Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

To me Joe looks like he doesn't try, either. Clearly, he doesn't want to be there. If he wants to leave, then he should just leave

As soon as Len tells me that Joe only practicing 4 hours a week like Master P was, then I will agree he should leave. But, maybe he just sucks at dancing and is scared shitless to be there. I'm not voting for him but someone  is, sadly.

• Love 7

Just my opinion which doesn’t mean much, but I think that Sasha is underrated as a pro. I was pretty indifferent on him until I went to the DWTS tour last year. He was so funny during the show (talking about how excited he was that he got recognized on the street in St Louis, just for them to mention that he was the “dancing crab”). He was also SO sweet with Emma. It seems like he is just legitimately happy to be there regardless of who is partner is. I feel like he flies under the radar because he doesn’t sell sex like Gleb/Val try to do and he isn’t terrible like Keo is.

Edited by kcrabtree06
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Just my opinion which doesn’t mean much, but I think that Sasha is underrated as a pro. I was pretty indifferent on him until I went to the DWTS tour last year. He was so funny during the show (talking about how excited he was that he got recognized on the street in St Louis, just for them to mention that he was the “dancing crab”). He was also SO sweet with Emma. It seems like he is just legitimately happy to be there regardless of who is partner is. I feel like he flies under the radar because he doesn’t sell sex like Gleb/Val try to do and he isn’t terrible like Keo is.

I agree with this. He isnt the male pro that depends on sex to sell a dance which is refreshing. 

• Love 1

They should have eliminated someone last night. This season only has nine weeks, and there are a lot of people left. Are they going to have multiple double eliminations?

I'm inclined to think that Demarcus and Alexis were really the bottom two and they just couldn't afford to lose another good dancer this soon.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

They should have eliminated someone last night. This season only has nine weeks, and there are a lot of people left. Are they going to have multiple double eliminations?

I'm inclined to think that Demarcus and Alexis were really the bottom two and they just couldn't afford to lose another good dancer this soon.

I def. think they were the bottom two and they were trying to rally people to vote. I just hate this was the week they chose not to eliminate, why couldnt have been last week.

2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I know it won't happen, but I wish they would eliminate Joe and Bobby.

I won't be heartbroken if they eliminate Mary Lou or John either. They aren't bad, but don't really do anything for me.

I bet John want being going anywhere anytime soon, im sure he got some of Tyler Perry fans supporting him because I almost forgot about him being THe Have and Have Nots.

Will people vote for him with his child support scandal? Or Mary Lou with her Nassar defending scandal? Or Bobby with his Nashville billboard lying scandal?

Geez, Tinashe had no scandals and could dance and was sent packing, while these folks are still around. Now that's fucked up.

At least Joe seems to be a decent person, albeit a crap dancer.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Will people vote for him with his child support scandal? Or Mary Lou with her Nassar defending scandal? Or Bobby with his Nashville billboard lying scandal?

Geez, Tinashe had no scandals and could dance and was sent packing, while these folks are still around. Now that's fucked up.

Unfortunately, between u and me we both know why those three will still get votes vs someone like TInashe.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Unfortunately, between u and me we both know why those three will still get votes vs someone like TInashe.

Yes, unfortunately.

I do know they fit the preferences of the demo, but I still can't wrap my head around why people would vote for them. I can see people voting for Kellie Pickler or Bill Engvall or Candace Bure. They may not be my type, but they are good people. Those folks don't have their integrity.

I especially can't see why anyone would support Mary Lou when she defended that monster who went after children.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

especially can't see why anyone would support Mary Lou when she defended that monster who went after children.

Believe it or not, it is so many people that arent aware that she did this. I have been on several boards and u be amazed at how many people werent aware how she defended this man.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Believe it or not, it is so many people that arent aware that she did this. I have been on several boards and u be amazed at how many people werent aware how she defended this man.

Her career should really be over. Do TPTB not do background checks on these people? I remember the days when the worst people they got were Bristol Palin and Kate Gosselin. As annoying as they were, at least they weren't psychos or criminals or pervert defenders.

