Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

It's going to be revived with the original actors and characters. Well, they're in talks to revive it, I'm not sure if a deal has been finalized yet. 

I really liked that show except there were times when Megan Mullally's voice got on my last nerve.

Megan Mullally guest-voiced a character on a kids' show that my boys loved to watch back in the day. I'll see if I can figure out how to embed a Youtube video.

I'll just post the link...Oh, it works! She voiced the pink duck.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

It's going to be revived with the original actors and characters. Well, they're in talks to revive it, I'm not sure if a deal has been finalized yet. 

Besides the Will & Grace sequel/redux they're having a Living Single new season on Netflix. 

If they had remakes/sequels (using a sense of reality) I'd want One Tree Hill, A Different World, Buffy, Veronica Mars. 

Also my voice is VERY similar to Megan Mullaly or Kristen Chenoweth's and yes it can be annoying or difficult for people to understand ...it's my natural voice obviously. Like there's a weirdo at my work who is all wanna be punk rock or young but since getting a manager position talks in a Ned Flanders or Joel Osteen tone in a stilted way and uses those colloquialisms. Just use your normal voice and phrases. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Megan Mullally guest-voiced a character on a kids' show that my boys loved to watch back in the day. I'll see if I can figure out how to embed a Youtube video.

I'll just post the link...Oh, it works! She voiced the pink duck.

That was positively delightful!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Besides the Will & Grace sequel/redux they're having a Living Single new season on Netflix. 

omg omg omg how did I not know about this. I was just thinking about this show yesterday! They better not fuck this up. 

• Love 2

I heard about it from ItsRox but Queen Latifah said it WWHL as well. The actors pretty much have the time and they all still look great & are into producing especially  Kim Fields. Honestly, I've been watching old clips and I'd really like, since they're bringing back old sitcoms, Martin. That show was hilarious. I didn't appreciate/get all the old good sitcoms that thrived in the 90s enough when I was experiencing it then. 

Today a young autistic guy I am close to at work who does clean ups bday is Sunday (one of his days off)  so I bought muffins from the bakery and told him to come at the start of his shift to get the garbage, but gave him them instead. Have any of you ever pranked a person ? Also, how are y'all doing? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I didn't appreciate/get all the old good sitcoms that thrived in the 90s enough when I was experiencing it then. 

I want In Living Color to be revived since I was a little bit too young to watch it when it originally aired. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I want In Living Color to be revived since I was a little bit too young to watch it when it originally aired. 

We never watched it during it's original run, but watched it compulsively a few years ago in syndication. It kind of reminded me of the Golden Girls.

Dorothy=Khadijah

Rose=Synclaire

Regine=Blanch

Max=Ma

We could never watch it without singing along to the theme song.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Since most Preverts are too old to stay up to watch SNL, take a tip from me and check out Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer on YouTube at your earliest convenience!

Wasn't she incredible?  I couldn't sleep last night and saw if after midnight online.  And Baldwin back as Trump as well as Kristen Stewart's monologue, sent me to bed with a smile.

Edited by boes
sppeeling korrecshun
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, boes said:

Wasn't she incredible?  I couldn't sleep last night and saw if after midnight online.  And Baldwin back as Trump as well as Kristen Stewart's monolouge, sent me to bed with a smile.

Right?And the cold open with Alec Baldwin calling all those world leaders. I had tears streaming down my face. Jeebus that was funny. Prepare for war!

• Love 7

Ninja, congratulations to you and the Patriots!  I root for Baltimore teams, as you may discern from my user name, but I assure you I do not hate the Sawx or the Pats and I am thrilled and elated that the Pats pulled off the comeback.  Well deserved.  Now that that's settled, let's go, O's.

• Love 4

During  that SNL cold open I was almost hyperventilating. It just kept killing. And I'm not a big Melissa McCarthy fan but holey crap, she went in and it was a complete surprise. She had a pretty good weekend what with her funny Super Bowl commercial too.

• Love 5

Poor, baby.

Brother is still crazy and getting worse. He's not sleeping, not taking any meds, paranoid, delusional. He's convinced my brother, his gf, and my mom is upstairs talking about him, etc. Yesterday, he showed up at his gf's house at 2 AM and stalked her in the driveway. He stayed there until 5 am until her parents called the cops. The cops just told him to leave.

I tried to get in contact with one of his doctors but didn't have the extension # and they won't give it out to me and she's on vacation until next Monday.

The mental hospital says to contact his shrink but he doesn't have one. He stopped seeing her....

