Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

WTH was Steffy wearing today? Is that part of the Intimates line?  From the neck up, she looked like she was about to hit the stage in "The Nutcracker." From the neck down, it looked like workout gear or very very casual around-the-house wear. I know that people have commented that JMW has a swayback, but I wonder if she could possibly be preggers IRL? Something looks "off."  Could also be that she's decided to back off the intense training a bit. 

Wow! In a hurry, much, Thorne? How long have he and Katie been dating? I am accustomed to warp-speed romances and insta-weddings but has it even been a few months?

• Love 4

I can see this play out now.  Katie and Thorne will get engaged.  Bill will try to stop it.  Katie and Bill will get back together.  Bill will cheat with Brooke.  Ridge will find out and dump Brooke.  Ridge will hook up with Quinn which will lead to another who gets to be in charge of FC SL when Eric finds out.  Followed by Brooke deciding she wants Ridge back, and accidentally fucking Liam.

Liam the next morning, "Steffy, Hope, oh Hope's mom.  How did this happen?"

• Love 11

If anyone could be over dramatic it's Katie.  I'm more than convinced now that Katie is doing this at the behest of Thorne. That proposal is the proof. Brooke is right in that Will would be the most damaged by a custody battle. 

WTF?  Stuffy, you look like shit. That updo cannot hide all the work you have done to your face.  ? Word to the wise, even those stupid sting curls help to distract your Botox, nose job, and cheek implants. 

Once again Katie ships Will off so she could be alone with Thorne. It's not in her plans to just let Thorne read with Will. Katie is definitely not mother of the year. 

Speaking of parenting, who died and left Ridge father of the decade?  Even Stuffy realizes that Ridge's motivation is payback.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

I honest to go don't know how this hasn't actually happened yet.

Hopefully, it's because KKL threatened to quit if they tried this shit again.

That said, I'd much rather that play out with Liam and Taylor as she goes on another bender and Liam and Steffy have a fight after they reunite and Taylor has one less reason to look her nose down on Brooke (not that she has any room anyway because Rick, but still)

1 minute ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke is right in that Will would be the most damaged by a custody battle. 

While I wish it could be anyone other than Brooke speaking on Will's behalf for obvious reasons, it's good someone is. I believe she has no other motive, unlike butthurt Ridge and hypocritical Quinn and Thorne, whose poor fathering date back to the very night Aly was conceived and only got worse from there.

• Love 2

I know some people refuse to accept it but Brooke isn't ALWAYS the worst person on earth. 

I don't think Brooke is the worst person on earth in this situation. I don't even think her opinion is wrong. But she is short sighted. I don't really care that she accidentally ran into Bill. She still doesn't have to have a conversation with him about how she'll be on side with this custody nonsense. If your sister did that to you ... from your viewpoint she would be going behind your back and stabbing you in the back. Besides some people refuse to accept or admit that a lot of Brooke's actions don't make her the best person on earth.

It's akin to just having to tell Bill that she still loved him back in the day.  Besides we all know where this is heading: she'll sleep with Bill (again), Ridge will find out, Ridge will dump her and then Brooke will chase Ridge around (again). Bell cannot think outside that same old box.

• Love 6

Wow! In a hurry, much, Thorne? How long have he and Katie been dating? I am accustomed to warp-speed romances and insta-weddings but has it even been a few months?

They kissed for the first time in mid-June, in the same episode where she and Wyatt broke up.

Thorne's proposal to Katie was quick, but it's not even the quickest moving relationship Thorne's had with one of the Logan sisters, as he met up with Donna at a bar on July 26, 2007, and proposed to her on August 8.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I don't think Brooke is the worst person on earth in this situation. I don't even think her opinion is wrong. But she is short sighted. I don't really care that she accidentally ran into Bill. She still doesn't have to have a conversation with him about how she'll be on side with this custody nonsense. If your sister did that to you ... from your viewpoint she would be going behind your back and stabbing you in the back.

Exactly. And Katie is far from the most level headed, forgiving person under the best circumstances.

While this doesn't even clear the top 20 of Brooke's Biggest Blunders, it absolutely is shortsighted. Given that Brooke used her "concern" over baby Jack to drive the wedge between Nick and Taylor even further and to badger a barely recovering alcoholic Macy into signing divorce papers ASAP (leading to her not-death by gas explosion), it's not without precident.

Not that I care if Ridge is cheated on for once. I only hate all the self flagellation we'll have to sit through for the next six months afterwards from Brooke.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

Exactly. And Katie is far from the most level headed, forgiving person under the best circumstances.

Right? Level headed is not exactly how I would describe Katie at all ... although she did manage to forgive Brooke after all that Bill stuff so that is something.

While this doesn't even clear the top 20 of Brooke's Biggest Blunders, it absolutely is shortsighted. Given that Brooke used her "concern" over baby Jack to widge the wedge between Nick and Taylor even further and to badger a barely recovering alcoholic Macy into signing divorce papers ASAP (leading to her not-death by gas explosion, it's not without precident.

I hated that baby Jack story so much. It was so insulting to everyone's intelligence. On the other hand while I loved Brooke and Thorne as a pairing, her role in Macy's 'death' really was irritating.

Ridge being cheated on would be great, I'd have no issues with it. And honestly though I don't really like Brooke and Bill together, it would be even better if they stayed together. But we all know that won't happen. Bell must have his Brooke/Ridge pairing no matter how little these two actors tend to connect (they have flashes here and there but overall not so much). I have zero desire to watch Brooke crying that one tear over and over again as she wails about her tru luv Ridge and destiny.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke is right in that Will would be the most damaged by a custody battle. 

I agree.  I can't wrap my head around Katie's thought process that this is what's best for Will.  Will thinks his dad doesn't like him, so taking Bill away from Will is going to make Will think that his dad does like him?  Oh, no, that is not the case, because according to Katie, she is not taking Will away from his dad, Bill will still have the same liberal visitation rights.  So why change custody?  Will Bill's change of custody with no change in visitation rights suddenly make him not be a no show when he's supposed to see Will?  I can't imagine a family court judge not laughing in Katie's face with a case like this.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

While I wish it could be anyone other than Brooke speaking on Will's behalf for obvious reasons, it's good someone is. I believe she has no other motive, unlike butthurt Ridge and hypocritical Quinn and Thorne, whose poor fathering date back to the very night Aly was conceived and only got worse from there.