This show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, and that is probably why their ratings are tanking so hard.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Her career should really be over. Do TPTB not do background checks on these people? I remember the days when the worst people they got were Bristol Palin and Kate Gosselin. As annoying as they were, at least they weren't psychos or criminals or pervert defenders.

This show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, and that is probably why their ratings are tanking so hard.

Back to what u said about Tinashe. It really bothered me when she had to say in her package before her last dance, that how she hopes to get people to connect with her and I was thinking there was really  nothing she could do or change because people had made up their mind about her from the beginning. They looked at her and saw this extremely goodlooking girl and didnt even want to give her chance because of what they thought she was. For the most point Tinashe came off very sweet and caring toward her partner and the cast. She genuinely was a good person and I thought it was so unfair for people to judge her like that.

• Love 2

I have to agree that I don't think most people know about Mary Lou and her Nassar comments.  I think there is a difference with celebs who come in with huge scandals that were mainstream news that everyone knows, like Ryan Lochte or Tonya Harding or even Andy Dick, versus people that might have unsavory things in their past that most people wouldn't know about unless they are following that person or whatever profession they are a part of closely.  Especially since show is going to 100% steer clear of those unsavory things.

I know about Mary Lou, but I've followed the Nassar and gymnastics news closely.  I don't think the average person on the street does.  I don't follow John or Bobby at all, so have zero clue what scandals are even being referred to above.  The only thing I know about John, which gives me pause, are his open political leanings.  That personally bothers me, but to steer free from politics too much, that is a personal feeling to me.  So it's this thorn in the back of my mind every time I see John being nice and charming on television.  However I know little of him beyond that.

So in that sense I don't hold the general public responsible if these things were never publicized much.  I follow pop culture pretty damn closely and even I can't possibly know everything, let alone people that don't pay even an iota of the attention that I do.

• Love 8

I don't follow them either, but I do usually google people when they are on the show just so I know something about them (75% of the cast I've usually never heard of, so I like to know something). Maybe it isn't common knowledge, but a google search will usually tell you things.

If I were casting someone, I would at least try to get people who are respectable.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't follow them either, but I do usually google people when they are on the show just so I know something about them (75% of the cast I've usually never heard of, so I like to know something). Maybe it isn't common knowledge, but a google search will usually tell you things.

If I were casting someone, I would at least try to get people who are respectable.

But I think those are two different things.  Casting should thoroughly vet a person and decide if they want said person on the show based on a person's past.  However considering TPTB have never shied away from controversial cast members, I'm not sure any of that would really put them off someone.  We've had some pretty shady people on the show.

I don't think the majority of the at home audience is going to bother to google celeb names when announced.  They just watch the show and the people stay in their memory for the length of time they watch the show and then they move on.  I'd hazard to guess anyone online discussing the show (like us) are somewhat more invested than the majority of casual viewers at home.  I think the majority of the audience forms their opinions on celebs solely based on what is presented on the show.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Just because you do it doesn't mean others do. I might do a .quick Google search to see who someone I've never heard of is (like Evanna) but I certainly don't spend time reading the news about them or catching up on their back history. Because, frankly, I really don't care that much about these people.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

As soon as Len tells me that Joe only practicing 4 hours a week like Master P was, then I will agree he should leave. But, maybe he just sucks at dancing and is scared shitless to be there. I'm not voting for him but someone  is, sadly.

I wish Joe left on the first week and I certainly won't vote for him.  However, I do agree that if he wasn't practicing or was being lazy, I think Len would call him out.  Len has done that before.  Unless the show doesn't want Len to criticize him too much because they don't want to fire up his fans.  

So Joe could be trying really hard and just be a terrible dancer.  Maybe, he would have done better with a different pro like Lindsay or Emma but we don't know that.  He just looks bad in comparison to other non-dancers because he doesn't have the acting skills of somebody like John.  He also doesn't have body awareness like an athlete, e.g. DeMarcus.

