Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, valleycliffe said:

i have no idea as i had never seen anyone do it before.

Well I was thinking of if one was drawing a face with marker or pen or attempting to do what the man did. Like hypothetically before clicking the video would one expect he'd draw the interior piece by piece from memory vs draw the recognizable  border of US then fill in the stuff? 

I actually think his way is the smart way. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I can't wait for the weekend. I plan to sleep and see the ballet.

How relaxing and fun. Perfect for forgetting about dreams of Cane and Lily. 

Edited by Petunia13
Seriously that sounds like an A+ weekend that you deserve! ?
  • Love 7

So I forgot to put Steve's meds back in the fridge after giving him his latest dose and I don't know what to do. Normally, after crushing the pill and mixing it with Ora blend I have to refrigerate and the solution is only good for 7 days. The meds were left out of the fridge for 5 hours. Should I throw it out and make a new batch? My vet only opens at 10 am and I need to give Steve his dose at 7 am. Do I give him the dose that was left out and then call the vet later to see what to do? Gah, I hate not having vet tech friends, heh. The medication in question is Colchicine.

• Love 1

I stressed over it until 1 am and finally just made a new batch to be on the safe side. However, this means I'm now short a week so I emailed my vet to ask them for 1 more pill. I also asked them how long can the meds stay out and be okay in case I ever make the same mistake.

Thanks for the help guys. I wish I had seen the responses before throwing out the meds. I might have saved myself time and money. Oh, well.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

^That's Boris, inspecting his crop after a heavy rain last summer.  He's the Catnip Kingpin around these parts.

Boris! Love the name, and he's so adorable--the grey nose-patch is delightful!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

^That's Boris, inspecting his crop after a heavy rain last summer.  He's the Catnip Kingpin around these parts.

I think Boris and Gertie could own this town!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, boes said:

I think Boris and Gertie could own this town!

I agree. I too have a tortie and by god, she gets what she wants, when she wants it. But she can be sooo sweet. My little kissy face.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I agree. I too have a tortie and by god, she gets what she wants, when she wants it. But she can be sooo sweet. My little kissy face.

Well, I can keep going with the calicos/torties.

Here's Blanche. She was ill last fall, but has wonderfully recovered.

Blanche.jpg

• Love 9

Boris, Gertie, and Blanche are so cute!  I love the name Boris and how aristocratic is his expression and face? He is so refined. Gertie eyes have this solemn wise beauty. Such grace. Blanche is so feminine and cuddly looking. I agree her nose is adorable and jmho she has a very baby face which is cute. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

Boris, Gertie, and Blanche are so cute!  I love the name Boris and how aristocratic is his expression and face? He is so refined. Gertie eyes have this solemn wise beauty. Such grace. Blanche is so feminine and cuddly looking. I agree her nose is adorable and jmho she has a very baby face which is cute. 

I love the infinite variety of cats. The different colors, markings and especially the eye colors. Everything from sky blue, jade green, turquoise, hazel, orange, gold and even like my tortie, a mosaic of blue, brown and green. Of course I love dogs too, they are so dear.

• Love 5
(edited)

51334051-B596-45A5-B505-C053D158C2AC_zpsI don't have any pets, but I can offer a picture of the bunny who lives in my neighbourhood and seems to divide his (her?) time between our backyard and those of our adjacent neighbours. He's been hanging out in my yard all day!

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Boris wishes all of your and your beautiful pets could come over for a play date so that he could hide under the bed until you leave!

Boris reminds me of the cat I adopted in Chicago, named Regan - (NOT because of the President, this was earlier, anyway, named after the girl in The Exorcist) - who didn't fit her name, sweet as could be, but lived under the bed if there was anyone around other than me.  Most of my friends thought I was making her up.  Then I agreed to house-sit - in a separate part of the house, I'm no fool - a friend's cat while he was away and Regan fell in love, far deeper than she ever was with me.  Those two stayed inseparable.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Boris wishes all of your and your beautiful pets could come over for a play date so that he could hide under the bed until you leave!

Do you have an extra bed for Peaches to hide under? We have the same problem as boes, people think she's a figment of our imagination.

• Love 7

Great photos of all your masters.

