Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah is what I heard most of last week. And montages too! Boy howdy, and not even enjoyable montages; nope, just more of those same Liam/Steffy ones we have been looking at for eternity. Hey, did anyone know that Rick doesn’t like Ridge? And that Steffy is the only woman Liam loves and wants? And that FC’s is being run by someone with Marone blood coursing through their veins? Can I say how much I hate this SL with Bill? How is Ridge the bad guy here? He is trying to protect your niece from public ridicule. And putting Katie in the middle was genius because now she can really go off the rails when she learns Bill told Brooke. Rick looks so much better cleaned up, but it just makes him look like a much younger punk ass bitch. He has to move his family away to give Lizzie opportunity? Say the fuck what? Am I to understand the only existing company in LA is FC’s? And that there is not enough room in that huge, vibrant city for Rick to start his own gig? Why did Brooke go to Bill and not Eric? Wouldn’t it have made better since all the way around to talk to the wee wittle one’s father? OH! But that wouldn’t have given Bill and Brooke the opportunity to connect. And it wouldn’t have given Bill the opportunity to betray Katie’s confidence to her most feared rival. Geez, makes me wonder why I feel like I’ve been beat up with a dumb me down stick after watching the show.

Even my beloved Liam/Quinn is faltering. It seems like they are afraid to make a move. For Heaven’s sake do something besides these encounters that just go in circles with the same dialog. And if they think having big, bad Steffy entering the fray with her listen to this and that’s is gonna spice it up? Well, just no. Steffy has proven herself to be a cowering winny. The way she clung to Wyatt, as if the hounds of hell were on her, and then of course the whole Ally thing. And she is about as wishy washy as King Waffle himself. And what is really pissin me off is I know where this is going; Quinn is heading back to Psycho Killer mode.

I have nothing against the Avant’s, they each bring their own personalities to the table, but as a unit, they don’t work for me. It feels forced and very manufactured. To me, they are like chess pieces being moved around the board to whatever position best fits the SL. When I think back to the Forrester’s in the beginning; one of daytimes most dysfunctional families ever, they worked as a unit. The drama was generated from long standing differences and long brewing hostilities. Nothing was shoved down my throat, characters were the same on Friday that they had been on Monday. I didn’t feel like I was being force fed something my brain was unable to process. I am having the hardest time investing in these characters and SLs. I watch them, but I really don’t care all that much. Even Ridge/Caroline/Douglas/Thomas isn’t working for me. Ridge is coming off as a dictatorial jerk, Caroline is acting ditzy, mousey, and often seems to be sending mixed signals to Thomas, Thomas is all over the place; he has no cohesion at all, Douglas is pure cuteness overload, and the best thing about the entire SL.

Which is why I’m glad to see the return of Brooke’s femme fatale. It feels like a return to basics; Brooke’s Golden Couter was at the core of the show for over twenty years. The wonder of it drove Stephanie to distraction, and made her do things she probably would never have done. Brooke was the ultimate sex siren, possessing all the requirements, but having the “Wheely, Wheely, Big Weapon” in her arsenal. Yes, the magical GC has cast powerful spells on the men who have dared tread there; spreading it’s own, very special pixie dust over its victims. As any good Brookenite should know; the femme fatale routine, coupled with the sad, innocent look, one eye crying, and the ever decreasing whisper, is a sure sign Brooke has dusted off the GC, and has set the little beast to preheat. Yeah, it is naughty, and it is inappropriate, but it sure kept this viewer tuning in for nearly thirty years. Love her or hate her, you just can’t look away. KKL has some age on her, but she is still a very sexy, beautiful woman, who still possesses that indefinable thing; Charisma? Magnetism? Charm? Sex appeal? Maybe a combination? Whatever it is, KKL has it, and I for one have missed it. It would sure entertain me more than what we are getting.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

I can't disagree with any of that, RuntheTable.  Well said, especially with the Avants. Mostly, I enjoy the actors in the role, but you're right it doesn't quite mesh with everything else. The dynamics of the Forresters, Logans, Spectras, Caroline I and her father Bill Sr....hell, even the Marones had a natural dynamic. I think most of this is because there's so much focus around Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzende and which sister is deserving of loyalties so flimsy that even Liam would be embarrassed.

As for Rick's perpetual Jan Brady game, this is exactly why we need a rival fashion house on the show....somewhere for whichever Forrester that is pissed off that month to go over to and blow off steam. It pisses me off to no end that no one ever considered having Aly as the new head of Spectra, but then TIIC even teased us with a Wyatt/Ivy team up and wussed out of that, too.

• Love 8
(edited)

It is insane that the incandescent KKL's Brooke has been reduced to talking about ZZZende and Nicole and cooing over baby Douglas (although he is adorable and clearly knows a good thing when he sees it, the way he was smiling at KKL). I agree with PP that Brooke would be a spot-on choice for CEO and has a proven record in this area already. 

Rick and Ridge are all about it being their birthright and their being Daddy's favorite for the moment. The amount of chaos and dissension they create with their now-grown-infantile rivalry is reason enough to demote them both down to the basement with Thorne (or wherever he is these days). 

Rick, you just had a beautiful baby girl - where is your focus? 

Ridge, well, your house of cards is falling faster than it did that time on the Brady bunch, so I can't feel that sorry for you. Is it just me or does it seem that Ridge is not really all that loving of Douglas, but, rather, loving the idea of him completing his perfect little family? He just seems to be a possession to Ridge, not an uncommon experience for those in Ridge's life after all but I don't buy for one second that he feels Douglas is his son. I can't though with the revisionist history about Ridge not being in Thomas/twins' (aka Hook, Line, and Sinker) lives because he most certainly was there, to the detriment of Rick/Bridget and later, Hope/RJ. And Brooke was in their lives, too, especially Steffy/Phoebe, which Steffy conveniently forgets. 

Maya and Nicole need to get off their high horses, stop throwing stones and clean up their very dirty glass houses right about now. 

Poor Sasha - she continues to get blamed for Julius lying, cheating, betraying ways and taken to task for Zende's wandering dick ways. But God forbid these sorry excuses for men actually have to take ownership of their shit. Viv, girl, I love you, but really? You let Julius get away with not only calling a prolonged affair a mistake (I'm guessing it was not a one-night stand situation, which isn't excusable either), but told this loser, in front of your daughters and his recently-unveiled love child that you missed him and he could come home?

Oprah%20shaking%20her%20head.gif

I will despise Thomas forever for Rape Night but since TPTB seem determined to brush that under the mattress and move on, I would be willing to get on board Sasha/Thomas. Let that sour puss Nicole have the soulless Zende. They can both go watch paint dry somewhere off my screen.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 10

No, Liam, you would be married to Steffy if it weren't for STEFFY! If you were the great love of her life she wouldn't have married Wyatt in no time flat. She would have taken time to think and reevaluate her life.

Bill is such a hypocrite calling Ridge a bully and domineering.

• Love 7

While I don't blame Bill for wanting to take down Ridge (although yes, LittleIggy, they are two sides of the same coin), for him to salivate over this and just pfft over the consequences and consider Caroline and Douglas collateral damage is just all kinds of wrong. 

Katie can have him and his stupid haircut. Brooke deserves better, but please, for the love of Baby Douglas, TPTB, don't you dare try and re-pair her with Ridge because the Bridge? Has been burned to ashes and floated on out to the ocean.

• Love 5

So Bill and Quinn are really not going to have any fall out scenes?  I mean really?  Its like while SK is only allowed to act with RS, RS is only allowed in the kiddie pool.  What a waste of the older actors.

And I think this Katie nonsense over Bill is exactly that.  Cut your losses and move on.

