Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

There's a photo of Abbie and Ichabod from the season premiere at the bottom of the article of spoilers from various shows. Man, Abbie (or Nicole) just looks like she's over it.

http://io9.com/marvel-may-have-found-the-absolute-perfect-person-to-pl-1729984867

ETA: Somehow I missed that they got the pic from SpoilerTv and there's a link to view more.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/09/sleepy-hollow-episode-301-i-witness_10.html?m=1

Edited by cynic
What kind of new monsters will we be seeing on Sleepy Hollow? — lilslim142000

I’ve got three for you. 1. The show is taking on one of the greatest unsolved series of murders in modern history when an instrument of evil unleashes Jack the Ripper. 2. We’re going to meet The Abyzou, which is basically a tooth fairy — but not like one you’ve ever seen before — who has, unbeknownst to Crane, plagued his mission in both his lifetimes. 3. The undead rise in the form of Draugur, a battalion of undead British soldiers who return under the command of the demonic turncoat General Howe to finish the mission they started 240 years ago.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on The Flash, Once Upon a Time, Arrow and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted September 11 2015 — 12:00 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/11/spoiler-room-flash-once-upon-time-arrow-spoilers

• Love 1

the demonic turncoat General Howe

Do what now? General Howe was a british officer when the war started and when he retired they knighted him. How on earth was he a turncoat? I mean, he was a mean little shit, but that was actually his job.

Do what now? General Howe was a british officer when the war started and when he retired they knighted him. How on earth was he a turncoat? I mean, he was a mean little shit, but that was actually his job.

Maybe they're saying he was a double agent in Sleepy Hollow Twistory?

Yeah - I know that's a stretch, lol.

When I saw this spoiler I looked the guy up because the name was unfamiliar.  And according to Wikipedia there is some debate over whether he deliberately undermined the war effort because apparently inaction on his part in places led to some showy campaign failures for  the British.  Apparently there was a resignation & censure etc. etc.  Nothing was conclusively proven but he still had a lot of doubters.  So there is a little bit of rope there that SH can use.

From Sleepy Hollow article in print issue of my new TV Guide, September 21-27, 2015 (Viola Davis on cover):

-- When the show returns, it's a year later.

-- Ichabod and new FBI agent Abbie have a fresh menace to combat.  Showrunner Clifton Campbell: "We thought the idea of a female villain could shake things up."  Their choice: Pandora (Shannyn Sossamon) of Pandora's Box. Campbell: "Everybody understands you don't want to open that box... In the Greek myth, Zeus sent Pandra to unleash evil on the world. That's still who she is."

-- In counterpoint to Pandora, another legendary woman enters the series, but she's a force for good. Betsy Ross (Nikki Reed) was also a spy for George Washington.

-- At the FBI, Abbie reunites with an old flame from their early days at the FBI Academy, Daniel Reynolds (Lance Gross) - who's now her new boss. What might this mean for fans longing for an "Ichabbie" pairing? Campbell: "We love the shippers, and we think that it's fun to play to the chemistry between those characters... I think the shippers will be very happy with this season."

In the same TV Guide issue, from the Bones article:

-- The fifth episode of Bones will see the cross-over with Sleepy Hollow.  Each show will stay true to itself. Bones' showrunner Michael Peterson: "We're not going to have Bones suddenly believing in ghosts."  Instead, the crossover episodes will focus on the dynamics between the leads: Booth and cop Abbie, and Brennan and Ichabod, "who make a surprisingly good team."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.02 - Whispers In The Dark - Press Release
Posted by Assassin at Tuesday, September 15, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/09/sleepy-hollow-episode-302-whispers-in.html

ABBIE AND CRANE FACE THEIR DEMONS ON AN ALL-NEW “SLEEPY HOLLOW” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, ON FOX

When Pandora uses her powers to unleash a new form of evil, Abbie and Crane are forced to face their pasts in unexpected ways. Don’t miss the all-new “Whispers In The Dark” episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Thursday, Oct. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-301) (TV-14; L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills; Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills.