I agree with you.  Brooke appears to be the only one who's looking out for Will's best interests, even if she suffers the consequences.  Brooke knows better than anybody what will happen when the mob find out about her meetings with $Bill.  Brooke will be accused of betraying her sister.  But I think that telling your sister she's WRONG when she most definitely is, can be the best way of having her back.  Katie is being dragged into a dick-measuring contest where the people involved don't give a damn about her son or her.  Brooke wouldn't be much of a sister if she sat back and let it happen.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

hated that baby Jack story so much. It was so insulting to everyone's intelligence.

It truly was, from start to finish. Like, I could understand keeping Brooke in the dark for reasons that became glaringly obvious, but why couldn't Taylor have been allowed to be in on it? What better way to drive home the fact that she was such a saint (*snort*) that to have her learn early on that it was Brooke's egg and still love that baby anyway? If the situation had been reversed, there would've been no way in hell any man would've talked Brooke into giving up custody because the baby cried too much.

And if they'd left Jack with Taylor after KKL put her foot down on a Brick reunion, imagine.the potential for when Jack grew up to find out his mother's biggest nemesis was also his biomom! (Note the word potential, because just like the golden goose egg that was Hope, they would've ruined that one too).

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I can't wrap my head around Katie's thought process that this is what's best for Will.  Will thinks his dad doesn't like him, so taking Bill away from Will is going to make Will think that his dad does like him? 

Yes, this. It's always been implied that she took it the hardest when Stephen Logan took off as she was right around Will's current age, so why would she want to do that to Will not that Bill has seemingly come back to his senses?

For that matter, why didn't she start this crap a year ago when he was going off the rails? Why did it take Thorne being a buttinski to put the idea into her head?

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, mightysparrow said:

We all know how this is going to play out.  Someone will find out that Brooke was meeting with $Bill and it's going to be 'Bad Brooke'.  AGAIN.  It won't matter that she's RIGHT and that she seems to be the only person in LA who cares about what happens to all the parties involved.  The pitchforks will come out and the mob will be howling for her blood.  AGAIN.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, mightysparrow said:

I know some people refuse to accept it but Brooke isn't ALWAYS the worst person on earth. 

I have been an unabashed, unapologetic, Brooke supporter since she became Stephanie's pet project. I think this scene is when I became her champion:

This is when I began to realize what a truly hateful person Stephanie Douglas Forrester was; punishing Brooke for the actions of Brooke's mother and Stephanie's husband. If there was a choice to be made; this scene made it for me, and I became a tied and bound Brooke shipper. Of course the incomparable Susan Flannery made it so easy, and her chemistry with Kelly Lang was off the charts. When you consider these two women where probably in nearly every episode for the first ten years or so, it says a lot about them as performers and professionals, that I still raced home every damn day to watch them spar. 

But I hated Stephanie. She is the one who was on the attack right out of the gate, and don't, for one minute try to tell me it was about Stephanie not wanting Brooke around Ridge. Stephanie didn't want any woman around Ridge, and hated every woman who fell under her firstborn's charms. She was a sick fuck who didn't want her son prancing around in another woman's secret garden. She didn't like Caroline, although she did accept her as good enough for Ridge. She didn't like Morgan when Ridge was with her in school. She didn't like Taylor either, but eventually warmed up to her the idea that Ridge truly loved Taylor, and wanted to be with her, and saw this as a prime opportunity to really stick it to Brooke. But Brooke wasn't just another female in Ridge's life; Brooke was Beth Henderson's daughter. And there you have it. The foundation of the next thirty years of war between Stephanie and Brooke. 

Ridge was not Brooke's destiny; her destiny was besting Stephanie, and that was never about Bridge, but entirely about Stroke. So this wretched, possessive, evil witch, took a nice young woman and turned her into this man chasing idiot, who chewed up the scenery like one of Steven King's Langoliers for her ever lovin Destiny. I have always equated it to Clark Griswald, and how his desire for a simple vacation turned into a one man quest to get to Wally World.  If Stephanie hadn't pulled stunts like in the video above; Brooke and Ridge would have eventually fizzled out. But what really chaps my ass, is how Brooke was expected to just take it. Brooke should just let Stephanie insult and disrespect not only her, but her mother, and was soundly flagellated for daring to be shocked and upset at how low this vile woman would go. 

And right there is the core of it. But you never hear about the many, many, many, truly heinous things that have been done to Brooke over the years. No one deserves to be bullied, and no one deserves to be hated for the circumstances of their birth. When you consider the woman who spent her entire adult life calling Brooke 'The Slut From the Valley" is the one who spread her legs for that slut's mother's boyfriend, while also spreading them for Massimo Marrone, and didn't know who her baby's daddy was? The fact that child just happens to be Ridge adds a layer of richness to it that it otherwise wouldn't have. Maybe Stephanie didn't know Eric wasn't Ridge's bio-father, but that is not the point, the point is she was screwing two different guys at the same time. Does that make Stephanie a whore? Not really, but it does make her someone willing to put out for what she wants, as well as a raging hypocrite. 

The fact that in most cases Brooke was reacting to some scheme or manipulation started by Stephanie, and delivered by her and whatever henchman she was currently courting, seems to always get lost in the shuffle. I mean, doesn't everyone deserve to be robbed of their success, and the money due them for a formula that saved the Forrester's collectively wretched asses? Doesn't everyone deserve to have a smarmy lawyer pass himself off as a masseur, and put his hands all over them? Doesn't everyone deserve to be set up to look like they are cheating with their fiancé's brother? Doesn't everyone deserve to be led to believe their father is dying? Doesn't everyone deserve to be raped? Doesn't everyone deserve to have her stepson be bought off for shares, so he would lie about having sex with them? 