• Love 2

I know people are up-in-arms about the Quinn/Liam storyline, rightfully so, but I'm so over this whole Ridge/Caroline/Thomas/Douglas/Katie/BIll/Brooke/Rick storyline that it is just about to push me over the stop-watching-the-show-altogether edge.

1. Thomas raped that girl. Caroline was incapacitated and couldn't give consent. If he'd slipped her a roofie and she'd been in the same mental condition & he'd had sex with her, he'd be doing some jail time. Backtracking now and saying that Caroline is remembering her role & actions in it doesn't make it not rape. For the show to make it seem like Caroline and Thomas had a one-night stand and Thomas has rights to Douglas just disgusts me. I know that for right now, he is the biological father (until it's retconned that Ridge's super-swimmers made Douglas, because we all know that's what's going to happen eventually), but he has no remorse at all for his actions, and actually has the audacity to want to be around his victim (Caroline) & the baby. Ugh, it's gross to me.

2. There were so many more organic ways for this to come out than the way it actually did - Katie overhearing an argument between Ridge and his vasectomy-doctor, Jesse Vasquez, then Jesse dying innocently yet mysteriously and Ridge inexplicably caving and telling Katie the truth, then Caroline not only confirming, but giving up Thomas' name. There could've been a situation where Douglas needed some type of transfusion and neither Ridge or Caroline were matches, which I know is an ions-old soap-staple, but it would've been better than what we got. Just the entire outing of the story reeks to me.

3. $Bill is one of my favorite characters on tv, but I'm over him in this situation. For his many, many, many faults, he adores his niece, and I really don't think he'd do anything to intentionally hurt her or her child, who is also $Bill's own flesh & blood. I'm not saying he wouldn't try to blackmail Ridge, but I can't imagine that he'd be cool with hurting Caroline or Douglas (who is THE cutest baby actor, fyi!).

4. The biggest WTF to me in this whole storyline is that $Bill is trying to help Rick! Rick, who cheated on his niece and treated her like crap at the tail-end of their marriage. Rick, who literally tried to kill Caroline shortly after their breakup. Rick, who is married to Maya, whom $Bill outed as transgender for the entire world less than a year ago. Rick, who ran Forrester down (if I remember correctly) financially is who $Bill now wants back in charge? I thought one of the reasons he wanted Ridge gone was so he could get a return on his 12%. I also remember a $Bill/Ridge team-up over beer at Ridge's apartment, in an effort to take down CEO Rick. $Bill is so worried about keeping Rick around that he's willing to risk hurting Caroline to keep Rick in BellLA and in power? I'm way-pissed at Katie right now, but she hit the nail on the head today, this has nothing to do with anything except $Bill being Brooke's knight in shining armor.

That felt good to vent!

• Love 18

So NOW this is Ridge's business and no one else's?  Katie is full of shit.  Why wasn't it "Ridge's business" when she walked up to a complete stranger and tried to find out why he and Ridge were arguing?  Why wasn't it "Ridge's business" when she confronted Caroline?  While I understand her issues with Brooke, I've never understood why they've made her character act like she's not related to the rest of the Logans.  For example, I never understood her reaction to the Caroline-Rick blow-up.  She showed absolutely zero sympathy for her nephew then.

Maya and Nicole need to get off their high horses, stop throwing stones and clean up their very dirty glass houses right about now. 

Poor Sasha - she continues to get blamed for Julius lying, cheating, betraying ways and taken to task for Zende's wandering dick ways.

Who's blaming Sasha for what Julius did?  Nicole did the exact opposite and look how Sasha repaid her.  I also don't think she's being taken to task for what Zende did... she's being blamed for not giving a shit about hurting someone she called her best friend (plus, knew was her sister) and for dating a guy she knew Nicole loved.  That's not friendly or sibling-type behavior.  I'm having a very difficult time seeing Sasha as a victim regardless of how much crap Maya and Nicole pile on her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

While I don't blame Bill for wanting to take down Ridge (although yes, LittleIggy, they are two sides of the same coin), for him to salivate over this and just pfft over the consequences and consider Caroline and Douglas collateral damage is just all kinds of wrong. 

Katie can have him and his stupid haircut. Brooke deserves better, but please, for the love of Baby Douglas, TPTB, don't you dare try and re-pair her with Ridge because the Bridge? Has been burned to ashes and floated on out to the ocean.Th

This, and this.

In a weird way, Bill's behavior is actually pretty consistent for him....one of the very few left on the show that has any consistency at all. While his vendetta against Ridge comes out of nowhere, his whole dismissing his loved ones around him as collateral damage is very much in character. He was willing to lock Katie in a closest to make sure she didn't interfere with Liam and Steffy, his opinion and behavior towards Hope never changed even as he fell in lust over Brooke and he accidentally knocked Caroline off the Balcony of Doom when she confronted him about whatever scheme he'd hatched to keep Waffles and Golden Cooter Jr apart that week.

And I say a very hearty NO to Bridge reuniting. KKL and TK have chem onscreen but that well was tapped out by the time Ridge left her to raise Thomas. It began as a fantasy that young 21 year old Brooke got obsessed over and it should've ended well before circumstances forced Brat Bell's hand to do so.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I know people are up-in-arms about the Quinn/Liam storyline, rightfully so, but I'm so over this whole Ridge/Caroline/Thomas/Douglas/Katie/BIll/Brooke/Rick storyline that it is just about to push me over the stop-watching-the-show-altogether edge.

1. Thomas raped that girl. Caroline was incapacitated and couldn't give consent. If he'd slipped her a roofie and she'd been in the same mental condition & he'd had sex with her, he'd be doing some jail time. Backtracking now and saying that Caroline is remembering her role & actions in it doesn't make it not rape. For the show to make it seem like Caroline and Thomas had a one-night stand and Thomas has rights to Douglas just disgusts me. I know that for right now, he is the biological father (until it's retconned that Ridge's super-swimmers made Douglas, because we all know that's what's going to happen eventually), but he has no remorse at all for his actions, and actually has the audacity to want to be around his victim (Caroline) & the baby. Ugh, it's gross to me.

2. There were so many more organic ways for this to come out than the way it actually did - Katie overhearing an argument between Ridge and his vasectomy-doctor, Jesse Vasquez, then Jesse dying innocently yet mysteriously and Ridge inexplicably caving and telling Katie the truth, then Caroline not only confirming, but giving up Thomas' name. There could've been a situation where Douglas needed some type of transfusion and neither Ridge or Caroline were matches, which I know is an ions-old soap-staple, but it would've been better than what we got. Just the entire outing of the story reeks to me.

3. $Bill is one of my favorite characters on tv, but I'm over him in this situation. For his many, many, many faults, he adores his niece, and I really don't think he'd do anything to intentionally hurt her or her child, who is also $Bill's own flesh & blood. I'm not saying he wouldn't try to blackmail Ridge, but I can't imagine that he'd be cool with hurting Caroline or Douglas (who is THE cutest baby actor, fyi!).

4. The biggest WTF to me in this whole storyline is that $Bill is trying to help Rick! Rick, who cheated on his niece and treated her like crap at the tail-end of their marriage. Rick, who literally tried to kill Caroline shortly after their breakup. Rick, who is married to Maya, whom $Bill outed as transgender for the entire world less than a year ago. Rick, who ran Forrester down (if I remember correctly) financially is who $Bill now wants back in charge? I thought one of the reasons he wanted Ridge gone was so he could get a return on his 12%. I also remember a $Bill/Ridge team-up over beer at Ridge's apartment, in an effort to take down CEO Rick. $Bill is so worried about keeping Rick around that he's willing to risk hurting Caroline to keep Rick in BellLA and in power? I'm way-pissed at Katie right now, but she hit the nail on the head today, this has nothing to do with anything except $Bill being Brooke's knight in shining armor.

