Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Oh, jewel...that happened to me years ago.  Everybody except my mom and my sister (who lived out of the country at the time) forgot my birthday.  The gifts were much better once they were reminded by my mother.  I cleaned up that year!  You can milk their guilt for a good long time!  

• Love 9

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes. Snaporaz, I love that photo with all the animals. I especially love that it includes a cockatoo, which is my favorite bird of all.

• Love 7
(edited)

le sigh, i really have to stop watching cnn...:(

on another note, this is a video that tourism bc put out..

ETA: i just looked it up.

bc is 944,735 km2 and the population is 4, 606,371 as of 2013.  half the pop. is in vancouver..

Edited by valleycliffe
added to post
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

le sigh, i really have to stop watching cnn...:(

on another note, this is a video that tourism bc put out..

ETA: i just looked it up.

bc is 944,735 km2 and the population is 4, 606,371 as of 2013.  half the pop. is in vancouver..

@valleycliffe, I love BC...I always tell visitors who want to travel from Calgary through BC, and they ask where they should go, that the entire province is beautiful. 

• Love 8

Ugh Chicago does not play when it comes to brutal, windy, cold winters and muggy, hot summers. 

I love the Canada pics and info you guys share. It's such a culturally rich and progressive modern country with so much natural raw beauty. 

• Love 8

good gosh, with only a population of 4.6 million in bc, we have about 1/2 the population of new york city...about a million more than los angeles and almost double that of chicago....  oh, and canada is about 1/10th the population of the usa.

lots of wide open spaces and yes, natural raw beauty.

• Love 5

Yes and BC is a state/territory and those you listed are cities. So imagine how crowded NYC, LA and Chicago can be and the diversity. I can't fathom what Tokyo is like but heard its crazy. 

• Love 6

tokyo has 37,833,000 people....that's more than all of canada.

no wonder the apts. there are about the size of my living room and my house is a modest 3 bedrm split level..

watched hgtv when someone was relocating for work to tokyo...they, as well as i, was totally blown away by the tiny size.

• Love 5
On 6/3/2017 at 10:36 AM, Petunia13 said:

Yes and BC is a state/territory and those you listed are cities. So imagine how crowded NYC, LA and Chicago can be and the diversity. I can't fathom what Tokyo is like but heard its crazy. 

*raised hand*

Specifically, Tokyo is more like 46 different cities in one. The streets can be REALLY full on the weekends.

Given my schedule in the Navy, I was never on the trains during the rush hour when they had the pushers* filling them to capacity, but more often than not, my trains I got on were usually standing room only.

*and that is a literal job title, btw:

Oy vey!

• Love 9
(edited)

Good luck, Petunia.

I'm weepy, jet lagged and have a sinus headache. Mr.Stunt and I returned from London after taking Thing 1 to Oxford. I miss my baby.

A while back, the NYC Subway Authority banned dogs that couldn't be carried in a bag. New Yorkers did not disappoint.

https://www.instagram.com/bagdogs/?hl=en

sub-buzz-21766-1496847382-5.jpg?downsize

"And I thought wearing reindeer antlers for Christmakah was humiliating."

Edited by Cupid Stunt
Fixing posts written with temporary forum format
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

You can, but it doesn't last so you have to keep doing it.

I had that problem this AM too but it looks like it cleared up. I went to my moms house to visit and then groomed this scamp. 

IMG_2122.PNG

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I had that problem this AM too but it looks like it cleared up. I went to my moms house to visit and then groomed this scamp. 

IMG_2122.PNG

OMG, I love ' em!  What a great face.

• Love 8

Petunia, that picture is a frame-worthy keeper!  Freaking ADORABLE!!!

Now, to turn 180°, this new format is not adorable at all.  The solid/hollow hearts are gone, so I can't tell if I've "liked" a post without checking to see the list of everyone who liked it.  The entire editing toolbar (where you choose bold or italic et.al. has been replaced with envelope icons.  So we just have to guess which icon is which?  It's...uhhh...I don't know about this one.  

• Love 3
Just now, Snaporaz said:

Petunia, that picture is a frame-worthy keeper!  Freaking ADORABLE!!!

