Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Skarzero said:

Unpopular opinion perhaps...MA is good but he hardly lives up to the hype for me. He plays creepy, douchebag far too well to be a permanently convincing heartthrob. 

He has resting evil face. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Skarzero said:

^^^This. Thorne has been done so incredibly dirty and for what? But that aside, I don't really mind Bill having a 4th kid so much that the 4th kid is Luna. I have no idea why Bradley is so afraid/unwilling to make Bill Kelly's father. He (or whoever was writing at the time) had no problem destroying Bridge by making Bridget Eric's kid, and Steamless is far more deserving of that particular torpedo than 90s era Bridge ever was. Also how could Bill have all that unprotected sex in the span of 2-3 decades(at the height of the aids epidemic at that!) and not catch an STD? Like geez this show....

I think what some people miss is that Thomas' crazy far predates Emma/Hope/Beth. Redeeming him was always an iffy, ambitious endeavor. But they still did it before MA was in the role. Bradley seems to enjoy yanking the chain of Thomas fans without letting those of us that dislike him have have any peace either. If Persion Fode was still Thomas, I might have less of an issue with the propping(though it'd still be annoying but that's Bradley for you). Mostly because that's what PF was used for already, and it actually worked! For far more people than MA seems to work for.

Unpopular opinion perhaps...MA is good but he hardly lives up to the hype for me. He plays creepy, douchebag far too well to be a permanently convincing heartthrob. 

I honestly think(wishful thinking) Finn's dialouge was meant for Wyatt because that whole "you'll never be with Hope as long as I live" line was too weird, & too forced he doesn't even know Hope like that does he? Or at least not well enough to get THAT invested out of the blue. But with that said, there is absolutely no issue with him considering Thomas a danger in general. It's the same way Steffy rightfully regarded Sheila.

But I have no doubt Miss infantilization/double standard will staunchly defend her position and her pycho brother. Even as she remains pensive over his relationship with Hope, because how he'll choose to act out when Hope decides she's done thinking with her crotch.

Good job writers.....good job....

That was Senior Bell who made Bridget Eric's, I was. HUGE Bridge fan and I still remember how pissed I was that Bridget was Eric's child.  Out of nowhere Eric slept with Brooke who was too sleepy or altered at the time (can't recall). I was steaming mad LOL..

I think Thomas needs to be a dark gray..not a goody two shoes and not a straight up villain. He does do underhanded very well.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, Skarzero said:

think what some people miss is that Thomas' crazy far predates Emma/Hope/Beth. Redeeming him was always an iffy, ambitious endeavor. But they still did it before MA was in the role. Bradley seems to enjoy yanking the chain of Thomas fans without letting those of us that dislike him have have any peace either. If Persion Fode was still Thomas, I might have less of an issue with the propping(though it'd still be annoying but that's Bradley for you). Mostly because that's what PF was used for already, and it actually worked! For far more people than MA seems to work for.

I had a long list as to why Fode worked and MA's redemption stuck, but this stupid phone are the damn thing.

Essentially, PF!Thomas' redemption was entirely separate from Caroline and never made her issue and he actually **stopped** being a creep to the women he would later interact with. And frankly, if Fode didn't quit the series, I doubt they would've ended that faked injury story with him going off with Caroline, but I think it speaks to how successful the redemption was that the fans were livid at Caroline for her scheming rather than cheering her on for some much needed katmic payback.

It was basically the complete and exact opposite for MA!Thomas, who had no remorse for what he did, and continues to use his son in his schemes to get with Hope or ruin Bridge's marriage and has for the time being still seemingly won in spite of everything.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

That was Senior Bell who made Bridget Eric's, I was. HUGE Bridge fan and I still remember how pissed I was that Bridget was Eric's child.  Out of nowhere Eric slept with Brooke who was too sleepy or altered at the time (can't recall). I was steaming mad LOL..

The story was that Brooke was drunk after some corporate meeting and forgot the one night of their separation that they had sex. A misunderstanding, if you will :\

Apart from that nonsense, the story I always heard for the change was that following Tylo's return, she and her then husband were born again Christians and she was adamant about  being the only woman to be the mother of his children and not depict divorce, which was also why Tridge is the rare couple to have a marriage last longer than two years.