That felt good to vent!

Two thumbs up!!

Katie doth speak the truth and is the only one, with her drinking and depression, who is not a proponent of revisionist history. Yes Bill you have looked into Brooke's squinty eyes and sniffed her sent to now deem that Rick, the man-child dictator, should be CEO of FC.  Not only will you betray Caroline and Douglas, but probably Steffy, your son's wife also.  This won't happen but Bill should be filled in on rape night and find that Ridge was just protecting Caroline and Douglas.  But, even if he did, he wouldn't give a shit because of the golden cooter.

Steffy has always been a hypocrite but now she is once again drinking the Liam Kool-Aid and just had to be Liam's pit bull. Going to see Liam, knowing that he still has the hots for you, is like Brooke hovering around Bill. It's only serves the purpose of an ego boost. How can Steffy keep a straight face knowing that Hope is the love of his life and his soul mate not her.  Yes, Kool-Aid, especially Orange, is the drink to wash down the bull shit. 

• Love 12

waldo, that last paragraph was epic win!

Honestly, Liam just chooses the path of least resistance. When Hope was making their sex life a marketing tool, Steffy was the easy option, ready to bang him when Hope wouldn't . When Hope was married to Wyatt in no small part due to knowing what a flake he is, he slowly started gravitating towards Ivy. When things were good with Ivy, he inexplicably decided to take up with Steffy again. And now the boink on his head is a neat little way to work the writers out of the corner they wrote with him reading Steffy for the filth she is. Even for all this "love of my life" bullshit he's spewing, if someone like any of the Avants daughters came onto him, he'd forget she ever existed...until she became single or Hope moved back to LA, whichever came first.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

As any good Brookenite should know; the femme fatale routine, coupled with the sad, innocent look, one eye crying, and the ever decreasing whisper, is a sure sign Brooke has dusted off the GC, and has set the little beast to preheat.

LOL, I'm weak. *dies*

• Love 5
4 hours ago, nasir jones said:

So NOW this is Ridge's business and no one else's?  Katie is full of shit.  Why wasn't it "Ridge's business" when she walked up to a complete stranger and tried to find out why he and Ridge were arguing?  Why wasn't it "Ridge's business" when she confronted Caroline?  While I understand her issues with Brooke, I've never understood why they've made her character act like she's not related to the rest of the Logans.  For example, I never understood her reaction to the Caroline-Rick blow-up.  She showed absolutely zero sympathy for her nephew then.

I skipped parts of that, but are we talking before or after he started going after Maya and shooting inside of his workplace? Because I sure wish someone had put a foot in his ass by then.

Who's blaming Sasha for what Julius did?  Nicole did the exact opposite and look how Sasha repaid her.  I also don't think she's being taken to task for what Zende did... she's being blamed for not giving a shit about hurting someone she called her best friend (plus, knew was her sister) and for dating a guy she knew Nicole loved.  That's not friendly or sibling-type behavior.  I'm having a very difficult time seeing Sasha as a victim regardless of how much crap Maya and Nicole pile on her.

i find it harder to sit through the Avants' holier than thou bullshit, when I've had to sit through all the events of last year. Sasha isn't innocent, no....but Maya didn't have to ask her young, barely legal sister to carry a baby and put her life on hold, knowing full well that not many boys at Zende's age would stick around. They could've had her donate an egg or two and ask someone else to carry the baby. Nicole wants to bash on Sasha social climbing when she came here to put the screws on Myron and blabbed to Wyatt about the secret.

Maybe after another year, I'll be as tired of Sasha as I am with her evil half sisters, but right now, these two come off as more Saint Taylor 2.0.

• Love 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brooke actually go to Katie and Bill's house to tell Katie that Rick was planning to bolt from L.A?  I swear that when Bill walked into the living room and found distraught Brooke, that she was staring at her phone and mumbled something about "Katie didn't answer my text."  If that's the case, when why didn't either she or Bill tell that to Katie? Not that it would make any difference. Bill betrayed Katie's trust and absolutely, did so because he thought it would help ease Brooke's pain. What a stupid, stupid way to mash-up a Brill reunion and ruin Ridge, Caridge and Thomas in the process. It makes no sense and there were so many other more palatable ways to achieve all of the above.

I suspect now that we're going to see Quinn go full-blown evil stalker on Steffy now that she finally understands that there is no possibility of Adam and Eve redux. She got that "look" in her eye as she watched Liam and Steffy hugging. While she's at it, rip that latest "hair-don't" off JMW's head. WTH is that anyway? CBS must have had turnover in the hairstyling department again, given this latest crop of disastrous new looks (Steffy, Quinn, Rick, Bill, Nicole ...)

• Love 6

A cover story that may have worked for Doug's paternity would've been the donor sperm angle (variation of the Nicole surrogate) that was a half truth- Thomas is the father because he donated a sperm sample for the couple because- gasp- Ridge can no longer father children. But because he and Caroline wanted a child, Ridge agreed to it and Thomas gave them this 'gift'. Instead of a 'scandal' they'd embrace the eclectic choice they made and safe anyone to say boo. Thomas would get acknowledgement of being daddy but couldn't out the true nature of Doug's conception unless he wanted his rep ruined. Ridge would have to take the public hit of no longer being the virile banana thong himbo but he could also embrace the 'strength it takes to be less about his image and more about what his lady wants'.

Of course Rick would've then been all ornery from Ridge 'copying him' with the surrogate angle. And when Rick would needle Ridge about shooting blanks or Thomas about giving up his son they could easily counter with 'Worry about Nicole wanting her biological child instead of giving it up' or ' Would you think it funny if we needed Maya about not being able to physically give you a child?'

• Love 7
(edited)

So, if I have this right, B&B's indeed been manipulative as fuck about all this:

• Katie bulldozes her way into finding out that Douglas is Thomas's child.
  • Katie then, indirectly, forces Ridge and Caroline to come clean to Thomas about the whole thing--stating on at least one occasion that "it's for the best."
  • Katie semi-inadvertently reveals Douglas's paternity to Bill and makes him promise to keep it a secret.
  • Bill reveals Douglas's paternity to Brooke, in the name of keeping Rick, Maya, and Lizzie in Bell-A (and indirectly screwing over Ridge).
  • Katie finds out about this and promptly flips out on Bill for spilling "Ridge's business."

The thing that pissed me off is that the scene where Katie found out that Bill had, again, confided in/gone to her sister was a genuinely good scene--HT and DD were both just fine, and Katie's point that Bill broke her trust for her sister has basically never stopped being valid.  The catch is that Katie was so obviously positioned as the heavy in this story (up to this point) that the show blatantly going "...and this is what Katie gets"...well, it kind of sucks.  It wasn't graceful at all, but simply...obvious.

OTOH, we also got Steffy coming to Liam's verbal defense against Quinn.  I could have let that go, TBH, since it simply fit that story's ongoing narrative--if not for Liam's borderline R. Kelly (or, depending on your point of view, classic Ridge) creeper thing at the end of the episode.  At least he's not stalking her or anything, but damn.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 6

The cover story that would have worked is that Ridge banked sperm before his vasectomy in Paris just in case. That's all he would have had to tell that creepy doctor.

I still don't see how Ridge's personal life has any effect on his competency as a CEO. Guess I'm just too logical to be a soap writer!

