Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

Seeing as how Abbie is still the "asset", the Sophie revelation didn't come off as a malicious "trick". Just misdirection (which good storytellers use) to make us think they are going one way when they are going the other. Clearly we were supposed to think they were talking about Abbie, so when we find out that it's Sophie and she's undercover, it's a fun twist. I didn't see it coming. And it's nothing against Abbie, so...?

I love this misdirection. Enero and I were debating which way it went, because it could be intrepreted two ways. Enero was correct though!

We saw earlier how Abbie was thrilled to be in her job, that Reynolds praising her made her happy, that when he offered her task force leader, she was jazzed up. She liked thinking she was "all that" and thinking she was special in a way, or at least advancing the ranks. Abbie was left with the impression that she was the one who was exceptional agent, the FBI Star. Not surprising, since she is talented and rose the ranks quickly, so to speak. The audience thought it too. Now we find out that the agent they are grooming and trusted with undercover work/high level stuff was NOT Abbie. In fact, Reynolds didn't trust her enough to tell her about Sophie (which is fine, IMO - that's FBI undercover work reality). But suddenly Abbie isn't the star anymore. It's Sophie. Sophie is the one they are grooming, not Abbie. On top of that, Abbie has to find out a guy she had a relationship with didn't trust her enough to reveal that (again, FBI reality but it still hits emotionally). Referring to Abbie as "the Asset" makes me believe they are USING her to get what the FBI Director wants. So what is it that the FBI director wants? Not Nevins? He was already caught. Because Reynolds made that phone call after Abbie quit and said "we've lost the asset".

So now, with Abbie being Not-So-Dead, but she has to be rescued somehow, but once she is and resumes her "normal" life, what's the FBI planning to do with her? Why her? These are the questions I'm dying to have answered, so this misdirection is just awesome.

I theorize that if we do get to see past lives of the witnesses, they will be Beharie/Mison but as forerunners to Abbie/Ichabod.  I mean, wouldn't it be cool for the show to do an ancient Sumerian or Egyptian flashback?  And how more cool that Abbie gets to be involved in a series of flashbacks too?

Can I dream for this to happen please! I love this. And they can ensure that the two main actors are involved quite easily. When Abbie's in that other realm, she "time travels" to flashbacks of the various Witnesses doing their thing, maybe even in a relationship. And to be totally crazy, have it be Mison and Beharie who play each flashback role. I've already commented on Mison's Chameleon-like abilities - he'd be able to melt into each role perfectly and look very different (they can't shave the beard though!). They could even have Abbie assuming the role of each female destroyer, knowing she's Abbie and wondering what the heck is going on. It could be a way to explain the whole Witness pairing throughout centuries, to learn what the Destroyers are supposed to do, how it could be like a reincarnation of the pair each time. It keeps Mison/Beharie on screen, but allows the drama of Crane trying to rescue Abbie to be stretched out a bit. It could even be used to reinforce Ichabbie, if the previous incarnations of the Destroyers/Witnesses are actually in a romantic relationship, thus opening Abbie's eyes. Just speculating here - what else am I gonna do for 2+ months!

• Love 3

I love this misdirection. Enero and I were debating which way it went, because it could be intrepreted two ways. Enero was correct though!

We saw earlier how Abbie was thrilled to be in her job, that Reynolds praising her made her happy, that when he offered her task force leader, she was jazzed up. She liked thinking she was "all that" and thinking she was special in a way, or at least advancing the ranks. Abbie was left with the impression that she was the one who was exceptional agent, the FBI Star. Not surprising, since she is talented and rose the ranks quickly, so to speak. The audience thought it too. Now we find out that the agent they are grooming and trusted with undercover work/high level stuff was NOT Abbie. In fact, Reynolds didn't trust her enough to tell her about Sophie (which is fine, IMO - that's FBI undercover work reality). But suddenly Abbie isn't the star anymore. It's Sophie. Sophie is the one they are grooming, not Abbie. On top of that, Abbie has to find out a guy she had a relationship with didn't trust her enough to reveal that (again, FBI reality but it still hits emotionally). Referring to Abbie as "the Asset" makes me believe they are USING her to get what the FBI Director wants. So what is it that the FBI director wants? Not Nevins? He was already caught. Because Reynolds made that phone call after Abbie quit and said "we've lost the asset".

