Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

That's two down. Wonder if JT is sweating more now or if he feels like SB took the last FOJ bullet?

remember when JFP shoved this guy down our throats

Yep, and it was pretty bad but IMO not as bad as what she did with JT. At least Dylan wasn't defiling any iconic sets.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Ah Dylan. I guess SBu wanted to branch out and embark on new adventures. The character didn't offend me, but I certainly won't pine for the actor. It's not like he could act rings around the rest of the cast. Dylan has roots in Genoa City via Paul and Nikki, so I wonder if they'll recast? 

Maybe he Pledged to JFP he wouldn't varnish until she did. They can wax nostalgic for GH and table any discussion of the Y&R as they picture MY getting a good shellacking.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That's two down. Wonder if JT is sweating more now or if he feels like SB took the last FOJ bullet?

Yep, and it was pretty bad but IMO not as bad as what she did with JT. At least Dylan wasn't defiling any iconic sets.

Oh, yes, completely agree. This is why I'm hoping JT is sent packing. I'm sure he is waaaay overpaid. And we can't be the only ones who see he is a fail as B.A.

25 minutes ago, Gloriole33 said:

Ninja, I stand petrified in the shade of your awesomeness.  Please be my bud.  I can't leave you!

@NinjaPenguins is a straight up genius.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Didn't expect him to stick around without JFP.

I agree. At least not for long. He probably was told that that generous commuting bonus from Tennessee to LA was not going to be a part any new negotiated contract and he opted to leave. That was something that JFP (and apparently he as well) were sensitive to because they both denied it, but reporters insisted it was true (and I believe them because when they were trying to recast for Adam the casting call was specific about requiring a "local" non-commuter, i.e., no East Coast or far-flung actors requiring special accommodation and "no accents'). From the sound of things, it appears that AMcD (CBS) is cleaning house of all ABC network refugees, especially those who were handpicked by JFP and shared a "close personal relationship". Dare I hope that JT will be following his former co-worker at GH out the door? I wouldn't be aggrieved to bid adieu to the likes of MCE and EH either. Buh bye.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 10

wish they would drop kick hhk while they are cleaning house..

they could kill dummer off so that filthy phyl would know how it feels to lose a child.  maybe then she would be a little bit empathetic to others when they do or already have.

• Love 8

Y&R is seeking an Indian/South Asian actor in his mid-to-late 20s to play the role of Ravi, a super-intelligent, creative engineer who is an “attractive nerd”

Otherwise  known as Natalie 2.0? I wonder if he'll have an eye for Kevin.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I wouldn't be aggrieved to bid adieu to the likes of MCE and EH either.

Have you noticed how lame ass Chelsea is now that Adam is gone? I mean I never cared for MCE but she gained a LOT from JH's Adam. Chick is a joke. Badly written and chemistry-free.

Ever since JH was on hold with his pilot, Chadam has been in stasis. She doesn't have much story and she never had real ties to the canvas -- despite birthing an Abbott and a Newman.

If she left tomorrow I wouldn't notice.

• Love 15

Not surprised to see SBu leave.  With JFP and Pratt gone, there was nobody there to kiss his ass, tell him he's the best ever, and generally ensure he'd get plentiful screen time.  This is why he left GH, too.  Guza was gone, JFP was gone, and the new regime wasn't going to do the same shit they had been doing for him (like going way over his guarantees pretty much every week).  I'm pretty sure he's got a nice little stockpile of money, from the amount he raked in at GH over the years and his outside stuff (juice pyramid scam and I believe he has some bars or restaurants with one or two other former GH actors).  So he'll take a role on a soap if he's going to be coddled, and as soon as that's not the case, he's ready to check out.  

Now I just hope that nobody at GH starts sniffing around and kissing his ass to get him back there.  I'm relying on your notoriously cheap ass to work for us, Valentini! 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, first they'd have to decide which tree is the most boring tree imaginable. Besides Dylan, I mean. 

They should just plant him head down, feet flopping and see if anybody notices.

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

I agree. At least not for long. He probably was told that that generous commuting bonus from Tennessee to LA was not going to be a part any new negotiated contract and he opted to leave. That was something that JFP (and apparently he as well) were sensitive to because they both denied it, but reporters insisted it was true (and I believe them because when they were trying to recast for Adam the casting call was specific about requiring a "local" non-commuter, i.e., no East Coast or far-flung actors requiring special accommodation and "no accents').

What Golden Child expects to have a career in television when their primary residence is in Tennessee?

<Shakes head at the astonishing waste of electrons and money> Like going to a bank for a loan -- You go where the money is.  