Now, to turn 180°, this new format is not adorable at all.  The solid/hollow hearts are gone, so I can't tell if I've "liked" a post without checking to see the list of everyone who liked it.  The entire editing toolbar (where you choose bold or italic et.al. has been replaced with envelope icons.  So we just have to guess which icon is which?  It's...uhhh...I don't know about this one.  

I have it on dark mode and the little hearts fill in pink. I kind of like the dark format. Easier on the eyes I think.

• Love 2

Never mind, I found it.  You're right, it is nicer.  But there are still no icons at all.  I won't be able to quote anybody or edit my posts.  I wonder if it's just buggy on Android devices?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Never mind, I found it.  You're right, it is nicer.  But there are still no icons at all.  I won't be able to quote anybody or edit my posts.  I wonder if it's just buggy on Android devices?

have you tried turning your computer off then on again?

• Love 2

Well, valley, I turned it off last night and it looks the same today as it did yesterday.  I'm using a tablet, so that could be the problem.  I think I remember when they were asking for beta testers a little while ago, they only wanted computer users.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Well, valley, I turned it off last night and it looks the same today as it did yesterday.  I'm using a tablet, so that could be the problem.  I think I remember when they were asking for beta testers a little while ago, they only wanted computer users.  

ok...actually, i should have put a wink at the end of the sentence..

i only wrote that cause for just about every computer problem there is, that is one of the answers to try...

LOL  and one of the commercials i recently saw on the teevee had that sentence in it..

• Love 2

Ha!  I took it seriously because it really is the answer to everything!  When I had problems with the cable, I'd call Comcast and wait on hold for 30+ minutes, only to be told by the technician to unplug the cable box and plug it back in!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Ha!  I took it seriously because it really is the answer to everything!  When I had problems with the cable, I'd call Comcast and wait on hold for 30+ minutes, only to be told by the technician to unplug the cable box and plug it back in!

shaw cable tells me the same thing.  only to wait for 15 seconds before plugging back in...

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Tell the mods? It was a shock when I came in and I've been fiddling with it all day. Usually they tell us when they're going to make big change. This is just weird.

• Love 2

But there are still no icons at all.  I won't be able to quote anybody or edit my posts.  I wonder if it's just buggy on Android devices?

I've posted from an Android tablet running the latest version. I'm using the default forum setting and everything looks fine. I get all the icons. avatars, formatting, etc.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, Snaporaz said:

Hey, snap- did you ever get your issues (with the format, I won't address the ahem.. other thing) figured out?

• Love 1
(edited)

LOLOL  i was just watching  cnn again...

some congressperson was speaking to wolf blitzer.

behind the congressperson you could see someone getting prepped to go on camera.  they are doing her hair and make up,

the only reason i noticed was because the lady doing the hair and make up has the best 'fro i've seen since 1972.

ETA:  i just wanted the preverts to be aware of their "settings" on their computer.  the other day, i noticed a strange/different symbol in my launch(?) bar.  i hovered over the symbol and it said location advisor.. so i clicked on it and it said that someone was looking at the location of my computer.  i didn't know this was possible because i am a dinosaur.  anyway, it took me to my settings and i clicked it to off.  just beware of the settings on your computer u guys.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 4

No, peaches...it still looks the same (which is why I didn't quote you!).  None of the formatting icons are here.  I just have a bunch of rectangles with X's inside.  That's also what I have to click on when I sign out now.  And the quotes and editing icons ate just gone.  I was hoping other people would be having the same issues, but it looks like it's just me.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

No, peaches...it still looks the same (which is why I didn't quote you!).  None of the formatting icons are here.  I just have a bunch of rectangles with X's inside.  That's also what I have to click on when I sign out now.  And the quotes and editing icons ate just gone.  I was hoping other people would be having the same issues, but it looks like it's just me.  

Bummer, Dude. We need to get you hooked up. Too bad I'm technologically incompetent. 

• Love 1

Me, too!  I'll just need to proofread my posts like crazy since I can't edit.  And instead of quoting, I'll only be able to refer to posts right above mine!  It sucks because if other people had the same problem, I'd leave it to them to be the squeaky wheels with the mods.  I don't even know how to begin to explain to techy people what my problem is.  "Uhhh, where there used to be a pencil and quotion marks, I have nothing.  My hearts are gone and replaced with tiny flags, and all I see are rectangles with x's and little squiggly lines that look like a sperm."  I can see them rolling their eyes now!