I mean, no know on religion but I would simply find work in any other industry than acting as Gregory Peck/Thomas #2 did. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I get creep vibes any time he tries to be romantic Thomas.

Same. The combination of his overall evil vibe along with the character's history just make it uncomfortable for me. 

26 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I had a long list as to why Fode worked and MA's redemption stuck, but this stupid phone are the damn thing.

Essentially, PF!Thomas' redemption was entirely separate from Caroline and never made her issue and he actually **stopped** being a creep to the women he would later interact with. And frankly, if Fode didn't quit the series, I doubt they would've ended that faked injury story with him going off with Caroline, but I think it speaks to how successful the redemption was that the fans were livid at Caroline for her scheming rather than cheering her on for some much needed katmic payback.

It was basically the complete and exact opposite for MA!Thomas, who had no remorse for what he did, and continues to use his son in his schemes to get with Hope or ruin Bridge's marriage and has for the time being still seemingly won in spite of everything.

All of this. I loved Thomas/Sally. Despite how short-lived they were, they were probably one of my favorite couples on this show. One of the reasons they worked was because Sally wasn't one of his previous victims/obsessions. It was an equal footing relationship in terms of their interest in each other. And he wasn't all creepily intense. 

That's one of the reasons I think that what they need to do is hold auditions and find an actress who has that kind of instant chemistry with MA, and bring her in as a whole new character to pair him with. I really wish that, instead of bringing him back to FC after the fake CPS call, they would have had him go work somewhere else or strike out on his own have some time where we saw him really working on himself, and then meet a new woman. 

18 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Apart from that nonsense, the story I always heard for the change was that following Tylo's return, she and her then husband were born again Christians and she was adamant about  being the only woman to be the mother of his children and not depict divorce, which was also why Tridge is the rare couple to have a marriage last longer than two years.

I mean, no know on religion but I would simply find work in any other industry than acting as Gregory Peck/Thomas #2 did. 

I can see someone making requests for their own character, but it's absolutely insane to give in to letting her make demands about another character. It would be one thing to say that she didn't want Taylor cheating or having babies with more than one man. But putting limitations on another character?  And as for divorce, I mean, come on, it's a soap. If you can't handle your fictional character being divorced, it's not the right job for you. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I’m sorry when Thomas imitated Finn’s proclamation I was 😂 😂 . I just had to watch that again. 

I wonder if that was ad-libbed.  

Thank you Thomas - Hope isn’t a damsel in distress. Last time I checked she can make up her own mind. 

Runa/Zende 🛌 😴 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I can see someone making requests for their own character, but it's absolutely insane to give in to letting her make demands about another character.

Wouldn't be the first time. Apparently, when Victoria on Y&R was recast, TPTB were chem testing her with Jack and Eric Braden put an end to that for reasons. The goat would, as we all know, later go on to have Victor schlep Sharon, which IIRC was the final straw that got Maria Arena "I'm gonna give Victor everything he wants" Bell sacked.

21 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And as for divorce, I mean, come on, it's a soap. If you can't handle your fictional character being divorced, it's not the right job for you. 

HUGE facts.

That said, I will say that this restriction made the show get creative in their conflicts between the two of them and that it actually allowed the couple a chance to actually mature and grow and for people to get truly invested in them. Regardless of everything I know of Taylor and her hypocrisy now, as a new viewer in 1999, it gave me the chance to actually like Taylor when my first impression of her was as a woman who took care of a dying homeless man with TB at great risk to her already high risk pregnancy (Ridge could always kick rocks tho lol)

53 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Finn:  Just because you "saved" Eric's life doesn't make you a saint or savior.  Stay out of Thomas' face.  

As much as I'm here for Thomas having a hard time by anyone, this one ain't it. Homeboy needs to take care of his own psycho egg donor before taking on Thomas

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Z, you are the biggest dick head not only because you don’t really know where you really stand in the family dynamic but the fucking ugly shirt you are wearing. 

