Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

So... to be a little bit crude, this is "shit or get off the pot" time??

Exactly. I think they've finally gotten it through their skulls that if they wanna save this show they're gonna have to bring it. No more needless characters. Take it back to the Witnesses, acknowledge the fans and hope for the best. Kindred Spirits is an absolute step in the right direction.

Here by the way is another episode quote:

"You love me? You never told me that before."

By the way, TVJuriste agrees with my review of the episode.

https://twitter.com/TVJuriste/status/699836805512757248

Capture_4.png

• Love 3

I want Abbie to get everything she wants, but I have to be honest: if this episode ends with her declaring her love for Daniel, or Ichabod proposing to Zoe, or anything like that... well I'm going to feel seriously deflated. LOL.

• Love 1

This might be the first I have ever been excited about the possibility of a love triangle. I'm trying hard to imagine the show continuing to deliver on this though. I'm praying they don't mess this up.

• Love 1

Thanks for the review Blackhoney! I'm excited to see this one!

I honestly have no interest in a love triangle. I've never been crazy about them because usually everyone comes out of it with serious character damage and looking like idiots. So, I'm hoping that if Danny declares his love for Abbie, which I think he will. It will then open her eyes to examine what she really wants out of life i.e. a boyfriend/husband, career etc.  I think there will be some fear there on her part because she's so closed down when it comes to romantic entanglements and Abbie has always been afraid of the unknown and of the things she can't control. If played right, this could be a very interesting arc for her, not just in the romantic sense. 

I think there will be some fear there on her part because she's so closed down when it comes to romantic entanglements and Abbie has always been afraid of the unknown and of the things she can't control. If played right, this could be a very interesting arc for her, not just in the romantic sense.

^THIS^ And yes, it would be a very interesting, illuminating arc.

^I think that quote is Danny's.  Ichabod better get it together since it seems like Danny might be making a move.  

I think a love triangle is being set up. Now that Ichabod has

given Zoe the boot

, I think he'll also come to realize how deep his feelings are for Abbie and both will eventually be vying for her affections. I also think peril may possibly come to Abbie and that Crane and Danny may have to team up in a future episode to save her. If a future writer doesn't fuck things up, I think a wonderful second half of the season has been set up with Kindred Spirits.

• Love 2

I want Abbie to get everything she wants, but I have to be honest: if this episode ends with her declaring her love for Daniel, or Ichabod proposing to Zoe, or anything like that... well I'm going to feel seriously deflated. LOL.

Did you listen to my audio review? Zoe gets something alright in Kindred Spirits,

but it damn sure ain't Ichabod. As a matter of fact, when Ichabod tells her he isn't ready for a serious relationship, she tells him he is, just not with her

Also, I am pro this show exploring Abbie's personal relationships, should the writers choose to. They've explored everyone else's personal lives. It's time Abbie Mills gets the same treatment. That's why I screamed like a little girl when

the hashtag #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter was quoted in the show

. Abbie does and its time the show realizes that a focus on her is probably the only way to save it. As long as the show doesn't go full on soap opera, I believe everything will be fine.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.14 - Into the Wild - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at Wednesday, February 17, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/sleepy-hollow-episode-314-into-wild.html

ABBIE AND SOPHIE PUT THEIR SURVIVAL SKILLS TO THE TEST ON AN ALL-NEW “SLEEPY HOLLOW”
FRIDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

On an FBI team-building day, Abbie and Sophie come face to face with a monster that may finally blow their cover with Reynolds. Meanwhile, Jenny and Joe find themselves in possession of something precious and Crane discovers that the symbol from the Catacombs may be more important than he realized. Don’t miss the all-new “Into the Wild” episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, March 11 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-314) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Love 1

Did you listen to my audio review? Zoe gets something alright in Kindred Spirits,

but it damn sure ain't Ichabod. As a matter of fact, when Ichabod tells her he isn't ready for a serious relationship, she tells him he is, just not with her

Even before your review, I guessed that

Zoe would get Kindred.

Also, I am pro this show exploring Abbie's personal relationships, should the writers choose to. They've explored everyone else's personal lives. It's time Abbie Mills gets the same treatment. That's why I screamed like a little girl when

the hashtag #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter was quoted in the show

. Abbie does and its time the show realizes that a focus on her is probably the only way to save it. As long as the show doesn't go full on soap opera, I believe everything will be fine.