This is going to be a sad final if the final three are Milo, Joe, and Bobby.  I want Milo to win but I also want to see good dancing from the other finalists.  Wouldn't that be something if Sharna wins a mirrorball with Bobby?  Yuck!!  But at least, we won't need to hear that she's never won one.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

This is going to be a sad final if the final three are Milo, Joe, and Bobby.  I want Milo to win but I also want to see good dancing from the other finalists.  Wouldn't that be something if Sharna wins a mirrorball with Bobby?  Yuck!!  But at least, we won't need to hear that she's never won one.

Well the bright spot would be that Sharna might finally go away. People criticize Keo and Gleb for getting too many chances, but what about her? At least they usually get duds, but Sharna almost always gets a contender and still can't win.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

Well the bright spot would be that Sharna might finally go away. People criticize Keo and Gleb for getting too many chances, but what about her? At least they usually get duds, but Sharna almost always gets a contender and still can't win.

True. I don't mind Sharna myself, but I haven't been a fan of the show for that long and mostly just know her through the actual dances she does with her partners. I do think, with Keo and Gleb, neither of them tend to get far enough and are often at the bottom of the pack, besides a couple of surprises (for Keo, it was Jodie and it might be Evanna; for Gleb, it was Jana). So it's more questionable for them getting several chances when they often do not make it more than halfway through. 

I don't like Sharna for the same reason I don't like Gleb. Both of them have oversexed dances, and come off as smarmy. Both of them can go.

As for Keo, the jury's out on him as a choreographer, but at least he seems nice and has a good attitude. If he gets eliminated next week though, then maybe he needs to go as well.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Because I think there is a difference between "can't win" and "can't get anywhere near a finals".  Sharna has been given some good contestants over the years- Charlie White, James, etc.  She's come close to a win on more than one occasion and seen many more finals.  I also don't blame her for the Charlie season since Charlie was sacrificed on the alter of Maksyl. Sharna doesn't consistently go out at the beginning of every season the way Keo/Gleb are mostly inclined to do, and I think the show values pros that can fairly consistently make the finals even if they don't always win.  I'm not Sharna's biggest fan these days, but she has found way more success on DWTS so far than Keo and Gleb.  Of course she's had more time and you are also at the mercy of your pairings, but still.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't like Sharna for the same reason I don't like Gleb. Both of them have oversexed dances, and come off as smarmy. Both of them can go.

As for Keo, the jury's out on him as a choreographer, but at least he seems nice and has a good attitude. If he gets eliminated next week though, then maybe he needs to go as well.

I agree about Gleb oversexing his dances, the dude is one horny choreographer. But I think Peta will remain the top female for oversexed dances,all her dances surpass all of sharnas sexy dances.

• Love 5

I'm not Gleb's biggest fan, but the guy had one good partner (Jana). Evanna is Keo's second viable partner.

Sharna had Nick, James, Antonio Brown, Charlie, the other football guy from last season. Noah and Bonner Bolton weren't good, but they got high praise and good marks from judges. Her partners are always heavily pimped, unlike Gleb and Keo.  TPTB have done everything but throw the mirror ball at her, but she can't seem to seal the deal.

Maybe Meryl's win was predetermined, but she also lost that season to Candace Bure and that forgettable boy bander who was paired with Peta.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Maybe Meryl's win was predetermined, but she also lost that season to Candace Bure and that forgettable boy bander who was paired with Peta.

Sharna didn't lose to Candace Bure. Sharna was Charlie White's professional partner and Charlie was openly sacrificed by the producer to give Maks (not Meryl, Maks) his first win. Why Sharna keeps getting blamed for this, as if she did anything wrong, is beyond me.

I also think it's ridiculous to blame her for not winning with James. Laurie Hernandez was going to win the day they signed her. James was a nice surprise and went much further than anyone expected (very reminiscent of Amy Purdy), but no matter how good he turned out to be, he was up against someone better that everyone knew would win, who was also paired with the show's most popular pro.