It’s ego busting for Z to know that his collaboration with Eric failed on the behalf of HFTF but RJ’s collaboration, with Eric, were more successful. The point is that Z and Eric were counterproductive as two designers where RJ was putting Eric’s ideas to paper. RJ is not thinking for Eric but Z and even Ridge would be intertwining their vision into Eric’s designs. 

Z neither you nor RJ are Foresters by blood so get off your sanctimonious 🐂💩.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Yeah, Poppy, the dress with the screaming pink ass bow is the one.

I think Steffy’s crazy detector started tingling a little when Thomas was prattling on. He is just exhausting with all his hopeful gushing that Hope is going to fall madly in love with him. Buddy, you’re the only available man who she can be 1000% certain won’t fuck Steffy. Calm the hell down.

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
(edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 2:45 PM, Anna Yolei said:

The story was that Brooke was drunk after some corporate meeting and forgot the one night of their separation that they had sex. A misunderstanding, if you will :\

So this was Misunderstanding Night 1.0 that resulted in a pregnancy, huh?  Is Misunderstanding Night 2.0 (Thomas and Caroline) really 2.0 or am I forgetting another Misunderstanding Night?  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sorry folks…there is no spoiler, I just hit the wrong button!  

Edited by norcalgal
  • Like 2

Finn is saying Thomas is dangerous but Finn coming out looking more crazy. Thomas was treating him more tolerant than he deserved. So Thomas repeating back Finn's nonsense was funny. 

Nothing Zende said was wrong.  RJ and the golden child is creepy skater boy and doesn't fit. 

• Like 6

"I'm your children's uncle."  OK, great, and Sheila is their grandmother. What else you got? 

Unless JMW was getting the emoting all wrong (which I'm not discounting as a possibility), Steffy is pretty sure her psycho brother did kill Emma, but she'd really just like to pretend that he's all better now, so she doesn't have to deal with facing that fact. She's probably going to cling hard to the whole "he's a different man now," bullshit. 

Do they just think that the actor who plays Xander can't handle the heavy confrontation scenes with Thomas, so they're giving them to Finn instead?  Other than Thomas's repeated Sheila-like "family" threats towards Finn, the rest of their scenes would make more sense with Xander in Finn's place. Oh, no, wait, as I finish typing that, I realized that the show is doing this shit because they need it to inject issues in the Sinn marriage via his distrust of Thomas and his protectiveness of Hope, so that Steffy can look like the victim when she cha cha chas her bad wig over to Waffles. 

Luna, honey, you can just leave. You can find it completely weird and creepy that your boyfriend's cousin lured you to a romantic dinner and leave. Related: Zende, you're being weird and creepy. For the love of fuck, go visit your grandfather and ask him if you can help him with his line. Stop whining at RJ, who has said he doesn't care if you help them with the line. (Which just seems l like the obvious solution here. Why can't the three of them work together on the line? This story is so stupid. And, I swear, if it ends up in Misunderstanding Night 3.0...) 

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
12 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Buddy, you’re the only available man who she can be 1000% certain won’t fuck Steffy. Calm the hell down.

Facts, and Hope's only certain of that because they were raised in Southern California and not Southern Mississippi and/or Alabama 🤠

8 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Do they just think that the actor who plays Xander can't handle the heavy confrontation scenes with Thomas, so they're giving them to Finn instead?  Other than Thomas's repeated Sheila-like "family" threats towards Finn, the rest of their scenes would make more sense with Xander in Finn's place. Oh, no, wait, as I finish typing that, I realized that the show is doing this shit because they need it to inject issues in the Sinn marriage via his distrust of Thomas and his protectiveness of Hope, so that Steffy can look like the victim when she cha cha chas her bad wig over to Waffles. 

For real, as much as Thomas deserves to get shit on, having Finn do it, & do it so fervently, when he couldn't even contemplate letting Sheila die in the ER is so forced.  Doing it on Hope's behalf makes the plan to revitalize steam* even more transparent. 

*I've probably said this before but I'll say it again. If Steamless needs all this character assassination to bring it back from the grave that Stallion night put it in, then the pairing sucks even more than anyone realizes.... and I don't even think there is anyone asking for this.