Really, it would take a message board as long as War & Peace to adequately list the crimes committed against Brooke. And no, Stephanie did not make Brooke hide the fucking letter. And no, Stephanie did not make Brooke screw Deacon. And no, Stephanie did not make Brooke waffle between Nick and Ridge; hurting Bridget a second time. I would never say Brooke is an innocent, or that she hasn't done horrible things, or that she hasn't hurt people she loves. But given a choice, I will take crimes of the heart, from a character who has been able to exhibit in a multitude of ways that they are essentially a decent person, over a hollow, mean spirited harpy, who judged for the sheer sake of doing so, and who took glee in trying to destroy some one's life simply because she was jealous of their mother. 

I think Brooke is spot on in this custody situation. She can see that Katie is conflicted, and is following Thorne's lead. She also knows how hard Bill will play, and the effect that will have on Will. But you are so correct @mightysparrow, before this mess is over, Brooke will somehow be responsible for Bill neglecting Will, and no doubt, for Steffy mounting the Stallion. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7

Thorne cares about Katie a lot. That's why he's trying to blow up her son's relationship with his father. Sure.

Katie isn't in love with Thorne. She better not accept that ring just because she wants to beat Bill in the custody battle.

Oh Bill. Boy did you misread those signals. This time, anyway. Next time it'll likely be Brooke moving in for the kiss--and more. Bill must be feeling kinda thirsty since he hasn't gotten any since he gave Steffy a ride on the stallion.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

I have been an unabashed, unapologetic, Brooke supporter since she became Stephanie's pet project. I think this scene is when I became her champion:

This is when I began to realize what a truly hateful person Stephanie Douglas Forrester was; punishing Brooke for the actions of Brooke's mother and Stephanie's husband. If there was a choice to be made; this scene made it for me, and I became a tied and bound Brooke shipper. Of course the incomparable Susan Flannery made it so easy, and her chemistry with Kelly Lang was off the charts. When you consider these two women where probably in nearly every episode for the first ten years or so, it says a lot about them as performers and professionals, that I still raced home every damn day to watch them spar. 

But I hated Stephanie. She is the one who was on the attack right out of the gate, and don't, for one minute try to tell me it was about Stephanie not wanting Brooke around Ridge. Stephanie didn't want any woman around Ridge, and hated every woman who fell under her firstborn's charms. She was a sick fuck who didn't want her son prancing around in another woman's secret garden. She didn't like Caroline, although she did accept her as good enough for Ridge. She didn't like Morgan when Ridge was with her in school. She didn't like Taylor either, but eventually warmed up to her the idea that Ridge truly loved Taylor, and wanted to be with her, and saw this as a prime opportunity to really stick it to Brooke. But Brooke wasn't just another female in Ridge's life; Brooke was Beth Henderson's daughter. And there you have it. The foundation of the next thirty years of war between Stephanie and Brooke. 

Ridge was not Brooke's destiny; her destiny was besting Stephanie, and that was never about Bridge, but entirely about Stroke. So this wretched, possessive, evil witch, took a nice young woman and turned her into this man chasing idiot, who chewed up the scenery like one of Steven King's Langoliers for her ever lovin Destiny. I have always equated it to Clark Griswald, and how his desire for a simple vacation turned into a one man quest to get to Wally World.  If Stephanie hadn't pulled stunts like in the video above; Brooke and Ridge would have eventually fizzled out. But what really chaps my ass, is how Brooke was expected to just take it. Brooke should just let Stephanie insult and disrespect not only her, but her mother, and was soundly flagellated for daring to be shocked and upset and how low this vile woman would go. 

And right there is the core of it. But you never hear about the many, many, many, truly heinous things that have been done to Brooke over the years. No one deserves to be bullied, and no one deserves to be hated for the circumstances of their birth. When you consider the woman who spent her entire adult life calling Brooke 'The Slut From the Valley" is the one who spread her legs for that slut's mother's boyfriend, while also spreading them for Massimo Marrone, and didn't know who her baby's daddy was? The fact that child just happens to be Ridge adds a layer of richness to it that it otherwise wouldn't have. Maybe Stephanie didn't know Eric wasn't Ridge's bio-father, but that is not the point, the point is she was screwing two different guys at the same time. Does that make Stephanie a whore? Not really, but it does make her someone willing to put out for what she wants, as well as a raging hypocrite. 

The fact that in most cases Brooke was reacting to some scheme or manipulation started by Stephanie, and delivered by her and whatever henchman she was currently courting, seems to always get lost in the shuffle. I mean, doesn't everyone deserve to be robbed of their success, and the money due them for a formula that saved the Forrester's collectively wretched asses? Doesn't everyone deserve to have a smarmy lawyer pass himself off as a masseur, and put his hands all over them? Doesn't everyone deserve to be set up to look like they are cheating with their fiancé's brother? Doesn't everyone deserve to be led to believe their father is dying? Doesn't everyone deserve to be raped? Doesn't everyone deserve to have her stepson be bought off for shares, so he would lie about having sex with them? 

Really, it would take a message board as long as War & Peace to adequately list the crimes committed against Brooke. And no, Stephanie did not make Brooke hide the fucking letter. And no, Stephanie did not make Brooke screw Deacon. And no, Stephanie did not make Brooke waffle between Nick and Ridge; hurting Bridget a second time. I would never say Brooke is an innocent, or that she hasn't done horrible things, or that she hasn't hurt people she loves. But given a choice, I will take crimes of the heart, from a character who has been able to exhibit in a multitude of ways that they are essentially a decent person, over a hollow, mean spirited harpy, who judged for the sheer sake of doing so, and who took glee in trying to destroy some one's life simply because she was jealous of their mother. 

I think Brooke is spot on in this custody situation. She can see that Katie is conflicted, and is following Thorne's lead. She also knows how hard Bill will play, and the effect that will have on Will. But you are so correct @mightysparrow, before this mess if over, Brooke will somehow be responsible for Bill neglecting Will, and no doubt, for Steffy mounting the Stallion. 

@RuntheTable, you brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you so much for explaining why I am (and always will be) ride or die for Brooke Logan.  Brooke spent more than twenty years being victimized by a woman who couldn't forgive her for being the DAUGHTER of the woman who Eric loved first.  A woman who was sleeping with two men at the same time, yet had the nerve to call Brooke Logan a slut.  Stephanie Forrester was a monster.