There was never any way she was going to win with Antonio Brown, Noah, or any of the others you mentioned. They weren't that good and they certainly weren't the best in their season. Unless, of course, you think Josh Norman was going to beat out Adam Rippon, another one everyone knew would win the day he was announced.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Sharna didn't lose to Candace Bure. Sharna was Charlie White's professional partner and Charlie was openly sacrificed by the producer to give Maks (not Meryl, Maks) his first win. Why Sharna keeps getting blamed for this, as if she did anything wrong, is beyond me.

I also think it's ridiculous to blame her for not winning with James. Laurie Hernandez was going to win the day they signed her. James was a nice surprise and went much further than anyone expected (very reminiscent of Amy Purdy), but no matter how good he turned out to be, he was up against someone better that everyone knew would win, who was also paired with the show's most popular pro.

There was never any way she was going to win with Antonio Brown, Noah, or any of the others you mentioned. They weren't that good and they certainly weren't the best in their season. Unless, of course, you think Josh Norman was going to beat out Adam Rippon, another one everyone knew would win the day he was announced.

Yep to this. I'm not going to pretend Sharna hasn't had some decent partners, but I agree with the above.  There was no way James was ever going to get past little adorable Laurie Hernandez fresh off her Olympic win.  No matter what she put out there.  The only way it was going to happen is if Laurie managed to injure herself.

Also yes, Charlie was sacrificed at the alter of Meryl/Maksyl.  Other people finished ahead of him too, but Meryl/Charlie are the ones that came into this show sharing an obvious fanbase.  A fanbase that would be that much stronger in the voting if one of them was gone.  Meryl would play their showmance games.  Charlie had zero interest in playing DWTS games and here we are.

Sharna got Noah as far as anybody could have gotten Noah.  I firmly believe Noah could have won if he had slightly more ability.  He was limited in what he could do and wasn't good enough to justify a vote for a win, but Sharna got him as far as anyone could have gotten him.

Nick Carter? Okay, on paper that looks like it could be a winner.  Until you see Nick and listen to him speak and realize he's kind of a tool.  Also I could have told you from day one of that season that Bindi was easily winning when you combine her upbeat sunny personality with Derek.  Nick was fine on DWTS, but he wasn't fabulous.  He's another person with some kind of sketchy stuff in his past too, and I'm not going to touch the rape accusation since that happened post show.  The guy doesn't exactly radiate in star appeal and charisma.

Bonner was a whole toolbox on his own.  The 4 week season doesn't count for anything since it was four weeks so there was no time to gain momentum or change preconceived notions and I agree Adam was the obvious preconceived winner from day one.  In a different type of season Josh Norman might have stood a better chance.

• Love 7

My yuck in my previous post was for Bobby winning not Sharna.  I'm fine if she wins but not with Bobby.  Also, I would be happy not to hear this pro has never won from any of them not just Sharna. 

As for Keo, Gleb, and Artem, Sharna has had better partners than all three of them.  Keo seems like a nice guy but he does overdance and I agree about his duck feet.  Also agree that Jodi and Evanna are the only two good patners that he's had.  Gleb had Jana but also agree that he seems sleazy.  Artem has had decent partners like Leah, Nancy, etc. but like Keo, he gets baby sitting duties too.  I would love to see Artem with a ringer.  I think he would have went further with Nancy if there weren't other female ringers in that cast.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Artem has had decent partners like Leah, Nancy, etc. but like Keo, he gets baby sitting duties too.

And even that's an unfair comparison because Artem's decent partners are usually of the over 40 crowd, and they're generally never going to win regardless of how good they are.

#teamArtem

• Love 7
19 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

At least Joe seems to be a decent person, albeit a crap dancer.

On to of Bobby's billboard drama (which I guess one could  argue was just an interesting marketing ploy), he also has the reputation in country music circles of being a complete jackass and if he has a personal vendetta against a singer, he will blackball them and trash them on radio. I have a TON of problems with Bobby. He can get off my screen any day now. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Charlie wasn't sacrificed for Meryl. The shippers created 100 accounts each to get her and Maks the win. Charlie should have still placed second, though. No, he didn't lose to Candace or that other guy, but he should have done better than fifth place. His routines were forgettable IMO. Mark did a lot more with a mediocre partner.