• Love 11

As was mentioned earlier, Katie needs to shit or get off the pot. I've never been a Brooke fan and I hate her manipulation in all of this, but If you have to look over your man's shoulder all the time, it's time to wrap it up.

• Love 4

Ranting continued:

Shut up Bill! Shut up, shut up and just shut up! I am so passed listening to you wax on about everyone else’s crimes and misadventures that all I hear coming out of your mouth is Charlie Brown Speak. Have you forgotten that you are the reason Ridge is in the CEO spot? That you went after Rick like a heat seeking missile, and used the one weapon you knew would be Rick’s undoing? And how is Ridge ruining FC’s? Seriously, I need someone, anyone, to explain to me how Ridge saying Douglas is his son, which he entirely might be, has caused Ridge’s CEO performance to falter? And whose standards of measurement are we using here? Bill’s? HA! As the fuck if! Bill, you are a liar and a hypocrite. You don’t give a flying fig about the snot nosed brat. And, apparently, you don’t give one about your wife or your niece either, cause you just sold Katie out and you are fixing to do the same thing to Caroline. Bill changes his allegiances with the wind, and has me so confused my head is spinning:

https://media.giphy.com/media/bhT1EhcFLqLrW/giphy.gif

Brooke, stop acting like a ninny! We all know you love your son to pieces. You are a hypocrite for lambasting Stephanie for her unnatural love for Ridge, when you are the same way with Rick. The only difference is Stephanie’s love for Ridge was romantic, while yours is enabling. And by all that is holy, please don’t act like this stuff with Ridge/Douglas/Caroline/Thomas is the be all, end all, of scandals for the Forrester/Spencer/Logan families. Cause sweetie pie, as much as I love you, I think we all know you laid that egg years ago by bedding your son-in-law; the one thing I will never forgive you for. Instead of crying about your little bundle of joy wanting to step out on his own, why don’t you encourage him to do so? Yes Brooke, I want you to open up your diapie bag, and very carefully pull out that zipped up pouch that contains your son’s little gonads, and hand them back to him. He can then toddle over to Maya and let her manhandle them going forward.

If all we are going to get out of Adam and Eve is a return to Liam/Steffy/Wyatt…..well, I have no idea what I might do. Can someone just reach through their tv screen and slap Liam. And while you are at it, just give Steffy a good one too. If I do it, I am afraid it might get out of hand. These two dolts are simply lost in translation. I am so sick of listening to how they have been manipwulated and wobbed by big bad Quinn! Yeah, Quinn may have checked everyone else on the Chessboard, but there were still plenty of individual decisions being made. I don’t think Wyatt would have appreciated what Steffy was saying very much. You know, it kinda goes against a husband’s grain to hear that you only married him because his momma interfered. And then your soulful plea to the Waffle, about how you are so sorry, but you have made a commitment to Wyatt. Oh yes, with nary a word about love and devotion. I am so annoyed that they are missing this opportunity to really open this show up. They lay the ground work for something new and different and exciting, and all to go back to the same friggin worn out triangle.

• Love 7

Oh Boo Hoo, Katie. She stuck her nose in this from jump and was like a dog with a bone. Relentless. So, I have no sympathies for her. Now that the truth is finally out and threatens to crack both Ridge and Caroline's faces, she can slink her ass off to Paris or something with that other drab brunette, Taylor. She's been tiresome for some time.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, LittleIggy said:

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal would be about "the secret." It certainly doesn't make Ridge unqualified to run Forrester. The only person it makes look bad is Thomas. This is the fashion industry not a Bible publishing company. Little Ricky is married to a post-op transgendered woman (who kept that big secret for a long time). He and his wife guilted her virgin sister to be their surrogate. Nobody in the Forrester-Logan-Spencer coven should be throwing stones. Their glass mansions would shatter.

I would agree if Ridge and Caroline hadn't been the subject of and interviewed about the birth of Doug, referencing the new member of the Forrester family and FC; the interview was with business publication Eye on Fashion. They spoke directly about Doug being their son, and a new legacy member Forrester Creations creative team. Publicly misrepresenting Doug as Ridge and Caroline's biological child, repeating the lie day after day, doesn't mean much if you're a drone in a corporate cubical farm, but a CEO/designer (and his wife) of an international corporation lying about the parentage of their child puts in question his business practices and ethics with everyone doing business and associated with Forrester Creations. Ridge, Caroline, and Thomas' employment contracts with Forrester Creations certainly has a morals clause that would disqualify them from employment were the circumstances of Rape Night and the conspiracy to commit fraud (actively keeping Doug's presumed parentage secret and Thomas' continued employment at FC) were made public.

As it's been pointed out -- It's not the lie, it's the cover up -- And exposure of both benefits lots of folks.

Thomas can openly pursue Doug and Caroline, because the secret is no longer an impediment to what he's been after all along. All the threats Ridge held over his head no longer have any power or impact.

$Bill can license the story, selling millions of magazines and make barrels of money, and it hits his sexual competition and mortal enemy where is hurts him the most -- in Ridge Forrester's sterile gonads and over-inflated ego. $Bill wins the bonus round by reinserting himself in the battle for leadership of FC by toppling Ridge and gracing Rick as CEO. It doesn't matter that $Bill betrays Katie (or Caroline) again by breaking his promise to keep Doug's parentage secret. $Bill get's to pad his pockets, and make Brooke more emotionally obligated to him.

Katie is the oddity. She was a drunken mess, knew Brooke and $Bill were still burning for each other, distrusted them and their motives, and she's trailing trouble in Ridge's castle and reinserts herself in his private life -- Then suddenly all is sober and forgiven, and Katie has found out the presumed truth about Doug's parentage. Why was she so determined to ferret out what Ridge and Caroline were hiding? Why would anything about Thomas be interesting to her? The moral or ethical implications of who is known as Doug's father had already been settled between Ridge and Caroline, and they (as have many) found Thomas wanting, so how is making Caroline's rapist the acknowledged father a principled goal for Katie? Perhaps to shatter their marriage and put Ridge back into play, by distracting Brooke out of interfering in Katie's marriage? Maybe ... It's unsettling to watch TK and KKL work together. She's toiling on the dialog and emoting all over the place, and TK gives her nothing in scenes.

As much chaos as public exposure will bring, Caroline actually will be able to take a breath without worrying whether she will accidentally exhale the secret to the wrong listener. Having Ridge's dictatorial reign broken (My castle, my rules.) will definitely take the pressure off and moves it to a new player; Caroline is more agreeable with Thomas because he'll do or say anything to be with her. Maybe Caroline will take the opportunity and make a decision on her own without Ridge's ordination.

Being everything is about Brooke, she'll be making a waxing appointment. It's wish fulfilment for her and Rick; he regains his coveted CEO position, and doesn't take her new grandchild away from L.A. ...

19 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

As any good Brookenite should know; the femme fatale routine, coupled with the sad, innocent look, one eye crying, and the ever decreasing whisper, is a sure sign Brooke has dusted off the GC, and has set the little beast to preheat.

Brooke "... set the little beast on preheat" months ago. Other than Katie's tears, histrionics and shouting, $Bill is Brooke's for a tilt of the chin.

Not a good position for Eric. Forced to make a managerial decision between the son willing to sacrifice a grandson to commit fraud, while adhering closely to Eric's own life choices, or the son with business acumen and of his body.   

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

I dunno what to feel about the triangle of doom. on one hand, one rapemance in Caroline/Thomas is one too many. On the other hand, nothing's changed. There's no acknowledgement of the fact that he was rightfully pissed about what happened to Ivy or the fact that he saw them in bed together when he came back from Sydney and now it's being written as though she was some mastermind in all of this. Quinnsane had a far bigger hand in the Wyatt/Hope wedding debacle, which isn't saying much.

