Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

It is clear to me that the next season of Sister Wives will be a very poorly acted dramatization about the struggles and dissension in the family.  Will she or won't she leave times 3, wrapped around the birth of the Princess.  It's all an act, there will be some reconciliation and they will all stay together.  That is, until the TLC money stops and the show is over.  At that point the family will break up.

And what will the new Princess be named?  I personally think Semolina would go nicely with Solomon.

• Love 6

I think next season will heavily focus on Maddie's engagement/wedding prep.  Also of course the new baby  but they will get to wax on about how lucky Caleb is to have 4 mothers-in-law, we monogamists will never be able to understand how hilarious/special/wonderful that can be. How wacky is a plyg kid's wedding party - Who do you choose to be the maid of honor etc. 

• Love 2

I still think wife #5 is coming. Kody can't stop fathering children just because Robin is getting long in the tooth.

She's actually sort of dragged her feet by plyg standards as far as bringing the spirit-children down to earth or whatever.  I remember how psyched she was in the beginning about having all the other wives help her with her kids. I would bet she is not wanting to keep on having more as she would probably have to have the next one pretty darn quick, then she would have two still at home even when Sol goes to school.  Two that would still be in diapers and even with the older girls sort of helping, it would still be a zoo and remind Kody of the old insane days when the other two wives had a crazy amount of kids at once. 

Then before too long,  #4's kids would move past the oh, look at the sweet little babies, and become yet another herd of kids vying for attention, trading whatever colds/flu, fighting and drama, needing clothes, braces etc., the mom having all these issues and needs concerning the kids that were more serious and pressing than lying in bed in gossamer nighties singing lullabies... and all the dreamlike quality of the beginning of their relationship when everything was new and not as hard would be gone. 

She doesn't want a third and will stall it until it is too late, or not a good idea or secretly prevent it or claim problems etc. Hence, she would rather have #5 come on board to become the endless baby-machine than enter the scenario I described.  But she is not going to sell it to him that way, to say, hey I'm done having kids- so here's how she sells him on this.

"but KOH-DEEEEE, the only kid even comparable in age to our kids together is Truly, and we don'   rilly hang out- but if you have #5, our younger kids will have siblings closer in age, I want our kids to have all these half-siblings like your older kids had, blah blah blabbity blah blah. I'm doin' this fer you n' fer our kids....' (cries)

Tell me you don't totally see some BS like this happening...

• Love 1

I don't know... I feel like Robyn already doesn't like sharing Kody with the wives he already has.  I can't imagine her being okay with him having one more wife in the mix to deal with.  Plus I don't think Kody would go for it.  With everything going on with Meri, his issues with Christine, and now Robyn becoming super bossy, I wouldn't think he'd want to take on another wife that might turn into a nightmare!

• Love 5

I don't think Kadoofus spares a thought to any of the wives at this point beyond how their plans will affect the ratings.  He knows he can't survive without the TLC income so he'll do anything he needs to do to keep that train rolling. That includes taking another wife and Hatchet Face be damned.

• Love 9

If the show truly pulled back the curtain, it could be saved. Let us see the conflict and tension, unfiltered. Bring in a producer from the "Real Wives..." Franchise. I can't watch another season of manufactured smiles and tears. Give us something to work with, please!

• Love 6

If the show truly pulled back the curtain, it could be saved. Let us see the conflict and tension, unfiltered. Bring in a producer from the "Real Wives..." Franchise. I can't watch another season of manufactured smiles and tears. Give us something to work with, please!

Amen to this! I'd LOVE to hear the real truth, especially from Christine. I'd even pay extra to see one or more wives dump Kody and peace the F outta there. 

• Love 2

A young lady named Mindy Jessop is excited about being a part of Maddie's big mistake wedding.  How is she related to Robyn's ex-husband?

https://twitter.com/mindy_CJ66/status/683420323782381568

This tidbit from the Principle (F-LDS) Tumblr should make their connection clear as mud. The "family wreath" is a twisted mess with these people. Every damned one of them is somehow related. Even spouses have blood relatives in common somewhere in the mash. Sister Wives certainly glosses over this snarled rat's nest of connections, though!

Mindy Jessop (Melinda Jessop) is Robyn Brown’s step-niece. Mindy’s mother is Lisa Sullivan. Lisa Sullivan in turn is a daughter of Paul Howard Sullivan Sr. (Robyn’s stepfather) and Robyn’s other mother Carol Sullivan (still don’t know her maiden name).

Mindy’s father (Lisa Sullivan’s husband) is Michael Jessop. Michael Jessop is a son of Morris Y. Jessop. Morris in turn was a son of Joseph Lyman Jessop Sr. and Rachel Maleta Porter.

Robyn’s ex-husband David Preston Jessop is a son of Morris Y. Jessop’s half-brother & first cousin Louis LaMar Jessop (Louis LaMar Jessop’s father was also Joseph Lyman Jessop Sr., but his mother was Winnie Porter - a full sister of Morris Y. Jessop’s mother Rachel Maleta Porter).

