the most traffic is to cover all of the stories/characters and thus receive traffic from all of the fans. It makes no sense to me that any editor would allow some kind of personal bias from a writer to exclude something that would increase the visibility and traffic to their site. Am I missing something about the entertainment media here? 

Thanks for answering my question sharky and pezgirl7!

That lady has asked one or two CS questions before. She probably can't completely avoid it.

I had also asked whether or not the Camelot part would mirror how the Frozen flashback sections were incorporated into the story, because I know some people thought that it lead to too much Frozen. So I guess we'll see which questions she chooses to ask.