^^^This.

From the two reviews listed here, it sounds like it's going to be a fairly deep and thoughtful episode in addition to the ubiquitous action. I'm expecting some lovely moments that will be able to foster lots of discussion.

• Love 3

Hey guys!  I'm a newbie poster to this site, even though I've been coming here just to read comments for about a year now.  Man, the SH fandom doesn't play, does it?!  The Ichabbie fandom, in particular!  LOL.  I just wanted to share my thoughts/feelings about the show (not sure if this is the correct thread to do that or not)...

Let me just start off by saying, this show is not something that I EVER would have taken interest in, as I'm not into Sci-fi/supernatural shows, movies, etc.  However, seeing Tom Mison's face on a billboard while driving to work every morning......um, yeah. Back when the show first premiered, I SO remember driving by a large SH billboard in LA every morning and being like "That dude is so hot!!"  LOL!  I had no idea who he was and hadn't heard anything about the show (I don't keep up with a lot of TV), but I just knew the guy was hot.  So, for me, personally, he's the reason why I said I wanted to start watching SH. 

I didn't watch the first season faithfully because it was coming on Mondays (I watch DWTS), so I'd end up trying to catch a few episodes here and there on Fridays where they used to play repeats.  In total, though, I probably only saw like 3 episodes from the first season while it was on (I JUST watched all of the first season over this past Christmas break!).  The second season I caught VERY few bits and pieces of the show.  Now, the funny thing is that I didn't faithfully start tuning in until I caught wind of all the negativity the show was receiving .  I wasn't aware of what a hit it had been in the first seaosn, and had absolutely NO idea the second season had been doing bad in the ratings and that people were so upset about the writing.  Like, the fandom AND critics were pissed.  Lol.  I read a lot of articles about the show's descent, and I just was shocked at how a show that was renewed after it's second episode managed to go completely off the rails!  That still boggles my mind.  How does a show mess things up in only its second season?!?  Wow!

The hate for Katrina makes me laugh.  Again, I wasn't watching faithfully, so just hearing the fandom talk about how she screwed up the show....hilarious.  Like, she is HATED!  I want to watch the second season just to see what all the fuss about her is.  Reading that Katrina was ruining the show, along with how they were writing (or, not writing) Abbie, and Abbie and Crane's partnership....I oddly felt compelled to start making it a point to watch on a regular basis.  Lol.  I think the first full episode I actually tuned in to see on a Monday was the painting one (can't remember the episode name).  And since then, I've been watching every week it comes on.

I am by no means the BIGGEST SH fan, but I am definitely rooting for this show!  I started watching for Crane's hotness, but it was great to see that the show was actually good!  As for Abbie and Crane...yep, I'm an Ichabbie shipper, too!  Lol.  How can you not be?!?!  I just do not get why the writers seem so adamant about them not being romantic.  It's so lame!  On any other show where there're team investigators, a romance between the two is SURE to happen.  But this show....they just won't go there.   The show is making people hate it....shooting itself in the foot when it so doesn't have to be that way!  This show was renewed after it's second episode!!!  SECOND!!!  And now, look at it!  Oy vey.

The other thing that I just DO NOT GET! is how/why Nicole and Tom do no promotion for this show!  I don't get it!  They are the leads!!!  So why on earth do they RARELY do interviews, but rather their co-stars are the ones doing the promotion?  What other show does this?!?!?!?  Seriously!  It makes no sense!  There HAS to be a reason why Tom and Nicole are like radio silent in the media when it comes to talking about this show!  Ugh!  It just sucks. 

Here's hoping the rest of the season is good, and we get a season 4.

• Love 4

Welcome PaisleyPark! I think you must be the only person who tuned IN to watch Sleepy Hollow because of the negative press instead of tuning OUT! :)

Hope you stay and play; we're a passionate bunch but we don't bite. (Hard.)

Welcome PaisleyPark! I think you must be the only person who tuned IN to watch Sleepy Hollow because of the negative press instead of tuning OUT! :)

Hope you stay and play; we're a passionate bunch but we don't bite. (Hard.)

Thanks, Miss Dee!  Ha!--I never thought about it like that, but you're right.  While everyone else tuned out, I was tuning in.  I was just enthralled with everything I was reading, regarding the complaints about the second season.  It blew my mind because sooooooo many people were on the same page about how the show had gotten bad.  As weird as it is, the bad press made me want to commit to watching on a regular basis!  Lol.  

