Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I passed my certification for my department. Now I have to be certified in another unrelated department (produce) and then I'll be an official manager and get a raise. 

Yay! Way to go Petunia! Now buy George a steak.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I passed my certification for my department. Now I have to be certified in another unrelated department (produce) and then I'll be an official manager and get a raise. 

congrats petunia13....

is that guy that was the asshole staying away from you?

LOL now that you're a manager, can you have him fired for harrassment?

• Love 7
On 2/8/2017 at 10:21 AM, Petunia13 said:

Congratulations!!!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, miamama said:

Congrats Petunia!! Boes: all good with ??

Not yet, seems to be taking longer than the last time.  Luckily Google has an easy zoom feature so I can read all your most excellent comments but I can't make out the tv screen so I'm listening to Show, not really watching it.

And, no surprise, ButtBiscuit is JUST as misshapen and obnoxious as his nostrils and Dickolas is still an embarrassment to man children everywhere.

If these drops don't work soon I'm going to go to Lourdes and dunk my head.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Not yet, seems to be taking longer than the last time.  Luckily Google has an easy zoom feature so I can read all your most excellent comments but I can't make out the tv screen so I'm listening to Show, not really watching it.

And, no surprise, ButtBiscuit is JUST as misshapen and obnoxious as his nostrils and Dickolas is still an embarrassment to man children everywhere.

If these drops don't work soon I'm going to go to Lourdes and dunk my head.

Oh, hope it improves. Take it easy though. Maybe avoid the screen for another day or two (much as we miss you). 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Boes is not old. Boes is vintage. ?

Well, I have an antique finish and it's cracking.  BTW, I think it was a blessing to not be able to see today's show, considering the number of asshats and Butt Biscuits that were gathered together.  

• Love 11

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=69453632

The original St.Valentine was a Roman Christian who was martyred during the rule of Claudius II in the third century. Imprisoned for not declaring fealty to Caesar, Valentine ministered to his fellow prisoners and prison guards. One of the guards had a blind daughter. Valentine prayed that God would heal her, and she was given her sight. The guard and his whole family praised God and were baptized. Hearing that Valentine was converting and baptizing new Christians in prison, Emperor Claudius II sentenced Valentine to death. On the eve of his execution, Valentine wrote a note to the jailer's daughter, signing it, "From Your Valentine." The first Valentine message was a Christian witness.

I send cards, buy candy, and remind myself that the first Valentine gave everything, including his life, to the God he loved.

May God bless you on St.Valentine's Day!
Cupid

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Awww, Sleepy George!

Happy Valentine's Day, Preverts!  I love and appreciate the smiles and laughs and insights you give me every day!

Backatcha, Sweetie. Has anybody been watching the Westminster dog show? That Pekingese was just adorable. Not as cute as our darling George, obviously.

• Love 4

My final bit for my promotion -the produce exam/certification  is this Friday.

Hopefully, I will pass and he won't be quizzing excessively. Our produce dept covers the retail side but also salad bar, our fresh juice and smoothie bar prep and retail, we order produce daily and do inventory monthly, and also run a fresh candy shop. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Hopefully, I will pass and he won't be quizzing excessively. Our produce dept covers the retail side but also salad bar, our fresh juice and smoothie bar prep and retail, we order produce daily and do inventory monthly, and also run a fresh candy shop. 

betcha you'll do great ms. manager....

LOL  bolded part sounds like a tv commercial...

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Good luck Petunia!

(A fresh candy shop--what's not to like about that!)

• Love 7

So, my computer up and died. Days ago. But I am back and trying to learn a whole new thing. I had a Mac and now I do not.  Very strange.

I want to vent about the show and will do so soon.  But just wanted to send my thoughts and hugs to you preverts, each of you who are going through so much turmoil and stress.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, bannana said:

So, my computer up and died. Days ago. But I am back and trying to learn a whole new thing. I had a Mac and now I do not.  Very strange.

I want to vent about the show and will do so soon.  But just wanted to send my thoughts and hugs to you preverts, each of you who are going through so much turmoil and stress.

Welcome back, you were missed.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Thanks guys-you're the absolute best.        @boes how are you feeling?@bannana that sucks about your computer. I feel like they don't make their products the way they used to. Also, it's an adjustment going from a mac to a pc. 

It really is. When my Acer EEE note book croaked on me last fall I went to a Chromebook. Totally different operating system. There is definitely a learning curve.

And how are you doing boes?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Thanks guys-you're the absolute best.        @boes how are you feeling?@bannana that sucks about your computer. I feel like they don't make their products the way they used to. Also, it's an adjustment going from a mac to a pc. 

congrats ms. manager on your new position in the company..

hopefully, no more very late nights..

have you bought any bear spray yet?

• Love 9

To be honest I'm not as good as I wish.  The eye is rehealing more slowly than is optimal, according to the doctor.  I'm typing and reading in 28 font, have the computer magnification on 150 per cent and everything is still blurry.  He says it may come back to where it was or it might not.  This was my good eye, the right suffered vision loss some years back due to a glaucoma flareup, something this surgery was supposed to prevent. 

Trouble is, I like to read and a lot of what I like to read isn't online or downloadable, too old or too obscure or just too damn boring for most.  Anyway, that's the story for now.

The upside is ButtBiscuit is blurry as is Dickolas and Cane so what's to complain about?

BUT it all may get better, too.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It really is. When my Acer EEE note book croaked on me last fall I went to a Chromebook. Totally different operating system. There is definitely a learning curve.

And how are you doing boes?

I just purchased an Acer notebook touchscreen.  My Mac was ancient but I loved it. I did use a PC at work but did as much of my work and online activity on my Mac.  This reminds me of when I purchased a new car and realized it was basically a computer.  More learning curve!  Keeps the brain charging.

• Love 7

Okay Preverts, I have a question. I used to be a florist so I'm supposed to know this stuff, I even had a florist friend over to look at it but she was as stymied as I am so I thought I would see if your yuge brains have any ideas. I bought a Victorian Parlor Palm and also special palm soil. I planted it in a clean pot and now I have a crop of fucking mushrooms like you wouldn't believe! Wat do?

• Love 5