Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Zal Bin Hasaan

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

No no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it writers, you can't write anyone well who isn't named Red. But did you have to do this to Ressler and Samar!!! And Aram! Poor Aram.

Other stuff happened but I can't remember at this time, too busy crying into my wine.

• Love 10

I think Aram will be a little pissed at Ressler for banging Samar.

And for good measure, Lizzie is back to longing about children. FFS !  How about she check in on her dog first ?

I have to admit I was kind of bored with this episode.

Less Red in this episode than usual, it's what I've noticed.

• Love 1

Well I didn't see that coming.

And it made no sense to me.  She's got one guy in the hospital with the hots for her (I guess Oded Fehr really is typecast).  And Aram has the hots for her.  Was it for shock value?  Another thing that made no sense is that she and Oded Fehr not only stopped to burn the files, but took the time to have a long lost reunion kiss, knowing the bad guys were coming.

On the plus side, we did get a lot of Tom.

• Love 3

First and foremost I hate this particular sitcom trope which was used in the worst way possible in this episode:

Character 1: I have something super important that I need to tell you right now!

Character 2: My business is much more important than yours and I'm going to pretend I didn't even hear what you just said!

Character 1: No seriously, you need to hear this.

Character 2: Bye!

This belongs in sitcoms and should not be a representation of how FBI agents talk to each other. Karakurt and Tom beating the shit out of each other was pretty slapstick as well. The wife walking in on Tom and Harold as they're in the middle of some gangster shit was probably meant to be an homage to Pulp Fiction's "Bonnie Situation" but was just annoying. The wife of the director of a super-secret FBI task force should know when and when not to ask stupid questions. Was this episode written by a sitcom writer who worked on one of those shows where there's always some silly misunderstanding and no one will actually just talk to one another? There was way too much of that this time around.

I hope no real Mossad agents were watching this. Terrorists disguised as hostages? Durr, we never thought of that! (And this show's cousin Blindspot did the same plot a week or two ago) Let's take these Iranian dudes we don't even know right back to our secret base! Let's not search them while we're at it! Come on! Everything I know about Mossad comes from Tom Clancy and Frederick Forsyth and the like but I am certain the real outfit is nowhere near as easily duped. A real Mossad safehouse would be a fortress and everyone in it would be armed. I am also pretty sure if they needed to destroy some secret documents they would have a means of doing it without having to open the safe first. A trashcan fire is probably the least effective way.

Lizzie has been on the run for what seems like forever because she was outside during a bombing that there is no evidence she was responsible for. Agent Navabi joins Mossad while her brother kills dozens of their agents. By this show's logic there should be a worldwide manhunt starting right this moment with Agent Navabi as the primary target. I don't see how her Mossad career could survive this.

For that matter I am still unclear on how an Iranian joins Mossad in the first place. However, I did do a bit of research into it and Mossad has an online recruitment page.

How did the terrorists get out of the Israeli compound at the end? The FBI was storming the building at that very moment and yet they somehow got out without a scratch.

Ressler does not deserve to get laid after punting that garden gnome. Unethical!

• Love 10

Even for a silly show like this one, Samar and her ex making out while NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE DOOR while they clearly know that there are armed terrorists not only IN the building, but specifically looking for the information IN THE ROOM THAT THEY ARE in was just a bit beyond the pale for me. 

• Love 12

First and foremost I hate this particular sitcom trope which was used in the worst way possible in this episode:

Character 1: I have something super important that I need to tell you right now!

Character 2: My business is much more important than yours and I'm going to pretend I didn't even hear what you just said!

Character 1: No seriously, you need to hear this.

Character 2: Bye!

This belongs in sitcoms and should not be a representation of how FBI agents talk to each other. Karakurt and Tom beating the shit out of each other was pretty slapstick as well. The wife walking in on Tom and Harold as they're in the middle of some gangster shit was probably meant to be an homage to Pulp Fiction's "Bonnie Situation" but was just annoying. The wife of the director of a super-secret FBI task force should know when and when not to ask stupid questions. Was this episode written by a sitcom writer who worked on one of those shows where there's always some silly misunderstanding and no one will actually just talk to one another? There was way too much of that this time around.