The other thing that I just DO NOT GET! is how/why Nicole and Tom do no promotion for this show!  I don't get it!  They are the leads!!!  So why on earth do they RARELY do interviews, but rather their co-stars are the ones doing the promotion?  What other show does this?!?!?!?

tumblr_lc3ijnt8g71qbxnmd.gif?w=584

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1
The other thing that I just DO NOT GET! is how/why Nicole and Tom do no promotion for this show!  I don't get it!  They are the leads!!!  So why on earth do they RARELY do interviews, but rather their co-stars are the ones doing the promotion?

Personally, I would select one of the following options:

a) too busy filming

b) sick and tired of the same questions over and over ad nauseum

c) hate doing interviews in general, unless forced to

d) no time because of personal life.

e) Know show is over, so why bother?

Just my guess.

tumblr_lc3ijnt8g71qbxnmd.gif?w=584

LOL!!!  Exactly!!!!

Personally, I would select one of the following options:

a) too busy filming

b) sick and tired of the same questions over and over ad nauseum

c) hate doing interviews in general, unless forced to

d) no time because of personal life.

e) Know show is over, so why bother?

Just my guess.

Sorry, but the "too busy filming" and "no time because of personal life" is not acceptable.  It's just not.  I understand they have long hour work days, but so do a PLETHORA of other shows!  Sure, they want and have a personal life outside of work just as much as other actors/actresses.  But NO OTHER SHOW'S lead actors/actresses are MIA when it comes to interviewing!!!  NO OTHER SHOWS!!!  If you can think of one, please tell me.  The actors fit the interviews into their schedules because that's just what you do in the business!  Kerry Washington is incredibly busy, being that she's the lead character, filming long days/nights.  And she has a husband and little kid.  But she STILL manages to do interviews, press events, live tweet, etc!!!!  And I'm just using her as an example, but the list is endless!!  I don't even care so much about having Tom/Nicole do the live tweeting thing because, as much as it would be awesome if they did, I do see that type of thing as like a  "leisure activity" outside of work.  Some actors like doing it, some don't..and I think that's fine.  But not giving simple interviews to magazines, not being a part of press events, etc.....NO!  That just makes no sense to me!  And again, THEY ARE THE LEADS!!!  It'd be one thing if they were the second level actors not giving interviews, but they're on the first level!  There HAS to be some behind-the-scenes reason that those two aren't being used to represent the show when it comes to interviews and press events.  Quite honestly, it's very odd to me, and I truly think there's like some sort of drama (be it big or small) behind-the-scenes that's the reason for it.  'Cause no other show operates this way.

• Love 1

I’m similar to you, PaisleyPark, I’ve been gradually been drawn in by the fan drama. However, I think I am just about at saturation point now and will avoid all the hashtag reading and just go back to watching the show and chatting about it afterwards. It gets a little fraught.

I love this show and I’m definitely in the ichabbie camp, but I’m willing to let the writers tell the story their way. It may not turn out exactly as I want or expect, hopefully I’ll always love it, but if we breakup (because of dumb story development) I’ll be okay. Although I am still a bit sad about Selfie, so maybe I won't be okay...

My thinking about the no NB/TM promotion is that it is a deliberate strategy to keep the fans on tenterhooks. Tactics!  At least, I hope it is that and no other reasons.

• Love 1
Sorry, but the "too busy filming" and "no time because of personal life" is not acceptable.  It's just not.

Well, to you, but not to them. If you've followed their twitters, or read any interviews with them or seen public appearances, there are certain things that stand out that you don't see with the majority of actors/actresses: First NB is incredibly uncomfortable in interviews. Second, TM and NB are incredibly private, TM more so than NB. If they have the ability to say to FOX "not interested in promo", and FOX doesn't want to spend the money on a flagging show, then they won't.

Is there behind the scenes drama? Most likely. Why has NB been scheduled for the last two comic cons, then cancelled at the last minute. That's was entirely on her, not on the show. One of the cancellations, she was seen partying that day. Why has TM removed his rarely updated social media entirely before season 3 start?

