Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Recap for Tues. 2/14/17

First, Happy Belated V'Day to y'all!

Upstairs in one of the mansion bedrooms, Viv and Maya admire Nicole's hair and makeup. They made that weave look good, I'll give them that. They share a toast...to a life that'll undoubtedly be less exciting than watching paint dry.

Downstairs, Zende, Rick and Eric greet Kristen and Tony. Tony looks the same, maybe a few more pounds. Kristen looks like she's had some work done and not in a good way, although her curves are killing it. I agree that Paulo comes off as Eric's son while Tracey looks like some stiff day-player. And Zende's tux is so wrong it's almost right.

Eric-Zende-Tony-Kristen-BB-HW.jpg

Pam and Charlie are in the kitchen and the staff admires the fugly cake with it's weird configuration.

Over at SF, Darlita, clueless, but adorable, is asking if she can be Sally's plus-one.

Sally: "No, Darlita. I don't think that it would work that way."

Saul: "Yeah, you don't get a plus-one when you don't get invited." Oooh, Saul is being sassy.

Shirley enters with some cake and Sally gets another one of her brilliant ideas (TM Blair Warner).

Eric kisses Quinn, who looks absolutely gorgeous, and she notices her portrait has been replaced with that of Tweety Bird Head.

Quinn-portrait-wedding-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

Eric: "Lovely, isn't it?"

Quinn, deadpan, "Remarkable."

Enter Julius (and I said - out loud - to the TV - Fuck you, Julius! even though I love OB). He sees the portrait and immediately jumps to the conclusion that Eric and Quinn are moving out so that Zende and Nicole can move in.

Quinn, quick to set his materialistic self straight, "No, this is just for the wedding. It's just.for.the.wedding."

Zende ushers Julius away to meet his parents.

Sally fills everyone in on the plan for them to pose as part of the catering crew (dropping off Shirley's lopsided cake) and crash the Forrester wedding. She can just imagine the headlines.

Viv gives Nicole something borrowed, a handkerchief from Viv's mother. Maya warns them not to cry. Think of the makeup, people! Julius walks in and Nicole runs over and hugs him. He tells her he wouldn't have missed her wedding for anything. One would hope not. But I'm guessing when the day comes, he won't be anywhere to be found on Sasha's wedding day, even if she did want him there and if I were her, I wouldn't.

Kristen chats with Ridge and RJ, telling him it's a shame Brooke isn't feeling well. Sometimes Brooke is smarter than we give her credit for - I'm sure she faked being ill to get out of going to this wedding. I would, too. Although it makes it awfully convenient for him and Quinn to eyefuck each other across the room.

Tony and Kristen are talking with Zende about Nicole and I don't care. Carter shows up, woodenly joking that he doesn't think they can have a wedding without an officiant. Hardeeharhar.

Liam asks how the bride is doing and jokes about her getting cold feet. Zende tells him he thinks that's funny but you can tell he doesn't think it's all that funny.

Sally and Shirley, sporting really bad wigs and caterers' uniforms, walk in the door. Pam spots them and wants them to follow her into the kitchen. Sally stops and spots Thomas across the room. Shirley has to practically kick her to get her to move. 

And then, like the statuesque beauty she is, Sasha walks through the door and she is stunning in an antique pink dress. She's understandably guarded at first. Zende tells her to relax, calling her the sister of the bride and saying "We can't get closer to family than that, right?"

What would he know about it? All of her life, Sasha's been on the outside, looking in.

Sasha, gracious as always, "Yes, you're right. Thank you. I really needed to hear that. Look, I just came today because I wanted to show my love and support for you two. Nic really is marrying... well, an incredible man." If by incredible, you mean incredible that Zende can break Nicole's heart numerous times and come out looking like a prince, then ok.

Nicole and Julius are talking and he's reminiscing about when she was a tiny baby. What should have been a sweet moment is marred by the fact that Sasha should have had those memories, too, and would have if Julius had been a real man instead of a spineless coward. Plus, it just galls me that everyone is just fine and dandy with what he did all those years with forgiveness for him and Zende for his recent actions but Sasha, who was just as much Julius's victim, if not more, being forced to lie for him, and being used and discarded by Zende like crumpled Kleenex is treated like the town pariah.

Eric detects that Quinn might not be loving Nicole's portrait hanging up there. 

Eric: "You may have me wrapped around your little finger, but I'm still pretty good at reading my wife, and I think I detect just a hint of jealousy."

Quinn: "What? Don't be silly. Okay, well, maybe you're not being silly. It's just, Eric, that is MY spot. In this whole house, there's only one place that belongs to me and only me, and it's there. That could be a zillion-dollar Picasso, and I still wouldn't be very fond of it, and..." She makes a face at herself, " I am being ridiculous and you need to ignore me." She's adorable here and Eric loves it. Too bad she and Ridge continue to eyefuck each other, with Thomas noticing him staring but not for the reasons he thinks.

Thomas: "Stop staring. She's the hostess. You have to be nice."

Ridge: "You're right, I'll have to try to rise above it." Indeed. 

In the kitchen, Shirley is whining about their cake and how it's sure to foil Sally's plan.

Shirley-Sally-cake-wedding-BB-HW-300x175

I'd take their cake over that fugly nonsense anyday.