41/66

'Sleepy Hollow' (Oct. 1, 9 p.m., Fox)

THE THEME OF THE SEASON IS… Balance. Says incoming showrunner Clifton Campbell, “How you strike the balance between what you’re destined to be with who you really are in the terrestrial world?”

WHERE WE LEFT OFF: Abbie warped back to 1781 and teamed up with a pre-time travel Ichabod to protect Grace Dixon from the Horseman. She zipped back to the future just in time to see present day Crane accidentally kill his wife Katrina, who had turned towards the Dark Side.

WHAT'S COMING UP: Season 3 leaps ahead nine months and the group has scattered; Abbie is now an FBI agent, while Ichabod has traveled to England to search for his ancestral roots. “The premiere has a very challenging case that draws them both back to Sleepy Hollow,” says Campbell. There they find that Frank has prioritized his family over work, allowing Orlando Jones to exit the series. (Campbell declines to say whether the fan favorite will appear in the premiere, but does add that the door is open for his return.) Sheriff Corbin’s son, Joe (Zach Appelman), will take his place permanently. “Once we dropped him in the mix with Jenny, Abbie, and Crane, the stories exploded and became much more relevant to how we could open up the mythology that August Corbin instilled his children, which includes Jenny and Abbie since he was virtually their father, too.”

CITIZEN CRANE: Ichabod sets out to become a true blue American citizen… a process that turns into more of a bureaucratic nightmare than he expected. “It so much fun and so ironic to hear some of the steps that people have to go through to become an American citizen,” says Campbell. “To have one of the people we know was there when it was birthed struggling with the same ridiculous red tape has been a lot of fun.” — EA

Fall TV Preview: Scoop on 66 Returning Shows

Yahoo TV Staff  September 11, 2015

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fall-tv-preview-scoop-on-c1440030987718/photo-sleepy-hollow-photo-1440030923942.html

Question: I read that a Halloween episode is in the works on Bones. Can you send any spooky spoilers our way? —Linda

Ausiello: The Bones-Sleepy Hollow crossover event — which falls on the Thursday before All Hallows Eve — is sorta tangentially Halloween-themed, I suppose. I doubt you’ll see Ichabod and Abbie getting their trick-or-treat on with Booth, Brennan & Brood, as fun a visual as that would be. I think I can satisfy your desire for a spooky spoiler though: The Oct. 1 Bones premiere features a pivotal-ish death.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Good Wife, Castle, NCIS, Bones, Nashville, Vampire Diaries, Suits, Sleepy Hollow and More

By Michael Ausiello / September 18 2015, 12:41 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/09/18/bones-booth-season-11-death-spoiler-ask-ausiello/

Edited by tv echo

WHERE WE LEFT OFF: Abbie warped back to 1781 and teamed up with a pre-time travel Ichabod to protect Grace Dixon from the Horseman. She zipped back to the future just in time to see present day Crane accidentally kill his wife Katrina, who had turned towards the Dark Side.

I just have to laugh at how totally wrong this is.  Abbie had already come back to the present and it was a fairly lengthy scene in which Katrina was trying to kill Abbie and Crane killed Katrina to save Abbie. Clearly whoever wrote this didn't actually watch the episode.

Yeah, no, totally wrong. Looks like someone either had Star Wars on the mind or just googled it. And I don't think magical spells = "zipping".

The Bones-Sleepy Hollow crossover event — which falls on the Thursday before All Hallows Eve — is sorta tangentially Halloween-themed, I suppose.

Do the showrunners/writers/FOX hate Halloween. It's my absolutely favourite time of year, and you have a show based on a fun story that actually invokes Halloween themes, and still, it's "sorta-tangentially themes, they suppose." Damn you, show(z).

allowing Orlando Jones to exit the series.

Not true either. He's not coming back. If the "door was open", they could have kept him on as guest star or something, and he could in the meantime work on his projects and running his company. It's obviously Hollywood spin.

Ichabod sets out to become a true blue American citizen… a process that turns into more of a bureaucratic nightmare than he expected.

Looking forward to this - should be interesting and fun. Especially since Abbie now IS kinda a bureaucrat.