I hope no real Mossad agents were watching this. Terrorists disguised as hostages? Durr, we never thought of that! (And this show's cousin Blindspot did the same plot a week or two ago) Let's take these Iranian dudes we don't even know right back to our secret base! Let's not search them while we're at it! Come on! Everything I know about Mossad comes from Tom Clancy and Frederick Forsyth and the like but I am certain the real outfit is nowhere near as easily duped. A real Mossad safehouse would be a fortress and everyone in it would be armed. I am also pretty sure if they needed to destroy some secret documents they would have a means of doing it without having to open the safe first. A trashcan fire is probably the least effective way.

Lizzie has been on the run for what seems like forever because she was outside during a bombing that there is no evidence she was responsible for. Agent Navabi joins Mossad while her brother kills dozens of their agents. By this show's logic there should be a worldwide manhunt starting right this moment with Agent Navabi as the primary target. I don't see how her Mossad career could survive this.

For that matter I am still unclear on how an Iranian joins Mossad in the first place. However, I did do a bit of research into it and Mossad has an online recruitment page.

How did the terrorists get out of the Israeli compound at the end? The FBI was storming the building at that very moment and yet they somehow got out without a scratch.

Ressler does not deserve to get laid after punting that garden gnome. Unethical!

I understand the Brandons were involved with this. Brandon Margolis worked on Parks & Recreation, Nurse Jackie and The Office. So you were right.

• Love 3

I hope no real Mossad agents were watching this. Terrorists disguised as hostages? Durr, we never thought of that! (And this show's cousin Blindspot did the same plot a week or two ago) 

I read an article online that suggested Blindspot and Blacklist are essentially the same show, not surprising they are using similar plots.

What did that garden gnome ever do to Ressler ?

I'm curious what the endgame is for Red for all his efforts to "clear Lizzie's name" ?  Does she want to get her old job back, because no way that's going to happen ?  There were other witnesses in addition to Harold Cooper that saw Lizzie shoot the Attorney General (the hotel employees) -- no amount of Redsplaining or Karakurt confessions is going to make that just go away.  Plus her face has been plastered all over the TV and Internet as a Russian traitor and assassin, and there's no reeling all that in -- and no amount of media mea culpas about how they may have reported the story incorrectly will fix that.

I don't think the writers really thought this entire season through properly, so I ask again -- what is the endgame here for Lizzie and Red after they take down the Cabal ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

I don't think the writers really thought this entire season through properly, so I ask again -- what is the endgame here for Lizzie and Red after they take down the Cabal ?

I'm not sure even the writers know.

P.S. I'm going to use “Redsplaining” as well- this term should catch on.

• Love 3

I understand the Brandons were involved with this. Brandon Margolis worked on Parks & Recreation, Nurse Jackie and The Office. So you were right.

But those are good comedies! This was more like an episode of "Ow, My Balls!"

I read an article online that suggested Blindspot and Blacklist are essentially the same show, not surprising they are using similar plots.

They are definitely the same show. Somebody at NBC noticed that The Blacklist has good ratings and decided to make a clone of it except with the blacklist tattooed on a hot chick. I will come back to that in the general discussion thread because believe me I could go on.

• Love 1

Now that I've had the chance to calm down, I can honestly say it was not a bad episode, that is for this show and until the last two minutes.

There was of course the usual unrealistic portrayal of govt. agents and their idiotic behavior (making out right next to terrorists) but I don't expect anything more from this show. Liz is still the silent gofer No.2 to Red, now that Dembe has retaken his position as silent gofer No.1. Seriously, did he get to say one word in the entire episode? But I did like Liz's little scene in the diner. Her answering smile to that guy's smile and then realizing it wasn't for her but his cute family was nicely done.

Red was Red with his witty story and getting the blacklister at the end. But then, when doesn't he?

I actually liked Tom in his slapstick comedy routine with Cooper, what with the coffee cup, tire iron and the soy soap. The crowning moment was the prettyboy fight scene with the redhead I love, who then decided to kick a poor gnome's head in. If this was a comedy show, then it would have been a perfect little routine of two idiots fighting over the same girl.

