Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

n7142.jpg

It looks like Patrick Drake & nuPhyllis hit the sheets soon.

Justin Hartley is the lead in a new pilot which might get picked up.

Jacks brother and wife hooking up doesn't affect him?
  • Love 4

I'm going to assume this "betrayal" on the cover is about the Passkey shit? They've been teasing this Philly hookup as though it's tantalizing instead of revolting so this is probably more teasing. Vicki and Billy aren't even married FFS so what's "ultimate?" Philly sex would be THE ultimate betrayal of Jack.

Where is JACK???!!!!!!

• Love 7

I think it's not sleeping together (yet) I think it's the working with Natalie behind her back. Also Billy's been lying since he woke up and knows Phyllis kidnapped Adam.

Oh no, wedding terror Abby&Chad.

I always thought the "ultimate betrayal" is someone intentionally imprisoning you for a crime you didn't commit or a spouse you love & trust sexually assaulting your child.

Not a guy who's already cheated and lied multiple times and not worth a fuck, lying and screwing around for the 20th time. But why do I know?!

• Love 6

I don't get why any of the kids are testifying to begin with. Abby? She knew nothing until yesterday's show. Adam and Noah are the only ones who actually had prior knowledge.

• Love 1

As far as I’m concerned, Victor should dismiss Nikki. It’s over. Done! Are you kidding me? She is persona non grata. I would never tolerate a wife who spoke out against me, and neither should he. The same with his children. He should disown them. Bingo! Bye! This is where the writers and I have had disagreements. They have their agenda. But I remember Victor’s history. When I see a script where Victor starts to soften with someone who has done him wrong, I say, “Bulls--t! I won’t act this!”

Such a kind-hearted man...NOT!

• Love 3

Eric Braeden is stupid. So what if his victims have committed other crimes? That has nothing to do with what he's on trial for.

And now Pratt has set up a scenario that can only fail. Victor is on trial for KIDNAPPING. This is no small matter. He can't really be convicted - since he can't go to jail for life - so the audience is cheated again.

Pratt needed to let Victor get away legally but not morally. Have him cover his tracks. Make him a TRUE villain. And let Jack have the moral victory.

Now they have a trial that MUST fail.

Why does this hack keep writing himself into corners? Oh I know. Because he loves to pull crap out of ass to "fix" things in the most idiotic, insulting way possible.

• Love 10

Arrives in Genoa City with wife Julia, who won’t last long. It’s the first of his 14 marriages.

Shade.

My God almighty, the behavior of Victor’s kids over the years has been outrageous! Remember when they each sued him for $500 million? Imagine that! And he still talks to them.

Prictor is such a swell guy for continuing to talk to his kids after the heinous, vile, and shocking things they done to him.

• Love 8

Nighttime TV is a joke? So...if Game of Thrones or The Good Wife or any prime time show offered him a role, he'd say, "Fuck that noise. Y&R is where it's at."?

Doing film is a cinch? Yeah, I can see how his 15 seconds in Titanic may have been like a vacation for him (although it still probably took weeks to film that 15 seconds), but I'm guessing Leo and Kate wouldn't say that was a cinch.

He really does live in a bubble, doesn't he? I'd wager that he can't do prime time or film because nobody else would put up with his shit.

• Love 10

Prictor is such a swell guy for continuing to talk to his kids after the heinous, vile, and shocking things they done to him.

Yes, I see it quite opposite to the way EB sees it.  I cannot understand why any of his children/grandchildren would ever have anything to do with him.  He has committed multiple egregious acts against them personally and to their children or their spouses/partners.

Pricktor is the Donald Drumpf of this show.  Donald's children would never speak against him.

• Love 13
(edited)

Eric Braeden is stupid. So what if his victims have committed other crimes? That has nothing to do with what he's on trial for.

There was recently a horrific case of a patrol cop in OK who was raping mostly poor women of color who he had pulled over on some pretext or actually arrested. He knew most of them had records and some were still, for example, on drugs or working the street. He figured no one would believe them if they complained, because of their race or because they were already legally "tainted". Eventually he did this to a church-going elderly grandmother--presumably because she was Black and he figured she therefore had to have some dirt on her too. He was wrong and now he's in prison for what would amount to several lifetimes. Wonder if EB would've defended that monster? AFAIC, he needs to STFU and try to grasp the reality that a) Victor is a fictional character, and b) he's not Victor. That is unless he wants people to start believing that he's an evil monster too, in which case, carry on.

