Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Would someone remind me why Thorne (my beloved Winsor) was throwing a fit over being demoted.  I cannot remember the SL. 

Winsor was always a much better actor than RM.  As much as RM was the iconic Ridge, he still couldn't act ( cheekbones to die for though). A clip like the one above shows how WH could really let loose.  You felt his anger and hurt and frustration as well as his love for his parents in that scene.  When was the last time Show had a scene like that where an actor just exploded.

Adding:   Maybe re-booted Thorne will see Sally as who Aly could have been without the mental problems and insecurities.  Thorne couldn't save Aly, but in her and Darla's memory he can help Sally achieve her goal.  Plus it lets him be his own man out from under FC/ Ridge's shadow.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Personally, I would have preferred a recast Nick. He has a son who could've been paired with any of the younger set (or Saul!) and given the unique circumstances of his conception could've been a rival for Slouchy so he'd have something to occupy his time beyond cheerleading his garbage ass father.

I can get behind that. I think another male lead in a different industry would add some interest to the plot lines. I liked Nick originally and I enjoyed him with Brooke then Bridget. 

• Love 3

I missed a few days of the show and caught up today - happy to see that Scott Clifton is rising up to this storyline with DD.  I'm really enjoying their scenes.  Isn't it only a matter of time before he falls hopelessly in love with Sally and ditches the witch?

Also enjoying DD and TK - two of the best actors on the show verbally sparring.  Ridge may have won this battle, but there will always be another one where Brooke and Bill are concerned.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I like IR very much from his GH days but - and no offense to KKL, who is still gorgeous - I don't really see the show putting those 2 together. 10 years age difference is a lot in HD.   (Maybe a fling for old times sake?) 

I imagine DD is having fun playing $Bill but what a waste of a good couple. It would have been nice to see Brooke playing the Spencer matriarch over the holidays - or at least planning for them.  They couldn't drag it out another 8 - 10 weeks?   

Yeah, I have to agree about the 10 years age diff in HD. Not that Brooke couldn't have a younger man interested in her and Ingo as a character closer to his age could've worked, but Thorne is supposed to be older. Like with Ridge the slight age changes with the recasts are throwing off all of the couplings that should be happening with Brooke.

And yep, Bridge should've had at least one family holiday together with Thanksgiving and then the implosion so that at Christmas and New Year's Brooke could be feeling the emptiness and bitterness of not being able to toast in the New Year with Bill.

But yeah, DD is happy because he obviously has a clear cut trajectory - battle Liam, flirt with seducing Steffy, seduce Steffy, blow up his relationship with Liam, get Spencer Publishing back, destroy Spectra.

29 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Personally, I would have preferred a recast Nick. He has a son who could've been paired with any of the younger set (or Saul!) and given the unique circumstances of his conception could've been a rival for Slouchy so he'd have something to occupy his time beyond cheerleading his garbage ass father.

I can't believe they're waiting to get back Jack Wagner so yeah recast...with (as suggested) Matt Ashford. He can totally play the devil may care sneering Nick and battle Ridge and snark at Bill and have a cool ass teenaged son to run rings around RJ.  Nick/Jack bonding over ribbing Ridge/RJ would make funny scenes as would Ridge/RJ bitching and moaning and bonding about their pain in the ass Marone family. It really does write itself.

• Love 5

Bill, might doesn't make right.  Leave it to Steffy to actually support Bill over Liam.  Steffy is rubbing up against Bill like a cat in heat. How long before she's doing a reverse cowgirl on this stallion? 

Bill I love you so
I always will
I look at you and see
The passion eyes of May
Oh but am I ever gonna see
My wedding day?

Oh I was on your side Bill
When you were losin'
I never scheme or lied Bill
There's been no foolin'
But kisses and love won't carry me
Till you marry me Bill

Bill I love you so
I always will 
And in you voice I hear 
A choir of carousels ........
I got the Wedding Bell Blues. 

• Love 7
On 9/26/2017 at 8:12 AM, LexieBNYC said:

Ridge is problematic yes, but at the end of the day I don't think he hates women the way Bill does.

Honestly, it's more like six in one hand, a half-dozen on the other. Ridge was well within his right to hate Amber for dating his barely legal son, but some things he was just way over the top in saying And doing towards her. And then, there was him referring to Darla as "dingbat," and looking his elitist nose down on Donna after she got with Eric despite her not only having the SAME upbringing as Brooke, but AFTER he himself had had a short fling with her as he waited for the Brick house to implode.

That said, Ridge was far better to his partners than most men in a supercpuple pairing. He wouldn't have a fight five feet away from his son's hospital room to drag his wife the way Holden Snyder would nor would he wish Brooke or Taylor dead because one of them did something he didn't approve up like Victor Newman. But his track record with the women he doesn't bang leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Question. Did Bill and Steffy ever do the deed? or did they just sniff around each other until Katie induced a heart attack?

They never banged. I think she caught them on the bed, had an actual, legit heart attack and Bill decided to put class before ass.

This was when Hope decided to rub salt into the wound, right before Steffy conked herself on the head and Bill happened to send Lame to check on her....and the rest is one of the worst chapters of B&B history.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Honestly, it's more like six in one hand, a half-dozen on the other. Ridge was well within his right to hate Amber for dating his barely legal son, but some things he was just way over the top. And then, there was him referring to Darla as "dingbat," and looking his elitist nose down on Donna after she got with Eric despite her not only having the SAME upbringing as Brooke, but AFTER he himself had had a short fling with her as he waited for the Brick house to implode.

