Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

This a video from Russell that I found kind of interesting, explaining the reasons why he thinks the 18 winners not present on this season weren't asked back (and may not ever be).  Assuming some of his theories are true, kind of interesting.  It's about half an hour long (and all Russell talking) so fair warning 😉 

I know there have been rumors about JT being blackballed for doing something while GC was filming, and Russell alludes to that, and says he'll never be back as a result.  He also thinks what happened on S39 might have prevented some players who run into trouble after their seasons (Jenna, Todd, Hatch) didn't come back because they didn't want any controversial figures after S39. 

https://youtu.be/fyKupw9-TVA

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Given how little I care for Russell in the game, I'm surprised at how watchable I found his videos. He clearly relishes his self-appointed role of town gossip for the Survivor community. He's also clearly hoping to get asked back—at this point, I suspect it's half for the money (and exposure and another chance to win) and half so that he can dish on the newer players he hasn't met.

• Love 4

I'm not clicking that link, so I have to ask: how much does Russell fluff himself in the video? I can just imagine . . .

"You know, Mark Burnett hisself wanted me on this season. I ain't lyin'! He had nineteen champions on that cast, and he wanted to bring me on board. Russell Hantz, the greatest player that never got to rightfully win the game. Mr. Burnett called me, told me that I could raise all sorts of hell with those fools. Hide machetes, burn supplies, shit in the rice . . . you name it, I woulda done it. But then they found that dumbass Ben guy. You know, the fool what done dance when playin' idols. No dignity, man. But hey, good riddance. I know how it woulda ended . . . me. At the Reunion. Cryin' like the punk that I am."

• LOL 2

He's gone more for a, "I admit I was a shit back in my Survivor days, but I'm different now and would play differently," tone. In general, he's pretty positive about the winners who weren't brought back and who don't have criminal records, save one: Natalie White. He still thinks her win was bullshit and while someone like Earl gets a pass for not wanting to play because he has kids, for Natalie, he points out that Parvati is playing this season, despite having an infant. The bitterness clearly runs deep.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Hera said:

Given how little I care for Russell in the game, I'm surprised at how watchable I found his videos. He clearly relishes his self-appointed role of town gossip for the Survivor community. He's also clearly hoping to get asked back—at this point, I suspect it's half for the money (and exposure and another chance to win) and half so that he can dish on the newer players he hasn't met.

I watched one or two and I was surprised at how much I liked them. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I watched one or two and I was surprised at how much I liked them. 

Yeah, it's easy to see why he was cast in the first place, even if his presence in the game itself wasn't enjoyable (for me, anyway). He's not dull. I had a similar revelation with Candice Woodcock/Cody after hearing her on Rob Cesternino's podcast. I never thought she was a terribly appealing or interesting player, but while I had tuned into the interview just to hear her talk shit about JT (she thinks he has a problem with women), I ended up listening to the whole thing because I found her far more interesting than I had expected to based on her various Survivor edits.

• Love 3

I didn't mind Russell so much his first season, and while I thought Natalie White was kind of an underwhelming winner, I blame editing for that more than anything.  I mean I realize I can make that argument for a lot of winners, but Russell freaking dominated the coverage that season.  After that, his schtick got old.  

But I've listened to a couple of podcasts from him, including one where he talked about his experience playing on Survivor Australia, and dare I say I found him likable?  I knew he was going to get a dig in at Natalie, but he did say he'd like to see her play again (if for any other reason to show why she deserved to win the first time and can play the game).  He also said maybe TPTB couldn't find her, and it does seem like Natalie pretty much fell off the Survivor grid after winning.  That said, I did like his reasoning's why he thought people weren't asked back, and why he was shocked some people weren't. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

So ... I just watched the Russell interview. What happened to JT? 

I think Tom Westman has been in ill health for awhile. 

I'm curious myself.  Russell seemed to emphasize the producers literally bailing him out while he was filming GC.  I heard it had something to do when he was on the pre-merge trip.  So I don't know if it was a legal issue that happened while he was overseas.

I'm kind of curious, too, when he says that when Hatch and Tina were called he doesn't think this was going to be an all winners season, and that one of the reasons they got dropped is when the theme changed (in addition to the controversy surrounding S39, and the Rich/Sue incident from S8 coming back to the forefront if he was cast).

