Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Artsda said:

How did Deacon have such good aim while being so drunk? lol

This is an excellent point!

1 hour ago, grisgris said:

At this point, I can't come up with anybody other than Deacon. I honestly can't picture Ivy doing something like that but stranger things have happened and it would give AB something better to play than Quinn's handmaiden. /shrug

I think it's Deacon because he apparently still has an axe to grind (rightly so ... ) but why now? He was all too eager to help Quinn pursue Eric and that was after his accidental cliff diving. Since he was drinking Eric's liquor, I am wondering if he's fallen off the wagon recently and has been going around in a drunken blackout blind rage taking potshots at Quinn and thankfully, being too drunk to be accurate. I guess that doesn't seem any more far-fetched than anything else.

Also, Quinn and Deacon are legally and finally divorced, aren't they?  No surprise bigamy going on here?

I'm sure that Sludge is going to get all of the oohs and ahhs and praise for saving Quinn's life when it really was Katie. This can now be the loophole to justify Quinn and Ridge's "whatever this is." Just like how Steffy imprinted onto Liam when he saved her from drowning (oh, if he'd only been just a few seconds too late ...) Quinn is going to now be beholden to Ridge. If they get caught in the act doing anything or full-blown feelings develop, Quinn has the escape clause by saying that she just fell in love with Ridge for saving her from Deacon.

I'm not sure where this leaves Sheila, though. I can't figure out her being long-term. The cast is already heavily weighted with women in the 40-50 range so unless it's to develop a QoD with Eric/Quinn/Ridge, I don't see anything else. How about her being a nanny to Lizzie? Hee!

It wouldn't surprise me if Taylor suddenly appeared back at Eric's door still clad in her pajamas and stroll right up the stairs to the bedroom where her abrupt departure began. I'd love to see how tangle with Quinn and/or Sheila.  I wonder if HT and KB still hate each other.

KB looks so luminous. I don't know if it's her new hair color or what? Her face is definitely fuller and softer -- naturally with age -- but she just has this soft glow about her. Even when she was in the police station getting booked, she had this calm demeanor about her. Her eyes just sparkle.

I guess that all we can do is just buckle up and and enjoy the ride!

I was not here for Sheila in B/B world, and barely saw her in the Y and R universe.  But I thought she looked quite scary.  Her eyes looked black and dead to me.  And I don't even have history with this character.  Which I guess means she was super scary back then.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, tessaray said:

PF is a good actor - it might have been easier to walk back rape night if he hadn't been such an effective creeper.  LG was pretty good too, the horror of waking up with Thomas there, the confusion, the pain...

Just to clarify, it wasn't rape night that ruined Caroline for me, but the writers walking it back. Whether or not someone saw rape (in scenes where Caroline was too drunk/out of it to say no, or even know that it was Thomas with her by then), to make the character backtrack and then want a relationship with him left a really bad impression. I stopped watching after that for quite a while. I just couldn't. 

ETA: as for the "why walk rape night back", the Forrester son/grandson does have to be a romantic lead, right? Honestly though, if it hadn't been for Sasha, I'd still be FF'ing everything Thomas related. 

To be entirely honest, these past few months with Sasha and then Sally have been the first real development Thomas has had as a viable character since his last even remotely appropriate love interest was written out about two Presidents ago. For most of the 2000s, he just existed and aside from when he tried to blow Rick up, the Drew Tyler Bell version was almost a non-entity.

Then there was the cutie pie one, but damn, Steve Burton, Jason Thompson and Ronn Moss all could've given him a master class few tips. He too eas written as a creep, first with his blessedly brief fling with Hope, then the out of character obsession with Brooke.

Just as the actor was finally showing some improvement, he left and we got PF...and the Caroline stuff was his first big story IIRC, and the rest is history. For PF's sake, I'm glad he wasn't let go after The Misunderstanding(tm) all but ruined what was an oddly underutilized character, because he absolutely can do what you'd expect out of Ridge's firstborn son: he can be charming while still have a fun side. And with Steffy being the heir apparent for the business side of things, he's free to to Spectra or other side projects.

Speaking of her, this return of Sheila got me wondering if this will be the thing to help patch up their riff? Cuz she did shoot their mom dead (presumably), and is think the both of them would have some words to exchange with her on that score.

• Love 8

What a waste of Sean Kanan.  It probably wasn't the intent of the writers but I was totally #teamDeacon watching this episode.  

Of course, it might be that I am still a little bitter that they ignored a goldmine of stories by letting almost everything that happened between Quinn and Deacon happen off screen.  I do love Queric but it wasn't Liam who was the catalyst for the better (?) person that Quinn is today - it was Deacon who first accepted her just as she was.  That was the turning point for Quinn. (IMO, YMMV, and all that.) 

Still, SK, y'all.  I love seeing him on my screen.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Deacon is the shooter and Katie saves the day. So now what?  Katie and Quinn become besties?  Quinn and Ridge warm the sheets?  Sheila wins back Eric?  

Actually the most puzzling part of this is Katie, especially with a potential QoD with Sheila in the mix. While I'm glad she isn't the shooter (apparently) and that she might not be the fourth in the QoD, I do wonder what they are doing with her.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

What a waste of Sean Kanan.  It probably wasn't the intent of the writers but I was totally #teamDeacon watching this episode.  

Of course, it might be that I am still a little bitter that they ignored a goldmine of stories by letting almost everything that happened between Quinn and Deacon happen off screen.  I do love Queric but it wasn't Liam who was the catalyst for the better (?) person that Quinn is today - it was Deacon who first accepted her just as she was.  That was the turning point for Quinn. (IMO, YMMV, and all that.) 

Still, SK, y'all.  I love seeing him on my screen.  