One of her partners got a TV proposal and another got a baby gender party. What more should the show do for her to help her win? Not that I'm a TPTB defender, but they certainly aren't picking on poor Sharna.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

Charlie wasn't sacrificed for Meryl. The shippers created 100 accounts each to get her and Maks the win. Charlie should have still placed second, though. No, he didn't lose to Candace or that other guy, but he should have done better than fifth place. His routines were forgettable IMO. Mark did a lot more with a mediocre partner.

One of her partners got a TV proposal and another got a baby gender party. What more should the show do for her to help her win? Not that I'm a TPTB defender, but they certainly aren't picking on poor Sharna.

I don't even have the words to respond to this after reading the first sentence. 

• Love 1

Tbh, I found myself like more of Charlie dances than Meryl. The only dance I enjoyed of Meryls is when she wasnt paired with Maks and that was her argentine tango with Val, still hands down one of the best if not best argentine tangos I have seen in dwts history. It was actually a few dances I liked of Charlies, I don't feel like listing them but I just really enjoyed him better than meryl but because she was being shipped with Maks and the tptb wanted him to finally win, Charlie didnt stand a chance

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Tbh, I found myself like more of Charlie dances than Meryl. The only dance I enjoyed of Meryls is when she wasnt paired with Maks and that was her argentine tango with Val, still hands down one of the best if not best argentine tangos I have seen in dwts history. It was actually a few dances I liked of Charlies, I don't feel like listing them but I just really enjoyed him better than meryl but because she was being shipped with Maks and the tptb wanted him to finally win, Charlie didnt stand a chance

I'm a longtime skating fan and like Davis and White's skating. The problem with them is that they are boring. They found a way around that with Meryl (shipping), but Charlie didn't want to play into their drama so he was toast. 

I don't think they picked on him, though. He just isn't the right type of contestant for this show. Honestly, I don't think he gives a rat's ass about not winning.

The second place Olympic team Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir would have been gold for TPTB.  They had a reality show and would have been perfect for DWTS.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1

I'm a longtime skating fan and like Davis and White's skating. The problem with them is that they are boring. They found a way around that with Meryl (shipping), but Charlie didn't want to play into their drama so he was toast. 

I don't think they picked on him, though. He just isn't the right type of contestant for this show. Honestly, I don't think he gives a rat's ass about not winning.

The second place Olympic team Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir would have been gold for TPTB.  They had a reality show and would have been perfect for DWTS.

I think I read that Sharna wanted Charlie to propose to his girlfriend on the show.  He refused.  Glad he didn't want to play that game.  Sharna made the same suggestion to Noah and that's probably what pushed him to the finals over Nastia.  Nastia's edit wasn't kind either.  She had a much nicer edit last week during trios when she was giving advice to Mary Lou.

I don't think Alan and Alexis are comfortable playing the showmance angle.  As somebody said in the episode thread, Alan kept trying to change the subject.  Alexis just laughed when they asked her the question.  She never answered.  Surprised that Erin didn't push the issue further since TPTB are in her ear.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I think I read that Sharna wanted Charlie to propose to his girlfriend on the show.  He refused.  Glad he didn't want to play that game.  Sharna made the same suggestion to Noah and that's probably what pushed him to the finals over Nastia.  Nastia's edit wasn't kind either.  She had a much nicer edit last week during trios when she was giving advice to Mary Lou.

I don't think Alan and Alexis are comfortable playing the showmance angle.  As somebody said in the episode thread, Alan kept trying to change the subject.  Alexis just laughed when they asked her the question.  She never answered.  Surprised that Erin didn't push the issue further since TPTB are in her ear.