I'm sad though that we won't see Crane and Abbie together on a plane. That would have been good. I'm still kinda amazed that there are no promos yet, and just realized that the fall season of shows starts Monday. New Gotham on Monday! Yes.

But aparently word (another source) is that there will be a ton of stuff released next week. You'd think so. Because I also just realized that SH comes back in less than two weeks! Time flies.

• Love 2

I can't believe we still don't have a trailer.

My head canon is that the PR department didn't get the memo and mistakenly created one focusing on Nikki Reed. Cliffy and Co found out and went on a rampage to do it right.

Heh.

• Love 2

I keep seeing stuff for Minority Report. Seriously, I'm watching Fear the Walking Dead on AMC and one just came on. That show has horrible buzz* and will likely fail and yet Fox is pumping out tons of promo for it. It'd be nice Fox could remember that Sleepy Hollow exists. 

*I'm hoping the buzz is wrong though. I like Stark Sands and Meagan Goode and I love having more sci-fi stuff on tv. I'm planning on giving it a shot.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 3.03 - Blood and Fear - Press Release
Posted by Nirat Anop at Thursday, September 24, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/09/sleepy-hollow-episode-303-blood-and.html

PANDORA UNLEASHES HER WRATH ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15, ON FOX

Fear is rampant in Sleepy Hollow when Pandora releases an ancient artifact from her box that can transform an ordinary human into a terrifying figure from the past. Don't miss the all-new "Blood and Fear" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Thursday, Oct. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-303) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills; Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills.

Edited by tv echo

Hmmm... not sure I got that from what I read.

Unfortunately, I do. From that one and other comments I've read about Abbie's sudden skepticism after everything that happened. It's making her dumb and clueless for the sake of making others smart and aware without earning it. They need to put her down, so that "smarter and more aware" people like Ichy and her sister can give her a lesson.

From another person, who watched 3.01 and commented on Brownsista's review:

2. I was disappointed with how easily they moved past Ichabod’s leaving for nine months. I thought it would be more of a big deal but the witnesses just picked up and moved along like nothing ever happened. Abbie was too accommodating if you ask me. She’s become a very weak character in my opinion.

Dumb and weak. No wonder they've been promoting Sexy!Smart!Betsy. Then, it's easier to to destroy a character than try to fix their White Snowflake, who in one episode gets to do all the fun stuff and be irresistible to ladies.

Don't worry, though. Apparently Abbie gets to shoot at stuff.

Dumb and weak. No wonder they've been promoting Sexy!Smart!Betsy. Then, it's easier to to destroy a character than try to fix their White Snowflake, who in one episode gets to do all the fun stuff and be irresistible to ladies.

Damn, so they're repeating their same mistakes, just with a different character who sounds more and more like Katrina 2.0.

Unfortunately, I do. From that one and other comments I've read about Abbie's sudden skepticism after everything that happened. It's making her dumb and clueless for the sake of making others smart and aware without earning it. They need to put her down, so that "smarter and more aware" people like Ichy and her sister can give her a lesson.

From another person, who watched 3.01 and commented on Brownsista's review:

Don't worry, though. Apparently Abbie gets to shoot at stuff.

Hey can you link to that comment from another who watched 3.01?

Very disappointing. But I'm not surprised. I have been expecting and dreading Katrina 2.0 ever since she was announced. Sadly enough - I thought The Flash would disappoint me this season (and it still might), but it looks like they are correcting their mistakes over there... SH feels like it learned nothing from last year and only seems to be trying to "re-do" Katrina entirely - but this time, mix her with Abbie attributes while stealing those attributes from the REAL Abbie.

Not cool.

I don't really mind Abbie being skeptical - I think what REALLY bothers me is that there is no fall out from Ichabod just up and leaving Abbie behind like that - with no word. Just gone. That's trifling and clearly these writers really haven't learned anything. They're just trying to shove Katrina 2.0 down our throats again - just making her useful this time to try and push her at us and probably eventually sideline Abbie.

They turned Abbie into an idiot!