Sally decides it's time for them to mingle and they grab trays and head into the living room. We see yet another flashback to her and Thomas kissing. They really like to milk their flashbacks, don't they?

Steffy is with Nicole (I guess they are friends now because of all the fan-girling Nicole has been doing lately?). Viv tells Nicole it's time to put her dress on. Sasha walks in and it's as if someone turned the temperature down 50 degrees. 

Sasha: "Oh, wow. Nicole, you look gorgeous. Um, do you guys mind if I have a moment alone with my sister? I just want to wish her the best." No one says a fucking word to her, they just exit the room. What a bunch of bitches...and assholes. Assbitches.

Sasha tells Nicole how beautiful she is and how happy she is for her and how grateful she is that she came down off her high horse to allow her own sister to attend her wedding. 

Nicole, in a rare moment of graciousness, remarks, "Sisters are forever. No matter what." I don't believe her.

Zende is whining about it being hot - as someone said upthread, WTF is the fireplace blazing when it's LA in late winter? So damn dumb but so is this whole wedding.

Steffy and Liam are seated and use the time to make out a little. Today is not your day, losers. Also, gross and get a damn room. Offscreen.

Sally is staring at Thomas again and Shirley tells her to stop. She counters by telling Grams to stop eating the hors d'oeuvres. 

Maya tells Nicole it's time and cue the Wedding March. Out comes Nicole, ready to meet her groom. I am a pretty girly-girl and wore a ballgown to my own wedding. But that was some serious ugly-ass sparkly cupcake nonsense going on with Nicole. Quinn and Sasha upstaged the bride by a country mile.

Halfway down the aisle, Nicole stops and gasps, seeing her portrait. It's okay, Nicole, it scared the crap out of me when I first saw it, too. It still does (shudders).

Everyone laughs as if it's the most precious thing ever with Zende doing a "yeah, that's all me, baby" shrug and head tilt. How am I still recapping this shit?

Carter does his Dearly Beloved spiel and blessedly, we fade to black.

nicole-and-zende-fairytale-wedding-the-b

Sasha is sitting to Julius' left. I'm surprised they didn't stick her in the back row. Or outside in the bushes, with Katie.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17

We know Zzzende is responsible for the horror Nicole is wearing but who dressed him? That hideous "tux" is so off the mark period and totally off the mark while next to her. Their wedding photos are going to be dreadful!

As others have noted, I, too, don't get the rush. Nicole isn't even 21. She should have been going to college and interning part-time. These people.

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure this is a swan song or them being bumped down to recurring. So many anvils were being dropped like about wherever you go/all the places you'll go/whatever. Will they be offered jobs in the Paris office? He's a photographer, and she is...well anyway. Please just let it be! [I know Rome was filming Macgyver about a week ago for sure.]

Why are all these people acting like he was this upstanding man who has been down for her from the start?  Have Tony and Kristen even met her and they are talking about what a wonderful woman she is? This rushed wedding makes no sense. They broke up last year during November sweeps, and we saw him do nothing to earn her trust back. She just forgave him and is still treating Sasha like crap. Straight from break-up to engagement to married in a day? No dating, development, or anything. It was a waste of time for her to give that eloquent speech when she left him. What the what to the mid-ceremony pause for all this faux love for this perfect couple? Dude left her when she was pregnant and slept with her sister twice on-screen and who knows how many times off-screen?

I laughed my way through the ceremony. The flowers are pretty, and that dress isn't worth the believed $12k price tag. She was serving Glenda the Good Witch Vibes. All she needed was a wand and that thing Glenda had on in the Wizard of Oz. It was too much for her tiny frame and age. I think I'd like the dress....on somebody else.

ETA; What was with the history lesson about where they grew up and all that? Surrogacy as part of a ceremony? Tony's HIV...adoption from Africa (Where in Africa)...it was like a cluster of what.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 12

When I started watching, I remember Rick having to take care of a human life that couldn't support themselves  (and little Eric), had a more important job than interning for FC AND attending college. Even Bridget was not so over the moon in love with Deacon to drop out of college entirely.

Yet no one since Phoebe has even mentioned setting foot in a higher learning institution. :/

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, ByaNose said:

Exactly, how long was the Zende & Nicole love storyline? When did they show up? I know soaps have to move faster now but they should have gone on for a another year or two before a big wedding. 

Not long enough for the two of them to have done anything or gone anywhere with each other. What a lousy romance, if you can call it that.

I'm convinced Zende planned the insta-wedding in case he was tempted to break his promise of Evah Lasting Luv to Nicole again, or to marry her as soon as possible before Nicole thought better of his proposal and changed her mind. 

Zende and Nicole's whirlwind engagement/wedding, with family bearing witness on marital love and fidelity they've only read about but never put into practice, is incontrovertible proof of creating our own reality with nothing substantive to back it up.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Yet no one since Phoebe has even mentioned setting foot in a higher learning institution. :/

Aly was a college student and was 'pre-law' when she first came on. She had to start do a business internship so she interned at Forrester and unfortunately became obsessed with Hope and Liam and Wyatt and then Steffy got sucked into their backwash of suck that eventually got her killed.

But she did go to college! If only she had went on to law school.