It is hilarious that SB may have been compensated for travel home in his work contract -- and taxed as income -- when it could have been maneuvered into a business expense, with increased return on his taxes.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

I forgot about her, where did Natalie even go? lol

Kevin was all a-flutter when Chloe returned. HackerChick was upset Kevin wasn't spending time with her, and she was told Chloe was Kevin's true love, The One That Got Away. HackerChick threw in the towel, packed up her annoying self and left.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, miamama said:

Have you noticed how lame ass Chelsea is now that Adam is gone? I mean I never cared for MCE but she gained a LOT from JH's Adam. Chick is a joke. Badly written and chemistry-free.

Ever since JH was on hold with his pilot, Chadam has been in stasis. She doesn't have much story and she never had real ties to the canvas -- despite birthing an Abbott and a Newman.

If she left tomorrow I wouldn't notice.

All Chelsea's done for the last two+ years is wheeze and squawk while Adam lies, claws back, schtupps her on the couch, and avoids doing time for his convictions. Chelsea 2.0 was an afterthought until the old set was utilized to include Chloe, Sharon and Mariah; she still isn't doing much of anything clothing business-related. Chelsea is at the start of a Not A Relationship relationship with Nick, which will make another scenery chewer for Nick to schtupp on a dropcloth.

More boredom served on a cracker from both actors and TIIC. 

• Love 11
On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 8:57 PM, miamama said:

didn't mind Dylan in small doses. So of late he didn't bother me. But if his salary was eating into the show, good riddance.

I remember reading that Burton was the highest paid actor on the show, and a lot of that included that deal regarding paid plane tickets to visit his family every weekend. Not even Eric Braeden, egomaniac that he's become, has such a deal and he's been on the show since the early 80s. But even has forgotten more about acting than Steve Burton ever knew.

• Love 4

Dream cast - if you could get anyone to play a character or create one who would it be?

I'd love it if they hired the disfigured burned actor/veteran from ABC. It was very cool how you got so used to seeing him that he became simply his terrific character, a policeman, a romantic lead. He could tie in to the veteran SL. (Jack's son Keemo?)

Bring back Hardon as Officer Hardon's twin seeking justice or revenge. He's the right age for Sharon or Mop or Mariah (They could super-couple)

of course BM as Billy

• Love 7
3 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Dream cast - if you could get anyone to play a character or create one who would it be?

I'd love it if they hired the disfigured burned actor/veteran from ABC. It was very cool how you got so used to seeing him that he became simply his terrific character, a policeman, a romantic lead. He could tie in to the veteran SL. (Jack's son Keemo?)

Bring back Hardon as Officer Hardon's twin seeking justice or revenge. He's the right age for Sharon or Mop or Mariah (They could super-couple)

of course BM as Billy

jr martinez was his name and yes, he was a terrific actor.

• Love 6

Billy Miller back as Billy definitely.

I'd rather not kill off Dylan but just send him away and he can always come back as a recast. I hated the way they rewrote his origin story a million times but now that he is Paul and Nikki's long lost cult baby I don't want Paul to lose another child. Otherwise he will just be in Patty scenes.

I also wouldn't mind Ronen and Chance coming back, recast or not. We need more leading men who are not related to Newmans or Abbotts.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm for the the recasting, if only so I don't have to see Tightpockets crying and slobbering all over the place for weeks on end like last time.

I agree, UNLESS, of course, Tightpockets Pere has to cut down another offshoot of his in cold sap.  I sorta enjoyed watching him emote with that high pitched whine.  

• Love 5

Gah. Could they have laid it on any thicker? This makes me gag about as much as JT appearing everywhere and with everyone, both onscreen and off. Who the fuck is behind all this anyway? Frankly, I was never that much of a fan for JH's version of Adam anyway, especially since he was written as a pussy whipped, purse-carrying wuss. (And who is it at CBS that keeps thinking that JT's Billy is just going to be slotted into Adam's old spot simply because he suffered radical personality damage and permanent disfigurement after his head was run over by Noah? They might as well dress him in a cape and white mask and have him go haunt some opera house. Maybe since he's moving out of Mommy's house they can create some sort of bilge blue abode in a sewer somewhere). This is not working and neither has MCE (with or without Adam ever) or her so-called best friend ABC refugee (especially HER). Make them go far, far away. If they seriously think JM and MCE are going to light up the screen with all their *awesomeness*, they've got another think coming.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

lol. Giddens floves JT and though Philly was awesome story (at first), so if he's noticing....

He JUST realized this? I love JT, but even I knew they were overdoing it from the jump. He's been on YR less than a year and is promoting the show like he's been there since Day 1. It's stupid.