Part of it could also be their agents not working in their best interests, to TV shows not booking them in favour of bigger "names". Again, that's on TM and NB. If they WANTED to be more visible, then it behooves them to get a new agent, pressure FOX to let them get onto late night/shows. Many actors/actresses understand it's important to stay in the public eye, but not all want to or care that much about it. Both strike me as those types. Personally, I think it is a combination of factors, including "no time", prefer personal life, prefer to be out of the limelight, intensely private people, etc.

Besides, as much as I love watching interviews with those two, for any other TV show, I don't actively search out public appearences for any actor, on TV shows I watch. This show would be the only anomaly. Other shows, I watch because I want to watch them, the shows keep me engaged. Having, say Kerry Washington or Nathan Fillion or Ben McKenzie appear on a talk show isn't going to make me watch the show - that's on me. It's only really going to remind me that the show is still on - commercials and promos can do that also.

• Love 1

Neither Tom or Nicole were at Comic Con in NYC, but did they even have a Sleep Hollow panel at SDCC? SDCC is one of the biggest, if not the biggest promotion tool, buzz spiking event a show can do before the start of a season. It's really a great way to get people talking about the show, but I seem to remember reading something about there not being a SH panel for the San Diego event last year? If true, to me that's very telling about where this show stands with the network. If FOX is not willing to put energy into promoting the show why should NB and TM?

All that said, I believe they did do DragonCon back in September in Atlanta. Even with that though I think both Tom and Nicole skipped out on a couple of the photo sessions and panels due to "illness" etc. 

Both are obviously still doing excellent work on this show, but behind the scenes they both may be ready to put this baby to bed and move on to other things. 

Edited by Enero

IIRC, Sleepy Hollow was supposed to have a panel at SDCC 2015, but cancelled at the last minute. I believe they said that they were too busy filming.

... (not sure if this is the correct thread to do that or not)...

... I think the first full episode I actually tuned in to see on a Monday was the painting one (can't remember the episode name). And since then, I've been watching every week it comes on....

Welcome Paisley Park! Heh, it made me laugh that the painting episode is when you became a regular viewer considering the reception that episode got. You are truly dedicated. :) And yeah, the BTS drama and all the stuff that swirls around the show is often more interesting than the show itself.

As for the topics, maybe most of this would fit better in either the what went wrong or positivity threads, though it's now turning more into a media discussion. Hmmm. Either way, we're definitely not talking about spoilers.

Edited by cynic

IIRC, Sleepy Hollow was supposed to have a panel at SDCC 2015, but cancelled at the last minute. I believe they said that they were too busy filming.

Welcome Paisley Park! Heh, it made me laugh that the painting episode is when you became a regular viewer considering the reception that episode got. You are truly dedicated. :) And yeah, the BTS drama and all the stuff that swirls around the show is often more interesting than the show itself.

As for the topics, maybe most of this would fit better in either the what went wrong or positivity threads, though it's now turning more into a media discussion. Hmmm. Either way, we're definitely not talking about spoilers.

Thanks for the welcome, Cynic!  Yeah, I know...I became a regular viewer on THAT episode of ALL episodes.  Lol!  Oddly enough, it just happened that way.

And yes, I was trying to figure out which was the correct thread for me to post in before I posted!!  I couldn't figure what thread my thoughts would fit best in.  I didn't really think it was this one, but none of them seemed to fit, I didn't think.  If my posts get moved somewhere, that's totally fine.  Go for it! :)

Well, to you, but not to them. If you've followed their twitters, or read any interviews with them or seen public appearances, there are certain things that stand out that you don't see with the majority of actors/actresses: First NB is incredibly uncomfortable in interviews. Second, TM and NB are incredibly private, TM more so than NB. If they have the ability to say to FOX "not interested in promo", and FOX doesn't want to spend the money on a flagging show, then they won't.

Is there behind the scenes drama? Most likely. Why has NB been scheduled for the last two comic cons, then cancelled at the last minute. That's was entirely on her, not on the show. One of the cancellations, she was seen partying that day. Why has TM removed his rarely updated social media entirely before season 3 start?

Part of it could also be their agents not working in their best interests, to TV shows not booking them in favour of bigger "names". Again, that's on TM and NB. If they WANTED to be more visible, then it behooves them to get a new agent, pressure FOX to let them get onto late night/shows. Many actors/actresses understand it's important to stay in the public eye, but not all want to or care that much about it. Both strike me as those types. Personally, I think it is a combination of factors, including "no time", prefer personal life, prefer to be out of the limelight, intensely private people, etc.