Has ANY woman told Wyatt they loved him? I don't think Hope ever did and he wasn't with Nicole all that long.

36 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

There's no acknowledgement of the fact that he was rightfully pissed about what happened to Ivy or the fact that he saw them in bed together when he came back from Sydney

They're either waiting for Liam and Steffy to reunite for him to remember this nugget and go off on her again and it be 'proof' that Liam isn't the man for her if he can't forgive her or 'allowed' a misunderstanding to break them up, or it was just a way for Steffy to legitimately move  on when Liam 'inexplicably' broke up with Steffy and then disappeared and will never be talked about again.

The problem with Caroline/Thomas and Liam/Quinn is that the show doesn't want to move in either direction with them - Caroline and Liam have issues with their perpetrators but also sympathize with them and are 'drawn' to them and yet they both love their partners (estranged partner in Liam's case). While I'd be pissed as all get out if Caroline started making googly eyes at Thomas or Liam just said screw it and bedded Quinn again, at least it would be movement in the story and would have storyline repercussions that would move things along. Katie isn't the only one who needs to poop or get off the pot - so does the writing team.

Liam should be mad at Quinn and Steffy and miffed at Wyatt, cut them all out of his life at the moment and throw himself into work and getting his head on straight with a therapist. Join group therapy for PTSD sufferers and fall in friendship with a new chick or Allison or Sasha - somebody other than Quinn or Steffy. Liam could actually relate to Sasha with the whole daddy issues and she's right up his alley as a damsel in need of love and support. And honestly, I'd like to see Sasha not give a flip about Steffy- although I can see Quinn scaring the crap out of her, LOL.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

A cover story that may have worked for Doug's paternity would've been the donor sperm angle (variation of the Nicole surrogate) that was a half truth- Thomas is the father because he donated a sperm sample for the couple because- gasp- Ridge can no longer father children. But because he and Caroline wanted a child, Ridge agreed to it and Thomas gave them this 'gift'. Instead of a 'scandal' they'd embrace the eclectic choice they made and safe anyone to say boo. Thomas would get acknowledgement of being daddy but couldn't out the true nature of Doug's conception unless he wanted his rep ruined. Ridge would have to take the public hit of no longer being the virile banana thong himbo but he could also embrace the 'strength it takes to be less about his image and more about what his lady wants'.

Of course Rick would've then been all ornery from Ridge 'copying him' with the surrogate angle. And when Rick would needle Ridge about shooting blanks or Thomas about giving up his son they could easily counter with 'Worry about Nicole wanting her biological child instead of giving it up' or ' Would you think it funny if we needed Maya about not being able to physically give you a child?'

9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The cover story that would have worked is that Ridge banked sperm before his vasectomy in Paris just in case. That's all he would have had to tell that creepy doctor.

I still don't see how Ridge's personal life has any effect on his competency as a CEO. Guess I'm just too logical to be a soap writer!

Ridge admitting he had to use artificial means to get Caroline pregnant was something he would not concede. Ridge considers himself the epitome of virility and power. Sexual weakness involves sperm counts, speculums and syringes, and that is not the way of the almighty Ridge Forrester ejaculate.

Ridge painted himself in a corner when he told Brooke he had a vasectomy instead of telling Caroline. His ego has lead him to consistently lie about his fertility to the one person that it most mattered -- his pathetic excuse in not telling Caroline was to avoid disappointing her because she had baby rabies and she would have married him even if she would never have children and the marriage would have ended in Caroline's itch for a child -- and take into his confidence with the one person, a former lover and naysayer of his relationship with Caroline, who had no business being involved. Brooke always had questions about Caroline getting pregnant and Ridge finessed his first lies by trying them out on Brooke. Ridge snowed her and that gave him courage to keep on lying. 

Everything Ridge has done was to avoid having his fertility made public and becoming a laughing stock. Too late. The outcome of his choice to lie was his inability to protect Caroline from Thomas' predatory behavior, resulting in Caroline's presumed pregnancy. Ridge's biggest fear is to be publically exposed for being weak and ineffective, sterile, cuckolded by Thomas, and a Class A liar raising his grandson as his own.

• Love 3

Ridge Forrester ejaculate

now there's an image I needed before breakfast! Still less gross than Victor Newman the Undead stIll being able to get it up at 800 years old.

This in no way excuses or lessens what Thomas did, but all of this could have been avoided if he'd just been HONEST. He didn't need to lie for her protection or whatever bullshit he came up with. She'd already left her husband, so I doubt the fertility thing would've driven her away. Plus, the idiot writers missed a prime opportunity for a sperm mix-up with Rick and Ridge and Caroline carried Rick's baby while the one carried by Nicole could've been a tock....the mix up only being discovered when Baby Douglas needed a blood transfusion and Ridge wasn't a match. You know, like what they did with Massimo and baby Jack Marone. It'd have the benefit of giving some legitimacy of Rick's fight against Ridge and not coming off like cheap knockoff Jan Brady.

• Love 4

And what is really pissin me off is I know where this is going; Quinn is heading back to Psycho Killer mode.

I'll love her forever if she the person she kills is Steffy.  

• Love 10

Ridge Forrester ejaculate

58 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

now there's an image I needed before breakfast! Still less gross than Victor Newman the Undead stIll being able to get it up at 800 years old.

Vivid image, isn't it?

<shudder>

59 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

This in no way excuses or lessens what Thomas did, but all of this could have been avoided if he'd just been HONEST. He didn't need to lie for her protection or whatever bullshit he came up with. She'd already left her husband, so I doubt the fertility thing would've driven her away. Plus, the idiot writers missed a prime opportunity for a sperm mix-up with Rick and Ridge and Caroline carried Rick's baby while the one carried by Nicole could've been a tock....the mix up only being discovered when Baby Douglas needed a blood transfusion and Ridge wasn't a match. You know, like what they did with Massimo and baby Jack Marone. It'd have the benefit of giving some legitimacy of Rick's fight against Ridge and not coming off like cheap knockoff Jan Brady.

Thomas is revolting and Ridge is an equally disgusting idiot allowing him to return to the L.A. offices, forcing Caroline to work and make Happy Family noises with her rapist.

Caroline was no innocent when she came to Forrester Creations. She had plenty of snarky East Coast friends helping her go to extreme lengths against Maya, with the everyday lying and conniving in order to marry Rick. Then she plotted against the best interests of FC with Ridge, lied to Rick and fangirl had an affair with Ridge, ending up living with Ridge in his artist loft, waiting for her divorce papers to come through -- No lectures about Rick and Maya playing TubbyTime in Jackie Marone's former apartment or Rick shooting at Ridge and Caroline grappling in one of the office davenports -- No one's hands were clean.

This WTD? SL has found a new level of insulting the viewer now that Katie, $Bill and Brooke are in the mix, and the morons can't be bothered to get a DNA test to find out who is Doug's father.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'll love her forever if she the person she kills is Steffy.  

We can't keep killing Forrester girls! Ridge and Taylor have already lost one daughter and with Aly dead, Steffy is the only Forrester female aside from Lil' Lizzie who can't be SORASED just yet.

• Love 1

I loved Katie telling off Bill for his choosing and siding with Brooke over the trust Katie gave him. So glad she kicked him out. Bill didn't care about Katie or anyone else, just Brooke and her not losing her stupid Rick who just cares about Maya's portrait hanging in Stephanie's house.

