Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

(edited)

Emmanuel Macron is my crush du jour.  He's a dream bateau-mouche.  I hope he beats that fascist troll.

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

You better, he does look hungry. And man, last night you insisted on stripping naked and covering yourself in refried beans and queso fresco. You said something about your longing for someone named "El Capitan"

Step off.  El Capitán is MINE!  What about Monsieur Macron, you ask?  I'm a big horn-dog 3/4 of the year, but I get especially extra additionally super-frisky in the Spring.  I can handle El Capitán and Macron's macarons.      

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

darn, another one i missed...:(

The towel boys were very attentive, and Senor Seymour Hare's All-Girl Dance and Juggler Troup finally showed up (Never pay entertainers up front!). Party with us, Valley. Don't drink alone in your cabin.

Sure, we're loud and outrageous, and periodically incendiary -- Peaches has been forced to retire her flaming baton twirling act or hand over her over her official Prevert booze-drinking lanyard; it was a tough choice for her. We let her wear her French-cut sequined circus costume, since she can't keep her pants on. 

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

*moan* I ate so much of Snap's guac wall I can't move. I think I need to see a doctor. Maybe I can get Mexico to pay for it? Good thing we were in International waters or the decibel levels coming from the All Prevert Salsa and Tejano Band would have landed us all in carcel.

Well, yeah ... back stroking in the guac tank ... You came in third and took the Bronze medal. You did win the Most Talented ribbon for your dramatic recitation of the Preamble of the Paris Agreement -- Very moving, Peaches.

43 minutes ago, boes said:

waa...huh?....ohhhh damn.....OWWW!  bottle opener under my back.....and why am I sticky?  Snaporaz and that guacamole......

So that's where the last bottle opener went.

Snap was a trouper, mashing avocados until the dance contest ... A Mambo star is our Snaporaz.

Melvin is giving me the eye, I better start moving.....

Melvin thought you were unconscious ... You spooked him!

50 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You better, he does look hungry. And man, last night you insisted on stripping naked and covering yourself in refried beans and queso fresco. You said something about your longing for someone named "El Capitan"

Boes is going to have to take a number for that man.

Why is the bursar wearing my Ava Gabor wiglet?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Snap was a trouper, mashing avocados until the dance contest ... A Mambo star is our Snaporaz.

Oooo, is that "The Forbidden Dance"?

Melvin and Boris, in their respective hiding perches on opposite sides of the room, surveyed the damage and revised their plan for world domination.

• Love 5

I was eating caramel creams when Gracie -cat pounces and OOC grabs one right out of my hand. I thought she'd drop it....nope ate it in two bites. They are bad for her so I can't eat them in the same room. With the exception of an occasional powdered-doughnut I've never had a cat eat a sweet.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oooo, is that "The Forbidden Dance"?

It is when you do it.

Melvin and Boris, in their respective hiding perches on opposite sides of the room, surveyed the damage and revised their plan for world domination.

Melvin has to be doing more than sorting through his many treasures, playing hockey with kitty kibble, pooping, eating bugs and gifting me the occasional field mouse in exchange for more tinfoil.

I can see Melvin and Boris as the Cats Behind the Curtain, pulling the levers and turning the gears of their world domination scheme.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3

Peaches has been forced to retire her flaming baton twirling act or hand over her over her official Prevert booze-drinking lanyard; it was a tough choice for her. We let her wear her French-cut sequined circus costume, since she can't keep her pants on. 

Y'all are just lucky I didn't start the Dance of the Seven veils. I lost three of them at last years fiesta.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Y'all are just lucky I didn't start the Dance of the Seven veils. I lost three of them at last years fiesta.

Don't even try to play the modesty card ... I saw cabin stewards wearing those flimsy veils as blindfolds, a big smile and not much else. 

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Snap, do you know that you called Emmanuel Macron a boat-fly? ?

Isn't a "bateau mouche" what those sightseeing boats are called that tourists take down the Seine?

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Isn't a "bateau mouche" what those sightseeing boats are called that tourists take down the Seine?

I honestly don't know! I've never heard of them and am always happy to learn something new ?

