Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Noah doesn't a have good track record with fiancee's. If she was let go for budget and not because she had already gotten the pilot, then I guess she won't be recast.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

SOD says Sofia wasn't let go, she's recurring.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/sofia-pernas-contract-yr

Although Deadline reports that Sofia Pernas, who joined Y&R last year as Marisa, was informed on Monday that the show was letting her go for budgetary reasons, a Y&R spokesperson clarifies that the actress is not leaving, although she has been taken off contract. According to the rep, "Sofia Pernas is recurring and will continue to be seen on the show." She has, however, already lined up her next gig, booking the role of Coriander in the CW pilot TRANSYLVANIA.

• Love 1

SOD says Sofia wasn't let go, she's recurring.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/sofia-pernas-contract-yr

As soon as we saw her, I knew it would be no time at all before she found another gig.  Beautiful and talented.  She wasn't going to linger in daytime US.  I look forward to seeing her trajectory.  So many soap actors go on to make careers elsewhere and I love that.  I watch Castle, not because it is a good show, but because Nathan Fillion.

• Love 3

Ha! Ontario sounds like Amsterdam and Las Vegas rolled into one compared to Pennsylvania! PA was founded by Quakers, and I don't think they ever left!

Only very recently has beer (and only beer) been available at SOME (very few) supermarkets. Progress!

I'm not sure where you are in PA, but I'm very close to the supermarket Wegmans, who sells beer. PA laws are so stupid...I was at Wegmans early on a Sunday & I wanted to get a six pack, but you're not allowed until 10AM. Also, if you're checking out beer, you're not allowed food item, because it would look like the alcohol-food sales aren't separated (that was explained to me when I tried to check out a bag of carrots with my beer).
  • Love 1

I'm in Pittsburgh...we don't have Wegmans here, but I do live near a Giant Eagle supermarket that began selling six-packs about 1 or 2 years ago. I think Giant Eagle is the only supermarket around here that can sell beer, but not all Giant Eagles sell beer. ??

I was a bartender about 15 years ago, when bars were the only place you could get six-packs. As I was putting one in a bag for a customer, he told me he didn't need the bag because he lived nearby. "Oh, no," I told him. "You have to have the bag." Yes, PA laws are pretty antiquated, to put it mildly!

• Love 2

I guess I'm stupid, but I just assumed you could buy beer and wine at any supermarket anywhere in the U.S.  We have liquor stores for the hard stuff and you can't buy it on Sundays.  Years ago, you couldn't buy beer until after noon on Sundays and I never understood that.  You can buy pretty much whatever you want here, but this is Texas, which makes a difference, I guess.  Its weird here, too - you can probably buy a machine gun, but you can't buy pot - no, sir.......not legally.

• Love 3

It looks like the character was dropped (she was let go for budgetary reasons before SP got her new gig), so they won't recast her. For that I am grateful.

That's the story anyway. I'm not sure I'm buying it. They had to let a contract player go (one who had just begun to appear in the show's opening credits), or at least drop to her to "recurring", the Hollywood euphemism for script Purgatory, in order to (apparently) bring in two new players who have yet to be cast. One of them of them is apparently a female prison MD (bye bye Victor!) who has trouble "emoting" (join the family, Unsub!), and a working class guy of some sort, who will probably turn out to be Shawn's boyfriend-baby daddy. Frankly, they might as well have loosened up some contract money and given RA the boot as well. He's been one miserable storyline fail from the jump. I don't think he's that terrible, but he's been cursed with nature's babyface syndrome - and he's vertically challenged to boot, which is a lock to set him up for dismal basement dwelling until he hits his 50s - at the least. I think the show made a mistake by booting SP. I've hated her multiple personalities but that certainly wasn't the actress's fault. She actually had potential but they threw her together with RA and MGV, who continues to bore while simultaneously causing lips to curl nationwide.

• Love 4

I guess I'm stupid, but I just assumed you could buy beer and wine at any supermarket anywhere in the U.S.  We have liquor stores for the hard stuff and you can't buy it on Sundays.  Years ago, you couldn't buy beer until after noon on Sundays and I never understood that.  You can buy pretty much whatever you want here, but this is Texas, which makes a difference, I guess.  Its weird here, too - you can probably buy a machine gun, but you can't buy pot - no, sir.......not legally.