Besides, as much as I love watching interviews with those two, for any other TV show, I don't actively search out public appearences for any actor, on TV shows I watch. This show would be the only anomaly. Other shows, I watch because I want to watch them, the shows keep me engaged. Having, say Kerry Washington or Nathan Fillion or Ben McKenzie appear on a talk show isn't going to make me watch the show - that's on me. It's only really going to remind me that the show is still on - commercials and promos can do that also.

I am the FIRST person to applaud people who don't have Facebook, Twitter, etc, or if they have it, but rarely post.  To me, it says a lot about a person who doesn't feel the need to post every hour/every day about stuff that no one cares about and no one needs to know (what you had for breakfast, how beautiful the day is, etc.).  I actually REALLY love that Tom isn't on social media, and find it quite endearing, being that it adds a sense of mystery to him.  And, I think it's great that Nicole is on social media, but doesn't post a lot.  It would be lovely if more celebs realized it's okay not to post about your social/private life on social media. :/

HOWEVER, Tom/Nicole being private about their private life is in no way, shape or form the same as being private about commenting about storylines they are in on a television show!  It's not the same!  No actor/actress hopes they land a show that fails!  No, they want to be on a show that succeeds.  And every show has/needs publicity, which is why the actors give interviews to magazines and other news outlets.  It's a part of the job, which I'm sure Nicole and Tom are well aware of after all these years of being in the business. 

I would be SHOCKED if there lack of interviewing is because they simply don't want to give them.  Please!  That comes off as diva behavior to me, and I so don't see either of them being the type.  At all.  As for Nicole, sure she seems rather reserved and low-key in the interviews she's given in the past, but coming off as uncomfortable....I disagree.  She and Tom have done plenty of interviews in the past for this show, but I'm supposed to believe that now (s)he have become uncomfortable doing them this season????  Uh, okaaaaay, suuuure, anything is possible, I guess....but I'm not buying it.  There's more to the story of why we're getting every second-level actor speaking out about storylines on SH, instead of hearing from the two LEADS. 

And I will never buy the reason of "no time."  Just.....no.  Again, actors on every show work long hours.  Tom and Nicole are no unusual case.  Yet, the lead actors on these MANY, MANY other shows can manage to give a blurb or two to a publication like EW, TV Guide, etc, whether it be by phone, e-mail, or in person.  It's part of the job!  It's just NOT that difficult!  I can totally understand not being able to make big events (Ex. a Comic Con, Paley Fest, etc.) because the filming schedule doesn't allow for it.  Okay, fine.  But you can't give a quick interview (whether done on the show's set or via phone) to a journalist?!?!?!  Just....no. 

IT IS ALL TOO WEIRD!!  I mean, it is what it is, but that doesn't negate from the weirdness....

Edited by PaisleyPark
  • Love 1

It is not, IMO, that NB and TM have made a conscious decision to not promote SH. It is logical that Fox determines who will and who will not attend different functions. Fox is their boss. If Fox says to jump, they would. NB and TM are faces of SH. I have never seen a network not promote their properties, whether the shows are flourishing or floundering. This is a first, for me, as one who has watched a lot of TV over the years.

• Love 1

Yeah, you are right. I think either Media, or the Therapy thread perhaps? Gonna reply there.

ETA: Wait, no, this isn't the Ratings thread (why did I think it was?). It may be okay here. I have no clue :')

It is not, IMO, that NB and TM have made a conscious decision to not promote SH. It is logical that Fox determines who will and who will not attend different functions. Fox is their boss. If Fox says to jump, they would. NB and TM are faces of SH.

Very true. You'd think that FOX would want to promote the show as much as possible, but I could see them putting their eggs in the Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Empire (and X-Files) baskets instead - more lucrative to them, I guess. No clue.

I am the FIRST person to applaud people who don't have Facebook, Twitter, etc, or if they have it, but rarely post.  To me, it says a lot about a person who doesn't feel the need to post every hour/every day about stuff that no one cares about and no one needs to know (what you had for breakfast, how beautiful the day is, etc.).  I actually REALLY love that Tom isn't on social media, and find it quite endearing, being that it adds a sense of mystery to him.

Don't have it, don't want it, really respect Mison for basically being very private about his personal life - and the fact that he hates people who take selfies. Stop being so awesome, man!