I think this is why I will never root for Quinn.  They had to rewrite what was on screen to sell her woe is me story.

• Love 6
(edited)

If you break it all down, Damsel's in distress, dashing hero's rushing in to save the day, mysterious shooters, nosy neighbor's with pretty little spy telescopes, the return of not one, but two long forgotten spouses; then you throw in the Damsel putting down a bob and weave to rival the great Jerry Rice (God, how I love RS!), you have some good old fashioned campy, soapy goodness. Not to mention comedy gold. I must take my hat off to Show, who apparently not only read our comments in that survey, but listened to them and has acted upon them. I am impressed they have not only been willing, but have also been brave enough, to step outside of their box and write a real soap opera; one that is about more than endless triangular fucks, and cluster fucks, and relatives swapping spouses, and children running around crying about "We was ROBBED!" and "We was MANIPWULATED!" I want to thank them for giving me SLs that are intriguing and interesting and exciting. I also want to thank them for the little nuggets of pleasure that are Brill and Talley. It has been so long since there has been a couple that I can invest in, now I have two! Also, for giving me another Fashion House that is a SL goldmine, and for Darlita and Saul. Yes, Saul has been a bit mopey, and Judgy Misjudgerson lately, but his heart is broken. I still love my bland little guy, and would like so much to adjust that little tape measure thingy. 

I don't think Deacon is the shooter. The gun he had looked different, and how in heck did he get down and inside the house so quickly? Of course the shooter pool is getting pretty shallow, but I also think Deacon is way to obvious. In my gut I still feel it is Ivy, although I don't want that to be true. AB is far too talented to be shoved off that way. And we don't have many young women on the show. So I am going to go out on a limb and say the shooter is Charlie. No real reason than just because. The character is certainly expendable, and is not essential to any SL, or the show. He does have a gun, and I can imagine he is not a sharpshooter......so yeah, I am putting my money on Charlie. And I love Deacon, and all his badassness. I hate that he has been brought back this way. He didn't look mean to me, he looked lost and broken. 

So, Sheila is reborn and has come back for redemption? I am having a real hard time with that. Eric did a pretty good job of outlining her crimes, but left out sooooo many:

Stealing Scott and Lauren's child

Trying to kill her mother

Messing with Bridget's paternity test

Pushing that doctor out of the window

Shooting Stephanie

Kidnapping and holding James prisoner in the hidden dungeon

Terrorizing Maggie (yay Barbara Crampton! Another actress I love)

Stealing baby Mary

Kidnapping Ridge and trying to incinerate him

I am sure there are many more too. This all puts Eric in a bit of a quandary given how quickly and easily he forgave Quinn for her crimes. But there are big difference between the two women. Quinn's actions were mostly about her obsessive love for Wyatt, and wanting to "steer" his life for him. She really was not all that different from Stephanie, who did the same thing with Ridge, but Stephanie's actions were always overlooked because she was The Queen and a Forrester. The only people Quinn has actually targeted would be Liam and Deacon; the other's were all just collateral damage.  At her core, I don't think Quinn is evil, she is a bit psychotic and obsessive, but I think that all comes from a young life without love. Now, that was the same thing we learned about The Queen; the abuse from her father, so I am willing to give Quinn a pass on some things too. The person Quinn has hurt the most is Liam; I know pushing someone off a cliff is pretty um.........harsh, but her hatred of Liam went on for ages and culminated in Quinn kidnapping him and violating him while he was ill. But at the end of the day, all of Quinn's machinations were about Wyatt, not herself. Our girl Sheila on the other hand, is/was pure evil. She wasn't psychotic; she was the Devil and had no fucking soul. She targeting her "enemies" with a laser focus, and set far reaching plans into motion, and hurt people in ways that last a lifetime. I am all about redemption, but this is one character that has never been able to turn the page. However. if that is what the game is, I am all for it because I don't think there is anything left for Sheila to do; no crimes left for her to commit. So, I am willing to buy into a redemption SL. We know Sheila is not the shooter, but that still doesn't mean she is sincere. I will say the character's demeanor is different, but Sheila is a master at manipulation and is a grade A actor. Despite my initial annoyance, I am finding that I am sorta OK with her return. 

Just start throwing the rotten tomatoes, because I like how they have slowed the presses with Ridge and Quinn and have them interacting as friends. Show has never done friends well; same sex or otherwise. If they become friends with benefits? I think I am ok with that too, cause TK and RS just spark it up for me, and that is what soaps are all about. 

The truly WTF moment of the year:

Deacon, casually strolling into the unlocked Forrester Mansion, and after nearly a year of not seeing him Quinn is like "Oh hey Deacon, thank God it is you! You need to get down cause someone is tying to kill me!"

Loving, loving, loving me some Show right now.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11

Sheila is working with someone, she's always had a henchman.  More than likely I think she will be behind the shooting but she didnt' DO the shooting (and now her being in jail proves that),  Sheila always plays the long con, and she's starting off "proving" herself to Eric, who when he finds out there was another shooting and Sheila wasn't there, he will not be able to forget Shelia's plea to him that she's changed and just wants his forgiveness.

• Love 5

Okay, so if Sheila has been locked up the entire time ( per her word, which can be taken with a grain of salt, granted), then who the hell was that who got plastic surgery to look like Phyllis?!

• Love 2
Just now, Anna Yolei said:

Okay, so if Sheila has been locked up the entire time ( per her word, which can be taken with a grain of salt, granted), then who the hell was that who got plastic surgery to look like Phyllis?!

Could be anybody!  Sugar, Mike the security guard, a relative of Sheila's, some unknown entity.  I don't see why B&B has to suffer because of Y&R's ridiculous plot developments.