So now, with Abbie being Not-So-Dead, but she has to be rescued somehow, but once she is and resumes her "normal" life, what's the FBI planning to do with her? Why her? These are the questions I'm dying to have answered, so this misdirection is just awesome.

Agree with this - except I actually still think that for the FBI, Abbie is the star. She's not a "diamond in the rough" - she's the "asset they are grooming".

Sophie is the one who seems threatened by Abbie - but I do think Abbie was miffed that Reynolds wasn't being upfront with her, but since she isn't with him, I don't think she's quite that shaken.

And with the way that Sophie was irritated at having to go and track Abbie down as directed by Reynolds, yeah - I think SHE is the one threatened... plus remember how the moment Nevins asked for Abbie, Sophie got mad? She eventually did the right thing, but if she'd done it in the holding cell, Pandora might not have gotten to him first. Sophie's jealousy of Abbie affected her decision making, even if she righted herself later - just too late for Nevins.

But I AM totally interested to find out what they mean by Abbie as an asset... that's big. Although I do wonder if they were recruiting Abbie for something special ONLY because of her witness connection. Ugh - I cannot wait to find out!

Can I dream for this to happen please! I love this. And they can ensure that the two main actors are involved quite easily. When Abbie's in that other realm, she "time travels" to flashbacks of the various Witnesses doing their thing, maybe even in a relationship. And to be totally crazy, have it be Mison and Beharie who play each flashback role. I've already commented on Mison's Chameleon-like abilities - he'd be able to melt into each role perfectly and look very different (they can't shave the beard though!). They could even have Abbie assuming the role of each female destroyer, knowing she's Abbie and wondering what the heck is going on. It could be a way to explain the whole Witness pairing throughout centuries, to learn what the Destroyers are supposed to do, how it could be like a reincarnation of the pair each time. It keeps Mison/Beharie on screen, but allows the drama of Crane trying to rescue Abbie to be stretched out a bit. It could even be used to reinforce Ichabbie, if the previous incarnations of the Destroyers/Witnesses are actually in a romantic relationship, thus opening Abbie's eyes. Just speculating here - what else am I gonna do for 2+ months!

LOL - I was thinking that The Witnesses were reincarnated too, but then Pandora said "lineage", so I dunno... In the Bible though, don't the witnesses come and then go away for a time and then come back? Now I can't remember - need to go back and reread Revelation. I used to know this stuff cold.

• Love 2

Yeah, once we found out that Sophie was undercover, 'diamond in the rough' is clearly a code word for a person undercover.  And since that phrase was uttered roughly fifteen minutes before we found out that Sophie was really FBI, it makes sense we would immediately begin speculating it was her not necessarily Abbie.

I don't think Sophie being praised as a good agent takes anything away from Abbie's shine. 

I do think we are supposed to sill infer that Abbie is important to FBI.  She is after all an asset.  So that begs the question, why is she an asset?  Do the higher ups know who and what Abbie is and is that why Crane is allowed to come and go undeterred?  I think this may be the case and it is Daniel  who has no idea what is really going on. 

Also as to how quickly or not Ichabod or Jenny may be moved to look for Abbie, I think they.. Ichabod especially... might be moved to remember, that witnesses don't die so easily.  I mean, look at him.  And then there is the fact that Abbie survived Purgatory and a Traveller's spell.  So.... I am thinking that they might grieve a little bit but then one or the both of them might look at each other and say... 'Now wait a minute....'

• Love 5
Question: Please share anything you know about Sleepy Hollow and its residents! — Julia

Ausiello: I’ve got intel on a new-old resident who’s going to make his presence known in the new year: Dr. Japeth Leeds, a “handsome, twisted, mysteriously brooding genius” who was Ben Franklin’s biggest competition when it came to alchemy. Leeds eventually turned to the darker arts, which backfired when an experiment turned him into the legendary Jersey Devil (and we’re not talking hockey here).

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The Flash, HTGAWM, Gilmore Girls, Walking Dead, Castle, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

By Michael Ausiello / December 8 2015, 10:35 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2015/12/08/the-flash-season-2-spoilers-iris-romance/

From TVLine's Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites...