• Love 5

The sense of entitlement by many (perhaps all) Philly fans on Twitter is breathtaking (there are many multiple accounts there). But then I realize that most of these recent viewers tuned in and got a generic sappy love story with two random people purported to be long-time Y&R characters. They were in every promo, got tons of screen time, over the top sexay time...and their dialogue and behaviour rewrote history at every turn. I remember in particular their little "weekend love getaway" when they ate strawberries and looked at magazines (or something)? Billy said things like: "I want to get to know you. I want to see your bedhead and watch you buy groceries."

What in the actual FUCK????

No one who has watched this show for more than five years could take that scene seriously. And yet these people did.

So they are all like WTF? And they've been quoting Billy and Phyllis (from the past 5 months) and their declarations of their deep love as proof that this writing is now bullshit??????

JFC.

If I quoted Phack or Villy and their declarations and story lines for the past how many ever years and posted them on Twitter, the Internet would break.

So yeah, laugh away. :)

I am.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, miamama said:

If I quoted Phack or Villy and their declarations and story lines for the past how many ever years and posted them on Twitter, the Internet would break.

And this is my thing. I understand liking X over Y. Hell, I don't like any of these couples. But to think Philly's months-long affair could ever compete with Villy or Phack on a historical level? No.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And this is my thing. I understand liking X over Y. Hell, I don't like any of these couples. But to think Philly's months-long affair could ever compete with Villy or Phack on a historical level? No.

Yeah. Now I'm seeing tweets that GT retweeted JT's tweet about the Talk so that means something. HUH?

Shick/Phick was bad. But other than that has Y&R been anywhere near GH levels of ship wars? I really don't think so. I'm so fucking annoyed by it. I used to like the Y&R filter on Twitter. Now all I see are the crazies and their "my ship" "my babies" "OTP"....

Also:

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, miamama said:

Now I'm seeing tweets that GT retweeted JT's tweet about the Talk so that means something. HUH?

Yes. She RT'd it after filming a scene where Philly screw in an elevator. Oh, Gina, you can't fool us!

18 minutes ago, miamama said:

But other than that has Y&R been anywhere near GH levels of ship wars?

No. 

Yes, Angelica, you just happen to open the festivities with JT. Sure. I'm certain it has nothing to do with the fact that you lost JH and SBu and JT is now the main prize.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yes, Angelica, you just happen to open the festivities with JT. Sure. I'm certain it has nothing to do with the fact that you lost JH and SBu and JT is now the main prize.

Yeah, he also, along with GT, did the 11K television press tour and the Price is Right the other day as well as the ET BTS special back when he "first" came on. So this isn't even just about #1for30. If it were it's even more fucking insulting that a man on the show for a mere nine months would be showcased AT ALL when there are multiple cast members who've been on for many of those 30 years and who had a role in making CBS daytime #1. Jason Thompson, no matter what you think of him, has had nothing to do with it.

Why do they think people are stupid? You just can't pull this shit in the age of social media. 

1 minute ago, spinxella said:

Jason Thompson Fatigue Syndrome has set in.

The fact that Angelica McDaniel responded to Jamey's criticism was interesting.

Precisely.

• Love 11

PB/DD/JM/KSJ/LLB/TEB/ED/JW/BJ/EB/GR even MCE and DG and EH were all overlooked for JT. And allowing for scheduling etc. some of those may have been unable to attend but not ALL OF THEM.

It's indefensible.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

@miamama JT was on The Talk today and apparently spoke about Villy. The reaction on Twitter has been.....amusing. Thought you'd get a kick out of that.

I watched The Talk(I never watch) for As the World Turns and Guiding Light, soaps I absolutely loved. I skipped the B and B segment. I did watch the Y and R one but not as excitedly as ATWT and GL. Melody Thomas tried to convince everyone she and Victor were a love story. Jason Thompson seems nice enough, but I don't like him as Billy. He did say he was honored to be on the show or something like that. Christian LeBlanc talked about Michael and Lauren. Christell Khahlil talked about Kevin giving Lily an STD and a fan actually thought CK had it.  They must be a Philly fan too. lol They did have classic clips of Victor and his mother and Kay and Jill fighting. The hosts were dressed like people from 1986 which I thought was dumb. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, spinxella said:

Jason Thompson Fatigue Syndrome has set in.

36 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Is there medicine and/or therapy for this? I think I haz it.

I've had it since the end of January.

I meant to record The Talk today for the Guiding Light stuff, but I got the days mixed up.  I thought it was tomorrow.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Is there medicine and/or therapy for this? I think I haz it.

Yup! It's called the proverbial hook. And I'm not talking about offstage. I want this guy's ass off the show. He's not a fit at Y&R. He was a piss poor choice from the beginning, and it's no wonder. JFP made horrendous casting choices and MY and AMcD should just cut their losses and send him packing. I don't give one drizzlin'  shit if he's the last man alive on the planet, never mind this damn show. I'd build my own convent and cloister myself for life if this is all that remained. 

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 11