Several years ago on OLTL, a major character (Victor Lord) came back to life in a horribly written, poorly executed and atrociously acted storyline.  A year or so later, after the dust had settled, a character had referred to the storyline as 'remember when that crazy guy posed as the late Victor Lord?'  OLTL knew how to correct the situation, and that's what B&B is doing here in not giving credence to any of those stupid Y&R Sheila stories.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I must take my hat off to Show, who apparently not only read our comments in that survey, but listened to them and has acted upon them. I am impressed they have not only been willing, but have also been brave enough, to step outside of their box and write a real soap opera; one that is about more than endless triangular fucks, and cluster fucks, and relatives swapping spouses, and children running around crying about "We was ROBBED!" and "We was MANIPWULATED!" I want to thank them for giving me SLs that are intriguing and interesting and exciting.

This is all very true. The only story I have no fucks to give about is Zencole and their baby drama, but even that is a several orders of magnitude more tolerable than the ToD 2.0 days where literally every episode was about Hope and Steffy pissing at one another or two people pissing at each other on their behalf or watching Scott Clifton's audition reel for the inevitable remake of Full Metal Jacket as he stares into space while any number of people lecture him on which idiocy twin to choose--and all of that was EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. 

This show has also gotten better with pacing, since no single story or couple seems to gobble the show up anymore. Liam and Steffy are on for very limited amounts of time and actually being allowed to exist as a couple instead of a plot point and even for Tally's popularity, they don't dominate the show, either. Nor Brill. Kudos to whoever it was that righted the boat that began capsizing after Brad Bell took over in the 2000s.

8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Could be anybody!  Sugar, Mike the security guard, a relative of Sheila's, some unknown entity.  I don't see why B&B has to suffer because of Y&R's ridiculous plot developments.

Several years ago on OLTL, a major character (Victor Lord) came back to life in a horribly written, poorly executed and atrociously acted storyline.  A year or so later, after the dust had settled, a character had referred to the storyline as 'remember when that crazy guy posed as the late Victor Lord?'  OLTL knew how to correct the situation, and that's what B&B is doing here in not giving credence to any of those stupid Y&R Sheila stories.

Okay, fair enough on that point. Would be nice to get a throwaway line, even a "Like I even care about a Lauren anymore now that Scott's dead" sort of line.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Okay, fair enough on that point. Would be nice to get a throwaway line, even a "Like I even care about a Lauren anymore now that Scott's dead" sort of line.

I would like that too, but only referring to any classic Y&R storyline, those that actually featured Kimberlin Brown.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Recap for Thurs. 6/15/17:

We open with Quinn walking back out to the terrace. She stares off into the distance , then turns to look behind her at the bullet hole from earlier that day.

So Quinn just got shot at and she decides to go out there yet again? And this makes the second time that day.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

I just can't even...

It's almost like she orchestrated this whole thing to get sympathy and get the scent of the stench of her affair with Rumple off of her. I would put nothing past this woman.

We cut to the shooter who is aiming a gun at her and shoots at her. Twice.

They miss her, of course, but take out a flower pot.

Another bullet is fired and Quinn darts behind a banister, clearly freaked out.

Quinn-reaction-shot-BB-HW.jpg

She races back inside the house as another bullet flies.

Back at the police station, Sheila is still pleading with Eric.

Sheila: "I didn't shoot at your wife."

Eric, stone-faced: "History would suggest otherwise."

Sheila: "I understand it's hard for you to believe me. I don't even expect you to. You don't have to listen to anything that I say because the evidence...it's gonna speak for itself."

We go back to the mansion.

Once back inside, Quinn crawls on the ground and heads over to hunker down by the couch.

bold-quinn-falls-2-shooting.jpg

She sees her cellphone and reaches for it just as Deacon Sharpe struts in through the front door. I have missed you, SK!

5943fcc99a9da_Deacon2.jpg.469a08e856f75e557d6860064aded318.jpg

Quinn:, gasping "Deacon! Thank God you're here!"

Deacon: "That's not exactly the reception I was expecting, but I'll take it."

Quinn: "You've got to help me."

Deacon gives her a look: "Help you what? Off the floor? What are you doing crawling around down there?"

Quinn: "Get down now! I'm serious! Somebody's trying to kill me!" Deacon just stares at her, a puzzled expression on his face. 

Brooke is still busy at work at FC when Ridge comes in, telling her he forgot his sketches.

He tells Brooke there's something she should know and I love how she, busily looking at documents, just "mmm-hmms" him as if she could not care less what he has to say or that he's even there. Moving on never looked so good.

Ridge: "We found out who shot at Quinn." That gets her attention.

Brooke: "Who?"

Ridge: "You're not gonna believe this...Sheila Carter." Brooke's jaw drops.

Brooke.thumb.jpg.af79c3e9274acaec01835453ad7cf1e7.jpg

Back at the police station, Eric is grilling Sheila.

Eric: "You just happened to be innocently walking by when Quinn was shot at? You expect anyone to believe that?"

Sheila: "I told you...I'm here to make amends, Eric. You know, spending time in jail might have made things right with the state, but I've got a ways to go, with you, all the people that I hurt."

Eric is dismissive: "I'm not interested in helping you feel good about the things you've done to my family over the years, or anyone." 

Sheila: "I don't even dream that anyone will ever forgive me for all of the horrible things that I've done. But if one person could...I'd want that to be you." 

Eric: "Here's a friendly tip on how to ask someone's forgiveness. Don't shoot at his wife." 

Eric.thumb.jpg.78c5f805071a26d12390c10515209498.jpg

We have a quick cut to Katie, who is back home, and all scrubbed clean. She tearfully recalls her "winners and losers" speech to Quinn.