Edited by LadyChatts
16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm curious myself.  Russell seemed to emphasize the producers literally bailing him out while he was filming GC.  I heard it had something to do when he was on the pre-merge trip.  So I don't know if it was a legal issue that happened while he was overseas..

Russell said in another video that after JT and Randy got voted off they both did drugs and got arrested while under sequester. Survivor had to bail JT out of jail. Wow. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This is pretty fun.  Adam is really entertaning as a host.  I love that all these people seem friendly outside the show.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Any word on who's appearing or are they keeping it a secret?

A secret for now, but they also waited about a week before the Sequester Big Brother edition, so they likely won't announce until next weekend, at the earliest (for their social media game last weekend, they waited until a few days before). I'm guessing they're still finalizing who is appearing. 

• Love 1
On 5/2/2020 at 10:05 AM, Jextella said:

This is pretty fun.  Adam is really entertaning as a host.  I love that all these people seem friendly outside the show.

Is this the same Adam that appeared to be falling apart mentally this season?  Wow, what a difference.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The cast reveal is on Saturday!

If this is what I think it is, one of the players has already leaked their participation.

Spoiler

Peih-Gee.

• Love 1

There's a whole LA/California contingent I'd expect to see if Peih-Gee is doing this. I have no inside information, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Adam among them either.

With the news that LA County will likely extend its stay-at-home order through July, I'm guessing that puts a pin in any hope of Survivor filming until at least the fall. And beyond, if second waves of COVID-19 pick up around the country, that could present its own logistical challenges.

I maintain we'll be lucky to get Survivor in 2021 at all.

• Love 4

I wouldn't rule out 2021.  But it's hard to say.  I read elsewhere Fiji has suspended flights until June, though that will probably change.  As with anything, I think it'll just be a waiting game.  They may have to get creative, if they are able to film, but not in Fiji.  I think everywhere is going to be at different points with re-openings and international travel especially.  

• Love 1

So, what’s the closest island outside the U.S. that isn’t Fiji? Just thinking outside the box for the first island opening they could film. Anyone? Not that it matters what’s the nearest or the farthest but since we have time...........

(edited)
Just now, ByaNose said:

So, what’s the closest island outside the U.S. that isn’t Fiji? Just thinking outside the box for the first island opening they could film. Anyone? Not that it matters what’s the nearest or the farthest but since we have time...........

Not outside the US, but I actually mentioned Hawaii at one point.  Tropical paradise, domestic location, and since it's not like they have a true survival environment anymore anyway, if they had to tweak anything they could probably get away with it (like catching food).  I don't know why that would be an issue, but just saying, they feed them enough pizza, pancakes, and PB&J to make up for lack of fish.  Do they even fish anymore?  Is fishing gear a reward like it use to be?  I seriously can't remember.  But yeah, if it's all about Fiji, why not Hawaii?  I suppose the only risk they run is leaks coming out of whose been voted off, although that could happen anywhere.  They go on a pre-jury trip, so why not just keep them secluded somewhere if they can't travel?  Or just do a pre and post jury Ponderosa.

Maybe someone where in the Caribbean if they couldn't shoot in the Pacific.

Edited by LadyChatts
31 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Not outside the US, but I actually mentioned Hawaii at one point.  Tropical paradise, domestic location, and since it's not like they have a true survival environment anymore anyway, if they had to tweak anything they could probably get away with it (like catching food).  I don't know why that would be an issue, but just saying, they feed them enough pizza, pancakes, and PB&J to make up for lack of fish.  Do they even fish anymore?  Is fishing gear a reward like it use to be?  I seriously can't remember.  But yeah, if it's all about Fiji, why not Hawaii?  I suppose the only risk they run is leaks coming out of whose been voted off, although that could happen anywhere.  They go on a pre-jury trip, so why not just keep them secluded somewhere if they can't travel?  Or just do a pre and post jury Ponderosa.

Maybe someone where in the Caribbean if they couldn't shoot in the Pacific.

RHAP said there are always been spoilers. It’s just a matter of looking. That said, I always thought that they did the foreign locations for that exact reason. To avoid spoilers. If they did it in the US there would be drones all over the place. LOL!!!! I guess it all depends what CBS wants......film anywhere or wait till Fiji opens up. 