But I still don't like Liz with Tom. Maybe he is not even aware of it but he still manipulates Liz - making her meet him when a phone call would have sufficed and calling her his dream. Even if Liz didn't have feelings for him already, here's this guy risking his life for her, making sure she knows while making puppydog eyes at her. Of course she'd be bound to feel something for him.

I have been waiting since the beginning of the show to add depth to the supporting cast but this wasn't what I had been waiting for. Apparently, all female Mossad agents have evil brothers. But Marno is a good actress and she did a great job with the material provided. I liked her with Oded Fehr who is apparently the only actor who can play a male Mossad agent. Also, Mossad agents are really stupid on this show but then what's new about that.

Ressler got to look hot in his kevlar and was actually smart in the way he got rid of the Director. I also loved the way he brought Solomon in. Solomon continues to be one creepy but committed dude. He threatens to skin people and then swallows fish-hooks for the Cabal.

The moment Samar made eye-contact with Ressler wearing her tanktop and Ressler came and leaned against the door, it was quite clear where this was heading and destroyed one of the best relationships on the show. You know what writers, it is possible for hot people to be platonic friends. I don't care who Ressler or Samar sleep with - they are adults. But to sleep with each other is a betrayal of Aram who has always been loyal to both of them. There was no need to destroy the trio dynamic. I get that these were two broken people looking for comfort but couldn't they find it with strangers at a bar?

Edit: Because of my antipathy towards what happened in the last two minutes, I couldn't really appreciate how well Marno and Klattenhoff did in the scene. They were brilliant in that quiet scene. No big monologues, large expressions but they both very subtly portrayed how broken and defeated they are.

Edited by norask
  • Love 2

I know it is an UO on this site but I like this show for what it is a fun little action show and I really don't expect it to be much more then that. I enjoyed this episode entil the last few minutes. I thought Ressler kicking the gnome was hilarious but the entire situation was.

• Love 2

It is, Blindspot is Blacklist 2.0 without a Red character but a girl with tattoos.  It even feels like rejected Blacklist plots.

Haha for a second there, I was judging previouslytv pretty hard because when you said "perfect blacklist", I actually thought that you thought it was a good episode...

That was terrible. Samar's brother being the ultimate terrorist bad guy was painfully obvious. Just in general, I just hate Samar's character. For a second there I was rooting for the Iranian guys to kill Samar after she went to go kiss her ex-boyfriend. Sadly they missed and shot the ex-boyfriend instead...

Seriously though? Swallowing a fish hook = "I don't know you"?

I really don't think Tom knows what he's doing at this point. He just is so blinded by Liz that he's willing to do pretty much anything but has no idea what he's doing.

• Love 1

I'm still wondering because they've been meandering with the Cabal plot for a while.

...her face has been plastered all over the TV and Internet as a Russian traitor and assassin, and there's no reeling all that in -- and no amount of media mea culpas about how they may have reported the story incorrectly will fix that.

Plus the biggest one she did was run to the Russian embassy seeking asylum. Hiding out from the authorities at a foreign embassy while proclaiming that you're not working for said country is a little hard to recover from.

• Love 1

The wife walking in on Tom and Harold as they're in the middle of some gangster shit was probably meant to be an homage to Pulp Fiction's "Bonnie Situation" but was just annoying. 

That was my immediate thought when Harold told him to pull into the garage and then they assessed the situation there. Plus, there was small talk about coffee and Tom drinking some when Ressler showed up.

Tony and Ziva finally hooked up! Oh, wait, wrong show.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1

The moment Samar made eye-contact with Ressler wearing her tanktop and Ressler came and leaned against the door, it was quite clear where this was heading and destroyed one of the best relationships on the show. You know what writers, it is possible for hot people to be platonic friends. I don't care who Ressler or Samar sleep with - they are adults. But to sleep with each other is a betrayal of Aram who has always been loyal to both of them. There was no need to destroy the trio dynamic. I get that these were two broken people looking for comfort but couldn't they find it with strangers at a bar?

Thank you. I literally made an account just so that I could be sore about this. Aram was so happy that Samar wasn't dead that he actually cried, and Ressler was actually going to do THAT? That major violation of Code?! Right after having a gnome-kicking bitch fight with Tom over his frustrated Liz business? Are you kidding me?! Who WROTE that last two minutes? That person is a terrible person and I want to give them all of my withering looks. (They're incredibly withering.)