SLEEPY HOLLOW
You've been waiting months to find out if Abbie is truly gone and, thanks to a time jump in the supernatural drama, so has Ichabod. "We wanted the midseason finale to resonate, not just with the audience but with our characters in somewhat of real time, so we were all on pins and needles together," says showrunner Clifton Campbell. In Abbie's absence, "Jenny and Joe become much, much closer," the EP adds, and Pandora and The Hidden One try to get back on track after Ab's disappearing act. "It throws a very big wrench in their plans," Campbell says. We know, we know: You're dying to find out if Agent Mills will be back with her fellow Witness anytime in the near future. Of course Campbell wouldn't confirm or deny, saying only, "Things change dramatically once you take one of the key components out of the dynamic between Crane and Abbie. A lot of questions and a lot of need and desire comes to the surface, and it comes together in a very nice way."
RETURN DATE: Friday, Feb. 5 at 8/7c (Fox)

http://tvline.com/gallery/tv-spoilers-2016-season-premieres-photos/#!19/winter-preview-sleepy-hollow/

Happy about Jenny and Joe; they were one of my favorite parts of the fall season.

Not sure what that last part means, but I choose to view the word choices of "need and desire" optimistically for now!

I'll also be happy to see Jenny and Joe being in full blown coupledom. I'm also intrigued by the 'need and desire' comment.

I'm a little nervous though about how long Abbie will be MIA. With there being a time jump on the show I suspect we'll find out pretty quickly what's going on with her, but how much time would have gone by? 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years? I think anything more than a month will need some serious explanation, not only about where Abbie went, but what's up with her job (what will they think of her disappearance) but how Ichabod has been surviving without her not just emotionally, but economically.

Lastly, this could backfire ratings wise. The show is almost surely cancelled and will likely lose more viewers with the move to Fridays. If people tune in and don't see immediate insight into what's up with Abbie, I fear that will be the death nail for the show.

All that said, I'm looking forward to the show's return and will take a wait and see approach to how they'll handle things.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.09 - One Life - Press Release
Posted by DarkUFO at Wednesday, January 13, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-309-one-life.html

**WINTER PREMIERE** - "SLEEPY HOLLOW" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

ICHABOD AND JENNY DEAL WITH THE AFTERMATH OF ABBIE'S DISAPPEARANCE ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, ON FOX

Following Abbie's huge sacrifice, Crane and Jennie find themselves at a loss. In an effort to save Abbie, Crane forms an unlikely partnership and Jenny confronts a former foe. Tune in to the all-new "One Life" winter premiere episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, Feb. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-309) (TV-14 L, V)

• Love 1

An "unlikely partnership"? I'm not really interested in watching Crane form other partnerships. I hope Abbie isn't gone long.If we don't get a fourth season, I'd like to spend most of the time we have left with Crane and Abbie together as a team.

• Love 4

I read that as Crane going to the dark side. Or at least flirting metaphorically with it.

Good one. Just trying to think of who the person would be - especially since I'm assuming it's a baddie we've already met.

I thought the partnership would have been Daniel actually. Because Crane is so wary of him, and so protective of Abbie, that asking for help, or working with him might be considered "unlikely". That was my first thought.

That's a good thought! And takes us right back to: Just how much does the FBI know about all this?

That's what I was wondering - I mean, Abbie has to go to work right? She didn't call in sick, so is essentially missing. Especially an FBI agent, the agency should be quite worried.

Good one. Just trying to think of who the person would be - especially since I'm assuming it's a baddie we've already met.

Well, the little we got seems like such a waste of Bill Irwin - I've been wondering if that character is dead dead or just Sleepy Hollow dead? Because it seems probable he would end up in hell, which is where Abbie went, isn't it?

Edited by Julia

Well, the little we got seems like such a waste of Bill Irwin - I've been wondering if that character is dead dead or just Sleepy Hollow dead? Because it seems probable he would end up in hell, which is where Abbie went, isn't it?

Well, with Bill Irwin - Atticus - we saw blood in the van, but no evidence of a body. So he probably is still around. And it makes sense actually, thinking about it, that Atticus has some "supernatural" dealings, has access to artifacts, so teaming up with him gives Crane that access too.