That said, Ridge was far better to his partners than most men in a supercpuple pairing. He wouldn't have a fight five feet away from his son's hospital room to drag his wife the way Holden Snyder would nor would he wish Broome or Taylor dead because one of them did something he didnt approve up like Victor Newman. But his track record with the women he doesnt bang leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah...there is also the fact that Ridge raped two of his conquests.   Too bad the writers took the easy way out both times and tried to "pretty up" those rapes by making them so murky that his victims ended up not only forgiving him instantly, they married him and they went on to become super couples (sort of like Luke and Laura).

I do have  a question about Stuffy and Hope though.  I wasn't watching at the time, but I saw a discussion elsewhere that Stuffy encouraged her brother to go after Hope and supposedly tried to ply Hope with excess booze to make the deed easier for Thomas.  Is that true?  I would like to think Stuffy has at least one redeeming quality although I'm admittedly hard pressed to figure out what that is.  If this is true, that fossil-faced slattern with the Lee Press-On Eyebrows is truly a heinous bitch and didn't fall far from rape-facilitating tree.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

@RuntheTable, WH was so, so good and so very underrated during his tenure on the show. He more than held his own with JMc and SF unlike the wooden RM. 

It's a shame they are bringing Thorne back and for what sounds like a frontburner storyline and not letting WH step back into the role he more than made his own.

I didn't realize TK was German (makes his difficulties hiding his accent make much more sense now). Call me silly but I always thought he was Irish.

Brooke and Ridge as friends... I would be ok with that IF I trusted Ridge but since I trust Ridge about as far as I can throw him and I can't even pick him up, well, there you go.

You might be confusing his days on One Life to Live as Irish poet Patrick Thornhart.  He hooked up with Marty Saybrook after her gang rape by Todd Manning and his school chums.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

It would be a great storyline to have Brooke revisit her life before she met the Forresters.  We all look back on past relationships and wonder, "what if I had stayed with him/her?".  It would be so much better than Brooke bouncing back and forth between Ridge and Bill.

I was engaged when I was a senior in high school.  The day I was accepted into college he dumped me because he felt I was too smart for him.  I was way too smart for him but my 17 year old heart was broken.  I always wondered what ever happened to him and how my life would have been different if I had married him.  Thanks to facebook, I secretly tracked him down and found out he had not changed much over the years.  He is still a big old stoner who went to his daughter's high school graduation wearing dirty jeans, a pink floyd t-shirt and MAGA baseball cap.  I so dodged a bullet.  Three cheers for young woman getting a great education.  :)

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I do have  a question about Stuffy and Hope though.  I wasn't watching at the time, but I saw a discussion elsewhere that Stuffy encouraged her brother to go after Hope and supposedly tried to ply Hope with excess booze to make the deed easier for Thomas.  Is that true?  I would like to think Stuffy has at least one redeeming quality although I'm admittedly hard pressed to figure out what that is.  If this is true, that fossil-faced slattern with the Lee Press-On Eyebrows is truly a heinous bitch and didn't fall far from rape-facilitating tree.

Indeed she did. She orchestrated this silly Three-Stooges type of romp around Cabo where Steffy was desperately trying to keep Liam from crossing paths with Hope. It was ridiculous because all four of them (Steam/Lame, Hope and Thomas) were all staying at the same resort. Steffy strong-armed Thomas into occupying Hope and yes, that included trying to get Hope liquored up on margaritas and other drinks. I think that there was even a proposal from Thomas in the works before Hope (who was giddy from the booze) laughed it off or something.  The coup de grace was an anti-climatic ATV chase around the beach and that's when Steffy's vehicle overturned and let to Blood-clot-gate. Hope was also prancing around in a Mexican ER suite in the skimpiest of bikinis whining and acting all indignant about Liam's decision. While I have zero sympathy for Fauxdi, Hope didn't show one iota of concern.

I am also very pissed off at the dissolution of Brill after only a few months. If the Sludge helicopter-dump was a deal-breaker with Brooke, why wait to bring it up now? It wasn't a significant enough misdeed to keep her from marrying Bill. I am insulted that the writers are grasping at such pathetic straws for a GarBridge reunion. Why didn't they just have Brooke wake up one morning and decide that she was in love with Ridge again? That would have put all of us out of our collective misery sooner.

Maybe Katie will get the ball rolling on Bill being prosecuted. I didn't quite understand why Brooke couldn't just come out and tell Katie directly what happened. Unfortunately, Katie will blab to Wyatt and he will shut down any attempts at notifying Lt. Hotdog.

I don't care either way about WH or Thorne. I am in the minority but I felt very neutral about both the actor and character, more wavering towards the "meh" side.  While I know that the writing obviously isn't the fault of the actor, I felt that most of the time, Thorne was just sort of background noise. The one or two times, WH was given the opportunity to truly act, he shone brightly (e.g. the above clip and Macy's funeral scene.) Otherwise, I thought Thorne was kind of passive and wimpy and should have asserted himself more. The worst was when he and Felicia were torturing Donna in an effort to reunite "Mommy and Daddy." Again, poor writing.  Anyway, that new guy looks HAWT, so I am interested to see what's in store for him.

I can think of many ways to free up salary money to hire replacement actors/actresses: 1) Nicole, 2) Charlie, 3) Pam, 4) Slouchy and 5) Sheila. (PSST ... Summer is over.) Rick and Maya could get sent to Paris indefinitely and be slated into recurring instead of contract.

I'm really not looking forward to a fall with the focus on Bill/Steffy/Liam/Sally.  I'm tired of them.  Steffy and Bill used to have wicked hot chemistry the first time around but not feeling it now. Liam and Sally are sort of cute together but I don't see them in the long haul. I don't think that Sally would put up with his self-righteous BS and sanctimonious attitude for very long. I think that once the luster of him being her benefactor wears off, things will cool down quickly. Then there will be another ho to rescue.