• Love 9

Well, I never figured Tom for the comic relief on this show. He actually WINKED at Ressler? I did like the fight between Tom and Ressler, I could have watched that for much longer than we were allowed. But that garden gnome was way off-base. Agree that he owes Cooper a new one, stat.

Cooper's wife .. how does she know who Tom is? Has she ever seen him before? And what's with her nosing in on what's going on in the garage? And how did the Russian guy get out of the trunk and on to the floor of the garage ... and able to find a jug of soy-based soap? I can't even do that when I'm not all hog-tied.

Tom professes his love for Lizzie to the bad guy. Nice. So I guess he really means it. And Lizzie gets all doe-eyed seeing the family with baby at the restaurant ... where she is eating sans disguise, where anyone could pin point her? Geezy pete.

Samar and Ressler made me yell at my tv and dislike two of my previously favorite characters.

I still don't get who Solomon is or what he is trying to do. Swallowing a fish hook? Yeah, not.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5

Thank you. I literally made an account just so that I could be sore about this. Aram was so happy that Samar wasn't dead that he actually cried, and Ressler was actually going to do THAT? That major violation of Code?! Right after having a gnome-kicking bitch fight with Tom over his frustrated Liz business? Are you kidding me?! Who WROTE that last two minutes? That person is a terrible person and I want to give them all of my withering looks. (They're incredibly withering.)

I like this show very much. I understand that it is not the best written or acted show. That doesn't bother me. I like shows for what they are. That being said Ressler and Samar hooking up really bothered me. Now if it gets explained away next episode as a cheap meaningless screw by Samar to Aram because she wanted cheap and meaningless and Aram wouldn't have been then I will forgive it otherwise...Aram deserves better.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

Two words, Ressler and Samar - dick. move.

Also, not for nothing but isn't Ressler Samar's boss? I'm pretty sure that would be considered wildly inappropriate, even in the TV Land FBI

• Love 7

What did that garden gnome ever do to Ressler ?

All I could think of was Season 1 of Once Upon a Time.

I loved Aram's sheer joy over outhacking his former college nemesis. 

Solomon is working either with the CIA or just the director in order to chase down Elizabeth Keen, and from her, Reddington, and maybe Tom, I think.  The fishhook deal sounds to me like it was for show to the people observing the interrogation.

• Love 1

RIP Garden Knome! You were an innocent in all of this! Damn you Ressler! LOL!

What happened to Lizzie? Ever since she became a blonde she seems to be strangely muted. I am unhappy that she hasn't been featured more prominently in these last few episodes.

Samar is one tough chick. Once she found out her only brother is a terrorist she gave him to Red so easily. Not many people would do that to their own relatI've knowing that person would probably get killed. I felt so bad for Samar but I sure admire her strength.

Samar and Ressler hooking up was too farfetched and out of the blue for me. Definitely a plot device to make Aram turn against Ressler.

Oded Fehr! Our favorite Mossad agent! I'm glad they didn't kill him off! He should know better not to be making out with Samar when the bad guys are coming!

I want to see more Tom. I love the way how he's making Ressler and Cooper crazy. I think he just might succeed in clearing Lizzie^s name.

Not enough of Red in this episode and I'm not happy about that.

• Love 3

So I didn't see Ressler and Samar hooking up...because in that last scene, they had exactly no tension and absolutely zero chemistry. I also have no idea why they'd just decide to have sex- I get it, both need "comforting"...but, you know, it is possible for human beings to show affection and warmth without resorting to sex.

Wouldn't a nice, long hug where they're crying on each other's shoulders made more sense? It would to me anyway- Samar and Ressler are more friends than lovers.

As for the rest of the episode...I actually think it rocked. It wasn't perfect, but it was still a nicely flowing, pretty entertaining hour. I knew that Sammy Sheik would be Zal bin Hasaan- which, by the way, isn't an Iranian name (and I doubt a Persian would pick an Arabic alias), but the reveal was well done. I could see the look of betrayal on Samar's face, and it was fun seeing Mozhan Marno do her best to convey Samar's conflicting obligations of coping with the betrayal to maintaining her composure enough to do her job. I also thought Hasaan was pretty bright, pretending to be a victim to sneak into the Mossad safe house. I'm not quite sure how one of them could smuggle in a LED, it didn't detract too much from the scene.

