Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

Bones - Episode 11.05 - The Resurrection in the Remains (Sleepy Hollow crossover) - Full Set of Promotional Photos

Posted by DarkUFO at Wednesday, October 14, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/bones-sleepy-hollow-crossover-first.html

So - is Ichabod not going to be in this episode? Is he only going to be on the crossover one that's actually the Sleepy Hollow version? Is the crossover just one episode? A 2-parter? Confused.

So - is Ichabod not going to be in this episode? Is he only going to be on the crossover one that's actually the Sleepy Hollow version? Is the crossover just one episode? A 2-parter? Confused.

From what it seems, both sets of main characters are going to appear in both episodes during the crossover.

• Love 1
What’s going to be learned about Jenny this season on Sleepy Hollow? –Bella

We, too, wanted to know more about how Jenny would be woven into Season 3, so we went straight to the source: Lyndie Greenwood. “The writers this year have found a really organic way of bringing her into the fold,” the actress told TVLine, adding that she’s been in every episode this season “so far.” She teased a special moment for the Mills sisters, in Episode 7, that highlights that “it’s not all tension and sadness and all that anymore. We see some good times with them, as well… They’re a good unit, and I think there are quite a few moments the fans can enjoy.”

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Scorpion, Quantico, Major Crimes, Castle, Blindspot, Supergirl and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 18 2015, 3:23 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/10/18/once-upon-a-time-season-5-fall-finale-episode/

I wrote a SHIPPER FOCUSED review of the crossover episode. It focuses only on what happens with the various fandom ships in this episode (Ichabbie, Danabbie, Ichabetsy, Ichatrina, Joeny and Ichoe, my ship name for Ichabod and Zoe Corinth).

http://brownsista.com/preview-next-weeks-episode-of-sleepy-hollow-shipper-edition/

As for the actual crossover, it is painless, not weird or odd and the Bones couple are not seen very much in the episode. It is 100% a Sleepy Hollow episode, focused mainly on the demon of the week, Crane’s nemesis from back in the day.

Edited by Blackhoney
  • Love 2

Re. The ScreenSpy teases in the media thread:

The potential Ichabod/Brennan and Abbie/Booth partnerships sound *so promising*! I'm crossing my fingers hard that this doesn't disappoint!

ETA: Blackhoney, I really appreciate the way you did that review. I'd like to know ahead of time what I need to know to steel myself ship-wise, but I don't actually want to be spoiled for events. That was a great read. And I'm in agreement with you on Jenny and Corbin!

Edited by Miss Dee

As for the actual crossover, it is painless, not weird or odd and the Bones couple are not seen very much in the episode. It is 100% a Sleepy Hollow episode, focused mainly on the demon of the week, Crane’s nemesis from back in the day.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Question: I love Sleepy Hollow‘s Jenny and Joe working together. What do you have on that front? –JoAnna

Ausiello: Series newbie Zach Appleman tells us that one of the “most fun” things he’s gotten to do so far is a top-secret scene in Episode 7 in which “we both got to use our martial-arts training.” And how about a vague-but-intriguing one-word tease about the midseason finale, courtesy of Greenwood: “Help!” she cries.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Supernatural, X-Files, Empire, Grimm, Once, Gotham, Switched at Birth, Flash and More

By Michael Ausiello / October 22 2015, 1:26 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/10/22/once-upon-a-time-the-devil-season-5-spoilers/

Edited by tv echo

Re. The ScreenSpy teases in the media thread:

The potential Ichabod/Brennan and Abbie/Booth partnerships sound *so promising*! I'm crossing my fingers hard that this doesn't disappoint!

ETA: Blackhoney, I really appreciate the way you did that review. I'd like to know ahead of time what I need to know to steel myself ship-wise, but I don't actually want to be spoiled for events. That was a great read. And I'm in agreement with you on Jenny and Corbin!

Someone hated my review so much they contacted Fox and asked them to request I remove it because it may keep people from watching. That shit is still there. And a big middle finger to the disgruntled Ichabbie fan(s) who thought Fox could tell me what to do.  