I never read any such thing about Charlie or Noah. Clearly there's a lot of dislike for Sharna around here but this is kind of weird to me since I doubt that someone proposing to a significant other who has nothing to do with the show would have any bearing whatsoever on their votes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, penbrat said:

I never thought I would say this, but I miss Mark.

Me too and I hated him and his awful spats for years. He matured and got a better handle on how to maneuver through the show. And the creativity is really lacking since he's been gone and you feel it watching the show. It's to many same-y dances. Mark was always able to find fresh visuals to help his dances stand out.

I mean, how many tangos with red or green laser lights where the couple starts on the stage and comes down onto the dance floor when the drop hits have we had over the years? And are any of them standouts now?

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I never read any such thing about Charlie or Noah. Clearly there's a lot of dislike for Sharna around here but this is kind of weird to me since I doubt that someone proposing to a significant other who has nothing to do with the show would have any bearing whatsoever on their votes.

I admit that my memory could be faulty.  But that's what I remember and it is forum gossip from either here or IdolForums.  I don't believe I read it from an online magazine or anything.   So take what I said with a grain of salt.  I don't dislike Sharna.  In my previous post, I wrote that I don't mind if she wins.  I just don't want her to win with Bobby.  I would have been fine if she won with Charlie, James, Nick, etc.  I just like the winners to be good or awesome dancers.  I also have a problem with Bobby's personality but that's just me.   

• Love 1

I like winners to win a pure talent, not pure sympathy and that is what Bobby is trying to gun for becuase he is second to Joe as being worse dancer left in the competition. I don't care about his story or sob story because we all have one, I care about good dancing and im tired of different ones acting like someone that has dance experience cant have a journey or growth. I have seen it too many times with great dancers end up finding something even more in themselves. I mean take Normani her season, the girl was a dancer from the beginning but she was so closedoff, her journey became opening up to the world and letting people in, that was growth and journey, so spare me the talk that only nondancers can have growth and journey.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Charlie wasn't sacrificed for Meryl. The shippers created 100 accounts each to get her and Maks the win. Charlie should have still placed second, though.

Meryl and Charlie came into this show sharing a fanbase.  Meryl and Charlie didn't come in sharing a fanbase with Amy Purdy or Candace Cameron or etc.  You can debate where Charlie should or shouldn't have finished, but I don't think there is any disputing that Charlie being eliminated only helped Meryl.  With Charlie out, there was no vote splitting from fans.  

I also never heard anything about Sharna pushing Charlie and Noah to propose.

Joe is definitely a worse dancer, but Bobby is far more annoying on social media.  I know the average viewer probably won't see that but he's so bitter cakes about everything all the time.  He has the hugest dang chip on his shoulder.  He even got in this weird sort of backhanded comment about how he couldn't go to Disneyland last week to film a package because HE was so busy working and didn't have time for such things.  He really complains about everything.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Me too and I hated him and his awful spats for years. He matured and got a better handle on how to maneuver through the show. And the creativity is really lacking since he's been gone and you feel it watching the show. It's to many same-y dances. Mark was always able to find fresh visuals to help his dances stand out.

I mean, how many tangos with red or green laser lights where the couple starts on the stage and comes down onto the dance floor when the drop hits have we had over the years? And are any of them standouts now?

I miss Mark too, but seeing this makes me happy. I've been a Mark fan since his very first season on the show. Stayed up all night voting for his win with Shawn, exhaustingly defended him through the Mark-hate years in the fandom, but eventually made it to the other end of the tunnel to see many more people now valuing and respecting what he brought to the show.

My favorite things about Mark are his musicality (I think all the pros have good musicality, but I always felt Mark's was particularly clever and creative), his versatility, and his full commitment to whatever he was performing.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, spanana said:

oe is definitely a worse dancer, but Bobby is far more annoying on social media.  I know the average viewer probably won't see that but he's so bitter cakes about everything all the time.  He has the hugest dang chip on his shoulder.  He even got in this weird sort of backhanded comment about how he couldn't go to Disneyland last week to film a package because HE was so busy working and didn't have time for such things.  He really complains about everything.