Also, ever notice you NEVER EVER read any gossip or blind items or see any papparazi photos of NB or TM. Smart. Seriously. Or at least they are not recognization in public. Mison especially - he looks completely different.

And I will never buy the reason of "no time."  Just.....no.  Again, actors on every show work long hours.  Tom and Nicole are no unusual case.  Yet, the lead actors on these MANY, MANY other shows can manage to give a blurb or two to a publication like EW, TV Guide, etc, whether it be by phone, e-mail, or in person.  It's part of the job!  It's just NOT that difficult!  I can totally understand not being able to make big events (Ex. a Comic Con, Paley Fest, etc.) because the filming schedule doesn't allow for it.  Okay, fine.  But you can't give a quick interview (whether done on the show's set or via phone) to a journalist?!?!?!  Just....no.

I think it's very possible it's the flip side. The show isn't really the New! Hot! Thing! anymore. Magazines, Gossip sites, Media in general want the hot thing. Maybe no one wants to book them - they'd rather have a Kardashian or a Viola Davis or a Nathan Fillion  - then top it off with FOX not caring, and - I still believe they both don't particularly care either- then that's why you never see them in typical media. Just speculating. But it's a combo of factors I think. I know, it makes no sense, but either does have the stuff on - and behind the scenes - of the show.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.15 - Incommunicado - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at Wednesday, February 24, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/sleepy-hollow-episode-315-incommunicado.html

THE STRONGEST ALLIANCES ARE PUT TO THE TEST ON AN ALL-NEW “SLEEPY HOLLOW” FRIDAY, MARCH 18, ON FOX

After a supernatural event takes the Witnesses by surprise, both Crane and Abbie are forced to work alongside their most hated foes yet. Meanwhile, Jenny and Joe struggle to salvage their relationship, as they continue to battle their own internal demons in the all-new “Incommunicado” episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, March 18 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-315) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.16 - Dawn's Early Light - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at Thursday, March 03, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/sleepy-hollow-episode-316-dawns-early.html

"SLEEPY HOLLOW" - (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

CRANE MUST TAP INTO PAINFUL MEMORIES ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" FRIDAY, MARCH 25, ON FOX

As The Hidden One grows stronger, Crane must examine his past with Betsy Ross to find the key to stopping him. Meanwhile, Jenny wonders if she can ever have a relationship with her father, and Abbie faces a hard decision as things with Reynolds become more strained in the all-new "Dawn's Early Light" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, March 25 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-316) (TV-14 L, V)

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.17 - Delaware - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at Wednesday, March 09, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/sleepy-hollow-episode-317-delaware.html

ABBIE AND CRANE GO ON A DIFFICULT JOURNEY ON AN ALL-NEW “SLEEPY HOLLOW” FRIDAY, APRIL 1, ON FOX

With a single day left before The Hidden One regains omniscience, Abbie and Crane must do the unthinkable in a last-ditch effort to save the world. Meanwhile, Jenny, Joe and Sophie devise a plan to stall as the Witnesses work. Don’t miss the all-new “Delaware” episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-317) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

It is interesting that Daniel is in the loop. Being a shipper for Crane and Mills, I'll be bitterly disappointed if the show tries to sell them as end game - do *not* try to Katrina our Daniel, show! - but I am okay with seeing an interim romance between Abbie and Daniel if it's not dragged out too long. After all we had to put up with Katrina, and if Ichabod is falling slowly for the Lieutenant then I think Mison would play the hell of those scenes when he's the odd man out, for once.

I love it!  I have a bad feeling that Pandora is going to end up being the Noble Sacrifice who dies for the cause, but I hope not.  I am so happy to see her turn against THO and I'd like to see her prevail, alive and strong and determined to use her powers for good instead of evil from now on.

It is interesting that Daniel is in the loop. Being a shipper for Crane and Mills, I'll be bitterly disappointed if the show tries to sell them as end game - do *not* try to Katrina our Daniel, show!