How do Booth and Brennan not recognize the name Ichabod Crane during the Bones and Sleepy Hollow crossover? — TJ

Basically, the show sets aside Washington Irving’s short story, so they’re unaware of a fictional character named Ichabod Crane in the first place. However, Crane does still raise suspicions during the two-parter. “There’s a moment where Crane is nearly busted,” Tom Mison teases. “It’s one of those nice moments where he has to talk himself out of it. I was wondering, ‘Is it really obvious that I’m lying?’ Then I thought I quite like that the more Ichabod is here, the worse he gets at being a spy and covering his ass, but he manages to cover his ass.”

I will take anything on the Bones and Sleepy Hollow crossover. — Hall

For those Abbie and Crane ‘shippers, the duo being around Booth and Brennan could be a good thing. “Maybe Crane and Abbie see us and say, ‘Wow the possibilities could be endless,’ ” David Boreanaz says. ” ‘I ended up marrying my partner. I ended up having children with my partner.’ ” But don’t expect that any time soon since Crane makes a move on his new love interest during the crossover.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on The Flash, Walking Dead, Castle and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted October 23 2015 — 2:08 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/23/spoiler-room-flash-walking-dead-castle-spoilers

Oh, holy cow. It just hit me. She's some kind of demon, she's sumerian, she was in the garden before the fall, God is not her father - I think Pandora is Lilith or one of her children.

• Love 1

And she does have the yellow snake eyes with the markings (scales?) on her face. The Serpent in the Garden? When she was talking to Abbie in the hospital, she said Abbie was the strongest of all of them. (???)

Edited by DJG1122

I wrote a SHIPPER FOCUSED review of the crossover episode. It focuses only on what happens with the various fandom ships in this episode (Ichabbie, Danabbie, Ichabetsy, Ichatrina, Joeny and Ichoe, my ship name for Ichabod and Zoe Corinth).

http://brownsista.com/preview-next-weeks-episode-of-sleepy-hollow-shipper-edition/

That was a fun read - especially since I read Ichoe as Ichahoe. Sorry not sorry.

I keep saying, Ichabod was pulled through time for Abbie. She's a descendant of Grace, so there's something extra special about these two witnesses. And the Destroyers thing, I think it's actually gonna turn out to be something righteous, like a Magi, or warriors for God. Destroyers of Evil, heh.

And I thought that 'strongest of all' line was in reference to Abbie and the Scoobie gang, that she was the strongest of their current crew and not the strongest witness of many. I could definitely be wrong though.

• Love 1

'Sleepy Hollow' Promotes Jessica Camacho to Series Regular (Exclusive)
OCTOBER 27, 2015 9:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sleepy-hollow-promotes-jessica-camacho-834757

The actress made her series debut earlier this month as Sophie Foster. The character is a mysterious, sexy and highly intelligence rogue player in the world of high-end artifacts trading who plans on challenging Jenny (Lyndie Greenwood) and Joe (Zach Appelman) in their quest for the Shard of Anubis, a mystical artifact and this season's oly Grail.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.08 - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Press Release
Posted by Nirat Anop at Tuesday, October 27, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/sleepy-hollow-episode-308-novus-ordo.html

THE HIDDEN ONE ARRIVES ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19, ON FOX
In the aftermath of Jenny and Joe's run-in with Sophie, Abbie is in deep water with Reynolds. Meanwhile, the Witnesses deal with lasting implications of the shard and find themselves in grave danger as they come face-to-face with a greater evil than they could have imagined. Tune in to the all-new "Novus Ordo Seclorum" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Thursday, Nov. 19 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-308) (TV-14 L, V)
Edited by tv echo

Okay, putting it out there:

That Shard of Anubis has some red gem in it, which absorbed into Jenny's skin. The final scene of episode 6, has her waking up from a nightmare. M. Raven Metzner mentioned at a comic con that "someone would be switching sides". Jenny's the one who's going to switch sides, due to that red gem.

Pandora went into the tree, like a gateway to something. Based on promo photos of episode 7, she basically created a doorway into a realm so she could retrieve someone. Not something - someone. That someone, is "The Hidden One" played by Peter Mensah. He's the Big Bad for the second half of the season.

• Love 2

After tonight's episode and this article:

http://tvline.com/2015/11/19/sleepy-hollow-abbie-dies-nicole-beharie-season-4/

I'm convinced that Ichabod will have to get Pandora's box and do things to it in order to grow a new tree to go and get Abbie back from where she's stuck. This is going to be his "redrawing the map" event - for Abbie.