My question is if these whiplash SL changes and new casting are the result of the abrupt departures of PF and RF which left the writers scrambling?  Since neither character had a direct effect of Brill or Sludge, I'm having a difficult time figuring out the demise of Brill and rebuilding (maybe?) of GarBridge. As far as Tally, Sally seems like about the only female character on the show with the exception of Ivy (who must have made her required SAG card appearance today) who can function just fine without a man.

I am not looking forward to any of this but not about to quit watching.  Maybe the point to all of this WTF-ery is because the spies on this board know how well we can read Brad Bell.  Everything was fairly predictable except Thorne. We'll see ...

• Love 8

Bell really is predictable.  B&B is unique in that it hasn't changed hands through a revolving door of head writers intent on destroying the show's legacy like Y&R, the P&G shows or the ABC lineup. But in the last twelve years, that's become a double-edged sword.

The Brooke/Taylor feud is a great example. It never evolved,it just turned into Taylor the shrill harpy and Brooke the moron who thought Destiny gave her a free pass for whatever. KKL very rightfully declined to do another stab at Bricky, but baby Jack could have been another, non-Ridge related layer to explore that was cut off at the knees faster than you could say "He cries too much." The kid ended up spending far more time with Bridget than he did with Brooke, who just *had* to have custody of him.

Jack could've been B&B's Philip III. Instead we got them using their daughters to keep taking the piss at each other, pushing them onto a Ridge clone with all the sex appeal of mush.

And then, there was the upheaval the show went through as Moss and Flannery left within weeks of one another since so much story, even with the new ToD consuming so much airtime, revolved around them. That Bell had gotten complacent with writing for his four aces shown through quite clearly in the following months.

I will give Bell credit, because he does seem to be acknowledging fan complaints over the last year; the lines he gave Eric calling Liam out for the waffle he'd been up to that point are still in my favorite scenes EVER on this show. But more importantly than lip service, he's actually fixing the issues. Liam finally has a distinct personality separate from Steffy and for once their conflict is driven by who they are as people, and not outside circumstances. It's no secret I'm all out of fucks to give for Steamless, but it's a refreshing change to see any couple drift apart for that reason and not contrived idiocy that's defined both their romantic histories (together and separately).

And Sally! She has been a treasure! Or more accurately, what her character represents: an outsider perspective who we can see grow and scrape and eventually hold her own against these established families. For far too long, it's been all about one entitled, spoiled brat whining at another entitled spoiled brat. Who gives a shit when no one's put in any work? At least we've seen Ridge and Thorne put in the time and hours as young men, so their fights hold far more weight than Steffy's tantrum about Katie picking Hope's equally basic campaign over hers. I just don't want Sally going Fatal Attraction on Liam when he waffles away eventually. We don't need to recycle the Nick N. Sanity. Lol.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Honestly, it's more like six in one hand, a half-dozen on the other. Ridge was well within his right to hate Amber for dating his barely legal son, but some things he was just way over the top in saying And doing towards her. And then, there was him referring to Darla as "dingbat," and looking his elitist nose down on Donna after she got with Eric despite her not only having the SAME upbringing as Brooke, but AFTER he himself had had a short fling with her as he waited for the Brick house to implode.

That said, Ridge was far better to his partners than most men in a supercpuple pairing. He wouldn't have a fight five feet away from his son's hospital room to drag his wife the way Holden Snyder would nor would he wish Broome or Taylor dead because one of them did something he didnt approve up like Victor Newman. But his track record with the women he doesn't bang leaves a lot to be desired.

Is Brick house a couple reference?

• Love 1

Nick and Bridget were referred to as Nicket.

Since we love to point out glaring script errors that highlight total detachment from actual reality ... what was that all about when the SP employee was gushing to Liam that with the new benefit plan that they "no longer had to pay co-pays and deductibles ... " On what planet? Did Liam implement a Congressional level health insurance plan or something?! LOL! Even if SP was self-insured, that is unheard of!

• Love 5

So, I watched that a bunch of times. One of my main concerns with this Whole New Liam, was losing his interactions with Bill. As many here have laid voice to; DD and SC just come alive when they are on screen together. But you know what? I doesn't seem to matter what material they are given, cause that shit yesterday was just too good! Bill was on fire:

Resti-friggin-tution?

Put a tourniquet on that bleeding heart?

But the bestest, best thing of all was how Liam shut Fauxdi down. And Fauxdi was all kinds of upset and distraught, but Sally called and that took precedent. Can I get some Hell Yeahs? I was so delighted I was squeaking and mewling like a kitten, causing my furbabies to give me their little head tilts of confusion. When Mommy gets vocal with Show it is usually shouting and cussing and well.......maybe throwing things, but they very seldom hear pleasing sounds coming outta my mouth. Then Liam delivered his parting line about calling security if Bill ever barges into his office again, and I howled with laughter. Both my babies exited the couch, and went in search of their Dad to talk to him about Mommy's weirdness. I don't really know how I feel about a Liam/Sally hookup, but I don't think I care whether I will like them or not, because I will love them for taking a hammer and chisel to the Plastic Princess's face and just cracking that shit wide open. 

Was Bill rolling his eyes at Steffy? Was that the look of victory? What the fuck is Bill doing? He was just with Brooke telling her he was sorry about losing his son; then he is storming into the office making demands and issuing threats. I know this, if he slays that dragon and fucks a Bitch, Brooke will be so completely done with him. And just to think, she doesn't even know about Bill messing with the voting results from the Swimwear Showdown or the lie he told Thomas. I don't see anyway Brooke and Bill will ever be back together. 