Like...as gross & overhyped Thope is...at least there's a sizable market for it 💀

Zende's behavior is starting to get on my last nerve. He's honestly making root for R.J's boring ass. Also, the fact that he's targeting R.J and not Thomas & Steffy who were also unqualified nepo babies given a chance(s) is not at all lost on me...

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I don't mind Zende targeting RJ because Zende knows RJ is just a creep.  However, I don't like Zende going after Luna because she looks too young and surely, he could find a more suitable woman in LA.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

*breathe* It’s Zende not Xander lol .. names are confusing me 

I think the actor Delon is in his mid thirties but looks younger. Hence why he’s in the kiddie pool. The Runa actors are both in their early 20’s. Zende (not Xander) is really contemporaries with Hope and Thomas and should really be involved there. I think he’s okay with nepo Taytots because unlike RJ they have formal training. If I recall correctly Steffy went to business school and didn’t start at the top and I know Ridge sent Thomas’s ass to design school vs just having him design for the company. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I've probably said this before but I'll say it again. If Steamless needs all this character assassination to bring it back from the grave that Stallion night put it in, then the pairing sucks even more than anyone realizes.... and I don't even think there is anyone asking for this.

There absolutely is not. It's a huge change from five years ago where people were openly laughing at Hope's pain and looking forward to the inevitable Steam reunion but what few remaining Steamless hopefuls exist have appeared to been run off or deplatformed from Twitter by the rest of Team Steffy fandom. I've been asking for years why anyone would want their face with the feckless waffle, even to spite Hope, and people are finally agreeing.

15 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Do they just think that the actor who plays Xander can't handle the heavy confrontation scenes with Thomas, so they're giving them to Finn instead? 

They're not even thinking that hard... consciously or not, this show does not view Black characters with any other agency but to support the white faves. And this has always been a problem on this show, going back to Valarie the assistant to Caroline (who disappeared when she died), RuthAnne, Raymond, Marcus, Justin and Carter. Maya and her family have been the only exception to this and I'm certain Karla Mosley must've had some major blackmail on Bell for that to happen.

But putting that aside, I guess this is their way of building Finn's bland as oatmeal character and I'm all for the Wizard giving him a brain separate from Steffy's, but it would be really cool if he had an iota of awareness that all the shade he's throwing at Thomas apply twofold to that egg donor he refuses to set boundaries for.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Zende (not Xander) is really contemporaries with Hope and Thomas and should really be involved there.

Wasn't he rolling with them in the mid-2010s when he was waffling between Maya's sisters? Hell, chronologically, he was a tween back when Steffy and Thomas were still in diapers, so he should be even older than that, but definitely not going after 20 somethings.

3 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

I think he’s okay with nepo Taytots because unlike RJ they have formal training.

Thomas has a whole big ass fight with Ridge in '05 about going to school so I know his ass went. Steffy was at school in Europe when she was called back home in '08 and never went back. I don't believe she ever graduated and while she definitely had a pretty cushy push to the top between seducing Bill, Taylor's favoritism and Quinn bribing her with co- CEO to curry her acceptance of her & Eric's marriage, I guess she's put in her dues, I guess.

RJ OTOH doesn't want to be there and has no passion. And I'm here for a rivalry that doesn't involve either Tridge brat, especially when neither can play the "True Forrester" card like Exodia the Forbidden One in Yu-Gi-Oh (at least, I hope RJ doesn't) but Zende creeping on his cousins girl is quite literally THE SAME SHIT Rick pulled with Steffy when he was having a go at Ridge. It wasn't cute then and it isn't now. Have a go at RJ (or the puppet master pushing him up the ladder) but leave Luna outta it.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Z is so full of shit. He would jump Luna’s bones in a hot second. Like Lurch, he doesn’t know his boundaries. Lune should have just keep on walking out but she has too big of a heart to do so. Luna set Z straight but that doesn’t mean he’s not going to try again

As I said before, Lurch is a psychopath. He’s just able to control his emotions better until there is a trigger. An alcoholic and a drug addict will always be an alcoholic and a drug addict. One drink is too much and more than one is not enough. The same goes for a drug addict.  

