Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Too Little, Too Late / Paris 75001

• Start Topic

Not to defend Andrea or the show (oh, who am I kidding, I'm totally defending Andrea because I felt bad for her for the entire run) but it made sense for her to call herself a "card carrying liberal." It was a thing back then because of George Bush's '88 campaign against Michael Dukakis. Bush's entire campaign was based on Dukakis being a card carrying liberal (because he was an ACLU member) plus a lot of related mudslinging.

• Love 4

+1 for Donna being funny at that moment. The scene itself is the one moment of comedic gold in this series. TS's timing in response to "It's brains" is excellent.

Edited by marny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I say it's funny!  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I thought the plaid shirt girl looked familiar too, but I've never seen anything she's credited for. She's like a cross between Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Melissa Rivers.

On a related note, I found that interview Tiffani-Amber Thiessen did with Sassy around this time, where she talks about how great her boyfriend Brian Austin Green's music is, among other dubious things.

• Love 3

I could be very very wrong, but I heard that Shannon gave/ran the pledge of allegiance at the republican convention that year?  Is that why there was a political subplot in her honor and/or snark?  At this point, I thought that there was tension between Shannon and, well, everyone.

Which was why she was sent away to Paris.  Supposedly she and Tori were having a lot of fun partying. Aren't I veritable font of potentially mis-remembrance?  I am sure someone remembers the whole drama better and can correct me.

I still love the moment of sexual tension between Dylan and Kelly after the tug-of-war contest.  I thought they had good chemistry that "summer."

Oh David, your summer music is...words fail me.  /cue cheesy music.  I hope you guys play that ALL this summer of deception recaps.

Tory and her brains adventure.  Was this one of her "I want to be a comic actress so let me make up stuff" moments?

• Love 4

That Brandon head-in-the-sand needs to be the subject of a Photoshop Battle a la reddit.

Just on the GIF I think Tori's "brainsyuck" moment looks funny -- I think as you said b/c she's not being a try-hard.

Poor Ohndrea. But these writers are insane -- I can believe that Brandon would feel the loss of his pining admirer, but I cannot believe that he'd go so far as to kiss her / try to start something with her -- as horrible as he is.

Were we supposed to feel sorry for Brandon when Andrea found someone that actually loved her and cared about her? Once again your podcasts make this show so much more interesting and funny than it probably was in its original viewing. And Wesley the cat should appear in every podcast visual aid; he's a very cute kitty.

• Love 3

Kelly being all, "And we're stuck here, miserable" is a little rich given she was supposed to be on that trip and she chose, of her own free will, to skip it because she wanted to hang out with her sister.

And it's funny you mention Amy Lochane because I wanna say that Jake had...whoever Amy Lochane played...pretend to be his lady friend to drive Kelly away because he realized he was no good for her.  Or something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Kelly being all, "And we're stuck here, miserable" is a little rich given she was supposed to be on that trip and she chose, of her own free will, to skip it because she wanted to hang out with her sister.

I was thinking the same thing.

Dear David T. Cole: Those music drops made my day. I laughed at every one of them.

• Love 2

I love that Brandon is so obviously braying even up to his neck in sand. Hard to believe no one finished the job just because of that.

Yep. The most unrealistic thing about this show is no one (starting with Henry) came over to dump a few bucketloads over his stupid face while they had a chance. 

• Love 2

It's funny, but it's mostly Doherty, I think. Her hair looks awesome in this episode. I think this might be peak Brenda hair era.

Dylan/Kelly- still annoying after all these years. Brandon hitting on Andrea because she has a boyfriend is just so gross and stupid. Shut up, show.

• Love 5