I hope Sally pushes Liam's little butt right up against a wall and kisses the dog shit right out of him. And for no other reason than she can. That will teach elitist Bitches about issuing threats to a fucking Ginger. 

JMW is looking more like the Walking Dead every day. I cannot believe she thinks she looks sexy, or even good. Ski slopes for cheeks, fucking cat eyes, blubber lips and that off brown/tan coloring. And that hair. After my up close and personal with the elliptical this morning, I entered the locker room and looked at myself in the mirror; sweat soaked t-shirt, red dripping face, hair stuck up in clips, and thought "You could really give that twenty something a run for her money."

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, grisgris said:

My question is if these whiplash SL changes and new casting are the result of the abrupt departures of PF and RF which left the writers scrambling? 

Hey CBS lurkers, @grisgris' question makes me wonder something.  So you've taken a character who has been on since the beginning, who was played, for several years, by an actor for who didn't leave voluntarily, and are recasting this role.  But then you have PF who's been on very few years, and you dropped decent storylines due to the actor leaving instead of recasting.  Please, lurkers/interns, explain this to me.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

This show is starting to make me feel ill. I think Bill is going to try to seduce Steffy out of spite to stab Liam in the back where he thinks it might hurt most. 

I also read today's recap and Wyatt is a snake. He's so hung up on coming in second to Liam that he appears to have forgotten to be appalled that his father is a fucking arsonist. 

• Love 6

Liam honey, listen to your Auntie Diva.

Make copies of Bill's confession and put it with your lawyer and in a safety deposit box that no one else knows about or can access. Do not tell anyone you have done this.  Leave a letter with someone you trust (like Sally?) to be opened in the event of your death or disappearance.  The letter should have another letter addressed to Lt Hot Dog to be delivered.  Keep your phone away from Fauxdi, Bill and Wyatt at all times.  Actually -- put the phone you have in the safety deposit box and get a new phone.

Do Not trust Fauxdi or Wyatt.  You already know not to trust $Bill.

And .....  I know Katie is upset with Bill about the arson (and it is a criminal act), but her intense freaking out is just OTT x 1000.  She's acting like she found out he's the Ted Bundy of LA.  She was positively hyperventilating when Brooke told her. She was having a near panic attack with Wyatt today.

• Love 16
On 9/26/2017 at 1:33 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I am hoping that the reason Bell recast Thorne with IR is because he is rebooting the character.  I can't see IR playing Thorne as the passive kid brother.  I am not blaming WH, Thorne has been written that way since the beginning of the show.  I would like to see IR's Thorne come back, kick Ridge and the Taytots asses and take his rightful place in the family and at Forrester.  It would be icing on the cake if they could figure out a way to bring back a stronger and empowered Aly. 

15 hours ago, grisgris said:

My question is if these whiplash SL changes and new casting are the result of the abrupt departures of PF and RF which left the writers scrambling?  Since neither character had a direct effect of Brill or Sludge, I'm having a difficult time figuring out the demise of Brill and rebuilding (maybe?) of GarBridge. As far as Tally, Sally seems like about the only female character on the show with the exception of Ivy (who must have made her required SAG card appearance today) who can function just fine without a man.

I think the hiring of IR is stunt cast driven and not storyline driven:

Show has a budget

They were going to bring IR on for a short term role because their budget was already stretched with having to hire Sheila & give Charlie more air time

Then the Zende & Thomas actors decided to leave the show.  That instantly frees up 2 salaries that could go to paying IR on a longer term basis.

There's no need for their partners to be on full time either (Nicole & Caroline). That frees up 2 more paychecks.

Show asked itself what role could they have IR play, since they now have more money in the budget to pay him.  Show said hey, he's got blond hair & blue eyes, lets' make him the new Thorne Forrester.  Won't everyone be shocked! that he's the new Thorne Forrester?

Unfortunately, that meant firing Winsor Harmon.

There's now no need to recast Thomas.  There's no point to have both Thomas AND Thorne whine about being passed over in favor of their Golden Child siblings.  Sally has a nice chemistry with Liam and now an organic reason to be feuding with Steffy (Liam racing to Sally's rescue) rather than fighting for clicks, likes & retweets.  Show could also pair her up with Thorne or as someone said, Thorne could see Sally as the daughter he wishes was still alive (hey, both Aly & Sally had/have red hair) and be her fairy godfather and protector against Bill.

There will be no Zende or Thomas recasts for the near future.  Their salaries, as well as the salaries of Nicole & Caroline and probably Sheila & Charlie will now be direct depositing into IR's bank account.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, La di Diva said:

And .....  I know Katie is upset with Bill about the arson (and it is a criminal act), but her intense freaking out is just OTT x 1000.  She's acting like she found out he's the Ted Bundy of LA.  She was positively hyperventilating when Brooke told her. She was having a near panic attack with Wyatt today.

I thought that, too, Diva, but then I was thinking that what Katie was probably thinking is that if Bill is exposed, it would really affect Will negatively. First of all, if $Bill is in jail, no income = no child support (she may have gotten a lump sum, but in the real world, that would be an issue). Second, she probably doesn't want Will to be known as the son of a convicted arsonist. Third, she's a straight-up drama queen, & can't let a chance to judge $Bill pass her by - not saying she's wrong in this instance, but she is a judgey bitch. Plus, she can get all riled-up because he betrayed her sister, the same sister who betrayed Katie, by sleeping with $Bill in the first place, while he was married to Katie, but, again, any chance to judge. 

However, to me, all of the Will worrying is negated by the fact that she's sleeping with her son's brother!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, nkotb said:

However, to me, all of the Will worrying is negated by the fact that she's sleeping with her son's brother!