Why did Stuffy say that Emma’s death is a dangerous, volatile, and dangerous subject if there is nothing to it?  Does she even know more and she’s covering up for Lurch?  Bringing it up now should be much ado about nothing. 

Once again, from the replay, unless this is revisionist history like misunderstanding night, Emma was looking in her rear view mirror and not looking at her phone. Lurch was the one causing Emma to speed up. If there is no contact between the cars then Lurch can only be charged with road rage, speeding, and reckless driving but not murder.  Lurch didn’t have an obligation to call 911 according to CA law.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
18 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

For the love of fuck, go visit your grandfather and ask him if you can help him with his line

This would be a real world answer ..... and be an interesting scene on Show.

Except ......... Golden Child RJ )TM) is the son of Golden Boy Ridge (TM) and Zende is not the son of one of the Forrester golden offspring.

Ridge was always the most favored Forrester child. Doesn't matter that he's really a Marrone. He was/ is in the CEO office and Thorne was always in the basement.

Golden Child RJ is the future of FC. Son of the Golden Boy and the Golden Cooter. Therefore he outranks Zende by miles and miles of expensive fabric.

You'd think that Thomas would be mighty upset that suddenly RJ is FC's future and he, Thomas, with years of design experience is relegated to the on-hiatus-probably-forever HFTF.

Maybe Thomas and Zende can team up to take RJ down a peg or 3 (or 4). Not that I like Thomas At. All. but at least he would have something to occupy his mind besides his Hope obsession.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
(edited)

Steffy said Finn is protecting her? No he's sticking himself in Hopes life.  It's all about Hope. 

Finn isn't trying to rush to judgment? It's all he's done. Then he's listening to how Xander "thinks" it went down. 

We need to always see RJ with Eric but never a scene with Thomas or Zende. It's so forcing of RJ. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

OK, yeah, Steffy clearly knows her psycho brother did it. That's why she's so desperate to get Finn to leave it alone, and she's calling it a dangerous and volatile subject, because if it gets brought up, it's going to go poorly for the family's pipe dream that Thomas isn't that bad. I could see if she was just saying that bringing up anything from that time period was a painful subject, given the whole Phoebe/Beth thing. But, instead of even referencing that, she's specifically saying that Emma's death is a dangerous subject. If it was truly resolved with the police investigation, it wouldn't be a risky subject. 

I totally don't remember those scenes of Xander checking the security footage and checking Thomas's GPS info. 

To be fair to Finn, he did finally set boundaries with Sheila. I mean he basically did it as Steffy's backup singer, but when Steffy came back from Europe, the two of them went over there and both told her she had to stay the fuck away and wasn't welcome there. It all freaking Steffy out enough to leave him was a wakeup call for him.  How many wakeup calls has Steffy had about Thomas, and she still gives him chance after chance? 

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Once again, from the replay, unless this is revisionist history like misunderstanding night, Emma was looking in her rear view mirror and not looking at her phone. Lurch was the one causing Emma to speed up. If there is no contact between the cars then Lurch can only be charged with road rage, speeding, and reckless driving but not murder.  Lurch didn’t have an obligation to call 911 according to CA law.  

A few days ago, I watched the original scenes because a soap site uploaded the full episode from that day to refresh everyone's memory. She did pick up her phone a couple times to try to text, but she kept telling herself not to use her phone while driving and putting it back down. Then she was looking in her rearview mirror because Thomas was all over her bumper, and she was wondering what the hell the car behind her was doing and why they wouldn't back off.  It's not clear to me if he ever made contact, or she just lost control of her car while focusing on the danger of the car behind her being all over her.  So the flashbacks today were pretty accurate to what originally aired. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Observations from today,

1. I see Thomas found the burgundy version of the black shirt he was wearing this past week. I’m trying to decide if I like it or not,  it’s kind of ugly but then it’s not…