It's been said that Ridge and his spawn have more of a right to Forrester than anybody else because it was Stephanie Forrester's money that built Forrester Creations.  That's true, in a way.  Stephanie Forrester used her father's money to buy a weak man who had more ambition than cash.  Eric Forrester allowed himself to be bought and generations of people suffered for it, including the woman who bought and paid for him.

I agree with you about SF and KKL.  They had AMAZING chemistry, better than any male/female couple in the show's history.  When I found out that offscreen, they were close friends who loved and respected each other, it made watching their battles even more enjoyable.

One of the things that's most annoying is that Brooke ALWAYS has her 'crimes' thrown in her face, even if it's DECADES later.  Yet other characters can lie, cheat, steal and KILL and it's forgotten in days.  Taylor, a woman who walked away from her own child, threw Hope's parentage in Brooke's face.  Thorne hates Bill Spencer so much, he's ready to take away Bill's child.  Yet he fucked the woman who killed his child's mother and hasn't got a word to say to the woman who, following in her mother's footsteps, killed his child and then lied and covered up what she did.  Ridge is a rapist who tried to steal his own grandchild and doesn't even have a relationship with his other surviving child.  Yet he thinks he can stand in judgment of Bill Spencer and steal his child.

I think that the reason why I dislike Steffy so much is she's a low-rent Stephanie Forrester and it doesn't work, in my opinion.  Hauxdilox has had her life handed to her on a silver platter.  She started life on third base and thinks she actually worked to get where she is.  To hear Hauxdilox talk about how profitable lingerie has been for Forrester would be laughable if it wasn't so disgusting. She's referring to the work that the evil Brooke Logan did.  Now she wants to use Brooke's efforts to punish Brooke's daughter for committing the crime of being born the grand-daughter of Beth Logan.  AND being the woman that Liam Spencer loved first and continues to love.  Hauxdilox woke up after hitting her head, imprinted on Liam and decided that she had the right to destroy Hope's life.   Unfortunately for everyone concerned, JMW doesn't have a fraction of SF's talent or the ability to connect with her co-stars.  Hauxdi isn't fit to wear Stephanie's designer pantsuits.

• Love 8

I will take crimes of the heart, from a character who has been able to exhibit in a multitude of ways that they are essentially a decent person,

A matter of perspective I guess, because I don't think most things Brooke has done are 'crimes of the heart' at all. Nor do I find the character to be a decent person even essentially. From what I have been shown onscreen, Brooke is selfish and thinks only of herself. When she has decided on her destiny absolutely nothing else matters. And it sure doesn't matter who might actually be with the destiny at the time daughter, sister or whoever.

I suppose too it depends on who is playing a character like Brooke and how the stories are told. I was a huge Guiding Light fan and loved Olivia Spencer who wasn't all that far removed from Brooke in terms of sleeping with all the members of a family and so forth (though she never slept with her daughter's hubby). But I preferred Olivia's brash sarcasm to Brooke's mewling about destiny. Plus I think Crystal Chappell is a much better actress.

But I digress. I just do not like the character of Brooke. I don't like the writing for the character. I find the excuses for her shenanigans lame: destiny, heart, love. Oh please. Yes love for herself and absolutely no one else. Did I always like Stephanie? No of course not. I don't think the character was one who could be loved all the time but I still usually ended up on her side. And Susan Flannery was awesome.

At least Olivia finally evolved. Sure it took a major health scare and falling in love with a woman, but the character did change.  When will that ever happen for Brooke?

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I just do not like the character of Brooke.

I think that's what everything boils down to:  are viewers able to like a character?  Brooke fans will talk about Brooke's crimes of the heart, non-fans will roll their eyes about "destiny".  Taylor fans will say she's a decent loyal person who has been through a lot with her fickle husband, non fans (me LOL) will call her a holier than thou hypocrite.  Sometimes liking a character will have less to do with liking them and more to do with liking what their story has to offer....that is how I felt about Stephanie, and off on a non-soap tangent how I felt about Clay Morrow on Sons of Anarchy (haaaaated him with a passion but loved watching him do his thing).  At least like/don't like shows some level of caring, apathy would be much worse.  Of course I'm not talking about dislike because the characters have all become irredeemable jackasses, that would certainly be worse than apathy.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

At least Olivia finally evolved. Sure it took a major health scare and falling in love with a woman, but the character did change.  When will that ever happen for Brooke?

When Brad Bell hands over the reigns to someone else? But then, B&B will become like Y&R, where the show is a shell of what it was. Actually, wthe the recent firings of three vets, the cut focus from Victor Newman (long overdue at least three head writers ago)and becoming the Phyllis and Billy Muskrat Love-In, the shell has long since degraded into sand. And not even soft sand, but the crap in Zushi Beach close to where I was stationed in Japan, where I'd be scrubbing that off of me for days afterward.

Anyway.

You hit on the nail why it took me years to understand Brooke's appeal as a character. I came in right around the Throoke storyand saw her wreck havoc on poor Macy (I had no idea about she and Thorne were nearly as toxic as Bridge) and got Thorne to walk away from his inheritance only to get divorced less than six months later because she still obsessed over Ridge.

And then after her antics didn't get Ridge to budge, she found herself "in love" with Deacon, so hard that she had his fucking kid...then was Deacon Who? after Taylor bit it and Ridge was available once again.

Hope's birth should've been a true learning experience. Instead, it was the beginning of a new trend of stupid.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Sometimes liking a character will have less to do with liking them and more to do with liking what their story has to offer....that is how I felt about Stephanie

Exactly. That and Flannery herself were the two saving graces in later years.