Just now, ByaNose said:

RHAP said there are always been spoilers. It’s just a matter of looking. That said, I always thought that they did the foreign locations for that exact reason. To avoid spoilers. If they did it in the US there would be drones all over the place. LOL!!!! I guess it all depends what CBS wants......film anywhere or wait till Fiji opens up. 

Oh yeah, I can believe that.  I think back in the day, spoilers maybe were harder to come by.  But nowadays, with how the internet and SM have evolved, and the fact that people know that Survivor films in Fiji, it'd be easy to figure out.  And of course, the contestants and TPTB sometimes slip up as well.  But with a newbie cast, how would anyone know? 

That said, I wonder if there's some kind of commitment CBS/Survivor have with Fiji.  The government there has welcomed them with open arms, and been very accommodating.  They also started giving all the cast members free trips back to Fiji, at least until last season (not sure if they ever did, but I remember Missy commenting on her Twitter that she hadn't heard anything about it yet).  So I don't know if there's any sort of contractual obligation they have to keep filming in Fiji.  Which if so, would be a problem.

(edited)

Here's an interview with Parvati on her Survivor: WAW experience.  It's 27 minutes long, so for those who don't want to watch, here's the highlights:

-She says she wasn't use to the fast pace of the game, and how quickly alliances were made and then broken.  She says when she played before, she had a core loyal group that stuck together.  She does think that people were looking at her as the old Parvati, and that hurt her.  If the fire tokens come back, she advises future players to stock up on them and use them to barter.

-One of her regrets is voting out Natalie first.  She wanted Adam, but he and Ethan are friends, and since Ethan wanted to keep Adam (and Parvati was close with Ethan), she kept him (side note, but this probably explains why Adam was left out of the Ethan vote-I thought it was because he had a big mouth and was ruining plans).  She also said she didn't know how hard Adam was working to get her out until she watched from home.  She wished she had tried to work with Michele and Wendell, as she didn't realize how close they were (she was trying to pit them against each other).  It sounds like the animosity Michele showed for Wendell may have been for show.  

-She was impressed that Sarah continued working with Tony, despite him blindsiding her on the Sophie vote.  She also was impressed with Natalie, Michele, and Tony.  She said it was hard to watch Ben (said he was sensitive out there, that he wants to think he's in charge and may think that at time, but he's not, and people tip toe around him because they don't want to hurt his feelings).  At the 17:30 mark she talked about the battle back challenge coming up, although there wasn't anything spoiler-y about it.

-She was asked if Probst's sideline commentary during challenges is annoying or helpful.  She said it's both.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 4/9/2020 at 3:41 PM, LadyChatts said:

Oh, I don't think it was a bad or stupid move on Adam's part.  As he said, it was worth a shot.  If he'd been right, he would have been spared another 3 days.  It would have made all the chaos leading up to the vote worth it.  Nick would have pouted and gone home.  Who knows, it might have turned the game around for Adam completely. 

Probst said in his Entertainment Weekly interview that the whole reason they don't hide idols at TC is because of what Adam did-they don't want the set getting ransacked.  However, I still say Adam probably planted some sort of seed.  They may plant one in the future, just not in a spot where someone would literally have to rip something apart to retrieve it.

Yeah I did not think that was dumb of Adam either and I am not sure why there was a backlash of people saying it was.  Now my memory is spotty, but I am pretty sure they have hidden Idols at Tribal Council on Australian Survivor.  Maybe someone with a better memory can tell me if I am right or wrong.  I seem to remember someone, was it  David or possibly Harry, finding either an Idol or an advantage at TC.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:08 AM, Hera said:

He's gone more for a, "I admit I was a shit back in my Survivor days, but I'm different now and would play differently," tone. In general, he's pretty positive about the winners who weren't brought back and who don't have criminal records, save one: Natalie White. He still thinks her win was bullshit and while someone like Earl gets a pass for not wanting to play because he has kids, for Natalie, he points out that Parvati is playing this season, despite having an infant. The bitterness clearly runs deep.

He says that, but he sort of played nearly the exact same way when he was on Australian Survivor.

I came across a mini Survivor Pearl Islands reunion hosted by Fairplay on YouTube yesterday.  I was shocked that it first aired seventeen years ago. The guests were Jonny, Sandra, Burton, Savage, and Trish.  It was pretty fun and informative to watch, though Savage sort of dominated the conversation. 

Here are some of the stuff I remember...