2. RJ and Luna snooze 😴 💤 

3. It was creepy of Zende to set that dinner up even though I think they’re all boring.

4. So Thomas came across as delusional before but today I’m like 🤔 . Is he delusional or just being led on?  Hope did not look uncomfortable at all today when he was discussing, the non-engagement. She seemed quite happy and contented. She was smiling, giggling and giving him warm looks.  So how would the average person interpret her body language and her actions.  She’s also wearing the necklace ring.  The same necklace seems to have miraculously gotten much longer so now the ring is in her cleavage.  But all intense purposes, the signals she’s sending to Thomas isn’t what she’s really feeling.  I can’t say she’s doing it because she’s scared of how he would react, she looked quite contented. She was Cheshire Cat grinning 

5. They’re still cute 🥰..loved the little joke about the first marriage 

6. Things are totally going to blow up in Thomas’s face aren’t they? 😭 

7. Steffy is conflicted, which means she doesn’t fully believe Thomas.

8. Thomas keeps saying he’s a different different person, are we making a case for  disassociative personality disorder lol. Joking. 

ETA 

9. I like Thope but can we get a break from Thomas blowing all that smoke up Hope’s ass, it’s tedious  and she shouldn’t have told him she appreciated his proposal..mixed signals !!

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just realized that along with the ugly fashions, that engagement ring is awful ugly too. It looks like costume jewelry. 

Is Z the new Lurch where infatuation, with a woman, leads to obsession?

The more Lurch talks and keeps saying the same old shit, the more I’m convinced that Lurch is more obsessed with Hope than in love with her.  He doesn’t really love her but the thought of being in love with her. 

Hope looks like she’s trying to hold in a fart than any compassion while kissing Lurch 🤢🤢🤮

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Zende owes RJ according to him?  They really did bad casting.  Can't take anything with him seriously. No matter how much they try to write RJ as golden child, Zende is better. 

Finn needs to really back off. He's an idiot believing someone who starts his claim with I wasn't there but I think what happened is...

• Like 13
On 1/7/2024 at 2:39 PM, Crashcourse said:

I can't stand to watch RJ either.  He creeps me the hell out and he can't act.

His mouth and teeth are so weird. I thought that professional actors all had their teeth done. I can't understand why this guy was cast as RJ. Is he IRL some Hollywood nepo baby?

On 1/9/2024 at 7:59 PM, La di Diva said:

Golden Child RJ is the future of FC. Son of the Golden Boy and the Golden Cooter. Therefore he outranks Zende by miles and miles of expensive fabric.

You're talking about French lace, aren't you? ;)

On 1/9/2024 at 10:19 PM, KerleyQ said:

I totally don't remember those scenes of Xander checking the security footage and checking Thomas's GPS info. 

Oh, I do. It is surprising to me that they are finally addressing Emma's death. It's been so long ago. I wasn't expecting so many flashbacks. Hey, what am I saying - this show does flashbacks to earlier scenes of the same episode regularly! But I'm glad for these flashbacks. They've got more flashbacks to go to let the newer viewers know what happened. Can't wait to see Thomas leave her there to die. It wasn't murder, but it was something.  

7 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

1. I see Thomas found the burgundy version of the black shirt he was wearing this past week. I’m trying to decide if I like it or not,  it’s kind of ugly but then it’s not…

Every episode with Thomas in that black shirt had me thinking, that's a $Bill shirt.

God help me, it must be the flu affecting me, but today for the first time I saw the Hope and Thomas chemistry and I started rooting for them. Makes no sense. I think Xander and Finn are just getting on my nerves. And Stuffy the cousin-killer is just a hopeless case.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

It really sucks that TPTB wrote Thomas as going so, so dark, because he & Hope have amazing chemistry, the best either incarnation of Hope has had, in my opinion. They are smoking hot together, but I just can’t get past his past, in regards to her & Emma, both, & even Caroline.

It also makes me feel so dirty, not in a good way, to agree with Liam, of all people, but he was spouting truth today. Thomas would’ve been perfectly fine with Steffy raising PhoeBeth, & Hope completely missing out on her daughter’s life. 

Finally, it’s amazing how that ring hangs so perfectly on the necklace, to nestle right into Hope’s cleavage, a perfect fit!

Edited by nkotb
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2

Wash, Rinse, Repeat to the complete and utter degree of nauseam 🤢🤮.  

