Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/07/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Monday, December 07 – Republican presidential candidate and former governor Mike Huckabee; zookeeper Jack Hanna with animals; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices, hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday, December 08 – Wendy Williams (“Sit Down Tour…Too Real For Standup"); Babyface (singer- songwriter).

Wednesday, December 09 – Day of Hot Topics; Ron Howard (“In the Heart of the Sea”).

Thursday, December 10– Raven-Symoné’s 30th Birthday Celebration! Andy Cohen (“Watch What Happens Live”).

Friday, December 11 – The cast of “Downton Abbey,” featuring Hugh Bonneville, Phyllis Logan, Allen Leech and Kevin Doyle.

So Huckabee's gonna show up no doubt and stick his foot in his mouth in some offensive way as per usual. CCB will be licking his shoe.

Raven's Bday may be unwatchable for me. BAH.

I do like Ron Howard and Jack Hanna, so there's that.

• Love 5

I hope Joy is there today to counter Huckabee.

Me too! If I had my way I'd have Joy there everyday and as mod everyday.

Hey, maybe this has been asked and I missed it somehow, but don't Paula and CCB cover the same demographic as 40 ish married mom churchy conservatives? I vote keep Paula and let CCB stay home or whatever she does.

• Love 7

Just my opinion, but I believe CCB was hired to fill the "opposing" seat. Paula was brought in from the news department and inadvertently shared her personal views, which happened to align closely to CCB's.

In other words, TPTB have been throwing multiple items at this show to see what sticks.

• Love 6

Just my opinion, but I believe CCB was hired to fill the "opposing" seat. Paula was brought in from the news department and inadvertently shared her personal views, which happened to align closely to CCB's.

In other words, TPTB have been throwing multiple items at this show to see what sticks.

Totally agree.  Paula will probably take over as moderator when WG leaves.  I would like to see Joy as moderator as someone previously posted, but I don't think Joy wants it.  Who'd want to rein in Raven every five minutes?

• Love 5

First time I've tuned in in weeks and have decided that even the mere sight of Whoopi & the sound of her voice just repulses me, so ... click.   Who knew that someone could rival my hatred for the loathsome Sharon Osbourne?  And who knew it would be Whoopi Goldberg, of all people?  I just can't voluntarily tune in to watch someone so less deserving of being there anymore.  The Captain O' The Ship has officially sunk it, in my books. 

I have already watched the entire final season of Downton Abbey (minus the upcoming Xmas special)  because  I got my hands on the shows that have already aired in the UK and it is so very good, for those of you who are fans. 

Lastly, Candace needs a new colourist because her former blonde hair is now pinky-beige with a side of brass.  Someone isn't using the proper developer or leaving it on long enough or something.   And my wish for Christmas is that someone stuffs Whoopi's stocking with bras instead of weed.  Because her in that red sweater right now?  No. 

• Love 10

Blech. Jack Hanna is the only reason I haven't tuned out.

Whoopi is a gun-totin' member of the NRA. Suckabee is a master of not answering a direct question, and he doesn't want to take anything, even ASSAULT RIFLES, away from law-abiding citizens.

I think Michelle is used to turning the next word over to Whoopi. It's just safer that way.

• Love 4

Was there any reason for a show today? UGH!

No Joy, Whoopi says the President's speech was for kids, and CCB needs to learn to pronounce "Maksim".

Didn't watch much after that and wasted my time on what I did watch!

• Love 6

Was there any reason for a show today? UGH!

No Joy, Whoopi says the President's speech was for kids, and CCB needs to learn to pronounce "Maksim".

Didn't watch much after that and wasted my time on what I did watch!

LOL, how does she pronounce it?

Wow Huckabee straight up did not answer the question about assault rifles.