• Love 10

Thanks @mightysparrow; I think all us Brooke-in-nites think much the same about our girl. Oh, and you totally nailed it about Eric. You also nailed it about JMW, but in truth I can't lay all the blame on one actress. Show really did strike gold with their original cast; the fact that most of them were terrible actors notwithstanding. Susan and John were perfect as the anchor couple, and they did a good job casting the extended family too. Of course there were lots of ups and downs in those early days, but the cast simply jelled, and became a whole. I may be a one off, but I was never that crazy about Caroline 1.0, and didn't find her all that great in the acting department. I also think her rivalry with Brooke fell flat, and that Kelly Lang outshone her all the time. Bringing Hunter Tylo in was a stroke of genius, because just like KKL, she had amazing chemistry with Ronn. I was a total Tridge shipper. I actually liked Ridge when he was with Taylor, and thought they made a beautiful, and amazing couple. I also can admit that I didn't really start disliking Taylor till much, much, later. What I did dislike about her was her passive/aggressiveness, and how she let Stephanie fight her battles. In the beginning, Taylor would call Brooke out for her shit with Ridge, never afraid to remind Brooke who Ridge was married too. But after time and tide, Taylor realized that she would never be able to get Brooke to back down from Ridge, and eventually turned to Stephanie. I wanted to see Brooke stay with Connor; he has always been my favorite romantic partner for Brooke. 

This cast today however? What does it say when the summer has been consigned to three newcomers, two having loose ties to characters we rarely see, and one no connection to anyone? Yet Brooke and Eric's son is gone. Ivy too, a blood Forrester; gone with nary a word of explanation. Ridge's son off in New York. When was the last time we saw Eric? It all feels slapped together, the actors come off as confused, like they are wondering what the actual fuck their characters are doing. Some seem so awkward around each other. This thing with Thorne and Katie has zero chemistry. I can't stand them together, and I hate that it is being set up to throw Brooke under the bus again, and start another round of fucking destiny. Where is Sally and Wyatt's hot relationship. Why am I forced to watch Katie and Thorne fucking, when I could be watching Wally? Why does everyone have to work at Forrester? They have all these competing lines, and an over abundance of designers, and all Brooke does is carry or push folders around and argue with Ridge. Let Hope, Brooke, and Sally break off and do their own thing. That would end Bridge, and add a new element of competition. So, so, so unhappy with Show right now. 

That is totally cool @hypnotoad; I can appreciate someone saying they just don't like Brooke. And I can't disagree with you about the writing for the character. And I am with you 100% about the character not growing and learning, although I think Brooke is much more aware of her warped relationship with Ridge than she has ever been. 

2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

falling in love with a woman

I have always thought KKL would rock a lesbian SL. I wanted them to go there so badly with Leslie-Anne Down. 

• Love 5

Most of the problems with the show, I blame directly on Brad Bell and the writers.  Bill Bell knew how to create characters, and integrate them into the canvass.  Brad Bell doesn't.  He doesn't know how to write new storylines so he keeps the characters and couples on a never ending loop of the same SL over and over again.  Also, Brad Bell's obsession with Ridge/Brooke as a couple has ruined the show.  He will never let Brooke really move on from Ridge, and he has them continue to act like fickle teenagers.

Without Susan Flannery/Stephanie, I don't think the early years of the show would have been nearly as good.  Stephanie is not a good or likeable person, but she made things happen.  I preferred original Taylor before she died the first time because she did not care if Stephanie approved of or liked her, and she was more than capable of fighting her own battles, or in some cases not even bothering.  When Brooke showed up at Ridge and Taylor's first wedding reception, Stephanie was trying to get her to leave, Ridge was talking to Brooke when Taylor came over, told Ridge it was time to take pictures, and nonchalantly and very dismissively said, "Hi, Brooke."  Brooke barely registered with Taylor.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I preferred original Taylor before she died the first time because she did not care if Stephanie approved of or liked her, and she was more than capable of fighting her own battles, or in some cases not even bothering.  When Brooke showed up at Ridge and Taylor's first wedding reception, Stephanie was trying to get her to leave, Ridge was talking to Brooke when Taylor came over, told Ridge it was time to take pictures, and nonchalantly and very dismissively said, "Hi, Brooke."  Brooke barely registered with Taylor.

God, I wish I could've seen that version of Taylor. She was still tolerable enough in the early 2000s, but but by then the halo was already showing some wear. 

• Love 1

I don't think I have ever been as annoyed by a storyline as much as this custody battle. It makes no sense. Even the characters are saying it makes no sense and yet, it continues.

Plus, wasn't Katie just engaged to Wyatt, like, two days ago?

Plus the interns. Why are these people, who I don't know, on my screen? I know they're trying to make them connected with NotZende being related to the Avanti's and Emma related to Justin, but they're not taking advantage of those connections.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

God, I wish I could've seen that version of Taylor. She was still tolerable enough in the early 2000s, but but by then the halo was already showing some wear. 

I think Bridget or Phoebe were closer to being saints than Taylor.  Although with Phoebe, she wasn't on long enough to do much of anything before they killed her off.  Whereas poor Bridget was constantly getting screwed over by her own relatives.  It's a soap so most of the characters end up looking like hypocrites, but why dig a hole for a character by giving them that title when you don't have to.  Another mistake I think they made was never giving Ridge any real competition for either Taylor or Brooke.  They are doing the same thing with Steffy/Liam/Hope, and it's lousy writing.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

I'm changing Thorne's description from Emu to California Condor because he likes to feed on dead relationships.  Did I heard Katie correctly?  She wants more children?  Isn't she 48 and had a heart transplant?  Are TIIC ignoring this fact since Katie no longer has her scar and they are soras Katie in reverse.  A new concept in soap operas.  

Yes Condor, good things are coming only if Bill gets hit, by a car, on his way to the court house.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Did I heard Katie correctly?  She wants more children?  Isn't she 48 and had a heart transplant?  Are TIIC ignoring this fact since Katie no longer has her scar and they are soras Katie in reverse.

One part of me is irritated by this, but the other one is hoping they do so that Katie can stop using her bad heart as an excuse to manipulate everyone around her.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I'm changing Thorne's description from Emu to California Condor because he likes to feed on dead relationships.  Did I heard Katie correctly?  She wants more children?  Isn't she 48 and had a heart transplant?  Are TIIC ignoring this fact since Katie no longer has her scar and they are soras Katie in reverse.  A new concept in soap operas.  