I just realized who Sally reminds me of - Morgan, Ridge's ex-girlfriend who kidnapped Steffy and made everyone think she was dead.  It would be hella interesting if she was indeed her daughter and she was setting her sights on Thomas in some kind of revenge for her momma. Or ::gasp:: could actually be the child Morgan aborted and is Ridge's daughter (or a child she conceived via Ridge's uh, essence, after she skipped town)!

I know, I know. This show would never do incest and since they've already kissed it's a moot story plot.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, sugarbaker design said:

With the arrival of the Spectra gang, couldn't Z&N's wedding be a precursor to their leaving town?  The cast is so bloated, somebody's got to go.  I'm all for a long, long visit with Kristen and Tony.

But who would pretend to be Forrester Creations house photographer or be in charge of FCs/Steffy's social media footprint on the fashion world?

<blerg>

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:24 AM, RuntheTable said:

We don't have any portraits of anyone in my family. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, sugarbaker design said:

Not even a 'RuntheTable Says Recycle' poster?!

My poster

49516ba8ca7cf88eac643deab4fafec2.jpg

21 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Speaking of hair, what's up with Nicole's. it looks like she was caught in a wind storm. Steffy wasn't all that better. Wasn't crazy about the dress either.

Her wedding up-do was better than the wig she was wearing for the proposal. The bodice of the wedding dress was delicate and pretty, but all that layered tulle in the skirt swallowed Nicole up.

18 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Here's another picture from Down Under. The cast getting goofy in JMW room. Apparently, they were getting the required spray tan. Once again, KKL looks amazing here. Why does she look better here then on the show? You'd think with makeup, hair & professional lighting she would much better on tv.

Her makeup was removed and skin prepped for the spray tan. Photo is back-lit with little direct lighting, not in close-up and not in high-definition.

• Love 8

I hadn't watched in a week when I turned this on today. I turned it off after seeing it was Nicole and Zzzzende's wedding. As others have noted, why the bleep are they getting married at their age? Both are marrying the first person they ever "dated" (I use that term loosely).

• Love 7

??????????????
Snooze fest of the century.  The wedding was as painful to watch as a car crash.  What was with all those accolades. Zende has done jack shit and Nicole was just a incubator for her sisters baby. Speaking of Lizzy where was she. Wouldn't you think that she would like to see Auntie/Mommy get married. I'm surprised they didn't age her up to be a flower girl. 

Observation:  Wyatt did more work in a few days than Liam has done in months. 

• Love 15

Of all of the weddings I've watched over the years on all of the soaps, this was the most ridiculous and laughable. I had to turn it off half way through. Who were those "guests" talking about?!  These two are barely in their twenties, have accomplished exactly zero in their lives and the viewers hope they will disappear. They have not cured cancer, fought a world war or done anything of note even at FC. But you'd never know it listening to all of the dreck thrown at them today. We are all so PROUD of you!!!  For what?

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Of all of the weddings I've watched over the years on all of the soaps, this was the most ridiculous and laughable. I had to turn it off half way through. Who were those "guests" talking about?!  These two are barely in their twenties, have accomplished exactly zero in their lives and the viewers hope they will disappear. They have not cured cancer, fought a world war or done anything of note even at FC. But you'd never know it listening to all of the dreck thrown at them today. We are all so PROUD of you!!!  For what?

Thank you! What I found most astonishing and amusing is that almost every single one of them who stood up wasn't faithful in any marriage(s) they were part of. Hell, Steffy is on marriage 3-4+. Ridge...I've lost count. Eric...same. Why didn't her mum speak? At least she was faithful to our knowledge. They're proud of them? For what is the question. They act like she battled breast cancer and he shaved his head in support, held her hair while she endured chemotherapy, or like she had a difficult or high risk pregnancy that almost claimed her life. She gave up her firstborn to her sister and lost her boyfriend because he couldn't cope with his uncle being her bio baby daddy. Then, she took him back immediately after she had the baby. They lasted about 6 months and then he fooled around with Sasha. She's someone who has lived a cushy life courtesy of her sister marrying into a wealthy family. What struggles have they been through? It's like everybody in that room forgot about their road to wedded bliss, and how just the day before, it wasn't even heading that way. I just can't even with that gag fest that was going on today. 

I will say Obba B. knows how to deliver and has the gravitas to pull off and emote powerful scenes. He is a shining star. Still hot under the collar that they ruined his character. Mr. Avant would have been perfectly fine being a faithful, proud, upstanding human being. There was no reason to turn him into a cheater who talked to his child like she was nothing and for him to continue to essentially treat her like crap in every scene thereafter. I blame the writers for that because he was a likable character, and TPTB ruined him for absolutely no reason.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Or ::gasp:: could actually be the child Morgan aborted and is Ridge's daughter

One Unabortion story was one too many for soapdom, even without adding yet another almost-incest pairing in the mix.

16 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

The wedding was as painful to watch as a car crash.

I crashed the back end of the Verano I rented for a trip to NorCal into the front corner of an RV and didn't know it had even been hit until I pulled over.

I can honestly say this wedding was way more painful than THAT car crash was...and I'm gonna go on a limb to say the upcoming Steam nuptials will be even worse because there's no hope of those two disappearing anytime soon. Unless a dingo gets one of 'em. 

13 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Mr. Avant would have been perfectly fine being a faithful, proud, upstanding human being. There was no reason to turn him into a cheater who talked to his child like she was nothing and for him to continue to essentially treat her like crap in every scene thereafter. I blame the writers for that because he was a likable character, and TPTB ruined him for absolutely no reason.

