Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

I'm going to my parents' house, and my mom always makes manicotti for Easter dinner, along with about 65 other things.  My favorites are a ricotta pie and this stuffed pizza, filled with cheese, hard-boiled eggs, olives, and sausage. But she makes me a small vegetarian version without the sausage, because I'm the baby! 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i'm going to bake a ham and have scalloped potatoes with it for easter dinner...

what are y'all going to have?

Since my mom is no longer with us, I'm bringing Easter dinner to my dad's. Spiral honey baked ham, potatoes au gratin, asparagus and yeast rolls. Don't know what to bring for dessert. Ideas?

2 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm going to my parents' house, and my mom always makes manicotti for Easter dinner, along with about 65 other things.  My favorites are a ricotta pie and this stuffed pizza, filled with cheese, hard-boiled eggs, olives, and sausage. But she makes me a small vegetarian version without the sausage, because I'm the baby! 

You'll always be MY baby!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Since my mom is no longer with us, I'm bringing Easter dinner to my dad's. Spiral honey baked ham, potatoes au gratin, asparagus and yeast rolls. Don't know what to bring for dessert. Ideas?

You'll always be MY baby!

The ricotta pie is fantastic!  I'm not a cheesecake fan, but I love this pie because it isn't heavy like cheesecake.  I'd ask my mom for the recipe to give you, but it will end up being something like "a container of ricotta, some sugar, a few eggs, and bake it until it's done."  She's not a great one for recipes. You get no specifics!

• Love 6
Just now, Snaporaz said:

The ricotta pie is fantastic!  I'm not a cheesecake fan, but I love this pie because it isn't heavy like cheesecake.  I'd ask my mom for the recipe to give you, but it will end up being something like "a container of ricotta, some sugar, a few eggs, and bake it until it's done."  She's not a great one for recipes. You get no specifics!

Lol. I'm the same way. I never remember to write anything down and there are some recipes I've made so many times I've got them memorized. Off to the googles!

• Love 8

I work Easter and we're having an egg hunt inside the store of 1,000s of candy filled eggs. The store should be pretty messy after but fine in couple hours. 

All the meals you guys are planning sound luscious! 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I work Easter and we're having an egg hunt inside the store of 1,000s of candy filled eggs. The store should be pretty messy after but fine in couple hours. 

All the meals you guys are planning sound luscious! 

I want those eggs......all of them.  I don't know what I'm fixing f o r Easter dinner, but I DO know several battalions of peeps and Cadbury marshmallow eggs will be meeting their maker.

The chocolate bunny I will dismember at my leisure.

• Love 7

I filed another hr complaint this morning. The guy I told you about before (who was suspended for harassing me previously) and the woman who returned (the one who lied about her training, was busted, and spends 90% goofing off) have been verbally combative with me/argumentive and today besides that - were mimicking my voice while making arm gestures. We'll see if anything is done. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I filed another hr complaint this morning. The guy I told you about before (who was suspended for harassing me previously) and the woman who returned (the one who lied about her training, was busted, and spends 90% goofing off) have been verbally combative with me/argumentive and today besides that - were mimicking my voice while making arm gestures. We'll see if anything is done. 

Good!  Let them know you're not going to take their abuse, no matter what.  Bullies are usually cowards, I hope they bear that out.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

idiots at the job are always assholes....

next time, petunia13 if i may be so bold to say, pull out your smart phone and start recording...

take it out of your purse and stick it in your pocket..

• Love 10

Brother got out of the hospital Friday and Saturday he and my father showed up to move his things. He left a lot of stuff behind though. He won't be living with my father but apparently a few floors up in a 2 1/2 apartment that my father will help pitch in with rent. Hopefully he'll get his act together.

• Love 12

my husband is putting a new kitchen sink in.  he started this last wednesday...

hopefully today it will be finished.  he has to go and buy a new tap set for the new sink as he broke the other one putting it back in..

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, valleycliffe said:

i'm going to bake a ham and have scalloped potatoes with it for easter dinner...

It's my brother's 25th anniversary Saturday; he and his wife are hosting a beef roast. Easter Sunday is at my parents for leg of lamb. All my siblings and their children will be attending.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

It's my brother's 25th anniversary Saturday; he and his wife are hosting a beef roast. Easter Sunday is at my parents for leg of lamb. All my siblings and their children will be attending.

Very small dinner this year; daughter's still in New Haven.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so no barbeque. Instead, standing rib, asparagus, and so on. Do have the traditional Lindt gold bunny and lots of flowers, though.