Back at the mansion, Quinn yells at Deacon to get down and tells him someone's been shooting at her. She tells him she needs to call the police but Deacon offers to do it for her and makes a "call." 

Deacon: "369 Willow Hill Road. Yeah. Yeah, as soon as you can. Yeah, lady's pretty upset. Apparently, she don't like being shot at, if you know what I mean."

Quinn gives him a disgusted look: "Are you drunk?"

Deacon: "No. I don't get drunk, not anymore. I mean, I may have a few drinks every now and then."

Quinn: Oh, for heaven's sake, you fool, just get down! There's a shooter out there! If you want to die, that's fine by me, but not in my living room." She's all heart, that Quinn.

Deacon: "I don't think I've ever seen you so scared."

Quinn: "I don't usually have bullets flying by my head, do I?"

Deacon: "Don't you worry. I'm here now. I'll take care of you." He looks down at her and it's hard to decipher the expression on his face. It's equal parts loving...and loathing.

Back at the FC office, Ridge tells Brooke that it makes sense, Quinn being shot and then...

Brooke, finishing his thought: "And then we find out that Sheila's here. Yes, it makes sense. It explains everything."

Ridge: "Thankfully, she's in custody, so, we don't have to worry about her going after Quinn anymore." Shows what you know, Ridge.

Back at the station, Sheila sighs with resignation at the way her reunion with Eric is going thus far, telling him: "I thought it might be this way, that you'd only focus on the bad times."

Eric: "What was good between us doesn't matter."

Sheila: "I was hoping for some kind of acknowledgement, Eric. It'd be so good to hear you admit that there was a part of you that did care for me once."

Eric acknowledging this at last: "I married you, Sheila." We see flashbacks of their early days, the wedding, their honeymoon, but then we see the bad and the ugly, although it's no skin off my knuckles if she had offed Satanie.

Sheila: "You know why I've been working on myself so hard, on my rehabilitation? It's because in my darkest times, there's a small part of me that remembered the way you looked at me, how it felt to be your wife, the woman that I was before everything went so bad, violent. I paid my dues. I did. I sat in my cell and I remembered every horrible thing I have ever said, the hideous things that I had done, and some of those, I'm the only one that knew what they were. I'm coming out of it. I'm coming out on the other side of it. I'm becoming the woman that deserved to be with you."

Eric, reminding her: "I'm a happily married man, Sheila."

Sheila, correcting him: "No, no, no, no. No. A woman that is capable of being loved by a man like you, Eric, that's what I meant...because of my actions, my words, my kindness. And whether you're receptive to it or not is beside the point." 

Lt Hot Dog comes in then and Eric asks about the restraining order. LT HD confirms it's permanent and that Sheila has most definitely violated it. He tells Sheila he's placing her under arrest. Sheila is surprised and yet...not.

Sheila.thumb.jpg.144ac3dfb8e5b90585c617282790e97f.jpg

At the mansion, Quinn inquires as to when the police will arrive. Deacon shrugs and and claims it will be soon. Deacon thinks he heard something or maybe he didn't. 

Quinn's eyes widen: "What? No, no, no, no. You could have heard something. I mean... the shooter could be out there. They could be on the property. They could be in the house." But I'm with those who think Deacon isn't the one who's been shooting at Quinn.

Deacon, casual: "Yeah, they could be. What makes you so sure that the shooter's on the property, anyway?"

Quinn says the shots sounded really close and hopes the shooter is a bad shot.

Deacon says, to the contrary, that the shooter could be a sharpshooter but with the wind conditions, it might have affected his aim.

Or the shooter is still toying with his (or her) would-be victim.

Deacon walks to the wet bar and pours two drinks, suggesting they share one. Quinn declines but Deacon doesn't hesitate to take a long drink from the first glass, strolling about the living room, just steps away from the open terrace windows.

Quinn: "Be careful, Deacon!"

Deacon: "I'm not the one getting shot at, now, am I? Hey, you know who it might be?"

Quinn: "Who?"

Deacon: "Could be Mr. Martini himself....Eric."

Quinn scoffs: "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

Deacon: "Oh, Quinn, come on. It's the husband. It's always the husband. Tell you what... let's have ourselves a little drink to the good old days."

Quinn, revealing her true feelings about him in this moment, "'With you?"

Deacon casually takes a sip, but the hurt in his is eyes unmistakable: "Mmm. You never cared about me at all, did you? You never wanted me. You wanted a Forrester." He eyes her closely and I think this was the moment the tiniest warning bell started to ding in Quinn's head.

Back at FC, Brooke tells Ridge to keep her posted on Sheila and to let her know if she ends up getting released.

Brooke: "If she ends up on my doorstep, I'm gonna do something about it." What? Run and hide?

Ridge: "Well, don't worry about that. After what Sheila has done, she's not gonna get released anytime soon." 

At the station, Sheila can't believe she's under arrest - again. Lt HD says it's for violating the restraining order and the attempted murder of Quinn. The restraining order, sure, but where's the evidence that she tried to shoot Quinn? She certainly didn't get the same gunpower residue test done on her that Katie did. A defense lawyer would have a field day with this.

Sheila: "Oh, no, but I didn't." Her eyes and voice plead with Eric: "Eric, you must believe me. I swear I never tried to kill your wife. I didn't even know I was violating a restraining order." 

Lt HD: "You have the right to remain silent." And I like this next bit of dialogue and Lt HD doing his duty while KB acts the hell out of one last plea to her ex-husband, Eric standing stoic but I have to wonder what's really going through his head right now.

Sheila: "No. Eric."

Lt. Baker: "Anything you say can and will be used..."

Sheila: "Eric, please say something. I didn't try to kill anyone. I swear."