Eh, does Will really know Wyatt that well to be all that bothered? Neither Liam nor Wyatt babysit so they're just big blobs who yell at daddy when mommy isn't ;)

Katie freaking out is, well, she's never stopped loving him, wanting him to be better, and act better so I can see this being a big disappointment to her in that none of the progress he made with her 'stuck'. Wyatt should be giving a slight side eye at Katie for her obvious deep emotional investment in Bill and thinking 'Have I set myself up in another damn triangle with a family member?'

• Love 3

Can Bill be more self unaware?  Betrayal of a father is worse than anything he has done?  Give me a friggin brake. Now Wyatt is team Bill?  Overlook Bill's crimes just because he's jealous of Liam.  Wyatt just had to have Steffy for what I believe now was more about ego than love. The same with Hope.  Also, Wyatt had to have Liam's house because it was bigger and he should be running Spencer over Liam. Now Wyatt is all up in his father's ex wife.  The more I'm starting to respect Liam, the more I'm loosing respect for Wyatt. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Wyatt had to have Liam's house because it was bigger

I wanted to punch Wyatt in the throat when he pulled that.  His sense of entitlement was as big as Steffy's wig.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, grisgris said:

Nick and Bridget were referred to as Nicket.

Since we love to point out glaring script errors that highlight total detachment from actual reality ... what was that all about when the SP employee was gushing to Liam that with the new benefit plan that they "no longer had to pay co-pays and deductibles ... " On what planet? Did Liam implement a Congressional level health insurance plan or something?! LOL! Even if SP was self-insured, that is unheard of!

#LiamSpencerforPresident2020

I tried imagining Steffy playing Jackie Kennedy with the pillbox hat and i just can't ?

49 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Can Bill be more self unaware?  Betrayal of a father is worse than anything he has done?  Give me a friggin brake. Now Wyatt is team Bill?  Overlook Bill's crimes just because he's jealous of Liam.  Wyatt just had to have Steffy for what I believe now was more about ego than love. The same with Hope.  Also, Wyatt had to have Liam's house because it was bigger and he should be running Spencer over Liam. Now Wyatt is all up in his father's ex wife.  The more I'm starting to respect Liam, the more I'm loosing respect for Wyatt. 

Wyatt is always Team Bill. And regardless of Lame's problematic personality issues, he at least built up a relationship  with Bill before demanding money and shit. Wyatt just showed up one day and was like GIMME GIMME GIMME.

1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I thought that, too, Diva, but then I was thinking that what Katie was probably thinking is that if Bill is exposed, it would really affect Will negatively. First of all, if $Bill is in jail, no income = no child support (she may have gotten a lump sum, but in the real world, that would be an issue). Second, she probably doesn't want Will to be known as the son of a convicted arsonist. Third, she's a straight-up drama queen, & can't let a chance to judge $Bill pass her by - not saying she's wrong in this instance, but she is a judgey bitch. Plus, she can get all riled-up because he betrayed her sister, the same sister who betrayed Katie, by sleeping with $Bill in the first place, while he was married to Katie, but, again, any chance to judge. 

Eh. Rick and Bridget were raised by Ridge for most of their formative years and they didn't seem to have any issues--

?

But yeah, that's gotta be a little bit awkward, right?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Katie had to be told instead of learning it through snooping, also multiple people knew before her so she couldn't make any smug faces or hold it over anyone's head. Naturally she's disappointed. 

• Love 8

Yeah, Katie was out of control when Brooke "told" her about Bill ordering the arson. And then when she told Wyatt, she was totally over the top. What is wrong with this woman? And what is wrong with Brooke? All of the tears, the angst, the anguish. Kick his sorry ass to the curb and move on! Do something worthwhile with your life. Take care of your kids and your "jobs" whatever those are. Why are these women so dependent on men for their happiness in 2017? For crying out loud. This makes me ill.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

Yeah, Katie was out of control when Brooke "told" her about Bill ordering the arson. And then when she told Wyatt, she was totally over the top. What is wrong with this woman? And what is wrong with Brooke? All of the tears, the angst, the anguish. Kick his sorry ass to the curb and move on! Do something worthwhile with your life. Take care of your kids and your "jobs" whatever those are. Why are these women so dependent on men for their happiness in 2017? For crying out loud. This makes me ill.

This is a large part of why I loved Bridget. Even on the occasions where she did something really WTF (like telling Nick she'd had an abortion...I get her rational for that and she ended up being justified in her suspicions, but...), for the most part she wasn't defined by a man. She didn't collapse into a ball after Deacon cheated; she burned his shit and went on to med school. Nick and Bridget needed to be over the first damn time, but it was always Nick the one grovelling for her to take him back. And when her ONS with Owen got out, Bridget got to utter a line about him owing her at least some forgiveness given their history...nor did she say "Well, Nick is gone, lemme bust up Owen and Jackie for my kid."

I kinda want Bridget to stay gone so they don't turn her into another weak willed woman.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MotherInLaw said:

This dragged out setup of Bill and Steffy is so skeevy that I'm creeped out watching it.  I feel like I need a shower.  Ewwwwww

I give it an Ick Factor score of 9.25.  The score could have been higher had the degree of Ick been higher.  The degree of difficulty on sucking face is 1.50.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Liam honey, listen to your Auntie Diva.

Make copies of Bill's confession and put it with your lawyer and in a safety deposit box that no one else knows about or can access. Do not tell anyone you have done this.  Leave a letter with someone you trust (like Sally?) to be opened in the event of your death or disappearance.  The letter should have another letter addressed to Lt Hot Dog to be delivered.  Keep your phone away from Fauxdi, Bill and Wyatt at all times.  Actually -- put the phone you have in the safety deposit box and get a new phone.