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Sasha has been blamed for keeping Julius' secret by Maya, Viv (who, in her understandable anger, lashed out) and yes, Nicole has done a complete 180 on her initial support of Sasha when the faux pregnancy and the oh-no, possibly losing out on her second chance with Zende came into play. She turned on her so fast for this man-child she barely knows for the girl she's known as her sister from another mister for her entire life, only it was the same mister after all. Nicole got to grow up as the cossetted, loved, cherished daughter whom he could adore publicly, with the lights on, while Sasha was Daddy's dirty little secret and she had to stay in their home, eat at their dinner table and swallow her hurt day after day, month after month,  year after year. Nicole even acknowledged this but again, how quickly the tides turned when wonderful miracle man Zende was up for grabs again.  Remember Nicole's nasty comment (after Sasha claimed she was pregnant), saying, "This better not be another one of your LIES?" If that doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what does. Their focus should have not been on Sasha, who was made to lie as a child and emotionally manipulated to keep up the charade as an adult by Julius, who is the liar and the cheater - their vitriol should be directed to him, not her, who was a victim of her parents' HORRIBLE decision-making but oh, they can just forgive and forget his years of lies upon lies, but Sasha tells one lie and she's the devil incarnate? I don't think so. And neither Maya or Nicole have ANY room to talk. Nicole came to town hell-bent on blackmailing Maya with the Myron secret and only when she got what she wanted, a job at FC, a place to stay, did she suddenly remember how much she missed her sister and THAT was her whole purpose in coming to LA. Puh-lease...

I don't like that Sasha took up with Zende but I do understand it. All her life, she got nothing but the stale crumbs from Julius' table (in some cases, literally). Nicole even commented something to the effect of him tossing her aside for his perfect princess (Nicole) and that she had everything Sasha should have had. Plus, it takes two to tango and she gets all the blame for taking up with Zende. Where is the outrage for Zende taking up with Nicole, the supposed love of his life's best friend? I mean, I guess he fell and slipped right into Sasha's version of the golden couter? All is insta-forgiven because now that Nicole gave birth and, how convenient for him, her body is magically back to where it once was, he wants Nicole back and isn't it so romantic???

Nevermind the fact that Nicole and Zzende went on all of two dates (he relationship with Wyatt lasted longer) and from the moment Zende met Sasha, he was flirting and he sure as hell didn't say no when Sasha came onto him. He didn't even bat the eyelashes that would rival those on Bambi Doe Eyes herself when she stripped before hopping right on in to bed with her. Because love of his life or not, Zende couldn't possibly be expected to wait out the 9+ months ahead. I mean, he's a man. He has needs. But just as Brooke is called the siren (by her sister, among others onscreen and off), so too, is Sasha solely to blame that the men in their life just.can't.help.themselves from helping themselves to said cooter. Please excuse me for a moment while I vomit. 

I take issue with Sasha taking up with Zende (AFTER he had broken it off with Nicole, not during) because sisterhood is a stronger bond even if the relationship itself was barely even a relationship, but I have a bigger issue with Maya/Nicole pointing fingers at Sasha without holding a mirror up to themselves or Zende. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

We can't keep killing Forrester girls! Ridge and Taylor have already lost one daughter and with Aly dead, Steffy is the only Forrester female aside from Lil' Lizzie who can't be SORASED just yet.

Fine by me :)

• Love 5

Just a few things from the show today...

Now, even Ridge is calling Thomas' raping of Caroline a "misunderstanding"?? I like Ridge & I really like Ridge & Caroline together (& I really, really like that Ridge always kept it in perspective that he loves Douglas, but is disgusted at what happened to get him here), but when Ridge said "misunderstanding", I about lost my lunch. There was no misunderstanding, your son raped your wife. I understand that he may not have known the extent to which she was incapacitated, but he damn-well knew she wasn't 100% in control of herself, & he took advantage of her, & slept with her like he'd wanted to for months.

For a brief moment, I think $Bill made sense about Douglas not knowing that Thomas was his father, when he related it to Liam & Wyatt. From that perspective, it makes sense that he understands where both Thomas & Douglas need to know about each other. The difference is that $Bill didn't even know about either of his sons until they were adults, while Thomas was there when Douglas was born, he knew that he was the biological father way early in Douglas' life, and he will disgustingly continue to have contact with him throughout his life. I know that the reasoning was not genuine, because $Bill doesn't care about the paternity, he only wants to bring Ridge down, but that was actually logical.

Finally, for the very first time ever, I actually thought I saw a little remorse/embarrassment/acknowledgement from Thomas about how his actions from that fateful night were not upstanding, and that Douglas was not conceived in love or anything close to that. I don't know if it was the part of the actor, or if the writing actually acknowledged the grossness of the conception, but for the first time, it felt like he got it, even if it was momentarily.

Poor Brooke, did she even say a word the entire show? How awkward to literally stand around when her sister's marriage is crumbling right in front of her, partially due to her, then follow "the love of her life" out the door, then follow him into the home of the actual "love of her life" for a confrontation that has nothing to do with either her or him ($Bill). She probably said something, but it seemed like she just stood there, ran out the door when $Bill beckoned, then stood behind him while he verbally-assaulted everyone in the room.

• Love 6

Because of the PC theme, of B&B, Bell is shifting the power back to Rick and granting him absolution for his past transgressions and moral turpitude. Bill, the virtuous, is Bell's personal bus driver to waffle the balance of power as Bell sees fit.  I would imagine that Bill is the man for the job because waffling must be in the Spencer DNA.  

Hey Bill, you are upset that you didn't know about your sons until they were adults?  What difference does it make?  You would have ignored them just like you do with Will. Thomas knows that Duglass is his son, so why did Katie withhold that info from Bill?  

Liam to Hope:  We were robbed!  Liam to Steffy:  We were robbed!  That's Liam's favorite line.  If Liam wasn't a candy ass waffler, no one could have robbed him.  Steffy forgets that Bill was on her side when he wanted to keep Hope from marring Liam, so why is Quinn so different.  Quinn has done nothing to you but you are mad because of Liam.  It was just like giving Wyatt a slap in the face.  Do us a favor Bell, just have Bill go back to Brooke and Steffy go back to Liam and save us weeks and weeks of verbal diarrhea.

Best line of the day delivered by Katie. "Keep your mouth shut, Brooke". 

• Love 4

I'm still not really enjoying Katie's self-induced schadenfreude here.  Girl, you literally started all of this and the show's been so damn unsubtle about everything you've done that the only thing saving it is Heather Tom herself.

That said, of course Bill (and Brooke--really, show?--tagging along with him) made a beeline for House Forrester to blab that they knew The Secret in the name of protecting Caroline and Douglas.  And then we got this:

Ridge: "A night filled with booze and pills..misunderstandings and betrayal."

Oh, how that rated an Eyeroll of WTF.  On the one hand, it was about the sort of thing Ridge would say--and it was, for lack of a better phrase, the most tasteful description of Rape Night we've probably had in several months.  However, in light of the interview Brad Bell did a few days ago, it immediately went into the running for the most unsubtle thing the show has done so far this year.  (Its only real competition, I suppose, is--surprise, surprise--Douglas's paternity coming out.)

Meanwhile, albeit several fucking hours after Steffy should have said "I'm glad I was here to stick up for you to Quinn, Liam, and I do care for you...but I need to get back to the man I married, the man I love" we got a rare moment of actual fucking sanity from Liam about Steffy's marriage.  It lasted perhaps two minutes, but it was there.  And as for Quinn...if all this was just to let her revert mostly to pre-WTHQuil type, albeit perhaps in a misguided defense of Liam versus defending Wyatt, I'm going to be rather annoyed.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Their focus should have not been on Sasha, who was made to lie as a child and emotionally manipulated to keep up the charade as an adult by Julius, who is the liar and the cheater - their vitriol should be directed to him, not her, who was a victim of her parents' HORRIBLE decision-making but oh, they can just forgive and forget his years of lies upon lies, but Sasha tells one lie and she's the devil incarnate? I don't think so. And neither Maya or Nicole have ANY room to talk. Nicole came to town hell-bent on blackmailing Maya with the Myron secret and only when she got what she wanted, a job at FC, a place to stay, did she suddenly remember how much she missed her sister and THAT was her whole purpose in coming to LA. Puh-lease...

