Type keyword(s) to search

New Girl in the Media

Here is an interview with Liz Meriweather about what went wrong in Season 3 and how they hope to correct it, conducted by Alan Sepinwall. It's encouraging that she knows last season didn't really work, though disappointing that she's given up on figuring out how to write a couple (for now).

• Love 1

A few reports said she was due in summer. So they may do the Amy Poehler thing and just film as many episodes as possible before she goes into labor. But, her due date does make it easier to avoid having to make it a storyline, I think. 

• Love 1

The show could make it work, only if it is Nick's kid though not that British dude (name I can't recall because he is so unremarkable).

Perhaps they could do an episode similar to the epic IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA episode where they tried to figure out which one of them got Sweet Dee pregnant.

Blind items have hinted about this and they share that the baby will be written in.

No baby on New Girl:

Question: Can I get some more scoop about the most recent Blind Item? Pretty please with Smurfs on top! —Kyle

Ausiello: It’s not Scandal. Or any ABC series for that matter. It’s also not Jess on New Girl.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/castle-the-wrong-stuff-season-7-mars-space-spoilers/

Pregnancy Blind Item Here: http://tvline.com/2014/12/12/blind-item-pregnant-star-series-ausiello/

• Love 1

Well, I don't know for sure that's what the BI is referring to but the sides for the show I mentioned seem to fit ...

Sides released for the 15th ep of TMP indicate that Mindy finds out she's pregnant and it's mentioned in the sides for a later episode as well.  With the additional episodes ordered and a renewal seeming likely, they may change the direction or push the reveal back to later in the season but so far TMP seems to fit. 

Edited by Irlandesa

TVLINE: New Girl Is Probably 'Done' After Season 6, Says Jake Johnson

“Fox won’t tell us [whether the show will be renewed],” Johnson says. “But we shot a finale where, if this was the end, the core fan base would be OK.”

And it’s a good thing the April 4 finale is said to provide closure, because Johnson goes so far as to state that “I think after this season it’s done.”

I'm sad to hear that - I think creatively they found their footing again this season. However, it does feel like we're winding down: CeCe and Smith married and about to move away from the loft, Winston proposing to Aly, Jess and Nick slowly inching towards reconcilliation - and if the season finale provides closure, I'm actually okay with it.

Edited by feverfew
Spelling is important, dammit!
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, feverfew said:

TVLINE: New Girl Is Probably 'Done' After Season 6, Says Jake Johnson

I'm sad to hear that - I think creatively they found their footing again this season. However, it does feel like we're winding down: CeCe and Smith married and about to move away from the loft, Winston proposing to Aly, Jess and Nick slowly inching towards reconcilliation - and if the season finale provides closure, I'm actually okay with it.

Hmm. I'd assumed it had already been decided. It does seem like everything's being wrapped up. I'm good with it ending. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

I'm good with it ending.

Same here, I'd rather it go out on a high note than keep dragging out this whole Jess/Nick shtick through the mud.

• Love 1

Wonderful news!  I'm glad FOX didn't decide to drag it out for an entire 22 episodes.  Eight is good enough to tell everybody's stories.  Though, it looks like we're gonna have to stick it out for about a year.

• Love 2

I think the renewal was a mistake. This season's finale felt very final. I don't need to see a pregnant Cece (or worse, a baby -- they always ruin comedies for me). I don't need to see Nick and Jess trying again. I will watch, though, and hope that I'll actually end up enjoying it!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

This is great to hear. They can go out on their terms and really wrap everything up. Plus, this means we get to see Winston's wedding!

I felt like everything DID wrap up. I'll be watching though. Hope they don't fuck it up. 

(edited)
10 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

I felt like everything DID wrap up. I'll be watching though. Hope they don't fuck it up. 

It wrapped up quickly, they had to leave a couple hanging threads in case of a renewal. Like Winston's wedding, and his potential relationship with his dad even though Furguson isn't ready to have a relationship with him yet. Plus, we can see the Nick/Jess thing work this time. I get what you mean, if it wasn't renewed, it would have been fine; but nothing will have to be left for us to fill in the blanks this time. 

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

It wrapped up quickly, they had to leave a couple hanging threads in case of a renewal. Like Winston's wedding, and his potential relationship with his dad even though Furguson isn't ready to have a relationship with him yet. Plus, we can see the Nick/Jess thing work this time. I get what you mean, if it wasn't renewed, it would have been fine; but nothing will have to be left for us to fill in the blanks this time. 

Yeah, I have enough imagination to fill in the blanks. I just really, really hated what they did w/Nick and Jess the first time around. 

• Love 1

I still think it should have ended where it ended, but I'll happily watch a limited, eight-episode run, since they now know with 100% certainty that'll be the end of it. They managed to pull off some good episodes at the end of a mostly weak Season 6 so I'm hoping with the limited order they can really polish up the last eight and make them funny.

• Love 2

I think I'm going to leave this one where it ended last season. I have less than zero desire to see a pregnancy/baby/new parent hijinks story line, and I don't think Jess and Nick actually resolved the problems that caused them to break up so I'm not ready to buy them as a successful couple. Winston and Ally are fine but if their wedding is half as exhausting as the proposal process, then no thanks. It was a good show, I enjoyed it a lot, and as far as I'm concerned it's finished. 

• Love 1

Yay! The three year time jump means we get to skip Cece's pregnancy! But does this mean we will miss Winston's wedding? I really need to see Ferguson walk down the aisle. Maybe all the planning and steps and costume rentals require three years. 

• Love 1

I think a lot of us felt that "Parks & Rec Style" Final Season was going to be the way to go. It looks like they're doing exactly that, time jump and everything.

Hopefully they follow the same narrative and treat it more like an Epilogue than a Final Chapter. A little bit of fan service to know all our friends are going to be okay.

Biggest question, will anyone still be in the loft? It would likely be Nick and Jess and not Winston and Aly, but we shall see!