All of this.

• Love 9

I am sure that the people in charge do auditions for new, untested actors/actresses before they're hired. So how did RJ (Slouchy), Zzzzzzende and Nicole get hired? Sasha was bad when she first appeared but she rapidly improved with her acting abilities. These other 3 became worse the more they were on this show. How is that possible? And why were they kept on for so long when the viewers obviously didn't like them and thought they were terrible in their roles? I can understand keeping Brooke, Ridge (although he has never settled into this role and made it his own, IMO), etc but I'm getting tired and worn out with them too. And the repeating over and over and over the same damn words-Liam, Steffy, Wyatt. Blech. 

• Love 6

Hey, Nicole! Nancy Kerrigan called and wants her skating costume back.  After being forced to see much more of the outfit today, that's what it reminded me of with a big ballgown skirt thrown over it.  I had to ff through most of the show.  I. Just. Couldn't. I was hoping that all of the stupid empty speeches of false praise were filler so we wouldn't have to hear a recitation of "original vows." I have no idea what they said. The only time I paused was for the bits with $Bill and Wyatt (which were also stupid and boring) and Sally and Shirley.

The mantra of every f-ing couple on this show IS ... "EVERYTHING we've been through ... " What exactly have Tweety Head (LOVE that!) and ZZZZZZ been through? She's a vapid twit who was on the verge of becoming a lifetime incubator for her sister and he's a vapid tool who professes to be a "man," yet turns and runs at the first whisper of conflict or terms not to his liking/direction.  Be prepared for heavy doses of this from the upcoming Steam vows with lots of "we wuz robbed" thrown in to shore up the sob story.   Maybe also borrow some "destiny" from Gar-Bridge.

I laughed today at Kristen (who looked a bit better today full-face on) and Tony pleading their backstory. It was especially hilarious when Kristen recounted her and Tony "dating" in the Forrester living room. Yep. That's about how it went down; they didn't even get to go as far as the kitchen. She forgot to mention Eric lurking in the dark corners, lest Tony dare to lay an HIV-tainted HAND (yes, literally!) on Eric's precious daughter.  I know that back then, having a character that was HIV-positive was cutting edge, just like Maya being trans, but Eric was OTT. He caught Tony and Kristen making out in a car once and went ballistic and practically hauled Tony off of her by the collar of his jacket. Thanks for the PSA about how HIV can be successfully managed to day through various therapies.

Another reason why I detest soap weddings are all of the reaction shots of the guests. Liam and Steffy exchanging knowing side glances and Thomas looking at bit dejected and stoic while Sasha put on a brave smile and shed a tear. The best was Quinn trying her damnedest to keep her neck stationery while her eyes were practically riveted out of their sockets trying to get a "subtle" side glimpse at Sludge in the sappy romantic "spell-binding" moment.  She's going to have a wicked tension headache tomorrow.

Somewhere ... Stephanie is laughing!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Ladies and Gentlemen: Allow me to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Dominguez, aka THE MOST BORING COUPLE IN TV HISTORY. Played by the worst actors in daytime. May they live happily ever after. Offscreen

Nicole-Zende-vows-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

I'm sure they will go way of Linsey Godfrey. There is nothing left to tell after the wedding. Another kid perhaps but she's done that. Sasha is off contract. The parents aren't on contract. Rick and Maya don't have a storyline and are one step behind Zende & Nicole in boringville. Yes, the Avant extended family is over and out. 

• Love 11

I'm honestly fine with that. With contracts and budgets being what they are, if they can't utilize a character properly, then write them off and cut bait. Oliver was one of those whose purpose on B&B was served the minute Liam was introduced, yet spent three seasons lamenting Hope before being paired with Ally...just to be put on the shelf until she got offed. So were Marcus and Dayzee. Especially Marcus. Hell, Nick too could've sailed into the sunset at least three years before he and nothing of value would've been lost.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

Thanks to all my wonderful and brilliant fellow posters, there is no need for me to unleash my snark because you all have done it for me! But, I would like to add a few observations:

Eric "My grandson, Zende, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of the man you've become. I'm proud of this commitment you've made. And I'm very happy for you that this woman has agreed to share her life with you. I can tell you it's a very important thing to have a strong woman by your side in this life."

I call raging bullshit on all of that! The only reason Eric is proud of his grandson is that he has followed in the Forrester men tradition of fucking around on your woman, cutting and running, and waffling. And Eric wasn't happy when Stephanie was exerting her "strength." 

Carter "Every love story has its ups and downs. Every couple has their challenges to face. The strongest ones face those challenges and grow together. Zende and Nicole have done that and so many amazing things. Zende moved to a new country as a boy to be part of a new family, start a new life. Nicole, being her sister's surrogate, bringing Lizzy into the world. These are extraordinary people, full of goodness, courage, and grace."

Every love story has it's ups and downs? First of all, there is no love story here; a few dates in the kitchen don't qualify for that. Challenges? Oh, you mean like when Zende couldn't handle all of that goodness Nicole possesses and jumped in the sack with her sister? And not once, but twice? Right O! 