No they did not. A scientific sensible minded person who takes a step back and looks at things logically is not stupid at all. They are analytical and intelligent, which is Abbie from day one. It's too bad that you think Abbie is dumbed down. In fact, it provides a nice contrast to the others (hello Scully!) and who know for how long that will last. Especially since Abbie's been in Quantico and working for the FBI, therefore seeing all manner of evil on the streets in the last year, caused by the typical evil that is humanity. I'm looking forward to this.

I should have kept that to myself. It wasn’t in my review. Someone asked me here and I told them. Still, it’s an opinion, no different than the one SpoilerTV writers who hate Abbie give. No different than all the reviewers give. It doesn’t mean you don’t tune in and watch. I reblogged another reviewer who loved it. The show had its moments, it did. Ichabod was hilarious. If you like Icha-sass you’ll love this episode. If you wanna see an Ichabbie hug you’ll love this episode. If you wanna see Ichabod blush over his relationship with Betsy you will love this episode. If you wanna ship Ichabod with anyone but Abbie you will love this episode. Wanna see Abbie shoot a lot of stuff, you’ll love this episode. Wanna see Betsy do her Laura Croft thing, you will love this episode.

A little extra info from Blackhoney, on the review. It all sounds good to me, actually, for the most part, but reading the "ship Abbie with Crane" stuff, I am kinda at loss here. As much as I want romantic Ichabbie to happen, I'm getting the impression that unless the opening of the episode is Crane ripping off Abbie's clothes, throwing her onto the bed and then having wild sex with her, then the show is bust. Not gonna happen. You have to lead into the relationship, if there is going to be one. The rest is smut fan fic. They have to reconnect, get to re-know each other and go from there, if it goes there. We won't know for a while. It's just weird.

Oh, and that Six Things to Expect from SH sounds promising actually! And what,

Crane and Jenny actually interacting! Yes! Crane in his ancestral home in Scotland (I only wish we could see those scenes - for me, the Scotland scenary and old home part), nice. Crane having Immigration problems - welcome to the new world. Gotta wait and see how it unfolds!

Apparently the first promo is to be released today.

ETA: Moved review link to Media Thread.

No they did not. A scientific sensible minded person who takes a step back and looks at things logically is not stupid at all. They are analytical and intelligent, which is Abbie from day one. It's too bad that you think Abbie is dumbed down. In fact, it provides a nice contrast to the others. Especially since Abbie's been in Quantico and working for the FBI, therefore seeing all manner of evil on the streets in the last year, caused by the typical evil that is humanity. I'm looking forward to this.

Yeah - this is how I saw it too. The only worrisome part was if they are trying to make Abbie adversarial to Crane rather than his partner, and if they are trying to show SBR as being a better partner. I don't want that. And it would make it feel like they are trying to lift up SBR at Abbie's expense.

I cannot help it - I've had bad feelings about SBR since she was announced.

A little extra info from Blackhoney, on the review. It all sounds good to me, actually, for the most part, but reading the "ship Abbie with Crane" stuff, I am kinda at loss here. As much as I want romantic Ichabbie to happen, I'm getting the impression that unless the opening of the episode is Crane ripping off Abbie's clothes, throwing her onto the bed and then having wild sex with her, then the show is bust. Not gonna happen. You have to lead into the relationship, if there is going to be one. The rest is smut fan fic. They have to reconnect, get to re-know each other and go from there, if it goes there. We won't know for a while. It's just weird.

I don't think they are ever going to go there. They just seem determined not to. That's not terrible - but I wish I didn't have to look at SBR and Crane instead. Especially if it comes at the expense Ichabbie's partnership or reduces Abbie to a sidekick like she was in S2.

And if your prediction is right that this is the final season, then we will never get Ichabbie, which would be a shame. Wasted opportunity.

Oh, and that Six Things to Expect from SH sounds promising actually! And what,

Crane and Jenny actually interacting! Yes! Crane in his ancestral home in Scotland (I only wish we could see those scenes), nice. Crane having Immigration problems - welcome to the new world. Gotta wait and see how it unfolds!