I also enjoyed the fireworks that went off between Ressler and Tom. I do think Ressler was a bit too quick to judge and shouldn't have been so dismissive of Tom- after all, he did bring in Karakurt- but I did understand why Ressler reacted the way he did. Perhaps Cooper, in his zeal to get himself exonerated, should have brought Karakurt to Ressler alone, and told Tom to leave- he should have known that Ressler and Tom would be at each other's throats. Or his garden gnomes.

Only thing I really didn't like was The Director and Matias Solomon. It was a bit weak that all it took for Peter Kotsiopolos to be evicted from the Blacksite was a simple wiretap he didn't share with Ressler- yeah, it was a valid reason but it's pretty anticlimactic. Furthermore, neither of them really set themselves apart as baddies with any kind of purpose- they're both still one-dimensional characters whom I have no vested interest in caring about them. Besides, I think Kotsiopolos and Solomon get away undetected far too easily- they've shown nothing to me that shows any kind of criminal brilliance, especially Kotsiopolos. Well, on-screen that is- off-screen, the World Government is a pretty powerful organization that can trip Red up time and again. On-screen, they're just more bumbling idiots.

I did enjoy Solomon's exchange with Kotsiopolos:

"I'm sorry I had to put you through that, though I know you've been through a lot worse."

"It's okay- and so will you."

I hope the payoff with Solomon will be epic- I'd hate to waste a wonderful talent like Edi Gathegi on the one-dimensional pap he's been given.

Lastly...Lizzie. The show tried really hard to tug at her heart strings- and ours- with all those mentions of having a "normal" life, and it was kind of sad seeing Lizzie think the guy was going to talk to her only for her to realize he's greeting his family. However, "human Liz" just falls flat- she's so much better as the determined "bull in a china shop" character than she is as the wistful agent the episode tried to paint her as. What can I do? "Tough Liz" died after the Pilot.

Overall, it was pretty good. I still wonder about where this show is going but at least it hasn't been a snoozefest.

Edited by Danielg342
  • Love 2

Way to waste Oded Fehr, show.  He doesn't even up rekindling his flame with Samar, due to that stupid twist at the end.  You should have just saved him as a future Blacklister, show.  Then again, I still don't understand why Oded Fehr only seems to get guest spots, and hasn't upgraded to being a regular on his own show.  He's certainly talented and charismatic enough to carry a show, so I choose to believe he just doesn't want to make that commitment.

Instead, Blacklister of the week ends up being a terrorist, who ends up being Samar's brother.  His plan was basically to get captured on purpose (pretending to be a prisoner), and then get the dossier on all the Mossad agents.  Meanwhile, Red wanted him in order to use him as a bargain chip for whatever his plan is.  Not hard to guess who ends up winning.  Hint: it is the guy who always wins.

Tom hanging with the Coopers was may more entertaining then it should have been.  And then Ressler shows up and kicks a gnome.  Ha!  There are some sitcoms out there that can only wish to be as funny as that!

The Director and Solomon have to pretend they don't each other, which included the former torturing the latter.

Did Lizzie do anything outside of meeting Tom?

Won't even touch on the lame twist at the end.  Kidding, I will.  It makes no sense and clearly was set-up as shock value.  And I don't care.  Mainly because I saw more chemistry between James Spader and that peach drink at the beginning, then those in that "hot and heavy" scene.

• Love 3

That was my immediate thought when Harold told him to pull into the garage and then they assessed the situation there. Plus, there was small talk about coffee and Tom drinking some when Ressler showed up.

I wish they had gone all the way:

Tom (sipping coffee): God damn, Harold, this is some serious gourmet shit!

Harold (agitated): DO YOU SEE A SIGN ON MY GARAGE DOOR THAT SAYS LIVE RUSSIAN STORAGE?!?!

• Love 7
I think he just might succeed in clearing Lizzie^s name.