-One of the funny things they talked about was, the reason why Lil was voted back into the game was because Michelle and Nicole did not want Lil coming with them on their pre-jury vacation. 

-Sandra said that Pearl Islands will always be her favorite season she was on.

-Savage is still very bitter about The Outcast twist and he seemed to bristle at the mere mention of it.

-Savage and Sandra both confirmed that they put tablets in the tribe's water in order to purify it. They did not do this on Peal Islands.  Savage said that Lex from Africa got messed up for years because he drank unpurified water (Though he did not say if it was when he was on Africa or All-Stars).

-We already know this but Sandra hates EOI and would rather have the game played like it originally was.

- Jonny talked about Rupert's book and he said the first few chapters of the book was Rupert complaining about people who he felt screwed him over in his personal life.  Like someone promised to give Rupert so much money to build a deck and then paid him a hundred dollars less.  It was funnier when Fairplay said it.

-Both Burton and Trish want to play again.  Sandra said she was retired but then smirked when asked if there was a certain amount of money that would get her out of retirement.

-Trish still doesn't believe that the village lady was flirting with her.  Sandra was like, "No trust me, she was flirting with you."

It was a pretty long video but it was very interesting to watch.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 1
(edited)

-One of the funny things they talked about was, the reason why Lil was voted back into the game was because Michelle and Nicole did not want Lil coming with them on their pre-jury vacation. 

🤣

-Savage and Sandra both confirmed that they put tablets in the tribe's water in order to purify it. They did not do this on Peal Islands.  Savage said that Lex from Africa got messed up for years because he drank unpurified water (Though he did not say if it was when he was on Africa or All-Stars).

Maybe this explains why he's still so bitter about Rob after all these years.  The water did something to him (and if I had to guess, I'd say it was Africa).  That said, I know we've heard through the years of contestants coming back and being quite ill (Katie from Palau had something wrong with her heart upon returning, Joe said he was really sick after Cambodia and declined going on Game Changers as a result, Sierra got really sick after Game Changers).  I don't know if it was water related or not, however.

- Jonny talked about Rupert's book and he said the first few chapters of the book was Rupert complaining about people who he felt screwed him over in his personal life.  Like someone promised to give Rupert so much money to build a deck and then paid him a hundred dollars less.  It was funnier when Fairplay said it.

Again, this might explain why Rupert feels some sort of entitlement at the game and like he's owed something just for being him.

-Both Burton and Trish want to play again.  Sandra said she was retired but then smirked when asked if there was a certain amount of money that would get her out of retirement.

I had to go look up who Trish was, because the only Trish I remember is the one from S28.  I'd give a pass on Burton returning again.  His blindside was one of the best parts of Pearl Islands, and then the Outcast Twist had to ruin all of that.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Man, do I miss the days when this was a regular thing.

And awww, they put Amber and Rob one right after the other! 🥰

(edited)

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-ben-driebergen-finale-winners-at-war-interview/

Ben's logic on his move he made last night with Sarah:

Let’s get right to it because it's the question everyone's asking. You're sitting there, there are only five players left, you're probably the best fire maker in the bunch. Nothing in this game's ever guaranteed, but the road is wide open for you to get to the final three. It would be your second straight game of going the distance, and then you give permission to Sarah to vote you out. Now, I'm watching this to myself and I'm thinking, "No way does Ben do this if he thinks he has a chance of winning at the end." And I saw you even joke at one point that you weren't very popular out there after having the disadvantage played on you and not getting any advantages or Fire Tokens sent your way. So, is that what part of this decision was about, you reading the writing on the wall with the jury?

Absolutely. When Michele's getting all these game tokens, and I'm getting disadvantaged from the Edge played on me, you can kind of gauge as how the jury — because that's who's over there on the Edge — is perceiving your game. And so when Natalie came back in and told us everything about what was going on, I knew I wasn't respected on the jury. I played very hard, I built a lot of relationships, and then those relationships fell apart and ultimately ended up hurting me in the long run. And so I really didn't want to go and get crucified. At the end of the jury, with the way I conducted my game, I just wanted to get to the end, kind of deal. And so I knew I was in for a hurting.