Apparently the first promo is to be released today.

I thought it was supposed to be released yesterday?

No they did not. A scientific sensible minded person who takes a step back and looks at things logically is not stupid at all.

Oh yes, I agree with that... about people in the real world or even Abbie in the first few episodes, before she fully accepted the supernatural, Evil and her role as Witness. Two seasons of fighting all kinds of supernatural monsters. This is not healthy skepticism, this is making her look like a dimwit on purpose.

Yeah - this is how I saw it too. The only worrisome part was if they are trying to make Abbie adversarial to Crane rather than his partner, and if they are trying to show SBR as being a better partner.

Nah, I completely doubt it. Scully was never considered "adversarial" to Mulder. She was logic, Mulder was passion/obsession. Same with these two. Abbie is Brains/Logic, Crane is Impulse/Emotion. It's been that way since day one. In fact I'm surprised people are not happy about this - that she's isn't simply taking Crane's word and aiding him in his emotional pursuits. Last season people complained she wasn't fighting against his whims and blindly following him. Now that she is, it's potentially a problem. I just realized that actually as I was typing....*grin*

In some of the press releases for the show (3.02 and 3.03), they mentioned how Crane and Abbie have to confront their pasts. That's what BR is for - you need a link to the past to get answers. Of course, I kinda wish they could have spun it so that Crane's mother or father were spies or something. Eh. Not gonna worry. This is only chapter 1 of the 18 chapter story- there will be twists and turns during the journey.

If they are really dumb enough to do K-wife 2.0, then they deserve the fate and reviews they get. Though the comments about the corset wearing make me laugh. Everyone does know that women in the 18th century (and before and after) were required to wear corsets, no matter what, right? That was the proper way women should dress, otherwise they would be considered a harlot, or scandalous woman. Flashbacks of BR will have her wearing a corset and dress.

Now, if BR is wearing boots, jeans and a corset-like top, then yeah, dumb dumb dumb wardrobe. Disappoint.

ETA: yeah, never mind. Just saw some episode pics. Yup - dumb. And apparently I predicted her outfit dead on.

picard_facepalm_xlarge.jpeg

And if your prediction is right that this is the final season, then we will never get Ichabbie, which would be a shame.

My prediction yeah I think that's right. When SH finished last season, they were able to negotiate to secure their advertising revenue for season 3, based on those numbers. They know how much revenue they will earn from SH, and are saving money (like with Bones) by forgoing the promos. However, the poor opening of Minority Report, the lackluster Gotham return and possible Scream Queens not doing well may have them second-guessing. Empire kicked ass on it's return, so they will continue to funnel money into that show - it's a sound investment. However, since there are so many people unwilling to give the show a chance, the numbers will suck on return. But when the last episode of SH was much better in ratings than the Pilot of Minority Report, then SH could have hope - but no one wants to watch anymore or give it a chance. So it's the last year.

As for Ichabbie - lots of time, man, lots of time. I can see them working towards it by season end. For sure.

I thought it was supposed to be released yesterday?

Certain shows may have had the promo aired last night, but in terms of being able to upload a link to it here - should be out today on the internets...

Ten minutes into the episode there is a death, the introduction of new bad person, Abbie hitting a guy in the face with a garbage can top and maybe eventually going to get Ichabod.

Let me just add again that this is not a terrible episode. To me it was just blah. It didn’t blow me away like This is War. It had great moments, mostly Ichabod’s jokes. He is on the money this episode and I honestly think that is what people are reacting to.

But the gist of this episode is this: Ichabod finds something and needs Abbie’s help figuring it out. Betsy’s clues help them along the way. There is an evil demon that has been conjured up by the new big bad and Abbie shows up at the end to save Ichabod.

By the way, I think the episode is going to leak. There are screenshots of the entire episode and Betsy and Ichabod having their moment is already made its way to Twitter. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPr4R3kWsAA_waC.jpg

So, after all they've been through, Abbie and Crane don't talk to each other for nine months and finally get back in touch basically just due to a mission. :/

That kiss doesn't look sexy at all. Crane looks kinda ummm...strange.