Geez, IMO either he's trolling us hard or he's quite the dickheaded piece of work and proud of it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12

ck posted a pic of her character (retweeted by yrinsider twitter) and nick and said "what do you think".

i replied no thanks.

i don't think much of the actress, never have.

i liked the "other" lily a whole lot more.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow. That interview article was something else. It's beyond clear that EB not only identifies with his onscreen persona, he believes he IS Victor Newman.

There is indeed something about this that resonates with me. I lost my father when I was 12 and our family was destitute. I left everything behind in Germany when I was 18 and came to this country. I very much identify with Victor’s sense of having been left alone and his need to fend for himself. It is such a primal hurt, and that makes you build up your defenses. You know, there was a time early in my run at Y&R when I didn’t think I could do it anymore. I had played so many bad guys in guest star roles in nighttime television and here I was doing it again with Victor. It had become dehumanizing. I was empty. I went to [creator-exec producer] Bill Bell and told him how I was feeling and asked if he could write some sort of background story that explained why Victor is the way he is. And Bill came up with the orphanage story. It opened up the floodgates.

And this

As far as I’m concerned, Victor should dismiss Nikki. It’s over. Done! Are you kidding me? She is persona non grata. I would never tolerate a wife who spoke out against me, and neither should he. The same with his children. He should disown them. Bingo! Bye!

That's absolutely stunning. God, I'd hate to be his wife, Dale. What she must have had to put up with for the past sixtyeleven million years. I guess the "security"( wink wink) must have "been enough".  It's no small wonder that they just had the one kid. Personally, I'd have had my tubes tied. Before I found some excuse to be swept up in the WitSec Program.

Seriously, I'm now wondering whether this is just shit he says in every interview in which he's being asked about the most recent heinous behaviors of his alter ego or whether he truly believes what he's saying. Can he really mean what he's saying? Is he fucking punking everyone or what?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9
(edited)

Yup. EB is an unabashed asshole. I cannot imagine the power he wields on that set.

It amazes me. For being a total pig, he is rewarded with constant story and his character playing out whatever the fuck he wants and always a hero.

PB - a respected, kind man, by all accounts - on the other hand is written as the perennial loser/punching bag. Figuratively and literally.

EB would never let Victor be written as "weak". I remember last year when someone tweeted that Phyllis should have slapped him for what he did (when she confronted him at the GCAC). He tweeted back: if she had tried it he would have smacked her (I'm paraphrasing but he would have HIT her).

The man is a disgrace.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14

well, i know it wouldn't do any good, but i filled out the cbs feedback form again anyway and asked yr/cbs WHY they would allow eb to re-write his script if he didn't like what was on it when others are told they would be fired if they didn't play out what was written.

i also complained about the misogyny so prevalent on show lately.

plus many other things bugging me.

felt better after my rant.

• Love 9

well, i know it wouldn't do any good, but i filled out the cbs feedback form again anyway and asked yr/cbs WHY they would allow eb to re-write his script if he didn't like what was on it when others are told they would be fired if they didn't play out what was written.

i also complained about the misogyny so prevalent on show lately.

plus many other things bugging me.

felt better after my rant.

I, too, sent in my 1,000th complaint, but I don't think they even read them.  They either don't care what the fans think, or they don't intend to do anything to correct EB, JFP or Pratt.  I have been done with this show for so long now, but I'm glad I hung in with the recording, just in order to capture that show where everyone dumped on the old pisser.  I will watch it occasionally to remember the one good show in the last 3 years. Cheers, Preverts.

• Love 9

Looong time lurker (back to TWOP), first time poster.  I just had to comment on the Eric Braeden TV Insider article.  He's just disgusting.  I commented a slight criticism on another site (cough *MFairman* cough) and they refused to print my comment.  I've been commenting on that sight since its inception and is the only site I participate in.  I just love reading all you Preverts insightful comments, so I hope you'll welcome me to your community.  Thank you.