Come to my cabin where Beth and Douglas live, in the crawl space, so they won’t bother us.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Oh, I do. It is surprising to me that they are finally addressing Emma's death. It's been so long ago. I wasn't expecting so many flashbacks. Hey, what am I saying - this show does flashbacks to earlier scenes of the same episode regularly! But I'm glad for these flashbacks. They've got more flashbacks to go to let the newer viewers know what happened. Can't wait to see Thomas leave her there to die. It wasn't murder, but it was something.

I've watched this dang show since literally the first episode, and I will tell you that you would be hard-pressed to find an actor worse than Nia Sioux (Emma) - and that's saying a lot. I am fine with the flashbacks as long as we just see her car spinning out of control and NONE of her acting. It's just so awful. The majority of her acting was the same as my youngest child when she was lying and trying to get out of trouble - that weird head-cocking-to-the-side movement like a beagle who's hearing something weird, mouth half open ... just so odd (and terrible).

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Liam was not surprised about Xander, he shows up to Hopes after Xander goes to Finn again. 

Liam seemed extra slimy. He's involved in this.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Could Liam be any more of a sanctimonious arsehat than he already is I hear you ask? Well, yes. After today's behaviour with Hope at the cabin, yes he can.

59 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

that weird head-cocking-to-the-side movement like a beagle who's hearing something weird, mouth half open ... just so odd (and terrible).

*whispers* Isn't that Ridge though?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

It's kind of interesting watching the writing for Steffy and Hope and how JMW and AN are playing things. Both of them flashing right back to their conversations with Finn whenever they have any time alone, Steffy telling Finn that he has to put it out of his head, clearly cannot put it out of hers, her almost desperate "maybe he was driving to Brooke's house," and things of that nature combined with how over the top they both seem to be in acting like they fully believe in his innocence, and Hope being extra lovey-dovey towards Thomas.  It's like there's a part of them, deep down, that knows Xander is one hundred percent right, but they're deep in denial and trying to overcompensate. 

It's like that quote about how it's easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled.  People don't like to admit that they've been fooled.  In Hope's case, especially, I'd imagine it would be hard to reconcile learning this now with the fact that she's been sleeping with him. It was already such a big deal that she was able to get past all she knew of his history and what he's done to her and her family, and she's had to defend her decision and go along with the Steffy/Taylor company line about how Thomas is a different man now so much. So, to realize and admit that he's also a killer? She'd feel like a huge fool. It also caught my attention that she cut herself off while talking to Liam as soon as she said "I may have been naive," like that's one of her big fears, being naive about another man. 

And, from Steffy's point of view, she was his, second to their mother, his earliest "he's all better now" cheerleader. She pushed the issue of bringing him back to FC and HFTF. She welcomes him around her family. She's defended him to people.  He's her family. Her family being united has always been so important to her. So admitting to herself that her brother was responsible for Emma's death would mean she was wrong about him, and it would disrupt her happy family fantasy. You could tell that she knows the truth deep down by her reaction when Thomas told her Xander was right about one thing. 

Liam is a dick (side note: stop barging into Hope's home unannounced), but he's right about Thomas, especially the part about how, if he'd gotten away with it, he'd be content to still have Hope believe her baby was dead. That's just something I wouldn't be able to get past, and I get Liam's confusion and dismay that Hope has gotten past it to this degree. He's still a dick, though. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Honestly with all this talk of Thomas has changed I feel like I’m watching AN’s Hope v2.0 and MA’s Thomas v2.0

So Thomas has been in love with Hope forever ever “ever ever” but wasn’t that v1.0, so how come he’s loves v2.0 so much when she seems like a completely different person.  Seriously v2.0 is acting like she never had good “collaborating” before ..

Thomas keeps crediting Hope for his change but that’s not actually true. He was changed prior to coming back to work on HFTF, Hope got involved with Thomas v2.0 - she went to him AFTER he stopped chasing after her so how is she responsible for Thomas v2.0

Hope and Liam work really well as opposing forces, not as a romantic pairing.

Liam is a dick agreed but I thoroughly enjoyed him today. He was doing his usual “doom and gloom”..but he looked very gleeful that Xander was around. 

Steffy knows something is up. 

Liberty bibberty need to listen to mommy Li..