Lt. Baker: "If you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you.

Sheila: "Please say something.

Lt. Baker: "Do you understand these rights as I have explained them to you?"

Sheila: "Eric." One last plea for mercy, but he stands resolute.

Lt. Baker: "Sheila Carter, do you understand your rights?"

Sheila, searches Eric's face and finds no hint of any feeling he ever had for her, and swallows back the tears, resigned to her fate: "Yes. Yes, I do." Her voice brittle and on the verge of breaking but she holds her head high as she is led away.

Eric watches her go, anger in his eyes, but never forget, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. And he is anything but indifferent to his ex-wife right now.

Back at the mansion, Quinn coldly dismisses Deacon's version of recent events, telling him how she kicked him to the curb long before she got together with Eric.

It reminds me of how much I loved Quinn and Deacon who loved her because of who she was, flaws and all, and not in spite of, the way that Eric does. There is a vast difference and while I love Queric (or at least I did until the affair with Ridge reared it's ugly head), I would have easily foregone them to keep QuinnCon intact. 

Deacon: "See, that's 'cause you're smart. I give you credit for that. See, you were thinking ahead. You knew you could never con a Forrester into marrying you. I mean, you know, not with me by your side."

Quinn, the haughty rich bitch matriarch: "That's just stupid."

Deacon: "You know what's stupid? Stupid was me trying to help you when you're playing make-believe with Liam. I tried to be your friend. What did I get for it? I got pushed into the ocean..."

Quinn: "Why are you bringing that up right now?" Oh fuck you, Quinn! To act all put upon because Deacon (or anyone else for that matter) calls you out for trying to kill him. 

Deacon, continuing, "...Left for dead. You know why? 'Cause you don't give a damn -- not about anyone but yourself." And he's not wrong here. She doesn't care about Eric or else she would never have cheated on him (and continued cheating and lying and betraying). She doesn't care about Ridge because if she did, she would never have cheated with him, risking her relationship with his own father. She doesn't even care about her own son because if so, she wouldn't have interfered with his relationships to their detriment. 

Quinn: "That's not true!" Oh, it's true all right.

Deacon: "You know what? You're right. You're right. Actually, you do give a damn about Wyatt. There's nothing you wouldn't do for baby boy, as long as it got the two of you further ahead, right?" (But what has that kind of caring gotten Wyatt? It's actually pitiful how Wyatt loves his mother so much when she doesn't deserve it.) "You know, you leave me and sell your soul for a shot at the good life. My whole life, I've been treated like I was nothing, and i thought maybe, just maybe, you were different. But I was wrong. You just wanted me to disappear like all the others." After he served his purpose, yep. Ridge will be no different. 

Quinn: "Look... I understand that you're upset, and I can see how I could be partly to blame for that, but, quite frankly, I'm having a really hard time finding any sympathy for you right now because my life is in danger, okay?" Excuses, excuses....

Deacon: "I don't even know if I believe your little story about a shooter, hmm?"

Quinn: "Excuse me?"

Deacon: I mean, it is kind of hard to believe. Couple months ago, maybe not. It seemed like everybody in LA hated you. But now, you got the Forresters accepting you. And why wouldn't they?" His tone is sarcastic here. "You're a sweet lady and a wonderful mother."

Quinn: "You said yourself that you've never seen me look so scared."

Deacon shakes his head: "I don't know. Maybe you're playing a game with everyone. You know, maybe you're just trying to get some sympathy." As I mentioned at the start of this post, the thought has crossed my mind. He approaches her here. "I mean, really, Quinn, who would want to see you dead, except for Hope? She probably wants to see you dead. And then there's Liam. Now, Liam definitely wants to rid the planet of you. And Bill, he  just plain hates your guts. So, when you think about it, actually, there are a lot of people. I mean, you've done a lot of awful things... to a lot of people... most of all to me... the man who trusted you... the man who loved you."

He flashes back to when she shoved him off a cliff and he fell into the ocean. She didn't bat an eyelash as she trotted back to Cabin Captive.

His eyes bore into hers.

Deacon: "So, I'd say I've got more reason than anyone to want to see you dead.

Quinn, on shaky ground, asks to see his phone and wants to know how long it's been since he called the police. She knows better...the cops would have been there by now. And he knows that she knows that.

Deacon pulls out a gun: "Oh, come on, Quinn. Please. We both know I faked that call. " He points the gun directly at her (and I don't think this is the same gun that shot at her earlier).

Deacon.thumb.jpg.79f369963f07654052bccbad76d6213e.jpg

Katie can't resist spying through her telescope.

She sees Quinn through the opening between the fluttering curtains at the terrace window and before she can put a smirk on her face, she sees that Quinn is holding her hands up and senses that something is wrong. 

We go back to the station and Eric watches as a devastated Sheila gets her picture taken and is fingerprinted and booked. She's handcuffed then and looks back over her shoulder.

Sheila: "Wait! Eric, please. You can put a stop to this. Just have the restraining order lifted. I haven't done anything. I haven't come near you and your family in years!"

Lt HD: "It was made permanent for a reason."

Sheila: "No, but I'm different now. I'm a different person. Can't you see that? I didn't shoot at your wife. Look at me. Look at my eyes. I didn't!" She is on the verge of tears but she will not cry. KB is just gorgeous here.

Eric, gruffly: "Take her away."

She is led away then as Eric stands there, watching her go.

At the mansion, Quinn tells Deacon he doesn't have to do this.

Quinn.thumb.jpg.c194edd26d2af3c53bce7db9a18e73e2.jpg

Quinn: "You kill me, you spend the rest of your life in prison."