Lol.

Here in WA you can buy beer or wine any day of the week at grocery and convenience stores.  Up until a couple years ago you could only get the hard stuff at state liquor stores, but we had a vote and now you can get it at CostCo, grocery stores and even Target type stores.

• Love 2

Just skimmed through Eric Braeden's FB chat to see if he said anything nuts. He didn't. It was boring and mostly fawning fans. This was funny though:

Question: With all of Victor's enemies past and present, do you feel that he has finally met his match in Luca Santori?

EB: Good God, no.

• Love 8

I think the show made a mistake by booting SP. I've hated her multiple personalities but that certainly wasn't the actress's fault.

No, it's not her fault at all. They just kept writing all kinds of nonsense for Marisa to see if something would stick, but nothing did because it was all so incredibly stupid. I said this on the B&B board and I'll say it here, if I ever met a lot of these actors I'd have to ask them what (besides a paycheck) motivates them to get out of bed and play characters that have no rhyme or reason for their actions, which change every way the wind blows.
  • Love 6

I thought nuKyle too. But once hired they usually give the real character name right? He looks a bit young for AH.

nuKyle could be recurring. They'd be smart not to commit to yet another Kyle.

• Love 1

according to sod, there is another newbie coming to gc.

travis..he will be recurring at first.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-yr-casts-new-role-2

i thought they would cast shawn's bf for the adoption s/l, but this guy looks too old for that.

From what I am hearing he is Victoria's new love interest. The actor on twitter is following the Y&R accounds and AH, so I think the rumor has some weight to it. I guess Victoria he getting her groove back with a young one.

• Love 1

JT recast anyone?

I understand JFP and Pratt are already auditioning possible replacements, at least that's what this picture leaked from the set indicates....

JT.jpg

Maybe Love in the Afternoon will be making a comeback.....

• Love 8

I'm actually sad about Noah being put on recurring. I liked the character for the most part. Or at least, I like him away from Marissa and with Mariah. I was hoping to see some Mariah and Noah interaction at the Underground once they get rid of Marissa but I guess not. Boo.

• Love 2

Mysterious is usually the code word for "Long lost relative" and he looks like an Abbott. 

I wish he would be our new Billy. He actually looks like he could play Billy even if he might be a tad young. Then again, I'd rather young Billy than old ass Billy.

• Love 2

Casting

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-alicia-coppola-joins-yr

ANOTHER WORLD alum Alicia Coppola (ex-Lorna), who has racked up an impressive list of credits since leaving Bay City in 1994, has joined the cast of the No. 1 show as Meredith Gates, a doctor, and will make her Genoa City debut on April 13. "They explained a little bit about it and who I would be working with and sent me some material,” Coppola tells Digest of her initial discussions about the role. "In those 10 pages that I read, it was a really fully fleshed-out female character. I haven’t really read something like that in a long time, something that was so dynamic and interesting that I automatically saw a backstory. She reminds me of Lorna. She feels things very deeply, and I just think there’s a lot more going on than what’s on the surface. I like that.” For more, see an upcoming issue of Digest.

Casting news...

EXCLUSIVE! ALICIA COPPOLA JOINS Y&R!
By SOD • Posted: Mar 23, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD alum Alicia Coppola (ex-Lorna), who has racked up an impressive list of credits since leaving Bay City in 1994, has joined the cast of the No. 1 show as Meredith Gates, a doctor, and will make her Genoa City debut on April 13. "They explained a little bit about it and who I would be working with and sent me some material,” Coppola tells Digest of her initial discussions about the role. "In those 10 pages that I read, it was a really fully fleshed-out female character. I haven’t really read something like that in a long time, something that was so dynamic and interesting that I automatically saw a backstory. She reminds me of Lorna. She feels things very deeply, and I just think there’s a lot more going on than what’s on the surface. I like that.” For more, see an upcoming issue of Digest.

Is she going to treat Victor's tumour? I thought I read there was a prison doc coming. Is this another doctor?

She'd be nice for Jack. :)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 1

Yes she is the prison doctor. So Victor will be her intro storyline but I think once that is done she will bump into Smiling Jack who will be in need of a nice pick me up.

She has a Sabrina vibe. I'll bet EB has claimed her (gag).
  • Love 2