Yes Condor, good things are coming only if Bill gets hit, by a car, on his way to the court house.  

I knew there was a reason I FF'd all the Korne scenes today, besides being boring & uncomfortable. Seriously...another kid? So she (& we) can again suffer through PP depresssion and then Thorne can take the child?? Is this the only thing Show knows anymore....insta-romance, marriage, babies, divorce & the inevitable custody battle with the endless game on the "partner-go-round". Nevermind all the "one & only miracle babies" & impossible pregnancies.

This stuff isn't even snarkworthy...it's all either boring or stupid & often both. I mean this Brooke/Bill/Ridge shit is coming down the road  yet again...anyone know how many times they've done this already??

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, RedRockRosie said:

This stuff isn't even snarkworthy...it's all either boring or stupid & often both. I mean this Brooke/Bill/Ridge shit is coming down the road  yet again...anyone know how many times they've done this already??

This isn't saying much, but not as many times as they've done Ridge/Taylor/Brooke or Steffy/Liam/Hope.  Of course, this will end the way it always does, with Brooke wanting Ridge back.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

I wish that GarBridge would break up once and for good. TK and KKL have zero chemistry and I am tired of him barking at her all the time. What made RM's Ridge and KKL work so well is that they had chemistry and you could feel genuine warmth and affection between them, no matter what kind of shit had hit the fan. This ogre just doesn't do it. That's why I think he's perfect with Quinn. She has enough of an edge and grit to her that he wouldn't dare treat her or talk to her the way he does to Brooke.

• Love 17

Has Katie even been dating Thorne for more than a month? How can she seriously be in love with him already? Oh wait, this is the woman who accepted and wore an engagement ribbon for months. Guess Thorne gets extra points for giving her an actual ring.

I think those ring boxes with their own miniature backlight look so cheap and gimmicky.

Thorne will likely move into Katie's place soon and I suspect Will will probably start having "you're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do" problems with him. I can't wait.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
conjugation. how does it work?
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Je souhaite que GarBridge se brise une fois pour toutes. TK et KKL n'ont aucune chimie et je suis fatigué de le voir tout le temps. Ce qui a si bien fonctionné chez RM's Ridge et KKL, c'est qu'ils avaient la chimie et que vous pouviez ressentir une chaleur et une affection sincères entre eux, peu importe le genre de merde qui avait frappé le ventilateur. Cet ogre ne le fait tout simplement pas. C'est pourquoi je pense qu'il est parfait avec Quinn. Elle a assez d'avantage et lui dit qu'il n'oserait pas la traiter ou lui parler comme il le fait à Brooke.

Yes Ridge and Quinn are perfect together. He never had a woman like that and I think he's been in love with her for a long time because he's always protected her from everything. There is this chemistry between them that he does not explain himself. She supports him in all his decisons and not Brooke. But what would become of Eric ??

• Love 4
7 hours ago, domi said:

Yes Ridge and Quinn are perfect together. He never had a woman like that and I think he's been in love with her for a long time because he's always protected her from everything. There is this chemistry between them that he does not explain himself. She supports him in all his decisons and not Brooke. But what would become of Eric ??

Maybe Donna could come back to the show and remarry Eric. Despite the age difference and silly sexual "honey" business, I thought they were good together.  Donna was the perfect trophy wife in that she deferred to Eric. She truly loved him and made him the center of her universe. I really think that Eric needs that kind of adulation and devotion. He's never quite had that 100% and I think that would keep him from straying. I think that Quinn tries, but that is just not her true nature. Often, especially during FC meetings, she seems bored and just bristling to ditch the "good wife" facade and jump into the fray!

• Love 5

Faster than a speeding bullet.......

Katie said yes. I can't with them. I wish I could, but just no. This is way too fast right on the heels of Watie, and it feels like Thorne is seeking ownership and not a partner. And of course, he is trying to stick it to Bill. My question is why? I can't remember Bill ever coming directly at Thorne, and when you consider he hasn't been around in years, what is this about actually? 

I am tired of hearing Ridge and Thorne go on about Bill's bad parenting. There are so many different angles and levels of bad parenting, and these two are no innocents in that department. Rick, Bridget and Hope are not Ridge's bio-children, but he was a father figure to them all the same, and we all know how that turned out. And he hasn't been all that much better with his natural kids. He barely remembers Phoebe, and look what he did to Thomas, who he also barely remembers. Nope. For Ridge it is all about his brave, independent, in-law mounter. And Thorne? Marrying his wife's killer, and then shunting his disturbed daughter off to various hospitals and mental facilities? And her death barely registered. So, nope. Neither of them get a pass from me. 

Bill is who and what he is. Bill doesn't try to sugarcoat it; he has fucked up in major ways and he knows it. He doesn't try to pawn off his guilt, or even make excuses. And here is another thing I think, and it will probably be very unpopular. I don't see what Bill did to Liam as bad parenting. It was horrible, and gross, and shitty, and something a parent should never do to their offspring. But Liam was/isn't a child. Bill was not "parenting" Liam. That doesn't mean he had a green light to fuck Liam's wife, but it was adult stuff, where Liam could defend himself. Bad parenting to me is when the child is still under your control, where you are making their decisions for them. I can't say that Bill has been a bad parent to Will. Up until he lost his mind about SKYE and Steffy, he was a very loving and attentive father to Will. He has never done anything to hurt him outside of being neglectful for a spell. Look at Katie; every time we see her she is sending Will off to a play date, or to some friends house. When do we ever, or have we ever, really seen her spending daily, quality time with Will? Katie needs to listen to Brooke, who sees this whole mess with crystal clarity. 