I don't want any POTUS to telegraph to the enemy what our plans are unless it is a deliberate misleading ploy. I also don't want any POTUS, current or future, to appear rattled or "emotional" (=CCB). In televised speeches POTUS should treat the enemy like they are not a big deal ....even if they totally ARE - don't let them know that.  I recall that one president (which one?) went to play a relaxing, calm round of golf while something horrifying was going on. It was on purpose to let the enemy know that they are no big threat, as in, "See? I'm shooin' some balls and takin' a think cuz we got this." Well, you get my drift. :) 

Why were all these 6 hosts listed  in the intro and then no Joy? BOO! (And no Raven, but I was totes OK with that.)

Agreed about CCB's hair. Yikes. I thought it was our TV, but .... wow the color. IDK what happened.

Also, wasn't there a mass shooting (defined as 4 or more dead IIRC) in Georgia on the same day as the San Bernardino shooting? Was it less than four so that is why we dont' hear anything? Those people lost loved ones too. Or maybe Im confused. Anyway, I'm glad they asked Huckabee  about the assault gun issue. IDK the answer. Are metal detectors for entrances that expensive? Am I being too simplistic  with that notion? Can bombs be detected in that situation? IDK.

I hate that grey streak on London's hair. It looks very skunky to me.

I thought Maks and Peta had broken up, but what do I know.

• Love 4

I can't take CCB and Paula wanting President Obama to freak out and show some "passion". I wish Joy had been there to counter them. I refuse to watch that asinine fool Huckabee, and Stacy London annoys me to no end, so I turned off the damn show. I'll try it tomorrow when Joy is back.

• Love 9

Man, this panel drives me nuts. I personally don't WANT a President who freaks out, I want someone better than me. Someone who talks calmly with common sense to keep me from freaking out. CCB has said before that she wants Obama to show passion. I totally disagree. I want him to be the Calmer-in-Chief. And Candace, how he says something isn't important, it's what he does that matters. Does she not remember that the U.S. invaded the WRONG FREAKING COUNTRY and totally destabilized it a few minutes after 9/11 happened? That's what happens when Presidents act "with passion." Give me cool, calm and collected any day.

On the same page, Whoopi was INSANE in her response to CCB's and Paula's criticisms of the President's speech. Another example of her losing her mind when someone dares to disagree with her. She is out of control. I am growing to dislike her extremely intensely. This is coming from someone who shares her admiration of Obama, but can't stand her bullying and irrationality when he is criticized. Or when anything she likes is criticized, or when an opinion of hers is not shared.

Joy being gone somehow makes Whoopi act crazier than usual. "Joy-less" is coming to mean "joyless" for me!

CCB is married to a Russian, so I believe she is pronouncing Maksim as he does.

• Love 15

What was that long black animal eating the banana that we found out carried SARS?

It was a civet cat. I enjoy Jack Hanna but he tries to say several things at once and can be confusing.

Man, this panel drives me nuts. I personally don't WANT a President who freaks out, I want someone better than me. Someone who talks calmly with common sense to keep me from freaking out. CCB has said before that she wants Obama to show passion. I totally disagree. I want him to be the Calmer-in-Chief. And Candace, how he says something isn't important, it's what he does that matters. Does she not remember that the U.S. invaded the WRONG FREAKING COUNTRY and totally destabilized it a few minutes after 9/11 happened? That's what happens when Presidents act "with passion." Give me cool, calm and collected any day.

Amen, ChicagoCita! I am so over all the talking heads on here and on the news criticizing every vowel and consanant that the President utters.

• Love 4

Wow Huckabee straight up did not answer the question about assault rifles.

I don't want any POTUS to telegraph to the enemy what our plans are unless it is a deliberate misleading ploy. I also don't want any POTUS, current or future, to appear rattled or "emotional" (=CCB). In televised speeches POTUS should treat the enemy like they are not a big deal ....even if they totally ARE - don't let them know that.  I recall that one president (which one?) went to play a relaxing, calm round of golf while something horrifying was going on. It was on purpose to let the enemy know that they are no big threat, as in, "See? I'm shooin' some balls and takin' a think cuz we got this." Well, you get my drift. :) 

Was it Bush during Katrina? Was that why he did that? 