• Love 4

Manicotti filled with ricotta and spinach, some sort of roast with mushrooms, followed by mini cannolis and another pastry I don't know the name of, plus some chocolate.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Love 7
On 4/9/2017 at 2:22 PM, valleycliffe said:

You inspired me, Valleycliffe, that's what I'm cooking too!

Happy Easter to everyone!  Chocolate bunnies for all!

• Love 6

LOL  i saw a funny picture but i don't know how to transfer it over here.

it was a pic of 2 choc. bunnies.

one bunny had his butt bitten off and said "my butt hurts".

the other bunny had his ears bitten off and said "what? ..

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 6

I was afraid we were all going to have some North Korean barbecue for the holiday, but we made it through!  (So far...where's some wood to knock?!?)

I hope everyone is having a Happy Easter!  I ate wayyyy too many carbs...

• Love 5

It is a gorgeous Sunday in eastern Virginia!  Temperature in the 80s, wispy clouds, azaleas and dogwood in full bloom.  We fired up the grill and feasted on steak, hamburgers, brats, and baked potatoes finished on the grill.  Later, for dessert, will be sliced strawberries (finally got some good ones!), pound cake, and whipped cream.

I am the strawberry kid--I love them!  I have also had a mad craving for all things coconut.  I made some brownies a couple of nights ago that had a coconut/sweetened condensed milk layer.  They were pretty good.  What I would really like is one of those chocolate covered coconut eggs (big ones!) like my mother used to put in my Easter basket when I was a child.  Around here you can find peanut butter ones pretty easily, but not the coconut ones.

Best wishes for a nice Easter to all!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I was afraid we were all going to have some North Korean barbecue for the holiday, but we made it through!  (So far...where's some wood to knock?!?)

I hope everyone is having a Happy Easter!  I ate wayyyy too many carbs...

There you are!

• Love 3

Happy, happy 4/20 to you too Snap.  And ooooh peaches, that does sound lovely.  Will soon be preparing some therapeutic Nebula (high cbd).  How much fun would we have if as neighbours -- cookie burning, wine spilling, t.v. snarking, medicinal mmj couch buddies.  We need Snap and his kitty to move next door too obv, and everyone else who wants to move to our snarky neighbourhood.

Edited by klopek
Everyone is welcome in Stonerville.
  • Love 6

I called my mom who is in Ontario at the moment and my grandmother answered the phone. She has dementia and this is the first time she didn't recognize me. It was like talking to a stranger, very depressing. And then I watched Show and has to see Billy and Phyllis. Life really likes to kick you when you're down, heh.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I called my mom who is in Ontario at the moment and my grandmother answered the phone. She has dementia and this is the first time she didn't recognize me. It was like talking to a stranger, very depressing. And then I watched Show and has to see Billy and Phyllis. Life really likes to kick you when you're down, heh.

It is difficult and heartbreaking.  I went through this with my mom.  @jewel21, my heart goes out to you. 

• Love 10

Same here. The day my Mom forgot my name for the first time was devastating. At least I was blessed enough that she never forgot that I was her "baby" (youngest). Sounds silly but it meant everything. Okay, now I'm crying again. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Same here. The day my Mom forgot my name for the first time was devastating. At least I was blessed enough that she never forgot that I was her "baby" (youngest). Sounds silly but it meant everything. Okay, now I'm crying again. 

it is heart breaking when it happens.

when my sister had her stroke, after she got out of the hospital, i phoned her to ask her how she was doing.  she said fine then asked who was i...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Oh, you guys *hugs* I'm sorry!

Took my kiddo to the doctor for a checkup yesterday. He just turned 12, and he's as tall as me! (which isn't hard, because I'm five feet tall ?)

Wait until he's looking down on you and pats you on the head. When my son did that to my aunt she whacked him with her cane.

• Love 9

I had a dream.

A dream in which I was staying with Cane and Lily. Lily was off modeling and Cane was having an affair with Juliette (?), the new hire at B&S, in their house while his kids were there and I was livid and confronted him. He was a smug bastard. And then I woke up. And all I want to know is why? Just why?

• Love 8
On 4/23/2017 at 10:41 PM, jewel21 said:

I had a dream.

A dream in which I was staying with Cane and Lily. Lily was off modeling and Cane was having an affair with Juliette (?), the new hire at B&S, in their house while his kids were there and I was livid and confronted him. He was a smug bastard. And then I woke up. And all I want to know is why? Just why?

Jewel do you have a Cane in your life? A vampire who constantly whispers "you're smokinnnnnn'". Have you been dating a member of the cattle mafia? Look- we all love you and will not come from a place of judgement. 

• Love 10