I think Sally looks adorable in that get up. Something about the bangs, glasses and the unpainted lips is really appealing. I hope her and Thomas burn the screen up. After watching Zendon't and Nican't, and the thoroughly unromantic and revolting "Bridge", I am ready for something new and something that makes sense. 

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Thanks to all my wonderful and brilliant fellow posters, there is no need for me to unleash my snark because you all have done it for me! But, I would like to add a few observations:

Eric "My grandson, Zende, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of the man you've become. I'm proud of this commitment you've made. And I'm very happy for you that this woman has agreed to share her life with you. I can tell you it's a very important thing to have a strong woman by your side in this life."

I call raging bullshit on all of that! The only reason Eric is proud of his grandson is that he has followed in the Forrester men tradition of fucking around on your woman, cutting and running, and waffling. And Eric wasn't happy when Stephanie was exerting her "strength." 

Carter "Every love story has its ups and downs. Every couple has their challenges to face. The strongest ones face those challenges and grow together. Zende and Nicole have done that and so many amazing things. Zende moved to a new country as a boy to be part of a new family, start a new life. Nicole, being her sister's surrogate, bringing Lizzy into the world. These are extraordinary people, full of goodness, courage, and grace."

Every love story has it's ups and downs? First of all, there is no love story here; a few dates in the kitchen don't qualify for that. Challenges? Oh, you mean like when Zende couldn't handle all of that goodness Nicole possesses and jumped in the sack with her sister? And not once, but twice? Right O! 

I think Sally looks adorable in that get up. Something about the bangs, glasses and the unpainted lips is really appealing. I hope her and Thomas burn the screen up. After watching Zendon't and Nican't, and the thoroughly unromantic and revolting "Bridge", I am ready for something new and something that makes sense. 

NuSally looked like Janet from another Planet on All My Children. Yes, I know I'm reaching but they look a little similar. LOL!!

ebb2dea70df6726f49a257adf81cc7c3.jpg

• Love 4
13 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Ladies and Gentlemen: Allow me to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Dominguez, aka THE MOST BORING COUPLE IN TV HISTORY. Played by the worst actors in daytime. May they live happily ever after. Offscreen

Nicole-Zende-vows-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

So boring that I completely forget Zende's last name was Dominguez, assuming I ever knew it in the first place.

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

But it was PEPPER STEAK. That's just true love right there.

• Love 10

Recap for Wed. 2/15/17:

Do I really have to recap this crap?

I know ya'll will say I don't have to but there has to be some good laughs somewhere, right?

At the mansion, Carter starts the ceremony and talks about young love being hopeful and inspiring. That may well be, but all these two inspire is for me to pop some No-Doze and as far hopeful, we-ll, I'm hopeful they'll be banished to backburnered status forever and ever amen.

Wyatt is looking for another assignment from $ Bill and yes, he's done more work in a few days than Liam has done...ever.

Bill thinks it's good that he's focusing on work right now and Wyatt counters how that's working out for him, with Brooke attending the Zicole wedding right now (only she isn't and I'm telling you, she is not sick - she's probably out shopping on Rodeo Drive).

Bill snarks that he's sure loser Ridge thinks the next wedding will be his. Well, actually, he's not even thinking about his wedding to Brooke at all. He got her away from $ Bill and they're still not married, so why the rush? Plus, he's too busy making fuck-me faces at his stepmother.

Carter blabs on some more about marriage and how it's the foundation of the family, the source of peace and stability. Are you listening, Julius? ITA with it being some kind of retcon bullshit that Julius was turned into a cheater. 

Sally and Shirley are avidly watching, with Sally comparing it to Buckingham palace and the wedding party the royal family. Where's Aunt Sally to set her straight because that is utter nonsense.

Wyatt, still mourning the loss of his marriage apparently, tells Bill that he's always going to love Steffy but he's let her go. He's not fighting for her anymore (thank God!). Unlike him and Brooke.

Apples and oranges in Bill's mind and Wyatt objects. Bill assures him Liam won't let Steffy down. I beg to differ. 

Wyatt: "His history with Steffy isn't that much better than Ridge and Brooke's!"  Touche.

Bill: "Liam learned his lesson. Forrester hasn't." Neither of them have.

Wyatt: "And maybe Brooke hasn't learned hers if she's giving Ridge another chance." See, I love that Wyatt has the balls to challenge his father. Two peas in a pod and all that.

Bill: "Brooke is doing this for her son. RJ wants to see his family reunited. And sadly for him, that's not going to happen. Brooke knows what we have. Her future is with me." It better be but again, BEFORE she learns the truth about Ridge and Quinn and because she truly loves Bill. 

Carter is waxing poetic about the struggle being oh-so-real with Zende and Nicole and really? Now, I don't doubt that Zende had rough beginnings, with his impoverished beginnings in Africa but once Tony and Kristen adopted him? Smooth sailing. Don't get me started on Pampered Princess Nicole. Sasha must be biting her tongue hard right now.

Wyatt: "Look, I'm not trying to bust your chops about Brooke." Yes, you are.

Bill: "Smart."

Wyatt: "But she and Ridge are engaged, Dad." Wyatt is looking out for $ Bill and that's sweet, but unnecessary this time around, I think.

Bill: "And I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks they're going to be the next couple to get married. But I'm going to tell you something. In fact, you might want to write this down. If it hasn't happened yet, it ain't gonna happen." I'll put my money on $ Bill any day.