• Like 8

Even a blind waffle will eventually fall face first into a puddle of syrup, I suppose. Liam is right about Thomas, but Hope doesn’t want to hear it coming from his dickish, condescending piehole. 

10 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

especially the part about how, if he'd gotten away with it, he'd be content to still have Hope believe her baby was dead. That's just something I wouldn't be able to get past, and I get Liam's confusion and dismay that Hope has gotten past it to this degree

I can’t get past it as a viewer. Even if Thomas never did anything else, this is still a bridge too far for me. Too bad that all Liam running his mouth will do is make Hope double down on the relationship. His concerns are valid but he has zero credibility with her.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

So Thomas has been in love with Hope forever ever “ever ever”

This is something I forgot to mention in my last post. He keeps saying that, but it doesn't track with even my knowledge of his history (as someone who hasn't been watching as long as a lot of others here). From what I know, after Steffy married Liam the first time, she was afraid Liam would go back to Hope, so she enlisted Thomas to spend time with her and distract her. That never seemed like a love match as much as a "well, she's pretty and I've got nothing better to do, so why not" agreement to his sister's plan. Then, he was all in on Caroline, obsessing over her similarly to how he'd eventually come to obsess over Hope, leading to Misunderstanding Night. After that, he was in an actual good relationship with Sally that ended because he went to be with Douglas and try to make a go of being a family with Caroline. 

He was just suddenly obsessed with Hope when he came back to town after Caroline died. I don't know that he's ever been "in love" with her as much as obsessed with having her because he doesn't like that he didn't get what he wanted in the first place. 

Side note: I know a minimal amount about Thomas's thing with Brooke back before my time. If I'm correct, they never actually hooked up, right?  But, I wonder if Hope knows about that whole mess where he pursued her mother and led her to believe they'd slept together to try to keep her and his father apart. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think if memory serves me right he had a crush on Brooke. Stephanie senior bribed him to lie about hooking up with Brooke for shares in FC. I know she screwed him somehow and he didn’t get the shares but I can’t recall how.  I remember a scene when he told Ridge that he was suddenly into Hope and Ridge was like umm.. 

That was the Ken doll can’t act stiff Thomas (AG I think). TBH at the time I thought tptb were trying to recreate Bridge since Thope v1.0 physically resembled Bridge v1.0. However they just didn’t have chemistry like that and that Thomas was STIFF. 

😂  can you imagine THIS Thomas (MA) having a crush on Brooke 🤢 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Side note: I know a minimal amount about Thomas's thing with Brooke back before my time. If I'm correct, they never actually hooked up, right?  But, I wonder if Hope knows about that whole mess where he pursued her mother and led her to believe they'd slept together to try to keep her and his father apart. 

Well, one day Brooke and Thomas became stranded on an island. I don't recall the particulars leading to that. They were there for days. There was no recognizable vegetation. The only thing that looked edible were some boink-berries. Boink-berries look like big juicy blackberries with a dot of white-out on each nodule. Brooke and Thomas put it off as long as they could before they tried the boink-berries. They didn't know if they were poisonous. Well, it turns out that boink-berries are not poisonous but have psychedelic properties. They were trippin'! They got amorous. And it was never really made clear whether they actually boinked or just did a lot of dry humping in the sand.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Today I had two big surprises. For one, I was really surprised at just how much of the truth Thomas told Hope. And the other - I finally heard Eric say he was glad he was brought back. I still wasn't sure.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

No Hope, I didn’t murder Emma but I did chase Emma and made her to drive too fast causing her to drive off the road.  I saw Emma at the bottom of the ravine  but I decided that nobody could survive that crash so I didn’t call for help.   

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Back in the day, Brooke was " mentoring " Young Thomas, took him on a fashion house trip to Rome/Paris ?? On the return trip, the plane crashed on the deserted island.

Cue the boink berries...

About Golden Child's haircut. That's the same one my daughter gave herself at 3 years old. Before he puts away the round tip scissors, could he PLEASE cut those snakes 🐍🐍 off his gal pal's head ??

Z and RJ's tit for tat made them both seem like spoiled brats. Z wins for cuteness, though.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1