Speaking of Brooke......I don't think I have ever seen her be so snarky! I have seen her angry, but this is different. Her very flippant "Oh well, I don't need to look at that" when Ridge was pushing the Intimates projections at her, and their later discussion about Katie and Thorne, and how they have very different opinions about the upcoming nuptials. Brooke telling Ridge he sounds vindictive, and his return volley about what a terrible person Bill is, the best being how Bill "coerced my daughter to sleep with him". Really? How does a person actually do that? If the one being coerced has any dignity, and is in their right mind, seems like they would tell their coercer to fuck off. Unless they have been drugged or are being held against their will. Hmmmmm. I don't really think that is what I saw play out. I won't say Ridge doesn't have an ax to grind with Bill, but this situation with Will is none of his business. And once again Ridge talks out of both sides of his mouth; for weeks we had to listen to him browbeat Liam about a "kid" needing both parents. He would lament to anyone within earshot how a "kid" could not be raised in a one parent household. OH WAIT! That only applies to his Little Lovely, because not only does he feel Will doesn't need his dad, he also felt like Hope should step off with her baby too. Liam was Kelly's daddy, Hope needed to accept that, and be ok with Liam coming around to visit her child with him as he could fit it in. This shit with Will is entirely about Ridge and his relationship with Bill. Such a fucktard. I love that Brooke can see this, and is really the only person with the foresight to appreciate what this fight is shaping up to be. In the end it won't matter though, because Brooke will ultimately be the bad guy. The one who once again betrayed her sister, as if not agreeing with a hasty, ill-thought out decision is betrayal. And she will score another one for the "Slut From the Valley" by being seen as cheating on Ridge for agreeing with Bill. 

And of course it will all lead back to another chapter of Destiny. 

• Love 8

My parents didn't stop being parents when I became an adult. The difference besides being fictional, I think is that Dolla was never a parent to Liam. His Mom was smart enough to keep him away from a terrible person who provided DNA. YMMV, but I don't think terrible people are good parents. In general. 

• Love 5

Lier lier pants on fire by Katie saying, to Will, nothing will change. How about not mentioning that she wants full custody of him. Why didn't Katie think of asking Will how he feels about that?  My how the worm has turned with Katie being fearful of Bill, with Wyatt but not with Condor.  The ammunition, Bill has against Katie, has not changed. 

Xander is now a model for the intimate line. Did Stuffy get Emma's permission?  The best thing today is that Stuffy finally woke up and smelled the roses and made Sally a designer.  

Bill came to see Will but Katie sent Will to his room within minutes of Bill's arrival as soon as Bill was trying to speak to Will about his feelings.  The point is that Katie is doing everything thing she can to keep Bill away.  

Once again Ridge, the father of the century, has no clue that he's just like Bill. Just ask Thomas.  

About Ridge and Quinn, I wouldn't wish Ridge on a living soul.  What makes Ridge more deplorable is the man can't act especially in a rage. Bill is a much more believable and polished actor. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Lier lier pants on fire by Katie saying, to Will, nothing will change. How about not mentioning that she wants full custody of him. Why didn't Katie think of asking Will how he feels about that?  My how the worm has turned with Katie being fearful of Bill, with Wyatt but not with Condor.  The ammunition, Bill has against Katie, has not changed. 

Xander is now a model for the intimate line. Did Stuffy get Emma's permission?  The best thing today is that Stuffy finally woke up and smelled the roses and made Sally a designer.  

Bill came to see Will but Katie sent Will to his room within minutes of Bill's arrival as soon as Bill was trying to speak to Will about his feelings.  The point is that Katie is doing everything thing she can to keep Bill away.  

Once again Ridge, the father of the century, has no clue that he's just like Bill. Just ask Thomas.  

About Ridge and Quinn, I wouldn't wish Ridge on a living soul.  What makes Ridge more deplorable is the man can't act especially in a rage. Bill is a much more believable and polished actor. 

I guess Thorne putting a real ring on with a backlight and everything tipped the scales. It's certainly a far cry from this:

bb-06-18-14-1.jpg

Katie - I hope this blows up spectactularly in your stupid face. I mean, when your CHILD is the voice of reason...

While I'm happy for Sally, I'm also a little...scared. But damn, Hauxdi must be d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e if she's enlisting Sally's help.

Hope, you should've been nicer to Sally because these two? Don't play.

DnUVNNyVsAAVZkI.jpg

Xanaxder and Dumma...I could not care less about them. Even Zzzoe has lost her zip since her kitty died.

They are a cheap knock off of Nicole/Zzzende/Sasha who were themselves a cheap knock off (well, two of the three were - Sasha was pretty awesome).

So Ridge is going to be a character witness?

That is truly laughable and it will probably go down something like this on cross:

Justin: "Mr. Forrester, you stated that Bill Spencer is a terrible father. What do you base that on?"

Ridge: "He's terrible. He raped my daughter."

Justin: "By daughter, I assume you're referring to the woman you eyed up and down in her skivvies recently? The one called Hauxdi Forrester?"

Carter: "Objection!"

Judge: "Overruled."

Ridge: "I'm just trying to be supportive of my children."

Justin: "Uh huh." He retrieves a document. "Mr. Forrester, this is sworn testimony from your daughter that she rode Bill Spencer like the stallion he claims to be. Would you call that rape?"

Ridge sighs. 

Justin: "That's not an answer, Mr. Forrester. Additionally, no drugs or alcohol were involved in said stallion-riding. What is your response to that?"

Ridge: "I plead the 5th."

Justin: "You are not on trial here, Mr. Forrester. Perhaps you should be."

Carter: "Objection!"

Justin: "I'll withdraw...Mr. Forrester, circling back to your claim of being "supportive" of your children, could you elaborate on that?"

Ridge: "Well, you support them...and um, be there for them..."

Justin: "So supporting them? You mean like the way you supported your son Thomas' right to be a father to his own child, Douglas? Like that?"

Ridge: "Uhh..."

Justin: "Or how you chose to support your biological daughter, the same stallion-riding slut Hauxdi Forrester, over the stepdaughter you helped raise?"

Ridge: "Ummm..."

Carter: "Objection! Badgering the witness."

Judge: "Overruled."

Justin: "Just one final question, Mr. Forrester. Can you tell me the whereabouts of your youngest son, RJ?"

Ridge: "Who?"

• Love 15

I hope that there is a GIF somewhere of Hauxdi eyeing-up Xander.  That didn't go unnoticed by me.  I could go for that. It would certainly be more interesting than Xander and Emma and  I would love to see a Steffy/Zoe stand-off.  Things could be worse ... 