No, Liam should tell Bill that there are multiple copies in safety deposit boxes in banks all over California, and, if something happens to him, then his attorney (not named) will send a copy to Lt. Hot Dog and copies to major news outlets lickety-split.

• Love 12

If Wyatt were any kind of smart instead of piling on Liam and supporting Bill in that confrontation, he would've shocked everyone and agreed with Liam and supported him in saying what Bill did was wrong. He's still pissed Liam made the power grab, but he did it for understandable reasons. And when Bill turns on Wyatt, Wyatt could defend that Bill's crazy ruthless actions remind him of Quinn when she was at her worse. Unstable, dangerous, and all about what they think is right and everyone else - including the innocent - be damned and unforeseen collateral damage. He already has a crazy mother, he thought at least his father would be stable.

Bill leaves in a huff, Liam is chuffed to have Wyatt of all people see things from his point of view and is open to Wyatt working at the company with him so they can right Bill's wrongs.

Later, Bill is at home drinking and cursing both his sons when Wyatt shows up and reveals he said all that to ingratiate himself with Liam so he can be the inside guy for Bill - he's going to help Bill get his company back - our company, Bill corrects as he pulls Wyatt into a hug. Wyatt says he will prove once and for all that Wyatt is a real Spencer and Bill's true son and heir.

Of course this is complicated once Watie is revealed and Bill may even plan to double cross Wyatt and keep the company for himself once all is said and done. When/if that happened then Wyatt really would throw in with Liam and realize that Bill is always truly going to be about #1 and that his sons have to stick together to get what's theirs.

Instead Wyatt is so short sighted and unable to tamp down his inferiority complex he's shooting himself in the foot and looking like a big baby.

• Love 8

Liam needs to tell Wyatt that he gave Sally the Spectra property because if Sally or the police ever found out Bill set the fire, Spencer Publications might end up being Spectra Publications after Sally sues them and Bill winds up in jail.  I didn't see yesterday's episode so I don't know if this happened or not.

Karen really needs to be a part of this story because she owns 50% of Spencer and Liam's gifting of buildings to Sally affects her bottom line, too.

• Love 7

Why would Wyatt give two shits about what Bill did? I think he's just mad he didn't find out first so he could lord it over Daddy Dearest.

I mean, he handwaved away his mother attempting to kill Liam on multiple occasioning, not to mention the kidnapping and multiple rapes of his brother. What's a little arson?

And if siding with his criminal father means he'll topple Liam as the #1 son, he'll do it.

Equally disgusting is his siding with his heifer ex - wonder what Katie would do if she had heard any of that? Speaking of, she knew what Bill was. She knew that he was thisclose to killing Amber (attempted murder #1), that he dumped Ridge into the ocean (attempted murder #2), and that when she confronted him about lying about Steffy having a lifethreatening condition to keep Liam away from Hope, his response was to lock her in a tower. So all the weeping and gnashing of teeth is really laughable and makes me want to slap her.

But the most disgusting by far is watching said heifer paw at Bill and him letting her and what's worse, his continued proclamations of her being "an incredible woman." She's an incredible piece of work is what she is.

I can't believe I ever thought Still was hot back in the day because it makes me sick to watch the two of them now and wow, it's eerie, the similarities in dialogue back then as it is now. But of course the lazy PTB dust off old scripts all the time and proclaim them "new."

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko1_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko2_250.gif

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko3_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko4_250.gif

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko5_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko6_250.gif

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko7_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko8_250.gif

DD looked good then and still does although I like the lighter color and disheveled haircut on him vs the slicked back black as his heart look he sports now. JMW - she was a gorgeous, fresh-faced young woman and now she's a wax dummy.

Notice the difference in DD's expression when Steffy hugs him then vs now and the cold, calculating expression now. She will think it's twue wuv while he's thinking of true revenge.

The only reason I am still tuning in at this point is because Liam has his balls back and seeing Sally smile. While I am on board with Tally, I'd prefer they remain friends or at least friends for a good long while first given this is Waffles we're talking about.

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

DD looked good then and still does although I like the lighter color and disheveled haircut on him vs the slicked back black as his heart look he sports now.

I was just about to say, damn DD looked different and a little rougher and wilder around the edges back then. Love it. Definitely contrasted against his salt and pepper slicked back pompadour.  And seriously? DD and SC are styled so similarly that Liam is literally a blond reflection of DD. They really look like they could be father and son. SC has had the exact same expressions that DD has in the older clips.

I think that in the later clips with Bill's expression as Steffy hugs him that we're to infer that Bill's going so far evil that he's manipulating the show's 'heroine' Steffy and taking advantage of her. Still this time around won't be Steffy in the driver's seat, but Bill.

• Love 7

Katie & Brooke probably felt that Bill had changed.  Brooke in particular probably felt Bill had changed for her. 

And then she finds out nope, he hasn't changed.  She thought she was marrying New & Improved Bill, not Original Recipe Bill.

• Love 10

Oh Bill, you are so rotten. So, you were lying to Brooke’s face yet again. Going to her house and saying how you are remorseful and want to make amends with Liam, then going straight to SP’s and threatening Liam, and then having that disturbing conversation with Wyatt. How does Bill think this was all going to play out? He brings Liam down hard, but somehow Brooke wouldn’t know he was behind it? I think she would be highly suspicious if anything were to happen to Liam. And if you bang your daughter-in-law to cut Liam with the ultimate knife of betrayal? Did you think Brooke would just be ok with all of this after you told her that going forward you were going to walk the line? I truly believe that Bill has lost it. His love of Sky has taken over and he has lost all sense of right and wrong and boundaries.