I'm not thrilled with what I'm hearing, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Honestly though, I've been disappointed with this show since Sanctuary. I've given them 1.5 seasons to live up to the potential they seemed to have in the first few episodes. I should probably just accept that the show won't be what I want it to be and really never was. I'll probably enjoy it more.

Crane and Abbie jump right back in the saddle. There is little talk of why he left. He apologized, Abbie said she understood and it was off to this new mission, which if you can believe this, Abbie doesn’t believe in. Yes, Abbie goes back to S1 and is all of a sudden a non believer for the earlier part of the show. She’s all ‘you’re crazy, the apocalypse is over’ and I’m like, seriously?

There is little emotion TO ME in this episode. Its not two ppl reconnecting after time apart and falling into each other’s arms. They don’t even act like brother and sister when they see each other again. Its business as usual.

Oh, we get our standard Ichabbie hug at the end, but like another reviewer on my site said, it’s becoming like a gimmick now.

Ichabod gets Abbie’s assistant making goo-goo eyes at him and he gets shown kissing Betsy back in the day, and Abbie is still just Abbie. A soldier. A fighter. She just comes in and saves the day.

And something tells me, THIS IS JUST AN OPINION, but something tells me Ichabod and Pandora will become ‘friends.’

Edited by Blackhoney

Could it be at all that Abbie is still her no nonsense self? Frankly I kinda like that Ichabod has to convince her to come back to the crazy again - look at everything she had to give up before. She finally realizes her dream of becoming an FBI agent and here comes the crazy Witness stuff ready to throw her right back into it.

I actually like that part. I don't think it makes her crazy - I think it makes her realistic. After everything that happened and all of the loss, maybe she wanted to just get away from it too.

I do wish that there was more angst around them being apart all of that time though - that's truly disappointing and really seems way out of character. Not happy with that.

And well, I kinda expect all the ladies to be falling all over Ichabod - hopefully it will knock him on his ass when Abbie finally gets some male attention.

I don't know - your summary makes me look a little forward to the episode. It sounds kinda like old school SH - but I could understand how if you were really looking for strong Ichabbie vibes of the romantic and angsty kind, you'd be disappointed.

But I've lost hope that they'll ever do Ichabbie at this point. I wish they would, but I just don't see it happening. If it ever does, I swear it will be in the series finale, where the two come close together like they are about to kiss and then the screen goes black. Yeah that's cruel, but it feels like TPTB won't ever really go there.

• Love 2

I don't know - your summary makes me look a little forward to the episode. It sounds kinda like old school SH - but I could understand how if you were really looking for strong Ichabbie vibes of the romantic and angsty kind, you'd be disappointed.

But I've lost hope that they'll ever do Ichabbie at this point. I wish they would, but I just don't see it happening. If it ever does, I swear it will be in the series finale, where the two come close together like they are about to kiss and then the screen goes black. Yeah that's cruel, but it feels like TPTB won't ever really go there.

I doubt we'll ever see Ichabbie as an OTP too. Oh the one hand, as an unabashed shipper and as a black woman who wants to finally see a black woman in that kind of ship, I'm disappointed. On the other hand, I honestly don't ship Ichabbie, at least not much. There's just something not quite there for me about it. I would have been happy with Crane being with Caroline and Abbie being with Nick (if they hadn't screwed that up so badly with the sister thing).

But what I do want from this show is a deep connection between the partners and the sense that they are important to each other and like being with one another. I hate that they've been apart for nine months without even a word.

I doubt we'll ever see Ichabbie as an OTP too. Oh the one hand, as an unabashed shipper and as a black woman who wants to finally see a black woman in that kind of ship, I'm disappointed. On the other hand, I honestly don't ship Ichabbie, at least not much. There's just something not quite there for me about it. I would have been happy with Crane being with Caroline and Abbie being with Nick (if they hadn't screwed that up so badly with the sister thing).

But what I do want from this show is a deep connection between the partners and the sense that they are important to each other and like being with one another. I hate that they've been apart for nine months without even a word.

I agree with all of this - except I really do ship them.