They tell me to convince him to take his meds or to come to the hospital. He thinks he's fine...

And all my mother does is cry and say she feels like she's going to have another breakdown. And my brother wants nothing to do with him so this is falling on me and my grandfather. I fucking hate this.

• Love 8

I wish. If it were up to me he'd be chained to a hospital bed 24/7 with an IV full of anti-psychotics coursing through him. For life. But apparently crazy people have 'rights.'

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 4

Yes, they do. It's the family who doesn't. 

So sorry about this mess. You and your Grandpa don't need to be carrying this burden alone. 

Unfortunately, he will have to hurt someone before action gets taken which is awful. How do they expect a non- professional person to convince a guy having a breakdown that he needs his meds or to go the fucking hospital? That's insanity right there. 

Hopefully, no one gets injured too badly and that he has to go in for a psych evaluation which might result in him getting the help you all need. The system sucks major ass. 

• Love 5

Good god, jewel, I am so sorry. This should not fall on your shoulders, like, at all. There ought to be support for family members of the mentally ill, because they suffer too and cannot be expected to have the clinical training to deal with this. I cannot even begin to fathom how frustrated you are. 

Gloriole33, thanks for your good sport congratulations. The rest of the internet is a bit salty today. ?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I hope your brother gets the help he needs, @jewel21.  Stay safe.  How is Steve responding to his treatment?

@peacheslatour, how are you all coping?  Is your dad ok?

Yes. @peacheslatour and @jewel21 I hope you guys are holding up ok. Sometimes in times of family crisis, the support system doesn't do enough self care or can become very stressed emotionally and physically. ❤️️ You both 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I hope your brother gets the help he needs, @jewel21.  Stay safe.  How is Steve responding to his treatment?

@peacheslatour, how are you all coping?  Is your dad ok?

My dad is totally lost. He calls me four times a day and tells me stuff he told me an hour ago. But, dammit I love him. Plus it just snowed about six inches here and I can't go see him. MollyB are you okay?

• Love 7

I'm trying to find a support number but I don't seem to be coming across one although I think I can dial 811 for some info.

Steve is okay. The first day I gave him meds he threw up and it freaked me out. He hasn't since then, thankfully. He appeared to be putting on weight and was starting to sing, but the last couple of days he's been quiet and needy and is molting more. The singing has also stopped. It could just be that he's molting and tired and picking up on my stress. I have to weigh him again though, I've been slacking on that.

It didn't help that I messed up his meds yesterday. With everything happening I'm distracted and I filled up one syringe with meds and then put that same syringe into the other bottle and sucked some more meds up, saw I put too much, and dumped it back into the bottle before trying again. I had to go and get another bottle today at the vet since it wasn't good anymore. Steve goes back on the 16th for a re-eval and blood work. I just hope everything turns out okay.

• Love 6

jewel21, I so hope you get some peace in your life, it's too much.  I hope your brother gets the help he needs, but more than anything I hope YOU can get some respite before you burn out on it all.  All the best to you, always.

I'll be AWOL for a couple of days.  I'm having a trabeculectomy tomorrow for the glaucoma in my right eye - had it in my left three years ago - so I'll be doing my pirate imitation for a few days.  I don't see well enough out of my left eye alone to do much on the computer.  See you soon!!

• Love 13

Anything having to do with eyes and any word that has the stem "ectomy" in it makes me all squicky, so I'm not going to look up what that particular procedure involves, @boes.  But I wish you a speedy recovery all the same!   

• Love 8

Good luck, Boes and thank you.

Unfortunately, my life has always been this ridiculous. Brother was apparently stopped by the police near his gf's house again last night and they called her around 1:30 am to inform her they had him. Not sure where he is now and neither is she. He never came home, the car is MIA, phone is off, and he's not at the mental hospital. Gramps is worried and making me worry. He keeps wanting me to call people and try and find him but I'm fed up and just want to be left alone.

• Love 7

but I'm fed up and just want to be left alone.

I don't blame you one bit. I just got back from lunch with my dad. He is so lost, he doesn't like being home because he says every where he looks, he sees my mom. I asked him if he had thought about getting a pet. Maybe a little dog, just to have another heartbeat in the house. I feel so bad for him, he seems so alone now.

• Love 8

A dog or cat is a good idea because it will give him a purpose and someone to talk to, reason to get out of the house, keep him idly busy. 

I really sorry he and you are going through this. 

I have a big test at work tomorrow. Hopefully I pass, lol 

• Love 7