And this nonsense that nothing is worse than a son betraying his father? The hell? Bill has betrayed his children, his wife, his company, his employee's, he has also broken the law, destroyed a young woman's budding future, and put any number of people's lives in peril. So $Bill, you can take some seats, and you can also shut the fuck up.

And Wyatt? Wow; I am so disappointed. Wyatt has always had an “edge”, and is certainly more like Bill than Liam, but he still has had some ethics and some morals. But it seems his jealousy of Liam is going to outweigh all that is good in Wyatt. And I just do not understand the jealousy. Bill and Liam had a fully developed relationship long before Wyatt landed in Bell LA, and he was treated much better than Liam was in the beginning. Bill just accepted him as his son, and started giving him stuff without the benefit of any DNA tests. The way Wyatt carries on about being “The Forgotten Son” one would think he is Thorne Forrester, a man who has lived his life as “The Other Forrester Son”, and truly knows how it feels to be slighted and to come in second. Well, make that third cause Rick usually supersedes Thorne in all things too. And Wyatt better consider his relationship with Katie; who was clearly not on board for Bill as an arsonist. If Wyatt supports Bill against Liam, and plays any part in bringing Liam down, I think Katie will be done with him. Could that possibly leave her open for a relationship with the newly cast Thorne?

The Confession Tape is starting to sound a lot like Ivy’s Videeeyo; and we all know that Wyatt was on the verge of deleting it. Liam needs to exercise extreme caution with that evidence. I would bet dollars to donuts that Bill will try to enlist both Steffy and Wyatt to try and get their hands on it and destroy it. I would love to see Wyatt threatening Liam with deleting it, not knowing that Liam has found out about Wyatt's secret relationship with Katie, and Liam saying "Go ahead; delete it. And if you do, I will inform Dad about you and Katie, and he will delete you; from his life".

I have seen a lot of inappropriate relationships on Show, but none of them compare to the gross out factor of Steffy and Bill. I don’t know why, but watching them “support” each other is giving me a raging case of the sticky icks. The only other pairing that comes close is Ridge and Bridget; a coupling that scorched by corneas, and prevented me from watching the squickiness of that mess.

I can kinda understand Katie’s overreaction. Bill is the father of her son, and the man she pledged her future to. He is someone she loves, and now she sees him as an entirely different person. And of course, this is Katie we are talking about; the Queen of Over Dramatizing Every Fucking Thing.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

In their initial confrontation where Bill confessed to the arson, didn't Liam tell Bill he was sending the confession file to a few different places before Bill even knew what was happening?

Yes, he did. So they could delete the recording on his phone but he's got at least one back up copy.

• Love 4

Finally. Finally!!! Liam told Wyatt about the Carolying Lie.  Wyatt thought it was so nuts he didn't believe it at first.  Because you know why?  It is nuts.

I saw a glimmer today that Wyatt might get on board with Liam to run the kinder, gentler SP, making it not just wildly profitable, but a really great company.  At the very least Wyatt looked interested when Liam asked if he wanted to be part of the new SP.

• Love 11

Oh God, I hope so because I can't even with his entitlement. Like, homeboy should be happy with Katie, being too busy getting MILF action give two shits about the anthropomorphic Belgian waffle that he calls his brother and pissing on him.

Ridge and Nick worked well as antagonists against one another...at least before Nick became an entitlement brat himself. Liam and Wyatt work well when they can put aside differences and work together, and I hope TPTB can let them move on from fighting over women to  having some semblance of a relationship.

• Love 2

Wow! Same old ?.  Liam don't you remember what happened to Ivy when she deleted the video of Steffy smashing Aly over the head with a rock?  Ivy got fired because Princess Steffy couldn't trust her and would only rehired Ivy if she would model in her knickers.  Not only that, Steffy almost BBQed Ivy, in a confrontation, because Steffy just had to stick her nose into Wyatt's and Ivy's business.  Ah, but in an odd way Liam does remember and knows Bill's spots won't change. Hey Steffy, aren't you going against your father. You want Brooke and Bill back together but you know your father wants Brooke also.  Steffy, you POS, your on the side of doing the right thing?  You wouldn't know the right thing if it was sitting on your head.  Hey Bill, when was the last time you took your hog out of the garage?  Now was that an invitation "to go  up the country" or a come on.  Meow ?You got a friend in me. Should we start calling Steffy and Bill, Woody and Buzz?  Yes, Steffy is wooden and Bill, like Buzz, is delusional and turbulent.  

Wyatt STFU, since when are you the ambassador of moral turpitude.  Liam is right, Wyatt would do exactly the same thing if it meant he would be CEO. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Steffy, you POS, your on the side of doing the right thing?  You wouldn't know the right thing if it was sitting on your head.

She certainly doesn't know when the wrong thing is sitting on her head. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I can't believe I ever thought Still was hot back in the day because it makes me sick to watch the two of them now and wow, it's eerie, the similarities in dialogue back then as it is now. But of course the lazy PTB dust off old scripts all the time and proclaim them "new."

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko1_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko2_250.gif

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko3_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko4_250.gif

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko5_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko6_250.gif

tumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko7_250.giftumblr_owyofkwZhK1r03pmko8_250.gif

DD looked good then and still does although I like the lighter color and disheveled haircut on him vs the slicked back black as his heart look he sports now. JMW - she was a gorgeous, fresh-faced young woman and now she's a wax dummy.

Notice the difference in DD's expression when Steffy hugs him then vs now and the cold, calculating expression now. She will think it's twue wuv while he's thinking of true revenge.

Well, at least her mama would be proud that she has managed to bed yet another man those "evil" Logan wimmins had.  Even if one could erase the Patron Saint of Skankery's misdeeds (including crimes that her husband still covers up), what in the world about her says: "remarkable," "incredible," "BEAUTIFUL," "special" and all the other ridiculous superlatives that are thrown her way?