*happy dances all over the place in her head since her foot is still broken*

He's going to be desperate. He is SO in love with her.

I'm very happy right now.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

Ok so in  this interview:http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/sleepy-hollow-abbie-dead-sacrifice-midseason-finale-1201645194/

there is this snippet.

You’ve got an iconic character like Pandora and Pandora’s Box and all we think about when we think about that, and mix that up with a marriage that is 4000 years old and restoring before our very eyes…Fans are really gonna love seeing how their origin, and how the origin of the Witnesses and the roles all four of them have been playing throughout the years are really going to come into shape. What I’m most excited about is seeing how the Witnesses are redefined in the back half and what that means for our characters.

which makes me wonder.... One way to get around having an Abbie sized hole in the show but not having Abbie immediately come back and yet not risk her being separated from Ichabod too long is to show 'flashbacks' of other incarnations of Abbie/Ichabod through time as they are Witnesses. 

There was some early interview or such where the showrunners told us that this season we'd learn more about why they are Witnesses.  So going on a journey with them into past lives would be very interesting.  It opens up opportunities for Ichabod and Abby to interact with each other in different ways depending on their relationship.  And in the present we'd see Ichabod working to get Abby back.

In the meantime, I read some speculation where this might be setting up an Orpheus & Eurydice situation in the present where Ichabod will go and get Abby back from this dangerous place himself.

In this snippet:

This loss is not like any of the other losses in his life – Katrina, his son, any of the loss of his family will pale in comparison to the devastation, and therefore the recklessness, that we see Crane come back with. It reframes him in a very unique and interesting way.

Make me wonder if Ichabod will be doing some really reckless stuff to get her back.  In the Orpheus tale, he basically made the entire world pay attention to his grief .  Pandora often calls the Witnesses 'The Destroyers' so I am wondering is this going to come into play somehow.  It seems to me that Ichabod needs to rebuild that tree.  The only way he can do that is by using Pandy's box, which as we saw she let loose terrible things on the world in order to accomplish that.  Would Ichabod go so far?

• Love 3

This loss is not like any of the other losses in his life – Katrina, his son, any of the loss of his family will pale in comparison to the devastation, and therefore the recklessness, that we see Crane come back with. It reframes him in a very unique and interesting way.

Katrina he never really "knew" since there was always deceit of some form involved with her from the start; Henry he did not even know about until he already landed in the present day. 

Abbie he "knows:.

• Love 1

Why do people assume Ichabod is going to be looking for Abbie when the show returns? She wasn't left is Purgatory. She didn't just walk away with the possibility of ending up some place else. She essentially had a bomb in her hand, walked inside the tree and it exploded. Ichabod and the gang in my opinion will naturally assume she is dead, not that she's been sent to another realm. I think the show will return with a minor time jump in which Ichabod, Jenny, Joe, everyone, believes Abbie was killed and have moved on with their lives. Not in the sense that they don't care, only that they aren't looking for her, but rather mourning her and wondering how they will carry on without her. I also don't think Abbie will be in the first episode when it returns.

Edited by Blackhoney

I don't think she will be either - except as a cliffhanger ending that she's still alive.

I think that the team will initially believe she's gone - but then something will happen to inform them that she's still alive and can be rescued and THAT's when Ichabod will do whatever he does, crossing lines and being desperate, etc.

The articles from C&C and Co pretty much express this... at least imo they do.

• Love 1

Sleepy Hollow writers are so bad. Time and time again we expect greatness from them only to be let down. Whereas great writers would indeed write an emotional storyline of a tortured Ichabod desperately trying to retrieve his friend, partner and soul mate, I believe these dumb writers will do just the opposite. I predict Zoe will be brought in the comfort Ichabod. I also believe in Abbie's absence we will get more Betsy. She's coming into the present, and I think she'll show up with Abbie stuck in Treeville or wherever the hell she's been sent. The relationship between the Witnesses has not been cultivated all season long. I don't see that changing when it returns in February.

• Love 1

While I can't say that I completly trust the writers just yet, I don't think we'll see Betsy or Zoe as Abbie replacements in the future. Neither were in the last 2 episodes, which I believe were shot after Season 3 started. I think TPTB may hear what the fans are saying, and may be listening. My speculation is also based on questions from the most recent Project Fox survey.