• Love 1
I enjoy Jack Hanna but he tries to say several things at once and can be confusing.

Always has...and I guess he always will--in addition to the mumbling (which has become worse).  Every time I've seen him I've wondered how he was able to be any kind of an organizer or leader.

• Love 1

I don't like it much, but for what it's worth, it's natural. 

I've seen mention of this before when the topic comes up but I still don't get it.  If she wanted it gone she could just colour over it, no?  And assuming that she colours her hair, which, given her age, I am sure she must, she must purposely have her colourist leave that one grey streak as-is.  I don't like it or get the point of it but whatever, I don't like her much period, lol.  

• Love 5

Wait a minute.  Just started watching and almost fell off the chair.  Obama's speech was for the kids????  What is wrong with Whoopi??  Okay, that was a rhetorical question.

LOL, I wonder where on earth she came up with that!?   Someone forgot to alert the news channels that talked about it all weekend.  

I think Paula had a point, the speech didn't have anything new in it for anyone whose been paying attention,  which had to be disappointing for all the "political analysts" who dedicated entire shows to speculating on the content.    But really,  Paula could have said anything and Whoopi would have been all over her about it.  Whoopi saying, "He wasn't talking to you. He was talking to the kids." was beyond the normal ignorance of this table and if I worked for the President I would beg her not to defend him anymore.  Sheesh.   

In the 15 minutes I watched I noticed Paula wasn't the only one Whoopi was snarling at though.  She wasted no time shitting on Candace's delight over the DWTS pair that got engaged this weekend.  Even wanna be Whoopett, Michelle was like, "Wow."    

Joy being gone somehow makes Whoopi act crazier than usual. "Joy-less" is coming to mean "joyless" for me!

I don't know, she was pretty crazy last week when Joy was there - remember she attacked Paula for wanting laser hair removal on her legs for Christmas?  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I have already watched the entire final season of Downton Abbey (minus the upcoming Xmas special)  because  I got my hands on the shows that have already aired in the UK and it is so very good, for those of you who are fans.

I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray a week ago now--February is so far away. I've spoiled myself on most of what happens (but I always do that and I'm one of those who gets more enjoyment out of a show because of spoilers, usually). I wish they James-Collier and Carmichael were coming with the others; I believe James-Collier was with the cast on this show last year or the year before and he was the best part, tbh. I know Maggie Smith would never come on this show; she doesn't really do the rounds like the others anyway.

Just speeding by, people, I didn't watch since Joy wasn't there. Most of the Republican candidates must demand she's absent whenever they visit. lol

Reading about Paula and Candace's comments towards the President, you just know they would be whining regardless. If he *had* been emotional or angry, they would've been on The View the next day criticizing him for not having composure and giving Americans strength in their time of need. Lalala, it's all BS.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6

CCB is married to a Russian, so I believe she is pronouncing Maksim as he does.

I don't care who CCB is married to, she needs to pronounce the name like everyone else does on DWTS.

She just annoys me. I'll just call her Cameron (since that has already been done!)

• Love 2

Not much is said about the survivors of all these mass shootings.  Here's an interesting article that hurts my heart!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2015/12/05/after-a-mass-shooting-a-survivors-life/?tid=pm_pop_b&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

Thanks for the link MC.   I often wonder what happened to the survivors of these horrific events and this was a well written answer to at least one young girl's experience.   Heartbreaking, not just for her, her family, but for the future. Cheyeanne was going to be a nurse. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Yes Whoopi, Obama's speech was for the kids and for you who falls into that category with your brain!  I agree WG would have been all over Paula no matter what she said.  I agree with Paula about Obama who said nothing new but spoke with much stronger words.  I also think Paula takes the high road all the time with WG by not reacting to her attacks on her so Whoopi's hideous personality is shown over and over.