If he's SH dead, that Abbie would be teaming up with him, not Crane. It may be a new character also, that hasn't been introduced yet. I'm intrigued though.

I think his unlikely partnership will be with Sophie. They've signed the actress on as a regular, and I don't think his run in with her in 3x7 was random or even just to build the tension for the big reveal of her being undercover FBI. I think her and Crane will form some type of partnership to find Abbie. She'll be doing it because it's her job i.e. Danny did tell her to find Abbie, and he'll be doing it to get access to Atticus' stuff in hopes that it will provide some insight on how to get Abbie back. 

• Love 1
Any scoop on Sleepy Hollow‘s Jenny/Joe? —Ramon

“They have a very significant arc in Episode 9 (aka the winter premiere airing Friday, Feb. 5), and their relationship kind of hits some milestones in that one,” teases exec producer Albert Kim, who’s a big fan of the budding couple. “They’ve been like their own little show, and it’s been gratifying to see how much people love them,” he adds. “[Lyndie Greenwood and Zach Appelman] have really natural chemistry together.”

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Scandal, Sleepy Hollow, Castle, The Flash, Once, Supernatural, Grey's, Reign and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 19 2016, 11:18 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2016/01/19/sleepy-hollow-season-3-papa-mills-spoilers/

• Love 1

I think his unlikely partnership will be with Sophie. They've signed the actress on as a regular, and I don't think his run in with her in 3x7 was random or even just to build the tension for the big reveal of her being undercover FBI. I think her and Crane will form some type of partnership to find Abbie. She'll be doing it because it's her job i.e. Danny did tell her to find Abbie, and he'll be doing it to get access to Atticus' stuff in hopes that it will provide some insight on how to get Abbie back. 

I think you are correct. Based on the episode description in "Incident at the Manor." Very interesting and I think could be fun.

I think you are correct. Based on the episode description in "Incident at the Manor." Very interesting and I think could be fun.

Just read the synopsis for this one. I honestly have no interest in a Sophie/Crane partnership. It sounds too much like Abbie again getting displaced for another character. I know it's PPGS.

That said, the Jenny stuff sounds interesting. I think we'll learn that Papa Mills is some how involved with the witnesses stuff since Jenny faces him to get more info on Abbie. Interesting choice of words they used for him too saying he's an old 'foe.'

Also, based on these spoilers, looks like Abbie will be MIA for at least the first couple of episodes when the show returns. I'm not feeling that at all. Hopefully she's not completely off screen and we'll at least get to see where she is and what she's been dealing with.

• Love 1
Also, based on these spoilers, looks like Abbie will be MIA for at least the first couple of episodes when the show returns.

Honestly, to me, since the whole cliffhanger is for people to think Abbie possibly dead, they are not going to reveal any of that before the episode begins. I think we are going to see scenes with Abbie whenever she ended up - (Some supernatural place, or something like Dante's levels of hell, etc). It makes sense (to me) the show will flip between the POV's of both Crane and Abbie, and we get to learn where she really is. So no, not MIA at all.

• Love 3

I hope Goffman has set up some kind of altar to Campbell, because he is succeeding, where Goffman failed: sidelining Abbie completely from the main action for at least two episodes. Well done!

I hope Goffman has set up some kind of altar to Campbell, because he is succeeding, where Goffman failed: sidelining Abbie completely from the main action for at least two episodes. Well done!

He'd have to clear out his Katrina altar to make room for that first.

• Love 2

I think it was a misstep for them to have a "Is Abbie dead?" cliffhanger in a season when so many viewers felt so burned by the sidelining of Abbie the season before. Even though I assume the majority of people have watched enough tv to be reasonably certain that Abbie is not dead, I bet there are a few people who wouldn't put it past this show to off her. Even among the viewers who believe she is alive, there's probably a strong contingent that feel like this is just another way to sideline her, just like they were planning on by keeping her in purgatory with the season 1 cliffhanger. Plus, there's this super long hiatus. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen Abbie and Crane together. I don't think it's the wisest move to come back from that and move to a new night and not put your strongest asset in the forefront, namely Abbie and Crane working together.