Survivor takes a huge mental toll on you. And coming home, wondering if you'd won a million dollars? And so knowing that Sarah, Tony, and I took it to the end and I would get scraped across the coals there, mentally coming home and trying to deal with if I had won $2 million or whatever, it just wasn't something where I wanted to be at life. I'm happy where I'm at in life. And I want $2 million, but Tony winning the game and being perceived as the biggest target and the best one to win was factual, right? He played a heck of a game out there. And when I lost that challenge, Sarah and I had talked about possibly taking Tony out. Like, we knew Tony was a big threat, but our goal was to get to the end.

And so after Tony won his last immunity, it was like, Tony is going to win this for sure. And Sarah was my number one. Tony was my number two. I wasn't going to write Tony's name down to leave. And I still had my little loyalty with Sarah. And that's what it came down to was I really wanted to help her out and I didn't want her to feel like she was getting dragged to the end by Tony or myself. Because the three of us worked really hard from the merge on to stay together and do all this crazy stuff, even after the Sophie blindside. But I credited it to because we're all very paranoid and high-strung people, and so we could do that with each other, we could bounce it off each other. And then that's why I think we worked so good with each other.

And what his deal was with Jeremy:

We saw that you and Jeremy having this sort of mini-feud, but we never really understood what it was about or where it started or how it happened. Is there any sort of light you can shed on that?

You asked me before the game, "Who do you want to work with?" And Jeremy was one of the guys I wanted to work with. Day one, we hit the beach and I am just scared. I'll be honest. I'm nervous like, "Holy cow, I'm out on the beach." Jeremy is a firefighter, and I was in the military, so for me, it was comfortable to talk with him and Tony and Sarah. And so day one, I was like, "Okay, well, we can have that bond." And so I went to him and fully just opened up, was like, "Dude, I respect your game. I respect who you are. I really want to work with you. And I think if you and I can stick together and get to the merge, we can hook up with Tony and Sarah. And we can get to the end."

And so he's like, "Yeah. Yeah." He's giving me the go ahead. And so then we start walking up these stairs and he's behind me. And I turn around and look, and he's giving the, "This guy's is a clown," look to the camera. And so I called him out at him. I was like, "Jeremy, what are you doing, dude?" And he's like, "Oh, I'm just doing my thing. And y'all let me do my thing." And I'm like, "Okay. So this is how Survivor works." I got to let him do his thing. I can't blow up. I can't get mad." Initially I'm like, "Oh man, this is not good." But it is the card I was dealt at that time. I just forfeited all my information to him. He was not having it. And he got caught not having it. But I had to let that go and try to work with him and build that bond with him.

And then it got down to the end, and you look on the jury and who's over there, and everybody's going to vote for Jeremy because he is likable. And he is a nice guy. But in the game of Survivor, you have to have targets and you have to put targets on people's back. And, unfortunately, Jeremy had all his friends with the poker alliance, the old schoolers, he's a very likable man. I couldn't be in the game with him anymore. And so that's what it came down to targeting Jeremy. And the game makes you very stressed. The game is a $2 million game and we butted heads and there's editing that wasn't shown and everything like that. But what it boils down to is, it's just a game. And I respect Jeremy as a man and as a winner and as a Survivor player and as a firefighter. So there's no hard feelings between Jeremy and I. And I wish him and Val and the kids all the best.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

In case you didn't know, Survivor still has their stuff auctioned off for charity at the end of a season. Lots of props ranging from incidental to highly-featured. Right now, the item with the lowest bid is the Metal Grabber Piece ($89), followed by Rope Netting ($102.50) and Ceramic Jug 1 ($103.50). Those three items were set design props, and they don't have Probst's signature involved. Apparently, he's the only one signing stuff.

The items getting the highest bids so far? Well, there's the Immunity Idol that I said was mailed in by the arts department ($7,900; turns out the "eyes" were Fire Tokens), followed by Rob's Torch ($6,100; seriously, how often was that used on the show?) and the Immunity Necklace ($4,050). And if you're into gauging player popularity, here are the individual torches, sorted from highest to lowest bids.

Here's Erik's take on the last few minutes of the finale:

I felt underwhelmed by his last few works (including last week's Tony chilling in his Spy Nest), though he gets points for coming up with usernames for most of the cast.

Meanwhile, Reality Blurred weighs in on the finale.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Here's an interview with Sarah, and this seems to explain Ben's feelings at the end pretty well.  I'm thinking this cast maybe got a good edit from some of the exit stuff I'm reading, and were more bitter than shown.

https://parade.com/1038072/mikebloom/survivor-40-sarah-lacina-exit-interview/

One of those critical relationships you made was with Ben. Surprisingly, we saw him approach you at the Final Five and say you could vote him out to help bolster your winning case. What was your reaction to that?