Deacon, the sarcasm freely flowing now: "Oh, what a shame. Yeah, this wonderful life of mine, I got so much going well for me, don't I? Yeah. I got this fantastic job, got money flowing in, surrounded by my adoring family. Gosh, I'd really hate to throw all that away."

Quinn: "Maybe they didn't turn out the way you imagined, but-" Maybe??? Oh fuck this bitch.

Deacon: "What? What, maybe I'm gonna fall for somebody? Get married? Live happily ever after? I don't think so. I tried that. Didn't work out so well. You know, I suppose maybe I ought to give you a last word, you know, let you make peace with your maker. I think you should know something. This time...I'm not gonna miss."

Quinn, desperate now: "Think about Hope. She needs her father."

Deacon's face softens for a moment: "I think about her a lot." He looks off in the distance, thinking of his daughter. His face hardens then as he looks back at Quinn: "I think about how she tried to convince me not to marry you. But, hey, I knew best!"

Quinn: "No. Come on. You weren't wrong. We were good for each other, but sometimes people, they just, they grow apart." Because their eye is on a bigger prize.

Deacon: "Yeah, they do, especially when one person wants something better than what they got. You're not gonna drink that?" He picks up the other glass and takes a huge gulp. "I will."

Quinn: "Come on, Deacon. You don't need another drink. You just need to sober up. You need to get help and get back on the program. If you do that, then we never need to talk about this ever again." Right....only you get to never talk about any of the shit you've done ever again.

Deacon: "I'm not worried about that. I'm not gonna say a word to anybody. Why would I? Nobody knows I'm here."

We're back to Gladys Kravitz's digs. I mean Katie's.

Katie: "What is going on?" She sees Quinn with her hands still up and then, she gasps as she sees the gun.

Katie.thumb.jpg.a1f66e733f9592496666fc8b37a385c6.jpg

She grabs her cellphone and calls Ridge.

He answers with a "Hey" and I had to laugh out loud at the sheer campiness of her calling him and him answering all casual as if nothing had gone down with them in recent weeks.

Katie: "Where are you?"

Ridge: "Just got back home." He glances at his sketches.

Katie: "Go to the main house! Quinn needs you!"

Ridge, confused. "What?" So Katie wants him to engage with Quinn?

Katie, exasperated: "Just go! I can see from my window she's in danger!"

Ridge: "You can see what?"

Katie: "She's got a gun pointed at her! Go! Hurry!" OMFG, so Katie saves the day here. Remember that point for later.

Quinn begs Deacon to think about their wedding day and if that isn't rubbing salt into still-open wounds, I don't know what is.

Quinn, backing towards the fireplace. "Think about how beautiful that was." If it is was SO beautiful, then why did you throw it all away, Quinn?

Deacon, the gun still firmly pointed on her, his back toward the front door: "You never even cared about me, did you?" Nope. More on that in a moment.

Quinn: "That's not true. I did. I swear I did. We were happy once. Please."

Deacon: "You know what they say about all good things." Indeed...although I'd like to tell Deacon no one is worth going to prison for, especially not this one. His finger starts to pull the trigger and Quinn cringes, throwing her hands in front of her face.

Then it's all:

YKVyZ.gif

as Ridge rushes in (and seriously, Deacon wouldn't have locked the front door or wouldn't it have been locked in the first place and the security system on and why am I asking questions about plot holes. It's B&B - plot holes you could drive a Mac truck through are what they do).

He punches Deacon and knocks him out cold on the living room floor. He grabs the gun as Quinn rushes straight into his arms.

And I know TPTB were thinking we should be all "AWWW" over this, but not this gal...

annoyed-gif-220.gif

Excuse me while I puke...

Ridge.jpg.1738df2988ab3a18118d22b9f9b01b28.jpg

Ridge: "You okay?"

Quinn gasping and sobbing and clinging onto him for dear life: "I am now."

Ridge: "It's okay."

Quinn: "Thank you."

Ridge repeats: "It's okay."

Quinn: "Oh, thank you! He would have killed me! You saved me!" I can't wait until she learns it's really Katie she has to think. "You saved my life. Don't let me go. Just hold me, please. Hold me." And look at that, now they have a green light to fuck. I mean, he saved her and all. Shouldn't he get the goods as his reward?

Ridge: "I got you."  She keeps crying. "It's okay. It's okay. . ."

5943f8d85061a_Ridge2.jpg.d55fbbd1c86a8bd89214a3dd635f4425.jpg

And see, that look on his face just clinched it for me. He is in love with her (as much as someone like Ridge is capable of love), but I don't buy that she's in love with him. Also, wash your damn greasy mop, Ridge!

Remember when I said, more on that point (about her not caring about Deacon), well, here it is:

Quinn is the human embodiment of a Black Widow spider, taking what she needs from her male victims and then discarding them the moment she's sucked whatever she's after out of them, not caring about the carnage she leaves in her wake.

Since she's come to town, she's done nothing but use and, more often than not, abuse every man she's come into contact with.

Wyatt - the son she raised on her own - whose life she has made it her mission to run and she banks on his guilt (at her having to raise him alone) to eke out forgiveness when she oversteps.

Bill - Wyatt's father - she took advantage of his drunken and devastated by Brooke's absence state to try and weave him back into her web and did for a brief time.

Deacon - this is where she suckered him and me into believing she was capable of change and deserved to find love...until I and he realized it was all a lie because she just used him to get her through the lonely nights until she set her sights on an amnesiac Liam. She kept him around as a cheerleader for her as she kidnapped and violated Liam (and could have killed him, given his brain injury) and then, when Deacon has had enough, she tries to kill him.

Liam...I can't even wrap my head around all the shit she did to him but she weaved him into her web as well as he never  pressed charges against her, not for the kidnapping, the assaulting, nor the murder attempts. 