Thing 1 took the only decent picture I have of Melvin.

cat-looking-from-under-the-bed.jpg

Otherwise it's a gallery of suspicious eyes peering out from behind patio garden plants or action photos of his retreating ass.

Cinco de Mayo on the Lido Deck tomorrow! Bring your cucarachas and Chihuahuas, cuz' the Pacifico and tequila is going to pour like mother's milk, and we're going to party like we're the Latin Kings!

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Otherwise it's a gallery of suspicious eyes peering out from behind patio garden plants or action photos of his retreating ass.

Cinco de Mayo on the Lido Deck tomorrow! Bring your cucarachas and Chihuahuas, cuz' the Pacifico and tequila is going to pour like mother's milk, and we're going to party like we're the Latin Kings!

I'll be there, with chicken enchiladas and cheese and bean burritos. Who's bringing the Gas-X?

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'll be there, with chicken enchiladas and cheese and bean burritos. Who's bringing the Gas-X?

I'm going to build a wall made of tortillas with guacamole mortar.  It will be tremendous.  And amazing.

Hi, Melvin!  Yes, I see you!

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Hi, Melvin!  Yes, I see you!

Not if he see's you first!

-- "Must guard my precious cache of paper clips, tinfoil balls, ballpoint pens, random gas pump receipts and crumpled cellophane! MINE! ALL MINE!"

14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Melvin! I love it!

He's named after Mr.Stunt's uncle, a mildly eccentric misanthrope.

I bring home crispy cellophane just for him and Melvin purrs appreciatively, crunching on it in his lair.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, peacheslatour said:

19 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm going to build a wall made of tortillas with guacamole mortar.  It will be tremendous.  And amazing.

I woke up on the quarter deck wearing only a serape, surrounded by empty Jose Cuervo bottles and Tecate cans, what Mr.Stunt calls Tijuana Alky-traz.

<groan> 

• Love 7

darn, another one i missed...:(

babysitting the grandson while his mom and sister are at pre-soar at a camp in duncan..

soar is a girl guide event.  it stands for Spirit Of Adventure Rondezvous with guiders/pathfinders/rangers, leaders etc.  attendees are from different parts of the world.  dawnica had to do fundraising to raise the money to pay for it plus write a letter to acceptance committee explaining why she wanted to attend etc.   this year it is in smithers.

• Love 5

*moan* I ate so much of Snap's guac wall I can't move. I think I need to see a doctor. Maybe I can get Mexico to pay for it? Good thing we were in International waters or the decibel levels coming from the All Prevert Salsa and Tejano Band would have landed us all in carcel.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Not if he see's you first!

-- "Must guard my precious cache of paper clips, tinfoil balls, ballpoint pens, random gas pump receipts and crumpled cellophane! MINE! ALL MINE!"

He's named after Mr.Stunt's uncle, a mildly eccentric misanthrope.

I bring home crispy cellophane just for him and Melvin purrs appreciatively, crunching on it in his lair.

I woke up on the quarter deck wearing only a serape, surrounded by empty Jose Cuervo bottles and Tecate cans, what Mr.Stunt calls Tijuana Alky-traz.

<groan> 

53 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

*moan* I ate so much of Snap's guac wall I can't move. I think I need to see a doctor. Maybe I can get Mexico to pay for it? Good thing we were in International waters or the decibel levels coming from the All Prevert Salsa and Tejano Band would have landed us all in carcel.

waa...huh?....ohhhh damn.....OWWW!  bottle opener under my back.....and why am I sticky?  Snaporaz and that guacamole......

Melvin is giving me the eye, I better start moving.....

• Love 5
Just now, boes said:

waa...huh?....ohhhh damn.....OWWW!  bottle opener under my back.....and why am I sticky?  Snaporaz and that guacamole......

Melvin is giving me the eye, I better start moving.....

You better, he does look hungry. And man, last night you insisted on stripping naked and covering yourself in refried beans and queso fresco. You said something about your longing for someone named "El Capitan"

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You better, he does look hungry. And man, last night you insisted on stripping naked and covering yourself in refried beans and queso fresco. You said something about your longing for someone named "El Capitan"

Ohhhh Gawd....."In beano veritas".......

• Love 7