I just don't know how anyone can get past Lizzie shooting/killing that guy in cold blood for everyone to see. I've already forgotten who he was, but he was some big-shot politico. Good, bad or in between, killing someone point blank, much less a famous person known world-wide, just isn't what someone does who wants to be "cleared" of anything. Maybe she'll be cleared of being a Russian agent, but murdering that man? No way in heck should that ever happen.

Mainly because I saw more chemistry between James Spader and that peach drink at the beginning, then those in that "hot and heavy" scene.

That scene totally made me want a bellini. The Red scene, not the Ressler one.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Aram is my favorite character on this show after Red, Dembe, and post-Season One Tom, so I want him to get what he wants. So I was also pissed about the boring attractive, wounded people hook-up, because for a quick moment I thought Samar's "live for today" mindset would send her to Aram's house. BUT, she seems to just have wanted to some physical contact and catharsis right then, not a boyfriend, and had she hooked-up with Aram as a throw-away night of passion he probably would have been crushed later. So that's how I have rationalized it :)

I am still surprised By-The-Book-Ressler did something that is very likely against policy. I doubt that man owns any shoes with laces simply because the FBI manual doesn't include any instructions for lacing them properly.

Edited by morgankobi

As for the rest of the episode...I actually think it rocked. It wasn't perfect, but it was still a nicely flowing, pretty entertaining hour.

Yes, it did rock, didn't it? Too much Tom and his smirk for my taste but it was probably the best episode of the season for me, now that I had some time to think about it.

Only thing I really didn't like was The Director and Matias Solomon. It was a bit weak that all it took for Peter Kotsiopolos to be evicted from the Blacksite was a simple wiretap he didn't share with Ressler- yeah, it was a valid reason but it's pretty anticlimactic.

Hitchins is a bureaucrat and she's all about the rules and clauses. So I loved the fact that Ressler used that to get her to evict the Director. Everything doesn't have to a bloodbath, even in this show.

I also enjoyed the fireworks that went off between Ressler and Tom. I do think Ressler was a bit too quick to judge and shouldn't have been so dismissive of Tom- after all, he did bring in Karakurt-

Cooper didn't tell Ressler about Karakurt, so Ressler has no idea what Tom has done. Those three had their tiff and then Cooper just let him leave. That was a false note for me. Couldn't he just told Ressler the moment he came inside?

I just don't know how anyone can get past Lizzie shooting/killing that guy in cold blood for everyone to see.

Thank you for saying this. It doesn't matter if the guy was the worst guy on the planet. He was unarmed when Liz shot him. She can't realistically get away with it.

Edited by norask
  • Love 1

The fish hook was stupid. You'd think that by swallowing the fish hook Solomon paints himself as more of the The Director's minion than less. If that were me, there's no way I'm swallowing that hook- only if I was beholden to him would I do that.

• Love 2

This episode was good, up until the last few minutes. They're not going to have a relationship, and while I could see something like that happening in real life with no blow back, the only reason it happened here was to manufacture unnecessary drama. And the only drama I can think of is  unplanned pregnancy or simply crushing poor Aram. I like neither of these options. And we didn't even get naked Ressler to make up for any of it! Ugh. 

• Love 4

I just don't know how anyone can get past Lizzie shooting/killing that guy in cold blood for everyone to see. I've already forgotten who he was, but he was some big-shot politico. Good, bad or in between, killing someone point blank, much less a famous person known world-wide, just isn't what someone does who wants to be "cleared" of anything. Maybe she'll be cleared of being a Russian agent, but murdering that man? No way in heck should that ever happen.

Thank you for saying this. It doesn't matter if the guy was the worst guy on the planet. He was unarmed when Liz shot him. She can't realistically get away with it.

@Saber5055 -- the man Lizzie shot was the Attorney-General of the United States, a cabinet level position and 7th in line of succession to POTUS.  So yes, it was REALLY big deal that Lizzie killed him, especially in front of multiple witnesses and made worse since he clearly wasn't armed.   There is no walking that back.  Ever.