I would have much rather have had a cliffhanger where Jenny was the one who was lost and Abbie was going crazy trying to save her sister and Crane was supporting her and being her rock and that opened Abbie up emotionally.

• Love 6

I honestly have no clue what's going to happen, but my memory of what I saw of Season 2 before I gave up (for obvious reasons, I'm not going to rewatch) was that the only time Abbie got any serious play was when she was in hell. I don't know if we can predict that being maybe-dead is going to cut into her screentime.

Someone hit me up on Tumblr asking about 'One Life' and this is what I told them.

You said on Twitter you broke down and watched the episode and that you would give it a solid B-. You also said “Ichabod mourns and Abbie reaches out” and you alluded to the episode inspiring fanfiction writers to craft stories about “hauntings.” Can you possibly give more details? I’m not asking for major spoilers, only something to excite the fandom a bit more.

There really isn’t much else to tell. I think TV Line and others covered everything. It’s a typical Sleepy Hollow episode. Granted, I’ve only seen four of this season’s shows, but it appears to follow the standard SH way of doing things.

We get flashbacks of Ichabod and Betsy, which lead Ichabod to make a decision about the way he’s been handling the absence of the Lieutenant. The most interesting thing will be how the fans react to his decision.

We get a demon of the week Ichabod unleashes accidentally while trying to save Abbie and we get the standard Jenny and Joe side saga/romance.

I found the relationship between Pandora and her husband interesting. It mirrors that of Henry/Moloch. It’s one-sided and I can totally see Pandora knifing his ass in a future episode.

That’s about it. Fans who want Ichabod angst will get that. Fans who wanna know the status of Abbie will get that as well. Those who wanna know if she’s alive should already know the answer to that. She’s the lead, she’s listed in this episode’s credits. Those who wanna know if she’ll be back anytime soon will have to make that determination themselves after they watch the episode.

I actually think the episode is worth watching. At this point all fans can do is wait and see where all this leads. Maybe the absence of Abbie will bring about something great. Maybe her time on the other side of the tree will lead to an amazing storyline for her that doesn’t involve Crane. Lord knows he’s had plenty of storylines that don’t involve her. I think Abbie and Crane not attached at the hip can be beneficial if done correctly. I know fans hate the WAIT and SEE crap the writers are always spewing, but for those of you who are gonna watch anyway, the wait might be worth it. I wanna see what happens on the other side of that damn tree. Abbie’s potential storyline is worth watching. Let’s face it, bringing Abbie back right now is just gonna lead to more of the same dull procedural we’ve seen all season. Let her stay in the tree and have some unique quests while Jenny, Joe, Ichabod and Sophie languish through the whack ass demon of the week stuff.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.10 - Incident At Stone Manor

JENNY TAKES A HUGE RISK TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF ABBIE’S DISAPPEARNACE ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF “SLEEPY HOLLOW” FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, ON FOX

In the quest to save Abbie, Crane and Sophie are forced to battle a supernatural force targeting the citizens of Sleepy Hollow, while Pandora and The Hidden One only grow stronger. Meanwhile, in an effort to find out what truly happened to her sister, Jenny faces an old foe: her father. Can our heroes solve their most personal case yet? Find out in the all-new “Incident At Stone Manor” episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, Feb. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-310) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/fox-upcoming-episode-press-releases_19.html

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.11 - Kindred Spirits - Press Release

ABBIE AND CRANE FACE AN UNEXPECTED BLAST FROM THE PAST ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, ON FOX

As Abbie, Crane and Jenny struggle to find normalcy, The Kindred reemerges as a new threat. While the team attempts to figure out why The Kindred has turned to evil, Crane finds that his romantic encounters with Zoe may have caused long-lasting trouble in the all-new "Kindred Spirits" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-311) (TV-14 L, S, V)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-311-kindred.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So, the first episode after the hiatus definitely has very little Abbie screen time. I'm really trying to remain loyal to this show and be excited for its return, but honestly, I have very little interest in watching the premiere with this news. The synopsis above seems like it could mean the second episode is the same way too. Imo, the show is a pale shadow of what it once was and one of the few positive things it has left is the Crane/Abbie interaction. I just don't understand why they would minimize it so much.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/sleepy-hollow-spoilers-abbie-ichabod/

• Love 2

Hi. First post. Hope I'm doing this right but please let me know if I misstep. I'm cautiously optimistic even if the first ep back is an Abbie lite one in terms of screen time. She is the centre (spending too much time trying to find the right word there: pivotal, the MVP, the heart and soul,it) of the Scooby gang as well as the show they need to show dramatically what her absence means to them all. For eg. For future viewers, with no enforced hiatus imagine watching sequentially without the long break we've had if next ep she was just back. I think the ep will be about her even if she's not there and my hope is when she's back she'll be back with a vengeance.