Then we have to go through the boring thing of everyone and their brother standing up and saying not-at-all insipid and contrived about the happy couple.

So I'm going to paraphrase instead:

Kristen: "This is such a proud day for us, to see our son get married in the home that I grew up in, the home where we fell in love and spent so much time when we were dating and why am I talking about myself and Tony when it's my son's wedding day? Someone get me a drink."

Tony: "And then when so many people were dying around the world with aids, this beautiful woman, she vowed to love me in sickness and in health for the rest of our lives. And still there's no cure, but now there's people with HIV living beautiful, incredible days like this and oh, I realized, this has nothing to do with this wedding because Zende couldn't give two shits about his original background or country of origin.  We want the best for you and wife that we barely know but I'm sure she's amazing."

Rick: "You two are truly, truly an amazing couple for only going on two real dates. And you're gonna be an even better auntie and uncle to Lizzy and the next babies we force you to carry. We're so proud of you and can we borrow your uterus a few more times? I'm sure Zende won't mind."

Eric: "My grandson, Zende, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of the man you've become, lying and cheating just like I did back in the day.And I'm very happy for you that this woman has agreed to share her life with you even though you're a liar and a cheater. I can tell you it's a very important thing to have a batshitcrazy harpy by your side in this life."

Maya: "Nicole... Rick and I are so grateful to you for giving us Lizzy and the future babies you're sure to give us. And so appreciative to you, Zende, for recognizing Nicole's generosity and courage in being our human incubator. We love you both so much. And we wish you all of the happiness that you've given us and will continue to give us when you give Lizzy some siblings. You can start on that after the honeymoon."

Ridge: "So I grabbed some quote off a Hallmark card and here you go." 

Steffy: "I just want the love and connection you're feeling right now to last the rest of your lives or the next few weeks. And take it from me. You can live a lifetime in just a few weeks. So just trust your heart and have faith and if you lose faith, it's okay, just find someone else to roll around in your skivvies with and cuddle up to. Hold on to each other so tight and never let go until you do and then you can cry and say, 'we wuz robbed!'"

Julius: "I have a good feeling this marriage is going to have me rolling in the dough so thanks for landing a Forrester, my precious pearl, Nicole. You are truly the Rikki-Tikki-Tembo-No-Sa-Rembo-Chari-Beri-Ruchi-Pip-Perri-Pembo to that worthless Sasha's Chan. You're marrying a rich man whose money can make you handwave anything just like you and your sister and your mama have handwaved away all of my misdeeds. Don't get caught in any lies and just rug sweep when you do. And love every single thing about each other every single day unless you're too busy loving the neighbor lady's everything instead."

Bill reminds Wyatt that Ridge is dragging his feet and Wyatt has to agree that's not a good sign for the GarBridge. 

Bill: "I love Brooke. Brooke loves me. (We're a hap-py fam-il-y). This is just a little detour. We'll get back on track. Brooke's doing what she thinks is right for her family. That's never been Forrester's priority. His is self-interest. So what's gonna happen? He's gonna screw Brooke over, just like he always does. If he hasn't already." Oh, he has...and just wait til the truth comes out.

Sasha, bless her heart (and not in a Southern snide way), is the last to comment and I won't snark on her. Her kind words and well wishes are more than either of these two deserve.

They take their vows and you would think it's the most epic love story of all time and I just cannot. When Zende compares her to an angel, click went my remote.

Hey, look, it's the Tweety Bird Head portrait! With decidedly less TBH.

Nicole-Carter-Zende-altar-BB-HW.jpg

Oh, wait - here's one that shows the full thing and I'm sure Quinn is giving Eric what-for again.

bold-quinn-nicole-portrait.jpg

Someone, anyone, promise me that it will be a nice long while before we have to see these two nitwits again. And OMG, if we have to see their honeymoon "antics," no thank you very much.

• Love 11
On 2/10/2017 at 7:50 PM, thewhiteowl said:

I don't enjoy campy humor. A little is okay but this show does not do little. I didn't enjoy the first Spectra bunch so not likely to enjoy a bad imitation. Speaking of bad imitation is Sally junior channeling *Michelle Stafford or what? Aggressive and flailing arms, not a good thing, All she needs is the repeating of lines and the "bucko' thing is already there for the full Stafford, Blech.

* Michelle played Phyllis on Y&R and is now stinking up GH.

Are you me, by any chance?  I couldn't agree more!  The Stafford comparison never occurred to me, but now that you mentioned it I can't unsee it!  I was afraid this Spectra storyline would make me want to quit B&B, and so far my sticking around is not looking so good.

• Love 4
On 2/11/2017 at 0:37 PM, thewhiteowl said:

I don't like it but I'm used to the incestuous squickiness  of B&B relationships and I did catch some chemistry between Eric and Katie back when Ridge was helicopter'd into amnesia. I would *not* mind  them hooking up. Quinn getting all enraged while she's fantasizing about Ridge? She can miss me with that crap.

To be honest, they're all such hypocrites that it's hard to keep track of whose side we're supposed to be on.

• Love 4
On 2/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, Anna Yolei said:

I'd like to think Bell won't have yet another one of Brooke's kids in a teen pregnancy story, but with since RJ is literally related to ever one of the Forresters by blood, there's no borderline incestuous triangle to throw him into.