Joe wants sympathy. He keeps wanting to push he is a nondancer and wants people to feel sorry for him. His mission to get rid on one dancer this season was accomplished with Tinashe, so im sure he is hoping that his whining continues to persuade voters to vote for nondancers as annoying and awful as they this season.

Ugh I won't post this at Pure since the mods are downright nasty when you dare to question anything they post, but God they are annoying AF. This is why decent dancers are sent home. They have been convinced since the beginning DeMarcus is winning and has been the high vote getter. So instead of encouraging readers to vote after his in jeopardy appearance they are basically saying to ignore that and that he's still killing in the votes. You would think they would know by now that the ones that are getting a ton of votes don't get put into jeopardy. If enough people listen to this shit we'll never get rid of Joe (who I'm convinced they are purposely keeping OUT of jeopardy) because of anyone has fans who would vote to save him he does.

4 hours ago, penbrat said:

I never thought I would say this, but I miss Mark.

I'll do you one better, I miss Mark AND Derek. I'm really appreciating them more now.

• Love 7

I'm very late to the Mark fan club, but I started really appreciating him right about the time I admitted to myself that Derek is very clever and a good choreographer (I think it was some time around Pickler).  Strangely, I miss Mark for both his packages and his dancing and I miss Derek for his dancing.  If you'd told me I'd ever miss either of them, in their first few years on the show, I would have laughed my head off.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

I'm very late to the Mark fan club, but I started really appreciating him right about the time I admitted to myself that Derek is very clever and a good choreographer (I think it was some time around Pickler).  Strangely, I miss Mark for both his packages and his dancing and I miss Derek for his dancing.  If you'd told me I'd ever miss either of them, in their first few years on the show, I would have laughed my head off.

Same. I would love to see Mark and Derek team up and do something together on Broadway. The choreography and dancing would be off the charts!

By the way, did anyone see that Tony and Karina are doing another show together? I wish they would take some of their shows on the road instead of always doing them near Tony's home in CT because I think that would be an amazing pair to see live.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

I miss Mark too, but seeing this makes me happy. I've been a Mark fan since his very first season on the show. Stayed up all night voting for his win with Shawn, exhaustingly defended him through the Mark-hate years in the fandom, but eventually made it to the other end of the tunnel to see many more people now valuing and respecting what he brought to the show.

My favorite things about Mark are his musicality (I think all the pros have good musicality, but I always felt Mark's was particularly clever and creative), his versatility, and his full commitment to whatever he was performing.

It’s very nice to see another day one Mark fan!! It’s been a rough road like you said but more and more people continue to see the light. Same with Derek who was (is?)my other favorite male pro. There is no current pro close to their level and I knew the show would suffer in entertainment value when Mark left and even more so when Derek left. They were good enough that you could tune in for them and then alone, regardless of who their partner was because you knew you were gonna see greatness. Not a single current pro has that type of pull. Not even close.

• Love 3

I objectively recognize Derek's talents and his status as the biggest star amongst the pros to come out of DWTS, but I couldn't really enjoy him fully when he and Mark were on the show together. Mark was always viewed as somehow inferior to Derek or as a consolation prize for Derek's fans, when actually the two of them have quite different styles and strengths.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, calipiano81 said:

I objectively recognize Derek's talents and his status as the biggest star amongst the pros to come out of DWTS, but I couldn't really enjoy him fully when he and Mark were on the show together. Mark was always viewed as somehow inferior to Derek or as a consolation prize for Derek's fans, when actually the two of them have quite different styles and strengths.

Are we the same person? Lmao

This is very true and it actually held me back from fully appreciating Derek for awhile. I eventually got over it because Derek’s talent, like Mark’s, was simply undeniable. IMO of course. Derek and Mark haters leave me alone pls, TYSM lol

There’s this phenomenon where people can never just enjoy two great things in the same space. There has to be constant comparisons and one just has to be better than other. I’ll never  understand it.

• Love 3