And, of course, she'll wind up pregnant and her fans will have to endure months of her agonizing about who her baby-daddy is.

• Love 5

Brooke's family goes to Bill's house to pack up her stuff, take it to her house where all of the moochers live for free because they're too poor to buy their own houses and then put away her personal belongings? I would blow a gasket if my kids did that! They had no right to do what she wasn't even sure she wanted to do yet. And even if she was sure, it was another way for her to separate herself from Bill. What a bunch of buttinskys. Get out of my house, you lousy kids!! 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Finally. Finally!!! Liam told Wyatt about the Carolying Lie.  Wyatt thought it was so nuts he didn't believe it at first.  Because you know why?  It is nuts.

I was coming online to post those exact words!  If people thought Katie's reaction was OTT, wait'll she gets a whiff of this.  And wait till Ridge finds out that Steffy knew, and that Thomas still doesn't.  I don't know why this news wasn't delivered as a package.

• Love 9

Gam2 -- totally agree.  Raya, Sludge, and CoSlo(uch) had zero right to pack Brooke things.  How do they even know they got everything?  And then to put them away as a "surprise."  Umm ... in a word ..... No.  I'm sure it was Sludge's idea as a way to stick it to Bill. 

Speaking of Sludge, could he have been any more in your face, hinting he wanted to move into Brooke's house?  His whole,"living in a hotel, the loft doesn't feel right, I'm only at home at Dad's and here" whine was so obvious it was funny -- except not, because I think he expected Brooke to invite him to live there.  If Brooke's house is home, then what was his house with Taylor? 

I have to say this, although it pains me.  While Fauxdi will never be a fave, I have to feel a little for her whenever Sludge goes on and on and on and on about Brooke -- his one true love, the only woman for him, their never-can-be broken connection, being a family with RJ, etc, etc, etc.  I mean, does Ridge not remember how much he loved Taylor?  That he was married to her for years, had 3 children -- a family -- with her, and that when he's waxing rhapsodic about twu wuv Brooke to Fauxdi he's doing it to Taylor's daughter.  The man is completely self-absorbed.

Fauxdi certainly looked like a ride-or die chick today, all in black, leather jacket and the extreme winged out eyeliner. Tempting $Bill to take his hog out.  Bill is so playing her to get back at Liam.  I'm suspect though, that if Fauxdi keeps supporting Bill over Liam, he may not care as much as Bill thinks.. Liam is beginning to give Faux the side eye and see her for the entitled brat she is.  Even if he isn't falling for Sally, he can't help but see the contrast between the two,  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, La di Diva said:

I have to say this, although it pains me.  While Fauxdi will never be a fave, I have to feel a little for her whenever Sludge goes on and on and on and on about Brooke -- his one true love, the only woman for him, their never-can-be broken connection, being a family with RJ, etc, etc, etc.  I mean, does Ridge not remember how much he loved Taylor?  That he was married to her for years, had 3 children -- a family -- with her, and that when he's waxing rhapsodic about twu wuv Brooke to Fauxdi he's doing it to Taylor's daughter.  The man is completely self-absorbed.

I don't. 

If Ridge had ever put Brooke and their family as a priority in action and not in cheap, revisionist history, I maybe would have felt bad for her--in 2010, before she used her Poor Little Rich Girl routine as an excuse to bully her sister for shit she had no control over (Hope was no angel herself, but to her credit she never leaned on her upbringing by Brooke or the fucked up circumstances of her conception as an excuse for her bouts into mean girl territory).

But that "He put Brooke and her family first" crap is just that. If he ever did, she and Phoebe wouldn't even exist. He wouldn't have married Taylor at Stephanie's bedside without so much as a phone call ahead of time to let her known. He wouldn't have stayed married to Taylor once the truth about the heart attack came out. He wouldn't have waited till Taylor outed herself as the hypocritical pious liar many had known her to be for years to go running back to Brooke. He damn sure wouldn't have broken up a whole marriage over a text that the father of her child sent asking about their daughter. And if Sheila hadn't played Dorothy to Ruin/Quidge's Wicked Witch of the East, he wouldn't give one flying fuck about Brooke now.

And God knows how sick and tired I've become listening to Rick whine about how poorly Ridge treats women (especially when his own record has as many spots as a Dalmatian), but just because Bill ain't shit doesn't mean the last three decades--and the last year in particular--didn't happen. This would have been the one instance where Rick reading Sludge for filth would have been entirely justified.

And RJ? God, the kid is hopeless. Back in the old days, a kid finding out about about his parent betraying the other was often the catalyst for said kid going off with their bf/gf, running away for the summer or nearly getting married or getting shitfaced in anger before crashing the car they stormed off in. This was oddly the one thing that ATWT still managed to pull off quite well (Luke Synder' s medical crisis with his kidney actually cane to the forefront due to his drinking after his mom got with the most blatant character sacrifice I've ever seen in service of a supercouple, and that includes Nick Payne Keith, which became a big part in many of his subsequent arcs).

How much more effective would Slouchy's crash have been if he was angry that his illusions were shattered? How could Ridge continue on with Quinn knowing he was the reason his son neatly died? I don't think even this version of Ridge, manchild that he is, is that much of a bastard to at least hesitate after something like that.

I've never been one of those Get Those Kids Off My Lawn types where young talent is concerned. A generational show by necessity needs to develop new, younger talent to continue, but we also need to give a shit. And I don't give two fucks about  whiny bitchbaby Ridge Fotrester Jr who has even less of a personality than Liam did a year ago. 

• Love 8