• Love 1

From Wiki:

The term is a registered trademark of the Compagnie des Bateaux Mouches, the most widely known operator of the boats in Paris, founded by Jean Bruel (1917-2003);[2] however, the phrase, because of the success of the company, is used generically to refer to all such boats operating on the river within the city. Bateaux Mouches translates literally as "fly boats" ("fly" meaning the insect); however, the name arose because they were originally manufactured in boatyards situated in the Mouche area of Lyon.

• Love 3

Guess who has yet another infection and when given antibiotics orally decided to shake his head and nail me in the eye? *mutters incoherently about ungrateful avian companions.*

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

From Wiki:

The term is a registered trademark of the Compagnie des Bateaux Mouches, the most widely known operator of the boats in Paris, founded by Jean Bruel (1917-2003);[2] however, the phrase, because of the success of the company, is used generically to refer to all such boats operating on the river within the city. Bateaux Mouches translates literally as "fly boats" ("fly" meaning the insect); however, the name arose because they were originally manufactured in boatyards situated in the Mouche area of Lyon.

Well, how about that!

• Love 1
On 5/8/2017 at 6:16 PM, jewel21 said:

Guess who has yet another infection and when given antibiotics orally decided to shake his head and nail me in the eye? *mutters incoherently about ungrateful avian companions.*

Oh no! Poor guy he's just pissed off he gets sick. He's like that baby boy who throws fits at mommy when taking medicine or tantrums when he gets achy. I hope he feels better soon and you are doing a kickass job @jewel21

• Love 6

Thanks, Petunia. <3

He really hates the antibiotic. He's fine taking the other med for his liver and swallows it quickly but when I follow it up with the antibiotic he just freezes. So I try and wait him out and then he squirms loose and starts shaking his head and flicking the meds  everywhere. He got me in the face again, thankfully just little droplets. Not that I blame him. It smells like banana flavoured penicillin but bird meds aren't sweet but bitter so it must suck.

• Love 5

C'mon Steve ... Take your meds and you'll fell better ...

Legendary Trance and EDM producer, DJ Robert Miles, dies after 9-month battle with cancer. 

Where the bounds of earth no longer hold you ...

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Aw, Petunia, what happened?

It means my transfer has probably going to happen. A new very high end branch of our store is opening near my moms house in October so the hire would be in July and I did an internal interview for front end management (that's doing store bookkeeping & managing all cashiers, baggers, and cart collectors and conducting the job interviews). I have to do several things first so it might not go through ....so I may end up as this store's front end lead which would mean no pay raise or stay the lead/manager of my small department (sales). 

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm going to keep a good thought that this is your opportunity to join the other store.

C'mon dice ... Lucky seven for Petunia!

Thing 1 completed her finals and packed her house up for storage -- She rents a mother-in-law apartment from my brother-in-law, and he's going to remodel while she's in England. She'll be home tomorrow -- Yippee!

We're hosting a Mother's Day barbeque and sangria-soaked bickering for the Mom's on Sunday. What are you up to? Mother's Day lunch, dinner, brick through a window?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

My son and I will do the traditional watching of Psycho.

Hahaha!  And there's always The Lion in Winter, with Katherine Hepburn's murmuring, after a tussle with her sons, "Whatever shall we do with.....Mother?"

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Jeez, since the daughter is up from New Haven, we may have to go for Mildred Pierce.

30 minutes ago, boes said:

Hahaha!  And there's always The Lion in Winter, with Katherine Hepburn's murmuring, after a tussle with her sons, "Whatever shall we do with.....Mother?"

All good. Also Mommy Dearest, Mother's Day 1980 and A Long Days Journey Into Night with Katherine Hepburn. We usually watch The Lion In Winter at Christmas time, but it definitely works for Mother's Day.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

Mother always did like Richard best! (Disney's Robin Hood ?)

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I'll be going to son#2's house for smoked  porchetta on a bun for lunch. No doubt there will be lots of beer consumed. No longer have a Mom and never met my hubby's so I will be the Mama-in-charge. ?

A beneficent Royal hand wave and nod from the head of the table.

<drool> Smoked porchetta is delicious.