WTF is wrong with Sludge? Throwing things in the office? Even Hauxdi looked alarmed/disgusted and it was refreshing to see Brooke and her on the same side, for a change. This custody suit with Will is absolutely none of his f-ing business.  I'm tired of him yelling at Brooke all the time. Doesn't she have her own office? It might be wise if she started working at whatever she does from home. 

I'm loving the absolute disdain KKL is showing him these days.  She doesn't even try to hide it. 

• Love 8

I'd rather not have had Courtney Hope return to the Bold and the Beautiful if all she's going to do is prop a non-actress in JMW.  I'd much rather seen Hope, Brooke, and Sally with silent partner funding from Bill tell the Forresters to fuck right off and go into business for themselves.

It's already on my nerves that Sally will work with Nasal Stuffiness.  What a waste.  Courtney Hope's talents would have been better used if Susan Flannery's Stephanie was still on the canvas.

Pardon me, back under the rock goeth I.

• Love 9

If the writers are trying to make me despise Katie, then good job.  Katie's complaint, which is really Thorne's complaint, is that Bill doesn't spend enough time with Will.  So when Bill tries to spend time with Will, Katie does everything she can to prevent it.  Katie can drop dead along with Ridge and Thorne.  None of these people have any business judging Bill.

I would actually like to see a friendship between Steffy and Sally.  However, I'm sure that instead Brad Bell will at some point have the two of them fighting over a man because that is all he knows how to write.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Courtney Hope's talents would have been better used if Susan Flannery's Stephanie was still on the canvas.

Ah, man, why'd you put that in my head?

1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Katie's complaint, which is really Thorne's complaint, is that Bill doesn't spend enough time with Will.  So when Bill tries to spend time with Will, Katie does everything she can to prevent it.

Really! I am so annoyed with this totally illogical plot.

• Love 6

The whole story line of Katie filing for sole custody, Bill has ignored his son, Thorne butts his big nose in it and then declares his love for Katie with a big diamond ring is one of the most illogical plots ever on this show and that’s saying a LOT. What is the point of this? A month ago, Katie was madly in love with Wyatt and Thorne wasn’t even on her radar. To add to this misery, Thorne is now whispering like his brother, Sludge. Speak up, people!

• Love 4

I thought I had said my piece on this yesterday, but nope, I'm not done.

Ridge is truly out of control.

When Brooke and Steffy are looking at you like this (a rare united front), maybe it's time to evaluate yourself:

Brooke.thumb.jpg.7e18826d68b29341efc48e83fb08df47.jpg

Steffy.thumb.jpg.49fd93e2f65ec8d5f790fc8137637250.jpg

Has he forgotten how he has preached and preached and PREACHED to Liam for MONTHS about how "a child should grow up with BOTH of its parents?" 

Yet here he is, playing judge and jury and God, and proclaiming the brother he disdained for most of his life as the perfect substitute for Will's own father. 

Thorne telling Bill: "You'll still get to see him. You should be happy about that."

angelina-jolie-salt-punch.gif

In the midst of my rage, there was the moment where Bill finally found his own light and clarity after planting a kiss on Brooke.

DnUMx-uVsAEOdRe.jpg

Brooke: “I’m a married woman and I intend to stay that way.” Married to the wrong man.

Bill apologizes: “I was just grateful. Who’s on my side these days - nobody. Nobody but you.”

She acknowledges his feeling panicked about losing Will.

DnUOfAVU4AEr6ee.jpg

Bill: "Yes. I'm feeling so many things I can't say out loud." 

DnUOfAXU0AALezq.jpg

Say them, Bill. Say them out loud. Say them now.

Brooke, who was moved more than she should have been, but who could she not be?, falters: "I should go."

Bill: "I understand something that I didn't before. And I'm sorry that it took me crossing the line with you for me to understand it. But I..." He trails off, sighs: "You wouldn't want to hear it." Thinking it's too late for this now. But it's never too late, Bill. While there's life, there's hope.

Brooke, continuing to surprise him: "Try me."

Bill: "I know where everything went wrong in my life...right when I was becoming the man I wanted to be. I mean, I had Liam and Wyatt working here by my side. Katie and I had gotten to a place where she had accepted and come to peace with our parting, and I had my youngest son. I had Will, who looked up to me, and he trusted me, and..." He sighs again, on emotional quicksand, but plunges forward: "I was happy. And I was in love."

Brooke: "What happened?"

Bill: "I lost you." Ahhhh...at long last. The truth.

Brooke sighs: "Bill, I had my reasons. You were out of control. You were obsessed with that tower. Getting it built no matter what, at the expense of others, especially Liam. I couldn't be around that." No...but you didn't have to run straight to Ridge either.

Bill, contrite: "I'm not blaming you. But maybe if you'd stayed, you could have steered me in the right direction. I wouldn't have spiraled the way that I did. But instead I doubled down, went after Steffy, ruined my relationship with Liam. Destroyed his marriage. And in the process, I ignored Will. And now I'm paying the price from that."

tumblr_ojwqha9GEy1rsojgyo1_r2_500.gif

It doesn't erase what happened and I still can't believe Brill was destroyed over a damn skyscraper but it is so great to finally hear, from Bill's own mouth, that Steffy was nothing more than a mechanism for him to truly hit rock bottom and that he lost everything when he lost Brooke. 

Brooke: "I still have reservations about you. What could allow you to do the things that you've done? But you know what? I really do think you've done the worst. I think that you've hit rock bottom. You're a good father, Bill. You love your son. You need to be there. You need to be in his life. I'm not gonna give up on Katie. I'm gonna keep trying."

Bill: "Thank you, Brooke."

Later, even further acknowledgement that Brooke was the first, the last, the only real deal.

Bill: "I've managed to kill everybody's affection for me. Except for her's. Maybe that's why I lost my head."

Justin: "No. You lost your head with Steffy. You and Brooke were good together."

They were better than "good." They were AMAZING.

Again, I'm not getting back on the Brill bandwagon, but if Ridge continues to give himself enough rope to hang himself and GarBridge for good, I'm down with that.

• Love 16