• Love 2

I have come to the conclusion I don't like Soloman. Not because he is a bad guy or whatever. I have no issue with "liking" bad guys I actually like the Director. His character makes sense to me. Solomon just appears to be a hitman for the Cabal who freaks out the guy who runs the CIA. That kind of shady powerful character has to have some reference to him. At least with Red we know he gets his power and influence from a lifetime of scheming and back room deals...and occasional murder. He manipulates and horse trades. That makes sense to me as well. I can almost see a guy like Red exist in the real world....for the most part. The hiding/not hiding is where I often roll my eyes a bit but that is a necessary overlook for plot purposes.

If I am going to feel Solomon I need more. Like who if anyone he answers to or how and why he is what he is.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Thanks Otto, for clarifying who it was Lizzie shot. Attorney general ... wow, you are right, no way can she ever come back from that. No such thing as a "fair trial" over that murder. The only end I see for her is on some island with no extradition, or on a big boat in some anti-USA country's territorial waters, maybe living in that luxury bin of Red's. For the rest of her life. Either way, she'd have to watch out for undercover guys out to get her. Even Red, Tom and the gnome-kicking Ressler combined can't save her from that.

(Although I'm guessing the show's writers can and will ...)

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Thanks Otto, for clarifying who it was Lizzie shot. Attorney general ... wow, you are right, no way can she ever come back from that. No such thing as a "fair trial" over that murder. The only end I see for her is on some island with no extradition, or on a big boat in some anti-USA country's territorial waters, maybe living in that luxury bin of Red's. For the rest of her life. Either way, she'd have to watch out for undercover guys out to get her. Even Red, Tom and the gnome-kicking Ressler combined can't save her from that.

(Although I'm guessing the show's writers can and will ...)

I'm thinking that all of Red's plans going after all the Blacklisters will eventually lead to obtaining some magic beans or perhaps a lamp with a genie that will grant Lizzie three wishes.

• Love 2

I thought this was one of the best episodes in a long while, so I'm somewhat surprised to see so many complaining about it. I know that's fairly typical for this thread, but do wonder why some are still watching. Thought the episode was basically great start to finish. Compelling and intriguing with surprises and unexpected turns. The ending I'm not crazy about and her kissing Oded was a risk neither should have taken at that moment, but yeah, I enjoyed it. Looks like there's room for him to make a future guest appearance. Also, I love Oded, but there are other actors who can play this type of role, it'd be nice if Hollywood realized that, cause he pops up in this same role all over the place. Blacklist guests better guest stars, so this makes sense, just saying. I could stand to also just see him in a different role, seems typecast lately.

Aram getting the drop on the guy who never ever ever gave him the time of day in school was great. Hope he enjoys the rush from that and breaking the law cause his soul is about to be crushed. I actually thought they were already seeing each other from when Redd was in his house, there was something on his fridge that made me think they were a couple.

Ressler and Tom's fight was great. Ressler is so tightly wound he was bound to lose it with someone like Tom, someone who is acceptable to attack when given the opportunity. Think he's lucky Harold was there to break it up, he doesn't stand a chance in a fight with Tom without pulling a gun, and even then his chances are mighty slim. Still enjoying Harold helping Tom. Glad Harold's wife helped a bit after her initial response. I was absolutely like "bitch please!" at her outrage, she best never forget she's one of the many reasons Harold is in this position.

I have to admit I was kind of bored with this episode.

As was I, except I will say I am impressed at how close this show gets to actual headlines today. I thought that after watching this ep even before Paris. It almost feels like actual terrorists would get annoyed at Blacklist (or get ideas from bits of it).

As was I, except I will say I am impressed at how close this show gets to actual headlines today. I thought that after watching this ep even before Paris. It almost feels like actual terrorists would get annoyed at Blacklist (or get ideas from bits of it).

Th Blacklist 'terrorists' are badly written stereotypes. A bit like everyone else on this show that James Spader doesn't write for.

I have been waiting since the beginning of the show to add depth to the supporting cast but this wasn't what I had been waiting for. Apparently, all female Mossad agents have evil brothers. But Marno is a good actress and she did a great job with the material provided. I liked her with Oded Fehr who is apparently the only actor who can play a male Mossad agent. Also, Mossad agents are really stupid on this show but then what's new about that.

HAHAHAH! I laughed out loud when he showed up. He *has found his niche, yes? (That said, he is still swoon-worthy. My goodness he makes me blush!) So NCIS, Covert Affairs and now Blacklist. Any others?