He's not related to any of the Forresters by blood, he's a Marone, so don't worry, there are still incestuous possibilities! :P

On 2/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, politichick said:

Liam also knows how to buy a beautiful ring.

Unless he's giving someone a ring fresh off the finger of someone else :)

On 2/14/2017 at 10:21 PM, kimmy482 said:

Is it just me or does it look like PF would be showing the Full Monty if not for the Austin Powers-esque arm placement of DD in that photo?!

Hahaha when I saw that picture I thought wait a minute, is PF showing off his cash & prizes???

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Pre-empted yet again by the human Cheeto :/

CBS Daytime is going to try to put the eps up online by 3pm. At this rate they should just upload the next day's ep at 12 AM same day just in case they get pre-empted later.

I've only seen a gif of Steffy slamming Sally's face into that cake and have no idea of the context but for some reason it pissed me off so much that I want Sally to beat her ass til the white meat shows Bernie Mac style.

Ivy and Sally need to team up to take her down.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

He's not related to any of the Forresters by blood, he's a Marone, so don't worry, there are still incestuous possibilities! :P

RJ shares a grandmother in Stephanie with the Tridge brats and Felicia's long forgotten son Dino. I guess only Ivy and her  way older sister Jessica are still on the table.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

RJ shares a grandmother in Stephanie with the Tridge brats and Felicia's long forgotten son Dino. I guess only Ivy and her  way older sister Jessica are still on the table.

You know, when I saw the notification that you quoted me I thought "Crap, he IS related to anyone whose father is Ridge (and of course the Stephanie connection)!"  So too bad, he can't go after Steffy when she & Liam fail :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

NuSally looked like Janet from another Planet on All My Children. Yes, I know I'm reaching but they look a little similar. LOL!!

ebb2dea70df6726f49a257adf81cc7c3.jpg

I freakin loved Natalie down the well. This was my first real 'run home from school even though I had the VCR set to tape' storyline. Although the Dixie/Adam affair was another one I got sucked into but that was via my mom watching AMC.

Can we have Steffy down a well? See if Phoebe were alive and looked like JMW the show could totally do this storyline!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You know, when I saw the notification that you quoted me I thought "Crap, he IS related to anyone whose father is Ridge (and of course the Stephanie connection)!"  So too bad, he can't go after Steffy when she & Liam fail :)

RJ's done nothing to deserve having Steffy sicced on him yet, even if they weren't blood related ;)

10 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Can we have Steffy down a well? See if Phoebe were alive and looked like JMW the show could totally do this storyline!

I support Steffy down a well regardless. :p

What a complete waste of twins when TIIC didn't let them do any twin stuff. As someone else once mentioned, they could've easily had the both of them going after the same man and let Hope do her own thing with discovering Deacon and connecting with her other half-brother in Little Eric. Or have little Eric be the guy the twins fought over, knocking out two birds with one stone.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

RJ's done nothing to deserve having Steffy sicced on him yet, even if they weren't blood related ;)

I support Steffy down a well regardless. :p

What a complete waste of twins when TIIC didn't let them do any twin stuff. As someone else once mentioned, they could've easily had the both of them going after the same man and let Hope do her own thing with discovering Deacon and connecting with her other half-brother in Little Eric. Or have little Eric be the guy the twins fought over, knocking out two birds with one stone.

I keep forgetting this but did JMW and Makenzie Mauzy ever work together or was Phoebe already dead by then? It was so long ago. I just remember being paired with ugly Rick who had been on DOOL.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

JMW had been there a few months. They brought Mauzy back long enough to kill her off. In fact, the scenes used in the Montage were from the ONLY episode that the both of them appeared in.

I'd take ugly Rick over the Ken doll Rick we have now. Once he cut his hair off, he cleaned up nicely.

• Love 4

Well, I took one for the team and watched on POP. It was more gag fest moments, speeches, Thomas kissing Sally, and Steffy realising Sally was there, and proceeding to push her head into the cake her Gram brought. Oh, what else? Quinn saying the wants to bolt her portrait to the wall. I don't know why because...

Spoiler

spoilers say Ivy will see Quinn and Ridge kissing, so I'm sure her days will be numbered and limited.

The Snooze couple were in the hotel room talking about their perfect love and happiness and Zzzz said he belongs to Nicole forever....probably until they find out she can't get pregnant again or until he gets the wandering eye/waffles or until they retcon for some reason.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 5

Some more random thoughts about the wedding:

No Katie, Wyatt or Ivy? Yeah, Katie and Quinn don't get on, but the day wasn't about Quinn. Wyatt? Maybe he didn't want to watch Liam and Steffy make googley eyes at each other, or he just wasn't invited. Ivy I really don't get; I guess she is only a Forrester when she is being assaulted or overhears something she shouldn't. You know, when you think about it, Ivy really is treated like the redheaded StepForrester.

Liam was there? With Quinn? I don't mean with Quinn, but in the same room as her? Wait just a sec here.........Steffy and Quinn were there too! OMG! How did Steffy make it through the service alive? Isn't Liam convinced that Quinn is just laying in wait to attack Steffy? Kidnap her, tie her up and take her to Wyatt and force them to be together? Because Liam is convinced that Steffy has been under Quinn's mojo ever since his return, and is the sole reason she married Wyatt. But he seemed kinda relaxed. Safety in numbers? His ring on Steffy's finger? Well, imagine that; it all had nothing to do with Quinn, and "all she has put us through", it was really all about Wyatt. I hope neither of the Spencer boys end up with ole Fauxdi'; Wyatt deserves better and Liam deserves nothing.