• Love 2

So, the first episode after the hiatus definitely has very little Abbie screen time. I'm really trying to remain loyal to this show and be excited for its return, but honestly, I have very little interest in watching the premiere with this news. The synopsis above seems like it could mean the second episode is the same way too. Imo, the show is a pale shadow of what it once was and one of the few positive things it has left is the Crane/Abbie interaction. I just don't understand why they would minimize it so much.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/sleepy-hollow-spoilers-abbie-ichabod/

Why would we need Abbie in the episode though? Didn't they cast Abbie 2.0 to replace her, while she's gone? Why would we need to see how Abbie is dealing or what she's experiencing, when there is a much better alternative, like give her the Katrina treatment? I mean, it's not like we've ever seen Crane moping and rescuing someone he lost before, (Oh, wait!). Clearly Crane's feeling about losing her are the most important thing ever. Who cares if he had lost her on purpose for almost a year not long ago? 

Hi. First post. Hope I'm doing this right but please let me know if I misstep. I'm cautiously optimistic even if the first ep back is an Abbie lite one in terms of screen time. She is the centre (spending too much time trying to find the right word there: pivotal, the MVP, the heart and soul,it) of the Scooby gang as well as the show they need to show dramatically what her absence means to them all. For eg. For future viewers, with no enforced hiatus imagine watching sequentially without the long break we've had if next ep she was just back. I think the ep will be about her even if she's not there and my hope is when she's back she'll be back with a vengeance.

I'm cautiously optimistic too. I don't think you have to look any further than the dreaded Katrina to see that someone doesn't have to be alive or present to make Ichabod obsessed or dominate this show ;)

• Love 3

Is she going to get decent screen time or am I going to be subjected to vague glimpses of her?

"One Life" is Abbie light. She appears at the very end, as has been reported by several sites. Fans learn she's alive and well and then the episode ends. I think what will be interesting to see is how the writers handle her absence. If Abbie is off in the tree having a great storyline, then I think fans will take it well. But if she's just missing for entire episodes while the team just moves on, then that's gonna be a problem.

• Love 2

I just got home from ATVfest here in Atlanta, where they screened next Friday's episode. It's very Abbie-centric, reaffirming the partnership between her and Ichabod. By the end, she's back in the fold, though the actors (Greenwood, Appelman, Camacho, and Reed) at the post-screening panel said that Abbie's experiences will definitely take an emotional toll. Still, she was strong and determined and very much the Abbie I adore.

BTW, Nikki Reed also said that when she started, she was concerned about a potential Betsy/Ichabod affair or flirtation, since she didn't want him cheating on Katrina. Apparently the writers told her that their scenes take place before Ichabod's marriage, and Reed said that there are some upcoming scenes that confirm their strong platonic "partnership".  After last night's episode, I was curious whether the writers had originally intended for Betsy Ross's arc to be much bigger, but they'd changed their mind for some reason -- you don't bring on an actor as a series regular only to have her play small, inconsequential scenes in every other episode. Reed said that she has actually filmed many more scenes this season (including maybe four? for 3.09), only to have most of those scenes get edited out of episodes. Huh.

• Love 8

I just got home from ATVfest here in Atlanta, where they screened next Friday's episode. It's very Abbie-centric, reaffirming the partnership between her and Ichabod. By the end, she's back in the fold, though the actors (Greenwood, Appelman, Camacho, and Reed) at the post-screening panel said that Abbie's experiences will definitely take an emotional toll. Still, she was strong and determined and very much the Abbie I adore.