Eric - she used her charms (namely her hoo-ha) and Eric's penchant for dangerous women to the ultimate advantage and irony of ironies, she's the "good kind of trouble" whereas Sheila is the "bad, very bad" kind. SMH.

Ridge - she wants him to want her and now that he does...what will she do next? If anyone is thinking they're going to be some sort of romance for the ages, take a look at her very, very tangled web of men. She'll get her itch scratched and won't care that she's burning down the house they're standing in, with her, Ridge, and Eric inside.

What delicious victory would it be for Sheila to find out about Quinn and Ridge and out them to Eric. At least Sheila has served her time... Quinn never will...she'll just keep spinning away.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 16

Deacon's anger cracked me up. He was drunk and not thinking clearly. He was using Quinn during their relationship, and now he jealous because she has moved on and up. Poor Deacon has no one to support him while he lazes around.

Wimp Quinn isn't working for me, to be honest. I find this "new" Quinn hard to buy. Changing for the better doesn't get rid of crazy or street smarts.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, SingerIslander said:

As I see it, the rush is because who shot at Quinn was never the story, though for a week, the audience thought it was.  The goal appears to be for Quinn to be redeemed, Ridge and Quinn to continue to develop real feelings for each other, and Sheila to enter the mix of a very strange quadrangle, with Eric as the fourth side.  Stunt casting with Sean Kanan and even Kimberlin Brown was to get people talking, but a shooting mystery was never the focus of the story.  It was a lure for the audience to tune in.  I'll be very curious to see how ratings are for last week, this week, and the week to come.  A one or two-week jump in ratings is nice if it happens, but can it be sustained?          

Yep.  The canonization of Quinn has taken on full steam.  Now, here's my problem.  As pointed out upthread, Quinn has been the aggressor in every violent encounter she has had with others in the past--male and female.  In fact, those people were her victims.  Several of them weren't strong enough to fight back.  One of them stupidly married Quinn's son (because the other guy was late) and learned that she would have to start sleeping with one eye open.  Quinn even violated Big Bad Bill in a sense when she took post-hate sex pictures of him while he was sleeping without his knowledge or consent and then maliciously sent the pictures to Sludge to provoke just the reaction she wanted.  All so that Sludge could interfere with Brill's wedding while she made a play for Bill herself and blackmailed him to officially legitimize Wyatt.  

Now, we have Sheila, who has always been an ice cube short of a rum and coke making an appearance.  Then, we have the reappearance of the one man who accepted Quinn as she was--one who is bitter and blaming her for everything that has gone wrong in his life.  And, just like that, in swoops Sludge, who not only "saves the day."  All because Katie inexplicably wanted a woman she said last week "doesn't deserve to live" to actually be rescued.  But, now Sludge also seems to indicate that all the shit Quinn did in the past...well!  it wasn't so bad.  HUH?!

It's bad enough that Deacon and Sheila are being used as props.  Now, I'm supposed to believe that Quinn is this helpless damsel who needs a hero (even if he's an ogre) to rush in and save the day.  Then to add insult to injury, because her hero wants to desperately get into her silken drawers, he's willing to overlook and excuse the things she did.  Gee, Sludge--a few months ago, she was Medusa.  Now, she's the lovely Andromeda being chained to rocks by the sea.

• Love 10
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Zevim said:

Deacon's anger cracked me up. He was drunk and not thinking clearly. He was using Quinn during their relationship, and now he jealous because she has moved on and up. Poor Deacon has no one to support him while he lazes around.

I'm not sure if you saw them in their early days, but Deacon most definitely did not use Quinn.

They commiserated over their lonely lives and messed-up pasts and bonded over it, accepting each other's flaws (and tastes in the bedroom :-) ).

594416d54f7b9_Deacon3.jpg.a10edac1e8c85ef4585989d6e128ea8e.jpg

Screenshot-2015-03-08-17.46.03.png

They eventually fell in love and got married.

bb-spoilers128.jpg

Fast forward to months later, after not seeing Deacon in ALL that time, we get this retconned BS of their marriage suddenly not working out because Deacon isn't a Spencer man (the only men capable of capturing her heart - blech!)  and Deacon turning into this drunken mooch. It was two seconds at best after that little reveal that she was kidnapping a collapsed and amnesic Liam off to Captive Cabin.

giphy.gif

Edited by CountryGirl
ETA: Because they were so darn good together!
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Also, was it a lie that Daisy and her brother whose name I forget (Y&R for those of you who are wondering who the hell Daisy is) are Sheila's children?

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also, was it a lie that Daisy and her brother whose name I forget (Y&R for those of you who are wondering who the hell Daisy is) are Sheila's children?

Ryder...played by hottie Wilson Bethel.

wilson-bethel-1.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Since Sheila herself alluded to the rumors about her, I highly doubt those were her children. The only child not in question as being Sheila's (IMO) is Mary/Erica.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm not sure if you saw them in their early days, but Deacon most definitely did not use Quinn.

They commiserated over their lonely lives and messed-up pasts and bonded over it, accepting each other's flaws (and tastes in the bedroom :-) ).

I've been a viewer during most of their relationship. While they had a connection (I did liked DeQuinn), it wasn't lost on me that Quinn was supporting him financially. According to Quinn, Deacon didn't need a job just "be there". Now we know that Quinn didn't really feel that way or else she wouldn't had asked for an annulment. It's easy to love a person flaws and all, when your getting sex and everything you want and need paid for. I'm not mad at Deacon for being a mooch. It's probably what Quinn deserved tbh.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I am at Deacon. He had the upper hand. Blackmail is smarter than straight up pulling a gun at the person. Ask Ivy.