I'm going to have to avoid spoiling myself further on this upcoming epi especially relative to reviews (sorry Blackhoney) because I want to go into it reacting as myself, not as someone refuting or agreeing with a pre-existing opinion. At this point I think it's all gravy. The show didn't get cancelled they can either get back to and build upon what made it good or squander a second chance. Either way I'm going to enjoy what there is left to enjoy of characters I adore because of their delightful imperfections and hopefully at the end of it , I'll be looking forward to a well-earned season four instead of regretfully hearing of a cancelation.

At the very least I'll see the two leads reacting to each other without having to brush away dull, scarlet entanglements

• Love 3

Either way I'm going to enjoy what there is left to enjoy of characters I adore because of their delightful imperfections and hopefully at the end of it , I'll be looking forward to a well-earned season four instead of regretfully hearing of a cancelation.

I love you.....

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

I wasn’t really caught up in shipping Ichabbie, but the fact that they seem to be going out of their way not to put them together kind of pisses me off.  Why isn’t Abbie good enough to be Ichabod’s Mrs. Smith?  And why did we need a new kick ass chick?  Oh, wait a minute.   I know why. 

Deuces, Sleepy Hollow.  Let me mosey on back over to the good ship Captain Swan.  It’s the only one I can rely on.

I am actually looking forward to this episode.  This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I don't care if Abbie & Ichabod get together this season.  Their chemistry and connection is strong so I'd like to see them get together eventually but I am not upset if they kiss a couple of frogs before they find each other.  I know shippers are a little depressed with early reports of the ep, but I want a fun story that we can sink our teeth into again, first a foremost.

My hugest concern for all things is that Abbie & Ichabod stay Abbie & Ichabod.  Their connection stays strong, nobody comes between them  and most especially neither Abbie's nor Ichabod's role as lead and the two most important people on the show is usurped.  The threat of Abbie being usurped feels  higher because we already had to suffer through Katrina and now based on the breathless early reports, it does feel with Sexy Betsy that they are trying to throw Ichabod a new partner.  And although I hate the idea of her as a character (it comes off and so very try hard) as long as she does not in any way overshadow Abbie then I'll endure her.  If she turns out to work well in the story I may come to like her -- although the promo picture looks  - again - waaay too try too hard, so i am skeptical. 

• Love 1
Sleepy Hollow‘s Season 2 finale ended with Abbie and Crane in the past. Does Jenny wander roam a different period at any time? –Ramon

So far, there’s no indication that Jenny will travel through time like her sister did last season. But she will traverse a path we haven’t seen before: gainful, legitimate employment. Lyndie Greenwood fans will be happy to hear that the job Jenny has in the premiere is an easy way to keep her deeply enmeshed in the Witnesses’ mission throughout the season. P.S. Our Kim Roots says the premiere is a “solid restart” for the Fox drama and has the potential to bring back to the fold many viewers frustrated by Season 2’s trajectory.

If Sleepy Hollow‘s Crane just up and left Abbie without a word, and they’ve neither seen nor spoken to each other in nine months [at the point Season 3 opens], I imagine their reunion isn’t going to be lovey-dovey. Anything you can tell us? –Bella

It’s not “lovey-dovey,” but it’s also not as contentious as you might imagine — partly because of what’s happened for each of the Witnesses during their absence from each other, and partially because of the circumstances under which they reunite.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 25 2015, 7:39 AM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/09/25/once-upon-a-time-mulan-ruby-spoilers/

Edited by tv echo

I am actually looking forward to this episode.  This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I don't care if Abbie & Ichabod get together this season.  Their chemistry and connection is strong so I'd like to see them get together eventually but I am not upset if they kiss a couple of frogs before they find each other.  I know shippers are a little depressed with early reports of the ep, but I want a fun story that we can sink our teeth into again, first a foremost.

I'm a shipper, but I liked the promo that just came out - it felt very "shippy" to me... deliberate shippy moments, lol. But if I get a strong Ichabbie even without romance with no threats to lead status, I can let go of shipping for now. Just for now, lol.