• Love 1

I don't know about Betsy. I don't think they're are done with her storyline, but seeing how the character predictably didn't work, her screentime might be reduced or massively rewritten. However, Zoe is coming back and possibly big time, since the actress recently got her own personalized chair and is still filming. Whatever. That's fine with me, because, boring as she is, I think she's the best fit for Ichy. I would have preferred no love interests for him, but since the show is so convinced he's such a stud (LOL), that they feel compelled to throw women at him, I admit they have found his twin in Zoe, both in looks and personality.

I hope Campbell is just baiting the fans, as usual, with the Ichy losing his mind nonsense. He has already done all of that. He has already crossed unforgivable lines for Henry and Katrina and I'm sure he'll never come close to do anything like that for Abbie and the truth is that I don't want him to, because I don't want to see the same thing again and again, because Ichy's shallow manpain leaves me cold, but most importantly, he hasn't earned it.

I think Jenny would be the better character to do the impossible to bring Abbie back. I'd like to see her focused on that mission and hopefully see as little whining as possible. I'd rather see the emotional scenes, once Abbie is back. Even a whole episode about that would be boring, so I hope they spend quality time with Abbie surviving and learning in the underworld.

I don't know about Betsy. I don't think they're are done with her storyline, but seeing how the character predictably didn't work, her screentime might be reduced or massively rewritten. However, Zoe is coming back and possibly big time, since the actress recently got her own personalized chair and is still filming. Whatever. That's fine with me, because, boring as she is, I think she's the best fit for Ichy. I would have preferred no love interests for him, but since the show is so convinced he's such a stud (LOL), that they feel compelled to throw women at him, I admit they have found his twin in Zoe, both in looks and personality.

Zoe Corinth probably hasn't gotten a total of 20 minutes of screen time all season. I don't see how anyone can consider her Crane's twin in personality, and by look, I can only assume you mean color because other than that they share no similarities. Zoe doesn't dress like Crane. She isn't obsessed with the colonial lifestyle. Caroline got even less screen time but we learned plenty about her and if anyone was most similar to him it was definitely Caroline. I don't begrudge you your opinion, but I do think its rather weak.

Edited by Blackhoney
  • Love 1

I think it it's possible that the gang will work off the assumption that Abbie is alive from the very start. They saw Pandora go into the tree and she came out.

The again, these writers would try to milk the angst all they can by having "Abbie" be dead and then later reveal that she isn't.

Argh, I have no idea.

I just hope the separation doesn't last long. I also hope getting Abbie out of the tree doesn't involve a witch.

• Love 1

Oh, Abbie's alive for sure. 100%. When Jenny absorbed the shard, she had powers. Abbie's holding the shard. Whose to say she herself won't absorb it, and become powerful (a goddess maybe?) and be able to survive wherever the hell (in hell?)  she is? I have a twisted crazy theory that I'm working on to put in the speculation thread. But yeah, Crane's gonna move heaven and earth, commit some crimes maybe (or do some seriously shady things) to get his Lieutenant back.

I hope not. I have no interest in seeing any of the 'good' team going bad ala Irving last season.

I always thought they were referring to Jenny and the whole Shard situation when saying someone would switch sides. She switched sides for a minute there, not willingly of course. The writers always like to do word play with such things.

That said, it's hard to imagine Abbie going in that tree and nothing having changed when she comes out. Though a change could entail a number of things, none of which has to be Abbie changing sides.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

Metzner said someone will switch sides at Comic Con. Anyone think Abbie may come back CHANGED? Acting strange, possibly? Doing things and behaving in a way Abbie usually wouldn't?

I've been thinking about this, actually. Initially, I thought it would be Jenny with the shard in her, being the side-switcher. Then I decided, no the side-switcher is Sophie. She was originally on the "bad' side, working with Nevins, but "switched" sides by actually being an FBI agent. But that really isn't switching sides, since she was always working for the "good side" - aka the FBI.

Because to me, switching sides implies a deliberate action. Being forced isn't switching sides. It has to be a choice by the individual.