Clearly, I was never going to go with Michele and Natalie. I was not going to vote out Ben. But as I said before, the final few days are like a marathon. You are wiped out. I could see it on his face. Natalie had been so nasty to him, telling him that the whole jury hates him and beating him down. Then we would go to Tribal, and he would see the jury roll their eyes at him. I think he looked at the situation like, “I don’t stand a chance. They won’t even give me a chance.”

It’s unfortunate. The people who ruined his reputation were people who went to the Edge premerge. In a typical season of Survivor, they wouldn’t be on the jury. And Ben would be sitting there with a shot at the Final Five. But when you get voted out, and you’re bitter, you can really wreck someone’s game. So when Natalie came back and made that clear to him, he thought, “I don’t want her or Michele winning. If anything, I want Sarah to win. If it can’t be me, I want it to be you.” Just like what I said about Tony.

He wanted to show that I wasn’t just doing what Tony wanted, and I controlled the game just as much as he had. It sucked, and I didn’t want to happen. But after thinking long and hard about it, I realized it was an opportunity I had to take. Otherwise, I don’t know if I have a shot at beating Tony.

This is also why pre-mergers should have nothing to do with the end game of Survivor.  Give them a chance to come back once, and then their chance is over.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

As for where to hold Survivor if they can't get back to Fiji-well, I say what about Catalina?  Yes, I'm being silly, but it would cut down on production costs...

Oh wait, there's also Alcatraz Island-that really opens up possibilities about challenges...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I do wonder if the the cast of 41 that was thisclose to heading out will be the same cast whenever Season 41 finds a date, time & location to film?! Will the theme they had set originally be changed altogether or kept but for a different location? There are so many unknowns but I’m guessing we’ll know something (spoilers probably) that they have left to film the season. All of this uncertainty is almost as exciting as the season itself. 

3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm thinking this cast maybe got a good edit from some of the exit stuff I'm reading, and were more bitter than shown.

Yea, the Ponderosa with Denise makes me think there was a lot of nastiness that wasn't shown. It's too bad, I live for that kind of drama lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I do wonder if the the cast of 41 that was thisclose to heading out will be the same cast whenever Season 41 finds a date, time & location to film?! Will the theme they had set originally be changed altogether or kept but for a different location? There are so many unknowns but I’m guessing we’ll know something (spoilers probably) that they have left to film the season. All of this uncertainty is almost as exciting as the season itself. 

I would be surprised.  I guess it depends where everyone is at.  I have a hard time believing that everyone will suddenly be able to leave work again (for those who fortunately still have a job to go to when this is all said and done), and maybe don't have the child care options they may have had before, or aren't in a financial position to miss work or turn down work for a month+.  And Jeff, during the finale, made it seem like they were determined to have a season, but it was still up in the air (like the theme, which they will probably change if they have to heavily re-cast).  I'm still creeped out by him encouraging 16 year olds to apply.  Didn't he say they were looking for young?  After last season and Feely Dan, is that really a good idea?  In addition, when you have grown adults this season deleting their SM accounts because they can't take the online abuse, would they really subject a teenager to that?

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, the Ponderosa with Denise makes me think there was a lot of nastiness that wasn't shown. It's too bad, I live for that kind of drama lol.

Just makes me think they were protecting some people 😉  Natalie especially sounds like she was a piece of work out there.  This is why Sandra should have stuck around, she would have whipped everyone into shape on EOE.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

If there was ever a thought in my mind that I could go on Survivor, the discussion in that article about pooping killed it forever.

There are two main reasons I could never go on Survivor:

Number one, if I don't eat regularly, I get killer headaches.

Number two

(edited)

From Sarah's Parade interview:

5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Natalie had been so nasty to him, telling him that the whole jury hates him and beating him down. Then we would go to Tribal, and he would see the jury roll their eyes at him. I think he looked at the situation like, “I don’t stand a chance. They won’t even give me a chance.”