BTW, Nikki Reed also said that when she started, she was concerned about a potential Betsy/Ichabod affair or flirtation, since she didn't want him cheating on Katrina. Apparently the writers told her that their scenes take place before Ichabod's marriage, and Reed said that there are some upcoming scenes that confirm their strong platonic "partnership".  After last night's episode, I was curious whether the writers had originally intended for Betsy Ross's arc to be much bigger, but they'd changed their mind for some reason -- you don't bring on an actor as a series regular only to have her play small, inconsequential scenes in every other episode. Reed said that she has actually filmed many more scenes this season (including maybe four? for 3.09), only to have most of those scenes get edited out of episodes. Huh.

We were right. Ha!  I think they must have originally had a bigger plan for her, saw the enormous backlash and that fans were not warming to her at all, and scrapped the original stuff.  Thank goodness.

I heard she also made some comments in support of Ichabbie on the panel?  Lyndie is catching heat for her "they should stay platonic because that's better, but *I* should get a romance!!!!" comments.  I'm still irritated at her.  Why she felt the need to make those stupid comments knowing how so many fans felt is beyond me... but she's catching all kinds of hell and she deserves it.  SHE should get loving' but Abbie should be what - asexual?  Miss me with that LG.  If it wasn't for us, you'd probably have been killed off last season.

I'm also really glad to hear that Abbie won't just brush off her experiences in hell or wherever she was.  I am now wondering if she went through something during the month that it looked like she was just "asleep", but doesn't remember it right now?  I still feel like something happened  -  her hair is different and her shirt is different when Ichabod visits her...

The plot really does thicken.

• Love 3

Definitely a change in direction from the looks of things.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.13 - Dark Mirror - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at Thursday, February 11, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/sleepy-hollow-episode-313-dark-mirror.html

THE NEW JERSEY DEVIL TARGETS THE TOWN ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" FRIDAY, MARCH 4, ON FOX

As a monster resembling the fabled New Jersey Devil ravages SLEEPY HOLLOW, Crane must draw on his past to find the connection. Meanwhile, Jenny and Joe stumble as they navigate their new relationship and Abbie continues to struggle with the aftermath of her trauma. Don't miss the all-new "Dark Mirror" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, March 4 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-313) (TV-14 L, V)

Yes, that's me, BigEasyGirl.

If you follow me on Twitter, then you know I've seen this week's episode and I love it. It's everything fans want and the episode itself as a whole is really good. My written and audio review here: Sleepy Hollow finally Gives Fans What They've Been Asking For - Brown Sista

It's time for Sleepy Hollow fans, Ichabbie fans and Abbie fans to return. :D

I knew it was you, BH.  And I really enjoyed the review. Even though I've been hopeful about the show, I was worried about some of the same things you were with the return of Zoe and other things for...reasons.  lol   But I'm really excited that the show seems to be following through from last week with an even better show and tangible forward momentum. 

• Love 2

If you follow me on Twitter, then you know I've seen this week's episode and I love it. It's everything fans want and the episode itself as a whole is really good. My written and audio review here: Sleepy Hollow finally Gives Fans What They've Been Asking For - Brown Sista

It's time for Sleepy Hollow fans, Ichabbie fans and Abbie fans to return. :D

Oh, my.

Okay, so I listened to the audio, read the written, and was very, very pleased. Last season's debacle had me viewing every episode this season with a jaundiced eye. I completely agree that "moments" don't add up to truly satisfying episodes. Learning that this is, in fact, a fully realized episode that also respects (finally!) the awesomeness that is Abbie Mills and places her at the center, where she belongs, is so very encouraging!! 

Thank you for the reviews (and for the laughs, hee!) of "Kindred Spirits". Now I can't wait to see it, and I fervently hope I'm not the only one!

That review has me hopeful for Friday's episode. I'm glad to hear that the show will deal with the fallout of Abbie's ordeal. I'm was afraid they would gloss over it like they did the effect of her stay in purgatory. (And I'm sure her trip to the past wasn't great for her psyche either, but that couldn't be dealt with due to the time jump.)

I'm not the shipper I used to be, but I'm still heartened to hear that things on that front seem like they may be coming to a head soon. I'm really tired of Abbie being presented as a work horse, when so much romance happens around her. I still don't understand what the whole lonely meal for one business was all about.

• Love 2