–> Robyn Brown’s stepsister Lisa Sullivan is married to a first cousin of Robyn’s ex-husband.

• Love 3

How now brown cow to that.   speaking of which, I don't know about you guys, but I'm good with them  not having to have the next kid's arrival- which should be any minute now- be on TV.

• Love 2

I wish I could convince Maddie not to get married and finish college.

Let's focus on the adult conflict. Let the kids be kids and let them remain on the peripheral, not central characters. I'd like to see day to day management of the home, wives interacting by themselves,, Kody taking them on group dates, etc. Call me TLC, my consultancy fees are low.

• Love 2

I wish I could convince Maddie not to get married and finish college. Let's focus on the adult conflict. Let the kids be kids and let them remain on the peripheral, not central characters. I'd like to see day to day management of the home, wives interacting by themselves,, Kody taking them on group dates, etc. Call me TLC, my consultancy fees are low.

Yep, that's basically what viewers were hoping to see when this whole thing started. We got a tiny smidgen of it in the first couple of episodes--Christine showing us her food stamp pantry and burning bread to a crisp under the broiler, Logan waking his younger siblings and preparing them a hot breakfast, a half-awake Kody wandering from unit to unit with his hair in a veritable fright wig of stiffening day-old product, the whole family pitching in to clear brush in the yard, the wives helping Christine move her bedroom furniture around, and the kids running to Meri to have her help pull a loose tooth. Those simple daily routines and how the adults worked through the intricacies of plural marriage were actually interesting to me. Fast forward to "Polygamy...Vegas Style!" and their endless primping, bloviating, and outright phony bullshitting, and I can't stand another minute. I hang out here for the snark and the threadbare hope that Kody will knock Robyn off her high perch with an absolutely darling young and fertile fifth wife.

• Love 13

I haven't even watched the show in 2 years. Not necessary.

And IMO no woman of any value would hook up with this motley, dysfunctional bunch.

I'm relieved I don't HAVE to watch the show in order to keep abreast of their bullshit (thanks to everyone still willing to take one for the team...)

I agree that no one with any substance would come within ten light years of the Browns. Which still leaves their legions of weird admirers. If Kody put out a casting call for #5, women would be crawling out of the woodwork.

• Love 4

I feel the blame for season 7 rests firmly on the shoulders of Joshua Duggar... Sister wives was barely hanging by a thread pre scandal, but once 19 kids and counting was out it opened the door for the Browns, and they swung that door wide opening insuring another season by having divorce/marriage/adoption/pregnancy/new boyfriend/trips and even though it didn't happen on the season Maddies engagement was imminent.

I wonder if Sam has anything to say about this season.

• Love 1

TLC should send JO a cookie bouqet or pay her next bail bond.  Actually, Kody and them should thank JO for saving the show.  They have massive mortgages that they can barely afford.  Hell, they can't even afford to pay for their garbage removal!

• Love 6

Second time today I've read "Kody's 18th child." Revisionist history. Ariella Mae Clampett is the 15th child born to Kody Brown by a woman he impregnated. Yes, he is also the legal guardian (or some damn thing) to three bonus kids from Robyn's first marriage, but no matter how many scary portraits Robyn commissions, she just gave birth to Kody's 15th child.

• Love 1

I'm not arguing Kody's legal tie to Robyn's three oldest chidren. He is Dad to all 18 kids, but the term "18th" is ordinal, and in ordinal term Ariella is Kody's 15th child. She is Robyn's 5th child. She is their 2nd child together. Ordinal numbers are specifically used to indicate sequence.

I understand I'm splitting hairs, but Robyn in particular and the Browns in general are historical revisionists, fabulists, and liars, and even though Kody is their legal guardian, IMO claiming that the new baby is "Kody's 18th child" is playing with terminology in a way that specifically panders to their tendency to embroider the facts.

• Love 2

Any word on when the new season will begin?

If they're not going to touch the Catfish issue, the season is going to be so boring.

Episode Template: "Today we're going to visit our friends at //company that will give them free shit// to do //free activity//." Christine cries.

• Love 2
Episode Template: "Today we're going to visit our friends at //company that will give them free shit// to do //free activity//." Christine cries.

The only thing I would change is "insert name here" cries.

Let's be real, there is just nothing compelling about this group of losers.  There never really was but the promise of some education about polygamy was somewhat intriguing.  However the only thing they have educated us about is how stupid they think monogamists are while concurrently making polygamy just about the last choice any sane adult would make.

I haven't watched it in a couple of years, just get my info from the forums. I can't stand any of them and even the catfishing debacle does't interest me in the least.  Just about the only think that would get me to watch would be seeing them evicted and watching them wring their hands and wail about persecution.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 3

Good thing it wasn't Christine's baby, with all of her creative spelling the kid would have been "Areola" Ha!!!

No--isn't Christine the one who loves to insert "y" in her kid's names? She would have spelled the baby's name "Aryella",