Now I didn't see the interview, so wasn't sure how much Metzner focused on the side switching, or if it was them just playing with the audience. If it's not Sophie, then Abbie's a pretty strong guess. I don't see it being Crane, simply because just because he's gonna do some bad things to get Abbie, he is still thinking of her, and of the greater good, so that's not really him switching sides. However, Crane's always been a paragon of virtue, so him being a baddie is a very diffferent change. Unless Crane is forced to change, to save Abbie. But as I said, it's not a choice.

I could also see it being Pandora - she goes against Imhotep, and ends up saving Abbie herself.

4-1 odds Pandora

5-1 odds Abbie

10-1 odds Crane.

15-1 odds it was Sophie

3/2 odds Metzner was just messing with us.

• Love 1

Metzner said someone will switch sides at Comic Con. Anyone think Abbie may come back CHANGED? Acting strange, possibly? Doing things and behaving in a way Abbie usually wouldn't?

CC revealed in an article today on tvline that the person to "switch sides" and the "diamond in the rough" was Sophie.

Abbie's still the "asset" though...

4-1 odds Pandora

5-1 odds Abbie

10-1 odds Crane.

15-1 odds it was Sophie

3/2 odds Metzner was just messing with us.

Ah, just read this. Good job, Enero - you were right! And my odds were crap! Ha. Sophie's the turncoat and diamond in the rough. Very interesting.....I wonder if the "eyes" on Sophie were Abbie and the others, but then how would the boss know that? Only Reynolds would.

Just ignore my previous posts!

CC revealed in an article today on tvline that the person to "switch sides" and the "diamond in the rough" was Sophie.Abbie's still the "asset" though...

Really? Well that's interesting. We all went back and forth on the 'diamond in the rough' comment when it was made. Most assumed it was Abbie. So if Sophie is the 'diamond in the rough' could there be more to her story? She's obviously in the dark about the Witnesses and the supernatural stuff and probably the 'asset' stuff too. So maybe the writers just threw that line out there to get us thinking outside the box, because at that point we didn't know about Sophie being FBI.

I'm really intrigued by the 'asset' bit. Many of us are assuming someone is wanting to recruit Abbie for some type of investigative team that is potentially trying to do good things, but it could very well be the opposite.

Edited by Enero

I think the show assumed we would assume that convo was about Abbie so we'd be shocked when Sophie switched sides. I felt that she was about to announce herself as an FBI agent about a split second before she turned her gun on Nevins - but other than that intuition, I totally missed it.

The asset thing is interesting... and I really hope it's a good story.

I'm just intrigued by all of the little mysteries of this show. I love that they've brought that in. One thing that Goffman sucked at was actually building and foreshadowing. That didn't really happen in S1 and it never happened in S2. There were no real hints, clues or foreshadowing about Henry being Jeremy, or even Abraham being Headless. That was accomplished via flashbacks. Different style of writing.

Now, these writers are using flashbacks AND foreshadowing and mirroring and parallels... like I said - it's another level of writing. The show still has to find its batshit crazy pulse/pace again - but other than that... eh.

I think part of what made S1A so magical was the "discovery" of it all - and the only way to recreate that is to break the old mythology and build a brand new one, or expand it, which is what C&C have done. It does genericize the show a bit, but I think it's improving.

I do wish the show had a POW moment it was building up to though. One thing I liked about S1 was how the Apocalypse seemed tied to Abbie because Moloch was hunting her due to her destiny. Where they went wrong in S1B was making the Horseman related directly to Ichabod. And then giving Headless a head... and bringing Katrina out of Purgatory, when they should have killed her off. I think that they should have let Katrina die in the S1 finale, and then that would fuel Abraham's rage (no need to give him a head) and relentless fury. And then they should have made Henry not be the Horseman - but someone else on the show that we knew of - like an evil mayor or something or someone ELSE from the past (a former American hero turned bad?), but not anyone personally related to Ichabod. You'd still get the POW moment that Abbie and Jenny saw Moloch raising the horseman which is why their memory was wiped, but you'd avoid the CFD that tanked S2 and ultimately the show.

The question is, do C&C have a POW - I did not see that coming - moment for us? Without destroying the show or backing it into a Goffman corner?

They are trying to tie the arc directly to the witnesses. It sounds like the witnesses have encountered Pandora and her hubby through time and we might get to see glimpses of those past lives. Whether they will be "witnesses" in different bodies a la slayers in the Buffy tv series or will be recognizable as themselves like Buffy the movie remains to be seen.