Julius AND Sasha have fucked up plenty enough to have vitriol directed at both of them.  I would hardly say that everyone "forgave and forgot" when it came to Julius' lies.  The only family member who was even talking to Julius after the reveal (prior to the stupid Avant family meeting at the motel) was Sasha.   I know he showed up, but did anyone actually invite Julius to the hospital when Nicole gave birth?  I also strongly disagree that Sasha's poor behavior consisted of "one lie".

Maya and Nicole have definitely pulled schemes, but that doesn't mean they can't be pissed at Sasha.  I agree that, in general, people should've been more critical of Zende.  However, once he made the decision to go back to Nicole, lying about a pregnancy was a real low move.  Regardless of her sisters' past fuck-ups, it would be asking a lot to expect Sasha to skate without heavy criticism for that one.

• Love 4

Oh Katie. I could watch at least 10 minutes of her telling Brooke to be quiet. And she did the rest of the show because I don't believe she spoke any words as Bill and Katie argued or when they went to the Forrester's. It's bad and Katie will be off the wagon but I kind of want to see Drunk Katie. She's fun. 

All this because Rick wants to move and won't stop whining about Ridge being the chosen son. I hate Ridge but Rick is terrible too. The mother/son dynamics  on this show are just weird; Stephanie/Ridge, Quinn/Wyatt and Brooke/Rick. She is just as bad as Stephanie was about Ridge.  

I like Steffy but not her and Liam. I actually wish her and Wyatt could work but in the end it won't.  And if I have to see the same flashbacks again for them I will scream. The writers must be tired of having repetitive dialogue so they stick those montages in. Please stop. 

• Love 8

Also here's Bill: "I'll keep your name out of it Katie. " Not 10 minutes later at the mansion: "Katie told me because I'm her husband." You are a vault Bill. And Caroline, Ridge or Thomas aren't rocket scientists but I think they could deduce Katie told you with you storming into the house like that.  

• Love 7

If Steffy says she's committed to Thirst bucket one more time, I'm going to take off one of my shoes and throw it at the screen. She can't even say she loves him or agree when somebody else says it. I'm willing to bet their marriage won't be legally valid and girly will be out of there faster than the speed of light. We all know something is going to go wrong that will give the Waffler an opening. She didn't have a problem with Liam touching on her, and I swear she was about to kiss him today. 

And Quinn needs to stay away from Liam. Let me guess. She's going to stalk him and show up at his house a few more times. I hope he's in therapy. I don't want them together because what she did will never be okay. At the very least, she should be in a psych facility to deal with her paranoid delusions and not showing up at her victim's house to victimize him all over again. She sounds like a total loon. Why didn't anyone suggest a civil order of protection be taken out against her? Hell she would violate it, but at least he could call the cops if she showed up at his home or job.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Oh Katie. I could watch at least 10 minutes of her telling Brooke to be quiet. And she did the rest of the show because I don't believe she spoke any words as Bill and Katie argued or when they went to the Forrester's. It's bad and Katie will be off the wagon but I kind of want to see Drunk Katie. She's fun. 

All this because Rick wants to move and won't stop whining about Ridge being the chosen son. I hate Ridge but Rick is terrible too. The mother/son dynamics  on this show are just weird; Stephanie/Ridge, Quinn/Wyatt and Brooke/Rick. She is just as bad as Stephanie was about Ridge.  

I like Steffy but not her and Liam. I actually wish her and Wyatt could work but in the end it won't.  And if I have to see the same flashbacks again for them I will scream. The writers must be tired of having repetitive dialogue so they stick those montages in. Please stop. 

I miss the good old ways when Thorne pulled his own Jan Brady game with Ridge, because Thorne would get pissed, go off and do his own thing and STFU for a few months until he was brought back to FC. Plus, his complaints felt more genuine, from a story perspective. Of the two brothers, he was always more on the day to day operations thing, the undertow of Ridge and Eric and Kirsten to a far lesser extent who were all the creative types. He'd put just as much time and effort to deserve consideration for promotion.

Rick has been a crybaby manchild ever since Kyle Louder was brought on ten years ago. How is it that teenage Rick-- who had college, FC responsibilities and a completely dysfunctional marriage on top of fatherhood to a baby that ended up being neither his nor his wife's--was less of a whiny bitch than early to mid 30s Rick, who is in theory at a much better stage in life to enjoy his daughter?

• Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Julius AND Sasha have fucked up plenty enough to have vitriol directed at both of them.  I would hardly say that everyone "forgave and forgot" when it came to Julius' lies.  The only family member who was even talking to Julius after the reveal (prior to the stupid Avant family meeting at the motel) was Sasha.   I know he showed up, but did anyone actually invite Julius to the hospital when Nicole gave birth?  I also strongly disagree that Sasha's poor behavior consisted of "one lie".

Maya and Nicole have definitely pulled schemes, but that doesn't mean they can't be pissed at Sasha.  I agree that, in general, people should've been more critical of Zende.  However, once he made the decision to go back to Nicole, lying about a pregnancy was a real low move.  Regardless of her sisters' past fuck-ups, it would be asking a lot to expect Sasha to skate without heavy criticism for that one.

Sasha's fuck-ups aren't even in the same universe as Julius'. And yes, I can say that everyone forgave and forget when just a few days after Nicole gave birth (which was less than a week after the reveal), Viv is already telling Julius to come back home and how much she misses him with nary a protest from their daughters.. So barely two weeks out (if that) from the earth-shattering, soul-crushing reveal of Julius' affair with Viv's best friend and that Sasha is his love child (both of whom he had the audacity to trot around the Avant home all the time) and Julius is already back in the family fold by invitation. Maya/Nicole seemed much more focused on what Sasha did than dear old Dad. Nevermind his lies and mistreatment where she is concerned helped create the Sasha we see today. You can say she's an adult now but the secret of her birth was something she had to carry on her shoulders well into adulthood so for them to so easily hand-wave that away is ridiculous. Because except for Nicole's short-lived initial defense of Sasha when she forced Julius to come clean, they have completely forgotten about all of that. How convenient for them, especially where Nicole is concerned. Nicole had everything and yet, this little spoiled, entitled, trifling trick blasts into town, hell-bent on blackmailing Maya. But how quickly that was forgotten once she got pregnant with the miracle child. She got Sasha fired from FC because she was jealous over Zende, (so who put a man - one she was barely dating - above her sister from another mister that time, hmm?) I don't care that she later went back and made things right - she shouldn't have done it in the first place. 

So Sasha took up with Zende after he broke up, I repeat, broke up with Nicole (yes, that's right, no sneaking around, no lying, no cheating behind Nicole's back unlike say Maya cheating with Rick after he had professed to Caroline he wanted to work things out). I don't like that she did it because they were best friends (and unbeknownst to Nicole, sisters) but where was Nicole's loyalty when she got Sasha fired in the first place? Why does only Sasha have to have loyalty to a family that until recently, she couldn't even claim as her's? I'm shaking my head here.

At least we can agree that Sasha didn't hold a gun to Zende's head and that he has skated by scot-free for his actions and lack of loyalty towards Nicole are concerned. How nice for him.