Edited by Zevim
fixed some stuff added some stuff
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

What delicious victory would it be for Sheila to find out about Quinn and Ridge and out them to Eric.

I want that far, far more than for Katie's smug ass to out them, tbh. That would get my instant forgiveness of every single one of Sheila's crimes if she robbed Katie of that.

....okay, maybe not *that far, but it would make her time on the show worth it. And if she bumped off Liam, Steffy, Zende or either Avant sister on the way out, all the better.

• Love 6
(edited)

LOL @Anna Yolei.

Sheila to the Ambien couple: "You're boring and you're a waste of screen time. You need to go....and take Lizzie with you so that Rick and Maya are sure to follow." 

Sheila to Liam: "Dump that heifer, Fauxdiloks, or you're toast." Liam gulps and quickly agrees. 

Sheila to Puffy: "Trust, unlike that fiasco with your mother, I will get the job done this time." 

Sheila to Wyatt's haircut: "Fix that shit!"

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Sheila to Wyatt's haircut: "Fix that shit!"

They missed the opportunity to have Wyatt have a secret lover revealed to be Sheila.  He finally gets a woman who Liam didn't get to first, but she's a sociopath akin to his mother but doesn't realize.  But then Sheila's only obsessed over one young man in a maternal manner in the form of Scotty because he was 'her son' once upon a time.

• Love 9

So Deacon confirms he was the shooter, but WTF?

Loved the reactions when Deacon revealed that Quinn tried to murder him first, but then no one said or did a thing about that.

• Love 9

Don't forget, Sheila also (supposedly) had a daughter with Massimo,  who was named Diana. Bringing Diana onto the canvas could provide some interesting drama for Ridge, having a sibling who is Sheila's daughter.

Then, in a few years, they all find out Diana isn't really Massimo's daughter, and Ridge starts making out with her...

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

To Katie (While he's being arrested): "You live in that big house... Are you seeing anybody ?"   Oh Deacon don't ever change.

OMG, I LOVE it!

I could totally see Katie and Deacon together and, more importantly, it would keep SK on the canvas.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

To Katie (While he's being arrested): "You live in that big house... Are you seeing anybody ?"   Oh Deacon don't ever change.

Deacon is always looking for his next mark, isn't he?  He and Katie would be the perfect storm.  He's hard up for cash, and she has a deep-seated need to one-up Brooke.  As an added bonus, Deacon would feed Katie's need to "fix" men and she could revel in her moral superiority over him.  Plus, it would drive Bill into a rage to have "the convict" around Will.

• Love 14

Wow. The anvils were dropping today. Quinn with her undying gratitude for Ridge, the way they looked at each other and Brooke and Katie giving them the side eyes. Get ready, people. Here it all comes! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Deacon is always looking for his next mark, isn't he?  He and Katie would be the perfect storm.  He's hard up for cash, and she has a deep-seated need to one-up Brooke.  As an added bonus, Deacon would feed Katie's need to "fix" men and she could revel in her moral superiority over him.  Plus, it would drive Bill into a rage to have "the convict" around Will.

Especially since Bill sprung Deacon from prison to break up Liam and Hope! It really would be some karma for Bill if Datie happened.

• Love 10

They made a point of mentioning that Deacon was helping out by running some parts of Quinn's jewelry business after they were a real couple living together. Not saying that he doesn't like wealthy women but he and Quinn seemed like real partners there for a while.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, tessaray said:

They made a point of mentioning that Deacon was helping out by running some parts of Quinn's jewelry business after they were a real couple living together. Not saying that he doesn't like wealthy women but he and Quinn seemed like real partners there for a while.

They also showed him cooking for her.  Deacon wasn't earning a paycheck but he did take care of her crazy ass.  IMO they had to cheapen Deacon and Quinn to sell the future great loves of Quinn's life...how many have there been??

• Love 8

I must say that TK has been looking great lately. I guess he got the opposite barber that Darrin Brooks has. TK hair & Beard were nicely trimmed and he looks much younger. I'm still confused by the whole shooting with Deacon & Sheila involvement. There's got to be more to the story, right? Maybe, it was a short arc for Quinn to admit that she loves Ridge. It just seems all to pat to me. Something is missing. 

BTW! Did anyone notice that the American flag was behind a Ridge the whole time but then they did the aerial shot and then there was no flag? Maybe, it was shot on different days. Yes, I know I pay too much attention to detail. LOL!!!

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ch1 said:

IMO they had to cheapen Deacon and Quinn to sell the future great loves of Quinn's life...how many have there been??

Deacon, Adam, Eric, and Ridge. All in the course of approximately one year.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Liam when he had brain injury induced amnesia and she was holding him at the cabin. Quinn told him his name was Adam and the she was Eve, his wife.

I was thinking Adam Alexander (Macy's father) had come back somehow.  LOL

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Especially since Bill sprung Deacon from prison to break up Liam and Hope! It really would be some karma for Bill if Datie happened.

Hahahahaha! It would be, indeed.

• Love 1

So, it sounded to me like it could be interpreted that Deacon took shots at Quinn for money. Because he was desperate and also ticked off at her for ignoring him, not just to get money from her. So Sheila or Ivy could still be pulling the strings. And with the way today's episode ended, I don't really care.  (Hopefully, Quinn will walk that little declaration back on Monday.)

I would love Datie, tbh. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I was thinking Adam Alexander (Macy's father) had come back somehow.  LOL

Now visions of an Adam Alexander/Pam/Charlie triangle dance in my head. (Not really. But who else would they pair him with on this show?)

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Ladybugnine said:

I think that house is Bill Spencer's house.

You might be right. I'm getting my mansions mixed up. That said, I still don't like Bill's beach house. That one that looks like a church from the outside.

• Love 2