• Love 2

Yeah - but I guess that's not really the POW I was hoping for, lol. I mean we have wanted to know more about them as witnesses... but still... that's more, "oh interesting" and not "OMGosh! I did NOT see that coming!!!"

They are trying to tie the arc directly to the witnesses. It sounds like the witnesses have encountered Pandora and her hubby through time and we might get to see glimpses of those past lives. Whether they will be "witnesses" in different bodies a la slayers in the Buffy tv series or will be recognizable as themselves like Buffy the movie remains to be seen.

This is my theory as I mentioned somewhere, maybe upthread.   if they don't want to bring Abbie back from wherever she is too soon but still keep her and Ichabod in each other's company one way to do that is to show us the Witnesses back through time.  Since CC said in the Variety interview that the Witnesses have been involved in Pandy/Zod's 4,000 year history in one way or another, I can't imagine the show not using that somehow.  Also, the guard in the very first episode said that the people on the Sumerian tablet looked just like Abbie/Ichabod.  I theorize that if we do get to see past lives of the witnesses, they will be Beharie/Mison but as forerunners to Abbie/Ichabod.  I mean, wouldn't it be cool for the show to do an ancient Sumerian or Egyptian flashback?  And how more cool that Abbie gets to be involved in a series of flashbacks too?

It appears a lot of things people thought were about Abbie were really about Sophie.

This interview is embarrassing and continues to showcase how STUPID the writers are.

Geez, misdirection? Do the writers really wanna play that game with the few remaining fans the show has?

These people don't have that kind of trust, the last thing they should be doing is trying to fool or trick fans.

http://tvline.com/2015/11/23/sleepy-hollow-who-is-turncoat-sophie-abbie-season-3/

Why do people assume Ichabod is going to be looking for Abbie when the show returns? She wasn't left is Purgatory. She didn't just walk away with the possibility of ending up some place else. She essentially had a bomb in her hand, walked inside the tree and it exploded. Ichabod and the gang in my opinion will naturally assume she is dead, not that she's been sent to another realm. I think the show will return with a minor time jump in which Ichabod, Jenny, Joe, everyone, believes Abbie was killed and have moved on with their lives. Not in the sense that they don't care, only that they aren't looking for her, but rather mourning her and wondering how they will carry on without her. I also don't think Abbie will be in the first episode when it returns.

He has no reason to not look for her.

He loves Abbie in whatever way that is.   Even if they do a time jump, I think we'll see him attempt to find her in some way if unsuccessful. It would be the ultimate character assassination of Ichabod for him to not at least TRY to find a way to find her especially after all the effort they put into re-establishing their connection this season. I think they will show him desperate to find her and that it could be Joe or Jenny who try to convince him to stop because he might be running off the rails. But no, I just don't see Ichabod grieving and not attempting to find out what happened to her.

• Love 3

It appears a lot of things people thought were about Abbie were really about Sophie.

This interview is embarrassing and continues to showcase how STUPID the writers are.

Geez, misdirection? Do the writers really wanna play that game with the few remaining fans the show has?

These people don't have that kind of trust, the last thing they should be doing is trying to fool or trick fans.

http://tvline.com/2015/11/23/sleepy-hollow-who-is-turncoat-sophie-abbie-season-3/

I am laughing so hard. "It was a nice tease" He really thinks he is brilliant, doesn't he?

Seeing as how Abbie is still the "asset", the Sophie revelation didn't come off as a malicious "trick". Just misdirection (which good storytellers use) to make us think they are going one way when they are going the other. Clearly we were supposed to think they were talking about Abbie, so when we find out that it's Sophie and she's undercover, it's a fun twist. I didn't see it coming. And it's nothing against Abbie, so...?

I fail to understand why this would anger people?

Sure - the spoiler was probably overstated a bit and I actually thought Jenny temporarily switching to the dark side was the spoiler, but I'm not mad it was Sophie. And honestly, dropping Sophie into the mix FINALLY gave the Abbie-Daniel dynamic pop a lot more than it had.

Good storytelling as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 9

Just misdirection (which good storytellers use) to make us think they are going one way when they are going the other.

I'm with you, Phoenics.  Are mystery/suspense novels no longer sold at book stores because "Rebecca" was nothing but misdirection. 

• Love 6