I loved Pam's little gem lined red sweater.

Today's show was pretty good outside of all the Zende/Nicole stuff, so in other words, there was about eight minutes worth watching. I mean seriously? These two kids had more accolades, toasts, speeches, tributes and testimonials than my parent's did at their 65th wedding anniversary. Guess what? I got something to praise them about; I say Praise Jesus and thank you Lord for putting an end to their nonsense, and now that you got them married, please carry them away somewhere so I don't have to see them anymore.

Sally had it coming, but in her usual brute force fashion, Fauxdilok's performed a two handed head slam on Sally. Could have broken the girls nose, or her glasses, or her pride. But Sally knew it and took her lumps in stride. And she was far more adorable wearing cake than Fauxdi'.

I really enjoy watching Thomas kiss Sally.

Because I have no life, and tend to think about this show when not watching it, last night I found myself connecting the dots of the similarities of Brooke/Ridge and Thomas/Sally, and son of a gun, if Thomas didn't point that out to Sally today. And as much as I want this Spectra gang to have their own identity, is as much as Thomas talking like that made my heart sing. These two are working for me on every level.

• Love 6

After ff through enough minutes of Cheeto-Comb-over to lose patience, I went into the other room and popped on to CBS.com and saw the entire episode.  You did not miss much.

Don't want to spoil, so will hide for those who wish to watch online. 

Spoiler

It was post-nuptials gabbing, fueled by champagne but that didn't make it any less tiresome and nauseating. Pam thought that Shirley and Sally were undercover tabloid reporters and there was a lot of stupid banter with Charlie about who had made the better cake, Shirley or Pam. Fortunately, that was quickly dropped.

Thomas immediately figured out that the caterer was Sally. They shared some flirting by the end of the staircase and Thomas spun a (false news) yarn about how Ridge and Brooke met while Brooke was catering a party at the house. He told nuSally that they'd met in the very room, but in truth, Ridge and Brooke met at poolside because at the last minute, Stephanie had decided to serve the drinks for Ridge and Caroline's engagement party outside by the pool. Steffy spied them talking and got suspicious. Pam and Sasha vied to catch the bouquet and Pam nearly tackled Sasha to catch it. (Sasha, honey, don't worry. There are far better men waiting for you in PRIMETIME!)

Then everybody was sitting around in a circle by the blazing fireplace fawning over the newlybores with more tales from the past. Did y'all know that Zende was a regular dancin' machine when he was a kid? (I thought that was Nicole.) Oh, yeah, I guess we missed an actual (one and done) date because Nicole said that Zende took her to her first concert in L.A. and they were dancing in the aisles. Then they did a little dance twirl. Ahhhhh ... Steffy spied Thomas sneaking Sally back into the kitchen. Oh, and Har-de-har-har, Sludge caught SLouchy at the champagne bar and Slouch insisted it was sparkling apple cider. Sludge didn't GAF as he was preoccupied with Quinn. Slouch inquired about the dreamy look in Sludge's eye (I'm paraphrasing) and reckoned he was thinking about marrying Brooke. Sludge hastily agreed. Liar. Liar. Pants on fire. There was no contact between Sludge and Quinn today. She wisely stuck close to Eric's side.

One nice thing did happen. In the campfire fireplace circle, when Julius spoke, he said " ... with my THREE lovely daughters ..." Sasha looked so pleased and touched. That was literally the only good and relevant thing that happened during the entire show.

Thomas pleaded with Sally to leave and Sally actually listened and agreed was ready to grab Shirley and leave when Steffy barged in. In short, after blasting Sally with a few heated words, Steffy grabbed the back of Sally's neck (violent one, that girl is!) and shoved her face into the chocolate cake. BUT ... resourceful Aunt Shirley caught the whole incident on video. 

Then, there was a cut to Quinn meticulously directing some men on stepladders to rehang her portrait. She made some joke to Eric about bolting it to the wall. Then cut to Zende and Nicole sitting on the edge of some four-poster bed festooned with fussy drapes and a canopy and they are barf-worthy ooey-cooey and start kissing, then thankfully, the show was over before we had to see anything more. Oh, yeah, up close, Nicole's dress looked really cheap and scratchy.  The End. I hope we will get a much better and more detailed recap from CountryGirl if she was able to see the show!

• Love 4

I have to say that the ZenCole nuptial was the most boring wedding I've ever been to --  and that includes the Southern Baptist wedding I attended where the reception was in the basement church hall and they served only white sheet cake, mints, and lime sherbet ginger ale punch.

We were treated to endless praise heaping on the couple during the ceremony and then a repeat of same during the boring reception while everyone literally  sat around.  *This* is what Zendon't thought was giving TBH the wedding of her dreams? If I were Nicole I'd want a do-over. 

And seriously -- Julius and Viv have married off two daughters into the billionaire Forrester family and they are still living in a damn motel. Where's the love from Maya and Nicole -- why aren't they doing anything to help them?

I expected Katie to show up -- you know -- just dropping by like the good neighbor she is.

• Love 8