Yes Candace, Obama should have cried so we could wonder about his mental stability and decision making ability.  She lives in a friggin' fairytale world.  She has often said her husband is the law in her house and makes all the decisions. Shudder!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 8

I can't take CCB and Paula wanting President Obama to freak out and show some "passion". I wish Joy had been there to counter them. I refuse to watch that asinine fool Huckabee,......

Reading about Paula and Candace's comments towards the President, you just know they would be whining regardless. If he *had* been emotional or angry, they would've been on The View the next day criticizing him for not having composure and giving Americans strength in their time of need. Lalala, it's all BS.

Absolutely.   WHile we've had two parties in our country for a long time, it's only been a decade or two that there's been this ongoing theme that there are two opposing takes, two ways to think, on EVERY issue, the right-wing conservative and the left-wing liberal.   Bitsy was the worst on The View, but these two are trying to fill her shoes.  Raven said something in response to the shooting in California, that "both sides have to do something".   A bunch of people are killed, and we have to categorize the responses by political party?   

Any time Obama speaks on TV, Fox News tears him apart.  Yes, if he was emotional, it would be seen as unstable.  if he is calm, it's because he lacks passion. I'm so tired of it.  The View hosts need to get on board supporting whoever is president, because the divisiveness in our country is picked up on by other countries, and will be used to hurt us.  Patriotism does not have to mean "my country and president, right or wrong",  but it DOES need to mean that we don't nitpick our leaders on every single nuance.  

• Love 11

Whoopi and Paula are uncomfortable.

"Whoopi. What do you do if you get hit on? If you do get hit on." - Paula.    Yikes!

Hahahaha!  I missed this. 

Yes, they are uncomfortable to watch, but I've mostly seen/heard Whoopi go at Paula who remains calm and sometimes smirks which really is the best response to a bully.   I'm not going to blame Paula for getting a dig in now and then, especially after Whoopi clapped her hands in Paula's face and said, "Listen!"

• Love 8

Oh yes, that was uncomfortable. Whoopie says she gets hit on ALL the time, but she's not interested. Whoopie really has a high opinion of herself as a highly attractive sexual magnet.

I don't know if Paula meant that as a zinger, but I liked it!

• Love 12

Oh yes, that was uncomfortable. Whoopie says she gets hit on ALL the time, but she's not interested. Whoopie really has a high opinion of herself as a highly attractive sexual magnet.

Whoopi may or may not get hit on all the time but I'm thinking she gets hit on zero times while wearing that fugly Christmas sweater braless. 

• Love 7

Whoopi and Paula are uncomfortable.

"Whoopi. What do you do if you get hit on? If you do get hit on." - Paula.    Yikes!

I missed the show today but I'm sorry that I missed that! Good on you Paula for giving it back to the bitch.

"Sexual magnet" LOL 

I initially thought Paula was asking if anyone had the audacity to hit on the great Whoopie, but, regardless of how Paula meant it, the reaction was great!

Did the audience laugh and did Whoopi smile?

• Love 1

Was it Bush during Katrina? Was that why he did that? 

Maybe I was confused on the details. I was trying to mention some international conflict or some issue involving another country and a hostile situation and somehow I recall whoever was POTUS was doing something unusually calm as if to give the impression it was not a big deal threat. Or maybe pulled it out of my tushy, :)

Edited by ari333

I missed the show today but I'm sorry that I missed that! Good on you Paula for giving it back to the bitch.

"Sexual magnet" LOL

Did the audience laugh and did Whoopi smile?

I think the audience kind of moaned and there was sort of a "now you going to get it, Paula" vibe. Whoopie was her immediate defensive self and barked that plenty of people hit on her and she's not interested. She'll be friendly with those that hit on her but they're not going home with her. Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 2

I can't take CCB and Paula wanting President Obama to freak out and show some "passion". I wish Joy had been there to counter them. I refuse to watch that asinine fool Huckabee, and Stacy London annoys me to no end, so I turned off the damn show. I'll try it tomorrow when Joy is back.

yeah, cause if I remember my history FDR and Churchill were always freaking out. If Obama said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself they'd want to try him for treason."