We're doing Surf-n-Turf: Rib eyes, whole red snapper and fresh Tomales Bay oysters.

20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My son and I will do the traditional watching of Psycho.

Ah, yes .. the All-American tale of the love of a son for his mother.

Get ahead of the festivities and shower early.

19 hours ago, boes said:

19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

All good. Also Mommy Dearest, Mother's Day 1980 and A Long Days Journey Into Night with Katherine Hepburn. We usually watch The Lion In Winter at Christmas time, but it definitely works for Mother's Day.

My favorite movie for this occasion has to be White Heat .... "Top of the world, Ma! TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!"

16 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Mother always did like Richard best! (Disney's Robin Hood ?)

<snerk> Being at the bottom of the sibling totem pole, my parents were worn down by the time I showed up. 

However you observe Mother's Day, have a great one!

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." -- William Makepeace Thackeray 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

just watching bc global morning news and they said that "charlie brown" is moving to canada and [they are] becoming a canadian citizen(s).

guess that means more/new charlie brown movies/cartoons are going to come out.

• Love 5

I guess instead of Lucy yanking away football she will now be intercepting hockey puck. 

And his teacher instead of saying "wah wah wah waaah wah" will go "wah wah eh wah wah." 

• Love 7
(edited)

I just got done watching Mildred Pierce. Good movie but daayum Zachary Scott, yes please. Also was looking up the movie on Wiki and they said Carol Burnett did a parody called Mildred Fierce. Funnier than shit. Right now watching Mommie Dearest. Happy Joan Crawford Day!

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I just got done watching Mildred Pierce. Good movie but daayum Zachary Scott, yes please. Also was looking up the movie on Wiki and they said Carol Burnett did a parody called Mildred Fierce. Funnier than shit. Right now watching Mommy Dearest. Happy Joan Crawford Day!

I think I was born in the wrong era (thanks ma!), because there's just something about those particularly do-able classic Hollywood stars that most contemporary actors are missing.  Is Psycho the main attraction of this film festival, peaches?

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Preverted maternal units!

• Love 7
Just now, Snaporaz said:

I think I was born in the wrong era (thanks ma!), because there's just something about those particularly do-able classic Hollywood stars that most contemporary actors are missing.  Is Psycho the main attraction of this film festival, peaches?

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Preverted maternal units!

Yep, it's the centerpiece of the evening's entertainment. My son and I have been watching it together every Mother's Day since he was a kid. And always Arsenic and Old Lace for Halloween, among others. I used to call him sick into school every Halloween and we would go to the video store (yes I'm old, shut up) and rent a slew of scary movies. Good thing the schools never caught on to that little bit of shenanigans.

• Love 8
(edited)

I love my mom and all, but ((((((((((she's not nearly as twisted and cool as you!))))))))))

That is, your son is very lucky, peaches!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Snaporaz said:

I love my mom and all, but ((((((((((she's not nearly as twisted and cool as you!))))))))))

Thank you! Probably why we're such good friends even though he's all growed up. We both have the same morbid sense of humor. His father prefers that sickly sweet Hallmark crap so he just shakes his head at us.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I just got done watching Mildred Pierce. Good movie but daayum Zachary Scott, yes please. Also was looking up the movie on Wiki and they said Carol Burnett did a parody called Mildred Fierce. Funnier than shit. Right now watching Mommie Dearest. Happy Joan Crawford Day!

Mildred Pierce, so many quotes......I had a friend, gone now, and we could have an entire conversation with only quotes from movies.  Mildred was a main source.......

And they still come in handy....

Regarding Victor..... Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young.

And Der ButtBiscuit.....There's something about the sound of my own voice that fascinates me.

And just because I like it no matter who says it.......You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a lady. But you can't, because you'll never be anything but a common frump whose father lived over a grocery store and whose mother took in washing.

Peacheslatour, you have excellent taste, just excellent.

• Love 9

So tragic. 

I dont mean to sound weird but all those talented legends are passing and most of the younger generation of artists really aren't on their levels. Music and acting are gonna be a different caliber in 20 years and the standards will shift my guess. 

• Love 6