Oh, hell no! If Abbie/Daniel turns out to be End Game, I'm hunting Clifton Campbell down and bringing Liam Neeson with me.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 4

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.18 - Ragnarok - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at Wednesday, March 16, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/sleepy-hollow-episode-318-ragnarok.html

ABBIE AND CRANE DISCOVER AN UNLIKELY WAY TO DEFEAT THE HIDDEN ONE ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF “SLEEPY HOLLOW” FRIDAY, APRIL 8, ON FOX

After a startling discovery, Abbie and Crane realize what they must do in order to make Pandora’s box complete again. Meanwhile, the team works tirelessly to stop The Hidden One, before he destroys all of humanity. Can the Witnesses succeed with the fate of the world in their hands once again -- Find out in the all-new “Ragnarok” Season Finale episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-318) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
I'm wondering if it might possibly (hopefully, hope hope hope!) mean that they found out sometime during the late season filming, that they were likely to get renewed?

I've long been of the theory - since S3 E1 and even during the hiatus - that if there is a season 4, it will be a slow burn for Ichabbie (assuming it happens). If no season 4, then they will hook then up faster (assuming the writers will actually hook them up).

Right now, we are getting a slow burn, so there you go. Cliff Campbell also said at the beginning of the season, that if he knew the show would not have a S4, he would resolve it properly and not leave a cliffhanger. More recently, he said there will be a cliffhanger, so who knows.

I've also long had the theory that if the writers decide to keep Abbie/Crane as friends, or decide on last-minute Ichabbie, and there is no season 4, then Crane's going to die in the final episode. Based on cryptic comments from Tom Mison at this week's MCM Comic Con Birmingham, I may be right. Yes, they are cryptic, but something is telling me my gut is correct. Pure specuation, though.

Thing is, the ratings for the show are really solid. Second Chance is doing much worse (on Friday's also). Gotham is renewed. Lucifer is dropping quite a bit (too bad, fun show), Minority Report is already gone, Bones has a shortened season.

• Love 1

*sigh* Maybe it's just as well. This is probably the only place on the Internet that can talk about the show without completely hating on it.

Yeah, it's a tough crowd out there. I get the hate for season 2, but that's all over now. No one wants to give the show a chance anymore, which is too bad. It's a good season.

For the record, I really hope I am wrong. Most of my speculations usually are, so I hope to eat my typed words and welcome a season 4.

• Love 1

Maybe he just thinks there's a good chance it's going to be cancelled and is preparing himself, all on the same evidence we're seeing?

Possibly. Or maybe he's just burned out right now. He didn't seem to have that typical Mison "spark". His usual awesome snark and wit was clearly missing. He seemed tired. At least he looked hot as hell! :') /*shallow*/

Thanks for posting HalcyonDays.

I thought the interview was weird and at times awkward, especially when he was talking about SH. TM was definitely off his game. He did seem a little peaked and/or very tired. I think he mentioned getting up to drive there at 6am that morning.

I'm with you though. I think the show might be done based on several comments made in that interview.

Maybe I only hear what I want to, but I don't think the show is done based on the interview. Homeboy did seem tired, but I think he fielded questions well; he loves to play forgetful about details, etc. and no one asked the dreaded ?s(see hair, Katrina, etc.)The numbers are looking steady and the feedback I've read from critics are nowhere of the negative sort generated from the sins of season two. Haircuts grow out(unless Crane is going for yet another new look & we know he can rock a wig) and I dunno, I just don't feel the fear I felt like last time. The biggest part of my sense that it will return is hope. I'm not ready to say goodbye. A lot of interesting boxes(pardon the pun) have been opened lately or over the course of 3B that I would like to see further explored.

• Love 1

I'd love to know what critics you're reading, Dizzychickstar. Most of the ones I can find are all-negative, all the time. The Vulture reviewer is generally positive, I think... but stay away from A.V. Club and IO9, reviews and comments alike. Very little positivity to be found, and a lot of negativity from posters who haven't even bothered to watch Season 3.

Ha, ha. You called it. The Vulture one, BNG, and screen something or other. I also read some that are definitely fan driven than a more impartial critic too.

And if folks haven't watched and are posting all negativity all the time, that's a shame.

I'd love to know what critics you're reading, Dizzychickstar. Most of the ones I can find are all-negative, all the time. The Vulture reviewer is generally positive, I think... but stay away from A.V. Club and IO9, reviews and comments alike. Very little positivity to be found, and a lot of negativity from posters who haven't even bothered to watch Season 3.

The AV Club seems to hate everything, imo. I read i09s review last night. Man, was that demoralizing. Maybe they're just mad that they may be out of a job soon since Hulk Hulgan won Gawker Media in his lawsuit.