My hugest concern for all things is that Abbie & Ichabod stay Abbie & Ichabod.  Their connection stays strong, nobody comes between them  and most especially neither Abbie's nor Ichabod's role as lead and the two most important people on the show is usurped.  The threat of Abbie being usurped feels  higher because we already had to suffer through Katrina and now based on the breathless early reports, it does feel with Sexy Betsy that they are trying to throw Ichabod a new partner.  And although I hate the idea of her as a character (it comes off and so very try hard) as long as she does not in any way overshadow Abbie then I'll endure her.  If she turns out to work well in the story I may come to like her -- although the promo picture looks  - again - waaay too try too hard, so i am skeptical.

My thoughts exactly - but I still don't like that she's considered the "sexy" one. NB is far sexier, and so is LG.

Ah, I get it. S1.5 & S2 were CFD time, so to undo all that awfulness, they're doubling down on Ichy's (elusive to me ) sex appeal. S3 is CLL (Crane's Love Life) time:

I’m all for suspending logic to enjoy genre television, but how exactly does Crane get to England with falsified documents on Sleepy Hollow? — Bella

That’s an interesting question that might be answered by this new casting for a potential love interest that comes into Ichabod’s life for a multi-episode arc. “There is a lady on the scene, her name is Zoe Corinth and she’s played by Maya Kazan,” Tom Mison tells me. “She’s introduced because she’s going to help Ichabod fill out the paperwork for his American citizenship. Of course, how could that not blossom into something when there’s something as sexy as paperwork? They’re kindred spirits, but he’s reticent, as you can imagine.”

EW Spoiler Room

I had to pick up my eyes from the floor, because they fell from rolling so hard. I can't wait for yet another spoiler with a different lady falling hard for this loser.

Brownsita warned us, didn't she? The plan was to throw as many ladies as possible at Ichy for the rest of the series.

• Love 1

She totally did warn us, lol. That's probably coloring her ability to be hopeful about what's coming - she's waiting for the "Ichy and his Harem" shoes to drop. And drop they have.

Well, I was kinda expecting this, so eh...

At this point I'm either in or out. Right now I'm in - but warning: Scandal was pretty good and seemed to be a return to the days of yesteryear - so SH will have tough competition.

I think the show is attempting to split hairs. They're trying to pull in a new audience with Nikki Reed, so they're hoping any loss of shippers on SH will be replaced by new fans. I really think that's why they chose the Scandal slot. They WANT to bleed off the shippers. It won't happen, but I think that's their plan.

It will fail, lol.

I think the show is attempting to split hairs. They're trying to pull in a new audience with Nikki Reed, so they're hoping any loss of shippers on SH will be replaced by new fans. I really think that's why they chose the Scandal slot. They WANT to bleed off the shippers. It won't happen, but I think that's their plan.

Bad idea as the show was already struggling last season with the nonsense they pulled and this time around they're in a more competitive time slot.

Bad idea as the show was already struggling last season with the nonsense they pulled and this time around they're in a more competitive time slot.

Yeah - but I think they aren't trying to get the audience they'd lose with that timeslot. I think they pitted against Scandal on purpose to bleed off the shipper base who want Ichabbie.

Stupid, yes, but I think they believe they can't do what they want with the show with us shippers around. *shrugs*

Yeah - but I think they aren't trying to get the audience they'd lose with that timeslot. I think they pitted against Scandal on purpose to bleed off the shipper base who want Ichabbie.

Stupid, yes, but I think they believe they can't do what they want with the show with us shippers around. *shrugs*

I'm not an Ichabbie shipper by any stretch of the imagination. However, everything I've read about the NEW Sleepy Hollow tells me it's just another shitty season. Quite honestly it reminds me of just how horribly bad Falling Skies got. Every time a new show runner took over the show lost more and more of what made the first season work.

I think expecting the show to go back to S1 is a mistake. These guys want to tell their own story and be totally different from the show that came before. Retconning is just the first step. Now, some people might really like SH 2.0 but, for me it's obvious that this is not the show is fell in love with and it's NOT worth my time.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1