I wonder if this is actually true or if it was a strategic move on Natalie's part to demoralize Ben, sort of the other side of the "oh everyone loves Tony. Tony is totally winning if you let him get to the end" gambit. I don't know what the goal would be though, if she was trying to get him to quit or just turn on Tony and take him out so he'd have something on his resume. In any case, I doubt they all hated him. Adam disliked him, and Jeremy and Rob might have found him annoying, but the rest of them seemed to either like him or not really have an opinion. Then probably one or two people on the jury rolled their eyes or made a face when Ben spoke (or maybe it was just Jeremy's natural resting asshole face), but it got magnified for Ben because of what Natalie said.

Whether or not it's true, it was a dick move on Natalie's part to tell him that. If she watched his season, which I assume she did, she would know how ostracized he was. And Ben does seem pretty immature so I don't see him shrugging that kind of thing off the way, for example, someone like Tony or Sandra could.

Trying to decide if I want to read the poop article. 🤔

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6

https://www.theringer.com/2020/5/11/21252585/survivor-dictionary-terminology-explained

Some of these are accurate, but some are ... way off. Who uses "plurality vote" instead of "vote-split?" Also, a mactor is an outdated term, because I feel like those who want more Instagram followers just apply now (versus being recruited). Also "Extinction Island" was a term Boston Rob made up, not the place it actually was. Do some fact-checking, The Ringer.

But the main reason I'm posting this? We finally have a date for when contestants stopped getting bathing suits. It was fall 2018, David vs Goliath, and it was Tyler Perry's fault.

And also: it's the family visit, not the loved one's visit. [/oldschool forever]

And also also: Fiji wasn't a bitter jury, who gave you your information, The Ringer?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The cast for the Sequester Mini: Survivor Edition:

That is quite the random assortment. Not quite what I would call my "favorite castaways", either, considering that there are three people on there I'd rather never deal with again and many I'm neutral on. But I'm sure they're somebody's favorites.

18 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

That is quite the random assortment. Not quite what I would call my "favorite castaways", either, considering that there are three people on there I'd rather never deal with again and many I'm neutral on. But I'm sure they're somebody's favorites.

Agreed, but I can only imagine how many Survivor players are interested in playing, or who CAN play. I'm still unfamiliar with a few of these players (haven't gotten around to some of these seasons) but I DO recognize most, which is impressive for me, seeing as I've only watched maybe 16/40 seasons, I think. I wasn't expecting any high-brow popular characters, not unless they're also big online people as well. I'm just glad there are names who ARE recognizable to me.

Not that I'm rooting for anyone hardcore....but meh, we'll see how things go next Saturday. 

Also, for anyone who doesn't know what Sequester is, think of it as a Big Brother/Survivor hybrid that's online. The games are, on average, five hours so it's a time commitment for sure, but I've been watching the games that they play every weekend faithfully for the last three weeks, and they're a lot of fun. I suggest checking out some of their past games, even if you just watch a little bit of one (a couple of rounds, to see how it goes).

I suggest watching the RHAP one, because Rob Cesternino played in that one, or the BB US vs BB Can one, if you know Big Brother at all. They're under Mini Replays on the Sequester site. 

There are also games tonight, tomorrow night, and Friday night. Tonight is an All Stars edition from some players from the last seven weeks that they've been playing these. 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:34 AM, Lantern7 said:

In case you didn't know, Survivor still has their stuff auctioned off for charity at the end of a season. Lots of props ranging from incidental to highly-featured. Right now, the item with the lowest bid is the Metal Grabber Piece ($89), followed by Rope Netting ($102.50) and Ceramic Jug 1 ($103.50). Those three items were set design props, and they don't have Probst's signature involved. Apparently, he's the only one signing stuff.

The items getting the highest bids so far? Well, there's the Immunity Idol that I said was mailed in by the arts department ($7,900; turns out the "eyes" were Fire Tokens), followed by Rob's Torch ($6,100; seriously, how often was that used on the show?) and the Immunity Necklace ($4,050). And if you're into gauging player popularity, here are the individual torches, sorted from highest to lowest bids.

Here's Erik's take on the last few minutes of the finale:

I felt underwhelmed by his last few works (including last week's Tony chilling in his Spy Nest), though he gets points for coming up with usernames for most of the cast.

Meanwhile, Reality Blurred weighs in on the finale.

This one is actually one of my favorites - if for no other reason than the image of (presumably) Peachy’s wife standing in the door to Probst’s set (aka the garage) and asking, “WHERE IS OUR CAR?”  😆

• LOL 3