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 8

I think the audience kind of moaned and there was sort of a "now you going to get, Paula" vibe. Whoopie was her immediate defensive self and barked that plenty of people hit on her and she's not interested. She'll be friendly with those that hit on her but they're not going home with her.

Thanks, just what I suspected. Paula at least got a dig in. I think Whoopi not only is a bitch but apparently delusional as well.

• Love 6

yeah, cause if I remember my history FDR and Churchill were always freaking out. If Obama said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself they'd want to try him for treason."

So true. I guess some people would like a leader like Ted Cruz who says he would carpet bomb Syria until the sand glows" (does that mean nuclear bombs?).  I guess innocent lives wiped out are of no concern. Doesn't anyone remember our reaction to 9/11 which resulted in disaster? The best reaction to ISIS is a calm and collected leader like President Obama.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11

Maybe I was confused on the details. I was trying to mention some international conflict or some issue involving another country and a hostile situation and somehow I recall whoever was POTUS was doing something unusually calm as if to give the impression it was not a big deal threat. Or maybe pulled it out of my tushy, :)

I was just joking :) President Bush immediately came to mind with your description!  

• Love 2

That's correct, and on top of all the crap that's been piled on him, he's always had to worry about coming across as an "angry black man". I' m wishing him a happy, happy life after he leaves the presidency. He certainly deserves it.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20

I think the audience kind of moaned and there was sort of a "now you going to get, Paula" vibe. Whoopie was her immediate defensive self and barked that plenty of people hit on her and she's not interested. She'll be friendly with those that hit on her but they're not going home with her.

Love Paula's dig!  That was my favorite part today, and Whoopie didn't take it well.  She did a double take before she launched into her indignant/defensive/bragging response.  Paula got a good one in today. 

• Love 5

Mark Lamont Hill is a CNN commentator and a professor. I follow his facebook page. If you are on facebook, you should take a look at the comment thread about Raven's dissing The Wiz on The View and on other media outlets. Whew! Needless to say, her comments last week were not taken lightly and there's quite a discussion.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 1
Whoopie was her immediate defensive self and barked that plenty of people hit on her and she's not interested. She'll be friendly with those that hit on her but they're not going home with her.

We all know those people...men AND women...who think everyone is hitting on them.  Whoopi might just be one of them.

• Love 5

I just watched today's show.  Have to say, Paula got a great shot in there without appearing crazy or bitchy, lol.  And of course Whoopi had to remind us that she gets hit on relentlessly.  As if.  Some women are really sexual and give off a lot of healthy sexuality---even if they don't look like a playboy playmate, but Whoopi is just gross and I would think that very few men would want to go there.  Just the thought of her disgusting, crusty feet and long yellow toenails is all I ever needed to hear to render her sexless (in my mind).

It continues to amaze me that the right wing religious ones are always pro-guns, pro-war, pro-crazy behaviour and pro-pointless negativity.  Not one of those GOP candidates has the dignity and diplomacy to run the world.  Not one.  The last nutcase freakin destabilized the entire middle east.  A leader who threatens violence and punishment is not the answer to the big issues….it doesn't solve anything.  How can any sane informed person not comprehend that?

CCB is just a flake.  Why would a U.S. President appear on television emotional and laying out a plan.  Absurd.  Remember when there really wasn't any talk anywhere about Bin Laden for period of time…no discussions, not much in the press.  And then one day, out of nowhere, programming was interrupted with a special bulletin, President Obama walks to the podium, drops the amazing news that Seal Team 6 had successfully snuck into Pakistan after months of planning,  killed him, and everyone got out safely.   He was brief and poised….a total rock-star moment.  I don't think anyone (the general global population) saw that coming as it was not discussed publiclyAT ALL.  A true secret mission.

Huckabee couldn't even say that, yes, there is no reason anyone should be able to buy an AK47 etc.  Go away dumbass.

• Love 23