• Love 15

Looong time lurker (back to TWOP), first time poster. I just had to comment on the Eric Braeden TV Insider article. He's just disgusting. I commented a slight criticism on another site (cough *MFairman* cough) and they refused to print my comment. I've been commenting on that sight since its inception and is the only site I participate in. I just love reading all you Preverts insightful comments, so I hope you'll welcome me to your community. Thank you.

Welcome!!! Post often!!!

It's a hell of a group here. Smart, respectful of each other and funny!!

• Love 12

Welcome!!! Post often!!!

It's a hell of a group here. Smart, respectful of each other and funny!!

It sure is! I'm writing an imaginary novel with the Preverts as main characters. Chapter 1 explores the torrid love affair between movinon and boes. The working title is 50 Shades of Grey Goose.

Welcome MBmomof3, and Happy Weekend everybody!

• Love 16

Looong time lurker (back to TWOP), first time poster.  I just had to comment on the Eric Braeden TV Insider article.  He's just disgusting.  I commented a slight criticism on another site (cough *MFairman* cough) and they refused to print my comment.  I've been commenting on that sight since its inception and is the only site I participate in.  I just love reading all you Preverts insightful comments, so I hope you'll welcome me to your community.  Thank you.

Welcome to the best board I've come across since I've been using a PC.  The mods here are great, and the snark can't be beat.  Just because I don't post often, does not mean that I don't read, and cry in my vodka on a daily basis.  I hope you post often, since so many of us are in the midst of a pity party, and aren't really watching.  Looking forward to reading your posts.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Snaporaz

It sure is! I'm writing an imaginary novel with the Preverts as main characters. Chapter 1 explores the torrid love affair between movinon and boes. The working title is 50 Shades of Grey Goose.

Snap, you are beyond unbelievable - your posts crack me up and this one is priceless.  While I love boes dearly, I do not intend to fight an entire hoard of women who love him just as much as I do.  AND --- I love that title.  Rave on, Sweetie.

Edited - you know, because of spelling

Edited by movinon
  • Love 12

Welcome MBmomof3, and Happy Weekend everybody!

God I love you guys!

• Love 6
(edited)

Wow, I didn't realize Thad Luckinbill was one of the producers of Sicario. That was a great movie. It was the first time in recent memory that I walked out of the theater in a daze. Wonder if he and AH went to the Oscars last year since the movie got several nominations?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

He was making boku bucks producing and too busy with that to consider acting seriously. I'm surprised he even took a full time gig. Must really like the role or wanna do it while he's still young looking since he can produce into his 70's.

I've always been kind of surprised Thad hasn't done more t.v. work. I guess he was hampered by looking so much younger than his real age for a long time, and now he can finally play guys that are 40 like he is?

I love, love, loved him as J.T. on this show, particularly with Lyndsy Fonseca, back before they killed off John Abbott,  The writing was much better and the stories were worth watching.  He did look young for his age and he will appreciate that, eventually.  

• Love 2

Another poster on the Getting to Genoa thread posted the same thing a little over a week ago. I asked the same question and asked where the rumor was originating from and whether this person might have an "in" in the business. Actually, this doesn't thrill me much. I don't mind KS or the character. I know I'm in a small minority, but I don't even hate her with Nick, who actually seems to have grown a bit of a spine. I don't care one way or the other who they paired (or pair) KS with, because I'm just not into any of these couples, and that includes Sharon and Nick who have done nothing for me in the past and continue to do nothing for me except bore and disgust me. Nick's been a POS with Sharon on a serial basis, so why should I want them back together? I'm not a fan of Sharon with Dylan, nor am I fan of Chelsea with Adam, and never have been or ever will be, so it isn't like I'm rooting for one pairing over another. I just don't see any upside in booting KS off the show. Frankly, I'd rather watch her over MCE any day of the week. And what the hell are they going to do with Sully when it's known that he isn't Sharon's or Dylan's kid? The only way they could make this work out would be for Sage to be killed. And I find that particularly distasteful, especially if it meant that Nick and Sharon get back together to raise this baby, which is especially unpalatable, since the kid's not even Nick's (if we're to believe Adam is the baby's father), but if it served to break Shick up yet again, I'm onboard.

• Love 3