The only lie that Sasha told in my estimation is with regard to the pregnancy, which admittedly, was a low blow and completely beneath her, but within a day (not weeks, not months, not even several days) her conscience pricked her and she came clean. Unlike Maya, who purposefully lied to the men in her life (who had a right to know) about her transgender status for years. Unlike Nicole who attempted to blackmail Maya for weeks until she got what she wanted out of her and who came to town with that very agenda. Sasha's lie was in a moment of panic, at the thought of losing the only truly positive thing she felt she had in her life and she came clean within a day, a record by soap standards. Why? Because unlike her father and older sister, she has a conscience and having to live a lie for so long, she couldn't live with what she had done - she couldn't do that to Zende or Nicole. It doesn't excuse it, not in the least, but when you look at her actions vs those of her sainted sisters and dear old dad...no, they don't even begin to compare but their treatment of her is double standard/hypocrisy at its finest.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14

What we have here is a failure to communicate – From Cool Hand Luke

Well, Ridge did get one thing right; no one will ever really know what happened that night, because this whole thing with Ridge/Caroline/Douglas/Thomas reminds me of that game we played as kids, where you would tell the person on your left a secret, then they would tell the person on their left, and so on and so on, until you got to the end of the line, and would find out how much that secret had changed in translation. How did we get from a brokenhearted, pill popping Caroline allowing Thomas to come to her room and ending up in bed with him, to it being all about Ridge and what he is doing? How stupid are Bill and Brooke? Neither of them have any questions about how this came about? Have they forgotten that in order to get to point C, there had to have been a point B? Brooke’s first concern has always been Ridge’s welfare, but she isn’t asking how Caroline and Thomas ended up in the family way? No queries about Caroline possibly stepping out on Ridge with his son? How can these two nincompoops not see that Ridge is the one who was wronged? I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my own brain as I listened to Bill laying out all of Ridge’s “crimes.” But none of that mattered to Bill until the Man Whisperer showed up bellyaching about Rick. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it fairly hilarious that, now, Ridge’s actions regarding Douglas have somehow traumatized Rick? And to add some punch to his disrespect, Ridge has been running roughshod over the Little Prickster at work too? Have I seen that? No, I don’t think I have. UHP! UHP! Wait a minute, I have written an untruth! Ridge did take that east coast conference call without telling Rick, and as all us working folks know, being on a random conference call is the be all end all of importance in the workplace.

You can shut up too Katie, this is what happens to people who become meddlesome, interfering cows, and who get all up in business not their own. And I see we have returned to the “Gift My Husband” game? Well, Brooke you heard your sister; go on and take the man you claim is the love of your life. Let Katie stew in the juices of her own making. I think we can all see that Katie and Bill are doomed, and this viewer can barely tolerate watching them together anymore.

What is wrong with Steffy’s face? She looks like she just came from the House of Wax and let a murder of crows do her hair. I am already tired of Wyatt/Steffy/Liam/Quinn, and the shit is only just beginning. Let’s see:

1 Liam loves Steffy

2. Steffy loves Liam

3. Steffy made a commitment to Wyatt

4. Quinn loves Liam, or maybe Adam

There, that should clear it all up! Can we move on to the next big thing now, cause this one fell flatter than a pancake. The only friggin SL that carried any kind of heat or interest, and they are blowing it. The only friggin SL this viewer was invested in has been wasted, and now I simply don’t have a fuck to give about it.

I did enjoy Ridge manhandling Bill’s dick though. Ridge came off calm and cool, and Bill looked like a waxed up bull in a china shop. I kept waiting for Brooke to reach forward and pull Bill’s drawers out of his ass, because those suckers where knotted up tighter than a drum.

Have I mentioned how annoyed I am with the B&B?

• Love 16
(edited)

A couple of thoughts:  How does Ridge agreeing to raise his wife's child as his own equal fraud, which was Bill's point yesterday.  And why does it rise to the level of moral turpitude and mean Eric should demote Ridge and name Rick CEO? And since Eric can't doesn't have the power to do that, piffle on the whole thing. Although I guess $Bill intends to use his 12% as the deciding vote to oust Ridge.

I know it's all huge soapy goodness, but I don't get the big deal.  It's a purely personal matter.  I mean if CaRidge baby-gate is a scandal, then why isn't Rick married to a transgender woman and using his not quite legally adult SIL as a surrogate also a "scandal"? 

After Caroline's plea yesterday, I think $Bill will cut a deal -- he keeps The Secret if Ridge resigns and names Rick CEO.  So Ridge will agree so as to "protect" his wife and The Kid. This leads to huge, huge pouting, resentment and anger on his part toward Caroline and Thomas for costing him the Coveted FC CEO Throne.  Rick will become the overbearing asshat CEO he was the first time -- cue Thomas and Caroline as the new Aly. -- and maybe even fire Ridge or send him to Shanghai.  Thus the RidRick war cycle continues.  For the record I hate both Ridge and Rick.

Also Quinn is back to Psycho Killer Qu'est-ce que c'est Quinnsane and I think her next intended victim is Steffy.  1) She knows Liam has Twu Wuv for Steffy 4 Evah, 2) She's is still in twu wuv with Adam/Liam, 3) She knows Steffy still has the wuv feelz for Liam, and 4 ) She thinks Wyatt's marriage is doomed.

So if Quinn offs Steffy she frees up Wyatt for someone else, because Steffy will ultimately hurt him by leaving. And she removes her rival and Liam's twu wuv forever,  thereby leaving her to consile Liam's grief and revive Adam and Eve.

P.S. Katie can tell Brooke to shut her mouth as often as she wants

Edited by La di Diva
spelling
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

And why does it rise to the level of moral turpitude and mean Eric should demote Ridge and name Rick CEO? And since Eric can't doesn't have the power to do that, piffle on the whole thing.

Magically Eric probably will end up having that power, but I wish in a surprise twist he'd say screw them both and name Thorne CEO.

• Love 5
(edited)

With regard to the Ridge/Thomas/Bill/Caroline/Katie/Brooke/Douglas mess, I kind of hate everyone (except Douglas, of course).

Ridge for being the Bossy McBoss Pants he always has to be who blabbed to far too many people about his reproductive activities (or lack thereof). 

Thomas for Rape Night and thinking that night resulted in something beautiful (yes, Douglas is a beautiful baby but Thomas is a sperm donor, pure and simple). Although at least he didn't commit his rape behind a dumpster. 

Caroline for having regressed to a schoolgirl when in Ridge's presence. Perhaps it's a by-product of her trauma, but she was acting like Ridge was her Lord and King even before that. I don't know who's worse, bitchy, scheming Caroline or stepford Caroline? I'm leaning towards preferring bitchy because at least I felt like there was an actual person there. 

Katie for being the blabbiest blabbermouth busybody that ever blabbed. She needs to get a life of her own or go crawl into a bottle and stay there because she is just the worst.

Bill, claiming he's trying to take care of his niece and his great-nephew, honey, we aren't fooled by your black shoe-polish hair so we aren't fooled by your protestations of protecting your family. You want to stick it to Ridge because God knows if you don't win the dick-measuring contest, you simply don't know what to do with yourself. 

Brooke, girl, I love you, but seriously, stop! Rick is a grown-ass man so stop diapering and bottle feeding him or at least hand the task over to Maya. 

Douglas, you are far too sweet and adorable for any of these people. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 6

If they are going to go with Brill then for Chrissakes put Deacon in Katie's orbit.  I'm so over Deacon telling Quinn the same thing over and over gain.  It got old like a year ago.

• Love 12